8.5

1. Mar 18, 2015
    Terrible game and this is NOT a Tomb Raider! It has nothing to do with the tomb raider gameplay and is a kill fest with hordes of enemies. I think tomb raider lore is Dead :(
  2. Mar 7, 2015
    A game which plays itself. I'm a huge fan of games where the player has full control of the gameplay, possibly over the story too and this game (mostly interactive animation) is the exact opposite.

Story is a complete joke: you're stranded with your archaelogical team on a supposedly desert island which turns out being filled with rogue assassins which you'll have to kill one by one... originality and deepness are completely lacking on this compartment. Not to mention character developing or insight: is Lara Croft a screaming and crying helpless girl or a cold-blood killer who one-man (woman) slaughters the population of an entire island? She cannot be both, just saying.
    Not to mention that after a few hours I really got tired of Lara's continous panting, gulping and crying, you don't do that if you're in danger, you don't make any noise, think rationally and survive (or, well, you can also cry and scream, get cought and die)

Gameplay is what disappointed me the most. Most of gameplay time (I'm not kidding, it's like a bit over 50%) you don't actually play. Instead you're offered cutscenes ending up in QUICK-TIME EVENTS and death... let me explain, when I see a cinematic/cutscene starting, I usually let my hands rest a bit, sit back and enjoy. Having QTEs on everything took back even that little enjoyment and relax I could get from watching graphically stunning cutscenes.
    Also just to add more, I didn't like how character turning animation/response worked, mice are not analogic levers.

Now, on the technical compartment, graphic is stunning and music and effects are really good too. Same goes for photography, camera on cutscenes is always where it should be to get the best visual effect.
    Also, graphic is extremely well optimized so you actually need average-to-low specs to achieve stunning graphical results.

So, if you like graphically stunning interactive cutscene manslaughter and you don't care what your character name is, you may like this game. Don't even think of buying it if you ever played one of the first tomb raiders, this will ruin your past experience even if it was a bad one.
  3. Feb 7, 2015
    Wasn't expecting the game to be as good as it was. Great customization and story; I never was fond of a female protagonist but Lara Croft is definitely very fun to "play" with :)
  4. Jan 27, 2015
    This was nothing like Tomb Raider, this reboot ruined the once good franchise for me will not buy another one of their games I may still play them I may still have them but after getting crapped on with this garbage no thanks.
  5. Jan 27, 2015
    I suppose I enjoyed this game enough. The visuals are stunning, of course, and the gameplay is fine, BUT! This is not Tomb Raider. This is a cover shooter/adventure game that gives up 75% of the mechanics (and 90% of the puzzles) that made Tomb Raider what it was. For the first half of the game, the QTEs do outnumber the puzzles quite heavily, but even when there are "puzzles" they'reI suppose I enjoyed this game enough. The visuals are stunning, of course, and the gameplay is fine, BUT! This is not Tomb Raider. This is a cover shooter/adventure game that gives up 75% of the mechanics (and 90% of the puzzles) that made Tomb Raider what it was. For the first half of the game, the QTEs do outnumber the puzzles quite heavily, but even when there are "puzzles" they're really quite obvious. The game technically is open-world, but unfortunately there's no meaning to this, as the gameplay itself is almost completely linear.

Pros:
    Facemelting graphics
    Some semblance of leveling/upgrade system

Cons:
    QTEs abound
    Even more linear than originals despite open-world facade
    Movement kind of dumbed down, doesn't feel like Tomb Raider

Meh:
    Combat/cover system
    Story

The verdict:
    Despite not really having anything to do with the original series, this game did very well commercially and I'm hoping that the devs breathe new life from the old series into the sequel. Buy it on Steam when it's on sale for $5 to make that happen!
  6. Jan 26, 2015
    Graphics: 8/10
    Scenario: 8/10
    Storyline : 8/10
    Multiplayer : 8/10

I never played a Tomb Raider game before this one. But this one I can say that is amazing.
  7. Jan 23, 2015
    This game is stunningly outstanding if you like shooting people down and exploring areas.

PROS
    -Outstanding graphics
    -Amazing Story
    -Fun combat/controls

CONS
    -Boring chunks of the game
  8. Jan 17, 2015
    the story play out like a interactive movie, the graphics on pc even at highest setting were dated, the combat mechanics are like your average action game with god like ai that will know where you are even if they should'nt , some of the puzzles were frustrating(due to dated graphic's), I picked this up for 5 bucks on a steam sale and I cant complain really , the dev really poured theirthe story play out like a interactive movie, the graphics on pc even at highest setting were dated, the combat mechanics are like your average action game with god like ai that will know where you are even if they should'nt , some of the puzzles were frustrating(due to dated graphic's), I picked this up for 5 bucks on a steam sale and I cant complain really , the dev really poured their and soul into the game I commend them for that, so the story is good, , the rest im sorta mixed on though Expand
  9. Jan 12, 2015
    this movey is just all of its where the hipe is. the skunked lady is stubbey and can even evelry barely run through the tooms themslevles! i coldnt even pass the turtrotrital because she was so stubbeyt! i shut the game off after the part where because really? they had of to do the add that part of into the other game? it just discussed me bee and after 4:00 o' clock, *sigh"*...
  10. Jan 10, 2015
    One of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could everOne of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could ever realistically achieve without being Deus Ex. Expand
  11. Jan 6, 2015
    This game is so amazing. Every people around the world need to play this game.The game play is really fun. You fell playing tomb raider game. The history is really cool too. The characters of this game are so amazing to, you fell for them, mainly Laura.
  12. Jan 4, 2015
    Not a good Tomb Raider game. Barely a good action game.

What makes this entry into the franchise so lukewarm to me is that fact that it has removed the brain/soul/body of Lara Croft, and has replaced it with Nathan Drake in drag. The Brains were removed by way of taking puzzles out. There are a few to be found in this game, but they are easily bested and few and far between.
    Not a good Tomb Raider game. Barely a good action game.

The Brains were removed by way of taking puzzles out. There are a few to be found in this game, but they are easily bested and few and far between. Instead, we're given a world glued together by destructible set pieces that would make even Michael Bay say, "Bro, too much".

The Soul was removed by replacing it with a typical storyline. Lara and Co. are shipwrecked on an island full of murderous kidnappers. One of Lara's friends gets caught and is revealed to be the next mystical whozit of some cult on an isolated island, and Lara must overcome her fears to save herself, as well as her friend. Not even in the ballpark of gripping- firmly removed from the zip code of original.

The Body was extracted by taking Lara and make her look like a cross between a typical western action hero and Lightning from FF. Moving on from Lara's body, as mentioned before, the world feels completely set-piecey.

That pretty much speaks of this game: that every piece does not add up to a whole, but a bunch of little pieces packaged together in an admittedly gorgeous world.

I loved Lara. I thought if Angel of Darkness didn't turn me away from her, nothing would. But this Lara they've "re"introduced to us is nothing spectacular. She is pretty cookie cutter. She doesn't resemble the old hero, and this new one does not bring enough to the table to stand out as her own.

I'm curious to see how RoTR will work out. Will it be more in-you-face action, or will it actually bring some brains to the table, and give challenges that extend beyond shooting and QTE's.

This is not the TR I don't think anyone wanted. But I'm sure the Uncharted fans get a kick out of it.
  13. Jan 4, 2015
    What a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with havingWhat a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with having Lara´s Buns in your sight all the time, which might distract a little.

10/10 - would mash same key repeatedly again!
  14. Jan 1, 2015
    A perfectly adequate game, but not deserving of the hype. About as linear and scripted as it is possible to get, but that's ok. The story is decent, if a bit formulaic and predictable. There is at times too much rambo firefighting and arguably not quite enough tomb raiding. If I wanted firefights, I'd play CoD. When you do get round to tomb raiding, the puzzles lack variety are too similarA perfectly adequate game, but not deserving of the hype. About as linear and scripted as it is possible to get, but that's ok. The story is decent, if a bit formulaic and predictable. There is at times too much rambo firefighting and arguably not quite enough tomb raiding. If I wanted firefights, I'd play CoD. When you do get round to tomb raiding, the puzzles lack variety are too similar and a bit easy, almost HL2 easy. Fortunately, this port only has mild consolitis, yes there is the usual horrible checkpoint save system, but there is no mouse lag or acceleration. The graphics are clearly optimized for consoles (low res textures, dx9 etc), comparable to Far Cry 2 (from 2008). The quick time events (mash keyboard to survive) are a bit annoying sometimes. Get it in a Steam sale. Expand
  15. Dec 27, 2014
    Amazing...three quarters through this games, and it just keeps getting better, I've been gaming since Pong in 1978, and I've played thousands of games, This is dynamite, one of the best 3 games I've ever played. Got it for 10 bucks on Steam, best 10 bucks I've ever spent on entertainment.
  16. Dec 23, 2014
    As a long-time Tomb Raider fan, I had mixed feelings about this game.

Pros *Amazing graphics *Pretty good storyline *Some interesting environments to explore Cons *Too many cut scenes/quicktime events *Too much conflict and gore - I think I killed thousands of men. It got a little tedious after a while. *There is hardly any actual tomb raiding - this is an option but not part
    As a long-time Tomb Raider fan, I had mixed feelings about this game.

Pros
    *Amazing graphics
    *Pretty good storyline
    *Some interesting environments to explore

Cons
    *Too many cut scenes/quicktime events
    *There is hardly any actual tomb raiding - this is an option but not part of the main game and these were simple and boring.
    *Not enough variety in the environment - they all began to feel the same - muddy mucky shanty towns. I miss the beautiful rainforests and crumbling ancient tombs of the old games.

Overall I did enjoy playing the game, but would prefer more tombs and less mindless killing in further versions.
  17. Dec 15, 2014
    This game has all the good things a good game requires:
    + Good story, actually impressed by the Solarii and the Stormguard, every detail was carefully planned and the game was more like a movie to watch and enjoy. I loved it.
    + A lot of achievements to fill the game with so many hours of searching. + The Challenges are very difficult to find, I've spent a lot of time on this. + Strong
    This game has all the good things a good game requires:
    + A lot of achievements to fill the game with so many hours of searching.
    + The Challenges are very difficult to find, I've spent a lot of time on this.
    + Strong characters with different personalities and conflicts.
    + Overall great graphics and a semi "open-world" map.

The only cons I have are:
    - There is no achievement regardless of the difficulty level. I'd really like to show my efforts to play this on the hardest difficulty.
    - A lot of achievements are multiplayer-only and I don't really like the cooperative mode. I'd be playing COD or something else. Tomb Raider has been always a singe-player game.
    - The tombs were not so difficult. I'd like to see more challenging puzzles.

Overall this is an awesome game and I've finished it several times.
  18. Dec 13, 2014
    Visually stunning and great concept that fell through on execution. The characters are flat, the control and camera angles are pretty poor. It's not so much as you're playing a game as trying to navigate through a poorly designed mini game in between cut scenes.
  19. Dec 6, 2014
    Tomb Raider is a fantastic game, filled with adventure and exploration. Even though it has limited replay value, the gameplay is simply excellent.

1. Graphics: 9/10 - detailed and fantastic 2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls, and natural and fluid character animation make gameplay satisfying. Also, players can approach encounters as they see fit - stealth or all-out assault. Excellent.

1. Graphics: 9/10 - detailed and fantastic
    3. Story: 7/10 - interesting story, but rather simple.

Overall, an amazing game.
  20. Nov 27, 2014
    A cinematic experience with enjoyable game mechanics, Tomb Raider is definitely worth the time put into it.
    Story flows along a linear and well scripted path. Graphics are quite good but personally I had a fair amount of crashes (I think because of my Nvidia card when the game is calibrated towards AMD).

Excellent game worthy of a steam sale purchase :)
  21. Nov 21, 2014
    In a world where grind and meaningless slaughter is ke, Tomb Raider is a bit of fresh air. It has a deeply immersive atmosphere, beautiful scenery and the kind of story that gives meaning to your every action to such an extent that it is easy to feel alongside Lara the urge to survive.
  22. Nov 20, 2014
    Made an account on metacritic just to put this up here.
    This game has only two flaws - the game is a bit too easy, even on Hard difficulty I only died during battles if I played sloppy or was trying to do fancy kills.
    Made an account on metacritic just to put this up here.
    The second problem is - even if it's a long game but I wish it was longer! I enjoyed every single minute of it and afterwards I was left with a somewhat empty feeling. This is a must buy!
  23. Nov 8, 2014
    I ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara startsI ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara starts verbally taunting enemies and is fully confident in her abilities. Unfortunately, she's the only real character in this game- the rest are cookie-cutter stereotypes pulled from any other genre. Is this game just a ripoff of Uncharted? Maybe- the only thing that sets it apart is the upgrading system of weapons, where your weapons can pick up new and interesting powers along the course of the game. You can level up lara herself, but this is much less interesting- you end up getting lots of powers you could care less about and don't really use that often. Luckily, the gun upgrades are a bit more meaningful. I found the gunplay in this game to be highly satisfying, if only because I enjoyed challenging myself by using the bow much more than I used any other weapon. Finally, the ending to this game is honestly the greatest moment in gaming I've experienced this year. It was worth all the hours I put into beating the single player (only 11 hours) in order to reach the one climactic moment. I recommend this game to just about anyone interested in a mature journey (last note: there were quite a few F-bombs in this game, so be aware if you're sensitive to things like that). Expand
  24. Nov 1, 2014
    One of the best games i ever played. Finally a Tomb Raider game for grown-ups.
    Graphics, sound & atmosphere are immersive...like playing an interactive action/thriller movie.
    Ayebos Rating: 9 out of 10.
  25. Oct 25, 2014
    I never played Tomb Raider series before...but, this one is a damn real good game! really love it! the graphics, story, game play, interface, the characters (i love how they make Lara Croft so beautiful here) just so awesome! good job Square Enix! can't wait for the next installment.
  26. Oct 23, 2014
    I find it interesting that people either love or hate this game, and even the reviews of the reviews are mostly split down the middle. I loved this game, and I have have been playing Tomb Raider since the first one in 1996. I still remember when you would walk into EB Games or CompUSA and see Tomb Raider boxes lining the walls. Anyway, I know the argument that this is not like aI find it interesting that people either love or hate this game, and even the reviews of the reviews are mostly split down the middle. I loved this game, and I have have been playing Tomb Raider since the first one in 1996. I still remember when you would walk into EB Games or CompUSA and see Tomb Raider boxes lining the walls. Anyway, I know the argument that this is not like a traditional Tomb Raider game where you start a mission right at the tomb entrance and spend the next few hours trying to solve a bunch of puzzles and perform death-defying acrobatics to get through it. I think Crystal Dynamics proved they could make that kind of Tomb Raider game and did it exceptionally well with Legend/Anniversary/Underworld. They also showed they could make an excellent platformer with Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light. So next they took on the challenge of rebooting the series for the next generation and I think they succeeded. They could have easily just made another Tomb Raider in the mold of the previous titles, but then I imagine they would have been accused of being unoriginal and just producing more of the same. So they took a chance to make a different kind of game, and when you do that you are going to get beat up a little too, but I think the reward is worth it.

The Tomb Raider reboot screams quality, everything from the graphics to the cinematics, the action, game mechanics, story, map design, combat, interface, and the number of things you can do in the game. It kept me engaged the whole time, and I really was invested in Lara and her growth as a character. Yes, it does feel like you are in a movie at times, but in a good way, and I did not mind the QTEs for the most part, I thought they generally flowed very well. At its best, Tomb Raider is spectacular and exhilarating.

Gameplay was mostly very enjoyable. I liked the addition of the axe climbing and attaching rope lines with your arrows. I didn't miss the wall running (there were times I hated it in Anniversary), but I was disappointed that they removed pole swinging, a staple of past Tomb Raiders (there are times when she swings on a pole to the next ledge, but its automatic). For the first time in a Tomb Raider, there is fun combat where you actually have to aim and shoot. My only issue is that they overdid it at times, and made it feel like you were playing Call of Duty more than Tomb Raider. The scene that immediately comes is in Shanty Town, where Lara is on a platform with waves of spawning enemies coming at her. It felt completely out of place for a Tomb Raider game. It would have been much better if they had placed enemies throughout the map to give you the option of engaging them or stealthing past them, which fits more with the kind of character that Lara is.

As for the tombs, yes, they are simple one room affairs. Most are pretty clever, though, and no one is making you press the survival instinct key to get a hint. Now that Lara's back story has been told, I am hoping that in her next adventure the emphasis will again be on the actual tomb raiding, and we will see longer and more elaborate tombs for her to explore and solve. The maps in the game are full of clever touches, and while I have finished 90% of the game, there are still a few places that I am trying to figure out how to get to.

I thoroughly enjoyed Tomb Raider, and look forward to the next one.
  27. Oct 23, 2014
    Amazing game. Everything about this game screams quality. Visuals are stunning, sound effects are amazing and the storyline is immersive. Definitely one of the best games of it's generation.
  28. Oct 14, 2014
    When you're actually allowed to play, the game is pretty fun. The problem is they have this nasty habit of throwing in awful QTEs all over the place, some of which just require flat out memorization of the sequence to get through. I'm docking points for that alone, because they should have known better.
  29. sft
    Oct 13, 2014
    A raider reborn

A raider reborn

I thoroughly enjoyed this game (this is the first TR game I’ve played so I can’t compare it with Lara’s previous outings) and, a few gripes aside, it deserves a place in my current top 10. Visually, this game is very striking. It also has a pretty good AI and enjoyable combat. The voice acting is good, and the storyline, despite being conventional, is better than average. The mix of exploration, puzzle-solving, combat, and parkour-style platforming is well-balanced and satisfying and gives the game a much broader scope than most. A couple of the QTEs are annoying, but on the whole the set-pieces are well choreographed, impressively designed, and fun to complete. The save system is also a little frustrating, especially if you happen to mistime a jump halfway between checkpoints (sadly us PC gamers are used to this). Overall TOMB RAIDER is an impressive example of excellent game design and is immensely enjoyable to play.

4.5/5
  30. Oct 10, 2014
    I picked this up on sale and to be honest it's absolutely brilliant. I had TR:Underworld and hated it, but this is a completely different animal. It looks incredible, the gameplay is smooth and nowhere near as annoying as old TR games and the story was great. I loved Tomb Raider from start to finish.
  31. Oct 8, 2014
    Hacia tiempo que no jugaba a un juego que me embriaga de esta manera, la historia, el gameplay el meta-gameplay, esa mezcla de aventura, exploración, shooter y survival; y haciéndose herramienta de un motor gráfico sin el cual contar esa historia no hubiese sido lo mismo.

El diseño de entornos te hace creer que estás en un sitio real, no en uno diseñado, sino una recreación de localizaciones y eventos reales, me sorprendo a mi mismo continuamente observando el entorno, sorprendido ante su magia y su belleza, y las ruinas tan llenas de vida y a la vez tan muertas, que te hacen pensar que una vez allí hubo una población viviendo e imaginas su forma de vida, sus costumbres, la inmersión es total.

El juego es muy fluido y nunca consideras que lo que estás haciendo es relleno ni nada por el estilo, hay algunas opiniones de gente que dice que es una película interactiva, deben haber pirateado el juego y jugar 15 minutos, al principio tienen mucho que presentar y parece un poco película, pero solo es una introducción, después es jugar y jugar y nunca te cansas, le he echado 18 horas en difícil para hacerlo al 70% porque no me gusta ir volviendo atrás para hacer el 100%, y esas 18 horas han sido en menos de una semana, estaba deseando llegar del trabajo y darle caña y es que nunca te cansas, desde que era niño no había sido capaz de estar más de dos horas seguidas jugando, y este juego lo ha conseguido.

Poco más que decir, lo importante es jugarlo, y cualquier persona que le gusten los videojuegos deben jugar a este, Crystal Dinamycs ha hecho un gran trabajo y se merecen más ventas de las que ya tienen, así que ya sabéis.
  32. Sep 30, 2014
    No, it is not what made the "Tomb Raider" series great. It is not the very good TR1, let alone the amazing TR2. The character in TR2013 just has the name Lara Croft. Names sell.
    But TR2013 is a good game in itself. The graphics are still outstanding, despite being already a year old. The skin, the movement and the landscape sometimes come relatively close to the Final Fantasy movie.
    Basically, you explore, run, jump, kill. There are some quicktime events, too, but not too much and not insanely difficult. With autosave and mostly fair design, the game normally is not frustrating but doable. The gameplay is not completely linear. Sure, you normally go from area to area, but in the area itself you sometimes have to find your way, especially when you have to use your equipment (hook, arrows etc.). In TR2, the huge areals where pretty demanding (and satisfying). TR2013 is a lot easier now, but it is fun nevertheless.
    At the end of the day, the mix works.
  33. Sep 20, 2014
    While I don't normally like reboots that involve the "dark and gritty" treatment I think in the case of Tomb Raider it works in its favour. The game still manages to capture the essence of the 1996 original while still being an origin story chronicling Lara Croft's traumatic journey as she survives on a dangerous island. The plot is good, the gameplay is good, the graphics are good, theWhile I don't normally like reboots that involve the "dark and gritty" treatment I think in the case of Tomb Raider it works in its favour. The game still manages to capture the essence of the 1996 original while still being an origin story chronicling Lara Croft's traumatic journey as she survives on a dangerous island. The plot is good, the gameplay is good, the graphics are good, the voice acting is good, the music is good; there's not really much to fault with this game. And just when I was starting to lose my faith in AAA titles... Expand
  34. Sep 20, 2014
    I bought this game in the Steam summer sales for 5€. After completing it, I can say it was totally worth much more than that. I have never been a Tomb Raider fan (played a couple of games several years ago, but I don't remember a lot from them). The story is just awesome the only thing that feels weird is that the "transformation" of Lara from innocent to what she becomes looks a bit tooI bought this game in the Steam summer sales for 5€. After completing it, I can say it was totally worth much more than that. I have never been a Tomb Raider fan (played a couple of games several years ago, but I don't remember a lot from them). The story is just awesome the only thing that feels weird is that the "transformation" of Lara from innocent to what she becomes looks a bit too fast. The gameplay was good (in my first playthrough I only found a couple of bugs). The sound is one of the best things of the game, it almost makes you feel like you are there with Lara.
    The game is not long, but it will take you about 15 hours to complete (if you take at least some of the secondaries)
    Definetly one of the best adventure games I've ever played
  35. Sep 13, 2014
    This game falls on the repetitive at points with it's cover shoot mechanics and gunplay but overall leads to an enjoyable experience. Visually it's a beautiful game with it's several inside and outside environments showcasing some pleasant graphics and wonderful scenery.

The story is enjoyable but rather plain and uninteresting and the characters fail to grasp you in anyway, leaving a slightly empty feeling in terms of character development. The voice acting is nothing above average but it doesn't impact on the game too heavily overall and the character of Lara Croft is decently played.

The best aspect of this game is how much progress it shows gaming has made in terms of female representation and Tomb Raider 2013 is a brilliant example of it, this game is more revolutionary in terms of Feminism in gaming than design and that is why I have rated it as high as I have. Despite it's flaws this game is a good step forward.
  36. Sep 3, 2014
    Like quick-time events? Goofy cutscenes? Button mashing? Over-the-top gore? This game is for you!
    Like pathfinding and puzzle-solving to gain access to... you know... tombs? You probably want to buy something else.
    Very pretty game with some nicely designed big maps, but gameplay is uninspired at best, and annoying as hell at worst. Combat and movement is laggy while the camera jerks around wildly. Very linear in many sections, and the hand-holding for the console kiddies (despite being a very rated M game) is blatant. Tacked-on terrible multiplayer is worth nothing. Single-player campaign has little to no replay value.
    It's amazing how much good content manages to shine through this though, and ultimately it's a mildly entertaining diversion - for those that can stomach its glaring problems.
  37. Aug 30, 2014
    A great return to modern gaming for this beloved franchise. The game has great action and platforming however does become slight Quick Time and Cut scene heavy through out.
    Very similar of playing this to the Batman Arkham games.

However plenty of positive here and one of the better games of this year.
  38. Aug 22, 2014
    Excellent. However, it may feel repetitive at times but that doesn't take away anything from this beautifully crafted game. The only reason I shave-off a point here is because of the plethora of cut-scenes involved. All in all, a superb reboot to the franchise with an engrossing back-story. Disappointed with the Xbox One exclusivity of the sequel though.
  39. Aug 18, 2014
    I give a 10 because it brings a fresh gameplay ^^ Graphisms are great too :) I don't have so much time to play and I like the fact that there is things collectable, little hunt, little fights. You fall deeply in the gameplay. It's really not that hard even in difficult mode.

The story seems good. The actors voices are really nice. I've read others review and even it's short, it gives you a good feeling. Actually I have fun ^^
  40. Aug 18, 2014
    A decently entertaining ride.

Tomb Raider (2013) is a full-on reboot that sets up an entirely new origin story and introduces a new version of Lara Croft. And I have to say, this version of Lara is better than the overtly sexualized vixens in prior titles. The premise is fairly well set up. Your ship is sunk in a typhoon and you and other survivors are stranded on this mysterious
    A decently entertaining ride.

The premise is fairly well set up. Your ship is sunk in a typhoon and you and other survivors are stranded on this mysterious island. Cliche? Sure. But it doesn't mean it's bad. It does a good job of setting up the atmosphere of the game.

The graphics are extremely good, especially if you've got the hardware muscle to efficiently render the GPU-punishing TressFX feature (dynamic hair physics simulation). With TressFX, Lara's hair is arguably the best hair of any game. But I digress... The environments and atmospheric effects are top notch, and character models are well made. Particle and physics effects are also very good. Granted if you have the hardware to back it all up.

Gameplay is... decent. The gunplay and stealth aspects are solid in their own right, but the presence of the hated quick-time events dampen the experience by a fairly significant margin, considering the over-abundance of QTE's in the game.

In general though, Tomb Raider is a great reboot of the franchise that honestly improves upon it, but perhaps in order to appeal to the current mainstream gamers, quick-time events have made a comeback...
  41. Aug 16, 2014
    One of the best games of all time! For me, it is definately in the TOP 5. The only reason i don't give it exactly the No.1 rank, is i'm originally a strategy fan, and there is a Starcraft 2, and a Heroes of might and magic III, V, and the evergreen Warcraft III. As a TPS, it's No.1.
  42. Aug 13, 2014
    Wonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the gameWonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the game may be a little on the easy side as far as bosses are concerned. Another aspect that may disappoint hard core Tomb Raider fans are the puzzles are a little bit too easy and unimaginative but I had an easy time forgiving that given the rest of the game is just fantastic. Expand
  43. Aug 11, 2014
    I am an old school Tomb Raider fan and have finished most of the old TR games. Technically the game is amazing and really had the potential to become a great TR. Sadly some critical aspects of it ruined the experience. First and foremost the game is holding all the time the player's hand telling him what to do, where to go etc. which comes in complete contrast with the original TR spirit.I am an old school Tomb Raider fan and have finished most of the old TR games. Technically the game is amazing and really had the potential to become a great TR. Sadly some critical aspects of it ruined the experience. First and foremost the game is holding all the time the player's hand telling him what to do, where to go etc. which comes in complete contrast with the original TR spirit. And this is only the beginning. The game is overloaded with hundreds of QT E's making it look more like a movie rather than a game and also there are no puzzles at all. And finally this is an overwhelmingly brutal game, feature that I didn't really enjoy. I was definitely expecting a lot more from this game. In my opinion this is a very good game but NOT a Tomb Raider game. Expand
  44. Aug 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not too bad of a game. The gameplay for the most part is good and the story is good too. I think lara's transition from afraid of killing people to lady rambo was a little too abrupt. Also I think they could have cut down on all of the unnecessary "mash e to do this" qtes. Other than that its good and i recommend getting it on a sale. Expand
  45. Aug 2, 2014
    A good, well told and sober storyline. A lot of cut scenes, but well placed, I think. It makes you get more involved, more interested somehow. The way the story is told and presented to you is just amazing.
    Amazing graphics, physics and a fair sound.
    And the most important, and the most neglected matters in most other games: Fun and challenge. come on folks. It' a game. That's all
    Amazing graphics, physics and a fair sound.
    And the most important, and the most neglected matters in most other games:
    Fun and challenge.
    come on folks. It' a game. That's all about that, fun and challenge... always were. And this new Tomb Raider have a fair amount of both.
    People should remember that it's a reset in Tomb Raider franchising. With new developers, new writers, new studio... it's the first game (we hope) that attempts to please a very faithful and passionate legion of fans. It may seems exaggerated here and there, lacking a little something sometimes... but OVERALL it's a pretty damn good game, with many thing to improve, we have to admit, but it's still great.
  46. Jul 31, 2014
    After the excellent 1st and 2nd TR in the late 90's I'm coming back to Tomb Raider series after 15 long years and I'm happy to announce that this reboot is very well done in almost every way. Yes, there are some minor annoyances typical for modern games, like QTE, but it's not as bad to be able to destroy your experience here. Other than that I was happy with most things presented in thisAfter the excellent 1st and 2nd TR in the late 90's I'm coming back to Tomb Raider series after 15 long years and I'm happy to announce that this reboot is very well done in almost every way. Yes, there are some minor annoyances typical for modern games, like QTE, but it's not as bad to be able to destroy your experience here. Other than that I was happy with most things presented in this title, visuals, locations, weapons, gameplay, story. If all reboots were of this quality, this world would be a better place. 8/10 Expand
  47. Jul 29, 2014
    Best adventure action game I ever played so far. Graphics is so amazing using WQHD resolution, control is great, story is engaging, refreshing to see Lara in different attitude than self confident adventurer. Intense combat and sufficient puzzle to solve. Despite its returning to similar location but never reuse same route... satisfactory purchase and game completion...
  48. Jul 24, 2014
    Tomb Raider it's the best game I ever played and I play many games. It has stunning graphics, one of the best campains/story line ever, very good gameplay, and the best of all is when you finish the game prety much free rom and it has multiplayer what is awesome.
  49. Jul 23, 2014
    Will start from the beginning...
    Will start from the beginning...
    First of all I tried many TR game before, but none of them interested me, I mean they was not my style, genre games, so wasn't expect that will like this game too. But I purchased it (one good man recomended it to me) and after finishing some chapters/missions I noticed that game takes me in and takes me deep inside, yes exactly. First time I played female character and feel myself as a main character, every thing around is taking you deep in to its world, cutscenes that synchronously moving in action and vice versa are making you part of all the actions inside, like you are in movie, like you are part of the movie, very beautiful and atmospheric world around you that smoothly changes from peaceful right up to the horror, makes realistic and deep feelings, every thing there is hostile but beautifully calming, whole world is against you here. Didn't expect see so many genre in so harmonious union with each other - Atmospheric, Adventure, Puzzle, Quest, Action, Stealth, Horror, H&S, Survival all with some kind of RPG elements spanning you in after every moment. Game is very active for what I was expecting from Tomb Raider game.
    For me TR becomes one of the best games that I ever played before, I didn't expect so deep and fun gameplay, but one negative thing that I didn't like in, is that game is way too easy for hard mode, but it have its good part too - you can relax and enjoy its deep, interesting and fun gameplay. (It's more like Movie for me more than Game, but anyway as I say before "it's one of the best games I ever played" or "movie I ever watched" ..? Shortly, who cares, it's great so don't miss it).
    Game for me is 10/10, really big + to Developers.
    Also can say that game have quite good optimization, also looks great on tweaked settings.
    One more interesting thing that I find here was Multiplayer very fun, dynamic and action, but sometimes it have a little problems in finding matches, but more often match starts in 20 sec.
    So worth it, game is really Great-Super-Amazing...
    Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English.
  50. Jul 19, 2014
    About as much of a gaming experience as the original Dragons Lair for Amiga. Mostly a bunch of quick time events is used to let you do things and the camera is locked. Seems like they really rather wanted to make another Tomb Raider movie, but were forced to make a "game".
  51. Jul 17, 2014
    Giving this a Ten, just for all of the extra detail that has gone into this game.
    Extra graphics details in the environments, extra animations and, particularly, the detailed sound.
    All of these little extras all add to the atmosphere, and that has been missing from most games for too long now.
  52. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I admit that in the first place this isn't really my cup of tea, but it had such high ratings on IGN I selected it as one of my free games to come with my XFX video card. You don't play this game, this game plays you. Like most of the other negative reviews, the cut scene / quick time events of this game make far less than enjoyable. I got to a scene where Ms. Tomb Raider is supposed to sneak past a bunch of baddies who are searching for her by keeping to waist level walls as cover, she gets discovered by the head baddie and you have to hit the quick time event just right to survive, I didn't get past this point before giving up on the game, it was the last straw, too many deaths to simple mistakes in QTE are not learning and not fun.

The plot seems like a direct rip off of Far Cry 3, but with a really crappy game engine. Sure glad this game was free, though I wish I had picked something else.
  53. Jul 15, 2014
    Lara emerges as a more innocent, beautiful and younger than the previous games and the game's beauty fascinates us, we will able to see Lara's personal changes by the time and it will be in our control.
  54. Jul 12, 2014
    The game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games soThe game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games so i can't compare. As a game all together it I've really enjoyed it. I can only think anyone that's given it a bad rep are developers other companies. Expand
  55. Jul 12, 2014
    Not the Tomb Raider game that I was expecting, but since it was more a reboot than a revisiting of the original ideas, maybe turning this game into an Uncharted clone was a fair choice. It still has very good moments where the exploration of the levels is very well performed, but so many combats and annoying quick time events just ruin the rest of the experience. Apart from this, the plotNot the Tomb Raider game that I was expecting, but since it was more a reboot than a revisiting of the original ideas, maybe turning this game into an Uncharted clone was a fair choice. It still has very good moments where the exploration of the levels is very well performed, but so many combats and annoying quick time events just ruin the rest of the experience. Apart from this, the plot is promising at the beginning, but it ends being a bad joke, so don't take this game too seriously. Expand
  56. Jul 7, 2014
    Tomb Raider has an intense story followed by great game mechanics and fluidity.
    It has a good mixture of combat, puzzling and cinematics. All this combined with appealing graphics.
  57. Jul 6, 2014
    I really want to give this game an 8. But the camera shake in INSANE! Make me throw up. I really wonder if they have a QA team on this. I really love everything else about the game. Beautiful environments, story, fighting engine. But Jeez. Can't enjoy it when I spend half the day recovering in bed from the nausea caused by the stupid camera tracking and shake. I had to close my eyes duringI really want to give this game an 8. But the camera shake in INSANE! Make me throw up. I really wonder if they have a QA team on this. I really love everything else about the game. Beautiful environments, story, fighting engine. But Jeez. Can't enjoy it when I spend half the day recovering in bed from the nausea caused by the stupid camera tracking and shake. I had to close my eyes during cut scenes just to prevent myself from turning green for god's sake. Darksiders II suffered the same issue too. It's' such a pity really. Expand
  58. Jul 5, 2014
    Absolutely gorgeous graphics, and a stunning, creative environment that combines Japanese architecture and design, Russian mercenaries, scrapyard structures and a chilling series of halls, temples and chambers that evoke the very best sense of eeriness found in the Indiana Jones films. Combat is satisfactory, and the puzzles are underwhelming at best, but this game tells a story and doesAbsolutely gorgeous graphics, and a stunning, creative environment that combines Japanese architecture and design, Russian mercenaries, scrapyard structures and a chilling series of halls, temples and chambers that evoke the very best sense of eeriness found in the Indiana Jones films. Combat is satisfactory, and the puzzles are underwhelming at best, but this game tells a story and does to was stunning visual effects. Expand
  59. Jul 1, 2014
    Tomb Raider is a modern and well graphic designed game. Inspired on adventure and surviving games, it achieves all the expectations of the players! I liked it very much. The story and the plot are awesome! Don´t hesitate to play it!
  60. Jul 1, 2014
    Alan Wake makes similar titles like this seem like poor relatives. Yes i exaggerate a bit.
    Ok, Tomb Raider is a good game with appealing story and intense movie like feeling but it doesn't make any step forward to any sector.
    It's worth a 9/10 because it's one of the most complete titles that makes everything very good. Almost perfect but nothing perfect.
  61. Jun 28, 2014
    First of all, don't know why everyone's complaining about the QTEs. Outside of the intro I found them varied and sparse. Even in the intro I thought they were tastefully done.

But regardless, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a really long time. Pros: Strong lead w/ good voice acting, absolutely stunning visuals (on PC anyways), tight fluid controls, and great

Pros: Strong lead w/ good voice acting, absolutely stunning visuals (on PC anyways), tight fluid controls, and great animations. Story is a tad predictable but good and engaging nonetheless. Very well done combat. Every weapon has it's situation and later in the game you'll be switching weapons on the fly to overcome the fights. One especially nice moment was after you get your grenade launcher, something Lara yells at the enemies made me smile so much.

I can't get over how well Lara handles animation wise. It's just so... meaty and well done.

No game is without it's flaws so

Cons:
    Some of the voice acting is a little bland, but not enough to take you out of the moment. Outside of the journals I wasn't very compelled to grab the collectables. It is a little funny to hear Lara's nerdy gushing over an ancient artifact in the middle of a gunfight though. Half of the game is on the rails w/ some exploration thrown in there. That might be a con or a pro depending on the person. Regardless it was tastefully done, and the optional tombs more than made up for the more scripted moments.

If you like action games it's a must buy. At the risk of pissing off some fanboys, it's like Uncharted, but better.
  62. Jun 26, 2014
    I bought this game for a measly £3.74 on a steam sale the other day and I am VERY impressed. I was never really into the tomb raider series, after the boob hype from the first game, but I can't recommend this game enough.
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb) AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz) 8gb ram (Valueram) SSD gaming drive My
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb)
    AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz)
    8gb ram (Valueram)
    SSD gaming drive
    My PC is decent, but could be a lot better. I'm used to having the choice between the best graphics and stutter free experience, but this game gave me both. I jumped straight into the game on 'Ultimate' settings expecting to have to turn the settings down but I didn't have to touch them. Gameplay is always smooth, loading screens very short, and the graphics are sublime. This is hands down the best performance/graphics tradeoff I've seen in a game. Metro: Last Light may have been prettier (if that's the right term to describe a post-apocalyptic scene), but it couldn't match the performance of Tomb Raider at any graphics settings.
    After getting into the game and admiring the graphics, however, the next thing that struck me was the story-telling. The first hour or so is a very linear experience, with a gradual introduction to key gameplay mechanics and an unfolding of the basic story that these mechanics are telling. It's not giving anything away to say that you start off as a fairly meek young girl, but the evolution into a hero is executed masterfully. Not too quick so as to become meaningless, nor too slow as to become tedious. Before too long you are equipped with the skill-set required to traverse the island in a dynamic and fun way, and the story entwines with your progression through the island in a way that makes each area a meaningful addition to the game.
    Atmosphere also deserves a mention because, while you gradually become able to master some of the scenes that you find yourself in, my own experience was that I always felt like a visitor to that island. But that is certainly not a bad thing. This is a game that makes you creep round corners in fear of disturbing an unknown setting. My own play-style was one that meant I preferred to weigh up an area before jumping into it, and this game was really well crafted for that. That may not be everyone's cup of tea but if it is then you won't be disappointed by the reward you feel by having assessed a situation correctly. The puzzles, or hidden tombs, are perfect examples of this. While not particularly difficult, you cannot just storm into them without paying attention to your surroundings and expect to win. You need to look around, understand your scenario and maybe even do a bit of trial and error before passing them. The in-game rewards from these hidden tombs are paltry but the satisfaction for completing them (and the atmosphere of the tombs themselves) is enough to make them exceedingly worthwhile.
    The last thing that deserves a mention is character progression, which I felt was just right for an action game. The options for weapon mods and person skills are limited and the best skills are locked behind a 'you need x skills to unlock' tier system. Unless you storm through the game without doing any of the extra tombs, or miss all the salvage available, the likelihood is that you'll pick up most of the skills available in a fairly linear system. In an RPG, this would be a major downfall, but this is not an RPG and theory-crafting would not be welcome here. The skills you learn have a noticeable effect on gameplay but each only in a minor way. The game would not be broken if you choose not to pick up any skills, and on the flip-side, you are not a god by having them all.
    The major issue that people raise about the game is its linear nature, and it's a fair assessment. If that is a problem for you then you may not enjoy the game. But this game is about story and it unashamedly executes that story in a masterful way. You are at the helm of that story but you are not going to change it and this is not to everyone's taste, as can be seen from the negative comments here. A lot of games pretend to have choice in an ultimately linear experience (The Stanley Parable can be seen as an excellent commentary on this, as well as a more visceral commentary on gaming in general), rarely a game may actually present you with game-changing choices. Some of the strongest examples of gaming in recent years, however, recognise the potential to tell a particular story in computer games. Tomb Raider is one of the finest examples of this story-driven genre.
  63. Jun 18, 2014
    Terrible game, nothing really fun about it. Horrible physics, and basic, boring gun fights. Nothing very explorative about this game. This Lora isn't even attractive. Waste of money
  64. Jun 17, 2014
    The amount of things I didn't like about this game can not compare to the things I did like. I'm a big fan of female protagonist games, particularly action adventure games. I was never a big tomb raider fan however, but my god did they make this game blow. Past titles I've played in tomb raider have taken the cake compared to this.

Lara is significantly less badas* than ever before. And

Lara is significantly less badas* than ever before. And her main weapon of choice is the bow instead of dual handguns (who decided this I have no idea). There is no way a bow is cooler than twin pistols. You can't even use twin pistols in the game, which is what I believe to be her iconic weapon choice. It's just corn on the cob every which way in this game.

The combat in this game is well. It's boring. It's just like every other bad third person shooter game with absolutely zero substance. You don't feel in control of the character, you never get to do anything cool. Your dodge move is a fast crawl on the ground instead of a cartwheel or roll (unless you tap it twice then you roll, hurray?). The game is littered with QTE that punish you if you press the button too fast, you have to push it slower as if you had downs.

Sometimes the fights are unfair, one time I was in a throne room with enemies coming from all sides and I could only hide behind destructible pillars, while the enemies lobbed grenades and used machine guns. The pistol, not only was it discarded as her weapon of choice, but is also the worst weapon in the game and nearly completely unusable. The enemies come in droves of 20+ at a time, but only 4-6 can be on screen at once.

One of my biggest gripes is that only 4 corpses can be on screen at once. So if you kill 20 guys, you can only loot the four. Which forces you to scramble around like a mouse looting corpses mid fire fight if you want to collect the in game currency (which gets you nothing interesting btw). The entire leveling system is contrived and unnecessary (which is common of main stream titles these days).

Also to be noted your always in danger. You can't even climb a ladder without a strong gust of wind cracking it in half. You almost never feel safe when traversing the world. Although it's meant to be dramatic or something, sometimes my eyes roll when a 2000 year old temple waits for me to show up before crumbling apart, despite being the home of a cult of samurai for the past 1000 years.

Nearly everything is scripted. There are only 2 enemy models. Man and wolf. Later on you fight big man, and sometimes the enemies wear different types of armor (who cares). Was it too much to add a bear to the game, mountain lion, shark, or anything besides wolf and man. Even werewolf, a combining of the two might have been interesting. You just sit there fighting the same dudes with different armors and guns nearly the entire game, and it's incredibly boring.

The story is pretty much nonexistent. There isn't a single plot twist or particular development that matters. Within the first hour of the game you've figured it out. Evil island, Jackass Backstabber Friend, Sun Queen, bunch of guys who want to solve the plot in a completely illogical way.

A major theme is supposed to be survival. But survival is one thing, and killing an army with a wooden bow is a completely different story. The game introduces a ton of concepts and fails to deliver consistently on any of them. Combat, Platforming, Hunting, Survival, Tomb Raiding, blah blah, no single element shines in this game. It's just a mish mashed potato.

So lets wrap this up with what I did like about the game. I liked the fire temple level, it was very well scripted for a scripted sequence and pretty to look at. Most of the game is pretty to look at, and the environments and levels have an interesting design. It offered an average level of entertainment, but was ultimately boring.

So I'm giving this a 5. Because I didn't have fun playing this game but I managed to beat it anyways. I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did.

If your bored or are tomb raider fan it's worth picking up if you have spare change.
  65. Jun 16, 2014
    A great reboot to a franchise that desperately needed it.
    This game reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed mechanics mixed with a Far Cry theme and survival setting.
    A great reboot to a franchise that desperately needed it.
    Though the world was open to explore, the gameplay was linear and always pointed you to a specific place or direction. Not much to do aside from the base story other than collect the collectables that we are so fond of in games like these.
    However, what it delivered in the single player campaign was a quality, story-driven experience.
    The multiplayer is already completely dead. Could not manage to get into a multiplayer game after an hour of waiting on two different occasions.
  66. Jun 15, 2014
    此PC版使用的好像是介于上世代主机和次世代主机版本之间的中间版本,沿用了上世代主机的主要模型和材质,加入了次时代主机的部分效果,之所以这么做,我想是因为拿了主机厂商的提成吧?

但是很意外,上世代主机和PC版本的女主角比次世代的更好看! 游戏素质出人意料的优秀啊! 电影化的剧情流程,虽然剧情上小有瑕疵,不过整体上很有感染力。 简单硬派的动作设定:站在不平的地方脚的位置也随地形变化,做出防御动作时没有无敌时间,仍可能会被敌人的远程攻击打中,人物身上的挂件也是会根据重力等外界影响而摆动的。 缺点: QTE机械化。 收集品过多,大大影响游戏进展的流畅性。 武器装备升级过多,其中很多不够明显,升级过程中可能会用上新武器,扔掉旧武器(比如我觉得复合弓比竞赛弓更好看,却被直接替换了。),没有可选余地。

但是很意外,上世代主机和PC版本的女主角比次世代的更好看!

武器装备升级过多,其中很多不够明显,升级过程中可能会用上新武器,扔掉旧武器(比如我觉得复合弓比竞赛弓更好看,却被直接替换了。),没有可选余地。

某些成就过于复杂,一旦错过某个成就,就得重开存档才能完成,因为游戏通关后地图上敌人刷新极少(或许是不刷新了,敌人是一次性的。)。

有通关后的漫游模式,但是意义不大,敌人不怎么刷新了。没有章节或关卡分隔系统,一旦过关就不能选择重玩某一部分。
  67. Jun 14, 2014
    Após uma série de jogos com gráficos digamos que atrasados, tomb raider 2013 surpreende pelos gráficos e pela história bem trabalhados, tomb raider surpreende neste jogo.
  68. Jun 14, 2014
    The best tourism simulator ever made, and maybe one of the most giant hallway ever made in human's history.

But not only: 25 hours of QTE, cinematics, collectible items, explosions, fights, fire camp, survival instincts, QTE, explosions, arrows, items to collect, QTE, fire camp, DLC, explosions, fights, QTE and uff.. rolling credits.
  69. Jun 7, 2014
    All I will say is, LARA CROFT... EPIC GAME! The game-play is just amazing and the visuals are absolutely stunning...Very very pleased with my purchase of this game!
  70. Jun 5, 2014
    The game is visually stunning with tons of aesthetic ambience, the setting treated as a character is highly developed. Lara is well designed, fun to play, smart and without those awful stigmas from older games.
    But the game is full of AWFUL quick time events and difficulty spikes that are misplaced and unbalanced which drag the game down from what should have been a fantastic game!
  71. Jun 3, 2014
    Straight to the point: This is the worst tomb raider ever made gameplay wise. Every moves are linear and it feels like you are watching more than you are playing. It's a fake open-game that only let you one path to choose, beside some mystic temples aside your path once in a while. When you think about it, does it really differ from past games? Not that much, but still it's a step backwardStraight to the point: This is the worst tomb raider ever made gameplay wise. Every moves are linear and it feels like you are watching more than you are playing. It's a fake open-game that only let you one path to choose, beside some mystic temples aside your path once in a while. When you think about it, does it really differ from past games? Not that much, but still it's a step backward with it's linearity and those infamous Quick Time Events that constantly ask you to tap a specific button, either X or Y so you can see Lara suddenly escape a trap, hitting back some dude by her own without your help. Feels like Shenmue. I don't like Shenmue. I hate it. This sort of gameplay doesn't reward you, it makes you watch while you do absolutely nothing. This is for vegetative gamers that can't move a character by their own. Do you remember the moves you were doing by yourself in the first Splinter Cell games 10 years ago? You could take out a guard the way you wanted, you had to be creative and it added replay values. It was more difficult but it was rewarding, then Conviction game out and it became retarded and over simplified. Press a big WIN button and your enemies are down.. talk about stealth. This is the same feeling I had with the most recent iteration of Tomb Raider. This is why this game gets a 7 instead of a 9. The animations on the other hand are amazingly good, the tress-FX adds alot to the beauty of Lara and the textures are really good for a vanilla game. The music is alright and the voice acting is top class. This game hasn't been praised by it's intelligence and freedom, it has been praised by the media because of it's high-professional execution, whether it's the graphic, the sound but most importantly, the presentation, which is stellar compared to previous Tomb Raider games. It's true that it might feel like an Uncharted game and it's no coincidence, it sells. I'm enjoying it despite the linearity and the dumbed-down gameplay, so should you if you are searching for a non-puzzling game. Yes, there are basically no puzzles anymore in Tomb Raider, it's too difficult to search for a door switch for the new generation of tax-payer. Hope you enjoy this non-biased, honest review. Expand
  72. May 31, 2014
    I picked this game up on a Steam sale and I must say this is one of the best deals I have made in my entire life. Tomb Raider is the best game I have played from 2013 and probably the best over all action adventure game I have ever played. It has a good story, interesting characters, good and intense gameplay (that involves a lot more than just killing enemies) and some sweet graphics. TheI picked this game up on a Steam sale and I must say this is one of the best deals I have made in my entire life. Tomb Raider is the best game I have played from 2013 and probably the best over all action adventure game I have ever played. It has a good story, interesting characters, good and intense gameplay (that involves a lot more than just killing enemies) and some sweet graphics. The game however has some minor bugs (such as weard movement of the birds) and design decisions (such as the over-placement of arrow ammunition all over the map) that prevents the game from reveiving a perfect score. Expand
  73. May 28, 2014
    This is one of my all time favorite games. I feel like replaying it over and over again. You must buy it and play it you are missing out if you don't!
  74. May 25, 2014
    In this newer installment of Tomb raider series, we follow the young Lara's first adventure which starts her career as a treasure hunter.

Story-wise, I think this game's content is quite confusing sometime. Unlike Nolan's Batman Begins in which Bruce Wayne became a fighter after years' training, Lara 's growth from a naive college student to an expert adventurer is so quick that it makes little sense. I think the developers made the main story first then attached a origin story of Lara on it as a selling point. To me, it would be better making it just another story of Lara, but the stunt of "origin story" may attract larger audience.

The strong aspect of the game is the presentation. This time, Tomb Raider completely abandoned the old gameplay formula and is more akin to Uncharted and Batman Arkham series, but the result, I have to say, is fluent and beautiful. It has none of the movement or camera problems from previous games and everything moves fluidly. The gameplay is great too. Tomb Raider introduced new ways of fighting enemies: covered gun-fighting, stealth killing, and sneaking which eventually makes the game very pleasant to play.

Overall it's still a great action/adventure game with believable world and characters except for Lara's unbelievable transform. I will certainly recommend this game.
  75. May 21, 2014
    Even though many will say this is a Uncharted rip off, it is really well executed. It changes the classical gameplay to a more Uncharted/Resident Evil type, but keep the climbing Lara must do, maintaining that Tomb Raider feel.

I'd break it down this way:

Story: 6
    Visuals: 9
    Audio: 8
    Gameplay: 8
    Atmosphere: 9
    Characters: 7
    OVERALL: 8
  76. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have no experience about previous TR-games, so I can't really say much about how this compares to them. In general I liked this game a lot. In fact so much I played it twice, and may play it even 3rd time sometime in the future. Though there are two things that really bother me.

1. "Quick time events" or what the heck those consoletardish "Spam this button till your fingers fall off" things are called. Useless, frustrating, and not really bringing anything interesting to the game play. I recall other games having similar stupidities in them lately. Is this some kind of trend now? There's usually only one possible solution to these, these QT-events could be easily replaced with a decent cut scene. That's what they are anyway, only with hard to time button spamming.

2. At some point all the killing I had to do to make poor Lara survive started to feel a bit disgusting. I mean if she's that young and just finding herself and there's this great survival adventure going on to find away of the island ... and then it suddenly turns into MaxPaynish bloodbath.. It just don't kinda fit to the story I thought this was.. But then I put my brains aside and enjoyed gunning them all down. After all it is quite entertaining to shoot moving targets. I just wish there was a way to play it without murdering everyone.

3. The ancient-magical-mystical-spiritual evil. It's so evil, sooo freaking eeevil it can't possibly be from this world. I guess this is some sorta legacy from the previous TombRiders. It just has to be some kind of forgotten demigod-queen guarded by a battalion of samurai zombies and a cave troll with a 3 meter sword. Oh, the lame hilariousity. Greedy humans just wouldn't be enough. Right?

But despite all that, it's a great, beautiful, and enjoyable game. Just don't try to think about it too much.
  77. May 2, 2014
    Out of all the games I have played, Tomb Raider has the best graphics. Not only is Lara Croft a babe, this game is gorgeous in every detail. There are a few gameplay bugs, but you can just laugh them off or restart a checkpoint. The game is action-packed but I always find it funny how there are conveniently placed zip-line opportunities and ammunition (particularly arrows) everywhere, butOut of all the games I have played, Tomb Raider has the best graphics. Not only is Lara Croft a babe, this game is gorgeous in every detail. There are a few gameplay bugs, but you can just laugh them off or restart a checkpoint. The game is action-packed but I always find it funny how there are conveniently placed zip-line opportunities and ammunition (particularly arrows) everywhere, but it definitely puts you in the game. Expand
  78. Apr 25, 2014
    Things I like about the game:
    Things I like about the game:
    Graphically on PC the game looks and feels great. I run my games at 2560x1440 resolution and I was slightly worried frame rate might be an issue in a game like this, however, the game was very well optimised and had good FPS throughout. The soundtracks and typical Tomb Raider theme was very noticeable and it's good to see that they haven't lost the classic gameplay that previous Tomb Raider games had. I also enjoyed the choice of weaponry (especially the bow) and overall the storyline was pretty good.

Things I dislike about the game:
    Firstly, the AI are completely stupid. Throughout the game you are completely bombarded by waves of enemies which come in groups of around 7-15 people at a time. The fact that Lara Croft doesn't get killed by the obviously overwhelming number of enemies is beyond me. All the AI seem to do is run at you, whilst a few archers sit back and pop in and out of cover. Enemies are predictable and far too easy to kill. I would have preferred less enemies with harder difficulties. It also seems stupid how enemies without armour require multiple bullets to die, the damage settings in this game seem completely wrong. The next thing I dislike is the voice acting. Lara Croft sounded somewhat awkward throughout the game. I'm British myself and so I understand the British accent very well. There was something about Lara that was almost cheesy in a way. For example, she would often talk to herself to give you clues as to what to do next, something nobody would do. In addition, she seems a bit too confident when in combat. Shouting things like "You won't get me this time!" sounds really corny and any human alive (after what she's been through) would be exhausted and probably a lot more afraid of countless enemies with fire grenades and guns/bows running at you. I also found the game in general to be extremely repetitive. I was rushing through the story avoiding hidden loots and in-game secrets just so I could get the game done and dusted. After a few hours I was bored of the linear temples and climbing obstacles, it just seemed that every time Lara got near an exit, the exit would stupidly explode or something meaning you have to take an alternative route which is another 10 minutes of puzzles and rope climbing...

The game was fun at times, but unfortunately not my cup of tea.
  79. Apr 22, 2014
    Awesome mechanic combined from Assassins Creed 3 and Mirrors Edge. Awesome puzzle like Prince of Persia Series. Awesome QTE like Resident Evil Series. Awesome details, especially in hair. Awesome voice actor for the documents like Metro Series and Dead Island. Awesome face expression. You have all in one package, Tomb Raider!!
  80. Apr 21, 2014
    It's extremely rare I give a game a full 10, but this is it! Combat dynamics, story, variety, drama, this game has it all! You feel like you're in a movie. Graphics are gorgeous, voice acting is top notch, xbox 360 controller integration is perfect, and the pacing never lets up.

If you want a tightly scripted and superbly-paced action game, you need to play this. I can't think of anything better.
  81. Apr 20, 2014
    This is one of the best and most fun singleplayer games i have ever played, i love the job they have done on both the combat and the story of this game. Amazing!!!
  82. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, Amazing graphics. This game deserves appraise it has fighting mechanics like most of the best fps games. Maps are large and open with many tombs, gps caches, trinkets and small finds. The story line is interesting but has a magical ending. I recommend it to all solo gamers. Expand
  83. Apr 16, 2014
    I played the original TR back on the PS1 and have touched a couple of the other ones and was never really that sucked in. This one however is amazing. There is a mix of stealth, gun play, puzzles and story that kept me entertained the whole time. Such a huge improvement that I can't wait for a sequel now.
  84. Apr 15, 2014
    This was easily my favorite game of last year. For anyone who grew up with Tomb Raider on the original PlayStation - this is a must-play game. It is a grittier take on the franchise, and felt a lot like Daniel Craig's "Casino Royale" James Bond origin story reboot in a lot of ways. The graphics and scenes are incredible and kept me in constant suspense / amazement. The only complaint IThis was easily my favorite game of last year. For anyone who grew up with Tomb Raider on the original PlayStation - this is a must-play game. It is a grittier take on the franchise, and felt a lot like Daniel Craig's "Casino Royale" James Bond origin story reboot in a lot of ways. The graphics and scenes are incredible and kept me in constant suspense / amazement. The only complaint I have is that the competitive multiplayer really felt tacked onto the end and felt out of place in a Tomb Raider game - I would've preferred even more story or some compelling co-op mode option. Expand
  85. Apr 13, 2014
    This is the best action game I ever played.(and I am 30 :) ) Game pulls you inside and doesnt let you out.Finished 1 day and have a neck pain.Thanks square enix..
  86. Apr 12, 2014
    If you are looking for an awesome adventure game this is it. Critics may dislike it because it's linear, but that doesn't stop this from being a great game. The game's graphics are simply beautiful and add so much to the atmosphere of the game. The game mechanics are similar to that of assassins creed, but none of the moves are difficult to master. If you are looking for a game thatIf you are looking for an awesome adventure game this is it. Critics may dislike it because it's linear, but that doesn't stop this from being a great game. The game's graphics are simply beautiful and add so much to the atmosphere of the game. The game mechanics are similar to that of assassins creed, but none of the moves are difficult to master. If you are looking for a game that plays out like a "movie", this is it. Expand
  87. Apr 10, 2014
    An absolutely fantastic games and fantastic controls. I can't tell you how enjoyable playing this game was. I love the weapon choice, weapon add-ons and most of all the bow. The voice acting is top notch. The sense of exploration is great although at times a bit too linear, quick time events could also be annoying for some however I thought they were well implemented. I haven't touched theAn absolutely fantastic games and fantastic controls. I can't tell you how enjoyable playing this game was. I love the weapon choice, weapon add-ons and most of all the bow. The voice acting is top notch. The sense of exploration is great although at times a bit too linear, quick time events could also be annoying for some however I thought they were well implemented. I haven't touched the multiplayer and I have no desire too. This game could have been enhanced by giving the player some more freedom of exploration - the tombs although option were pretty easy.
    This reboot serves as a darker tale for the character of Lara Croft and is an excellent one at that. Great gameplay and a solid story make this a fantastic game.
  88. Apr 8, 2014
    This game was surprisingly awesome. I never played any of the previous games and really had no intention to but this one was available for free as a member of Playstation Plus so figured I would give it shot. This best comparison point would be the Uncharted series (which I love) and I think this game was highly influenced by those titles but they pulled it off pretty well. There areThis game was surprisingly awesome. I never played any of the previous games and really had no intention to but this one was available for free as a member of Playstation Plus so figured I would give it shot. This best comparison point would be the Uncharted series (which I love) and I think this game was highly influenced by those titles but they pulled it off pretty well. There are some mind blowing action sequences on par with the best of those in Uncharted.

The environments are beautifully rendered and definitely one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game - the island is just super fun to explore and there are plenty of extras to find. There are some role playing elements to the game and I felt that the skill system worked pretty well and most of the choices were actually useful or just plain cool to see in action.

The story was engrossing but the character dialogue and voice acting seemed a little off (at least compared to Naughty Dog games) but it's still probably better than average. The one thing that seemed a little flat in this game was the combat - it gets a little boring at times and was too repetitive. The emphasis was clearly on other aspects of the game and I wouldn't call this a hardcore shooter so that's understandable.
  89. Apr 5, 2014
    I just started playing this today and finally had to tear myself away for some food and water. I'm am totally
    into this adventure. Best Tomb Raider game ever. The Graphics are amazing and the story line is involving. Best game I have played in a long time!
  90. Apr 5, 2014
    This is the best action/adventure game I have ever played. Graphics were really good (10/10) and the story was good as well (9/10), I really hope there's going to be more games like this one in 2014. I came to realize that games that contain a girl as main character is usually more interesting.
  91. Mar 31, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game bought it day one full price.
    Pros - Graphics are impressive
    - Sound design is excellent -sound and graphics create atmosphere as strong as modern day version of original TR should feel -Well written story and characters - Great set pieces Cons -like uncharted the character kills without remorse -level design feels unrealistic at times -no definitive
    I really enjoyed this game bought it day one full price.
    Pros - Graphics are impressive
    - Sound design is excellent
    -Well written story and characters
    - Great set pieces
    Cons -like uncharted the character kills without remorse
    -level design feels unrealistic at times
    -no definitive edition patch for pc gamers
    Very impressive title have great expectations for a sequel now!
  92. Mar 31, 2014
    You can play the game only to adore the beauty of Lara Croft . In addition to that if you are looking for a game with great graphics, addictive gameplay ,loads of action,shooting,exploring a lonesome island,along with a mythical story, this is it. Action adventure game epitomized.
  93. Mar 23, 2014
    Good Game,This is one of those games where you get so involved with the character and with the visuals surrounding it. The story line is amazing the sound effect are awesome. The multiplayer is even not that bad I actually enjoyed playing a litle bit of it. I think this is one of my favorite so far this year.
  94. Mar 23, 2014
    I've played every TR except 1, and I've replayed Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld just to prep for it, that's how much I'm into TR.

And here's some unpolished thoughts: Puzzle-wise it's lacking in scale and coherence--understandably because it's now in semi-open world format, which means open world travel > tomb/confined spaces > open world travel. And this actually hurts the

And here's some unpolished thoughts:

Puzzle-wise it's lacking in scale and coherence--understandably because it's now in semi-open world format, which means open world travel > tomb/confined spaces > open world travel. And this actually hurts the immersion you get from tackling long series of great looking puzzles in a grand tomb/ place alone which defined TR. Interestingly, Assassin's Creed's large tombs had given that same kind of immersion to me.

Social aspect is strong, but i just don't know was it helping or hurting the game because solemn exploration and comrade-helping is somewhat contradictory in nature, and either needs a lot of time and content to be memorable. There were too many different characters, and the focus on each of them was scattered and short-lived (except Sam), not allowing any deep memorable connection to develop.

The extras (hidden stuff, journals, artifacts) again were overambitious in that they were all trying to cue the player towards various of lore/ side story that would be interesting, but were not quite resolved.

Enemy placement was unbelievable at times, like spawning from a cave entrance behind which you'll discover afterwards that it's a slide > jump > cling wall place

It's still a good game in that It has good graphics, focused back story, detailed character movements, fluid combat system, and a solid chunk of non-repeated scripted interactive scenes. But again everyone knows that focusing the game's development resources on these things takes it away from other things (in this case, actual playable puzzles and interactive time between characters).

To be fair, given the scope/ experimental stuff they did to the game, this TR could only be seen as a prequel (if there will be any sequel since SE thought they didn't sell enough)

From a player's perspective the game is totally worth it, but critically, it's an experimental TR that misplaced too much of its resources in things that did not define the franchise. The end product is another modern AAA title that doesn't stand out an awful lot.
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    Fantastic job with the game. I thought it was a wise move to make Lara more vulnerable. Nice pacing to the action and story. Well acted and graphics were excellent. I really enjoyed playing it from start to finish. The only small gripe is when Lara dies, the cut-scenes were unnecessarily gruesome. Highly recommended.
  96. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is just as gorgeous as it is fun. I definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence about this game. It's a must have if you enjoy 3rd person shooters. I would go in depth about it, but since there are several thousand reviews already I'll just respectfully place my score and go on to the next one.
  97. Mar 13, 2014
    Played: Dec 2013
    PROS:
    + Level design is quite good: the locations actually feel like parts of an island (the mountain village is especially good) + Several awesome action sequences CONS: - Story is pretty flimsy - Combat doesn’t feel quite right REVIEW: I picked this game up for $10 during steam’s end of year sale, and man was it a bargain! Running this game on a high-end PC
    Played: Dec 2013
    PROS:
    + Several awesome action sequences
    CONS:
    - Story is pretty flimsy
    - Combat doesn’t feel quite right
    REVIEW:
    I picked this game up for $10 during steam’s end of year sale, and man was it a bargain! Running this game on a high-end PC allowed me to run, jump, and fight all over beautiful environments in what seems to be a popularized remake of a cult-favorite series. Beautiful environments aren’t everything, though: the prettiest game is still boring if you only move down an endless hallway. This is where Tomb Raider really shines-environments are interesting and varied. Cover is only important until you have killed all the baddies on the island (they don’t regenerate), but revisiting old areas to complete “find x objects” quests is still interesting because of the depth of the areas (most are at least 2-stories tall).
    The other main advantage this game boasts is the number of action sequences. I can think of four sequences right off hand where I literally said out loud “Man, this is awesome!” I’d hate to wreck any surprises by gushing about what they were, but a game that actually manages to be memorable should be worth a few dollars.
    Moving on to what didn’t go well, the story is frankly dumb. Sure the premise is cool: you are on an academic trip to find a long-lost culture and have to survive. Unfortunately the conclusion is pretty obvious from the beginning; the hints that are supposed to lead up to the surprise climax ending really just give away a pretty shallow plot. To their credit, however they at least attempted to fill it out with well-voiced audio clips that you find around.
    My other gripe is combat. This game feels like is was supposed to be about platforming and exploring but somebody said it was boring and a combat system had to be grafted in wholesale. You have four weapons plus some hand-to-hand skills to work with, but this is third-person action as we saw it in the mid-2000s with clunky weapons and occasionally awkward hitboxes. If you find yourself in really close proximity, there is an okay counter system but I found that it was more fun to avoid fights all together, sniping the guards with a bow so I could explore at leisure.
    BOTTOM LINE: This game has its weaknesses, but it is definitely worth your attention, especially if you can find it on sale!
  98. Feb 24, 2014
    Game itself is great. If you have an AMD Graphics Card that can handle the TressFX option, you may get the so-called "Definitive Edition" of XBOX One and PS4. Only the "hair" of Lara will improve as it's the only option that will be changed on Ultimate preset. Overall the gameplay is dynamic and easy to learn, graphics is nice. There are tombs to raid and treasures to look for, its a gameGame itself is great. If you have an AMD Graphics Card that can handle the TressFX option, you may get the so-called "Definitive Edition" of XBOX One and PS4. Only the "hair" of Lara will improve as it's the only option that will be changed on Ultimate preset. Overall the gameplay is dynamic and easy to learn, graphics is nice. There are tombs to raid and treasures to look for, its a game that's not going to be over like 12 hours (unless if you skip hunting treasures and tombs).

It's a great game for everyone to have in your games collection.
  99. Feb 19, 2014
    I was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustratingI was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustrating and stupidly absurd boss characters to beat (but nothing patronizing either), an awesome and immersive story, incredible depth into Lara's character, beautiful and well-directed cuts and cinematics, truly detailed and high resolution world modeling.. It's all fantastic. And the physical detail of Lara's character model? I am so hot for Lara Croft after playing this game, it's ridiculous. lol Nerves of steel, great with guns, a sexy accent, and just the right amount of modesty built in? Now *that's* a potent combination! There's so many physical maneuvers and outrageous (believable, but absolutely outrageous) ledge-grabs that she does along the way that made me say, "Man, that is one crazy-*ss bi*ch!" I would have come up to one of those ones on the antenna tower and been like "Oh f**k no. See ya.." This just made me appreciate her character and role in the story even more though..

And by the way, those who modeled her physical "appearance" deserve special praise in my book. Thank you so much for giving this lioness a believable and curvaceous C-cup, and not some cantaloupe-wannabe triple-Es. The Jolie era of Tomb Raider character models has been overdue to be purged for the longest time now, so thank you for correcting this "malignancy".

Seriously, the next installment of this game can't come soon enough. Phenomenal job, Eidos Montreal and Enix. Please do as good a job with the next one..
  100. Feb 3, 2014
    If you want a ~10 hours long interactive movie, which has average story and enough explosion to make even Michael Bay satisfied, this is your title.
    If you want to play a game which has more game play elements than a platformer from the '90s you should skip Tomb Raider (or wait for a sale).
  101. Mar 28, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, and on the plus side of things you have: The graphics, the aesthetics, the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere and the fact that the puzzle tombs are an option and not a requirement (though some puzzling and platforming is required for the story, ofcourse). Negatives: The amount of stuff you 'have' to pick up is insane and most of it makes no sense. Relics,I really enjoyed this game, and on the plus side of things you have: The graphics, the aesthetics, the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere and the fact that the puzzle tombs are an option and not a requirement (though some puzzling and platforming is required for the story, ofcourse). Negatives: The amount of stuff you 'have' to pick up is insane and most of it makes no sense. Relics, mushrooms, gps cache's etc. All of this is just dumb, the only things actually worth picking up is the documents, because they add to the story and character development, other than that you just get an xp bonus.

I would have liked to have the survival aspect of the game more thoroughly pronounced, I like that you have to salvage stuff to create your/upgrade your makeshift weapons, but they should have gone a bit further on that note if you ask me. Hopefully they will do that in the next game.
    I would have loved to see less QTE's aswell, or at least make them more apparent as to what you are supposed to do during the QTE, there was one where all it said was hit the button (not which one) when the circle blinks, and I have a keyboard, so there are lots of buttons to press. Anyway that would go down as a bug and something you can accept, since you will forget it later on.
    Also, stop with the achievement announcements and "model unlocked" stuff that happens almost constantly, it takes away from being completely gripped by the game. I would have been completely swallowed by it had these things not happened.
    A last negative is that the nVidia drivers for the game were horrible, which was both part crystal dynamics and nvidias fault, even if the game is "made for AMD" it makes no sense to have it so horribly optimized as it was for nvidia cards at launch. Crash to desktop, insane fps drops, weird gpu usage etc. This has all been fixed, but still, it should not have happened in the first place.

My verdict is a 9/10, the issues I have listed are, for me, enough to drag it down a point, but no further... This is a masterpiece, and 2013 has shown to be a great year, so far, for gaming, if you ask me.

1. Jun 10, 2013
    The new incarnation of the iconic Lara Craft might very well be one of the best games out there right now. [April 2013]
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    Everything you could want from an archeological adventure, except having to press six keys to mantle. [Apr 2013, p.80]
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    While not every promising idea Tomb Raider has is pulled off successfully, it nevertheless turns in a tense and memorable ride that combines modern game design with its forebears’ adventurous spirit in some exciting ways. Some of its missteps may well come at the cost of your enjoyment, but most can’t hope to hurt the adventure in the long run. Although it never fully finds its identity, this is a game and a story worth seeing through.