8.5

1. Mar 5, 2013
    The game is great! Stunning action, ok plot, ok jumping and climbing, nice graphics, love the bow and shotgun and many other stuff. Love to see Lara getting hurt dirt The only bad thing- console-o-mashing buttons on the PC- this is totally not ok with me+the game is way too short for my taste (12 hours)- hence 8 of 10.
  2. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is able to display hair very beautifully with a beautiful women/model. It almost looks like each strand of Lara Croft's hair is moving with the rules of physics. If your down with killing hundreds of men with a compound bow and climbing mountains with your climbing axe, well then this game is for you!
    The story is awesome too pretty good length of single player action.
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    Looks like GOTY just got sown up.. this is art.. this is movie and game become one. This is what we wanted and NEEDED after a lackluster and disappointing start to 2013. I love it. and cannot get enough. Awesome.
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    Truly a great game. I haven't played the story yet but the Multiplayer kept me busy for the last 5 hours.
    The MP alone makes this a great package. I played like 1 hour of the story and it reminded me of a better looking uncharted. I am no Tomb Raider veteran, but this game look and fells very polished. Great effects plus good sound and music. After plat this game I might get into the older more open games. I don't mind if this game takes me by the hand and shows me the way, it looks like it going to be one hell of a ride! After the gigantic failure of Aliens I have a little faith again.
    Thanks Square Enix!
  5. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is easily a masterpiece. They very carefully created every single detail in it. You can see the love the developers handled the genre. The graphics are beautiful, the artworks you unlock are simply gorgeous, the animation is realistic and fluent. The theme is very dark and I guess it was a nice way to go though it maybe just my personal preference. I really can't think ofThis game is easily a masterpiece. They very carefully created every single detail in it. You can see the love the developers handled the genre. The graphics are beautiful, the artworks you unlock are simply gorgeous, the animation is realistic and fluent. The theme is very dark and I guess it was a nice way to go though it maybe just my personal preference. I really can't think of anything negative literally. The gameplay is simple and fun. The story is enjoyable. Some people mentioned the characters are quite one dimensional and I quite agree, but then again the focus characters are well done (the transition of Lara is really well put together imo). I wanted to wait a little until it's price drops a little (because it isn't cheap), but I didn't regret buying it at all. The gaming scene could use more detailed and mature games like this. Expand
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    what a well made game
    i can't close my mouth
    this is awesome and cool
    squaer enix do it finally
    i really love square enix now
    you should buy it through anyway
    amd or steam
    but this game lose its own game style.
  7. Nov 4, 2013
    Fall in love with TombRaider...

Usually do not succeed remakes...not the case for Tombraider who is probably one of the best games ever created.And for that all respect Square Enix&Crystal Dynamics,really. I remember the first game Tombraider played...back in time, in year 2000...for that time i was fascinating about the game and i group every year playing TR.I can say i fall in love
    Fall in love with TombRaider...

I remember the first game Tombraider played...back in time, in year 2000...for that time i was fascinating about the game and i group every year playing TR.I can say i fall in love with Lara.I remember first steps, was in the evening of 31 december when i play first time Tombraider...about 2 hours alone and another 4 with a best friend.And so i spent the new year then...don't care about the party, just found it a game call it Tombraider.

Tombraider 2013...what a change, but still, sometimes, i play old tombraider series, for my guilty pleasure.I
    I'm not a fan of new games and throw away old series...no way! Contrary, some new games like RE(another child-start game) are not my style...and maybe for this i think TR is the best remake of a game ever.Undoubtedly.

This game explain HOW LARA BECOME A TOMB RAIDER! And is very great accomplished.From beginning was only a explorer, a simple and naive-scary girl but when circumstances demanded, became an adventurer and...with apologies, a killer-girl of criminals.But only because it was forced...

The new TR is just what a game need to be.Amazing graphics,sound,story,puzzles and challenges.The words are little and poor in this case, you need to see, to play TR to feel.This is not a technical review well, dx11 look amazing this is a heart-touching review of TR.
    And about a compared with...another ordinary game, NO! Would be a blasphemy...remember TR was the first game with this gameplay and all the games who next about TR was inspired by the game TR.

In the final...play new TR...feel all whole evolution-storygame of Lara in a evolution game changed from a good and great game into a ambitious, provocative and sensational game...
    Welcome back Lara Croft!
    Old and new generations of gamers need it!

Graphics: 10+++
    Sound: 10+++
    Voices: 10+++
    Gameplay: 10+++
    Story: 10+++
  8. Apr 6, 2013
    Awesome game and plots. Real challenges. Love the gameplay and graphics and found that I soon got very immersed in the game and really felt I was being hunted. My Game of the year. Beats Bioshock Infinite hands down and is the quality of Far Cry 3. This is a game worth the money whatever you pay for it.
  9. oso
    Mar 24, 2013
    Excellent game, had about 13 hours of gameplay to finish it. What i especially like is the gamedesign. It looks way more mature compared to previous TR titles. It is also a perfect example of how to do a console portation the right way. Graphics are really good, gameplay perfectly adopted to mouse&keyboard and i have encountered absolutely no bugs at all.
    What i would like to see in near
    What i would like to see in near future is some free downloadable content. Atm there is just nothing to do after finishing the game. Didnt try the multiplayer so far.
  10. Xon
    May 18, 2013
    The makers of this game tried to pack everything they possibly could into this game. It has more than decent graphics, excellent voice work, splendid animation, and an above par story.

Yes, at times it feels like an interactive movie but for me it didn't detract from the experience, but made a more than positive contribution. There were moments I was struck by the same sense of

There were moments I was struck by the same sense of wonder and exhilaration I'd felt back when I played the original Tomb Raider.

All in all a top notch game.
  11. Apr 8, 2013
    After quite a number of lacklustre entries in the series, none of which really got the controls down correctly, this one, for me, just nails it completely, with excellent controls, fluid movement, a strong sense of danger, awesome set pieces and a generally coherent story that stays focused throughout the entire experience, staying (mostly) true to it's new tone, with a mild case ofAfter quite a number of lacklustre entries in the series, none of which really got the controls down correctly, this one, for me, just nails it completely, with excellent controls, fluid movement, a strong sense of danger, awesome set pieces and a generally coherent story that stays focused throughout the entire experience, staying (mostly) true to it's new tone, with a mild case of Terminatoritis setting in later on, but the game never letting the mythology bog down the proceedings, while also not being paper-thin and directionless either. Level design is strong, and interactions with the levels are generally glitch free, falls to your death will be at your own making, rather than Fudgey Fingers Syndrome. The downside, some of the companions are a bit underwritten, they could have maybe used some additional development, one obvious "turncoat" in the bunch, but nothing that really distracts. It's like getting a birthday cake and somebody accidentally bent one of the candles slightly out of place. Unfortunate, but the cake still tastes great.

The multiplayer is weak sauce though, standard deathmatch fare, but not necessary either. In the aforementioned cake analogy, this cake came with a complimentary sachet of ketchup. Inappropriate, but easily discarded. There are other, much more robust, multiplayer experiences out there, that it's half-hearted inclusion here I suspect boils down to either a poor marketing decision to tick a bullet point, or round 1 of multiplayer practice for the technical team for something more ambitious to come later. With the DLC bizarrely choosing to focus on the multiplayer only, I suspect the latter to be closer to the truth. Co-op multiplayer on the other hand, was a sorely missed opportunity here, the game practically begging for it, with two distinct characters. In the absence of the other player, then either AI controlled and/or player hot-swappable between characters. See: Mass Effect, Portal 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, any Lego game. Maybe in version 2.0.

Technically, it's a very strong package. Beautiful vistas, great camera direction, massive draw distance, great effects mostly, reasonable AI. Couple of dodgy fire animations here n there when Lara is literally up to her neck in it, but an otherwise stellar effort visually. The only really negative technical point was that on first playthrough, the game was really unstable, crashing regularly, but a quick Google on this issue, and subsequent disabling of the Tesselation feature in the graphics options sorted that. Clearly a misstep in the QA process there, between Square, Crystal Dynamics and NVidia.
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    Tomb Raider had great graphics. I loved the game how they made an innocent Lara Croft into a survivor. I really got into this game. I do hate action cut scenes, but other than that it really was a good game. I think they did a wonderful job.
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    What impressed me most was the story, so well written. Seeing Lara grow from a scared and fragile little girl into an angry, ruthless hunter-killer is amazing. Also the way she recovers from every beating, every fall, every shot and broken bone.
    ---
    I was amazed by the graphics. I really thought that graphics this gorgeous would require more processing power, yet the game is surprisingly light.
    ---
    The only reason I'm not giving this one a ten is because of the irritating amount of scenes where you have partial control of the character, and have to push Lara foward Jurassic Park style. Such parts should be cutscenes, not playable scenes. That was a slight insult to the player's intelligence and do more to annoy than to advance the story.
  14. Jul 28, 2013
    I've played many tomb raider games over the years. I've enjoyed the puzzles, and play. I didn't know what to really expect for play other than what I saw from the videos of this Tomb Raider. As I got into playing it, it's THE best tomb raider game to date. Great animations, great camera, music, voice acting and story. They kept in the puzzle solving, moving it nicely into today'sI've played many tomb raider games over the years. I've enjoyed the puzzles, and play. I didn't know what to really expect for play other than what I saw from the videos of this Tomb Raider. As I got into playing it, it's THE best tomb raider game to date. Great animations, great camera, music, voice acting and story. They kept in the puzzle solving, moving it nicely into today's environments and play. I STRONGLY suggest if you haven't played this game, do. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2014
    I ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara startsI ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara starts verbally taunting enemies and is fully confident in her abilities. Unfortunately, she's the only real character in this game- the rest are cookie-cutter stereotypes pulled from any other genre. Is this game just a ripoff of Uncharted? Maybe- the only thing that sets it apart is the upgrading system of weapons, where your weapons can pick up new and interesting powers along the course of the game. You can level up lara herself, but this is much less interesting- you end up getting lots of powers you could care less about and don't really use that often. Luckily, the gun upgrades are a bit more meaningful. I found the gunplay in this game to be highly satisfying, if only because I enjoyed challenging myself by using the bow much more than I used any other weapon. Finally, the ending to this game is honestly the greatest moment in gaming I've experienced this year. It was worth all the hours I put into beating the single player (only 11 hours) in order to reach the one climactic moment. I recommend this game to just about anyone interested in a mature journey (last note: there were quite a few F-bombs in this game, so be aware if you're sensitive to things like that). Expand
  16. Mar 22, 2013
    This is the best game out in 2013 so far, graphics, story, combat, sound everything is AAA quality and the new TressFx was just lovely and i didn't have any performance issues(on ultra settings-on a amd build pc). I went all out woke up in the morning and i just couldn't leave until the game finished.
  17. Aug 3, 2013
    The last time I played Tomb Raider, it was years ago back in elementary when I had my first playstation. At that time, I was still new to the franchise and didn't really care much about the storyline and whatsoever and from the movies, I got my impression that Lara Croft (before exploring) was already an accomplished fighter who is prepared for any danger and that exploring any new tombsThe last time I played Tomb Raider, it was years ago back in elementary when I had my first playstation. At that time, I was still new to the franchise and didn't really care much about the storyline and whatsoever and from the movies, I got my impression that Lara Croft (before exploring) was already an accomplished fighter who is prepared for any danger and that exploring any new tombs are just part of the daily task. But not with this new reboot. It gained my attention as it brought along a new fresh story. Started out with Lara from being just an ordinary girl having to fight her way to become a warrior in order to survive. Not to mention the graphics of the game had already caught my attention in the first place and I was excited when I learned that Square Enix was involved. I know for one thing Square Enix never failed me on graphics aspect and turns out, the games was a masterpiece. I expect a sequel to follow on. Expand
  18. May 16, 2013
    Giving this a 10 because it's the only game out there that focuses on a strong supportive friendship/relationship between two women and we need more of that in the gaming industry.

And that's just ignoring the flawless 3rd person cover and platforming systems. I do have one complaint as an old Tomb Raider fan I found the "puzzles" in this game far too easy. but I'm willing to ignore

And that's just ignoring the flawless 3rd person cover and platforming systems.

I do have one complaint as an old Tomb Raider fan I found the "puzzles" in this game far too easy. but I'm willing to ignore it to be part of this amazing story of Lara's that is unlike anything else out in the gaming medium today.
  19. Apr 7, 2013
    Excellent game, non stop action from start to finish and very finely tuned, highly recommended. It follows in the same vein as Uncharted, but with the ability to revisit previous areas to find all the collectibles sort of like Metroid or the Batman: Arkham games.
  20. Mar 28, 2013
    In the times Tomb Raider series started I was glad to jump around climb and solve puzzles with Lara Croft. After many years the video games developed to be much more that that. To tell the truth the first Tomb Raider was very good. After that the whole series was not too good at all until Tomb Raider: Legend. Than came my favourite Anniversary. I just mention Underworld, but not so goodIn the times Tomb Raider series started I was glad to jump around climb and solve puzzles with Lara Croft. After many years the video games developed to be much more that that. To tell the truth the first Tomb Raider was very good. After that the whole series was not too good at all until Tomb Raider: Legend. Than came my favourite Anniversary. I just mention Underworld, but not so good too.
    The this new Tomb Raider with a completely new Lara Croft character is amazing.
    Lara has personality now. She is not just an attractive but blue blooded and cold supermodel than before. People complained here in the their critics that this game more like a cinema than a game. Partially I agree with them. But this impact disappeared for me as I played the game after 1-2 hours. But this interactive cinema thing gets you much closer to the character of Lara and as you found the diaries of the crew you can find out their stories and feelings too. (There is no courage without fear.)
    This game has a strong emotional impact. It grabs you in the story if you let it. The new voice actress of Lara (she makes the movements too) did a very great job. I really was worried about her. I always looked twice my steps to "help her". The atmosphere and the graphics (with the partially fixed bugs and glitches) of the game is excellent too.
    (I am writing this during my second play-trough, and I think there will be more too, so it is not just a first impact.) I highly recommend this game, but first forget the previous Lara Crofts and Tomb Raiders.
    I "only" gave a 9/10 score because I also tried the multiplayer part. That one is not that good. It is playable, but you have to die way too much to improve your character. A cooperative like multiplayer game would be much better. (Just like in Mass Effect 3 or in Left for dead.)
  21. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is so BLOODY GOOD
    SERIOUSLY GO BUY IT NOW YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST
  22. May 19, 2013
    Laura Croft is beautiful as well as the games graphics. Been a fan since the first on ps1. once again 89 nubs are mad cause their pc's cant handle the game.
  23. Jul 20, 2013
    It isn't perfect, but it hits all the right buttons, reboots the series well and kept me hooked all the way through. A lot of the aspects of the uncharted series that I found tedious, I felt that Tomb Raider dealt with well. At no point did I find exploring or searching for that "piece of treasure" a grind, which is my usual problem with these games; it was dealt with very well. The storyIt isn't perfect, but it hits all the right buttons, reboots the series well and kept me hooked all the way through. A lot of the aspects of the uncharted series that I found tedious, I felt that Tomb Raider dealt with well. At no point did I find exploring or searching for that "piece of treasure" a grind, which is my usual problem with these games; it was dealt with very well. The story was solid, and the cinematics and visuals were wonderful. Take a chance on the game, particularly if you can get it on sale through steam and you'll likely find yourself happily surprised. Expand
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    This is the kind of game that I would recommend to all game lovers. I love this game so much! It's well planned. Its full-filling content will leave all players an unforgettable memory. To me this game is unlike many other games; this game is full of surprise and contents for players to discover. Some people may dislike its cut scenes, but i think it's what makes a game awesome. A goodThis is the kind of game that I would recommend to all game lovers. I love this game so much! It's well planned. Its full-filling content will leave all players an unforgettable memory. To me this game is unlike many other games; this game is full of surprise and contents for players to discover. Some people may dislike its cut scenes, but i think it's what makes a game awesome. A good story line is what makes a game distinguishable from millions of games release each year. Expand
  25. Jan 8, 2014
    This game takes inspirations from uncharted series and has some of the most breathtaking scenes seen in games.Combat and controls are easy and quick time events don't feel forced.Soundtrack and voice acting is just amazing and while others characters don't feel well made,it is Lara croft that shines like a star.Exploring is more physics based than with riddles and while there are a few youThis game takes inspirations from uncharted series and has some of the most breathtaking scenes seen in games.Combat and controls are easy and quick time events don't feel forced.Soundtrack and voice acting is just amazing and while others characters don't feel well made,it is Lara croft that shines like a star.Exploring is more physics based than with riddles and while there are a few you really wished there were a few more.The only bad thing about the game was the unnecessary multiplayer put into the game. Expand
  26. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is stunning. During playing through this game I had almost a constant adrenaline kick from falling, sliding down, jumping etc. You have to think quick to grab on to that cliff to avoid falling etc.. so in addition to some very nice fighting scenes (favorite weapon bow) you get some scenes where you have to think how to move on.. small puzzles like how to break a wall or get outThis game is stunning. During playing through this game I had almost a constant adrenaline kick from falling, sliding down, jumping etc. You have to think quick to grab on to that cliff to avoid falling etc.. so in addition to some very nice fighting scenes (favorite weapon bow) you get some scenes where you have to think how to move on.. small puzzles like how to break a wall or get out of a seemingly locked room.. the graphics and sound are very nice and there are some very nice cut scenes too.. Lara is also neet Try it out.. its a nice experience Expand
  27. Oct 5, 2013
    There where frusting elements in this game such as the quick time events, the boss fights where disapointing, the "tombs" simplistic and short, but a fantastic reboot for one of my favourite gaming characters.

Crystal Dynamics did a great job on fleshing out Lara as a believable character, the majority of the game mechanics where well designed and fun, the environments looked stunning and worked very well in creating the daunting atmosphere and I loved the sound design and music.

Thanks CD for not stuffing it up and I hope they take on board the many criticisms from the fans without going too far in the opposite direction and lose what made this game so very very good.

Looking forward to the next Lara game.
  28. Dec 16, 2013
    Perfect. Crystal Dynamics, and all involved. Thank you for providing one of the best games ever made. This is the best game made in the last 10 years. Its just plain fun and exciting. Story, Characters, Graphics, and Gameplay OMG the gameplay!! I have never played a game so easy to control so fun beautiful, entertaining. I'd also like to mention.. for the PC gamers, I'm not sure how theyPerfect. Crystal Dynamics, and all involved. Thank you for providing one of the best games ever made. This is the best game made in the last 10 years. Its just plain fun and exciting. Story, Characters, Graphics, and Gameplay OMG the gameplay!! I have never played a game so easy to control so fun beautiful, entertaining. I'd also like to mention.. for the PC gamers, I'm not sure how they did it but the game is not overly demanding on system resources. This programing team really has their stuff together. Again.. Thank you. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2013
    I think it still remains the best part of Tomb Raider. The game Tomb Raider are emotions, stories, suspense, heroism and cruel. There is one most successful restart for Tomb Raider.
  30. May 22, 2015
    Tomb Raider reborn, enjoying and exciting game, full of details and nice graphics, I finish it two times,
    If you like tomb raider games you have to get this,
  31. Jun 14, 2014
    Após uma série de jogos com gráficos digamos que atrasados, tomb raider 2013 surpreende pelos gráficos e pela história bem trabalhados, tomb raider surpreende neste jogo.
  32. Mar 23, 2014
    Good Game,This is one of those games where you get so involved with the character and with the visuals surrounding it. The story line is amazing the sound effect are awesome. The multiplayer is even not that bad I actually enjoyed playing a litle bit of it. I think this is one of my favorite so far this year.
  33. Oct 10, 2014
    I picked this up on sale and to be honest it's absolutely brilliant. I had TR:Underworld and hated it, but this is a completely different animal. It looks incredible, the gameplay is smooth and nowhere near as annoying as old TR games and the story was great. I loved Tomb Raider from start to finish.
  34. Apr 8, 2013
    It is rare that a game will come up and take my breath away and even more rare that it will hold it for so long. Tomb Raider is one of those rare games that accomplishes both. I'd like to start off by saying I'm no fan of the Tomb Raider series. I was always ambivalent to the series. I have never played one all the way through and never found any of them all that compelling that isIt is rare that a game will come up and take my breath away and even more rare that it will hold it for so long. Tomb Raider is one of those rare games that accomplishes both. I'd like to start off by saying I'm no fan of the Tomb Raider series. I was always ambivalent to the series. I have never played one all the way through and never found any of them all that compelling that is until now.

It is rare that I come across a game with such a well-written story and such rich character development. Square Enix really outdid themselves this time. I have always been a huge fan of video games in general, but always wished they would focus more on good writing and character development something sorely lacking in a vast majority of games today. This game really came through in this department, and I feel I really understand the character of Lara Croft so much better now. It has drawn me into the mythos that I was so disinterested in before. I certainly cannot wait for future titles, and hope this game ends up where it belongs holding a place in history as one of the better examples of great story, writing, and character development in video games and perhaps even sparks a renaissance of good writing that this industry so badly needs.

As far as gameplay, graphics, sound, and all the other aspects of what makes a game good or great Tomb Raider really hits the mark on each of these. The exceptional combination of each of these aspects of the game only help to support the real thrill here and that's being along for the ride of this great adventure with Lara and her crew. It really feels like I'm playing a movie but almost never do I feel like I'm doing so on rails. I feel in constant control, and always in a manner where my decisions decide the fate of Lara and her crew members. This is what a game should be. Highly Recommended!
  35. Jan 1, 2014
    Let me start by saying that even back at the 90's i was saying that the Tomb Raider series is just some hyped rubbish.
    On the other hand Legacy of Kain series IMO is the best game series ever made (by billion miles away from anything else).
    This Tomb Raider though has nothing to do with the old rubbish series, this is a proper Crystal Dynamics Game. (even though that some members from the LoK Series arent in CD now)

Honestly Tomb Raider is better in everything than all 3 uncharted games combined.
  36. Mar 26, 2013
    I have never been this pleasantly surprised by a video game before. Unfortunately, this is my first Tomb Raider game, so these aren’t the thoughts of a diehard fan. Therefore, I can’t tell you whether the franchise took a step in the right direction or not. I was personally anticipating Tomb Raider to be a mediocre copy of an Uncharted game, and I don’t think that my inaccuracy has everI have never been this pleasantly surprised by a video game before. Unfortunately, this is my first Tomb Raider game, so these aren’t the thoughts of a diehard fan. Therefore, I can’t tell you whether the franchise took a step in the right direction or not. I was personally anticipating Tomb Raider to be a mediocre copy of an Uncharted game, and I don’t think that my inaccuracy has ever brought me this much happiness. In fact, comparing this with Uncharted is rather silly, because the similarities between the two games end rather quickly. Tomb Raider is its own game with its own unique features. The gameplay is everything I could’ve asked for, and more. You gain XP and purchase skills that are divided into three different branches, or “skill trees”. There are many different ways to gather resources, which allow you to upgrade the 4 weapons Lara finds throughout her journey, each of which have unique advantages in combat. In addition, challenges and collectables are introduced with rewarding incentives, which will encourage you to dive into these fun optional features. While the characters may not have these remarkably appealing personalities, Crystal Dynamics gave us an incredibly strong protagonist. Lara Croft is a clever and tough woman who plays the “hero role” perfectly. Character detail and animations are nearly lifelike and the cut-scenes are cinematically brilliant. So far, many of the releases this year has disappointed me, but Tomb Raider was a friggin’ home run. My game of the year for 2013 may have already arrived. Expand
  37. Jul 18, 2013
    Tomb Raider a movie or a game? I call games like The Walking Dead "Interactive Movies". However Tomb Raider is not one of them since your actions do not change the story. TR is a game at its core but what makes it so special is not the game mechanics but Lara's steps towards becoming who we know her for. Some people say that they have to go through many cutscenes in order to play but theTomb Raider a movie or a game? I call games like The Walking Dead "Interactive Movies". However Tomb Raider is not one of them since your actions do not change the story. TR is a game at its core but what makes it so special is not the game mechanics but Lara's steps towards becoming who we know her for. Some people say that they have to go through many cutscenes in order to play but the story is what kept me going. Perhaps that is why the game has so little replay value and is quite short. I don't mind. I quote Hilary Cooper "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away". Rarely have I seen more beautiful world design, animation, facial animation, voice acting and graphics. I've definitively never seen all that in one game. Lara is simply gorgeous because she is no longer solely a sex symbol. In terms of character development she can be compared to Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. However you may ask if it's not the actual gameplay that counts, what not just watch the cutscenes? You could but you would never reach the level of immersion the game has to offer, it wouldn't feel like an adventure if you don't explore. Besides the gameplay is a lot of fun, it just doesn't stand on it's own. As for the price, if 50 euros scare you then you can often get 50% off on Steam. Totally worth it. Expand
  38. May 16, 2013
    I want to give this game an eleven, heck at least a ten, but I can't. I can't give it a twenty, because the damn developers had to add shaky cam into the one of the best games released this year. I can't take shaky cam, a lot of us have a problem with it, same with 3D glasses. It gives a small part of the population motion sickness and nausea. For the love of god, please get rid of HeadI want to give this game an eleven, heck at least a ten, but I can't. I can't give it a twenty, because the damn developers had to add shaky cam into the one of the best games released this year. I can't take shaky cam, a lot of us have a problem with it, same with 3D glasses. It gives a small part of the population motion sickness and nausea. For the love of god, please get rid of Head bobs and shaking cameras, we love your game, but we still can't bloody well enjoy it eh? Expand
  39. Apr 21, 2013
    Tomb Raider is a superb action adventure! I never expected to be this impressed by it but it is a very well made and balanced 3rd person action title. I really think i prefer this to Uncharted as well it has a more serious and dramatic tone to it. The atmosphere the game creates really sucks you in and leaves you in awe at every cut scene especially on PC. Well worth everyone's money.
  40. Apr 6, 2013
    AmazingAwesomeIncredibleOutstandingExcellentMarvellousBreath taking.
    AmazingAwesomeIncredibleOutstandingExcellentMarvellousBreath taking.
    This is how I would describe Tomb Raider, since the first time I saw the gameplay at E3 I knew that I'll love it, I knew that I had to buy it, and it was my most anticipated game of 2013. My anticipations were high but there is no doubt that Tomb Raider not only met with my anticipations but also surpassed it. You are playing Lara Croft before she became the legend that we know today, she is just a young woman who is searching for legendary myth with her crew-friends, unfortunately for her a storm hit their ship and everyone is stucked on an unknown island and to make it worse there are people in the island, very dangerous people that will kill anything in their sight. Lara needs to learn how to hunt, how to kill and how to survive on this island. this is where the legendary Lara Croft is born and you are going to remember the moments, the hardship that Lara is going to endure. This is the first game that I ever cared about keeping the main character alive cause if you don't you will witness many gruesome deaths that even the mortal kombat can't be compared to. If you think about buying it don't think just buy, and remember it isn't the multiplayer that makes this game amazing its the single-player campaign that you will remember for a very long time. Tomb Raider is without a doubt 2013 game of the year
  41. Aug 22, 2014
    Excellent. However, it may feel repetitive at times but that doesn't take away anything from this beautifully crafted game. The only reason I shave-off a point here is because of the plethora of cut-scenes involved. All in all, a superb reboot to the franchise with an engrossing back-story. Disappointed with the Xbox One exclusivity of the sequel though.
  42. Apr 24, 2013
    I just finished playing the game, and having played through every game up until the recent installments I was really hoping that this reboot deviated from the worn down pattern of the old games. While they had their charms, especially the first two games, the games were now beyond repetition and consistently suffered from the usualy clunky controls and poor camera angles ("leap of faithI just finished playing the game, and having played through every game up until the recent installments I was really hoping that this reboot deviated from the worn down pattern of the old games. While they had their charms, especially the first two games, the games were now beyond repetition and consistently suffered from the usualy clunky controls and poor camera angles ("leap of faith jumps" anyone).
    The reboot delivered!, and I found myself quite immersed in the game, especially near the end. The gameplay is one of the better ones i've played in a while, and the very few times i missed a jump was probably my own fault. Lara's movement looks natural as she gracefully navigates her surroundings. And the game had some pretty epic setpieces. Having a reasonable computer i was able to play this game on the maximum settings (though nvidia cards still suffer from the tessalation bug), and the visuals were simply stunning (especially compared to the console versions), though some color pallettes are a little questionable, especially the shantytown looked a little murky (i've got a E-IPS panel, it's not me). The TressFX feature is also a nice touch, though this is only a option if you’ve got a decent graphics card. (Make sure you update your drivers if you’ve got a Nvidia card). Bottomline, it should be said that allot of time went into these visuals, and the Eidos/Square Enix gets some kudo’s for that.
    Replayability is good, meaning i will definitely pick it up again after a while. Reason being that the game gives you the option to continue the game to hunt for the collectables after the end. So for the completionists, there is no immediate reason to replay the game again shortly after, you can just continue.
    Besides the story there is enough for you to do, though this ultimately comes down to mostly collectables. There are also allot of Secret Tombs for you to discover, though these seem a tad bit underdeveloped. Having been used to the huge dungeons in Skyrim, i found myself scratching my head when I was done in about 5 minutes sometimes. These had allot more potential as it was really exhilarating when you entered them with only your flaming torch, not knowing what was in there.
    The story is no shakespear, but it presents itself well enough for you to care long enough. The only real issue with the story is the somewhat predictable characters, that sometimes display slasher-movie type stupidity (“Let’s split up!”). I've also got to mention that i do not share the statements that there are huge plotholes, everything can be explained with some common sense, and most of it is also explained in the books/documents scattered arround the island. I think it all comes down how well you're able to immerse yourself. Also there are people mentioning the disconnection between Lara’s story and the gameplay. She seems to quickly go from defenseless girl to badass. It is explained she is not new to this, but just never put it into actual practice (traning with Roth). Though i do agree it is borderline believeable.
    Bottomline, I’m glad Eidos/Square decided to reboot this series. The series didn’t age well, and it was ultimately a gamble for the studios investing allot in this game. I think they did an excellent job and i feel i got my moneys worth. I’m also glad a forgotten icon of gaming history finaly has some of her shine back. I'm anxious to see where the serie goes from here.

I really hope though, that they keep the emphasis on single player next installment. Who really needs a Tomb Raider multiplayer.. it felt tacked on.
  43. Mar 7, 2013
    Its good and it might even be a contender for "all time best" Tomb Raider game. As far as the franchise is concerned, it gave it a much needed breath of fresh air. The combat is fluid, the movement and control of you're control quite simply miles ahead of anything that's been done before. Gone are the days of "Tomb Raider cookie cutter adventure" titles, but now perhaps a return to formIts good and it might even be a contender for "all time best" Tomb Raider game. As far as the franchise is concerned, it gave it a much needed breath of fresh air. The combat is fluid, the movement and control of you're control quite simply miles ahead of anything that's been done before. Gone are the days of "Tomb Raider cookie cutter adventure" titles, but now perhaps a return to form and the first time a series reboot has actually meant something to newer players as well as old. Lara's upgrade system and the plot, though rather average, is still overshadowed by just about everything else it has to offer. Though linear in nature, it is a side of Lara Croft many thought we'd never get to see and those who are indeed so concerned about character changes might as well just admit: "They did a good job." Expand
  44. Apr 20, 2013
    This is how you reboot a game, it's really a 8 to 9 but I wanted to balance out all the idiots who gave it a 4 or less due to bad reasons. The quick time events are fine because it was the only way for me to actually feel surprised when I have to press something out of no where. None of them are even hard, you have like two different buttons to watch out for and sometimes you have toThis is how you reboot a game, it's really a 8 to 9 but I wanted to balance out all the idiots who gave it a 4 or less due to bad reasons. The quick time events are fine because it was the only way for me to actually feel surprised when I have to press something out of no where. None of them are even hard, you have like two different buttons to watch out for and sometimes you have to press left and right. If you get caught off guard, the death scenes are very well done. How can anybody say there's not enough exploration? You have the (keyword)choice of exploring an entire island and there's a ton of things to explore. I like the assassin creed like instinct thing, I guess some people enjoy mentally keeping track of where they are in the world but I prefer to not have to look at the map all the time. This does make the puzzles super easy though, I didn't google a single solution, they were all very straight forward and sometimes Laura will even blurt out a hint. The story definitely starts out pretty strong, but it gets pretty predictable towards the end. I was never sure if they were going to go with a scientific explanation or magic until about half way through. The game is a bit on the too easy side, the only time I died was from surprising quicktime events and the huge fire fights at the end. However, it's definitely fun, it's one of the few games in the recent years where I had to finish it. Expand
  45. Jul 20, 2013
    What a fantastic game. To start this is one of the best looking games I've seen. The environments are gorgeous, detailed, and visual effects are incredible. From the fog in the forests to burning buildings and the rain and wind effects this game looks perfect. The direction of the game is incredible, with good camera angles, distance, screen shake and all that to really put you in theWhat a fantastic game. To start this is one of the best looking games I've seen. The environments are gorgeous, detailed, and visual effects are incredible. From the fog in the forests to burning buildings and the rain and wind effects this game looks perfect. The direction of the game is incredible, with good camera angles, distance, screen shake and all that to really put you in the experience. This game uses a lot of things repeatedly...quick-time events, cut-scenes galore, and Lara gets tossed down a mountain every 5 minutes...it never get boring (except for may some of the collecting challenges), it's always engaging, and often breathtaking to behold. This is a great origin story for Lara Croft and a truly fun game and cinematic experience. Expand
  46. Apr 21, 2013
    I came here to give Tomb Raider 2013 a score of 10. I've done this. Tomb Raider has great voice acting, great graphics, great environments, great story, great characters, great multiplayer. great gameplay. I've been playing games all my life. I know games. Trust me. Buy this. You will not regret it.
  47. Jan 10, 2015
    One of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could everOne of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could ever realistically achieve without being Deus Ex. Expand
  48. Apr 28, 2013
    Great platforming and action sequences and an ok story. Very polished game, pc version has some of the best graphics to date. Took a point off for some annoying overuse of quick time events and some awkward cutscenes of lara getting beaten up too frequently
  49. Mar 30, 2013
    Female character for change? Check. Good quality graphics? Check. Intense mood and story line that makes you want to see what happens next? Check! This game provided me an interesting story, very nice gameplay and plenty of fun to do. Just amazing piece, reminds a lot of Batman series, but in very urban environment. Some people complain about cut scenes. For me, they are in perfect place.Female character for change? Check. Good quality graphics? Check. Intense mood and story line that makes you want to see what happens next? Check! This game provided me an interesting story, very nice gameplay and plenty of fun to do. Just amazing piece, reminds a lot of Batman series, but in very urban environment. Some people complain about cut scenes. For me, they are in perfect place. They carry the story forward. I get a moment from time to time that my character is actually thinking, since Lara Croft keeps talking to herself. This game is solid 9 due to everything included and i can only suggest everyone to try to for yourself. Expand
  50. Mar 31, 2013
    Great and Nice game and alot of actions And amazing store
    But not much in graphics
    I like it to much Even it support more then language like arabic
    And there is alot of hidden things
  51. May 4, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing! This is a proper way to give a back-story to one of the most iconic characters of video industry. I guarantee you, that by the time you finish Tomb Raider, you will fall in love with Lara Croft (and if you are a gamer who actually remembers the first game, you will realize that you missed her). The graphics, and camera work are STUNNING! The key moments areThis game is absolutely amazing! This is a proper way to give a back-story to one of the most iconic characters of video industry. I guarantee you, that by the time you finish Tomb Raider, you will fall in love with Lara Croft (and if you are a gamer who actually remembers the first game, you will realize that you missed her). The graphics, and camera work are STUNNING! The key moments are ALWAYS presented in a jaw-dropping way. The combat feels great and natural, with just the right amount of toys to play with. The platform elements are a cool reminder, that this is still Tomb Raider, in its essence. I do not agree with some complains, that I've seen. I don't think the game is too easy. And too many cutscenes? They are not intrusive, and feel like a reward, not a nuisance. In fact, they make you feel like a hero. To sum up, TR franchise couldn't have asked for a better reboot, and I would place this entry on par with the first (and, in my memories, the best) game of the series. GOTY so far. Expand
  52. Dec 26, 2013
    As a big fan of the Series, i was skeptical about the new game, as it goes a totally different way in terms of gameplay, however i was incredibly wrong.

This game made me feel like i was actually in the game, the sound, the level design, the art direction, it is so beautiful, then in comes the actual gameplay, whilst it starts off a bit generic, it soon opens up to be so much more if you are willing to give this game the attention it so does deserve.

The Tombs gave me the nostalgia i crave from the older games, whilst the rest of the game offers a more complete and detailed game.

My favorite part of this titles has to be the character acting, Lara is incredibly well done in this title, and the voice is fantastically done, a real stunner of a game.
  53. Jun 7, 2013
    It's hard to not like this game. It's really great to look at, the story is fun, the narrative clicks along nicely, and the gameplay is engaging. What makes it shine though is the revision of Lara Croft from a fan service brain on boobs to a believable and real young woman. She is still sexy, but she is sexy for the right reasons: because she is fierce, intelligent, capable, and faces herIt's hard to not like this game. It's really great to look at, the story is fun, the narrative clicks along nicely, and the gameplay is engaging. What makes it shine though is the revision of Lara Croft from a fan service brain on boobs to a believable and real young woman. She is still sexy, but she is sexy for the right reasons: because she is fierce, intelligent, capable, and faces her fears. She's awesome. Definitely a must play. Expand
  54. Jun 26, 2014
    I bought this game for a measly £3.74 on a steam sale the other day and I am VERY impressed. I was never really into the tomb raider series, after the boob hype from the first game, but I can't recommend this game enough.
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb) AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz) 8gb ram (Valueram) SSD gaming drive My
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb)
    AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz)
    8gb ram (Valueram)
    SSD gaming drive
    My PC is decent, but could be a lot better. I'm used to having the choice between the best graphics and stutter free experience, but this game gave me both. I jumped straight into the game on 'Ultimate' settings expecting to have to turn the settings down but I didn't have to touch them. Gameplay is always smooth, loading screens very short, and the graphics are sublime. This is hands down the best performance/graphics tradeoff I've seen in a game. Metro: Last Light may have been prettier (if that's the right term to describe a post-apocalyptic scene), but it couldn't match the performance of Tomb Raider at any graphics settings.
    After getting into the game and admiring the graphics, however, the next thing that struck me was the story-telling. The first hour or so is a very linear experience, with a gradual introduction to key gameplay mechanics and an unfolding of the basic story that these mechanics are telling. It's not giving anything away to say that you start off as a fairly meek young girl, but the evolution into a hero is executed masterfully. Not too quick so as to become meaningless, nor too slow as to become tedious. Before too long you are equipped with the skill-set required to traverse the island in a dynamic and fun way, and the story entwines with your progression through the island in a way that makes each area a meaningful addition to the game.
    Atmosphere also deserves a mention because, while you gradually become able to master some of the scenes that you find yourself in, my own experience was that I always felt like a visitor to that island. But that is certainly not a bad thing. This is a game that makes you creep round corners in fear of disturbing an unknown setting. My own play-style was one that meant I preferred to weigh up an area before jumping into it, and this game was really well crafted for that. That may not be everyone's cup of tea but if it is then you won't be disappointed by the reward you feel by having assessed a situation correctly. The puzzles, or hidden tombs, are perfect examples of this. While not particularly difficult, you cannot just storm into them without paying attention to your surroundings and expect to win. You need to look around, understand your scenario and maybe even do a bit of trial and error before passing them. The in-game rewards from these hidden tombs are paltry but the satisfaction for completing them (and the atmosphere of the tombs themselves) is enough to make them exceedingly worthwhile.
    The last thing that deserves a mention is character progression, which I felt was just right for an action game. The options for weapon mods and person skills are limited and the best skills are locked behind a 'you need x skills to unlock' tier system. Unless you storm through the game without doing any of the extra tombs, or miss all the salvage available, the likelihood is that you'll pick up most of the skills available in a fairly linear system. In an RPG, this would be a major downfall, but this is not an RPG and theory-crafting would not be welcome here. The skills you learn have a noticeable effect on gameplay but each only in a minor way. The game would not be broken if you choose not to pick up any skills, and on the flip-side, you are not a god by having them all.
    The major issue that people raise about the game is its linear nature, and it's a fair assessment. If that is a problem for you then you may not enjoy the game. But this game is about story and it unashamedly executes that story in a masterful way. You are at the helm of that story but you are not going to change it and this is not to everyone's taste, as can be seen from the negative comments here. A lot of games pretend to have choice in an ultimately linear experience (The Stanley Parable can be seen as an excellent commentary on this, as well as a more visceral commentary on gaming in general), rarely a game may actually present you with game-changing choices. Some of the strongest examples of gaming in recent years, however, recognise the potential to tell a particular story in computer games. Tomb Raider is one of the finest examples of this story-driven genre.
  55. Mar 30, 2013
    Sim nota 10 e vou vou informar que apesar de algumas falhas esse game épico merecia 11 mas como justamente nada perfeito toam um 10 XD
    A única coisa um pouco falha o modo multiplayer o restante tão absurdamente perfeito
    Começando com os gráficos que são supreendentes. andei acompanhando o desenvolvimento desde o inicio final de 2010 e sempre nos foi mostrado gráficos péssimos e inacabados, eu realmente fui pego de surpresa na versão final principalmente com a maravilha revolucionária TressFX.
    A jogabilidade tem uma vasta combinação mas tão simples executa-los. Os movimentos da Lara estão incrivelmente realistas, a Camilla fez um ótimo trabalho oral e corporal.
    A trilha sonora mais que perfeita, fico pensando quão gênio esse Jason Graves que conseguiu superar o que sempre desde sempre o ponto auge da franquia. Cada som intensifica as sensações
    o enredo apesar de bem clichê a maneira que a Lara evolui incrível, pegaram o tema perdido numa ilha bem passado e desenvolveram de uma maneira inovadora.
    Enfim simplesmente ÉPICO, mais que um simples jogo para ser salvo uma vez e ser deixado de lado. volta com força total de um ícone chamado Lara Croft
  56. Apr 19, 2013
    There is only one word that could approximate a definition for this game: "Masterpiece".

I'm an old TR fan to let it understand to the few people who can understand it around the world, there are not many ones who can say "in Tomb Raider II I entered THAT door", well, I'm one of them. I was waiting for a game like this since.... Well, back to the review, this game is 100% well balanced, to point out few things I would improve: 1) the level design is "nearly perfect", only I'm missing a little the "how the F... I can reach that spot feeling, I hope that in a sequel this could be addressed cause the platforming is however rewarding as never but I feel that a bit more challenge could add to the experience. 2) Lara is responding in a perfect way, in the game you really feel you ARE Lara Croft and not just driving a mannequin, this boost that already spoken "I want more" from the (outstanding) environment. 3) the very well implemented RPG options could be implemented better, the first two survival skills for example, if I'm not missing something are pretty nearly useless throughout the game, adding more vicious animals to defend from and the need to feed yourself to keep health regenerating could have given a meaning to those. 4) When you have the right equipment there is too few backtracking that could be done in order to discover more, there are no reasons to explore again an already 100%ed sector except to gain some experience from enemies, a couple of "ok now I have this, let see if I can access that spot" per sector could have been an HUGE booster for the overall experience. 5) The upgrade system is well crafted and enough satisfying but hiding the upgrades in the menu could give that feeling of "what now that is thrown away from the complete visible list. 6) The above also works for collectibles, I hate games in which you knows in advance what you will find in them, this applies even to this beautiful game, knowing in advance how many collectibles I have to find is one of the worst part of this title, an "I feel like I'm still missing something in this area" would be a much more effective way to manage the whole thing, as well as get rid of percentage counters, as well as giving a more puzzle meaning to collectibles while being able to see them as you find them not in advance. 7) Tombs, those are very well crafted but really feels too short for a true TR lover, I'm expecting to see more of them and more complex along with some well crafted underwater mess on the sequel. 8) Secondary bosses: it could be nice to hear Lara commenting on her equipment and physically see the parts of it as well as seeing Lara assembling those parts ...and having secondary bosses to fight experimenting on them the new acquired firepower while tasting the new discovered within herself passion for raiding tombs. 9) the story: it's really well crafted but could be balanced better, at an emotional level the story requires you to keep going while the gameplay requires you to explore, well, it is balanced but it could be more, from a gameplay perspective everything that's "hurry on" is out of place in a TR game, also the acting is top notch but could have been polished aligning it with the above point of view. 9) Enemies: sometimes it's like I'm facing the old chapters enemies, well the AI is not that bad but sometimes is not polished as it should be resulting in too few options at your enemies to choose from making the mass-murder them a bit too easy while sometimes they can spot you too realistically when you don't have any chance to spot them making impossible to sneak past or avoid or stealth kill someone that even knowing you are somewhere on the island shouldn't know you are "right there". 10) Indicators: I think that a lens could suffice to point out the presence of something, no need to show the button everytime, it slightly detract to immersion.

However the above are only my suggestions in case of an unlikely reading of my review by someone from Crystal Dynamics that, however, does not detract a bit to the gorgeousness of the game, the game is already 99,99%, the above only could boost it at 100% and a sequel to 200%

Despite the above this game is a helluva BLAST that's worth every penny, a "back to those days" for TR fans and a good point to start from for those who are not...yet..

Thanks SquareEnix, thanks Crystal Dynamics, playing it I can feel all the efforts you made to make not only a generic masterpiece but a Tomb Raider masterpiece, I'm one of the biggest fan of TR on planet Earth and you made me proud again of being, I sincerely hope it could have the success it deserves as well as seeing sequels of the same quality in which I will be able to hear the "Oh-hh!" turn in the well known "Ah-haa!", if you knows what I mean.. :)

This stuff was for SQUEX and CD, to everyone else all I can say is that this game is truly one of the best games ever made, it looks gorgeous, it sounds great, it plays amazingly.
  57. Mar 24, 2013
    One of the best games Ive played in recent times. I have never been a big fan of the actual Tomb Raider games (I loathe platformers!), but this reboot prequel really does everything right. Graphics, voice-acting, presentation, set-pieces, plot, gameplay, music, the open world...it nails everything almost perfectly. Probably the only aspect which I found frustrating was the quick-timeOne of the best games Ive played in recent times. I have never been a big fan of the actual Tomb Raider games (I loathe platformers!), but this reboot prequel really does everything right. Graphics, voice-acting, presentation, set-pieces, plot, gameplay, music, the open world...it nails everything almost perfectly. Probably the only aspect which I found frustrating was the quick-time events which felt forced and really detracts from the gameplay. Thankfully, they're far and few while the rest of this amazing game more than makes up for it. If only all modern games can have this kind of polish and well-executed. Tomb Raider (2013) is a triumph and shows that the gaming industry can still produce solid titles that can be original while warding off the intricacies of distributor manipulation (such as micro-transactions and DRM). If you call yourself a gamer, buy this game. Expand
  58. Oct 8, 2014
    Hacia tiempo que no jugaba a un juego que me embriaga de esta manera, la historia, el gameplay el meta-gameplay, esa mezcla de aventura, exploración, shooter y survival; y haciéndose herramienta de un motor gráfico sin el cual contar esa historia no hubiese sido lo mismo.

El diseño de entornos te hace creer que estás en un sitio real, no en uno diseñado, sino una recreación de localizaciones y eventos reales, me sorprendo a mi mismo continuamente observando el entorno, sorprendido ante su magia y su belleza, y las ruinas tan llenas de vida y a la vez tan muertas, que te hacen pensar que una vez allí hubo una población viviendo e imaginas su forma de vida, sus costumbres, la inmersión es total.

El juego es muy fluido y nunca consideras que lo que estás haciendo es relleno ni nada por el estilo, hay algunas opiniones de gente que dice que es una película interactiva, deben haber pirateado el juego y jugar 15 minutos, al principio tienen mucho que presentar y parece un poco película, pero solo es una introducción, después es jugar y jugar y nunca te cansas, le he echado 18 horas en difícil para hacerlo al 70% porque no me gusta ir volviendo atrás para hacer el 100%, y esas 18 horas han sido en menos de una semana, estaba deseando llegar del trabajo y darle caña y es que nunca te cansas, desde que era niño no había sido capaz de estar más de dos horas seguidas jugando, y este juego lo ha conseguido.

Poco más que decir, lo importante es jugarlo, y cualquier persona que le gusten los videojuegos deben jugar a este, Crystal Dinamycs ha hecho un gran trabajo y se merecen más ventas de las que ya tienen, así que ya sabéis.
  59. Aug 13, 2014
    Wonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the gameWonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the game may be a little on the easy side as far as bosses are concerned. Another aspect that may disappoint hard core Tomb Raider fans are the puzzles are a little bit too easy and unimaginative but I had an easy time forgiving that given the rest of the game is just fantastic. Expand
  60. Jul 12, 2014
    The game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games soThe game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games so i can't compare. As a game all together it I've really enjoyed it. I can only think anyone that's given it a bad rep are developers other companies. Expand
  61. May 28, 2014
    This is one of my all time favorite games. I feel like replaying it over and over again. You must buy it and play it you are missing out if you don't!
  62. Nov 1, 2014
    One of the best games i ever played. Finally a Tomb Raider game for grown-ups.
    Graphics, sound & atmosphere are immersive...like playing an interactive action/thriller movie.
    Ayebos Rating: 9 out of 10.
  63. May 2, 2013
    Could have been a better game without the awful QTEs and the out-of-place regenerative health system. But the great plot, breath-taking scenarios, and the outstanding acting of Camilla Luddington can make this game worth your money.
  64. Mar 29, 2013
    Tomb Raider is great. Here's a quick rundown of all the things that make it great in my opinion: 1. Camilla Luddington feels appropriately vulnerable in parts of the story and bad-ass in others, and was a great casting choice. The acting in general, is great (though there's only 3 guys doing the voices for basic enemies, which is nowhere near enough).
    2. The bow and the ice axe feel
    2. The bow and the ice axe feel appropriately weighty and all the weapons deliver satisfying kills/executions. 3. Controls are absolutely fantastic (very responsive). The cover system is simple and very effective overall (no button presses necessary, just get close to it).
    4. If you've got a high level graphics card you'll be in love with the visuals. 5. The level design is fantastic, there are multiple ways around (at least in the bigger areas) and plenty of secrets to be found. 6. I really loved the UI, which was simple and effective (not quite Dead Space level UI but still great) Cons:
    1.The tombs are fun but there aren't enough of them, and they're all quite easy
    2. Game will force you to fight certain enemies for setpiece moments (like Uncharted), instead of being given the option to sneak around (this is relatively rare though) 3. the survival instinct button is basically like detective vision in arkham asylum and not necessary imo.

Single Player is the only reason to play this, although multiplayer is fun if you can actually find people to play with.
  65. Apr 11, 2013
    The Game gives Everything you could want from an archeological adventure game. The Story was nice. The Gameplay and it is also graphically stunning... The ending was a bit weak but still it is worth the journey.... Great job Crystal dynamics Go on making good games..
  66. Jul 22, 2013
    Reboot of Tomb Raider? More like rebirth! An amazing game for old fans and new. Top notch graphics and feel, interesting storyline and great atmosphere. Everything about this title drips quality. It is plain and simple fun to play. They did so many things right, other developers need to study what was done here.
  67. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is like nothing I've ever played. The cinematography was so great I felt like I was in a movie, yet I never felt like I wasn't in control of the action at all times. The story was compelling, full of action and suspense, contrasted by the perfect amount of stealth and exploration scenes. I suspect that it will have limited replay value, but I don't mind. Having never played aThis game is like nothing I've ever played. The cinematography was so great I felt like I was in a movie, yet I never felt like I wasn't in control of the action at all times. The story was compelling, full of action and suspense, contrasted by the perfect amount of stealth and exploration scenes. I suspect that it will have limited replay value, but I don't mind. Having never played a Tomb Raider title before, I know for a fact that this stands on its own, but I strongly suspect it serves its function as a prequel equally well.

I can't possibly imagine why anyone would rate this game poorly. There are a few "Quick Time Events" as others seem to be calling them, but I felt like they were a good contrast to the normal frenzied firefights and exploration while still making me feel in control of what was going on.
  68. Dec 27, 2014
    Amazing...three quarters through this games, and it just keeps getting better, I've been gaming since Pong in 1978, and I've played thousands of games, This is dynamite, one of the best 3 games I've ever played. Got it for 10 bucks on Steam, best 10 bucks I've ever spent on entertainment.
  69. May 6, 2013
    WOW. I just finished it and I must say, this is one hell of a game. I loved the graphics, the action and on top of that it was very exciting. My only critic is that the levels are hard to navigate that is, if you want to come back and find all the pretties, which I'm probably not going to. Poor Lara takes more beating than ever before; I finally feel some sympathy for her!
  70. Oct 25, 2014
    I never played Tomb Raider series before...but, this one is a damn real good game! really love it! the graphics, story, game play, interface, the characters (i love how they make Lara Croft so beautiful here) just so awesome! good job Square Enix! can't wait for the next installment.
  71. Jul 4, 2013
    this game is great. it has a very gripping story about lara and her orgins. i never played a tomb raider game but i highly recommend this game. if u games like arkham asylam and uncharted. you will love this one.
  72. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is just as gorgeous as it is fun. I definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence about this game. It's a must have if you enjoy 3rd person shooters. I would go in depth about it, but since there are several thousand reviews already I'll just respectfully place my score and go on to the next one.
  73. Apr 5, 2013
    Awesome game. Graphics are beautiful, you can easily get attached to the characters, and the weapon upgrades are enough to keep you interested never mind the story (which is great).

I do have to down-rate this by 1 simply because I completed the game, on normal, just over 3 hours at 78% completion. A friend of mine who spent more time (~25 hours) in the game resulted in 83% completion. So I figure I didn't miss much on a normal play-through. Other then that, I hope to see Crystal Dynamics back with a sequel to this. I could take or leave Square Enix's production.
  74. May 2, 2013
    One of the best single player games I've ever played. Stunning. Anyone giving it score 7 is just a hater and you shouldn't bother what they say. I've played a lot of high scored games recently: Far Cry 3, Dead Space 1 and 2, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Walking Dead, BF3 (campaign), Medal of Honor (campaign) and even some of them were really outstanding, Tomb Raider easily beats them.
  75. Jun 21, 2013
    A reboot that's done right. It's an emotional experience that has already taught me some lessons through this heroic tale of a brave, young woman. It's gore is a little too over-done for my personal tastes and the game doesn't go quite smoothly especially at the Quick Time Events. The controls are excellent though but you still might want to use a controller.
  76. Jul 21, 2013
    The campaign was about 9 hours long... and I walked a lot because there were many scary places. I explored as much as possible and it was still only 9 hours long!!! I would play the game again anyway. Many times it felt like a movie. A damn good movie. I haven't seen this much action since I saw one of the Jackie Chan movies.
    Wonderful adventure game and little bit supernatural made the
    Wonderful adventure game and little bit supernatural made the island more interesting to explore and fun read its history.

Quick time events: There are A LOT OF quick time events but at least they were not as annoying as in Battlefield 3. If you hate quick time events you shouldn't buy this game. I haven't played games that would have this many quick time events and it took me 30 minutes to get use to it.

Cut scenes: I didn't have problems to tell the difference between cut scene and gameplay. There was only one part where I thought cut scene was still going and fell to my death.

Combat: AI delivers no challenge. It was really easy to headshot everybody. Once AI spots you it will know where you go. Even if you try to sneak away, their guns are always pointed toward corner or cover where you are and they will walk toward you until you shoot one of them or they can see you.

Controls: I have no complains about the controls. Lara takes cover automatically which takes little bit time to get used to but it works well. She always goes where I want and never does something completely opposite.

AI never kills you but failed quick time events will and many times!
  77. May 2, 2013
    It's highly recommended that you find all relics, hidden tombs and special challenge items before the last big fight, as it will make your character stronger! Definitely a great game, take your time with it.
  78. Aug 25, 2013
    This is what I expect today's AAA titles to be like. Beautiful graphics, nice game-engine cut-scenes, decent story (although quite foreseeable) and a fair distribution of checkpoints. Also, the "new" Lara Croft is much more believable and likable that the "old" one.
  79. Feb 19, 2014
    I was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustratingI was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustrating and stupidly absurd boss characters to beat (but nothing patronizing either), an awesome and immersive story, incredible depth into Lara's character, beautiful and well-directed cuts and cinematics, truly detailed and high resolution world modeling.. It's all fantastic. And the physical detail of Lara's character model? I am so hot for Lara Croft after playing this game, it's ridiculous. lol Nerves of steel, great with guns, a sexy accent, and just the right amount of modesty built in? Now *that's* a potent combination! There's so many physical maneuvers and outrageous (believable, but absolutely outrageous) ledge-grabs that she does along the way that made me say, "Man, that is one crazy-*ss bi*ch!" I would have come up to one of those ones on the antenna tower and been like "Oh f**k no. See ya.." This just made me appreciate her character and role in the story even more though..

And by the way, those who modeled her physical "appearance" deserve special praise in my book. Thank you so much for giving this lioness a believable and curvaceous C-cup, and not some cantaloupe-wannabe triple-Es. The Jolie era of Tomb Raider character models has been overdue to be purged for the longest time now, so thank you for correcting this "malignancy".

Seriously, the next installment of this game can't come soon enough. Phenomenal job, Eidos Montreal and Enix. Please do as good a job with the next one..
  80. Aug 18, 2014
    I give a 10 because it brings a fresh gameplay ^^ Graphisms are great too :) I don't have so much time to play and I like the fact that there is things collectable, little hunt, little fights. You fall deeply in the gameplay. It's really not that hard even in difficult mode.

The story seems good. The actors voices are really nice. I've read others review and even it's short, it gives you a good feeling. Actually I have fun ^^
  81. Mar 31, 2013
    First Tomb Raider game i ever played and i am amazed. Awsome graphics (TressFX is unbelivable),well writen characters,very balanced and challenging combat (played on hard difficulity),story with revalations of island secreds,lot of awsome collectibles (esspecialy documents) and much more. Only issue i have with this game is that first hour is Lara scared,hurt,freezig and after kiling deerFirst Tomb Raider game i ever played and i am amazed. Awsome graphics (TressFX is unbelivable),well writen characters,very balanced and challenging combat (played on hard difficulity),story with revalations of island secreds,lot of awsome collectibles (esspecialy documents) and much more. Only issue i have with this game is that first hour is Lara scared,hurt,freezig and after kiling deer she is shocked and with her first kill she almost trow up but after kiling first enemy shes like rambo perfectly handling weapon shooting dozens of enemys and knocking enemy heads of without any hard feelings Expand
  82. May 2, 2013
    just an amazing game. the story is great and you care for the characters. gameplay is nice as well, nothing special but its still very good. the cover system is really good as well. the game also has stunning visuals and great design. its one of the best looking game to date. you also have special equipment like an arrow with a rope and stuff like that. there are also skill trees which arejust an amazing game. the story is great and you care for the characters. gameplay is nice as well, nothing special but its still very good. the cover system is really good as well. the game also has stunning visuals and great design. its one of the best looking game to date. you also have special equipment like an arrow with a rope and stuff like that. there are also skill trees which are a nice edition. a really good thing about the game is that it has a lot of focus on exploring, not just shooting. this is an adventure game, and while it has a lot of shooting (the shooting mechanics are really good) this is an adventure game!!!!
    overall this is a great game you should definetly but!!!! its epic!!!!
  83. May 7, 2013
    Incredible. Possibly a game of the century. Lara Croft has proven herself what she can really do. The puzzles, dialog, gaming, entertainment, graphics-basically everything-of this game are unforgettable. This people have actually been so specific-if you listen closely, you can hear Lara's footsteps and the sound that they make on different floors,and the water dripping down on caves.Incredible. Possibly a game of the century. Lara Croft has proven herself what she can really do. The puzzles, dialog, gaming, entertainment, graphics-basically everything-of this game are unforgettable. This people have actually been so specific-if you listen closely, you can hear Lara's footsteps and the sound that they make on different floors,and the water dripping down on caves. Anyways.... You'll be really wise to get this game-even if it is for a day. Expand
  84. Nov 27, 2013
    Was truly amazing, the only thing I drop a point for is the combat was to frequent, involved more people than one would expect for a ship wreck island, and didn't fit inline with the character development points.

Otherwise as a story run game, it was epic.
  85. Jul 21, 2013
    A great reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, only brought down by some very minor issues in the writing. But an overall experience is very memorable and I like the style they went for with this reboot.
  86. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An open world Uncharted. That alone is epic enough to make the game awesome. Excellent combat and excellent method of exploration where you can climb like in Uncharted, this game is especially a must buy for those who haven't play Uncharted yet because they don't have a PS3. One problem with the game though, the stupid cliches in this game is too much. Like you know the part in a movie where there's a guy trying to protect a girl from bandits by shooting at them and he ran out of bullets, and then this one guy attacks the guy's back and he's injured, only to take out a second pistol and shoot the guy? Yeah, pretty stupid. Most of the main casts in this game can still be alive if this stupid kind of cliche didn't happen, and the plot is pretty much predictable from the get go. Why is this person kidnapped you ask? Well there's 10+ journals in game that explains why, and yet Lara figures it out at the end of the game. Aside from the cliched plot though, the game itself is excellent. A must buy. Expand
  87. Mar 22, 2013
    Presentation is key, and that's what Tomb Raider really does best. Every feature of the game is delivered in a sensible fashion at the most relevant time. Shipwrecked, you can't help but to know you're on an island. Punched in the face? You're probably kidnapped. Right after that, the very first puzzle is essentially an exercise in crawling before walking, and there's the, "Ah-ha!" momentPresentation is key, and that's what Tomb Raider really does best. Every feature of the game is delivered in a sensible fashion at the most relevant time. Shipwrecked, you can't help but to know you're on an island. Punched in the face? You're probably kidnapped. Right after that, the very first puzzle is essentially an exercise in crawling before walking, and there's the, "Ah-ha!" moment where you learn how to move and that momentum is an actual mechanic that's used throughout the adventure.

It's my opinion that the most wonderful thing about this title is how incredibly enthralling the narrative is. From the initial sequences, you'll find yourself immediately attached to Lara and the struggles she's forced to endure. That moment when control is first relinquished to the player, there's an urgency to proceed; you want the helpless, stranded protagonist to escape and reunite with her companions. The first enemy encounter already begins subtle character development, and it's clear that the conflict has shaken Lara but that she has no choice but to come to terms with it all.

The dreary, bone filled cave of the intro is a testament to how well orchestrated all the scenes are; it's outright terrifying just as it's intended to be, but this is only the first of countless gorgeous views. Emerging from there and into the lush woods brings another fantastic vista. Villages amongst mountains, a fortress in the snowy mountains and a beach laden with several wrecked vessels are just a few of the fabulous places to be seen on the island. Best of all, exploring these is a breeze.

The controls are among the most intuitive I've encountered, and I feel as if Tomb Raider does free running in a league superior to Assassin's Creed. Tools to overcome obstacles come one by one, and a new toy is only laid down after you've had ample time to master the one before it. Any surface that you suspect you can climb, you almost certainly can.

There's an elaborate level-up and upgrade system in place. Defeating enemies, hunting wild animals and plundering optional tombs all grant piles of experience to use on skills that enhance Lara's prowess. Weapons are improved by finding salvage in the world, and your armaments are visually enhanced for every upgrade you perform such as adding a scope to your assault rifle. The skills will allow you to gain additional perks for skillful kills, loot additional salvage from kills, see collectibles through walls, and even traverse terrain more quickly among several other perks.

Combat itself is a delight. It's fast, fluid and just plain works! Lara's clever enough to duck behind cover while in a fight and will pop up whenever you try to aim. Enemies may be disabled by shooting at their limbs and can be executed with a keystroke if you've mastered the skill. They'll use similar tools to what you have, including grenades, shotguns and even the wonderful bow and arrow. That said, you can largely avoid combat by taking the stealth route. The bow makes for silent kills, approaching an enemy from behind allows for a quiet execution; and eventually, you may even add silencers certain weapons.

Ample collectibles are strewn throughout the game; and via a fast-travel system, you're free to revisit previously conquered territory to find these things. There are relics to peer at which help to express the background of the island, documents that are fully voiced over by their writers and so much salvage and weapon parts. "Challenges" exist that involve finding all of a certain item or destroying evil totems among so much more. That goes without mentioning the non-combat puzzle tombs that really make for an excellent hiatus between story arches. Better yet, there's a Metroid-esque feeling to using all your new equipment to reach places that you previously could not.

There's also a multi-player aspect with a few run of the mill game modes. Deathmatch is here, but there's also a couple of unique experiences. Present too is a progression system not dissimilar to the single player. You can upgrade your skills and weapons much the same way, but it sort of feels like a Call of Duty clone with a rustic coat of paint. There wasn't much here to keep me interested for more than a couple of hours.

All in all, I absolutely adore this title. The story is engrossing, the stealth and combat mechanics are clean, and I was having a blast just climbing around and exploring. There was a certain relief in Tomb Raider's climax and epilogue, and I only wish that there was more! Crystal Dynamics built a masterpiece whose only flaw is a multi-player experience that's far out shined by its story mode.
  88. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is simply epic. There is not much to say than "good job Crystal Dynamics". I've played that game in two or three days, now waiting for the new Nvidia patch to play it again with TressFX. The graphics are amazing. The Story is perfectly told. The gameplay is awesome and addicting. I'm not having any quicktime event problems like most people tell. It's just working fine. I justThis game is simply epic. There is not much to say than "good job Crystal Dynamics". I've played that game in two or three days, now waiting for the new Nvidia patch to play it again with TressFX. The graphics are amazing. The Story is perfectly told. The gameplay is awesome and addicting. I'm not having any quicktime event problems like most people tell. It's just working fine. I just wish the story would be longer but i think there will be more Tomb Raider stuff coming out this year. :)
    A 10 score because this game is simply perfect. All other developers shouldt cut their piece out of Crystal Dynamics and their game Tomb Raider.
  89. Mar 23, 2013
    one word: imposible !!!!!
    she is back, better than ever
    she aren't too sexy, strong, profestional. But she young, lifely, beautiful
    i hope tr2013 is a begin of a huge and legend new series
  90. Mar 28, 2013
    Very nice Game, it is a completely different game than the previous parts!
    Nice graphic, levels and sound. In my opinion buy it, play it...
    PS: Lara is very sexy...
    ... good work graphic-artists
  91. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is amazing. I feel bad for the devs, since the game didn't get the sales it deserved. Discounted 75% on Steam several times which is how I acquired it also. Let's just hope the PS4 version gets some proper recognition. It is simply the best action-adventure I have ever played, and I've played them all. I live for that genre.
    -The world/level design is spectacular
    -the PC
    -The world/level design is spectacular
    -the PC ported gfx is flawless and breathtaking
    -the gameplay is so much fun as you navigate all across this island, from intense shootouts, to exploring, to puzzles, to a stealthy ninja.
    -the quicktime events gets your heart racing as you get trown around like a ragdoll in every direction
    And the game is dark, bloody and so brutal it sometimes makes you cringe. Really hope for some proper DLC or a TR2 soon. (Didn't test multiplayer).
  92. Mar 25, 2013
    The game is very good, there are some people giving it bad scores and talking crap like the game is not like the old tomb raiders and etc. I'M GLAD the game is not like the old tomb raiders, the game evolved into a different style. The old games were not selling well, and you know why? because they kept the old formula, they didn't change anything, the solitary game play, actionless, itThe game is very good, there are some people giving it bad scores and talking crap like the game is not like the old tomb raiders and etc. I'M GLAD the game is not like the old tomb raiders, the game evolved into a different style. The old games were not selling well, and you know why? because they kept the old formula, they didn't change anything, the solitary game play, actionless, it wasn't working. So they changed it! And i'm glad they did, because the new tomb raider is amazing! the game is rich in details, it's a huge world to explore, divided in small sections, and inside each small sections, puzzles, enemies and secrets to discover. I've been playing this game for around 30 hours and it's only 40% complete!

game is amazing, the story is amazing, the cinematics, the new lara, the quick time events are very good too! it just makes the story even more interesting! and doesn't even allow you to leave the game!

I gave it a 9 out of 10, because there is only one flaw in this game, which is the puzzles. I love the new tomb raider, but it needs more solid puzzles, which is something i'm sure they won't miss on the sequel. Don't think twice, buy this game. worths every penny
  93. Mar 30, 2013
    I have to agree with the majority of other players here, the game is stunning (PC Version maxed GTX670 260 x 1600), in every conceivable way. The graphics, sound, action, story telling, cinematic scenes are all excellent. I give it 10/10 because I'm calling the first Tomb Raider game of this fashion & it is perfect. The only thing I would like to see in a sequel (please bring manyI have to agree with the majority of other players here, the game is stunning (PC Version maxed GTX670 260 x 1600), in every conceivable way. The graphics, sound, action, story telling, cinematic scenes are all excellent. I give it 10/10 because I'm calling the first Tomb Raider game of this fashion & it is perfect. The only thing I would like to see in a sequel (please bring many sequels out!) is some smarter enemy AI & maybe a bit more stealthy options, Enemys that can track foot prints & on the other hand enemies that can't see through bushes, also crawling through bushes for stealth kills. It's the first game I've wanted toplay through & complete everything 100%!
    Thankyou Square Enix for sharing such an amazing piece of art with us all!
  94. Mar 30, 2013
    The graphics are awesome. DirectX 11 runs perfectly, with bloom, FXAA and excellent textures. The tesselation is a litlle heavy and downs 20 fps. Fantastic gameplay, solid plot, and wonderful music. As deep as Uncharted, multiple routes to take through quests. Lara is very cute in this game. I just miss more costumes.
  95. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is the perfect example of how to revive a dying franchise. It has good visuals, good level design(but not truly open world), a very good combat and cover system and most importantly a excellent story that really helps Lara Croft to become Lara Croft. The side characters are cliched and forgettable, but they do their job. On the other hand Lara's voice acting is superb and we canThis game is the perfect example of how to revive a dying franchise. It has good visuals, good level design(but not truly open world), a very good combat and cover system and most importantly a excellent story that really helps Lara Croft to become Lara Croft. The side characters are cliched and forgettable, but they do their job. On the other hand Lara's voice acting is superb and we can only congratulate Camilla Luddington for her voice and motion capture work. The multiplayer is irrelevant to the game and I can't find a reason for any big criticism directed towards Tomb Raider. This is definitely one of the best games of 2013. Expand
  96. Apr 1, 2013
    Very good game. Everything was almost perfect, the learning curve of Lara Croft was well developted trough the game, from a crying girl lost in a LOST island (no pun intended) to a badass at the end (if you use the talents). Graphics are awseome and well optimizated (50 fps in 7770 at ultra), the gameplay is the best i ve seen in a 3rd person shooter, stealth is ok tough not the best....Very good game. Everything was almost perfect, the learning curve of Lara Croft was well developted trough the game, from a crying girl lost in a LOST island (no pun intended) to a badass at the end (if you use the talents). Graphics are awseome and well optimizated (50 fps in 7770 at ultra), the gameplay is the best i ve seen in a 3rd person shooter, stealth is ok tough not the best.... I ve played the game exploring everything i could and havent found any bug, not even minor bugs in the gameplay. VERY FLUID cover system, its even better then Gears of War or Max Payne 3 cover system... It aways responded well to my commands. Some things stay from the other games, like the insane 10 meters jump, but this is Tomb Raider signature.... My only negative point are the secondary characters, i didnt care if any of them was going to die, in fact, i wanted someone to die just to see lara`s reaction, she is the only well developed character in the game. 9,5/10 Expand
  97. Jun 11, 2013
    This game never really caught my eye, nor did I have any initial interest in it. I've played a couple of the original Tomb Raider games on the PS1 growing up and enjoyed them no doubt, but the series was never etched into my memory banks as one of my best gaming experiences. That aside, I will admit that Steam sales are the bane of my existence, and never in my life will I catch up onThis game never really caught my eye, nor did I have any initial interest in it. I've played a couple of the original Tomb Raider games on the PS1 growing up and enjoyed them no doubt, but the series was never etched into my memory banks as one of my best gaming experiences. That aside, I will admit that Steam sales are the bane of my existence, and never in my life will I catch up on completing all the games in my Steam Library.

So considering how amazing the deal was, I figured "why not" and purchased Tomb Raider. I never got around to actually playing the game until weeks if not a month after the purchase, and boy was I pleasantly surprised. This game has been a blast. The graphics are top notch, the rpg element is just right, and the story is definately engaging. Even though the combat mechanics are a little easy, and the puzzles are much easier than the originals, this game (for me) has been an absolute blast.

I'm not going to write an elaborate review about why this game is good piece by piece, and what is wrong with it in the same fashion. This game really boils down to the type of gamer it will appeal to. If you like interactive story driven rpg'ish games, this is for you no doubt. If you're a button mashing, pvping, shallow type of gamer, move along.

My score stands, based of my own opinion and experience.
  98. Apr 16, 2013
    I didn't expect much to be honest, with the quick time events and the awkward story. But it surprised me in every way. The quick time events just fitted perfect, even when it was in-combat events. The story was interesting and made you carry on for hours just to complete the whole story.
  99. Apr 7, 2013
    This is story lead, character driven survival game and absolutely loved it.

The story is compelling, the visuals are stunning, the voice acting is outstanding. The bow is a highly effective weapon in the game. I found some of the other weapons significantly less useful, but I think that facilitates varied personal play styles. There are cutscenes and quick-time events, for the
    This is story lead, character driven survival game and absolutely loved it.

There are cutscenes and quick-time events, for the most part I didn't find them too intrusive or annoying, it's hard to tell a good story without them.

One frequently criticised aspect is how quickly she changes into a hardened killer, this didn't bother me at all and neither did it seem jarring.

Lara is utterly charming and scarily determined. A delightful detail in the game is how she geeks out over artifacts she discovers. These often come at welcome moments to lighten the tone when the atmosphere is otherwise bleak.

There are several negative comments regarding it being more of a movie than a game. I instantly think of Uncharted and have to disagree. Yes Tomb Raider is cinematic, but it is definitely more of a game than a movie, you set the pace and you can back track to explore.

I find many of the complaints puerile and hyperbolic:
    - "There's a button to show you what you need to look at if you can't figure it out"
    - "Don't press it if you don't want to"
    - "But people less awesome than me will still be able to play through the game"
    - "Get over yourself"

- "There aren't enough weapons"
    - "She isn't Duke Nukem, and the weapons she does have can be improved throughout the game"

- "If I wanted a story I'd watch a movie or read a book"
    - "Some games are story lead and others are 'And the upshot is you have to kill everything that moves', this one falls into the first category, it might not be to your taste but that doesn't make it a bad game."

- "There's regenerating health"
    - "You want to go back to Gordon Freeman on 4% health back tracking for med-stations? You found that fun?"
  100. Apr 7, 2013
    Great reboot and great game!

Great reboot and great game!

This game has by far one of the most incredible graphics (when playing on a modern PC with all its features and TressFX enabled). The texture are really HD quality which is not achieve by every game nowadays. The story is interesting and the atmosphere is quite dark and creepy (you'll find a lot documents from people with different backgrounds all over the isle and you just want to know what the hell happened here and what is still going on?). The gameplay is similiar to the latest TR titles of Crystal Dynamics.

The controls are direct and precise. And after five classic and three modern titles of TR this reboot was necessary. And it succeeded! Lara is scared, she freezes and killing is not easy for her in the beginning. But that bothers the fluent (combat) gameplay later on. Fights are not that much like in Uncharted where it was sometimes very annoying. Tomb Raider is the perfect mix between exploration, climbing, running and jumping and fighting. She has to learn many things like close combat moves. She finds salvage in order to upgrade her weapons (which is very authentic because you don't get any fancy M16 rather than a full taped AK which looks kind of improvised.

The voice acting is stunning. I'm from Germany and played it in English. Since English isn't my native language it might different to an English speaker, but I think it is just great (the German voice overs are very good, too, but I do really like that British accent, especially when women speak like that ).

So in conclusion you got a lot of action, a lot of exploration and climbing, an intense atmosphere and story driven game with great cutscenes, awesome graphics. There is simply nothing wrong with this game.

The only downside I could find is the easy difficulty. I play games on normal because I don't that much of a challenge and just want to enjoy the game and its story without being stuck at the loading screens. But in this game I set the difficulty on hard because finding so much ammo is simply too easy (you get never in situation were you run out of it, you even get perks to get more ammo and IF you run out you just take another of your four weapons).

But this is not that bad and may suits less talented players very well in order to enjoy this great piece of art.

1. Jun 10, 2013
    The new incarnation of the iconic Lara Craft might very well be one of the best games out there right now. [April 2013]
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    Everything you could want from an archeological adventure, except having to press six keys to mantle. [Apr 2013, p.80]
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    While not every promising idea Tomb Raider has is pulled off successfully, it nevertheless turns in a tense and memorable ride that combines modern game design with its forebears’ adventurous spirit in some exciting ways. Some of its missteps may well come at the cost of your enjoyment, but most can’t hope to hurt the adventure in the long run. Although it never fully finds its identity, this is a game and a story worth seeing through.