Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Oct 22, 2012Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD might be worth a look if you were really into the series in its prime and want to experience a cleaned-up version of a distinct, defining moment in video games. For casual fans or new recruits, though, there's nothing in this high-def remix that will speak to them. And even the biggest of fans may feel mighty hollow by the shaky treatment of the once king of extreme sports games.
Oct 14, 2012another bad port..but the gameplay makes up for it....they should add some kind of patch for the additional settings...the stages alongwithanother bad port..but the gameplay makes up for it....they should add some kind of patch for the additional settings...the stages alongwith the skaters are cool....… Expand
Sep 19, 2012Although this is a very lazy port to the PC, it is very well optimized. There are no graphics options in the game menu. Luckily it wasAlthough this is a very lazy port to the PC, it is very well optimized. There are no graphics options in the game menu. Luckily it was unreal engine 3 and you can just go to the config to change whatever you want.(you can enable directx 11 and physx in the config believe it or not, though I did not notice a huge difference. There is no multiplayer which is kinda a disappointment. If you have the option to get a the console version then get it. The PC version isn't the worst port ever but its not the best. People are complaining about controls on the PC version which I think any sports game on PC should be used with a controller (I use my playstation 3 controller). Overall the game is great but is lazily ported by activision to the PC.… Expand
Sep 19, 2012This HD version does seem like a lazy job on the developers. It seems like they just added the stages and made it "playable" and gave it rightThis HD version does seem like a lazy job on the developers. It seems like they just added the stages and made it "playable" and gave it right to you, even with the glitches and no multiplayer. For a game to get delayed this long you would think it would play better but it is much worst than the other versions, which weren't very good to start out with. In fact the original N64 and PS1 versions had 2x as much content on it than this watered down PC version. However I did have some nostalgic feel to the game and the graphics are really well done, everything is pinpoint to the tricks and levels. Too bad it falls short of what it could of been if they added some more content.… Expand
Jul 6, 2013Reasons why this version is the worse.
1. No online what so ever even though if you look in the game files you will find gamespy server codeReasons why this version is the worse.
1. No online what so ever even though if you look in the game files you will find gamespy server code listed ready to use.
2. They shut down all the previous tony hawk servers because of the complaints of a lack of online play in this one even though they all where through gamespy which was generating ad-revenue on viewing the servers a ad would pop up and that ad revenue went to the servers and there was more than enough views to fund the servers.
3. the physics are glitchy as hell and barely playable.
4. The game feels so lazily done and so few maps are actually in the game it is really not worth getting.
5.No local multiplayer again the code is there.
6. Over priced DLC not worth the content. $5 for 3 maps and the ablity to revert and adds more skaters that you wont even care about.
7. No create a park
8. No create a skater
9. No customization what so ever
10. The avatar character is still in the code you can enable it and find that you will be playing as a balloon skateboarding, that is rather amusing.
11. Just buy proskater 1-3 for pc and you will get a much better experience.
12. Locked resolution to lower than 720p.… Collapse
Sep 19, 2012Utter garbage. Can't rebind the controls, change the resolution, or change any graphical settings.
The only gamepad support it has is forUtter garbage. Can't rebind the controls, change the resolution, or change any graphical settings.
The only gamepad support it has is for the 360 gamepad. No multiplayer, no level editor, more graphical and physics glitches than you can shake a stick at.
Easily the worst PC port I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying something.… Expand
- By user score