8.6

1. Aug 15, 2013
    I don't usually give out 10s, even amazing games with tons of playtime and play value get a 9. But Torchlight II is unbelievably fun. I've played through the entire game and started a New Game Plus and it's still fun! I played the original FATE game (and it's predecessors) a long time ago, and I loved them so much I was ecstatic to hear about a modern remake, and they did not disappoint in any area! In fact, even though I hold FATE as a classic and precious to me because of personal memories, Torchlight II may even be better. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2012
    Torchlight II is an amazing game. It lacks in some areas such as the boring story and the uninteresting characters, but this game wasn't built with a wonderful, story-driven experience in mind. Torchlight II is all about hacking and slashing, looting, levelling, exploring, upgrading skills and upgrading your current set of gear. All of these elements of the game are splendid, and the hack-and-slash gameplay can be a surprising challenge at times. The graphics aren't amazing, but the art style is really nice, and the game runs buttery-smooth on my PC. It's an overall very polished game which delivers on many aspects, and is very fun and addictive to play. Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best in the genre. Fun, fast paced and awesome, near overwhelming amounts of loot. The skills are all very good and allow for reasonably diverse character builds and the combat is very responsive & satisfying.

The game truly shines when modded. Throw Synergies and the T2 Essentials mod in and you'll get an extra 70 hours worth of content, half a dozen new
    classes and countless new pets to choose from.

Could not recommend it enough.
  4. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    A lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't the first time. New maps, new enemies, new weapons and armor. Every time you play this game something is always different and new. Killing enemies is very satisfying, hitting something with a giant two handed hammer and watching them blow up into bits of blood and flesh, is kind of awesome. The gameplay is much more fast paced it feels quick like you are a badass just mowing through enemies; It feels more like and action rpg then D3 did. And just being able to customize your characters stats and abilities is a big plus not just giving you a set of "use this, or this but that's it" like D3 had.

One big con for me is that you can't respec more than you 3 recent abilities. I can enjoy games like this more when I can get the most out of my character without having to start a new one, If I get bored of one spec I and try a different one, or try all 3 and see which one I like the most. That is fixed with a mod, but it would have been nice to have free range with that in game. Speaking of mods this game has a huge mod scene much like the first one which in my opinion keep the game alive longer, and I can expect that with the second. I can't wait to see what people come up with! Torchlight was a great game, but to me it always felt unfinished like it was missing the finale bit of polish or the finale bit of testing. Torchlight 2 fills that void I had felt with the first one it feels like a finished game, feels like a lot of work with into it, that they were making a game for the fans rather than money. They deserve all the good that has come there way with this game, and I can't wait to see this company's next installment!
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    Torchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The way Runic has designed the dungeons in the sequel is more along the lines of unique dungeons being placed throughout the world, and the player explores them to find loot and gain experience. The weapons have also changed a bit. Rifles have been replaced with crossbows, and the game has introduced shotguns and claws to the mix. You may also customize the appearance of your character, unlike in the previous one where you had a set appearance. Overall, it's a good improvement over an already good game. Expand
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    If I could only say a sentence about it I'd say It wound disappoint you like Diablo III did.
    The loot you get won't be nerf'd all the time. Your gameplay won't be over controlled. And the very most important thing: you can actually have fun playing it.
    What else should you expect from a game?
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game play style and that is really fun. And the multiplayer mode of the game is also good and balanced. And the story line of the game is really good. Its a must have game for you if are a die hard hack and slash RPG fan. Expand
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    Lots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPG games like Diablo. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2012
    Perfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who are complaining about the graphics are those who playing WOW and LOL ...I'm laughing at them so bad.. TL2 is an amazing game..only thing that misses is the ladder system! Expand
  10. Jan 20, 2013
    The ARPG that might save a genre! With D3's utter failure we(gamers) were left wondering if a truly fun and exciting genre was coming to an end? Had the ARPG run it's course? Nope, take the guys whop made D2 and fire them and have them come back and make another remarkable sequel.

The game gets a 9 from me. Would be and maybe a 10 in future if they can get the networking issues fixed.
    Also, the legendary loot needs work. It's almost as bad as the other ARPG that came out earlier.... Expand
  11. Dec 28, 2012
    Outstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of the environments look pretty good too. Seriously, don't waste your money on Diablo 3 (as I did..) - just load up Torchlight II and get clicking! Expand
  12. Dec 30, 2012
    The best hack n slash rpg game! Better than Diablo III! If you like h'n's rpg's you MUST play this game! Beautifull graphics, nice skills, epic battles and more... This is Torchlinght II!
  13. Jan 5, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options, showing how a game that's open can be successful; a true successor to the first Torchlight. Expand
  14. Jan 7, 2013
    I have Diablo 3 and i had fun with that game, but it is later boring...Torchlight 2 is the Diablo killer for me..because pvp, play offline single, no buy for win, play for win ...
  15. Mar 20, 2013
    A thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easier difficulties, but if you want to survive the highest difficulty, only the best builds will do. Weapon and armor drops have random stats just like in Borderlands. And you can customize them even further by slotting in gems and/or having them enchanted. Add in shops, a gambling vendor, fishing (heh) and a load of end-game content... Well, you get the picture by now. The best thing for me was how well balanced and polished this all feels. And at the price they're selling it, I advise everyone to try it. Expand
  16. Feb 9, 2013
    In the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for a "Action-RPG" that would once again make them feel the same way as they felt playing through Diablo 2. A handful of things this game simplified that Diablo 2 3 failed to execute: Inventory No more saving up Gems Embers to transmute into higher ones.
    Item Transfers You now have a personal stash and a shared stash that allows easy transfer-ability between characters.
    Full Inventory Your "Mercenary Pet" is now able to run to town and empty your inventory for you, as well as go shopping for you while you remain on the battlefield!
    Specialization Ever wanted to try an ability out to see how it pairs the way you're building your character? You can remove 3 of your last talent points spent and replace them, if you dislike the direction the new ability was taking your character's play style.
    Secondary Spells Or rather spells that you can find while playing through the game, allows more customization to one's own character, as well as mercenary pet! No more going to specific Acts on specific difficulties for that one mercenary ability you want!

Anyhow, if you can get past the initial graphic difference, since this game is definitely nowhere near as "beautiful" as Diablo 3, this game beats out any other Action-RPG, coming from a hardcore Action-RPG player who player Diablo 1, and then Diablo 2 religiously. Take my advice and get into this game, you will not regret it, I promise you!
  17. Apr 6, 2013
    A true pioneering game in the action role playing game series, it manages to deliver what player wants in such a short time frame for only $20 (sometimes lower), no bullhonky DRM, no traffic jam, and possibly the first action PRG to fully support modding. I would totally recommend this to people who want to try diablo 3.
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is a long awaited sequel to the original Torchlight. The graphics are amazing, the combat mechanics are well paced and the levels are randomly generated every time. Although the gameplay does not introduce anything new, it doesn't fail to bring back a sense of nostalgia for action RPG fans.

If you enjoyed playing Diablo in your youth, then consider getting it. It is more
    than it's value for $15 on Steam Expand
  19. Apr 7, 2013
    To begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpg could be this much fun. From killing monster with my duel pistol to looting.....there are so many things to give u satisfaction which I think it lacks in most of the games today. It is especially satisfying when I kill multiple enemies with crits because they literally explode in to red mist. Maxing out dexterity on outlanders are truly fun. Anyway this game may not have the best look but it has its own beauty to it with its cartoony graphics amd I gotta admit...I need to give diablo 2 a try. This game truely opened my eyes to arpg game. Plz fps player, if you never tried arpg games tl2 is a good starter imo Expand
  20. Jul 15, 2013
    Like a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that made Torchlight and Diablo great, and added everything it was missing to achieve near-perfection.

Big plus One: Freedom & Pricing
    TL2 is a game without DRM. It is also a game that costs far less than Diablo 3. To top it off, you get the editor along with it, opening up the way for mod communities to go wild on it. Where Diablo 3 offers a single, linear storyline with replayability only through ramping up the difficulty, TL2 offers a neverending Mapworks along with it, which keeps spawning random maps to play with various penalties or bonuses.

Big Plus Two: Customization and Character building
    Where Diablo 3 served players with an ever-increasing amount of options that could be 'respecced' as often as you wanted, TL2 offers skill trees that restrict and allow the use of specific, tailored builds and more variety in playstyles. TL2 offers a small selection of class-specific gear to find, while everything else, from weapons to armor and jewelry, is usable by every single class, again adding variety within a single class where D3 offers none.

Big Plus Three: Actually gaming, instead of worrying about money or lag.
    Where Diablo 3 offered a launch that was far from smooth, TL2 has no compulsory always-online, and no Real Money Auction House that completely destroyed in-game economy and fueled hordes of account hackers and monetary issues. Better yet, TL2 has no lag and plays more responsively, quicker and with far less issues and zero downtime. It sounds ridiculously obvious, and it is exactly that.

Regardless of the existence of Diablo, Torchlight 2 simply is one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the market. Even recent patches to both games have not managed to change this perspective.

The only advantage granted to Diablo 3 over TL2, is that it has a larger online community, but I seriously question whether D3 also has the larger amount of satisfied players.
  21. i0n
    Sep 3, 2013
    A truly impressive title on it's own merits not to mention the incredibly low price this is definitely one for lovers of Diablo style gameplay. In all honesty however, I enjoyed Torchlight II a great deal more than the Blizzard title(s) and was taken aback by the pace, graphics, gameplay mechanics and replayability. This is what Diablo 3 should have been. Excellent work Runic Games.
  22. Sep 10, 2013
    An amazing game this is what I want from a Dungeon and Dragons game! I have spent countless hours playing this game there are a ton of things to do! Amazing game, buy it!!
  23. Oct 25, 2013
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The convenience of sending your pet to the store to help clear your inventory has to be one of the best attributes of the game. The scenery is very pleasant and the effects are nice as well.

Yes this game is very similar to the game-play of Diablo, but it isn't depressing. All of the Diablo games are so gloomy throughout the entire storyline. Even
    though the games are similar they are still very different. You will always have similar games that fall under the same Genre. Torchlight & Torchlight 2 are very refreshing games because they allow you to progress through the game without spending half your time organizing or making attribute additions to you characters.

Torchlight II is very much like the first one, but a lot of games tend to be that way. The first game was more along the lines of a Beta version for the second. I'm glad they didn't change much and they have added a lot of new maps that aren't Gloomy and Depressing like most Dungeon Crawlers. Love the game and I am thankful to the Developers for creating Torchlight II.
  24. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  26. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  27. Jun 26, 2014
    I literally love this game.

I was getting bored of these types of games after playing the three diablo games and a few others friends recommended, but my friend told me it was cheap and we should try it together. The first hour we delved into it I felt it was the same old game, but it was certainly fun and engaging. The randomized maps that are different, but yet still feel the same add
    to the atmosphere of the game and add depth. The bosses are fun and somewhat difficult, you need to know where to go and what spells to use at what times. The classes are probably the best part about the game because if everyones a different one it works together perfectly.

I don't know what else to say about this game, the graphics, style and atmosphere are all unprecedented. The mods added a ton of extra fun to have and PVP made this game a hell of a lot more fun too. If you are looking for a dungeon crawler similar to diablo, for less money but just as good other than the sound and a slight graphical change, buy this game instantly!
  28. Jul 21, 2013
    This is a really good game and you can get it on sale for $5 which is practically robbery. The graphics have been reworked since the initial release and the game looks much better. I definitely recommend this game it's a lot of fun and has high replay value. The only area this game suffers is multi player which is why Diablo III still fetches $40. If you don't care about that then this is the way to go. Expand
  29. Apr 3, 2013
    Overall the game is as fun as the first one if you like ARPGs. I particularly liked the fact that there were various traps throughout the game that made you a little uneasy but weren't truly deadly. The pet continues to be an enjoyable aspect although you never really get any strong attachment to it. It's really just a pack mule but being able to send it to town for supplies is pretty neat.

Unlike the last game this one has a few more problems than normal. The biggest issue I had was graphical glitches. This was especially common in the desert regions where it was trying to paint bushes. They'd just flicker. There were others though. The creatures had different names and skins but the same set appeared in every area so there wasn't a lot of variety.

The gear was lackluster after about the middle of the game. I wish there was more gear. I had hopes with the crafting to be able to get better gear but you always get worse based upon the algorithm used. It made crafting effectively useless. One particularly annoying issue is that you can hide levels of items from the screen (white, blue, etc) but they are still there. Oftentimes when you are clicking to pick up something you'll accidently pick up these hidden items instead. It sort of defeats the purpose of filtering. If I don't want to see certain items then I shouldn't be able to pick them up.

Perhaps the worst issue is with the champions and bosses. Pretty much every one of them has teleport. This means you'll be hitting on them and they'll just move elsewhere. This extends the battle but is more frustrating than challenging. It's almost like it is a crutch that was used way too often.

Finally I felt some of the later levels were really long for no reason other than to be really long. Especially in the final levels of the game they just went on and on for no real good reason.

Overall though I consider T2 to be a very good ARPG, especially compared to others in this genre. It is about as close to Diablo 2 as you can get (although I still think Titans Quest is better).
  30. Jan 20, 2014
    If you like games of this genre then IT IS A MUST to at least try it out, very addicting and fun to play.
    I've been playing it for quite a while and i just keep returning to it to try out other classes cause the abilities and spells are pretty cool, the ember mage seems most fun cause of the variety of offensive spells.

The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient
    to get it working if you're using steam but overall the game deserves 10/10 since i'm more of a solo player. Expand
  31. Jan 20, 2013
    For every 1000 indie products, there comes one that is so great that it makes all the crappy rest worth it. Torchlight is one of those games. It's not only the best ARPG ever made but it is packed with content that will keep you occupied for all eternity. The only place where their budgetless indie studio lacked was in the cinematics and voice acting. Perhaps they opted not to spend too much on those, focusing instead on the gameplay. Smart decision. Still, the voice acting and cinematics are bad they actually makes me cringe and stop them fast before I feel bad for the talentless people who made them. This is why Torchlight II is a 9 instead of a 10. Expand
  32. May 20, 2013
    Its a really fun top-down, hack-and-slash action RPG. If you're not into that genre really, you might like it anyway, because before I wasn't into that genre, and now it seems I kind of am. There's a good amount of content, and there's end-game content as well. The story is alright. The voice acting is pretty good. Nice audio, nice visuals. There's modding support, that's pretty cool. The development team, Runic, is pretty good--they've released a few (free) updates, including content updates. There's online (peer-to-peer) and LAN! Its pretty bug free, except: some class abilities have problems (ex. misleading descriptions); there seems to be some issues with playing online or LAN; there seems to be a lot of issues playing modded online or LAN; some minor spacial, gameplay issues in the game (ex. moving not where you intended). I'd pay around $30 for this game, or more. Expand
  33. Aim
    Feb 3, 2013
    It's a fantastic game which and the developer know how to design a real hack'n slay game. Compared to the failed Diablo 3 "game" which destroyed the complete franchise of it TL2 has all the freedoms,that player wants. You can skill the way you want, you can play it offline,you can create your own games there are no laggs... it's fantastic!
  34. Jan 30, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about with different builds :D If you like to have fun, you'll like TL2. Expand
  35. Jun 7, 2013
    If you're into loot hunt/character building games, this is probably the best thing to come out in over a decade. For those who have never played this type of game before, it's an action role playing game, where you have abilities bound to your left and right mouse button and a few keybinds on the keyboard. The action and controls are fairly straightforward so that really anyone can get into it fairly easily.

You level your character up by doing quests, defeating monsters, mini bosses and bosses, and you choose new abilities as you level to customize your character's play-style. You will find increasingly awesome weapons, armor, spells, and armor enhancement gems as you progress through the game. You can customize your characters appearance to some degree, and even choose a pet from a variety of critters. There are open world areas to explore, with each area having a number of "dungeons" ,(towers, keeps, crypts, etc.).

The appeal to this genre of game comes primarily from what is known as the "loot hunt". As your character proceeds through the game's content, the monsters and bosses they defeat will drop increasingly powerful items for your character to use. Depending on what skills you have chosen for your character, you're going to want to hunt for specific items that compliment that play-style and make your specific character build more powerful. These types of games can provide thousands of hours of game play--if they get the character building and item finding aspects correct, which Torchlight 2 absolutely does. If you're the type that would be into building powerful fantasy characters as a hobby, this would be a great game for you.

To the ARPG vets who have not tried this game yet, I'm not sure what you're waiting for. For $20, TL2 is an absolute beast. Even at just level 20-30, you'll have various set item pieces, a unique or two, a slew of gems to socket, some random gear enchants, weapons with powerful procs, etc.. You can assign your stat points as you level, and each stat has multiple effects so you will benefit from more than just dumping everything into your primary stat. Your gear will be interesting and you'll have to do some decision making/theory crafting even at a fairly low level. Build variation is definitely here, a glaive Outlander and a pistol Outlander will want vastly different stat assignments and gear. Unconventional builds are viable, even on "elite" setting, so long as you're willing to farm up the necessary gear and socketables. I've seen someone take a melee class and make an elite viable ranged dual pistol build.

For those of you who want a challenge, even with great gear the elite setting in the later game modes will still get you one-shot on occasion, so playing a hardcore will get your heart rate up. The loot in this game is plentiful. I've been playing for 2 months and I've got a bunch of various gear sets and weapons in multiple stashes for different classes across various levels. That being said, you will still have to invest time to get the absolute best of the best--at 215 hours into the game I still only have one rare item, and only one character that could be considered close to "super geared" for end-game, (even that character needs vast improvement for NG5+ elite). Mechanically speaking, the game is sound--there are only a couple of skills in the game that I think could be reworked.

If you're letting the indie graphics stop you from trying this, I think you're making a huge mistake if you're a real ARPG/loot hunt fan
  36. Mar 13, 2013
    The only truly negative thing I have to say about this game has nothing to do with the game itself I am upset that I did not discover this game before I wasted $60 on Diablo 3 (though I did manage to snag it for $10 during a Steam Sale best $10 I have spent on a video game). I enjoy loot adventures and playing co-op with my brother (who lives in a different state). I felt like as the game progressed, I would discover new things about it that I liked, things that we would often talk about why they were never implemented in different games. You can tell from the beginning that TL2 was about what the players would want from this type of game. I even found a mod for full controller support you would think this would not work as well as it does (I figured I would use it only for my alt 'zerker but use it for my outlander as well). After just completing my first run-through, my character was only at 56 with a max of 100. You have the option to reset the world and play again OR purchase different dungeon maps with bonuses attached to them (along with handicaps and stipulations). That is a tremendously awesome way to keep a player interested (especially for someone who does not care about Raid bosses or PVP). I recommend this for anyone who enjoys dungeon crawlers. Expand
  37. May 3, 2013
    暗黑2的干儿子,流畅的游戏体验,不说其它,仅凭以下两点足以成为最佳的打怪刷宝游戏:1. 完美支持Steam Workshop。2.
  38. Feb 8, 2013
    Before I started playing it, I said this game is over-rated and there is no way it is better than his greatest competitor- diablo 3. BUT, i bought it with an extremely low price and enjoyed it. The killing, the multiplayer, the loot system, the animals, the monsters were amazing. Unfortunately, the story sucks and there is no voice acting.
    This game is a real catch for having fun
  39. Mar 25, 2013
    TL2 is exactly what one should want in a dungeon crawler, looting game. And the problems in this game are very few and far in between. For example the normal difficulty is not normal, it's easy. So to get normal and then hard you should start on "hard". And the the graphic styling is not exactly new age but it's carrying a feeling that is appropriate for the game. There is alot of loot, there are alot of dungeons, there are alot of skills, monsters, quest. Many classes cause the games to have alot of replay value. Game also has a re-roll function making no two games the same, adding to said replay value.
    This is a great game folks but to make it even better it's cheap. None of that 60$ it's only 20$ that's it. Go and get it. Now. Stop reading this and buy it.
  40. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the next one(IF they do). One of the best RPG games ever and a great time! Expand
  41. Feb 6, 2013
    users of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Expand
  42. Feb 14, 2013
    This is an excellent game, I must say I was surprised at the level of quality put into it. For the genre, it pretty much blows everything esle away in terms of playability and "fun" factor. I am generally very picky when it comes to gaming and most games like this get tossed to the side after 10 or so hours, but not this one. I find myself getting lost tearing through enemies and clearing whole maps, not one urn going un-smashed. My only gripe would be the skill trees, in which you are pretty much stuck with your choices after choosing a skill (you only can retract the last three you chose) untill end game, or if you choose to "hack" your skills to default levels which can be done, but you are left with an asterisk I have been told. All in all, great game which is easy to pick up and instantly enjoy. Expand
  43. Feb 18, 2013
    Im play diablo I and II and this last im have in my battle net with expancion...diablo III what a fail, no objects, no sould u play with enthusiastic--Torchlight I only fail not put multiplayer...but this omg m take from steam for 9,90€ and even 20 deverve all money...this game have 2 of developers of originals diablo I and II, that why sound so family... what im love lot this game is u hae lot free and can use guns from others chas thas its new and cool.graphic are cartoon and im like sound ists good gameplay not about to say history more stupid then diablo III but no affect game
    graphic 10
    sound 9
    history 9
    gameplay -10
  44. Feb 19, 2013
    Gameplay is great, lots of content. The graphics look good, especially the environments. Great music that fits well. My only complaint is that the story is really boring. It doesn't do enough to keep me interested in what's going on in this world, and that could be a deal breaker for many people. Why care about completing these quests when you don't care about the world or characters? It's a fun game with friends though. Expand
  45. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS IS DIABLO 3. PERIOD.

Nuff said, what u will find in this game is a solid, amazing and utterly addicting arpg which will probably keep you playing for the next 10 years... 10 years from now this will be to todays generation what diablo 2 is to us. i say this bcos, in addition to well around 300hrs of inbuilt game play, theres a mod kit, which should push that number all the way upto 1000+...

NO RMAH!! NO ALWAYS ONLINE!!
    THERES LAN PLAY TOO!!

ALL FOR 20 BUCKS!! doesnt get better than this....and dont even get me started on the possibility of steam discounts....

LOG IN TO STEAM NOW AND BUY IT!! now!!
    DO THE UNIVERSE A FAVOR!!
  46. Feb 26, 2013
    There was a huge amount of hype surrounding the release of Torchlight II despite the impending release of Diablo 3, and it shows how Runic Games have already built a dedicated fan base on the success of the first Torchlight. The sequel is a brilliant follow-up and the developers deserve full credit for building upon their excellent debut.
    To a minor extent, Torchlight II has less charm
    than its predecessor, but it expands and improves on every other element. The many areas are diverse and complex in their layouts, with multiple hub areas allowing you to sell loot and use the many other services available. You would be frequently returning to these hubs if it were not for the pet feature, which allows you to stock up your pet with items to sell in town while you continue exploring. It's one of the first game's best feature and makes a welcome return for the sequel. Each class has an extremely unique skill-tree, and there's a nice deviation from the generic tank/mage/ranged cliche. There is a nice diversity in the pet choices, too.
    Overall, Torchlight II is a commendable sequel, showing Runic Games' growing experience. I for one will be closely following their future projects.
  47. Mar 6, 2013
    The game plays awesome, it does what the first one but better.
    I played it about 80 hours (twice the time that i played Diablo 3).
    The lack of history didn't bother me at all cause the game is great.
  48. Mar 22, 2013
    After long time when I play TL2,some weeks ago I get SynergiesMod and the adventures begins.The mod is awesome with that new content.still playing with fun and the gameplay is not boring.
  49. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Made by the same people that made Diablo 2, this is everything you should expect diablo 3 to be. great game-play, music is amazing, exciting skills, extreme build flexibility and diversity, constant item upgrades, this game is just amazing. and at only $20, its a complete steal.
  50. Jun 3, 2013
    This game is almost perfectly made- the only real problem is the storyline, which could be a little bit better. Otherwise, the setting and art is great, for that side of the criticizing. As for the game itself, one of my favorite things is the loot. You get so much loot, you're constantly changing weapons and armor unless you get an extremely good armor set, which is another thing I like about the loot. The way the enchanted items, unique items, and set items work are great. I also like how the classes are balanced; their skills can be tailored to your particular play-style and work well with each other when playing co-op. In fact, co-op is probably the most fun part of the game. Playing with another or with 5 other friends at max can be really enjoyable.
    I have to give this a 10, because there aren't many faults... The only down is the graphics, which aren't the best, but I don't particularly care about graphics, and I assume most gamers don't either.
  51. Apr 2, 2013
    Simple, light for the operative system, smart & very very funny!! The toon-graphic is very suggestive and cool!!! The gameplay left you every single breath....If you liked Diablo, you love this too much!!
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    Torchlight II, while lacking a little bit in story line, completely blew me away with how much raw fun was in the game. I had never played a 3D hack'n'slash RPG before, and Torchlight II quickly became my most played game on Steam.

The only downsides to this game is the weak story line and that normal mode is a little bit too easy. It has excellent replayability with New Game+ and the
    mapworks. And now with GUTS, modding will grow hugely and there will be even more to do in this excellent game. Expand
  53. Sep 18, 2013
    Another great game from some of the original Diablo developers who started their own company. I'm not the biggest fan of the art style but if you liked Torchlight this is more of the same with some cookies. Multiplayer is a nice addition but not amazing.
  54. Jan 24, 2014
    I didn't like Torchlight I that much because of the msising Multiplayer.
    But Torchlight II is one of the best Games I've ever played. Not only that it is the best DIablo-Clone ever. Also it is the only clone, that's better than the original!
    You could say that it is a better Diablo 3.
  55. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a fantastic game. I don't have a ton of experience playing action RPGs, but I was a huge Diablo fan back in the day. In my experience, TL2 is beautiful, fun, accessible and addictive. The music is extremely well done also. I cannot believe this game is only $20 (I actually caught it on sale for less).

My only gripe is the lack of native controller support. I purchased
    Pinnacle Game Profiler to allow me to use a controller, and it works quite well. I hope the next Torchlight installment will include it.

BUY THIS GAME.
  56. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is a solid 9 for me but I'm giving it a 10 to counter the trolls giving it a 0. Fast paced, tons of loot, tons of user created mods(I recommend playing this with the Synergies mod) and only $20. This game isn't perfect but anyone giving it a 0/10 are either Blizzard fanboys, trolls or just idiots!
  57. Aug 23, 2013
    Downloaded this about six months ago. I've logged about 120 hours into this thing so far... I'm playing it even when I'm NOT playing it... Either something is very wrong with me (very possible) or this thing is GOOD.
  58. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game, highly addictive, fun, loot-tastic and has all the elements any rpg fan would appreciate.
    It feels like the perfect game especially with all the mods replay value.
  59. Jul 20, 2013
    A very fun Diablo-like (But better) game that has nice looking graphics, very fun gameplay, and for the price (Of only 20$ USD), it`s a definite buy If you loved Torchlight 1, Diablo, or just RPGs in general!
    Get it!!
  60. Jul 23, 2013
    Having played and loved the first game I was pretty psyched upon hearing about the squeal. After I played and was disappointed with Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 came out as if to pick up the pieces giving me a solid, great action-RPG. I played over 100 hours of this game, and loved every second of it. Yeah the story is basically not there, or just filler, but the game play is where it’s at. With the updated pet system which is the best, the plethora of weapons with crazy stats, the ability to choose the difficulty off the bat, being able to customize skill points, and most of all the mod support (which is now integrated with steam workshop).

It has everything to hope for in an action-RPG/dungeon crawler. I did hear people had issues with the online multiplayer, but I never experienced them while playing with friends, or just random people on servers. It’s a fantastic game, and definitely something you should pick up, or at least try the demo you won’t be disappointed.
  61. Feb 12, 2014
    I got this game from a steam sale for $5 and I can't believe what I was missing. Honestly I was looking for that Diablo 2 feeling and D3 disappointed me. Once I got this I couldn't believe how fun it was, I mean literally everything is fun, even selling things which can sometimes be a chore is a breeze just by loading up your pet and sending him to town. Awesome Game.
  62. Mar 5, 2014
    I actually enjoyed this more than Diablo III, even though TL II might seem like that game's younger sibling (especially because it is full of references to it). Nevertheless, the game offers great and detailed graphics, fast-paced action gameplay and a lot of enticing loot to collect. Add to that the game's modability and you've got yourself some long-lasting fun on your hands.
  63. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

64. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is the best Action RPG out there! The looting and leveling are big part of this genre indeed, however this game is not that special, not so much different than other, in fact it does what needs to GREATLY! You never feel bored from using the same sets of weapons/ armor. Why? Cause looting and leveling is what this game is great about! You always get drops of some great stuff. Not just that, but this game has a ton of boss fights, in which you get mad loot from! This game is not so different than others in the same genre, but it does what needs to do better than others. Expand
  65. Mar 20, 2014
    A very nice RPG. The community also made the mods so great, I can't stop playing every night. The music and sfx are good! nice gameplay and long story. the quests are great and it took me so long to finish on hardcore!
  66. Jul 29, 2014
    For a loot based ARPG, there is nothing more satisfactory than the joy from a success customization build of character. This is why Diablo 2 shines. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 ruins this.

Heard that the original developers of Diablo 2 then makes a series called Torchlight. This is really a great improvement since Torchlight 1 with vast environment, improved class and skill sets.

Players
    can enjoy the freedom in their choice of stat, skill investment, and build character according to their taste. The game's impact physic is pretty as well, fun in combat is the key.

Although it is less hardcore than Diablo 2, it definitely targets core gamer markets instead. It is really a decent choice of loot-based ARPG in a theme different from Diablo series.

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]