8.5

1. Mar 7, 2013
    WOW!!! PC version looks and feels amazing! It also plays EXTREMELY well with very fluid controls and motion. I could not be more pleased with this release. Even the experience points system and weapon unlocks/upgrades are exciting when they happen. I can tell they put a lot of thought into this title. I really, really hope Crystal Dynamics keeps making these games. I had a feeling it wasWOW!!! PC version looks and feels amazing! It also plays EXTREMELY well with very fluid controls and motion. I could not be more pleased with this release. Even the experience points system and weapon unlocks/upgrades are exciting when they happen. I can tell they put a lot of thought into this title. I really, really hope Crystal Dynamics keeps making these games. I had a feeling it was going to be a good game but it turned out to be my favorite game this year. Granted it is only March but there has been a lot of big games out already this year and I have played them ALL. This is better than Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 and a lot of other titles. Haven't had the chance to play Bioshock: Infinite yet since it isn't out but I feel it may be Tomb Raiders only competition in the first quarter of 2013. I cannot comment on the multiplayer. I have not had a chance to play any. I'm not finished with the campaign yet and I don't want to break away from it for something else. I really am having a lot of fun. You will not regret purchasing this game! Dear Crystal Dynamics, Thank you very much for not ruining one of my childhood memories. I was fortunate enough to have played the original when it was days old on my PS1. I feel the series went downhill and I quit playing them but always came back to the first. Here I am, the better part of two decades older, and I am enjoying this game as if I were 15 again. You are the first game company I have written to and believe me, I owe a lot of thank you's to a lot of developers out there over the decades. Anyway, I'm going to get back to Tomb Raider. Lara has never looked so good nor been so tough and determined. If no one from your company reads this, that's cool. I figured I would take the chance. Again, thank you!! Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2014
    Wonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the gameWonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the game may be a little on the easy side as far as bosses are concerned. Another aspect that may disappoint hard core Tomb Raider fans are the puzzles are a little bit too easy and unimaginative but I had an easy time forgiving that given the rest of the game is just fantastic. Expand
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    I had high hopes for the game and Crystal Dynamics didn't let me down. This is a fantastic game, the perfect reboot of the franchise. There is nothing that I would change. OK, maybe there are some minor things, but nothing important.

After playing this game I have the feeling to know and understand Lara. I feel invigorated and cannot wait to see the next adventures of Lara Croft. The

The characters have real depth, the atmosphere is pulling you in and the settings are beautiful.
    Perfect voice acting and bombastic music complete the game.

From a quality perspective this game is one of the best releases in the last year.It is running really stable, I only had one crash and some minor glitches in the user interface. I cannot wait to see more from this Lara.
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    I wish give 10 but I dont play enougth, even to see the bad think that others talked about.
    My experience is going great with this game and for those want play old lara croft game, well just play the first and second game.
    This game give Lara Croft a human side never seem before and its fabolus.

Icgoing to finish the game soon then back to talk more about.

Easy goty and best buy 2013
  5. Mar 9, 2013
    Excellent game. It remains loyal to the original Tomb Raider while still being able to take a step forward and innovate. Platforming feels fluid, realistic. The interactive sequences are packed with adrenaline and are a joy to to watch, but there are too many of those. Graphics are stunning and the new hair TressFX looks gorgeous. Combat it's fun, but a little too easy. Gripping and longExcellent game. It remains loyal to the original Tomb Raider while still being able to take a step forward and innovate. Platforming feels fluid, realistic. The interactive sequences are packed with adrenaline and are a joy to to watch, but there are too many of those. Graphics are stunning and the new hair TressFX looks gorgeous. Combat it's fun, but a little too easy. Gripping and long enough story make Lara's adventure unique and exhilarating, with lots of collectibles you can go find later for even more hours of gameplay, hence excellent replay value. Interface it's awesome, only the subtitles look a bit strafalarious. Game runs smooth (even on low end laptos) and can either take advantage of DirectX 11 if the respective settings are enabled, or run nicely on DirectX 9 alone. Multi-player wasn't really necessary for this game, but it isn't bad at all, just a little bit too simple and nothing that hasn't come by before. Excellent reboot for this saga and, definitely, best game of 2013 so far. Expand
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    I really enjoyed this fine reboot of the Tomb Raider series. Being a great fan of the Uncharted series I was quite excited to play this game to enjoy an Uncharted like game on the PC and I can easily say I was not let down by Tomb Raider. This game involves some great graphics followed by some exciting game play which undoubtedly did not become stale throughout my experience of playingI really enjoyed this fine reboot of the Tomb Raider series. Being a great fan of the Uncharted series I was quite excited to play this game to enjoy an Uncharted like game on the PC and I can easily say I was not let down by Tomb Raider. This game involves some great graphics followed by some exciting game play which undoubtedly did not become stale throughout my experience of playing this game. Many complaints have been about the excessive use of quick time events however I believe that most of the time the quick time events were used effectively to enhance the experience rather than worsen it. The story is interesting with many items you can find along the way which will tell you much more about the lore and background of the island you adventure in. The character development is up to par however is definitely not perfect and the characters are also very well voice acted to give a real feel for the characters. The game also offers some RPG elements I really enjoyed similar to Far Cry 3. You can find upgrades for your weapons and loot salvage from well placed boxes and enemies in order to upgrade your weapons. The game also has a simple XP system which enables you to spend a point per level on skill points to increase the abilities of Lara which I found to be useful throughout the campaign. The handling of the weapons and cover system was also great. I found that Lara would cleverly duck behind obvious covering positions making shooting at enemies a pleasurable experience. Overall I really enjoyed this fantastic reboot of Tomb Raider. The atmosphere, the graphics, the fast and flexible gameplay, great characters and voice acting, really perfected my experience and I cannot wait for hopefully a sequel in the next few years. Expand
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    Awesome game. Graphics are beautiful, you can easily get attached to the characters, and the weapon upgrades are enough to keep you interested never mind the story (which is great).

I do have to down-rate this by 1 simply because I completed the game, on normal, just over 3 hours at 78% completion. A friend of mine who spent more time (~25 hours) in the game resulted in 83% completion. So I figure I didn't miss much on a normal play-through. Other then that, I hope to see Crystal Dynamics back with a sequel to this. I could take or leave Square Enix's production.
  8. May 2, 2013
    One of the best single player games I've ever played. Stunning. Anyone giving it score 7 is just a hater and you shouldn't bother what they say. I've played a lot of high scored games recently: Far Cry 3, Dead Space 1 and 2, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Walking Dead, BF3 (campaign), Medal of Honor (campaign) and even some of them were really outstanding, Tomb Raider easily beats them.
  9. Jul 21, 2013
    The campaign was about 9 hours long... and I walked a lot because there were many scary places. I explored as much as possible and it was still only 9 hours long!!! I would play the game again anyway. Many times it felt like a movie. A damn good movie. I haven't seen this much action since I saw one of the Jackie Chan movies.
    Wonderful adventure game and little bit supernatural made the
    Wonderful adventure game and little bit supernatural made the island more interesting to explore and fun read its history.

Quick time events: There are A LOT OF quick time events but at least they were not as annoying as in Battlefield 3. If you hate quick time events you shouldn't buy this game. I haven't played games that would have this many quick time events and it took me 30 minutes to get use to it.

Cut scenes: I didn't have problems to tell the difference between cut scene and gameplay. There was only one part where I thought cut scene was still going and fell to my death.

Combat: AI delivers no challenge. It was really easy to headshot everybody. Once AI spots you it will know where you go. Even if you try to sneak away, their guns are always pointed toward corner or cover where you are and they will walk toward you until you shoot one of them or they can see you.

Controls: I have no complains about the controls. Lara takes cover automatically which takes little bit time to get used to but it works well. She always goes where I want and never does something completely opposite.

AI never kills you but failed quick time events will and many times!
  10. Feb 19, 2014
    I was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustratingI was so disappointed when I reached the end of the story-line. I didn't want it to be over. I've been going through Tomb Raider withdrawal for an entire week now. The story-line progressed at just the right pace throughout the entire game though, so the "symptoms" I'm currently experiencing are simply an indicator that everything in this game was done remarkably well. No frustrating and stupidly absurd boss characters to beat (but nothing patronizing either), an awesome and immersive story, incredible depth into Lara's character, beautiful and well-directed cuts and cinematics, truly detailed and high resolution world modeling.. It's all fantastic. And the physical detail of Lara's character model? I am so hot for Lara Croft after playing this game, it's ridiculous. lol Nerves of steel, great with guns, a sexy accent, and just the right amount of modesty built in? Now *that's* a potent combination! There's so many physical maneuvers and outrageous (believable, but absolutely outrageous) ledge-grabs that she does along the way that made me say, "Man, that is one crazy-*ss bi*ch!" I would have come up to one of those ones on the antenna tower and been like "Oh f**k no. See ya.." This just made me appreciate her character and role in the story even more though..

And by the way, those who modeled her physical "appearance" deserve special praise in my book. Thank you so much for giving this lioness a believable and curvaceous C-cup, and not some cantaloupe-wannabe triple-Es. The Jolie era of Tomb Raider character models has been overdue to be purged for the longest time now, so thank you for correcting this "malignancy".

Seriously, the next installment of this game can't come soon enough. Phenomenal job, Eidos Montreal and Enix. Please do as good a job with the next one..
  11. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is able to display hair very beautifully with a beautiful women/model. It almost looks like each strand of Lara Croft's hair is moving with the rules of physics. If your down with killing hundreds of men with a compound bow and climbing mountains with your climbing axe, well then this game is for you!
    The story is awesome too pretty good length of single player action.
  12. Jul 24, 2013
    Been on my 'to play' list for a while and never got around to playing but decided to give it a try and was very impressed.
    Very high production values, great script and amazing playability.
    Definitely worth a purchase and play
  13. Mar 6, 2013
    I have to say I'm really enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. It really does make you feel for Lara as she goes from problem to problem. The game also allows you to feel a good deal of satisfaction when you make it past certain areas. Graphically stunning also helps. What would have made it better for me would be a more open world as at times you do feel it's very linear,I have to say I'm really enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. It really does make you feel for Lara as she goes from problem to problem. The game also allows you to feel a good deal of satisfaction when you make it past certain areas. Graphically stunning also helps. What would have made it better for me would be a more open world as at times you do feel it's very linear, but that's the nature of TR games. I was never really into the original TR games, but this one has me really hooked and when be playing it and exploring it all the ways. Expand
  14. Mar 6, 2013
    I’ll quickly make the obligatory comparison to the Uncharted series right now. Yes, it does feel a bit like uncharted, but that’s not a bad thing. Uncharted is a great series that has pioneered many adventure standards. Tomb Raider simply barrows the best parts of it, adds it’s own spice, while keeping in mind that Uncharted was inspired from Tomb Raider. It’s funny how things go fullI’ll quickly make the obligatory comparison to the Uncharted series right now. Yes, it does feel a bit like uncharted, but that’s not a bad thing. Uncharted is a great series that has pioneered many adventure standards. Tomb Raider simply barrows the best parts of it, adds it’s own spice, while keeping in mind that Uncharted was inspired from Tomb Raider. It’s funny how things go full circle.

The game controls excellent, even more responsive than the Uncharted series, some thing Crystal Dynamics seem to nail in all their games. The puzzles are good, doesn’t stump you, but keeps you thinking, and the combat very enjoyable and feels well refined. One of my favorite parts of the game, as superficial as it might be, is the graphics. It’s one of the best looking games I own on my PC, and probably one of the best looking games I’ve seen in quite a while. I won’t comment on the story yet, as I haven’t finished the game, but I can say the common complains that the action aspect of the game play mismatches with Lara’s innocents lost story is exaggerated, and most of the complaint’s references are taken out of context. If you play the game, it does it’s best to explain why Lara is all of a sudden master assassin, even if it’s just through a quick statement or two.

Overall the game is very enjoyable, very polished, and just beautiful to view.
  15. Mar 14, 2013
    One of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I am a rare breed where I can't finish a game let alone get 30 minutes into one. This game wasn't one that let me sink my teeth right in off the bat. Once I got into knowing where Lara's character was going I just had to know what happened next. The presentation to this game was nothing but amazing. Not since Max Payne 3 has a game madeOne of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I am a rare breed where I can't finish a game let alone get 30 minutes into one. This game wasn't one that let me sink my teeth right in off the bat. Once I got into knowing where Lara's character was going I just had to know what happened next. The presentation to this game was nothing but amazing. Not since Max Payne 3 has a game made me connect to the character and feel as if my actions were truly controlling and manipulating what is next for her. At first the gameplay does seem quite forced and boring. Hunt this, QTE... I really didn't care for it. But once you break the first sequence of events you're in for quite a thrilling experience. Lara is acted by the lovely Camilla Luddington. Initially I played this game purely because of her, she has yet to be discovered in Hollywood and this may have been what I thought was her chance to really prove her skill. I couldn't have been more correct. She was everything that I could want in a character that was the face of gaming for quite a few years, yet she made it her own and created someone which feels as if there was someone like Lara.

I am done with making this out to be the best game ever. But it is the game of the year thus far. 9.4/10
  16. Jul 21, 2013
    A great reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, only brought down by some very minor issues in the writing. But an overall experience is very memorable and I like the style they went for with this reboot.
  17. Mar 23, 2013
    So i just signed up to write a review on this game. I've never done this before but I felt like this game deserved it. First of all, I was never really into the older Tomb Raider games and my review is focused only on the game how i experienced it. I'm not going to name everything that this game offers but I'll write down my general Impressions and things that I think are worth mentioning.So i just signed up to write a review on this game. I've never done this before but I felt like this game deserved it. First of all, I was never really into the older Tomb Raider games and my review is focused only on the game how i experienced it. I'm not going to name everything that this game offers but I'll write down my general Impressions and things that I think are worth mentioning. The Gameplay, which is in my opinion one of the most important parts of a game, is outstandingly good. The combat, the exploration, the search for items and collectables and the skill based passages are top notch. The combat is very intense and responding, the collecting of items and exploration is rewarding and the platforming aswell as the few puzzles loosen the overall progression through the game. All these different contents are not only very well executed but also extremly well paced. Coming to the presentation which is one of the games most notable features. The balance between smooth and relaxing parts such as exploring/collecting and tense parts such as the combat and various environmental destruction, weather and quick time events was overall very well done what makes the game feel very diversified. The plot is well presented and the voice acting (at least in the german version) is pretty good aswell. The plot itself might be a little bit predictable sometimes but the player will forget these flaws very fast because of the astonishing presentation which is never overdone. The different parts of the island are pretty much open but small and limited. In order to visit parts of the island you've already discovered, you can have a rest at various bonfires which will let you teleport to other bonfires. The progression through the game is generally very linear but you are able to go to places you visited before any time you want and for example collect things you've missed. The character development is a major part and is very immersive. Through the course of the game, the main character Lara goes through different changes and the player really feels with the her (at least I did). The other characters stay a little bit shallow and are not nearly as interesting as the protagonist itself. They're more like a help to get Lara's development throughout the happenings of the game apparent and interesting to experience. The atmosphere is very dense and let's the player forget his or her surroundings. While I'm playing this game I really get lost in it and can nearly scent the different smells of the environment. The new Tomb Raider is one of the most immersive games I've ever played and the excellent audio really adds to this. The creak of the old wood in the wind, the ripple of the rain, the crackling of the fire. The soundscape aswell as the beautiful soundtrack is extremely well done and surrounds the player with a living and breathing environment. The visuals really add to this. The technical part, so the engine is pretty nice to look at and the game is very well optimized. What really amazed me is the beautiful art direction. The color palette and the ex- and interiors are wonderfully crafted and especially the exteriors are packed with tons and tons of details that feel very natural and hand made. There are some flaws here and there like the confusing and not easy to use, the quick time events sometimes feel a little bit wasted and the characters, besides Lara Croft, are not very interesting. All these little flaws are not really notable while looking at the game as a whole but they're worth mentioning. All in all this is one of the best games I played in a very long time and the best action adventure I've ever experienced. Expand
  18. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is so BLOODY GOOD
    SERIOUSLY GO BUY IT NOW YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    This is the best and most fun Tomb Raider game I've ever played.
    The controls with mouse and keyboard ae very well done, the graphics are awesome.
    This game is a MUST PLAY.
  20. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is awesome. I mean awesome. i love it. i play it all the time. it's a great and a little bit scary game. The weapons are little bit limited but it does not matter much. You will still have loads of fun playing it. Tomb Raider fans, Just buy it. Others give it a try 'cause i am sure you will like it. There are a lot of cutscenes though. But just try it.
  21. Jun 3, 2013
    Only just bought and completed this in the sales, I must say the reboot is fantastic, I never really got into the original series but playing this with the amazing graphics, sound, animation and decent voice acting I found myself getting really drawn in.

The puzzles are fun and the action is satisfying, levels are linear, but I like the fact it does not try to do what it does best in an open world setting as it would lose a lot of the the story focus and atmosphere. The game goes from a survival thriller/horror into an action adventure and I found myself missing some of the early tension later on.

The fact that I completed this by playing it straight for a week is testament to the developers, great game, great story with an above average helping of multiplier.
  22. Aug 20, 2013
    Superb re-con!

Very slick and playable with awesome gfx. Storyline is tight and the entire game is cinematic. Only things I could level against it are the poor multiplayer (why did they waste time developing it? It's like a poor CoD which isn't even a good mp game anymore?!) and how it doesn't seem to cover much new ground with gaming innovation. Some of the QTE are a bit silly too I
    Superb re-con!

Only things I could level against it are the poor multiplayer (why did they waste time developing it? It's like a poor CoD which isn't even a good mp game anymore?!) and how it doesn't seem to cover much new ground with gaming innovation. Some of the QTE are a bit silly too I guess...
  23. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing! Now if you don't like games that focus on the story and have a plethora of cut-scenes, this game may not be for you. If you like an in-depth story, stealthy combat, a gorgeous environment and raiding tombs, get this game! You will not regret it. I have a hard time putting this game down, I just want to keep playing it. The story will draw you in and you'llThis game is absolutely amazing! Now if you don't like games that focus on the story and have a plethora of cut-scenes, this game may not be for you. If you like an in-depth story, stealthy combat, a gorgeous environment and raiding tombs, get this game! You will not regret it. I have a hard time putting this game down, I just want to keep playing it. The story will draw you in and you'll spend hours in it without even realizing it. This is an incredible game and is definitely in my top 10, I highly recommend it. Expand
  24. Oct 5, 2013
    There where frusting elements in this game such as the quick time events, the boss fights where disapointing, the "tombs" simplistic and short, but a fantastic reboot for one of my favourite gaming characters.

Crystal Dynamics did a great job on fleshing out Lara as a believable character, the majority of the game mechanics where well designed and fun, the environments looked stunning and worked very well in creating the daunting atmosphere and I loved the sound design and music.

Thanks CD for not stuffing it up and I hope they take on board the many criticisms from the fans without going too far in the opposite direction and lose what made this game so very very good.

Looking forward to the next Lara game.
  25. Jun 7, 2014
    All I will say is, LARA CROFT... EPIC GAME! The game-play is just amazing and the visuals are absolutely stunning...Very very pleased with my purchase of this game!
  26. Jan 4, 2015
    What a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with havingWhat a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with having Lara´s Buns in your sight all the time, which might distract a little.

10/10 - would mash same key repeatedly again!
  27. May 19, 2015
    Never like the franchise, never played a Tomb Raider before and some friends recommended this to me.
    What an experience! This is a really good game!!!!! Story amazing, graphics really nice, good mechanics, good puzzles with the right difficulty and a lot of variety in the game. Just fantastic!
  28. Sep 16, 2013
    To everyone complaining about the cut scenes, start playing the game and stop complaining.
    This game is an artwork and a masterpiece.
    I have bought and played over 1000 games easily and I can compare to all the ones played before. No other game has this kind of story line and game play. The graphics are stunning and the cut scenes bring depth to the story and makes you feel like you
    This game is an artwork and a masterpiece.
    No other game has this kind of story line and game play. The graphics are stunning and the cut scenes bring depth to the story and makes you feel like you are playing a movie and at the same time make you feel like you are part of the story yourself. (you do not like the cut scenes you can skip them for the whiners here below)

Also I could play many hours without getting frustrated about parts which you had to try over and over again like so many other games which are out there. Well balanced and well polished.

Whilst you play you earn different kind weapons which you can upgrade depending the time you spend finding the necessary pieces.

This is finally a game which uses save points as should, you die you do not have to play another 15 min before getting back at the point where you died.

Yes this is a total different kind of Tombraider (which the developers already mentioned so do not complain about this), almost no puzzles to solve like in the previous Tombraiders, but much more story, action and shooting.
  29. Apr 8, 2013
    It is rare that a game will come up and take my breath away and even more rare that it will hold it for so long. Tomb Raider is one of those rare games that accomplishes both. I'd like to start off by saying I'm no fan of the Tomb Raider series. I was always ambivalent to the series. I have never played one all the way through and never found any of them all that compelling that isIt is rare that a game will come up and take my breath away and even more rare that it will hold it for so long. Tomb Raider is one of those rare games that accomplishes both. I'd like to start off by saying I'm no fan of the Tomb Raider series. I was always ambivalent to the series. I have never played one all the way through and never found any of them all that compelling that is until now.

It is rare that I come across a game with such a well-written story and such rich character development. Square Enix really outdid themselves this time. I have always been a huge fan of video games in general, but always wished they would focus more on good writing and character development something sorely lacking in a vast majority of games today. This game really came through in this department, and I feel I really understand the character of Lara Croft so much better now. It has drawn me into the mythos that I was so disinterested in before. I certainly cannot wait for future titles, and hope this game ends up where it belongs holding a place in history as one of the better examples of great story, writing, and character development in video games and perhaps even sparks a renaissance of good writing that this industry so badly needs.

As far as gameplay, graphics, sound, and all the other aspects of what makes a game good or great Tomb Raider really hits the mark on each of these. The exceptional combination of each of these aspects of the game only help to support the real thrill here and that's being along for the ride of this great adventure with Lara and her crew. It really feels like I'm playing a movie but almost never do I feel like I'm doing so on rails. I feel in constant control, and always in a manner where my decisions decide the fate of Lara and her crew members. This is what a game should be. Highly Recommended!
  30. Mar 5, 2013
    This is a really good game, every aspect of the game is very polished. From the graphics to the voice acting. It is as good if not better than the Uncharted games on the PS3 in every way (except multiplayer but who plays uncharted multiplayer anyway)
  31. Mar 10, 2013
    An intense, interesting and great experience!
    I am not that fan of the "old" Tomb Raider titles. But this one is a really great story with intense visuals and awesme gameplay mechanics which are not gettong boring during the whole game. Even getting 100% wih all the collectibles is challenging and well done!
    Go buy it!
  32. Apr 24, 2013
    I just finished playing the game, and having played through every game up until the recent installments I was really hoping that this reboot deviated from the worn down pattern of the old games. While they had their charms, especially the first two games, the games were now beyond repetition and consistently suffered from the usualy clunky controls and poor camera angles ("leap of faithI just finished playing the game, and having played through every game up until the recent installments I was really hoping that this reboot deviated from the worn down pattern of the old games. While they had their charms, especially the first two games, the games were now beyond repetition and consistently suffered from the usualy clunky controls and poor camera angles ("leap of faith jumps" anyone).
    The reboot delivered!, and I found myself quite immersed in the game, especially near the end. The gameplay is one of the better ones i've played in a while, and the very few times i missed a jump was probably my own fault. Lara's movement looks natural as she gracefully navigates her surroundings. And the game had some pretty epic setpieces. Having a reasonable computer i was able to play this game on the maximum settings (though nvidia cards still suffer from the tessalation bug), and the visuals were simply stunning (especially compared to the console versions), though some color pallettes are a little questionable, especially the shantytown looked a little murky (i've got a E-IPS panel, it's not me). The TressFX feature is also a nice touch, though this is only a option if you’ve got a decent graphics card. (Make sure you update your drivers if you’ve got a Nvidia card). Bottomline, it should be said that allot of time went into these visuals, and the Eidos/Square Enix gets some kudo’s for that.
    Replayability is good, meaning i will definitely pick it up again after a while. Reason being that the game gives you the option to continue the game to hunt for the collectables after the end. So for the completionists, there is no immediate reason to replay the game again shortly after, you can just continue.
    Besides the story there is enough for you to do, though this ultimately comes down to mostly collectables. There are also allot of Secret Tombs for you to discover, though these seem a tad bit underdeveloped. Having been used to the huge dungeons in Skyrim, i found myself scratching my head when I was done in about 5 minutes sometimes. These had allot more potential as it was really exhilarating when you entered them with only your flaming torch, not knowing what was in there.
    The story is no shakespear, but it presents itself well enough for you to care long enough. The only real issue with the story is the somewhat predictable characters, that sometimes display slasher-movie type stupidity (“Let’s split up!”). I've also got to mention that i do not share the statements that there are huge plotholes, everything can be explained with some common sense, and most of it is also explained in the books/documents scattered arround the island. I think it all comes down how well you're able to immerse yourself. Also there are people mentioning the disconnection between Lara’s story and the gameplay. She seems to quickly go from defenseless girl to badass. It is explained she is not new to this, but just never put it into actual practice (traning with Roth). Though i do agree it is borderline believeable.
    Bottomline, I’m glad Eidos/Square decided to reboot this series. The series didn’t age well, and it was ultimately a gamble for the studios investing allot in this game. I think they did an excellent job and i feel i got my moneys worth. I’m also glad a forgotten icon of gaming history finaly has some of her shine back. I'm anxious to see where the serie goes from here.

I really hope though, that they keep the emphasis on single player next installment. Who really needs a Tomb Raider multiplayer.. it felt tacked on.
  33. Mar 6, 2013
    In this game you just get so involved with the gameplay, Lara, the entire story. Once you get hooked, you can't let go. The game has beautifully amazing cutscenes graphics to add to that. And the multiplayer, I was wondering how they would be able to put this in the game pull it off, now I know I tend to like it quite a bit actually. The only problem I find with multiplayer is notIn this game you just get so involved with the gameplay, Lara, the entire story. Once you get hooked, you can't let go. The game has beautifully amazing cutscenes graphics to add to that. And the multiplayer, I was wondering how they would be able to put this in the game pull it off, now I know I tend to like it quite a bit actually. The only problem I find with multiplayer is not many people play it, either that or I just had a lot of trouble finding games other than team deathmatch the entire time. And another thing to know, I encountered a few bugs that really didn't bother me, but they were there once I got passed them I never didn't tend to think much of them afterwards. Anyways, bottom line is, you're missing out if you don't pick up this game. Expand
  34. Apr 8, 2013
    After quite a number of lacklustre entries in the series, none of which really got the controls down correctly, this one, for me, just nails it completely, with excellent controls, fluid movement, a strong sense of danger, awesome set pieces and a generally coherent story that stays focused throughout the entire experience, staying (mostly) true to it's new tone, with a mild case ofAfter quite a number of lacklustre entries in the series, none of which really got the controls down correctly, this one, for me, just nails it completely, with excellent controls, fluid movement, a strong sense of danger, awesome set pieces and a generally coherent story that stays focused throughout the entire experience, staying (mostly) true to it's new tone, with a mild case of Terminatoritis setting in later on, but the game never letting the mythology bog down the proceedings, while also not being paper-thin and directionless either. Level design is strong, and interactions with the levels are generally glitch free, falls to your death will be at your own making, rather than Fudgey Fingers Syndrome. The downside, some of the companions are a bit underwritten, they could have maybe used some additional development, one obvious "turncoat" in the bunch, but nothing that really distracts. It's like getting a birthday cake and somebody accidentally bent one of the candles slightly out of place. Unfortunate, but the cake still tastes great.

The multiplayer is weak sauce though, standard deathmatch fare, but not necessary either. In the aforementioned cake analogy, this cake came with a complimentary sachet of ketchup. Inappropriate, but easily discarded. There are other, much more robust, multiplayer experiences out there, that it's half-hearted inclusion here I suspect boils down to either a poor marketing decision to tick a bullet point, or round 1 of multiplayer practice for the technical team for something more ambitious to come later. With the DLC bizarrely choosing to focus on the multiplayer only, I suspect the latter to be closer to the truth. Co-op multiplayer on the other hand, was a sorely missed opportunity here, the game practically begging for it, with two distinct characters. In the absence of the other player, then either AI controlled and/or player hot-swappable between characters. See: Mass Effect, Portal 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, any Lego game. Maybe in version 2.0.

Technically, it's a very strong package. Beautiful vistas, great camera direction, massive draw distance, great effects mostly, reasonable AI. Couple of dodgy fire animations here n there when Lara is literally up to her neck in it, but an otherwise stellar effort visually. The only really negative technical point was that on first playthrough, the game was really unstable, crashing regularly, but a quick Google on this issue, and subsequent disabling of the Tesselation feature in the graphics options sorted that. Clearly a misstep in the QA process there, between Square, Crystal Dynamics and NVidia.
  35. Mar 30, 2013
    Sim nota 10 e vou vou informar que apesar de algumas falhas esse game épico merecia 11 mas como justamente nada perfeito toam um 10 XD
    A única coisa um pouco falha o modo multiplayer o restante tão absurdamente perfeito
    Começando com os gráficos que são supreendentes. andei acompanhando o desenvolvimento desde o inicio final de 2010 e sempre nos foi mostrado gráficos péssimos e inacabados, eu realmente fui pego de surpresa na versão final principalmente com a maravilha revolucionária TressFX.
    A jogabilidade tem uma vasta combinação mas tão simples executa-los. Os movimentos da Lara estão incrivelmente realistas, a Camilla fez um ótimo trabalho oral e corporal.
    A trilha sonora mais que perfeita, fico pensando quão gênio esse Jason Graves que conseguiu superar o que sempre desde sempre o ponto auge da franquia. Cada som intensifica as sensações
    o enredo apesar de bem clichê a maneira que a Lara evolui incrível, pegaram o tema perdido numa ilha bem passado e desenvolveram de uma maneira inovadora.
    Enfim simplesmente ÉPICO, mais que um simples jogo para ser salvo uma vez e ser deixado de lado. volta com força total de um ícone chamado Lara Croft
  36. Mar 6, 2013
    Simply put, this game is a cinematic marvel. Regardless of the occasional crashes (assumed to be fixed in future updates) and various game play criticisms I've seen, Tomb Raider Reborn surpassed my meager expectations within the first 30 minutes of playing. You won't be disappointed.
  37. Mar 14, 2013
    I did not high expectations for this game, and instead I have to say it is the best ever, especially if you do not like too complex puzzles. A game really exciting, well structured and with many possibilities of combat.
  38. Mar 5, 2013
    An exceptional game.
    Where developers really had the desire to create something polished and well done, and worried about the PC version of the game.
  39. Mar 10, 2013
    I ve never seen tomb raider this beautiful and the game is so addicting and enjoyable amazing work on graphics and gameplay also the story makes sense ....well you have to try to beleive
  40. Mar 5, 2013
    Let me start by saying I am truly and undeniably a fan of the series. I`ve played it since 1986 and I`ve finished every Tomb Raider game so far. Ever since the disastrous Angel Of Darkness the series tried crawling back to it`s throne, and came close with recent instalments but not quite there. They each missed what this game has, a character with real human emotions and weaknesses insteadLet me start by saying I am truly and undeniably a fan of the series. I`ve played it since 1986 and I`ve finished every Tomb Raider game so far. Ever since the disastrous Angel Of Darkness the series tried crawling back to it`s throne, and came close with recent instalments but not quite there. They each missed what this game has, a character with real human emotions and weaknesses instead of a superhero, and a fresh gameplay that does a good job making you satisfied till the end without getting repetitive. But more importantly the series now has what it was truly missing, a compelling story that isn`t serving a mere motivation for your character to get from point A to point Z, but more to make you question your surroundings, your allies, instincts and wonder about the outcome of every situation you find yourself into. It`s no longer about simply getting into that tomb and raiding ti dry, beating the boss and walking out with your prize, it`s about understanding the myth behind it, the history, and the dangers behind it`s power falling into the wrong hands. Finally the game has a great combat system too, tied with a crafting system and a skill menu, which was my initial worry. but turned out well as the skills are nothing game breaking and only feature slight boost of her already achieved skill set. Graphics is great, nothing groundbreaking but the effects and animation are stunning and make you really get into the game, along with an amazing soundtrack. Puzzles are innovative, and no longer about just pulling levers and finding keys. You are now required to use the nature and it`s element around you. Deaths in the game are brutal, and unlike the reaction you make in most games when you die: Oh damn, gotta reload and start over``, this time it will be more like: ``Jesus Christ that looked painful!``. Lara now also reacts more human than any of the video game characters I`ve seen so far, she is aware of her actions and consequences, she doesn`t kill just to move on, she kills to save, herself or others, she kills to survive and shows a range of emotions you`d expect from someone in her position. The camera is finally where it should be! It not only covers the action well but also makes it more dramatic and movie-like. The game is also very well optimized. It runs flawlessly on my mid-range pc with all options maxed, except for the hair, which completely ruins my frame rate when if I enable the TressFx. Guess I need a stronger pc for that one.
    To finish it up let me just say the game is Tomb Raider meets Bear Grylls on a trip to a world most dangerous location. Also, those calling the game a female version of Uncharted need to know one thing, Uncharted itself borrowed heavily from Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones to make a game of it`s own quality, and a great quality it is. This Tomb Raider follows the same footsteps, it doesn`t copy, it learns from it. The game reinvented itself, and it would go in this direction with or without Uncharted, as this is what the fans have been asking for since the game started reusing it`s formula, long before Uncharted.
    The only negative side I can point out is way too much grunting and moaning. I get that she is in a lot of pain, but she is sometimes too dramatic over every injury. And I feel like the whole ``element based puzzles`` could have been worked on a little more, cause the idea opens up a lot of opportunities.
    Thanks you Square Enix for not ruining the series and making it finished for good.
  41. Nov 27, 2013
    Was truly amazing, the only thing I drop a point for is the combat was to frequent, involved more people than one would expect for a ship wreck island, and didn't fit inline with the character development points.

Otherwise as a story run game, it was epic.
  42. Mar 5, 2013
    Game is just beautiful and brilliantly designed.Everything does its job very well.The only thing i get upset is the optional tombs you raid are so small and the reward is just some xp and some drawings of game.I was expecting some epic puzzles and epic treasures that we can also see.I guess they didn't have much time to complete the whole game.I finished the game with 83% with 10 hours.ItGame is just beautiful and brilliantly designed.Everything does its job very well.The only thing i get upset is the optional tombs you raid are so small and the reward is just some xp and some drawings of game.I was expecting some epic puzzles and epic treasures that we can also see.I guess they didn't have much time to complete the whole game.I finished the game with 83% with 10 hours.It was 83 cause i figured out the game after some playing, there is no tutorial to show how to use the interface, what can you find on your map etc. so i founded that i could actually see some trophies on the map and mark them to find them easier.I wish game was a little more longer, like a Uncharted game but hey, it is the best Tomb Raider i played and bounded emotionally. Expand
  43. Mar 6, 2013
    Excellent gameplay, solid plot, and wonderful graphics. For a modern day 3rd person shooter it is awesome. Deeper than Uncharted, multiple routes to take through quests, and a level up system similar to Far Cry. It is a combo game that doesn't fail in anyway except for the lack of puzzles. Add some serious Tomb Raider puzzles and this may have been the best in the series. As it is, I'm onExcellent gameplay, solid plot, and wonderful graphics. For a modern day 3rd person shooter it is awesome. Deeper than Uncharted, multiple routes to take through quests, and a level up system similar to Far Cry. It is a combo game that doesn't fail in anyway except for the lack of puzzles. Add some serious Tomb Raider puzzles and this may have been the best in the series. As it is, I'm on a second playthrough already. They did a great job of making you feel that no matter how skilled you play the game, Lara may not actually succeed at her goals. Pros:
    TressFX hair.
    The island is the star.
    Great pacing to the story and to Lara's development as a character.
    Nice job of making the player feel that they may not succeed at their mission until the last second. Cons:
    Massive performance drop with TressFX hair on (don't use this on anything but a top Intel chip processor and AMD 6970+ or NVIDIA GFX 660ti card, it killed every other set up I used).
    No puzzles (well they exist, but are short and very easy).
    Water could be better and Lara can't swim.
    Freedom of movement around the island comes very late in the story at which point you don't care about exploring any more. PC controls are not as smooth as the controller, again making the PC feel like an afterthought. Many people complain of crashes, but I had a smooth experience. Final Judgment:
    It is worth the $50 only if you like replaying games. It is short and a one time play for people only interested in the story. My first playthrough was about 8 hours and I completed 84% of the collectibles and challenges. Maybe a 6 hour game if you plow through the story.
  44. Mar 9, 2013
    Tomb Raider offers a completely new direction for the Iconic Lara Croft, who while a household name in the 90's, has fallen out of the public eye to some extent in later outings of her series. This re-imagining exists as sort of a Secret Origins for Lara Croft, showing how she went from the inquisitive skeptical college graduate and archaeologist to hardened survivor and intrepid explorerTomb Raider offers a completely new direction for the Iconic Lara Croft, who while a household name in the 90's, has fallen out of the public eye to some extent in later outings of her series. This re-imagining exists as sort of a Secret Origins for Lara Croft, showing how she went from the inquisitive skeptical college graduate and archaeologist to hardened survivor and intrepid explorer and eponymous Tomb Raider. I'm no expert on the character as I've never been that huge a fan of the series, while the idea was always appealing it never lured me in beyond, also I was a Nintendo Kid growing up, so if you're looking for a review that compares this tomb raider to the rest of the series disregard much of this. Tomb Raider begins with a Naive, innocent Lara going through hell, as the game progresses, Lara becomes more and more injured, and degraded, as she struggles to survive and overcome challenges. As a result of this characterization and graphic suffering and desperation, from the voice acting, to the animation, to the dirt and wounds and tearing of clothing, Lara's trial by fire feels almost uncomfortably real and I loved every minute of it. Every challenge she overcomes, she reacts to realistically and becomes stronger. She evolves into the character that became so iconic. Lara is fully 3 dimension and this is wholly her story. Speaking of story, the game employs a storytelling method of Lara's natural curiosity getting the better of her, even through all she's suffering through and being challenged with to uncover the secrets of the island she's crashed on. By finding old documents, the journals of long dead inhabitants of the islands, her crewmates, her own internal monologues at campfires, and through uncovering lost tombs and relics scattered throughout the island, you discover the secrets and revelations of the islands dark past yourself. This game is very much like playing an Indiana Jones movie mixed with some survival horror and cult shocker. The gameplay is smooth and feels visceral and rewarding, you feel real danger, and there are genuine thrills, additionally, failure is rewarded with a gruesome and not for the feint of heart death sequence that would push the squeamish to do better, further amping up the survival factor (though a sadistic player may try to fail each one once just to see all the many death animations and there are a lot of them) The combat however is typical of the genre, cover based with much more desperation involve, regenerating health returns but without a health bar or any track of it, the slightest mix up can get you killed, but there is usally a chance to get to cover and survive. that is what this game is all about. Survival. armed with bow and arrow, climbing axe, pistol,and later more brutal weapons, Lara gets downright savage in this game toward the end with her own killing animations. You gain experience for finding relics, killing, hunting, finding collectibles and story objectives which are used to buy skills, higher level skills are only unlocked after unlocking a number of prequisite skills to gain access to another tier, weapons can be upgraded to a point at which you must find parts to upgrade to another tier of of weapon (a makeshift bow becomes a recurve bow, et cetera) The game places emphasis on using your head, enviroment, surroundings and stealth to your advantage, you have a dedicated 'scramble' button to avoid or minimize damage in combat, that while effective is not guaranteed to work. Standing out of cover to take your time is frustrating though, as it opens you up, but the aiming is sluggish (and you must be aiming to fire) and the enemies move quickly and almost non stop, even when you're still unnoticed, while realistic, can be irritating as it makes carefully timing your shots less effective and more dangerous than frantically spraying bullets in combat and hoping you kill it. perhaps this adds a dose of realism? I dont think so.

The few flaws this game has is the fact that I feel it overuses quick time events somewhat, while I like them and think they enhance cut scenes by making them more "gamey" they are something of a crutch. I dislike how easy the platforming is sometimes and how linear the game can be, but the puzzles are often interesting, yet still simple while I would prefer more complex ones, they are there but too few. There are elements of metroidvania gameplay here I appreciate (areas and bonuses are locked until you get a certain piece of equipment, at which point you can return to the area) also, the combat has too much emphasis on gunning down your opponents later in game and it's much much more difficult to remain stealthy and precise. it becomes too easy to simply mow down enemies with various guns late game. While satisfying the first chance you get to do this, it hurts the overall experience. But overall, the negatives aren't enough to weigh down such a great game.
  45. Mar 11, 2013
    This game has expanded in almost every aspect. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay and the storyline are top notch. It feels good to see one of your favorite game franchises do well.
  46. Mar 21, 2013
    The game feels so great and polished. Its just flow. The graphic is supreme. I think this is the best game i personally played since arkham city. But i must say than. Even doe that the game feels so nice and shiny. I still feel that the game have been to much setup for you. Not so much choosing of you own. Just follow the path. All the escapes and collapsing runs a stunning work and setup.The game feels so great and polished. Its just flow. The graphic is supreme. I think this is the best game i personally played since arkham city. But i must say than. Even doe that the game feels so nice and shiny. I still feel that the game have been to much setup for you. Not so much choosing of you own. Just follow the path. All the escapes and collapsing runs a stunning work and setup. But its just to controlled and as the player i feel like i have no control. Then i would have liked to see more advance puzzle. And not so easy a way to find all the treasures that just pups up on the map and gps track on them. The treasures also feels like something completely unnecessary in the game. But but.. As i give this game a score on 9 just say that the overall off the game still works totally awesome. I just see a lot of things that would make this game epic. It really have a lot off potential. So i look forward to the next chapter in Lara crofts life.. Expand
  47. Mar 28, 2013
    Very nice Game, it is a completely different game than the previous parts!
    Nice graphic, levels and sound. In my opinion buy it, play it...
    PS: Lara is very sexy...
    ... good work graphic-artists
  48. Apr 8, 2013
    Great third person shooting and exploration. Quite brutal fatalities, this game is really gory and bloody. Decent Indiana Jones-esque story. Main character undergoes an arc. Starts out as a vulnerable everyday girl who nearly gets raped. Becomes a hardened survivor and merciless killer. If you're looking for a tough female protagonist who can really take a beating, look no further.
    Game
    Game is easy, so set it to Hard difficulty. Be warned, QTEs abound. You can "fast travel" back to most areas to fully explore them, but the lack of enemies makes it kinda boring. This should have a chapter select or at least manual saving.
  49. Apr 25, 2013
    Tomb Raider is by far one of the best games of this year because of this graphics, story, dramatic and intense moments and gameplay and characters.
    It has a lot of cutscenes but they are there to help the game do better and the con that is not that big is that there are a lot of quick-time events but they are infused well and you can notice when the cutscene ends and a quick-time event starts because of its great transition from one to another.
    Now to talk about multiplayer it seems like a pasted in not that good multiplayer because it does not do any thing new or interesting.
    Overall this game could have been a 10 if it wasn't for some things that draw it back and the multiplayer but still this might very well be one of the games of the year.
  50. Apr 27, 2013
    The new Tomb Raider is not just a normal game The new Tomb Raider is totally different than the other Tomb Raider´s in this Tomb Raider you will have a new achievements you will be able to upgrade your weapons you will meet new character´s you will be able to upgrade Lara´s skills in order to make Lara stronger.
    With the new On-line Mode you will have a new different modes including
    With the new On-line Mode you will have a new different modes including "Death Match" to compete with your friends, also on the On-line Mode you can improve the level of your character and also you can improve your own character!
    But is not on that! New down-loadable contents are available As we know the down-loadable help us improving the game. Like on this Tomb Raider you will be able to buy weapons maps and skills on the down-loadable content store of the game.
    Graphics are very improved? Yes it is The graphics on the new Tomb Raider are very improved than other computer games. With the AMD TRESS FX we can see the Lara´s hair totally moving That´s Fantastic. Many people don´t believe the TRESS FX is true but when I play and I tried TRESS FX I really see with my eyes Lara´s hair moving!
    I also read some comment of people that have difficulty on finishing the Single or History Mode the games is´n so difficult the game needs to have his own difficulty like on other games!

I recommend totally to buy this Game! If you´re a previous Tomb Raider fan this game will let you be more than a Tomb Raider fan!
  51. May 15, 2013
    This game takes the delicate, young Croft through a state of psychological brilliance and intrigue, paired against despair and unfounded hate. In executing a game almost a decade after the popular series was making its mark in the market, the developers not only put life in the busty adventurer, but made her relate-able (as much as possible when comparing your every-day gamer to a gritty,This game takes the delicate, young Croft through a state of psychological brilliance and intrigue, paired against despair and unfounded hate. In executing a game almost a decade after the popular series was making its mark in the market, the developers not only put life in the busty adventurer, but made her relate-able (as much as possible when comparing your every-day gamer to a gritty, in your face revenge killer who searches for long lost treasures).

The game, most especially in the opening, is not completely littered with cut-scenes. However, they are common. Most notably, they are common without being destructive to any degree. They flawlessly wedge their way into the gameplay, incorporating even the semi-common slow motion action and button mash scenes that, yes, make no sense. However, the designer is keeping you enthralled.

By making the introduction interesting and keeping out repetitive wash and action, they don't overwhelm you with terrible cut scenes like most games, only to then destroy your senses through implementation of overplayed and overly familiar battle scenes. They acknowledge the fact that most battles in a single game will be dramatically representative of each other, but do so without making them drab or useless.

The story alone is worth 10 points. The beautiful graphics (playing on eyefinity, 3-monitors. its ok to be jelous), matched to the not entirely linear story only reinforces that rating. Puzzles make sense without being blatantly obvious. And a modern feel of experience for weapon upgrades and skill, resembling Croft's jump into the busty destruction we are all familiar with from her soft past, make for a modern game with a historic feel, all without giving you the handicap all games seem to be giving you.

Also, the lacking downloadable content remind me that this company is the last one to remind us that the cost of the game is about the story, playability, replayability, and enjoyment...Not about making extra bucks and changing their name to Blizzard Entertainment, all while holding ourselves in public because, hey, we are Blizzard and we don't care about you. Now pay us for this reskinning.

Lets just hope companies will follow in these footsteps and do the right thing. Make art that is enjoyable, accurate, and destructively fun.

As said, the execution is almost incredibly flawless. However, the one thing I can't get over is the fact that they gave her a "mountain axe" (its called an ice tool); enabling her to throw 1/8cm steel straight into rock and pull it out again without bringing any damage to the tool. This is just depressing since i have been ice climbing most my life and know exactly the limitations.

No, this shouldn't bother me. But I could expect this in an Indie game and not a game where, despite the legend they try to bring to life in Yamatai, the developers did their homework. All they needed to do was call Petzl (the company they obviously got the design from) and ask, "how do you use this?"
  52. Jan 8, 2014
    This game takes inspirations from uncharted series and has some of the most breathtaking scenes seen in games.Combat and controls are easy and quick time events don't feel forced.Soundtrack and voice acting is just amazing and while others characters don't feel well made,it is Lara croft that shines like a star.Exploring is more physics based than with riddles and while there are a few youThis game takes inspirations from uncharted series and has some of the most breathtaking scenes seen in games.Combat and controls are easy and quick time events don't feel forced.Soundtrack and voice acting is just amazing and while others characters don't feel well made,it is Lara croft that shines like a star.Exploring is more physics based than with riddles and while there are a few you really wished there were a few more.The only bad thing about the game was the unnecessary multiplayer put into the game. Expand
  53. Aug 23, 2013
    Great game. The first thing that comes in my mind in reviewing this game is that the reboot is not a combat game and it is still great. The story line is amazing and you never feel the urge to skip cut-scenes as you are too connected to the game. The only con to this game is the MP, which isn't bad. But also nothing special, also it doesn't fit TR in my opinion.
  54. Sep 9, 2013
    I was slowly becoming disenchanted of the whole Tomb Raider scene. Probably because I felt she was really a man hating feminist. Its still there but far more toned down. However, I'm glad I brought this. A lot of care obviously went into producing this title, and Miss Croft looks stunning, and even shows a vulnerable side. She also accumulates physical scarring. I liked the QTE inI was slowly becoming disenchanted of the whole Tomb Raider scene. Probably because I felt she was really a man hating feminist. Its still there but far more toned down. However, I'm glad I brought this. A lot of care obviously went into producing this title, and Miss Croft looks stunning, and even shows a vulnerable side. She also accumulates physical scarring. I liked the QTE in this game. They provide the opportunity for some visually impressive action. Something that's hard to achieve in normal control mode. The only thing I missed was the LC signature tune which should have made an appearance at least occasionally. Highly enjoyable and my personal Game of the year 2013. Well done Square Enix & Crystal Dynamics. Other games I recommend are The Witcher 1 & 2. Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2013
    This is a good game, good graphics, A lot of elements, good environment. intelligent a.i. Good puzzles. I recommend this it is by far one of the best games out there. (In my opinion).
  56. Nov 11, 2013
    This is not 'child at play' where a cute girl jumps some ledges.Violence and doll face damsels don't go together always,but TR is something different.Yes, you have to climb rocks and break boxes, but why not, when you can finish off your enemy with the same tool.
  57. Dec 16, 2013
    Perfect. Crystal Dynamics, and all involved. Thank you for providing one of the best games ever made. This is the best game made in the last 10 years. Its just plain fun and exciting. Story, Characters, Graphics, and Gameplay OMG the gameplay!! I have never played a game so easy to control so fun beautiful, entertaining. I'd also like to mention.. for the PC gamers, I'm not sure how theyPerfect. Crystal Dynamics, and all involved. Thank you for providing one of the best games ever made. This is the best game made in the last 10 years. Its just plain fun and exciting. Story, Characters, Graphics, and Gameplay OMG the gameplay!! I have never played a game so easy to control so fun beautiful, entertaining. I'd also like to mention.. for the PC gamers, I'm not sure how they did it but the game is not overly demanding on system resources. This programing team really has their stuff together. Again.. Thank you. Expand
  58. Jan 1, 2014
    Firsdt of all i must say it's my first 3rd Person adventure of this kind (free camera positioning and shooter elements) i ever played and the surprise was a very positive one.
    I recommend playing this even the shooting scenes with Gamepad, since it's more handy for climbing, jumping and exploring the area. It was designed for Xbox360 controller but i'm sure others will perform as well.
    As i'm a user of nVidia GTX 670 i am limited to 40fps since the game is hungry for recources but AMD cards should work much better.

Now to the Pros:
    - Excellent Graphics
    - Catching Storyline binds you to the game
    - You can switch actually between mouse+keyboard and controler by pressing any button
    - Not too hard to master but has a good learning curve
    - Nice detailed World with lot's of small treasures to find
    - It's as far as i played the missions bug-free
    - You won't miss out important stuff if you run through the world and explore the extra tombs later but it lwill make the gameplay just much more easy if you do explore everything.

Neither good or bad:
    - Sometimes enemys are triggered by moving at a certain spot and can be avoided if you have a good gaming instinct. They might apear as well on cleared spots where they can not have passed you during the gameplay.

now to the cons.:

- Excells only with AMD graphics (technology for her hair is built like that)
    - I had 2 times a game crash during 15hours gameplay but it might be a problem on my PC
    - Quicktime events affect the impression of a fluid gameplay, but they are not as disturbing as in Battlefield 3 and you actually handle them more easily.
    - Some cutscence are a bit too long and sometimes i feel like watching retards just blobing into a epic trap fails. I mean Lara sometimes could just take out the gun and mow them all down, instead of getting nearly killed. Sometimes traps are so obvious i wouldn't make the mistake she does.
    - Lara is as bit overpowered jumping off >20m heights and not breaking a single bone but hey it's a Game and no simulation. Falling might be not deadly enough...

I still haven't tested multiplayer but i loved killing rats and birds as well as the scavenging :D
  59. Jan 25, 2014
    once you get past the first 30 mins of cut-scenes and quick-time events then the game opens up and will make you feel every emotion Lara is going through. This is the best survivor game ever made and one of the best third person action games ever made too. due to 95% of cut-scenes being rendered in game , the PC version in particular really impress with amazing visuals and the bestonce you get past the first 30 mins of cut-scenes and quick-time events then the game opens up and will make you feel every emotion Lara is going through. This is the best survivor game ever made and one of the best third person action games ever made too. due to 95% of cut-scenes being rendered in game , the PC version in particular really impress with amazing visuals and the best character models seen to date. Expand
  60. Jan 29, 2014
    This game is awesome. I am not a fan of Tomb Raider game but this version of Tomb Raider makes me good hooked to the game and unwilling to let go of my controller :D

The actions are way better. I love the PC ver of Lara, way better facial features compare to PS3 and Xbox (even if the graphic is not as detailed). To enjoy this game, play it with a Windows XBox Controller ;)
  61. Aug 22, 2014
    Excellent. However, it may feel repetitive at times but that doesn't take away anything from this beautifully crafted game. The only reason I shave-off a point here is because of the plethora of cut-scenes involved. All in all, a superb reboot to the franchise with an engrossing back-story. Disappointed with the Xbox One exclusivity of the sequel though.
  62. Mar 22, 2013
    Great game if you like the original series on the console, this one just makes the franchise better. The new Lara Croft is awesome she's more like a real person and less like a cartoon. The voice acting and the graphics are very well done. The story is immersive and compelling. So many titles for the Xbox are just rehashing the same old stuff, but that's not the case with Tomb Raider.
  63. Mar 28, 2013
    Tomb Raider had great graphics. I loved the game how they made an innocent Lara Croft into a survivor. I really got into this game. I do hate action cut scenes, but other than that it really was a good game. I think they did a wonderful job.
  64. Jun 26, 2014
    I bought this game for a measly £3.74 on a steam sale the other day and I am VERY impressed. I was never really into the tomb raider series, after the boob hype from the first game, but I can't recommend this game enough.
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb) AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz) 8gb ram (Valueram) SSD gaming drive My
    The first thing that struck me was the performance. My relevant system specs:
    Nvidia 660GTX (2gb)
    AMD 4300 (Quad core 3.8ghz)
    8gb ram (Valueram)
    SSD gaming drive
    My PC is decent, but could be a lot better. I'm used to having the choice between the best graphics and stutter free experience, but this game gave me both. I jumped straight into the game on 'Ultimate' settings expecting to have to turn the settings down but I didn't have to touch them. Gameplay is always smooth, loading screens very short, and the graphics are sublime. This is hands down the best performance/graphics tradeoff I've seen in a game. Metro: Last Light may have been prettier (if that's the right term to describe a post-apocalyptic scene), but it couldn't match the performance of Tomb Raider at any graphics settings.
    After getting into the game and admiring the graphics, however, the next thing that struck me was the story-telling. The first hour or so is a very linear experience, with a gradual introduction to key gameplay mechanics and an unfolding of the basic story that these mechanics are telling. It's not giving anything away to say that you start off as a fairly meek young girl, but the evolution into a hero is executed masterfully. Not too quick so as to become meaningless, nor too slow as to become tedious. Before too long you are equipped with the skill-set required to traverse the island in a dynamic and fun way, and the story entwines with your progression through the island in a way that makes each area a meaningful addition to the game.
    Atmosphere also deserves a mention because, while you gradually become able to master some of the scenes that you find yourself in, my own experience was that I always felt like a visitor to that island. But that is certainly not a bad thing. This is a game that makes you creep round corners in fear of disturbing an unknown setting. My own play-style was one that meant I preferred to weigh up an area before jumping into it, and this game was really well crafted for that. That may not be everyone's cup of tea but if it is then you won't be disappointed by the reward you feel by having assessed a situation correctly. The puzzles, or hidden tombs, are perfect examples of this. While not particularly difficult, you cannot just storm into them without paying attention to your surroundings and expect to win. You need to look around, understand your scenario and maybe even do a bit of trial and error before passing them. The in-game rewards from these hidden tombs are paltry but the satisfaction for completing them (and the atmosphere of the tombs themselves) is enough to make them exceedingly worthwhile.
    The last thing that deserves a mention is character progression, which I felt was just right for an action game. The options for weapon mods and person skills are limited and the best skills are locked behind a 'you need x skills to unlock' tier system. Unless you storm through the game without doing any of the extra tombs, or miss all the salvage available, the likelihood is that you'll pick up most of the skills available in a fairly linear system. In an RPG, this would be a major downfall, but this is not an RPG and theory-crafting would not be welcome here. The skills you learn have a noticeable effect on gameplay but each only in a minor way. The game would not be broken if you choose not to pick up any skills, and on the flip-side, you are not a god by having them all.
    The major issue that people raise about the game is its linear nature, and it's a fair assessment. If that is a problem for you then you may not enjoy the game. But this game is about story and it unashamedly executes that story in a masterful way. You are at the helm of that story but you are not going to change it and this is not to everyone's taste, as can be seen from the negative comments here. A lot of games pretend to have choice in an ultimately linear experience (The Stanley Parable can be seen as an excellent commentary on this, as well as a more visceral commentary on gaming in general), rarely a game may actually present you with game-changing choices. Some of the strongest examples of gaming in recent years, however, recognise the potential to tell a particular story in computer games. Tomb Raider is one of the finest examples of this story-driven genre.
  65. Mar 13, 2013
    I will give this a 10 simply because I was amazed. When I played this game random thoughts sounded like: "How much work has been put in this game to make it so amazing"... I was impressed, the story is acceptable (I wouldn't call the story mind-blowing, what is mind-blowing is the overall feel)
  66. Mar 6, 2013
    This game has me amazed. It is beautiful in every step of its design, hectic, fast paced, clever and all around gorgeous. Gory when it has to be, dark and mysterious and action packed from minute one. I hadn't been addicted to a single player game like this since Mass Effect 'nuff said.
  67. Mar 5, 2013
    I am playing on gtx460 with the tressfx on. Graphics setting to ultimate. Frame rate stays around 30-40FPS in 720p. Game looks amazing! played for about 2 hours so far game is smooth, and no freezes, or reboots. The game does plays more like Uncharted then the old Tomb Raiders. Game feels polished. You can see/feel the level of detail the devs put into this game. A great step forwardI am playing on gtx460 with the tressfx on. Graphics setting to ultimate. Frame rate stays around 30-40FPS in 720p. Game looks amazing! played for about 2 hours so far game is smooth, and no freezes, or reboots. The game does plays more like Uncharted then the old Tomb Raiders. Game feels polished. You can see/feel the level of detail the devs put into this game. A great step forward IMO. I haven't played the console versions, but the PC on ultimate is some of the best graphics I've played. Its not all about the graphics though. The controls are also tight and responsive, and the game play up there with the best. I will be restarting the game on hard because the game does feel a little easy on normal. Expand
  68. Nov 1, 2014
    One of the best games i ever played. Finally a Tomb Raider game for grown-ups.
    Graphics, sound & atmosphere are immersive...like playing an interactive action/thriller movie.
    Ayebos Rating: 9 out of 10.
  69. May 8, 2013
    This game is amazing. I love the lore around the island, as well as the story that is being told through flashbacks, Lara's observations, as well as the items you pick up all around the island. The combat is fluid, and I never feel like I am overwhelmed or frustrated with the controls. The control scheme on the mouse and keyboard is amazingly done and I never catch myself hunting for keysThis game is amazing. I love the lore around the island, as well as the story that is being told through flashbacks, Lara's observations, as well as the items you pick up all around the island. The combat is fluid, and I never feel like I am overwhelmed or frustrated with the controls. The control scheme on the mouse and keyboard is amazingly done and I never catch myself hunting for keys to press. The puzzles and challenges within levels, or areas of the map are well thought out and well done. Hats off to the developers for making a wonderful origin story for Lara Croft. Simply amazing, and I have compared it to a good book, I just can't put the game down. Expand
  70. Mar 12, 2013
    This game is great. I have not liked the last few, but was previously a fan of the series. A see some reviews say it is too easy or movie like. I think the tombs are a little easier, but I enjoy progressing thru the story.
  71. Mar 8, 2013
    This is the most realistic action/survival game I have ever played. I'm amazed by it. Sure there are some slightly unrealistic details such as using a ice axe on stone walls, or rope arrows but it is easy to overlook.

The voice acting, movements, emotion are all top notch. It isn't that far off from top notch movie quality. There are only very minor bugs I have encountered with the

There are only very minor bugs I have encountered with the release. It is stable, fun, and totally engrossing.
  72. Aug 25, 2013
    This is what I expect today's AAA titles to be like. Beautiful graphics, nice game-engine cut-scenes, decent story (although quite foreseeable) and a fair distribution of checkpoints. Also, the "new" Lara Croft is much more believable and likable that the "old" one.
  73. Jul 13, 2013
    Story was extremely fun, Most fun I have had in a while to be honest. Watching Lara get the crap beat out of here is a little depressing though. You get used to it after a while though.
  74. Mar 6, 2013
    The game is great, I even can not express in words the pleasure I get from this game, I'm the first minutes of the game, I realized that my game. loved the multiplayer.
    I still recommend you to buy and play this game
  75. Sep 13, 2013
    Amazing game!!! One of the best I've played! It changes a little bit of the essence of Tomb Raider, but still very good!! I like the way things happens, they made a lot of time event, but in my opinion they did it good!
    I'm disappointed only with the puzzles mostly are too easy!! The voices are very well played, sound and music very good!
  76. Mar 5, 2013
    Really nice game. Tressfx looks amazing. It is one of the best episode of tomb raider series imo.The controls are kinda hard on a keyboard but works on a 360 controller. Good job square enix!
  77. Mar 7, 2013
    what a well made game
    i can't close my mouth
    this is awesome and cool
    squaer enix do it finally
    i really love square enix now
    you should buy it through anyway
    amd or steam
    but this game lose its own game style.
  78. Mar 5, 2013
    The BEST tomb raider of the series. Definitely a MUST BUY, the graphics and story are FIRST CLASS. But the multiplayer was a bit disappointing. Nonetheless this game is EPIC. All hail SQUARE ENIX
  79. Mar 5, 2013
    Yes for the whole new Tomb Raider reboot. Why am I saying that? Because this new Tomb Raider has improved a lot from what is missing and being boring in the old series. With the almost open world style, amazing climbing, very nice Puzzles, some QTEs, some Epic scenes, very fun shooting system and wonderful journey in Single Player plus some enjoyable from Multiplayer make the new rebootYes for the whole new Tomb Raider reboot. Why am I saying that? Because this new Tomb Raider has improved a lot from what is missing and being boring in the old series. With the almost open world style, amazing climbing, very nice Puzzles, some QTEs, some Epic scenes, very fun shooting system and wonderful journey in Single Player plus some enjoyable from Multiplayer make the new reboot into the new fanstatic game, some what different but still closer to the old. You shouldn't see some troll or haters, all what you need is taking the game and ready to enjoy one of the most anticipated game of the year. Expand
  80. Mar 5, 2013
    I am a Tomb Raider fan since TR1 and I must say I think this is probably the best reboot a serie ever had. I am playing it on my pc with ULTIMATE settings, and the game is incredible. The physics, the animations, the acting, the environment... The survival gameplay is PERFECT, the game does everything to make of feel in a survival mode and it's really well done. Some tv shows can'tI am a Tomb Raider fan since TR1 and I must say I think this is probably the best reboot a serie ever had. I am playing it on my pc with ULTIMATE settings, and the game is incredible. The physics, the animations, the acting, the environment... The survival gameplay is PERFECT, the game does everything to make of feel in a survival mode and it's really well done. Some tv shows can't even produce the same effect. I am having a lot of fun, which is something unusual with me for most new games. I just finished Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 and both weren't even close to how good my first hour in Tomb Raider is. This is a must buy. I think it's a game anybody can like, even the ones who can't stand a TR game. There are some puzzles, but it's not as advanced since we are only playing "young Lara". And I must say, it feels really realistic. Just to give an exemple how good it is, at the beginning Lara is almost covered in blood, but after going outside where it rains, the rain cleaned her. It's one the very subtile things of this game like that, that creates the realistic ambiance. Expand
  81. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is wonderful its like uncharted meets lost with the good old fashioned tomb raider spirit and exploration and solid platforming, also runs fantastic maxed out on my 4yr oldpc and has some of the best environments in modern gaming.
  82. Mar 8, 2013
    The creators of Tomb Raider has received some criticism based on gender prejudice. This is a vital problem in todays gaming industry, and I was afraid of it afflicting this game with its disease as well. Thankfully, that was not the case. In fact, I think this might be one of the first truly believable characters ever created, and she is not stereotypically female (nor is sheThe creators of Tomb Raider has received some criticism based on gender prejudice. This is a vital problem in todays gaming industry, and I was afraid of it afflicting this game with its disease as well. Thankfully, that was not the case. In fact, I think this might be one of the first truly believable characters ever created, and she is not stereotypically female (nor is she stereotypically male, as certain ass-kicking heroines tend to be).
    Her character development does seem kind of rushed outside of cut-scenes due to the high numbers of enemies she encounters early on, but this is such a minor problem that as soon as you get to grips with the genre they have chosen to portray her in you will see it as nothing but a minor inconvenience.

The biggest flaws with this game are the enemy AI. They will often take time to start firing, and there is quite often you see a body part sticking out from behind their cover, making them way too easy too snipe off. Due to Lara's low health and the games plentiful enemies, this does not alter the difficulty too much, but it does cut away from the immersion. Furthermore, there are some few things that will be bothersome from time to time; for example, the fact that you can't roll through holes in the wall (you will in fact bounce back from an invisible wall).

The story is well thought out and is interesting throughout the game. The relics and journals are all building immersion, and keeps you playing this otherwise fairly short game for a lot longer than it would have if it would have been, for example, artwork (as is the case in a lot of other game in this and similar genres). I would not say there are an abundance of clever plot twists (mosts are in fact quite obvious from the beginning), but nevertheless I could not see that it would have made the game any better.
    The platforming and puzzle-solving, while still easier than average, gives a sense of satisfaction. You won't be stuck for half an hour figuring out how to open the door to the temple (which will then require you to cross the world to obtain the necessary item), but instead you will probably solve it in a few minutes, using only objects directly available. This is a great way to use these techniques without alienating a major part of their target audience.

The graphics are amazing. Certain games, like BF3 and Crysis, keeps on getting good graphics review simply from the fact that they add pixels. In Tomb Raider, this is not the case. Well, not only, at least. The softness of the light, the amazing views and the great choice of colours makes Tomb Raider truly stand out. It is hard not to be caught up in this world, where every step you take could be part of a cut scene (and the cut-scenes are even better!).

Even though it has its flaws, Tomb Raider earns a well deserved 10. The last time I was this much in love with a game was when the original American McGee's Alice was released. And that was almost 13 years ago.
    Tomb Raider is a completely different genre than earlier Tomb Raiders game. They have given up the hardcore platforming and puzzling, and exchanged it for a deep personality and an interesting story. I for one could not be happier.
  83. Mar 7, 2013
    Great game it is nice to see such a great remake for the game. Hope it continues to be during the whole game. The graphics is really good on my laptop.
  84. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is vast, gorgeous and intense. It might be too early to say, but after a couple of hours in, this feels like GOTY-material. I love how the game expands on the emotional side of the character, who, surprisingly enough, doesn't fall flat on it's face- shame you can't say the same about the other characters, whom have little to nothing memorable. Many people have said 'the game isThis game is vast, gorgeous and intense. It might be too early to say, but after a couple of hours in, this feels like GOTY-material. I love how the game expands on the emotional side of the character, who, surprisingly enough, doesn't fall flat on it's face- shame you can't say the same about the other characters, whom have little to nothing memorable. Many people have said 'the game is holding my hands too much, this looks like a movie' but to be fair, what you miss in the hand-driven sequences you have in abundance in finding the artifacts and solving optional puzzles throughout the island. Yes, there is a perk system and yes, there are many quick-time-events but really, don't pass on this game. You'll miss out. Expand
  85. Mar 8, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I am very glad I bought this game. I play all types of games, and this has been one of my favorite ones lately. I would give this a 10, but the multiplayer shouldn't be there, it's more of a thing to do after you have done 100% completion on hardest setting. I played through the entire game on normal with 80% completion when I was done, and man did I haveLet me start by saying that I am very glad I bought this game. I play all types of games, and this has been one of my favorite ones lately. I would give this a 10, but the multiplayer shouldn't be there, it's more of a thing to do after you have done 100% completion on hardest setting. I played through the entire game on normal with 80% completion when I was done, and man did I have fun. The people who complain about QTE's must be jaded to the fun that they can be, and how it keeps you honest around every corner by making sure you got your hand on the buttons or you could be roflstomped. Tomb Raider is back, and making an attempt to freshen up what had gotten to be a stale shooter with puzzles. Some people hate change, but in my opinion, without the overhaul that SE did with this franchise, Lara would be done. I can honestly say that I felt attached to Lara in this game unlike any previous titles, and the secondary characters had some dimension, but you have to read all of the journals and hear all of the really well done vocal/voice work to understand them deeper than just "Lara and friends". The graphics are well done, with the exception of some shadow glitches in certain foliage on PC (hoping it's a small patch fix.) I was impressed overall by the quality and consistency, there was even a graphic setting for her hair which when turned on, made it render what seems like each strand of hair and not a solid seeming hair. The action has you going non stop from place to place, there is always something to do, and finding all of the weapon upgrades is key to having the most fun out of this game. I would recommend this game to my friends and family, I thought it was very well done. Expand
  86. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a fantastic game. Great story, a prequel. Great mix of action and puzzles. Great graphics, Lara has never looked so well. The game borrows a lot from Uncharted, but it's not bad, it's very good. Last series had become boring and breathe something new in Lara Croft. The guys who made this game tried their best. I hope that the next part will be worse. The game just pulls his magicThis is a fantastic game. Great story, a prequel. Great mix of action and puzzles. Great graphics, Lara has never looked so well. The game borrows a lot from Uncharted, but it's not bad, it's very good. Last series had become boring and breathe something new in Lara Croft. The guys who made this game tried their best. I hope that the next part will be worse. The game just pulls his magic and mysticism. Wants to play again by the minute, seek to explore, to plunder the tomb. My rating 10 out of 10, so far the best game in 2013. Play necessarily. Expand
  87. Mar 10, 2013
    If you enjoy playing through an awesome story-line with great characters, beautiful surroundings/graphics, and lots of kick ass action that gets your heart pumping, then this is the game for you. With the option bonus of puzzle tombs and for the collectors plenty to find and explore. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, so far best of 2013. Tons of fun, and hope they make another! Don't miss this one!
  88. Mar 12, 2013
    Just about perfect. Great story, great pacing, beautiful graphics. Only complaint is the current issue with Nvidia and the hair, but otherwise the game runs great.
  89. Mar 17, 2013
    loving this game. enjoying every moment of it. first one i played was tomb raider II. i can say even with graphically improved gameplay and new environment. the feeling of playing a tomb raider game is still present.
  90. May 16, 2013
    Giving this a 10 because it's the only game out there that focuses on a strong supportive friendship/relationship between two women and we need more of that in the gaming industry.

And that's just ignoring the flawless 3rd person cover and platforming systems. I do have one complaint as an old Tomb Raider fan I found the "puzzles" in this game far too easy. but I'm willing to ignore

And that's just ignoring the flawless 3rd person cover and platforming systems.

I do have one complaint as an old Tomb Raider fan I found the "puzzles" in this game far too easy. but I'm willing to ignore it to be part of this amazing story of Lara's that is unlike anything else out in the gaming medium today.
  91. Mar 21, 2013
    The best thing about this game is that it's fun! You always feel compelled to go on, every action feels natural and simple but rewarding.
    Art direction is amazing and the environments and characters look gorgeous.
  92. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is amazing. I feel bad for the devs, since the game didn't get the sales it deserved. Discounted 75% on Steam several times which is how I acquired it also. Let's just hope the PS4 version gets some proper recognition. It is simply the best action-adventure I have ever played, and I've played them all. I live for that genre.
    -The world/level design is spectacular
    -the PC
    -The world/level design is spectacular
    -the PC ported gfx is flawless and breathtaking
    -the gameplay is so much fun as you navigate all across this island, from intense shootouts, to exploring, to puzzles, to a stealthy ninja.
    -the quicktime events gets your heart racing as you get trown around like a ragdoll in every direction
    And the game is dark, bloody and so brutal it sometimes makes you cringe. Really hope for some proper DLC or a TR2 soon. (Didn't test multiplayer).
  93. Apr 26, 2013
    Simply wow. addictive and amazing! love Lara she is great a real human i felt for her! great island and exploring. Love the game play all of it i wish the DLC was more then just for multi-player which so totally sucks!
  94. Apr 27, 2013
    The game was fantastic as it had amazing graphics and excellent combat choices. I think it deserves a higher score as I reckon it is definately a "game of the year" contender. My only complaint is how it copies a bit too much off Uncharted 3 when it comes to some things like the free running and parkour as she moves a lot like Nathan Drake. But the motion capture was also brilliant and IThe game was fantastic as it had amazing graphics and excellent combat choices. I think it deserves a higher score as I reckon it is definately a "game of the year" contender. My only complaint is how it copies a bit too much off Uncharted 3 when it comes to some things like the free running and parkour as she moves a lot like Nathan Drake. But the motion capture was also brilliant and I reckon some of the best in a game. A bit too much quick time evernts. Over all a great game. Expand
  95. Apr 28, 2013
    Gorgeous world, great animations.
    + Good Character designing.
    + The story is a bit twisty, though not mind challenging at all.
    + Good little puzzles.
  96. May 2, 2013
    This game is awesome... I enjoyed too much!!!
    amazing adventure and story line!!
    Perfect!!
    Graphics awesome, Gameplay awesome, Storyline nice!!
    Lara Croft looks so hot!
  97. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked the storyline. When a character you lke dies (ex. Alex), I was going to cry. The controls aren't flexible than consoles, but it still makes you to play it. But some journals give you spoilers at the middle of the game. So, read the journals later! Expand
  98. May 19, 2013
    Laura Croft is beautiful as well as the games graphics. Been a fan since the first on ps1. once again 89 nubs are mad cause their pc's cant handle the game.
  99. Dec 7, 2013
    Really great game. Otherwise I wouldn't use time logging in here and rating it. I just like everything about it. The story, the layout and how you upgrade things so you have to collect stuff and choose what you wanna be better at.
  100. May 26, 2013
    Jogo maravilhoso, fechei num final de semana, imersivo, temática adulta, divertido, realmente transformaram a Lara num personagem profundo e com conteúdo, o jogo vale muito a pena, não consegui para de jogar até finalizar rs recomendo!

1. Jun 10, 2013
    The new incarnation of the iconic Lara Craft might very well be one of the best games out there right now. [April 2013]
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    Everything you could want from an archeological adventure, except having to press six keys to mantle. [Apr 2013, p.80]
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    While not every promising idea Tomb Raider has is pulled off successfully, it nevertheless turns in a tense and memorable ride that combines modern game design with its forebears’ adventurous spirit in some exciting ways. Some of its missteps may well come at the cost of your enjoyment, but most can’t hope to hurt the adventure in the long run. Although it never fully finds its identity, this is a game and a story worth seeing through.