8.5

1. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is just insanely good. I was thinking it was just a hype, like Far Cry 3, Skyrim (that I thought a little tedious), but no, this game is just the top 5 best games in this generations (PS3, Xbox360, PC), that soon the generation is over. Awesome graphics, awesome dinamic, and I think the best was the sound, that was marvelous. People that are giving yellow scores is theThis game is just insanely good. I was thinking it was just a hype, like Far Cry 3, Skyrim (that I thought a little tedious), but no, this game is just the top 5 best games in this generations (PS3, Xbox360, PC), that soon the generation is over. Awesome graphics, awesome dinamic, and I think the best was the sound, that was marvelous. People that are giving yellow scores is the "Uncharted" fans. Altought I have to say I love Uncharted series, there's no match to Lara Croft and this games just raised the bars that Uncharted brought. They're just jealous. At some points I got goosebumps playing the game. Well, if you have any doubt, don't waste your time, play this game now. There's no way you can regret. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    This is one of those games where you get so involved with the character and with the visuals surrounding it. The story line is amazing the sound effect are awesome. The multiplayer is even not that bad I actually enjoyed playing a litle bit of it. I think this is one of my favorite so far this year.
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    Amazing pc version with stunning directx 11 and good optimization. Ambient and voice actors are amazing. Played this for 3 hours, story and that island are really interesting. Lara is so nice of course. Happy to play such games. Thanks Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix for this.
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    Quite surprised how good this game to be turned out to be, easily one of the best action-adventure games in years. Very fluid gameplay, top line graphics and action filled engaging story. This is one of very few games where QTEs aren't too annoying and actually play a good part during action scenes. Gameplay is a good mix of stealth and firefights, the AI isn't too great but that is prettyQuite surprised how good this game to be turned out to be, easily one of the best action-adventure games in years. Very fluid gameplay, top line graphics and action filled engaging story. This is one of very few games where QTEs aren't too annoying and actually play a good part during action scenes. Gameplay is a good mix of stealth and firefights, the AI isn't too great but that is pretty common these days. Story is a great twist on typical Tomb Raider adventure, people who like the concept of the Lost show will love it. Expand
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    I don't often write reviews but... wow. I Am absolutely blown away, I didn't expect anything from this game. I enjoyed the old games, (1,2, Angel of darkness, underworld) but this one just blew me away, the intro was great and it kept me going, the adrenaline doesn't stop and the action just keeps coming, I even feel bad for Lara after everything she goes through.

The graphics are

The graphics are sensational (I'm running a gtx680), the hair effects look amazing most of the time, but they have their glitches and screw ups (like the effects disappearing for a second and her hair looking bland during intense cut scenes, it could be a driver thing or something they could patch). As mentioned the story is thrilling and keeps you wanting more, the side quests are worthwhile and brings back old Lara memories. The gameplay is solid, the free running reminds me of assassins creed mixed with old school lara. The bow is great, the guns can feel a bit clunky at times but still suits fine considering she wouldn't be a gun expert. Point blank confrontations with enemies are awkward at first but goes nicely with the story, but once you adapt and learn abilities it works out great and flows greatly.

Overall a true underdog for me and a very nice recreation of Lara. Good job crystal.
  6. Mar 5, 2013
    Three hours in. Fantastic game so far. Great PC port, for those worried over that aspect of the game. Using latest 314 drivers, my nvidia card does the hair tesselation very well, so you definitely do not need a radeon to get that benefit of the PC port. Controls are very fluid and smooth with a keyboard/mouse. Some people hate QTEs, so if you hate 'em, too bad. This game has them. I thinkThree hours in. Fantastic game so far. Great PC port, for those worried over that aspect of the game. Using latest 314 drivers, my nvidia card does the hair tesselation very well, so you definitely do not need a radeon to get that benefit of the PC port. Controls are very fluid and smooth with a keyboard/mouse. Some people hate QTEs, so if you hate 'em, too bad. This game has them. I think they're a perfectly fine gameplay mechanic. I don't mind.

Combat is, like the controls, fluid and smooth. I'm shocked, considering Crystal Dynamics has largely made...well...games far inferior to this in the past. :/

Very cinematic gameplay that is a mixture of Uncharted/Assassin's Creed. The optional "Tombs" have, so far, been relatively easy. I was always a fan of the Tomb Raider stories/lore, but never a fan of the puzzle-based gameplay in the previous games, and while there's some small element of puzzles in the main game, it's definitely more of an action/adventure than an environment puzzle. Which I think is great.

The story, and character evolution of Laura, so far, has also been great. It's audacious to say this only three hours in, but I can already see this being in the conversation for end-of-year awards when November/December rolls around.

Just fantastic presentation, solidly smooth gameplay, and far more likable Laura now that she isn't wearing hotpants with Double D cups. I'll hold off on a 10 until I actually finish. ;D About the only thing I can think of at this point that would make me lower my score later is if they end it on a cliffhanger.
  7. Mar 6, 2013
    Excellent gameplay, solid plot, and wonderful graphics. For a modern day 3rd person shooter it is awesome. Deeper than Uncharted, multiple routes to take through quests, and a level up system similar to Far Cry. It is a combo game that doesn't fail in anyway except for the lack of puzzles. Add some serious Tomb Raider puzzles and this may have been the best in the series. As it is, I'm onExcellent gameplay, solid plot, and wonderful graphics. For a modern day 3rd person shooter it is awesome. Deeper than Uncharted, multiple routes to take through quests, and a level up system similar to Far Cry. It is a combo game that doesn't fail in anyway except for the lack of puzzles. Add some serious Tomb Raider puzzles and this may have been the best in the series. As it is, I'm on a second playthrough already. They did a great job of making you feel that no matter how skilled you play the game, Lara may not actually succeed at her goals. Pros:
    TressFX hair.
    The island is the star.
    Great pacing to the story and to Lara's development as a character.
    Nice job of making the player feel that they may not succeed at their mission until the last second. Cons:
    Massive performance drop with TressFX hair on (don't use this on anything but a top Intel chip processor and AMD 6970+ or NVIDIA GFX 660ti card, it killed every other set up I used).
    No puzzles (well they exist, but are short and very easy).
    Water could be better and Lara can't swim.
    Freedom of movement around the island comes very late in the story at which point you don't care about exploring any more. PC controls are not as smooth as the controller, again making the PC feel like an afterthought. Many people complain of crashes, but I had a smooth experience. Final Judgment:
    It is worth the $50 only if you like replaying games. It is short and a one time play for people only interested in the story. My first playthrough was about 8 hours and I completed 84% of the collectibles and challenges. Maybe a 6 hour game if you plow through the story.
  8. Mar 5, 2013
    This Tomb Raider is a mature adult-oriented version and better for it. The storyline evolves as you play the game and you really feel for Lara's struggles as she battles through the islands lush locations.

The gameplay has depth and combat has a visceral feel. The controls are simple and do not get in the way of the action or story. The graphics and sound are state-of-the-art and rival anything seen and heard in other games released in the last year. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your computer. The Ultimate graphics setting is absolutely beautiful.

The UI is excellent and highly polished and most importantly functional. The new collection and achievement systems encourage you to explore the island. They also have the added advantage of giving you experience and items which in turn can be used to add skills and upgrade weapons.

A definite Game Of The Year contender.
  9. Mar 7, 2013
    Tomb Raider plays and feels more like an action movie than a game, but that is not a bad thing. The problem is that it turns, for the most part, the player into an expectator with "little" (choice-wise) to do other than follow the predetermined path and manage QT-Es to stay awake (but let's be fair: extremely well implemented QT-Es).

Trying to gather the collectibles spread around the

Trying to gather the collectibles spread around the map may distract you from the game's main selling point: it's character development and the interaction with the environment, but those menial exploration tasks can be left to after the endgame the completionist in me wanted to ditch the sense of urgency and collect everything on the first play-through, but that spoils the mood.

The voice acting is solid, the graphics are stunning and Lara's character is unbelievably well done, but the rest of the crew is unmemorable to say the best, sometimes falling into "I wish friendly-fire could be turned off" territory. The narrative is very common place (again, not a bad thing), but the action feels... unnatural (too much killing, even if "justified").

The difficult is set very, very low: the (environmental) puzzles are okay, but ammo is pretty much infinite, making fragility the only problem for Lara, but again no complaints here: dying over and over again has always been a selling point for this franchise (really!).

In this reboot we don't have huge, over-the-top and out-of-this-world Tombs, neither did we get underwater sequences (in fact, on my gameplay Lara drowned at least a dozen times) but yes this is solid environment and survival exploration with the most loved female explorer ever. This game truly turns Lara's character into all that she is know even a dose of sex appeal is there, when she isn't mass murdering entire armies.
  10. Mar 5, 2013
    First of all I don't see how you cant accurately review a game within the first hours. And Tomb Raider Linear and scripted? I wonder why that is? Maybe because it is a game where the story is supposed to be linear because it is a prequel to how Lara Croft became a BAMF, This game is meant to have a tighter grip on the beginning of the game because rather than going through stupid slowFirst of all I don't see how you cant accurately review a game within the first hours. And Tomb Raider Linear and scripted? I wonder why that is? Maybe because it is a game where the story is supposed to be linear because it is a prequel to how Lara Croft became a BAMF, This game is meant to have a tighter grip on the beginning of the game because rather than going through stupid slow boring tutorials that we all hate the game actually teaches you while going through Adrenaline filled action. The game is supposed to be a linear game and just because it is linear doesn't mean that's a bad thing. Before you judge this game correctly and accurately with a real review don't rage at it. From what I have played through the game is awesome and fun. Expand
  11. Mar 6, 2013
    I find it hard to believe people are seriously complaining about QTE's in this game. There really aren't that many. I'm currently 49% through the game and I'm having a blast. I'd say about 8/10 fights I get into are just pure action shooting/brawling where the remaining two will have QTE's involved (So seriously it's not that much and they add a nice transition to standard beat em up)I find it hard to believe people are seriously complaining about QTE's in this game. There really aren't that many. I'm currently 49% through the game and I'm having a blast. I'd say about 8/10 fights I get into are just pure action shooting/brawling where the remaining two will have QTE's involved (So seriously it's not that much and they add a nice transition to standard beat em up)

The graphics are very impressive on Lara's character model, so much that it actually makes the environment look not as outstanding. Same goes for the other characters as well, though it's not so crazily different it makes your jaw drop.

The skills and weapon upgrades actually make an impact which is important to me, it's not one of those games that has a linear skill upgrade design (for instance you only have one skill to upgrade or you pick between two and that's it). The movement is perfect, throughout what I've played thus far, I never had an issue with controlling Lara around the environment, jumping from platforms etc. (Also I play with the Keyboard and Mouse, not a gamepad just for noting)

The game isn't as "open-world" as I'd hoped it would've been. Like the other Tomb Raider games it still is somewhat linear, though they do have secret tombs you can raid to get unlockables and very nice experience for skills in.

The combat is very fun and fluid. I say fluid in terms of being smooth (It's a word I've taken to when describing combat in games...) as in it doesn't feel clunky at all. Which was actually quite a relief to me as most games deliver on so many fronts then lack in the combat area where it just feels like a jumbling mess.

The voice acting is great but there have been a few moments where it was somewhat embarrassing too. Not enough to make me not want to play the game though that's for sure!

Old style Tomb Raider fans can also rejoice, they do still have puzzles in the side-tombs that you raid. Though using the survival instinct (Q) can really pave the way for you, so for an additional challenge I'd recommend resisting the use of it!

All in all, I'm finding this game to be very exciting and fun. With the amount of hype and games that have been coming out lately that all turn to crap.. I'm very glad I didn't go wrong in pre-ordering this one! Also for an added note I'm on 7 hours of play time at 49% complete to maybe give you an idea of the length of the game. (I go off exploring every now and then but not extensively) Also for anyone curious about it's port to PC, it really feels like it was meant to be for the PC. Not saying console users got the raw end by any means though! Just stating something that must be said about all games from the console/pc-wide play-ability because the port to the PC can often be a nightmare without a controller!

Thanks for reading! Hope my review helped in someway ^_^
  12. Mar 5, 2013
    The BEST tomb raider of the series. Definitely a MUST BUY, the graphics and story are FIRST CLASS. But the multiplayer was a bit disappointing. Nonetheless this game is EPIC. All hail SQUARE ENIX
  13. Mar 8, 2013
    In summary... GET THIS GAME.

In summary... GET THIS GAME.

I rarely find a game that will want me coming back for more. This game not only made me eager to get back to playing it, but I'm also eager to play through it again! After playing only one tomb raider game I hadn't had a high impression of the tomb raider franchise and the only reason I looked into getting this game is the extreme positive feedback from some reviews. The graphics are amazing, some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The detail put into Lara, the characters and the scenery is outstanding (I can't think of a word to praise it enough). The story is very original; I think they did the right thing by starting a reboot with a novice Lara and building up her character and personality through the emotional story. I liked the combat and controls, it is kept simple and fits in with her character (for example, instead of blocking she dodges attacks). The QTE felt simple but were extremely intense as most situation escalated quickly as our poor Lara was thrown around or falling once again. There are only minor things that this game could have improved on; the enemy AI felt like it was just a wave after wave of mindless drones and QTE were sometimes so well implemented I didn't know whether I was to watch an action scene or start moving Lara. Overall this game is brilliant and a very successful reboot. I expect another game to come after this one (I would be very disappointed if they didn't).
  14. Mar 5, 2013
    Let me start by saying I am truly and undeniably a fan of the series. I`ve played it since 1986 and I`ve finished every Tomb Raider game so far. Ever since the disastrous Angel Of Darkness the series tried crawling back to it`s throne, and came close with recent instalments but not quite there. They each missed what this game has, a character with real human emotions and weaknesses insteadLet me start by saying I am truly and undeniably a fan of the series. I`ve played it since 1986 and I`ve finished every Tomb Raider game so far. Ever since the disastrous Angel Of Darkness the series tried crawling back to it`s throne, and came close with recent instalments but not quite there. They each missed what this game has, a character with real human emotions and weaknesses instead of a superhero, and a fresh gameplay that does a good job making you satisfied till the end without getting repetitive. But more importantly the series now has what it was truly missing, a compelling story that isn`t serving a mere motivation for your character to get from point A to point Z, but more to make you question your surroundings, your allies, instincts and wonder about the outcome of every situation you find yourself into. It`s no longer about simply getting into that tomb and raiding ti dry, beating the boss and walking out with your prize, it`s about understanding the myth behind it, the history, and the dangers behind it`s power falling into the wrong hands. Finally the game has a great combat system too, tied with a crafting system and a skill menu, which was my initial worry. but turned out well as the skills are nothing game breaking and only feature slight boost of her already achieved skill set. Graphics is great, nothing groundbreaking but the effects and animation are stunning and make you really get into the game, along with an amazing soundtrack. Puzzles are innovative, and no longer about just pulling levers and finding keys. You are now required to use the nature and it`s element around you. Deaths in the game are brutal, and unlike the reaction you make in most games when you die: Oh damn, gotta reload and start over``, this time it will be more like: ``Jesus Christ that looked painful!``. Lara now also reacts more human than any of the video game characters I`ve seen so far, she is aware of her actions and consequences, she doesn`t kill just to move on, she kills to save, herself or others, she kills to survive and shows a range of emotions you`d expect from someone in her position. The camera is finally where it should be! It not only covers the action well but also makes it more dramatic and movie-like. The game is also very well optimized. It runs flawlessly on my mid-range pc with all options maxed, except for the hair, which completely ruins my frame rate when if I enable the TressFx. Guess I need a stronger pc for that one.
    To finish it up let me just say the game is Tomb Raider meets Bear Grylls on a trip to a world most dangerous location. Also, those calling the game a female version of Uncharted need to know one thing, Uncharted itself borrowed heavily from Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones to make a game of it`s own quality, and a great quality it is. This Tomb Raider follows the same footsteps, it doesn`t copy, it learns from it. The game reinvented itself, and it would go in this direction with or without Uncharted, as this is what the fans have been asking for since the game started reusing it`s formula, long before Uncharted.
    The only negative side I can point out is way too much grunting and moaning. I get that she is in a lot of pain, but she is sometimes too dramatic over every injury. And I feel like the whole ``element based puzzles`` could have been worked on a little more, cause the idea opens up a lot of opportunities.
    Thanks you Square Enix for not ruining the series and making it finished for good.
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    My opnion still is same about this amazing game, im still playing, i think more than 50% of the game.
    All cutscenes very good, the game still adventure we know, and the action is better than never, this game have one future bright, i hope the next game of the serie come back again for pc, in this next generation.
  16. Mar 12, 2013
    Absolutely loved this game and enjoyed every second of it. The story kept me interested throughout, action was pretty intense and didn't feel over the top or overused. I really liked the character development of Lara and her progression towards becoming that bad ass chick from the original games. I noticed some people complained about narrative and story not making sense, noticeablyAbsolutely loved this game and enjoyed every second of it. The story kept me interested throughout, action was pretty intense and didn't feel over the top or overused. I really liked the character development of Lara and her progression towards becoming that bad ass chick from the original games. I noticed some people complained about narrative and story not making sense, noticeably during scenes of Lara being upset and all of a sudden on a so called 'killing spree', i felt that the developers did as a furthering of character development in such a way so that Lara had to always be on her toes so to speak. Those reviews seemed to have a bias or an unwanting/not caring to understand Lara's journey so don't let them put you off. Graphically a beautiful game to witness, i had to slow down at times just to catch some cool shots of the island in its various weather conditions. Cinematic scenes, just wow tbh. The use of weapons was well integrated into game play and non seemed unnecessary the bow is one of the most satisfying weapons I've used in recent games and it almost feels wrong when not using it.

To sum it up, just buy it. It offers an enjoyable experience regardless of whether you're familiar with the older Tomb Raider titles.
  17. Mar 5, 2013
    fantastic game and a really good pc port thanks square enix for this awesome game its worth every cent.
    game looks much better on pc and runs much better.
  18. Mar 5, 2013
    An exceptional game.
    Where developers really had the desire to create something polished and well done, and worried about the PC version of the game.
  19. May 28, 2013
    I like the previous Tomb Raider games also, but this one... this one tops them all. Before, the foundation of Tomb Raider was it's game-play, caring much less about story, characters or even graphics. However, this one has them all. The story is well written and though out, the characters are interesting, the game-play is much more complex and witty, and the graphics are beautiful. AmazingI like the previous Tomb Raider games also, but this one... this one tops them all. Before, the foundation of Tomb Raider was it's game-play, caring much less about story, characters or even graphics. However, this one has them all. The story is well written and though out, the characters are interesting, the game-play is much more complex and witty, and the graphics are beautiful. Amazing game. By far 10/10. Expand
  20. Mar 5, 2013
    I am a Tomb Raider fan since TR1 and I must say I think this is probably the best reboot a serie ever had. I am playing it on my pc with ULTIMATE settings, and the game is incredible. The physics, the animations, the acting, the environment... The survival gameplay is PERFECT, the game does everything to make of feel in a survival mode and it's really well done. Some tv shows can'tI am a Tomb Raider fan since TR1 and I must say I think this is probably the best reboot a serie ever had. I am playing it on my pc with ULTIMATE settings, and the game is incredible. The physics, the animations, the acting, the environment... The survival gameplay is PERFECT, the game does everything to make of feel in a survival mode and it's really well done. Some tv shows can't even produce the same effect. I am having a lot of fun, which is something unusual with me for most new games. I just finished Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 and both weren't even close to how good my first hour in Tomb Raider is. This is a must buy. I think it's a game anybody can like, even the ones who can't stand a TR game. There are some puzzles, but it's not as advanced since we are only playing "young Lara". And I must say, it feels really realistic. Just to give an exemple how good it is, at the beginning Lara is almost covered in blood, but after going outside where it rains, the rain cleaned her. It's one the very subtile things of this game like that, that creates the realistic ambiance. Expand
  21. Mar 5, 2013
    There are only very few games that I can give 10 points. If a game gets 10, it is never 100% perfect but almost. What I lacked in this game was that Lara should have done more attractive and sexy. I rarely play a game more than 1 time but there are a few games I've played through more than one time and this is one of them. I will sleep well tonight
  22. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is vast, gorgeous and intense. It might be too early to say, but after a couple of hours in, this feels like GOTY-material. I love how the game expands on the emotional side of the character, who, surprisingly enough, doesn't fall flat on it's face- shame you can't say the same about the other characters, whom have little to nothing memorable. Many people have said 'the game isThis game is vast, gorgeous and intense. It might be too early to say, but after a couple of hours in, this feels like GOTY-material. I love how the game expands on the emotional side of the character, who, surprisingly enough, doesn't fall flat on it's face- shame you can't say the same about the other characters, whom have little to nothing memorable. Many people have said 'the game is holding my hands too much, this looks like a movie' but to be fair, what you miss in the hand-driven sequences you have in abundance in finding the artifacts and solving optional puzzles throughout the island. Yes, there is a perk system and yes, there are many quick-time-events but really, don't pass on this game. You'll miss out. Expand
  23. Mar 12, 2013
    I didn't think I would get this game but my friend convinced me it was awesome. He was right, this game is fantastic. Crystal Dynamics really poured blood and sweat into this game. The PC port is very well done almost to the point of reminding you of The Golden Age of PC gaming. The graphics on High and Ultra settings vary from solid to mind blowing (Geothermal Caves looked amazing). TheI didn't think I would get this game but my friend convinced me it was awesome. He was right, this game is fantastic. Crystal Dynamics really poured blood and sweat into this game. The PC port is very well done almost to the point of reminding you of The Golden Age of PC gaming. The graphics on High and Ultra settings vary from solid to mind blowing (Geothermal Caves looked amazing). The sound design is exceptional. There is so much detail in this game that you really get immersed in the world. The pacing of the game is tight and the combat is good. If you buy this expecting the old school arcade style Tomb Raider combat you will be let down. The combat requires using cover and moving tactically but also offers melee takedown options. The world design and leveling/upgrade system is like Batman Arkham Asylum. Old fans of Tomb Raider might be let down by this but if you like a quality game you might get over it because this game has it all. There are a few reasons I didn't give Tomb Raider a 10/10. The game on Hard is just a bit too easy and there is not NG+ or any mode to make the game more difficult. One time the AI bugged and just sat there while I killed three guys. Even though the audio and graphics are a 10/10 the combat is really only and 8 or 9, it's good but not perfect to the point where it's the primary reason you're playing the game. Another problem I had with the game is Lara's voice acting and the lines they gave her, it's just the same tone over and over even though the character evolves throughout the story. Despite these problems this game is still a great achievement and I hope Square Enix allows Crystal Dynamics to produce an even better sequel because they obviously have the talent to produce a nearly perfect game. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2013
    This Is definitely game of the year of BOTH 2012 and 2013. The freshest breath of air Ive taken in a long time, looks like all the hard work and countless hours the makers put into this game really paid off. I have met a few of the design team members and they are great and passionate guys and you can tell they care more about providing a product that really changes and improves gaming andThis Is definitely game of the year of BOTH 2012 and 2013. The freshest breath of air Ive taken in a long time, looks like all the hard work and countless hours the makers put into this game really paid off. I have met a few of the design team members and they are great and passionate guys and you can tell they care more about providing a product that really changes and improves gaming and making the gamers really happy. This is the first time in a long time where i actually believe the company was making the game for us and not only for the money. Now about the game; this is a great game filled with a suspenseful, mind-churning, and immersive game play that has some of the most beautiful graphics and voice acting that i have ever seen. The upgrade and free travel system in this game really adds the replay value and game length. Unlike the previous tomb raider titles, you really become the character and begin to feel and experience what the character experiences in the game, and can even grow attached to some of the other characters. The fighting and surviving has been done very well in this game and is very simple to use making fun to encounter and complete unlike some of the past titles where the fighting and shooting was really awful for example like in tomb raider 2 and 3 and some others. One of the best console ports that I have seen and adds a very large amount of graphic changing options and requires a pretty hefty pc setup to run the game fully. I run gtx 480x2, i7950 4.0OC 12gb ram and only keep around a 28 fps average with everything on ultra and SSAx4. Lara Croft is WAY hot in this game and i definitely prefer this "alive" and younger version to the old whore Lara. There are a lot of quicktime events but honestly they fit with the gameplay very well and can be done quickly so the gameplay is not hindered at all. Besides a few bugs (which will be quickly fixed) i found nothing wrong with the game and I think everyone should pick up a copy, genre fan or not you will most likely love this game for any playing system. Expand
  25. Mar 5, 2013
    Yes for the whole new Tomb Raider reboot. Why am I saying that? Because this new Tomb Raider has improved a lot from what is missing and being boring in the old series. With the almost open world style, amazing climbing, very nice Puzzles, some QTEs, some Epic scenes, very fun shooting system and wonderful journey in Single Player plus some enjoyable from Multiplayer make the new rebootYes for the whole new Tomb Raider reboot. Why am I saying that? Because this new Tomb Raider has improved a lot from what is missing and being boring in the old series. With the almost open world style, amazing climbing, very nice Puzzles, some QTEs, some Epic scenes, very fun shooting system and wonderful journey in Single Player plus some enjoyable from Multiplayer make the new reboot into the new fanstatic game, some what different but still closer to the old. You shouldn't see some troll or haters, all what you need is taking the game and ready to enjoy one of the most anticipated game of the year. Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2013
    EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS GAME!! Ok, maybe not everyone but just people who want to play a generic Uncharted clone starring whiny emotional sissy Lara Croft. But, despite many many flaws this game has, I am giving this game a PERFECT 10 because I want my voice to be actually heard out there. I had my original 4/10 review deleted because Square Enix apparently paid just about everybodyEVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS GAME!! Ok, maybe not everyone but just people who want to play a generic Uncharted clone starring whiny emotional sissy Lara Croft. But, despite many many flaws this game has, I am giving this game a PERFECT 10 because I want my voice to be actually heard out there. I had my original 4/10 review deleted because Square Enix apparently paid just about everybody off. Don't give it to all the hype if you are a true Tomb Raider fan and appreciate games for their gameplay, rather than just TressFX graphics of Lara's hair. Who the %$ck cares about the hair in video games?!! Peace out. Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2013
    I enjoyed this game immensely. I am a long time Tomb Raider fan and I thought this game was a well needed breath of fresh air. I think Lara has earned back her treasure hunting crown from Nathan Drake (not bashing uncharted, love those games too) as there is plenty to see and explore in Tomb Raider, even after the story ends. Looks amazing on PC, excellent port by nixxes.
  28. Mar 6, 2013
    The game is fantastic. I feel really sorry for Lara! I love TR Legend, Anniversary and Underworld and i Love this Lara! It shows her fragile part! I give it a perfect 10!
  29. Mar 5, 2013
    Brilliant reboot! All the nostalgia is coming back in a good way. But in with a more refined and compact package that leans on what Batman Arkham Asylum showed you could do with a story and RPG-style skill weapon unlock system. Lara ends up getting into the thick of things and slowly unlocks gadgets and new skills that make traversing over the visually stunning and very atmospheric areasBrilliant reboot! All the nostalgia is coming back in a good way. But in with a more refined and compact package that leans on what Batman Arkham Asylum showed you could do with a story and RPG-style skill weapon unlock system. Lara ends up getting into the thick of things and slowly unlocks gadgets and new skills that make traversing over the visually stunning and very atmospheric areas with ease. There is a little bit more gun-play than you may be expecting, but nothing that gets overly distracting. You are still very much at ease most of the time to go hunting for collectibles (and there are a LOT of collectibles), as well as hunting down the "hidden" tombs. The entire game took me ~12 hrs to complete on normal at ~80% completion, with 1 skill point and 2 weapon mods away from 100% the upgrade zone, and the rest were missing collectibles. (diaries, relics, gps locations, treasure maps etc.). The game ran very smoothly on my q9450, 560ti, Windows 7, SSD, 4gb ddr2 at 1080p everything set to ultra, except: shadows on medium, tressFX off, reflections on normal pumping out 40fps.My favourite part of the game has to be the melee fighting, where you can dodge enemies and then get finishing moves if you time it correctly to kill them off in brutal fashion. Arrow to the face, bullet through their heads etc. in super slow-mo eye candy brain popping glory! (Yes I was just playing Dead Space 2... so slightly into it!). All I can say is the story is well worth your time, the characters are interesting, and this rebooted Lara will definitely be worth continuing on with for a few more outings hopefully. The PC port is well done and has numerous graphical settings, runs really well (just like most Squenix ports of recent times, DX:HR, JC2, etc.) and works perfectly with a mouse and keyboard. The QTEs are slightly annoying at first, but once you pick up the 3 buttons required, they are no longer annoying and really just immerse you into the world. One of the best parts of the entire experience beyond the visuals, story, atmosphere and gameplay would have to be that they've managed to pretty much do away with any level loading screens as you transition in these little tunnels and ledges and what not between areas and it is done so professionally that it really ramps up the immersion as you can play the game for 5 hrs straight and never see a loading screen if you don't die. TLDR: Get it, love it, thank me later! Expand
  30. Mar 6, 2013
    Simply put, this game is a cinematic marvel. Regardless of the occasional crashes (assumed to be fixed in future updates) and various game play criticisms I've seen, Tomb Raider Reborn surpassed my meager expectations within the first 30 minutes of playing. You won't be disappointed.
  31. Mar 6, 2013
    This game has me amazed. It is beautiful in every step of its design, hectic, fast paced, clever and all around gorgeous. Gory when it has to be, dark and mysterious and action packed from minute one. I hadn't been addicted to a single player game like this since Mass Effect 'nuff said.
  32. Mar 19, 2013
    Summary: a worth buy due to good combat/upgrade system which makes the control good for adventure combat.

First of all, I am new to this series. So, I will comment more on the game system and plot. Combat/upgrade system: This incorporate many elements from several famous games, like dodging system (Alan Wake), cover taking/stealth kill/instinct (Hitman Absolution), character skill

Combat/upgrade system: This incorporate many elements from several famous games, like dodging system (Alan Wake), cover taking/stealth kill/instinct (Hitman Absolution), character skill upgrade (many action games have this nowadays), resource/weapon part collection (Dead Space 3). Its implementation is so good that the combat can be carried out smoothly with the help of above elements. Lara also interacts with the environment flawlessly, she knows to take cover when needed to, and crouch for stealth encounter when needed to. Very smart indeed. The character skill upgrade are generally helpful as well, but balancing. The use of visual icons to prompt for QTE is generally user friendly to players as well. Excellent.

Plot/Adventure: As a reboot from series, Lara starts as a newbie, and she gets more skill/tactics as she advances through the story, which also allows some back-tracking to previous places for treasure hunting. A good setting! And the developers have guts as well, if it needs to have gore and violence in order to present the cult atmosphere, so it will be. Good try.

Optional quests Action: The game also does not deviate from its main purpose. Yes, tomb raider! So, visiting optional tomb, finding treasures via solving puzzles or climbing jumping, with some cool and exciting jump drop in between. By doing so, players can have some understanding about items, and gain more XP for skill upgrade, a good incentive and fun way to enhance the game play, rather than simply killing enemies.

Overall, a good combat and adventure system and character development throughout the game, with the nice elements implemented, it is really fun to explore the island and complete the side quests.
  33. Mar 10, 2013
    I ve never seen tomb raider this beautiful and the game is so addicting and enjoyable amazing work on graphics and gameplay also the story makes sense ....well you have to try to beleive
  34. Mar 5, 2013
    Please don't expect a "professional review", this is an OMG I gotta tell ppl about this game review.
    Ok, first off, if you liked Far Cry 3, then you need to get this game. It is like Far Cry 3 X 1000. No you don't get the freedom, and so far (About 30 mins in) I haven't driven any cars, but the Graphics are BEAUTIFUL, Frigging amazing. The controls are tight, the story is Amazing, don't want to 'spoil' anything, but the first time you kill someone, your heart will be pounding, just like Lara Croft's was in the game. I have never seen such amazing storytelling as this before. Nothing else to say, get this game. if you like your action with a pulse that is.
  35. Mar 5, 2013
    grand comeback of Lara Croft!! i love this game please more The new Lara is awesome finally a game that's uncharted equal!!

Thanks to Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix for the amazing experience ever
  36. Mar 11, 2013
    This game has expanded in almost every aspect. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay and the storyline are top notch. It feels good to see one of your favorite game franchises do well.
  37. Mar 5, 2013
    Looks like GOTY just got sown up.. this is art.. this is movie and game become one. This is what we wanted and NEEDED after a lackluster and disappointing start to 2013. I love it. and cannot get enough. Awesome.
  38. Mar 5, 2013
    I am playing on gtx460 with the tressfx on. Graphics setting to ultimate. Frame rate stays around 30-40FPS in 720p. Game looks amazing! played for about 2 hours so far game is smooth, and no freezes, or reboots. The game does plays more like Uncharted then the old Tomb Raiders. Game feels polished. You can see/feel the level of detail the devs put into this game. A great step forwardI am playing on gtx460 with the tressfx on. Graphics setting to ultimate. Frame rate stays around 30-40FPS in 720p. Game looks amazing! played for about 2 hours so far game is smooth, and no freezes, or reboots. The game does plays more like Uncharted then the old Tomb Raiders. Game feels polished. You can see/feel the level of detail the devs put into this game. A great step forward IMO. I haven't played the console versions, but the PC on ultimate is some of the best graphics I've played. Its not all about the graphics though. The controls are also tight and responsive, and the game play up there with the best. I will be restarting the game on hard because the game does feel a little easy on normal. Expand
  39. Mar 5, 2013
    Truly a great game. I haven't played the story yet but the Multiplayer kept me busy for the last 5 hours.
    The MP alone makes this a great package. I played like 1 hour of the story and it reminded me of a better looking uncharted. I am no Tomb Raider veteran, but this game look and fells very polished. Great effects plus good sound and music. After plat this game I might get into the older more open games. I don't mind if this game takes me by the hand and shows me the way, it looks like it going to be one hell of a ride! After the gigantic failure of Aliens I have a little faith again.
    Thanks Square Enix!
  40. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is wonderful its like uncharted meets lost with the good old fashioned tomb raider spirit and exploration and solid platforming, also runs fantastic maxed out on my 4yr oldpc and has some of the best environments in modern gaming.
  41. Mar 6, 2013
    I’ll quickly make the obligatory comparison to the Uncharted series right now. Yes, it does feel a bit like uncharted, but that’s not a bad thing. Uncharted is a great series that has pioneered many adventure standards. Tomb Raider simply barrows the best parts of it, adds it’s own spice, while keeping in mind that Uncharted was inspired from Tomb Raider. It’s funny how things go fullI’ll quickly make the obligatory comparison to the Uncharted series right now. Yes, it does feel a bit like uncharted, but that’s not a bad thing. Uncharted is a great series that has pioneered many adventure standards. Tomb Raider simply barrows the best parts of it, adds it’s own spice, while keeping in mind that Uncharted was inspired from Tomb Raider. It’s funny how things go full circle.

The game controls excellent, even more responsive than the Uncharted series, some thing Crystal Dynamics seem to nail in all their games. The puzzles are good, doesn’t stump you, but keeps you thinking, and the combat very enjoyable and feels well refined. One of my favorite parts of the game, as superficial as it might be, is the graphics. It’s one of the best looking games I own on my PC, and probably one of the best looking games I’ve seen in quite a while. I won’t comment on the story yet, as I haven’t finished the game, but I can say the common complains that the action aspect of the game play mismatches with Lara’s innocents lost story is exaggerated, and most of the complaint’s references are taken out of context. If you play the game, it does it’s best to explain why Lara is all of a sudden master assassin, even if it’s just through a quick statement or two.

Overall the game is very enjoyable, very polished, and just beautiful to view.
  42. Mar 17, 2013
    This is a fantastic reboot, and very few people are acknowledging the real bright spots. They've transformed Lara Croft from a bimbo sex object to a real person you care about. I found myself not wanting to die in the game because I didn't want the character to suffer. When's the last time you felt that in a game? Half-Life 2 with Alyx, if you're like me. The much hated quick timeThis is a fantastic reboot, and very few people are acknowledging the real bright spots. They've transformed Lara Croft from a bimbo sex object to a real person you care about. I found myself not wanting to die in the game because I didn't want the character to suffer. When's the last time you felt that in a game? Half-Life 2 with Alyx, if you're like me. The much hated quick time events are in the first hour of the game. Many of these haters did not play past them! Later on the quick time events become thrilling as they're incorporated into huge cinematic set pieces, and they're very intuitive instead of frustrating. This game has fantastic suspenseful combat. I just finished Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3; neither game produced the frantic feeling Tomb Raider does regularly. This game has perfect controls. When you miss a jump or something it's always your fault not the game screwing you. This game has great exploration. I couldn't wait to see what's around the next corner. The only negatives I have are those early quick time events and the stupid dialog coming from the henchman. They really should've come up with some better lines for those guys. But really it's the transformation of Lara Croft that should be widely praised. Expand
  43. Mar 5, 2013
    This is a really good game, every aspect of the game is very polished. From the graphics to the voice acting. It is as good if not better than the Uncharted games on the PS3 in every way (except multiplayer but who plays uncharted multiplayer anyway)
  44. Mar 6, 2013
    The game is great, I even can not express in words the pleasure I get from this game, I'm the first minutes of the game, I realized that my game. loved the multiplayer.
    I still recommend you to buy and play this game
  45. Mar 5, 2013
    Really nice game. Tressfx looks amazing. It is one of the best episode of tomb raider series imo.The controls are kinda hard on a keyboard but works on a 360 controller. Good job square enix!
  46. Mar 5, 2013
    A+ 100% in Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Voice Acting Fun Factor. Great Atmosphere and detail that will draw you in. A new favorite in my PC game library along with Farcry 3, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2. Works your system, had to drop settings down to "Ultra" from "Ultimate". (According to their built in benchmark) (GTX-580, i7, 12GB RAM)
  47. Mar 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to register an account to give this game 10/10 for the first time. The graphic, sound, environment, story, and every elements in this game are all well done. For the second time, I feel like I am not playing a video game anymore, I am actually watching a top rated Hollywood action movie The first one was Darksiders 2). I like Roth. He is calm, wise, and brave. The last thing he did for Lara was sad but also beautiful. I like Jonah as well. The tombs puzzles are well done and constructed even though the reward is kinda lame). The story is beyond good. I love watching Lara Croft grows from a weak young lady in the beginning to a strong soul Lara Croft just like in the previous series. The game has few disappointments for me: some QTEs don't show hotkeys and the game doesn't have real boss fight. But, it's too minor compared to how beautiful the game is. Lastly, I want to say "Thank you" to Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics for making such a GREAT game. This game is, without a doubt, one of the best game in 2013. Expand
  48. Mar 7, 2013
    Perfect perfect, perfect! Woooow please Tomb Raider 2 in PS4 and XBOX 720! PLEASE! I love you Lara, Congratulations Suare Enix, and Crystal Dynamics.
  49. Sep 16, 2013
    To everyone complaining about the cut scenes, start playing the game and stop complaining.
    This game is an artwork and a masterpiece.
    I have bought and played over 1000 games easily and I can compare to all the ones played before. No other game has this kind of story line and game play. The graphics are stunning and the cut scenes bring depth to the story and makes you feel like you
    This game is an artwork and a masterpiece.
    No other game has this kind of story line and game play. The graphics are stunning and the cut scenes bring depth to the story and makes you feel like you are playing a movie and at the same time make you feel like you are part of the story yourself. (you do not like the cut scenes you can skip them for the whiners here below)

Also I could play many hours without getting frustrated about parts which you had to try over and over again like so many other games which are out there. Well balanced and well polished.

Whilst you play you earn different kind weapons which you can upgrade depending the time you spend finding the necessary pieces.

This is finally a game which uses save points as should, you die you do not have to play another 15 min before getting back at the point where you died.

Yes this is a total different kind of Tombraider (which the developers already mentioned so do not complain about this), almost no puzzles to solve like in the previous Tombraiders, but much more story, action and shooting.
  50. Mar 11, 2013
    If you're not playing this game you're missing out. The game is an epic reboot of the franchise. The cuts scenes are rendered in real time. No quicktime as some of the less inspired reviews complain about. I have a fancy gaming rig with an AMD card. LC's hair is rendered much better than in the trailer. I highly recommend a play through on Ulitmate graphics setting if most of your WEIf you're not playing this game you're missing out. The game is an epic reboot of the franchise. The cuts scenes are rendered in real time. No quicktime as some of the less inspired reviews complain about. I have a fancy gaming rig with an AMD card. LC's hair is rendered much better than in the trailer. I highly recommend a play through on Ulitmate graphics setting if most of your WE scores are 7.9.

The plot of the game makes you want to finish it. The island is like survior. Many of the original Endurance passangers meet gruseome ends throught the gameplay. The combat system and skill tree is very good. Throw sand in an enemies face and take the headshot, The game has very few bugs. I am about halfway through. Only one crash in 10 hours of play.
  51. Mar 5, 2013
    Great storyline game. For all that was expecting a sandbox type game, wrong type of game. The original Tomb Raider was very linear, with environmental puzzles to try and get you to the next step. This prequel is more of the same type of a game, with a little bit of a shooter (dumbed down) mixed in. 2 hours into it, the story is fantastic. I want to know the story and be a part of it,Great storyline game. For all that was expecting a sandbox type game, wrong type of game. The original Tomb Raider was very linear, with environmental puzzles to try and get you to the next step. This prequel is more of the same type of a game, with a little bit of a shooter (dumbed down) mixed in. 2 hours into it, the story is fantastic. I want to know the story and be a part of it, sort-of like an interactive choose-your-own-adventure book, with the QTE's and all, that I actually do enjoy. I see where SqueeNix wanted to try and appeal to the masses by adding a level of dumb-downed gun-play, but to TR story fans, I cannot say how this went wrong? Do not expect CoD, Battlefield or even Grand Theft Auto type gameplay. Expect a great interactive story experience with amazing graphics (I don't see how some users say the graphics are horrendous. The environmental detail and physics engine is pretty stout.) and you will not be let-down. Expand
  52. Mar 10, 2013
    This is a good game that is going to be overshadowed by a few other releases coming later this month. First, the good: Everything associated with this game is done well. From the gameplay to the story to the atmosphere, Crystal Dynamics has made a wonderful game that works very and, especially for a PC port, this game runs very smoothly and the flow it has makes it a great addition toThis is a good game that is going to be overshadowed by a few other releases coming later this month. First, the good: Everything associated with this game is done well. From the gameplay to the story to the atmosphere, Crystal Dynamics has made a wonderful game that works very and, especially for a PC port, this game runs very smoothly and the flow it has makes it a great addition to anyone's collection. The small things are what gets in its way. For a game called 'Tomb Raider', there's very little tombs to raid and, the ones that are in there, feel half assed and added at the very last second. With no other reason to do them beyond getting the achievement, there's really no incentive to doing them. I was hoping there would be some big item to get at the end of the tomb thing but there was not. But this is a little thing that doesn't affect the outcome of the game and that outcome is a very good one. The biggest issue this game will face is from the competition it faces this month. Between GoW: Ascension and Bioshock Infinite and others, this game will get left in the dust by other games that will probably just be more memorable than this one. It's kinda sad that a game with some great potential is going to be forgotten here in less than a month. Any sequels to this are now and forever on my radar. Give this game a chance and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  53. Mar 12, 2013
    This is honestly one of the best games I have played a long time. People say that it is to linear, but I think it had to be to set the perfect mood for every situation you come across.

I did increase the difficulty a notch when I started, I have played a lot of games. I think this helped the game seem more fun. I also see a lot of people say that it was to easy, so I think this might be user error.

I have read people say that it is to short, for me that is not really a bad thing. I get board after about 20 hours of game play, so this one felt just right. They really did hit everything perfectly. A great game you should be playing, and its cheaper than most triple A title games.
  54. Mar 7, 2013
    WOW!!! PC version looks and feels amazing! It also plays EXTREMELY well with very fluid controls and motion. I could not be more pleased with this release. Even the experience points system and weapon unlocks/upgrades are exciting when they happen. I can tell they put a lot of thought into this title. I really, really hope Crystal Dynamics keeps making these games. I had a feeling it wasWOW!!! PC version looks and feels amazing! It also plays EXTREMELY well with very fluid controls and motion. I could not be more pleased with this release. Even the experience points system and weapon unlocks/upgrades are exciting when they happen. I can tell they put a lot of thought into this title. I really, really hope Crystal Dynamics keeps making these games. I had a feeling it was going to be a good game but it turned out to be my favorite game this year. Granted it is only March but there has been a lot of big games out already this year and I have played them ALL. This is better than Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 and a lot of other titles. Haven't had the chance to play Bioshock: Infinite yet since it isn't out but I feel it may be Tomb Raiders only competition in the first quarter of 2013. I cannot comment on the multiplayer. I have not had a chance to play any. I'm not finished with the campaign yet and I don't want to break away from it for something else. I really am having a lot of fun. You will not regret purchasing this game! Dear Crystal Dynamics, Thank you very much for not ruining one of my childhood memories. I was fortunate enough to have played the original when it was days old on my PS1. I feel the series went downhill and I quit playing them but always came back to the first. Here I am, the better part of two decades older, and I am enjoying this game as if I were 15 again. You are the first game company I have written to and believe me, I owe a lot of thank you's to a lot of developers out there over the decades. Anyway, I'm going to get back to Tomb Raider. Lara has never looked so good nor been so tough and determined. If no one from your company reads this, that's cool. I figured I would take the chance. Again, thank you!! Expand
  55. Mar 5, 2013
    I wish give 10 but I dont play enougth, even to see the bad think that others talked about.
    My experience is going great with this game and for those want play old lara croft game, well just play the first and second game.
    This game give Lara Croft a human side never seem before and its fabolus.

Icgoing to finish the game soon then back to talk more about.

Easy goty and best buy 2013
  56. Mar 13, 2013
    Judging Tomb Raider (PC version) on what it is a "you are there embedded in the movie" game it' is outstanding, and I think it deserves to be weighed on those merits. I'm not a big RPG/FPS/puzzle player, yet I found this game compelling enough to play to the very end (~20 hours). Plus, I love sniping with fire arrows. My biggest complaint was a two-part action sequence roughly 1/3rd ofJudging Tomb Raider (PC version) on what it is a "you are there embedded in the movie" game it' is outstanding, and I think it deserves to be weighed on those merits. I'm not a big RPG/FPS/puzzle player, yet I found this game compelling enough to play to the very end (~20 hours). Plus, I love sniping with fire arrows. My biggest complaint was a two-part action sequence roughly 1/3rd of the way into the game, where getting through depending upon making a series of correct move-left/move-right decisions in real time. Took me nearly 90 minutes to get through it, and I was ready to quit. Nothing else was that difficult/irritating. Highly recommended; your mileage may vary. ..fritz.. Expand
  57. Mar 6, 2013
    Ok for everyone reading the other reviews that say 'Its all QTEs', its not true, the first hour has 2-3 QTEs, and since then I have come across maybe 2 more in the next 5 hours or so of the game.... In fact even though I dont like QTEs this probably is the first game in which I do not mind them.

Now moving on to the rest of the gameplay, having played ALL of the previous Tomb Raider games, I love this one, even though I miss some things from the previous games; most of all the huge tombs, exotic locales and intricate puzzles that were iconic of the tomb raider franchise are missing, they are replaced by a large interactive open world that ALMOST makes up for it.

On the other hand the game-play is much more fluent and refined, the cover system is flawless and it never feels as if Lara is getting 'easy' kills. Exploring and finding salvage and artifacts is rewarding since they are not mere numbers (e.g. 12/42 bleh), they all give you insight into the history of the island and of the people involved in the plot. The upgrade and skill system is great and feels rewarding without it becoming a grind. The story (until now) is excellent and builds up a sense of mystery, you WANT to know that is the secret of the place, the voice acting is great and all of laras actions seem very realistic.

All in all this is a great adventure game that stays loyal to the fan base and successfully tells the origin story of one of the most iconic characters in video game history, if this is the direction that Crystal Dynamix are gonna take Tomb Raider, then I am definitely looking forward to the future games in this series! (With a small prayer to have my huge Egyptian tombs back!)
  58. Mar 6, 2013
    Wow. I've been waiting for this game for 2 years and I have to say, Crystal Dynamics has left me very impressed. The graphics are amazing, the game-play is very innovative, even the quick-time events make the player feel like more of a part of the character. Even the main menu blew me away. Overall, this game deserves a 10, no matter who you are or what games you play. If you thinkWow. I've been waiting for this game for 2 years and I have to say, Crystal Dynamics has left me very impressed. The graphics are amazing, the game-play is very innovative, even the quick-time events make the player feel like more of a part of the character. Even the main menu blew me away. Overall, this game deserves a 10, no matter who you are or what games you play. If you think it deserves less than an 8, well, you might want to reevaluate your perspective. Expand
  59. Mar 5, 2013
    Game is just beautiful and brilliantly designed.Everything does its job very well.The only thing i get upset is the optional tombs you raid are so small and the reward is just some xp and some drawings of game.I was expecting some epic puzzles and epic treasures that we can also see.I guess they didn't have much time to complete the whole game.I finished the game with 83% with 10 hours.ItGame is just beautiful and brilliantly designed.Everything does its job very well.The only thing i get upset is the optional tombs you raid are so small and the reward is just some xp and some drawings of game.I was expecting some epic puzzles and epic treasures that we can also see.I guess they didn't have much time to complete the whole game.I finished the game with 83% with 10 hours.It was 83 cause i figured out the game after some playing, there is no tutorial to show how to use the interface, what can you find on your map etc. so i founded that i could actually see some trophies on the map and mark them to find them easier.I wish game was a little more longer, like a Uncharted game but hey, it is the best Tomb Raider i played and bounded emotionally. Expand
  60. Mar 6, 2013
    this game, kind of the most beautiful PC game i have played in life. don't be turned off by the random people who are drowning in hate over some button sequences this game is amazing, its brutal, and its definitely a natural maturation of the Tomb Raider series. No game in recent years actually had me verbalizing my reactions the way this game does. Although i usually tend to hate when itthis game, kind of the most beautiful PC game i have played in life. don't be turned off by the random people who are drowning in hate over some button sequences this game is amazing, its brutal, and its definitely a natural maturation of the Tomb Raider series. No game in recent years actually had me verbalizing my reactions the way this game does. Although i usually tend to hate when it comes to gaming, this one is spot on. Expand
  61. Mar 7, 2013
    Epic game!!! Please next year, new Tomb Raider!!! Never play so 1 good game!!! TOP!!! TOP STORY AND TOP GRAFIK!!! Buy all this game!! Is realy very epic game!!!!
  62. Mar 7, 2013
    Finished the game in a little over 10 perfectly paced hours. While being very linear the stellar story and solid action carried this game through to a very satisfying end. I played on release day with no patches and only encountered 1 minor visual bug which for a brand new game is phenomenal.
  63. Mar 10, 2013
    A perfect PC port. Flawless support for Eyefinity (a first from what I can tell). The game play is fun and intuitive. Dying can be just as entertaining as finishing an objective. I feel like I'm playing a movie but not in a rehash of Dragon's Lair sort of way. The camera controls were also very excellent. If I had to complain about something it would be the lack of ability to go backA perfect PC port. Flawless support for Eyefinity (a first from what I can tell). The game play is fun and intuitive. Dying can be just as entertaining as finishing an objective. I feel like I'm playing a movie but not in a rehash of Dragon's Lair sort of way. The camera controls were also very excellent. If I had to complain about something it would be the lack of ability to go back to previous saves as some of the scenes are just amazing (looking at you radio tower!) Expand
  64. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is intense!!! GOTY 2013! Played this for 6 hours, story and that island are really interesting. Thanks Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix for this.
  65. Mar 12, 2013
    This game is by far my favorite game of the year, crystal dynamics did a very good job with this game, its very cinematic, very emotional, and very intense, this is a must own game (not including the multiplayer of course).
  66. Mar 17, 2013
    It's great to see how Lara grow from a rookie to an export in exploring the mysteries. Some may criticise there's too less exploring and too many combat, but I think it's a good combination of puzzle solving and surviving, a balance between story telling and gaming. Although not perfect, the TressFX effect is really great. From every aspect, this is definitely among the best games I'veIt's great to see how Lara grow from a rookie to an export in exploring the mysteries. Some may criticise there's too less exploring and too many combat, but I think it's a good combination of puzzle solving and surviving, a balance between story telling and gaming. Although not perfect, the TressFX effect is really great. From every aspect, this is definitely among the best games I've ever played. Since there's no 9.5, I'll give it 10. Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is by far the best Tomb Raider in the series. It is very well polished, the graphics are excellent, the story is great so far and the gameplay is really excellent. The game has a few too many quick-time and cut scene sequences for my liking, but they do add to the story and the excitement I guess. Its clear the developers put a lot of effort into the game and I'd say its wellThis game is by far the best Tomb Raider in the series. It is very well polished, the graphics are excellent, the story is great so far and the gameplay is really excellent. The game has a few too many quick-time and cut scene sequences for my liking, but they do add to the story and the excitement I guess. Its clear the developers put a lot of effort into the game and I'd say its well worth buying, even at full price. Expand
  68. Oct 27, 2013
    Easily the best Tomb Raider game. There are a mountain of positives and a mole hill of negatives. I've been a long term fan of this series and one of those people that bought the original of PS1. At the time, that was a benchmark game in every aspect. Fast forward to this, the 2013 edition, I honestly feel this surpases the original in every area. The graphics have to be highlightedEasily the best Tomb Raider game. There are a mountain of positives and a mole hill of negatives. I've been a long term fan of this series and one of those people that bought the original of PS1. At the time, that was a benchmark game in every aspect. Fast forward to this, the 2013 edition, I honestly feel this surpases the original in every area. The graphics have to be highlighted as a point of reference. Seriously, the level of detail is simply stunning and I don't own a better looking game. Set this to Ultra and you'd think you were watching a movie. The soundtrack, gun noises, attention to detail as Lara moves, the story telling, the cast, the dirt on her face, the wind in her hair, etc this list could go on and on. I'm tempted to give this a 10 because it really is that good. As I often say in my reviews, I do not understand other peoples take on games. How can this game (at its absolute worst) be anything less than a 7??? Seriously, those who hate on this game (or games in general) need a mirror. Sadly, the internet is making 'The World' a place for unnecessary venting. My opinion may not be right, but marking Tomb Raider a ZERO is utter BS. Such a shame that there is so much hate in modern day society. Expand
  69. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is easily a masterpiece. They very carefully created every single detail in it. You can see the love the developers handled the genre. The graphics are beautiful, the artworks you unlock are simply gorgeous, the animation is realistic and fluent. The theme is very dark and I guess it was a nice way to go though it maybe just my personal preference. I really can't think ofThis game is easily a masterpiece. They very carefully created every single detail in it. You can see the love the developers handled the genre. The graphics are beautiful, the artworks you unlock are simply gorgeous, the animation is realistic and fluent. The theme is very dark and I guess it was a nice way to go though it maybe just my personal preference. I really can't think of anything negative literally. The gameplay is simple and fun. The story is enjoyable. Some people mentioned the characters are quite one dimensional and I quite agree, but then again the focus characters are well done (the transition of Lara is really well put together imo). I wanted to wait a little until it's price drops a little (because it isn't cheap), but I didn't regret buying it at all. The gaming scene could use more detailed and mature games like this. Expand
  70. Mar 6, 2013
    In this game you just get so involved with the gameplay, Lara, the entire story. Once you get hooked, you can't let go. The game has beautifully amazing cutscenes graphics to add to that. And the multiplayer, I was wondering how they would be able to put this in the game pull it off, now I know I tend to like it quite a bit actually. The only problem I find with multiplayer is notIn this game you just get so involved with the gameplay, Lara, the entire story. Once you get hooked, you can't let go. The game has beautifully amazing cutscenes graphics to add to that. And the multiplayer, I was wondering how they would be able to put this in the game pull it off, now I know I tend to like it quite a bit actually. The only problem I find with multiplayer is not many people play it, either that or I just had a lot of trouble finding games other than team deathmatch the entire time. And another thing to know, I encountered a few bugs that really didn't bother me, but they were there once I got passed them I never didn't tend to think much of them afterwards. Anyways, bottom line is, you're missing out if you don't pick up this game. Expand
  71. Mar 7, 2013
    I had high hopes for the game and Crystal Dynamics didn't let me down. This is a fantastic game, the perfect reboot of the franchise. There is nothing that I would change. OK, maybe there are some minor things, but nothing important.

After playing this game I have the feeling to know and understand Lara. I feel invigorated and cannot wait to see the next adventures of Lara Croft. The

The characters have real depth, the atmosphere is pulling you in and the settings are beautiful.
    Perfect voice acting and bombastic music complete the game.

From a quality perspective this game is one of the best releases in the last year.It is running really stable, I only had one crash and some minor glitches in the user interface. I cannot wait to see more from this Lara.
  72. Mar 14, 2013
    It had been a pleasure playing this game. It was the best reboot for the franchise that I can tell. The game was extremely beautiful in its own way. Literally, I cannot express in mere words how much I enjoyed this game. It was overwhelmingly desirable, wonderful and realistic. The story line was amazing and I was so involved with the character and the story that made me go so deep intoIt had been a pleasure playing this game. It was the best reboot for the franchise that I can tell. The game was extremely beautiful in its own way. Literally, I cannot express in mere words how much I enjoyed this game. It was overwhelmingly desirable, wonderful and realistic. The story line was amazing and I was so involved with the character and the story that made me go so deep into the game every moment that I played. I love it. Simply beautiful! All in all, it has been my favorite game for this year. Expand
  73. Mar 15, 2013
    Perfect gameplay, incredible graphics, TressFX it's wonderful, all ingame animations are really natural and beautiful, the story is intriguing, big involving with many details.
    There are so many things to collect, investigate, unlock, upgrade, find; the hunting is very fun and well made, the sound very real.
    The game is really optimized for the PC, and for the first time it's possible
    The game is really optimized for the PC, and for the first time it's possible change any graphics option in real time without restarting.
  74. Mar 5, 2013
    It is a very good game with likable characters in game like sam or new tomb. I have console version and pc if you have nvidia card mine is 550 ti) you can get high settings and good frame rate when turning of tessellation,high precise, normal for ssao and depth of field. Overal you should buy Tomb raider on both platform
  75. Mar 7, 2013
    what a well made game
    i can't close my mouth
    this is awesome and cool
    squaer enix do it finally
    i really love square enix now
    you should buy it through anyway
    amd or steam
    but this game lose its own game style.
  76. Mar 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the better games of the year with a good storyline,awesome levels,and mid-level graphics. One of its fabulous features is it allows us to fast travel between camps so it makes it a kind of an open world game. I kind of got a deja vu of Far Cry 3 when i had to master the skills one by one and collect relics and other historical items. Overall, it is a brilliant reboot and deserves a play Expand
  77. Mar 7, 2013
    Great Game, amazing looks, with 3d vision is incredible, the best Tomb Raider of the series, the concept is modern, i love this story, thanks Crystal Dynamics.
  78. Mar 7, 2013
    Great game it is nice to see such a great remake for the game. Hope it continues to be during the whole game. The graphics is really good on my laptop.
  79. Mar 10, 2013
    Das BESTE tomb Raider ever! Lerne eine Ganz neue Lara kennen... jung verletzlich aber trotzdem ungemein tough! sammle dir deine Waffen und Skills mühsam zusammen und grase Karten nochmal ab auch wenn du schon längst weiter bist! Das neue Gameplay, und die neue Steuerung ist das allerbeste am ganzen Game!!!! die Story super und der Filmcharakter des Spiels fasziniert bis zum letztenDas BESTE tomb Raider ever! Lerne eine Ganz neue Lara kennen... jung verletzlich aber trotzdem ungemein tough! sammle dir deine Waffen und Skills mühsam zusammen und grase Karten nochmal ab auch wenn du schon längst weiter bist! Das neue Gameplay, und die neue Steuerung ist das allerbeste am ganzen Game!!!! die Story super und der Filmcharakter des Spiels fasziniert bis zum letzten Augenblick!!
    DANKE DANKE DANKE für dieses spiel!!!
  80. Mar 11, 2013
    Really good game. I really liked beginning and the end of the game. Want more Survival and less Action. The idea of ​​a bow support and approve. Let the developers continue. Shall put 10 of 10 because liked crazy. Sorry for very bad English.
  81. Mar 11, 2013
    Simplesmente sensacional esse Tomb Raider. Tudo ficou muito bem feito, os cenários muito bonitos e uma jogabilidade digna dessa franquia! Excelente game!
  82. Mar 15, 2013
    Game of the year? I'll start by saying that this game is one of the best game i've played in a long time. The story makes you become attached to all the character and i love to see the progression of Lara. Also the story has a huge amout of intense moment. Halfway throught the game there was so much action i thought i was near the end, but instead i was 10h away from finishing it. i highlyGame of the year? I'll start by saying that this game is one of the best game i've played in a long time. The story makes you become attached to all the character and i love to see the progression of Lara. Also the story has a huge amout of intense moment. Halfway throught the game there was so much action i thought i was near the end, but instead i was 10h away from finishing it. i highly recomend you to buy it a soon as you can.That reboot they done to the franchise is all for good and i can't wait to buy the next one and i hope it won't be ignored at the end of the year for all the game of the year awards. Expand
  83. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is the perfect reboot for the Tomb Raider franchise. It shows the gritty origin story of Lara Croft, and how she lost innocence and becomes the famous Tomb Raider we all know and love. Exploring an island full of myth and legend, you can find everything from 17th century artifacts to a child's doll. Everything you find tells you a story. Journals left everywhere reveal the innerThis game is the perfect reboot for the Tomb Raider franchise. It shows the gritty origin story of Lara Croft, and how she lost innocence and becomes the famous Tomb Raider we all know and love. Exploring an island full of myth and legend, you can find everything from 17th century artifacts to a child's doll. Everything you find tells you a story. Journals left everywhere reveal the inner monologue of your friends and enemies, showing their fears, desires, as well as their motives. This game is a must buy for all Action-Adventure fans. Expand
  84. Mar 21, 2013
    The best thing about this game is that it's fun! You always feel compelled to go on, every action feels natural and simple but rewarding.
    Art direction is amazing and the environments and characters look gorgeous.
  85. May 24, 2013
    Amazing game! Epic story, good graphics, perfect cinematics.... The only problem is the game is too short, but i belive they start right the new lara croft.
  86. Sep 17, 2013
    Wow! Great Fun! I saw reviews from a few whiners:
    One fellow was mad because the game was too violent to play with his young children. Sure enough, stick to Nintendo if you want to play games with your kids.
    Wow! Great Fun! I saw reviews from a few whiners:
    One fellow whined about cut scenes?!? I found the gameplay to cut scene spectacularly entertaining! It was like I was the main character in a pretty sweet action movie (and you should see my boobs). (if you hate cut scenes, press the space bar and fast forward thru it!)
    I played TR one on the PS in 1994... but fell out of love with TR for the PS 2 (Lara took like 15 minutes to climb a ladder- even boobs couldn't convince me that it wasn't wasting my time)

Good to see the TR team back on track!!! I may have to start buying older incarnations to see what I've been missing!
  87. Mar 9, 2013
    The graphics are un-god-damn-believable. It's fully decked out for PC and then ported to console, not the other way around. Every frame of this game is a work of art. It's an adventure and not a blood fest. Open world. Love it.
  88. Mar 15, 2013
    Welcome back Tomb Raider, it looks amazing and the story is really good. Ever expanding no doubt with DLC but will be worth it. They have put a lot of effort into the game and it shows, a very fun and expansive story.
  89. Mar 8, 2013
    Wow... just wow. This game was awesome in almost every aspect. I really enjoyed it to the last minute. The only thing that I would give a an 8.5/10 is the combat. There is just something about it. I played it on hardcore mode and it was not as challenging as i thought it would be. Also the weapons did not feel like were improved that much until the later parts of the game. The bow upgradesWow... just wow. This game was awesome in almost every aspect. I really enjoyed it to the last minute. The only thing that I would give a an 8.5/10 is the combat. There is just something about it. I played it on hardcore mode and it was not as challenging as i thought it would be. Also the weapons did not feel like were improved that much until the later parts of the game. The bow upgrades are absolutely sicknasty! Expand
  90. Mar 11, 2013
    This game does everything right. EVERYTHING. Great story, gameplay, graphics, music, puzzles, level design, controls, content. And no bugs. When is the last time a game came out and the prepatched game was not riddled with bugs? People seem to nitpick the crap out of this game, and I cannot understand why. Be sure to look at a reviewer's history before taking too much stock in whatThis game does everything right. EVERYTHING. Great story, gameplay, graphics, music, puzzles, level design, controls, content. And no bugs. When is the last time a game came out and the prepatched game was not riddled with bugs? People seem to nitpick the crap out of this game, and I cannot understand why. Be sure to look at a reviewer's history before taking too much stock in what they say. 10/10. Expand
  91. Sep 13, 2013
    This game evolved Lara Croft in a way I never imagined. gone are the big boobs and ass but in its place Is something much more mature and intriguing. In a world where developers are dumbing down games for the average casual gamer, crystal dynamics have gone above and beyond and its really paid off...big time! congratulations on a truly epic game!
  92. Mar 10, 2013
    An intense, interesting and great experience!
    I am not that fan of the "old" Tomb Raider titles. But this one is a really great story with intense visuals and awesme gameplay mechanics which are not gettong boring during the whole game. Even getting 100% wih all the collectibles is challenging and well done!
    Go buy it!
  93. Mar 7, 2013
    Simply put, the best adventure game in 10+ years. It's breathtaking on the PC. Beautiful, emotional, tense and filled with some of the best set pieces ever put into a game. In all seriousness, any of these reviewers that complain about the QTE's haven't gotten past the first 2 hours of the game. They can blah, blah, blah all they want, however, they have absolutely no idea of what theirSimply put, the best adventure game in 10+ years. It's breathtaking on the PC. Beautiful, emotional, tense and filled with some of the best set pieces ever put into a game. In all seriousness, any of these reviewers that complain about the QTE's haven't gotten past the first 2 hours of the game. They can blah, blah, blah all they want, however, they have absolutely no idea of what their talking about because THEY HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME. If you're going to review it, FINISH IT. Anyway, just to put this out there, Daverid or whatever his name is, is a complete and utter moron on his review. Point blank. This is THE game to get for this generation. After completing the game, I've clocked in over 20 hours. Fantastic and utterly sensational. Love it. Kudos to Crystal D for this game. Expand
  94. Mar 28, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, and on the plus side of things you have: The graphics, the aesthetics, the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere and the fact that the puzzle tombs are an option and not a requirement (though some puzzling and platforming is required for the story, ofcourse). Negatives: The amount of stuff you 'have' to pick up is insane and most of it makes no sense. Relics,I really enjoyed this game, and on the plus side of things you have: The graphics, the aesthetics, the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere and the fact that the puzzle tombs are an option and not a requirement (though some puzzling and platforming is required for the story, ofcourse). Negatives: The amount of stuff you 'have' to pick up is insane and most of it makes no sense. Relics, mushrooms, gps cache's etc. All of this is just dumb, the only things actually worth picking up is the documents, because they add to the story and character development, other than that you just get an xp bonus.

I would have liked to have the survival aspect of the game more thoroughly pronounced, I like that you have to salvage stuff to create your/upgrade your makeshift weapons, but they should have gone a bit further on that note if you ask me. Hopefully they will do that in the next game.
    I would have loved to see less QTE's aswell, or at least make them more apparent as to what you are supposed to do during the QTE, there was one where all it said was hit the button (not which one) when the circle blinks, and I have a keyboard, so there are lots of buttons to press. Anyway that would go down as a bug and something you can accept, since you will forget it later on.
    Also, stop with the achievement announcements and "model unlocked" stuff that happens almost constantly, it takes away from being completely gripped by the game. I would have been completely swallowed by it had these things not happened.
    A last negative is that the nVidia drivers for the game were horrible, which was both part crystal dynamics and nvidias fault, even if the game is "made for AMD" it makes no sense to have it so horribly optimized as it was for nvidia cards at launch. Crash to desktop, insane fps drops, weird gpu usage etc. This has all been fixed, but still, it should not have happened in the first place.

My verdict is a 9/10, the issues I have listed are, for me, enough to drag it down a point, but no further... This is a masterpiece, and 2013 has shown to be a great year, so far, for gaming, if you ask me.
  95. Apr 22, 2013
    One of the better story driven games I have played. I went into it not expecting much, but was instantly glued to my PC and couldn't stop until it was finished. Amazing graphics sound and story. Disappointed with Lara's development though, before you know it she will be mowing down waves of enemies, which doesn't fit her character at all. Definitely one of the best games so far thisOne of the better story driven games I have played. I went into it not expecting much, but was instantly glued to my PC and couldn't stop until it was finished. Amazing graphics sound and story. Disappointed with Lara's development though, before you know it she will be mowing down waves of enemies, which doesn't fit her character at all. Definitely one of the best games so far this year, recommend it highly, even over Bioshock. Expand
  96. Mar 22, 2013
    Great game if you like the original series on the console, this one just makes the franchise better. The new Lara Croft is awesome she's more like a real person and less like a cartoon. The voice acting and the graphics are very well done. The story is immersive and compelling. So many titles for the Xbox are just rehashing the same old stuff, but that's not the case with Tomb Raider.
  97. Mar 19, 2013
    9 10 AMAZING, easily the best Tomb Raider game to date, it's an incredible mix of open-world exploration and intense action sequences. Excellent presentation, good (while unoriginal) story, and an amazing singleplayer campaign.

PRESENTATION: All of the visuals are amazing, whether it be the depth of field, particle effects, animations, or the textures. Just make sure to optimize it to whatever your computer's strength may be. The sounds are great too; voice acting is great (especially from Lara's character), music is phenomenal, and the effects are all great. Camera angles have always been a major problem with the Tomb Raider series, but this one fixed that up and it's "fine" now. However, why are the liquid drops on the camera? That makes no sense, and just gets annoying. If this were first-person, it'd make sense, but now?

STORY: It love the story, it has a very Indiana Jones style feeling. The game has a great mix of intense, gritty, and brutal moments with moments that just feel like pure light-hearted adventure. A feeling I haven't had since I played Twilight Princess back when I first got a Wii. I like the characters, only a few have a critical impact on the story, but I actually ended up being able to distinguish them all, and liked them all for their individual quirks. (except for Wittman, that pansy)

GAMEPLAY: Platforming, combat, RPG-like system, and the huge world off of the given path are so perfect, it's a little breath-taking. The cover mechanic is actually amazing, which is surprising considering how clunky other games have used it. There's some decent stealth, but the assaulting moments are the beef of the gameplay. HOWEVER, the multiplayer is so downright awful, I couldn't believe it, I don't even suggest touching it. I forced myself through a few matches just so that I could bring you this lack of information, it's terrible. But the rest is great! I'm done here, thanks for reading!
  98. Mar 13, 2013
    Great game. With the exception of the quick time events this game has everything I want out of a Tomb Raider game. Although it's linear there is plenty to explore, and you never really get that feeling that you're being shoved down a corridor.

The puzzles are brilliant, on par with what you'd expect from Valve or a Half-Life game. They're not outlandish either, nor are they overly simple puzzles a 5 year old could do. They make you sit there and think.

The game has a high level of polish when it comes to environments and just about everything. Tomb Raider again shows other developers where the goddamn bar should be when it comes to this. I never once found a shoddy blurry ass texture, or a bad model. The character models are well done, shapely and are well proportioned for the most part. I can't praise this enough, it does not feel like it was rushed out the door at all like so many games do. The artists took their time and it payed off hugely in my opinion.

All character models are done to a high level of quality, even ones that are only in the game for a handful of scenes like the pilot. Half assed wankers like Gearbox would make the pilot a low poly, low res textured series of boxes. They go full out here modelling the uniform, helmet, everything it's incredible really. Including the planes.

The animation is above anything else I have seen in a long time. The animation in this game is on a par with Avatar or a Pixar movie in terms of being fluid. Everything is smooth and clean. There are no wooden characters like Fallout 3, or moments when you think 'oh right I'm playing a videogame'.

This game is what you put down 50 beans for, it is where the bar should be for video games.

This game makes Far Cry 3 look like a joke in my opinion. It does just about everything better and adds characters that you give a about. It's just not an FPS

The lack of any poor textures/****ty meshes is just such a refreshing change.

The game would be close to perfection if it wasn't for the quick time events.

Industry more of this please. I'll be honest I usually end up hating most games put out these days but this one really brought me back to when gaming was more than just running down a corridor in Call of Duty, or playing some generic shooter RPG with hurr durr memes like Borderlands 2.

The survivor element to the story was done perfectly, it didn't hold off on the broken bones, and harsh survival aspect of it which is perfect. Lara is convincingly terrified along with her friends and again the level of polish makes the difference in pulling you into the game.

If you're thinking of buying this, do so. It's a good length and I promise you will enjoy some aspect of it unless you're the typical CoD shooter fan who can't follow basic instruction. In which case you probably stopped reading this due to your ADD about a few hundred words back.

The industry needs more games like this where developers don't half ass it. There's a high level of polish and dedication to giving the gamer a full bodied experience that isn't broken half way through by lego-like meshes, textures that are 50 x 50 in terms of resolution, or hammy as dialogue.

Talent worked on this game and it's clear to see that.

If you're the type of gamer that pours over details or likes to stop and smell the roses, you'll like this. If you're not into that, stop playing video games. Just stop trying in general because you're not interested in experiencing anything beyond what you already know.

This game has honestly reminded me where video games should be but aren't. There's originality in this, there's something in there for people who want some nostalgia, shooting, exploration, an xp system, and one doesn't compromise the other.

Tomb Raider makes RE6, Ass Creed, and nigh on hundreds of others look like the dog**** they are.

The story isn't perfect I'll concede that, but by today's standards it's on par with Dickens nearly.

More.. please..

1. Jun 10, 2013
    The new incarnation of the iconic Lara Craft might very well be one of the best games out there right now. [April 2013]
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    Everything you could want from an archeological adventure, except having to press six keys to mantle. [Apr 2013, p.80]
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    While not every promising idea Tomb Raider has is pulled off successfully, it nevertheless turns in a tense and memorable ride that combines modern game design with its forebears’ adventurous spirit in some exciting ways. Some of its missteps may well come at the cost of your enjoyment, but most can’t hope to hurt the adventure in the long run. Although it never fully finds its identity, this is a game and a story worth seeing through.