8.6

1. Jul 29, 2014
    For a loot based ARPG, there is nothing more satisfactory than the joy from a success customization build of character. This is why Diablo 2 shines. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 ruins this.

Heard that the original developers of Diablo 2 then makes a series called Torchlight. This is really a great improvement since Torchlight 1 with vast environment, improved class and skill sets.

Players
    can enjoy the freedom in their choice of stat, skill investment, and build character according to their taste. The game's impact physic is pretty as well, fun in combat is the key.

Although it is less hardcore than Diablo 2, it definitely targets core gamer markets instead. It is really a decent choice of loot-based ARPG in a theme different from Diablo series.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2014
    I literally love this game.

I was getting bored of these types of games after playing the three diablo games and a few others friends recommended, but my friend told me it was cheap and we should try it together. The first hour we delved into it I felt it was the same old game, but it was certainly fun and engaging. The randomized maps that are different, but yet still feel the same add
    to the atmosphere of the game and add depth. The bosses are fun and somewhat difficult, you need to know where to go and what spells to use at what times. The classes are probably the best part about the game because if everyones a different one it works together perfectly.

I don't know what else to say about this game, the graphics, style and atmosphere are all unprecedented. The mods added a ton of extra fun to have and PVP made this game a hell of a lot more fun too. If you are looking for a dungeon crawler similar to diablo, for less money but just as good other than the sound and a slight graphical change, buy this game instantly!
  4. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  5. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2014
    A very nice RPG. The community also made the mods so great, I can't stop playing every night. The music and sfx are good! nice gameplay and long story. the quests are great and it took me so long to finish on hardcore!
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    I actually enjoyed this more than Diablo III, even though TL II might seem like that game's younger sibling (especially because it is full of references to it). Nevertheless, the game offers great and detailed graphics, fast-paced action gameplay and a lot of enticing loot to collect. Add to that the game's modability and you've got yourself some long-lasting fun on your hands.
  8. Feb 12, 2014
    I got this game from a steam sale for $5 and I can't believe what I was missing. Honestly I was looking for that Diablo 2 feeling and D3 disappointed me. Once I got this I couldn't believe how fun it was, I mean literally everything is fun, even selling things which can sometimes be a chore is a breeze just by loading up your pet and sending him to town. Awesome Game.
  9. Jan 24, 2014
    I didn't like Torchlight I that much because of the msising Multiplayer.
    But Torchlight II is one of the best Games I've ever played. Not only that it is the best DIablo-Clone ever. Also it is the only clone, that's better than the original!
    You could say that it is a better Diablo 3.
  10. Jan 20, 2014
    If you like games of this genre then IT IS A MUST to at least try it out, very addicting and fun to play.
    I've been playing it for quite a while and i just keep returning to it to try out other classes cause the abilities and spells are pretty cool, the ember mage seems most fun cause of the variety of offensive spells.

The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient
    to get it working if you're using steam but overall the game deserves 10/10 since i'm more of a solo player. Expand
  11. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is the best Action RPG out there! The looting and leveling are big part of this genre indeed, however this game is not that special, not so much different than other, in fact it does what needs to GREATLY! You never feel bored from using the same sets of weapons/ armor. Why? Cause looting and leveling is what this game is great about! You always get drops of some great stuff. Not just that, but this game has a ton of boss fights, in which you get mad loot from! This game is not so different than others in the same genre, but it does what needs to do better than others. Expand
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

13. Oct 28, 2013
    Lots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPG games like Diablo. Expand
  14. Oct 25, 2013
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The convenience of sending your pet to the store to help clear your inventory has to be one of the best attributes of the game. The scenery is very pleasant and the effects are nice as well.

Yes this game is very similar to the game-play of Diablo, but it isn't depressing. All of the Diablo games are so gloomy throughout the entire storyline. Even
    though the games are similar they are still very different. You will always have similar games that fall under the same Genre. Torchlight & Torchlight 2 are very refreshing games because they allow you to progress through the game without spending half your time organizing or making attribute additions to you characters.

Torchlight II is very much like the first one, but a lot of games tend to be that way. The first game was more along the lines of a Beta version for the second. I'm glad they didn't change much and they have added a lot of new maps that aren't Gloomy and Depressing like most Dungeon Crawlers. Love the game and I am thankful to the Developers for creating Torchlight II.
  15. Oct 24, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best in the genre. Fun, fast paced and awesome, near overwhelming amounts of loot. The skills are all very good and allow for reasonably diverse character builds and the combat is very responsive & satisfying.

The game truly shines when modded. Throw Synergies and the T2 Essentials mod in and you'll get an extra 70 hours worth of content, half a dozen new
    classes and countless new pets to choose from.

Could not recommend it enough.
  16. Sep 25, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Everything D3 wasn't, and more. I'm getting ready to start my New Game+ and I'm more excited than I was at the beginning of my first play-through.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said before! GET THIS GAME!
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    Another great game from some of the original Diablo developers who started their own company. I'm not the biggest fan of the art style but if you liked Torchlight this is more of the same with some cookies. Multiplayer is a nice addition but not amazing.
  18. Sep 10, 2013
    An amazing game this is what I want from a Dungeon and Dragons game! I have spent countless hours playing this game there are a ton of things to do! Amazing game, buy it!!
  19. i0n
    Sep 3, 2013
    A truly impressive title on it's own merits not to mention the incredibly low price this is definitely one for lovers of Diablo style gameplay. In all honesty however, I enjoyed Torchlight II a great deal more than the Blizzard title(s) and was taken aback by the pace, graphics, gameplay mechanics and replayability. This is what Diablo 3 should have been. Excellent work Runic Games.
  20. Aug 23, 2013
    Downloaded this about six months ago. I've logged about 120 hours into this thing so far... I'm playing it even when I'm NOT playing it... Either something is very wrong with me (very possible) or this thing is GOOD.
  21. Aug 15, 2013
    I don't usually give out 10s, even amazing games with tons of playtime and play value get a 9. But Torchlight II is unbelievably fun. I've played through the entire game and started a New Game Plus and it's still fun! I played the original FATE game (and it's predecessors) a long time ago, and I loved them so much I was ecstatic to hear about a modern remake, and they did not disappoint in any area! In fact, even though I hold FATE as a classic and precious to me because of personal memories, Torchlight II may even be better. Expand
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    The Basics

Torchlight has really pumped some much needed blood into the action RPG genre. It’s not that it’s invented any new formula or feature. It’s that it’s got really well oiled gameplay which seems to understand itself. Runic definitely grasps the essence of the genre and what makes these kinds of games work. As a player, I can feel it in the polish of the flow of gameplay.

True to form, character development in TL2 is very familiar: there’s a few dozen levels, troves of gear, and stat allocations. There’s special skills and abilities, special vendors, and inventory management. However, the game takes these things to some pretty interesting heights which, when combined, make the pace of gameplay furiously fast, gratifying, and addicting.

The controls remain very simple: mouse button does most things, and the number keys are there for your customization. Stats aren’t auto-allocated: you get to build your character exactly the way you see fit. The stats themselves are relatively straightforward to understand and designed in such a way that no matter what class you pick, all of them will be useful to you. This means that even though there will be popular builds, there simply won’t be a “best” build no matter what fanatics and theory crafters say. How can I be so certain? Because there’s no best way to play this game. Runic has made player choice reign supreme it. Your single player game is yours and while there are multiplayer options, even that is custom for you and your friends.

Inventory

Sad how many modern games ignore this little, well-worn feature. They slap some bags on you and call it a day. Not in TL2. Just like the original, you have several bags. One’s for all the awesome loot you pick up, another for potions and buff items, and another for spell scrolls. Quest items don’t go in your bags. They just sit on your questlog until you use them. What’s more is they added an auto-sort feature which allows you to quickly rearrange items from top to bottom.

Also, spammy potions. However, I like the execution of it here as a mechanic. The game rewards players for using fewer potions by asking you to use them at the right time during combat. This is the difference between a potion spammer and a potion user.

Skills & Stats
    Rather than skill trees, TL2 has skill tables. Basically, the only prerequisites to learning any skill is your current level. That means no more wasting points in abilities just to get the ones it unlocks. Simply stack your points and wait until you hit the appropriate level. Or do what I do: experiment a lot.

The variety in the trees seems adequate to me. Of the classes, I’ve so far tried the Engineer and Outlander. The trees for both are varied enough to truly give the player some strong options for alternate builds. Be careful, though. There’s no way to redo your skills once you’ve spent the points; they’re permanent, but you can always undo your last 3 skill allocations for a small fee at one of the special trainers.

Arguably the most important part of character development, stats are simple enough to understand and flexible enough to ensure non-trivial benefits no matter your build. I won’t get into the nuts and bolts of stat scaling, but I will say that there’s no “bad” stats. They’re all viable for any class and allow for great build diversity. For the most part, the function of each stat is spelled out right on the character panel to give some transparency about just what’s being bought for a point. These also cannot be undone once the window is closed.

Spells
    What I like most about Spells is how they add an extra dimension to your class. As a spell wielding Outlander, I can tun his combat style to include fireballs, demons, and frost bolts. If I’m an Embermage, I can add skeletal archers or minions to my team. This feature succeeds at increasing class versatility and utility and it’s very fun to boot.

Runnin’ and Gunnin’
    It doesn’t feel like it’s going as fast as it does. One moment I’m heading out of town to shoot-up some baddies and the next I’m 10 levels ahead and still blasting away. So forget leveling grindiness (until New Game This game does that worst than all the rest and that’s a really awesome thing.

Monsters
    Forget the randomness associated with ALL creatures crawling through an ARPG. Unique monsters and bosses are actually intriguing in what they do. There’s actual challenge and fun involved. Each TL2 boss seems to be hand crafted for a specific experience. There’s some strategy involved and the monsters seem like they’re paying attention to you. This makes the fight feel more dynamic, less like another blip on the map to
  23. Jul 23, 2013
    Having played and loved the first game I was pretty psyched upon hearing about the squeal. After I played and was disappointed with Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 came out as if to pick up the pieces giving me a solid, great action-RPG. I played over 100 hours of this game, and loved every second of it. Yeah the story is basically not there, or just filler, but the game play is where it’s at. With the updated pet system which is the best, the plethora of weapons with crazy stats, the ability to choose the difficulty off the bat, being able to customize skill points, and most of all the mod support (which is now integrated with steam workshop).

It has everything to hope for in an action-RPG/dungeon crawler. I did hear people had issues with the online multiplayer, but I never experienced them while playing with friends, or just random people on servers. It’s a fantastic game, and definitely something you should pick up, or at least try the demo you won’t be disappointed.
  24. Jul 21, 2013
    This is a really good game and you can get it on sale for $5 which is practically robbery. The graphics have been reworked since the initial release and the game looks much better. I definitely recommend this game it's a lot of fun and has high replay value. The only area this game suffers is multi player which is why Diablo III still fetches $40. If you don't care about that then this is the way to go. Expand
  25. Jul 20, 2013
    A very fun Diablo-like (But better) game that has nice looking graphics, very fun gameplay, and for the price (Of only 20$ USD), it`s a definite buy If you loved Torchlight 1, Diablo, or just RPGs in general!
    Get it!!
  26. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game, highly addictive, fun, loot-tastic and has all the elements any rpg fan would appreciate.
    It feels like the perfect game especially with all the mods replay value.
  27. Jul 15, 2013
    Like a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that made Torchlight and Diablo great, and added everything it was missing to achieve near-perfection.

Big plus One: Freedom & Pricing
    TL2 is a game without DRM. It is also a game that costs far less than Diablo 3. To top it off, you get the editor along with it, opening up the way for mod communities to go wild on it. Where Diablo 3 offers a single, linear storyline with replayability only through ramping up the difficulty, TL2 offers a neverending Mapworks along with it, which keeps spawning random maps to play with various penalties or bonuses.

Big Plus Two: Customization and Character building
    Where Diablo 3 served players with an ever-increasing amount of options that could be 'respecced' as often as you wanted, TL2 offers skill trees that restrict and allow the use of specific, tailored builds and more variety in playstyles. TL2 offers a small selection of class-specific gear to find, while everything else, from weapons to armor and jewelry, is usable by every single class, again adding variety within a single class where D3 offers none.

Big Plus Three: Actually gaming, instead of worrying about money or lag.
    Where Diablo 3 offered a launch that was far from smooth, TL2 has no compulsory always-online, and no Real Money Auction House that completely destroyed in-game economy and fueled hordes of account hackers and monetary issues. Better yet, TL2 has no lag and plays more responsively, quicker and with far less issues and zero downtime. It sounds ridiculously obvious, and it is exactly that.

Regardless of the existence of Diablo, Torchlight 2 simply is one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the market. Even recent patches to both games have not managed to change this perspective.

The only advantage granted to Diablo 3 over TL2, is that it has a larger online community, but I seriously question whether D3 also has the larger amount of satisfied players.
  28. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a fantastic game. I don't have a ton of experience playing action RPGs, but I was a huge Diablo fan back in the day. In my experience, TL2 is beautiful, fun, accessible and addictive. The music is extremely well done also. I cannot believe this game is only $20 (I actually caught it on sale for less).

My only gripe is the lack of native controller support. I purchased
    Pinnacle Game Profiler to allow me to use a controller, and it works quite well. I hope the next Torchlight installment will include it.

BUY THIS GAME.
  29. Jun 7, 2013
    If you're into loot hunt/character building games, this is probably the best thing to come out in over a decade. For those who have never played this type of game before, it's an action role playing game, where you have abilities bound to your left and right mouse button and a few keybinds on the keyboard. The action and controls are fairly straightforward so that really anyone can get into it fairly easily.

You level your character up by doing quests, defeating monsters, mini bosses and bosses, and you choose new abilities as you level to customize your character's play-style. You will find increasingly awesome weapons, armor, spells, and armor enhancement gems as you progress through the game. You can customize your characters appearance to some degree, and even choose a pet from a variety of critters. There are open world areas to explore, with each area having a number of "dungeons" ,(towers, keeps, crypts, etc.).

The appeal to this genre of game comes primarily from what is known as the "loot hunt". As your character proceeds through the game's content, the monsters and bosses they defeat will drop increasingly powerful items for your character to use. Depending on what skills you have chosen for your character, you're going to want to hunt for specific items that compliment that play-style and make your specific character build more powerful. These types of games can provide thousands of hours of game play--if they get the character building and item finding aspects correct, which Torchlight 2 absolutely does. If you're the type that would be into building powerful fantasy characters as a hobby, this would be a great game for you.

To the ARPG vets who have not tried this game yet, I'm not sure what you're waiting for. For $20, TL2 is an absolute beast. Even at just level 20-30, you'll have various set item pieces, a unique or two, a slew of gems to socket, some random gear enchants, weapons with powerful procs, etc.. You can assign your stat points as you level, and each stat has multiple effects so you will benefit from more than just dumping everything into your primary stat. Your gear will be interesting and you'll have to do some decision making/theory crafting even at a fairly low level. Build variation is definitely here, a glaive Outlander and a pistol Outlander will want vastly different stat assignments and gear. Unconventional builds are viable, even on "elite" setting, so long as you're willing to farm up the necessary gear and socketables. I've seen someone take a melee class and make an elite viable ranged dual pistol build.

For those of you who want a challenge, even with great gear the elite setting in the later game modes will still get you one-shot on occasion, so playing a hardcore will get your heart rate up. The loot in this game is plentiful. I've been playing for 2 months and I've got a bunch of various gear sets and weapons in multiple stashes for different classes across various levels. That being said, you will still have to invest time to get the absolute best of the best--at 215 hours into the game I still only have one rare item, and only one character that could be considered close to "super geared" for end-game, (even that character needs vast improvement for NG5+ elite). Mechanically speaking, the game is sound--there are only a couple of skills in the game that I think could be reworked.

If you're letting the indie graphics stop you from trying this, I think you're making a huge mistake if you're a real ARPG/loot hunt fan
  30. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is a solid 9 for me but I'm giving it a 10 to counter the trolls giving it a 0. Fast paced, tons of loot, tons of user created mods(I recommend playing this with the Synergies mod) and only $20. This game isn't perfect but anyone giving it a 0/10 are either Blizzard fanboys, trolls or just idiots!
  31. Jun 3, 2013
    This game is almost perfectly made- the only real problem is the storyline, which could be a little bit better. Otherwise, the setting and art is great, for that side of the criticizing. As for the game itself, one of my favorite things is the loot. You get so much loot, you're constantly changing weapons and armor unless you get an extremely good armor set, which is another thing I like about the loot. The way the enchanted items, unique items, and set items work are great. I also like how the classes are balanced; their skills can be tailored to your particular play-style and work well with each other when playing co-op. In fact, co-op is probably the most fun part of the game. Playing with another or with 5 other friends at max can be really enjoyable.
    I have to give this a 10, because there aren't many faults... The only down is the graphics, which aren't the best, but I don't particularly care about graphics, and I assume most gamers don't either.
  32. May 20, 2013
    Its a really fun top-down, hack-and-slash action RPG. If you're not into that genre really, you might like it anyway, because before I wasn't into that genre, and now it seems I kind of am. There's a good amount of content, and there's end-game content as well. The story is alright. The voice acting is pretty good. Nice audio, nice visuals. There's modding support, that's pretty cool. The development team, Runic, is pretty good--they've released a few (free) updates, including content updates. There's online (peer-to-peer) and LAN! Its pretty bug free, except: some class abilities have problems (ex. misleading descriptions); there seems to be some issues with playing online or LAN; there seems to be a lot of issues playing modded online or LAN; some minor spacial, gameplay issues in the game (ex. moving not where you intended). I'd pay around $30 for this game, or more. Expand
  33. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS IS DIABLO 3. PERIOD.

Nuff said, what u will find in this game is a solid, amazing and utterly addicting arpg which will probably keep you playing for the next 10 years... 10 years from now this will be to todays generation what diablo 2 is to us. i say this bcos, in addition to well around 300hrs of inbuilt game play, theres a mod kit, which should push that number all the way upto 1000+...

NO RMAH!! NO ALWAYS ONLINE!!
    THERES LAN PLAY TOO!!

ALL FOR 20 BUCKS!! doesnt get better than this....and dont even get me started on the possibility of steam discounts....

LOG IN TO STEAM NOW AND BUY IT!! now!!
    DO THE UNIVERSE A FAVOR!!
  34. May 3, 2013
    暗黑2的干儿子,流畅的游戏体验,不说其它,仅凭以下两点足以成为最佳的打怪刷宝游戏:1. 完美支持Steam Workshop。2.
  35. Apr 25, 2013
    Remember the jump Assassin’s Creed made from 1 to 2? That’s what Torchlight 2 feels like. Runic Games knocked Torchlight 2 out of the park. It has phenomenal gameplay, and characters are more customizable than ever with 4 classes to choose from, each of which has a male and female variation. There are almost a dozen unique pets to choose from, and now play a much more important role than they did in Torchlight 1. The controls are easily customizable to your convenience and technical issues are incredibly scarce. The graphics engine is not demanding on the CPU or GPU, but still looks great. The introduction of the new game plus feature brings fantastic replay value to Torchlight 2. Add that to the mapworks feature, and you’ll have countless hours to spend after completing the game. In addition, the new co-op feature adds a fantastic multiplayer experience to the game. Players can’t by hoard or steal any loot with Torchlight 2’s great anti-cheating features. This is a fantastic investment of both your time and money. If you found Torchlight 1 fun at all, then Torchlight 2 will blow your mind. Expand
  36. Apr 9, 2013
    EXACTLY like Diablo! This game just feels like someone literally took the programming from the old Diablo games and then just drastically improved and modernized the graphics and gameplay. Then, to avoid copyrights they changed the storyline and graphics JUST ENOUGH to pass it off as a new game. The storyline is IDENTICAL to Diablo, just new names and faces in place of the old ones. It is hilarious. If you missed the old Diablo games, Torchlight II is the modern reincarnate.
    Though this game is plenty of fun for me, I cannot help but feel most of the fun is based off nostalgia. This game does not offer cutting edge modern gameplay, it is a take on a classic. However, this game set out to recreate an old experience with new value and they aced it. GJ Runic!
  37. Apr 7, 2013
    To begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpg could be this much fun. From killing monster with my duel pistol to looting.....there are so many things to give u satisfaction which I think it lacks in most of the games today. It is especially satisfying when I kill multiple enemies with crits because they literally explode in to red mist. Maxing out dexterity on outlanders are truly fun. Anyway this game may not have the best look but it has its own beauty to it with its cartoony graphics amd I gotta admit...I need to give diablo 2 a try. This game truely opened my eyes to arpg game. Plz fps player, if you never tried arpg games tl2 is a good starter imo Expand
  38. Apr 6, 2013
    A true pioneering game in the action role playing game series, it manages to deliver what player wants in such a short time frame for only $20 (sometimes lower), no bullhonky DRM, no traffic jam, and possibly the first action PRG to fully support modding. I would totally recommend this to people who want to try diablo 3.
  39. Apr 4, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is a long awaited sequel to the original Torchlight. The graphics are amazing, the combat mechanics are well paced and the levels are randomly generated every time. Although the gameplay does not introduce anything new, it doesn't fail to bring back a sense of nostalgia for action RPG fans.

If you enjoyed playing Diablo in your youth, then consider getting it. It is more
    than it's value for $15 on Steam Expand
  40. Apr 3, 2013
    Overall the game is as fun as the first one if you like ARPGs. I particularly liked the fact that there were various traps throughout the game that made you a little uneasy but weren't truly deadly. The pet continues to be an enjoyable aspect although you never really get any strong attachment to it. It's really just a pack mule but being able to send it to town for supplies is pretty neat.

Unlike the last game this one has a few more problems than normal. The biggest issue I had was graphical glitches. This was especially common in the desert regions where it was trying to paint bushes. They'd just flicker. There were others though. The creatures had different names and skins but the same set appeared in every area so there wasn't a lot of variety.

The gear was lackluster after about the middle of the game. I wish there was more gear. I had hopes with the crafting to be able to get better gear but you always get worse based upon the algorithm used. It made crafting effectively useless. One particularly annoying issue is that you can hide levels of items from the screen (white, blue, etc) but they are still there. Oftentimes when you are clicking to pick up something you'll accidently pick up these hidden items instead. It sort of defeats the purpose of filtering. If I don't want to see certain items then I shouldn't be able to pick them up.

Perhaps the worst issue is with the champions and bosses. Pretty much every one of them has teleport. This means you'll be hitting on them and they'll just move elsewhere. This extends the battle but is more frustrating than challenging. It's almost like it is a crutch that was used way too often.

Finally I felt some of the later levels were really long for no reason other than to be really long. Especially in the final levels of the game they just went on and on for no real good reason.

Overall though I consider T2 to be a very good ARPG, especially compared to others in this genre. It is about as close to Diablo 2 as you can get (although I still think Titans Quest is better).
  41. Apr 2, 2013
    Torchlight II, while lacking a little bit in story line, completely blew me away with how much raw fun was in the game. I had never played a 3D hack'n'slash RPG before, and Torchlight II quickly became my most played game on Steam.

The only downsides to this game is the weak story line and that normal mode is a little bit too easy. It has excellent replayability with New Game+ and the
    mapworks. And now with GUTS, modding will grow hugely and there will be even more to do in this excellent game. Expand
  42. Apr 2, 2013
    Simple, light for the operative system, smart & very very funny!! The toon-graphic is very suggestive and cool!!! The gameplay left you every single breath....If you liked Diablo, you love this too much!!
  43. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Made by the same people that made Diablo 2, this is everything you should expect diablo 3 to be. great game-play, music is amazing, exciting skills, extreme build flexibility and diversity, constant item upgrades, this game is just amazing. and at only $20, its a complete steal.
  44. Mar 25, 2013
    TL2 is exactly what one should want in a dungeon crawler, looting game. And the problems in this game are very few and far in between. For example the normal difficulty is not normal, it's easy. So to get normal and then hard you should start on "hard". And the the graphic styling is not exactly new age but it's carrying a feeling that is appropriate for the game. There is alot of loot, there are alot of dungeons, there are alot of skills, monsters, quest. Many classes cause the games to have alot of replay value. Game also has a re-roll function making no two games the same, adding to said replay value.
    This is a great game folks but to make it even better it's cheap. None of that 60$ it's only 20$ that's it. Go and get it. Now. Stop reading this and buy it.
  45. Mar 22, 2013
    After long time when I play TL2,some weeks ago I get SynergiesMod and the adventures begins.The mod is awesome with that new content.still playing with fun and the gameplay is not boring.
  46. Mar 20, 2013
    A thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easier difficulties, but if you want to survive the highest difficulty, only the best builds will do. Weapon and armor drops have random stats just like in Borderlands. And you can customize them even further by slotting in gems and/or having them enchanted. Add in shops, a gambling vendor, fishing (heh) and a load of end-game content... Well, you get the picture by now. The best thing for me was how well balanced and polished this all feels. And at the price they're selling it, I advise everyone to try it. Expand
  47. Mar 13, 2013
    The only truly negative thing I have to say about this game has nothing to do with the game itself I am upset that I did not discover this game before I wasted $60 on Diablo 3 (though I did manage to snag it for $10 during a Steam Sale best $10 I have spent on a video game). I enjoy loot adventures and playing co-op with my brother (who lives in a different state). I felt like as the game progressed, I would discover new things about it that I liked, things that we would often talk about why they were never implemented in different games. You can tell from the beginning that TL2 was about what the players would want from this type of game. I even found a mod for full controller support you would think this would not work as well as it does (I figured I would use it only for my alt 'zerker but use it for my outlander as well). After just completing my first run-through, my character was only at 56 with a max of 100. You have the option to reset the world and play again OR purchase different dungeon maps with bonuses attached to them (along with handicaps and stipulations). That is a tremendously awesome way to keep a player interested (especially for someone who does not care about Raid bosses or PVP). I recommend this for anyone who enjoys dungeon crawlers. Expand
  48. Mar 6, 2013
    The game plays awesome, it does what the first one but better.
    I played it about 80 hours (twice the time that i played Diablo 3).
    The lack of history didn't bother me at all cause the game is great.
  49. Feb 26, 2013
    There was a huge amount of hype surrounding the release of Torchlight II despite the impending release of Diablo 3, and it shows how Runic Games have already built a dedicated fan base on the success of the first Torchlight. The sequel is a brilliant follow-up and the developers deserve full credit for building upon their excellent debut.
    To a minor extent, Torchlight II has less charm
    than its predecessor, but it expands and improves on every other element. The many areas are diverse and complex in their layouts, with multiple hub areas allowing you to sell loot and use the many other services available. You would be frequently returning to these hubs if it were not for the pet feature, which allows you to stock up your pet with items to sell in town while you continue exploring. It's one of the first game's best feature and makes a welcome return for the sequel. Each class has an extremely unique skill-tree, and there's a nice deviation from the generic tank/mage/ranged cliche. There is a nice diversity in the pet choices, too.
    Overall, Torchlight II is a commendable sequel, showing Runic Games' growing experience. I for one will be closely following their future projects.
  50. Feb 19, 2013
    Gameplay is great, lots of content. The graphics look good, especially the environments. Great music that fits well. My only complaint is that the story is really boring. It doesn't do enough to keep me interested in what's going on in this world, and that could be a deal breaker for many people. Why care about completing these quests when you don't care about the world or characters? It's a fun game with friends though. Expand
  51. Feb 18, 2013
    Im play diablo I and II and this last im have in my battle net with expancion...diablo III what a fail, no objects, no sould u play with enthusiastic--Torchlight I only fail not put multiplayer...but this omg m take from steam for 9,90€ and even 20 deverve all money...this game have 2 of developers of originals diablo I and II, that why sound so family... what im love lot this game is u hae lot free and can use guns from others chas thas its new and cool.graphic are cartoon and im like sound ists good gameplay not about to say history more stupid then diablo III but no affect game
    graphic 10
    sound 9
    history 9
    gameplay -10
  52. Feb 14, 2013
    This is an excellent game, I must say I was surprised at the level of quality put into it. For the genre, it pretty much blows everything esle away in terms of playability and "fun" factor. I am generally very picky when it comes to gaming and most games like this get tossed to the side after 10 or so hours, but not this one. I find myself getting lost tearing through enemies and clearing whole maps, not one urn going un-smashed. My only gripe would be the skill trees, in which you are pretty much stuck with your choices after choosing a skill (you only can retract the last three you chose) untill end game, or if you choose to "hack" your skills to default levels which can be done, but you are left with an asterisk I have been told. All in all, great game which is easy to pick up and instantly enjoy. Expand
  53. Feb 9, 2013
    In the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for a "Action-RPG" that would once again make them feel the same way as they felt playing through Diablo 2. A handful of things this game simplified that Diablo 2 3 failed to execute: Inventory No more saving up Gems Embers to transmute into higher ones.
    Item Transfers You now have a personal stash and a shared stash that allows easy transfer-ability between characters.
    Full Inventory Your "Mercenary Pet" is now able to run to town and empty your inventory for you, as well as go shopping for you while you remain on the battlefield!
    Specialization Ever wanted to try an ability out to see how it pairs the way you're building your character? You can remove 3 of your last talent points spent and replace them, if you dislike the direction the new ability was taking your character's play style.
    Secondary Spells Or rather spells that you can find while playing through the game, allows more customization to one's own character, as well as mercenary pet! No more going to specific Acts on specific difficulties for that one mercenary ability you want!

Anyhow, if you can get past the initial graphic difference, since this game is definitely nowhere near as "beautiful" as Diablo 3, this game beats out any other Action-RPG, coming from a hardcore Action-RPG player who player Diablo 1, and then Diablo 2 religiously. Take my advice and get into this game, you will not regret it, I promise you!
  54. Feb 8, 2013
    Before I started playing it, I said this game is over-rated and there is no way it is better than his greatest competitor- diablo 3. BUT, i bought it with an extremely low price and enjoyed it. The killing, the multiplayer, the loot system, the animals, the monsters were amazing. Unfortunately, the story sucks and there is no voice acting.
    This game is a real catch for having fun
  55. Feb 6, 2013
    users of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Expand
  56. Feb 4, 2013
    Torchlight II is not only a well done game, that could mess itself with the Diablo Series, it´s stands as a little masterpiece against the current trend in the gaming industry.

While permanent internetaccess, Cloud-Gaming, DLCs, missing Mod Support, Realmoney elements and restrictivly high anti-piracy measures become part of the daily routine in gaming development and are forced on the
    players without an alternative, this title is positively conservative and classic in two ways.

First the quality of the game. These is, measured on today´s standards in graphics, story, presentation, innovative gameplay etc., only average. But it is Hack and Slay in very best Diablo 2 manner, part of an ancient subgenre, which is for today´s circumstances already outdated, what results in a small amount of hack and slay titles.
    But what Diablo 2 makes one of the best PC Games of all time is the genres trumpcard, it´s uncomplicated pastime. You can play it for half an hour or while you are along the way. You don´t need to play it hundreds of hours to have a "complete" gaming experience.

And Torchlight 2 fulfills these virtues brilliantly. It offers what the players expect from it, no more no less. Spectacular fighting, an open world, individual charactercustomization and items in tons.
    In addition these virtues are supported by the boundary conditions of the game. No permanent online access necessary, full and userfriendly LAN and Mod Support and nevertheless the low price.

I think the main difference to Diablo 3 lies in the fact that Blizzard tried to modernize the Genre. The critics and the huge dissapointment of many players showed that such a modernization, for instance trough MMO mechanics or modern recommendations, is not requested and not necessary.

PS: Thanks for reading. I am sorry for my bad english, but it´s a second language
  57. Aim
    Feb 3, 2013
    It's a fantastic game which and the developer know how to design a real hack'n slay game. Compared to the failed Diablo 3 "game" which destroyed the complete franchise of it TL2 has all the freedoms,that player wants. You can skill the way you want, you can play it offline,you can create your own games there are no laggs... it's fantastic!
  58. Jan 30, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about with different builds :D If you like to have fun, you'll like TL2. Expand
  59. Jan 27, 2013
    Diablo 3 done right. Very customization skill tree and equipment that actually make the game enjoyable. It is undoubtedly worth the low price it is going for.
  60. Jan 20, 2013
    For every 1000 indie products, there comes one that is so great that it makes all the crappy rest worth it. Torchlight is one of those games. It's not only the best ARPG ever made but it is packed with content that will keep you occupied for all eternity. The only place where their budgetless indie studio lacked was in the cinematics and voice acting. Perhaps they opted not to spend too much on those, focusing instead on the gameplay. Smart decision. Still, the voice acting and cinematics are bad they actually makes me cringe and stop them fast before I feel bad for the talentless people who made them. This is why Torchlight II is a 9 instead of a 10. Expand
  61. Jan 20, 2013
    The ARPG that might save a genre! With D3's utter failure we(gamers) were left wondering if a truly fun and exciting genre was coming to an end? Had the ARPG run it's course? Nope, take the guys whop made D2 and fire them and have them come back and make another remarkable sequel.

The game gets a 9 from me. Would be and maybe a 10 in future if they can get the networking issues fixed.
    Also, the legendary loot needs work. It's almost as bad as the other ARPG that came out earlier.... Expand
  62. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the next one(IF they do). One of the best RPG games ever and a great time! Expand
  63. Jan 7, 2013
    I have Diablo 3 and i had fun with that game, but it is later boring...Torchlight 2 is the Diablo killer for me..because pvp, play offline single, no buy for win, play for win ...
  64. Jan 5, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options, showing how a game that's open can be successful; a true successor to the first Torchlight. Expand
  65. Dec 30, 2012
    Torchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The way Runic has designed the dungeons in the sequel is more along the lines of unique dungeons being placed throughout the world, and the player explores them to find loot and gain experience. The weapons have also changed a bit. Rifles have been replaced with crossbows, and the game has introduced shotguns and claws to the mix. You may also customize the appearance of your character, unlike in the previous one where you had a set appearance. Overall, it's a good improvement over an already good game. Expand
  66. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing, first of all I think it is much better then Diablo 3 for many reason, the main reason is because for the content it gives, the price is just a joke, only 20 dollars, (and less with the winter sales) comparing to the 60 dollars you need to pay for Diablo.

The game it self offers a lot of fun and gameplay time due to its length and enjoyful campaign which you can
    play with friends. each character has unique skills and accessories that makes them a lot different and valuable in combat against lots of bosses and tough enemies, normal difficulty itself is not that simple, imagine the harder ones...
    Graphics are quite good for the game and they suit it perfectly, no need of super DX11 with shadows and realistic lightinigs... this games provides everything you need without crashing your system.

The connection and login is simple, fast, no problems of any sort, I heard that blizzard had some issues in the past, and still has sometimes, this game is lag free and you can play without any sort of disconnection danger :D

In conclusion,
    If you liked diablo 3 or not, you should try this game definitely since it's cheap and excellent.

Good hunting :D
  67. Dec 30, 2012
    The best hack n slash rpg game! Better than Diablo III! If you like h'n's rpg's you MUST play this game! Beautifull graphics, nice skills, epic battles and more... This is Torchlinght II!
  68. Dec 29, 2012
    Torchlight II is an amazing game. It lacks in some areas such as the boring story and the uninteresting characters, but this game wasn't built with a wonderful, story-driven experience in mind. Torchlight II is all about hacking and slashing, looting, levelling, exploring, upgrading skills and upgrading your current set of gear. All of these elements of the game are splendid, and the hack-and-slash gameplay can be a surprising challenge at times. The graphics aren't amazing, but the art style is really nice, and the game runs buttery-smooth on my PC. It's an overall very polished game which delivers on many aspects, and is very fun and addictive to play. Expand
  69. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game play style and that is really fun. And the multiplayer mode of the game is also good and balanced. And the story line of the game is really good. Its a must have game for you if are a die hard hack and slash RPG fan. Expand
  70. Dec 28, 2012
    I can't really properly put down what this game makes me feel I'm just going to have to do my best but frankly, it's hard for me to really get into it at length because I start missing the game and wanting to go back to it, so this will be an emotional reaction review more than a technical one. I only have one major gripe with the game and that involves the story. It needs a bit more warmth, there's some definite lore overload going on and while it's great to learn about this fantastic new world they've created, most of the characters lack personality and it feels like i'm talking to walking,talking encyclopedias/politicians at times.

That's it, though. Everything else...it's amazing.The best way I can compare my feelings about this game is by comparing it to how I felt playing Diablo III. This game in many ways is the total opposite of that game. Despite DIablo III having a flawed story, many of the characters had a surprising amount of personality. Diablo III has a lot of really amazing art yet in the areas where it really needed to look amazing, it doesn't, it falls flat. Torchlight II has that Don Bluth/Disney animation style-the game looks like Titan AE/Treasure Planet by way of Heavy Metal with some Rock & Rule tossed in for good measure-yet there are some areas where you can tell they stepped up their game and pulled out all the stops in order to blow you away with pure mood. Despite stuff being low poly everything fits and there are some set pieces that make me marvel at how they've managed to pull off so much randomization while managing to keep everything cohesive.

The skills and stats are accessible and fun. I'm in love with my berserker. I honestly haven't had this much fun playing a character in a very long time. I loved Diablo II, loved my necromancer but my femzerker blows him away. She's spunky, has a ton of attitude and it's crazy that you can throw together so many different combinations of skills (I've chosen skills based on the background story I came up with for her) and still have them work in elite.

So, back to the whole D3 thing, yeah, when D3 came out I discovered that I had been waiting for a sequel for years. Diablo II was a very special game to me. I discovered it the same year I first fell in love. As much as I tried to keep my expectations low, despite not getting the game because i know it wasnt going to be anything like what I had hoped it was going to be, it was stick shocking and jarring to play through the game after being given it as a gift.

I was depressed. I knew going in that it might let me down but it was just...sad, and it was sad because I could tell that it would have taken so very little for it to have been better than it was. As crushed as I was, as let down, as sad as I was...that's how happy i've been playing this game. I walked into Torchlight II with very lowered expectations. Despite having played beta and despite having a lot of faith in Runic, I was scared. I hope Runic can understand. I was scared to let myself really believe.

So when that first surprise challenge threw me into a section of map I couldn't get out of without poisoning a bunch of spider spawners that kept throwing hordes of baby spiders at me, causing me to have to run around while freaking out omg omg omg spiders! gotta kill em gotta kill em damn damn damn whats this? Oh! grab the potion, poison the spider pits, run back grab another one poison another pit damn damn so many fuuuuuuuuuuu ok ok got it got it finsh em off GOOD DOG! GO BOY! wooooo spectral hound, backin his buddy up YES YES F**K YOU, SPIDERS! whoa...ok, um, spider mom and dad just ate all the babies and disappeared...oooo k HOLY F**K MY SCREEN IS COVERED IN LOOT OMG.

Yeah. My jaw dropped and I actually started crying tears of joy. I realized then and there that it was ok, I could fall in love with this game and I have-and i'm only in act II. So much of the stuff people told them about in beta has been polished up. This game...this game might just be everything many of us are expecting it to be. While i'm sure it's not perfect (I did mention my thoughts about the writing-sorry JD), it gets it right so often, you won't care and when it does it right-again, which it does a lot-it does it so damn right.

This game is good. Really, really good. This game...is amazing. Thank you, Runic. Good job. Note-I wrote this just after the game was released. It's now three months later and while a lot of my initial excitement has gone down, the game is still fun and hasn't really gotten boring, I just have lots of new games that have captured my attention but I still play, and will continue to for a long time to come. -Zid
  71. Dec 28, 2012
    Outstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of the environments look pretty good too. Seriously, don't waste your money on Diablo 3 (as I did..) - just load up Torchlight II and get clicking! Expand
  72. Dec 25, 2012
    Just picked this up the other week and I'd have to say it might be the most fun game I've played all year. I'm playing a fire "Embermage" who shoots flame spells and has a panther for a pet. The pets are nice because you can send them back to town to sell and buy things for you at vendors. You can also equip spells on your pet which they will cast in battle, so they end up being really helpful. The weapons and armor in Torchlight 2 are incredibly varied and I like the art work for them. The boss fights in this game are really well done, they feel like epic battles. In general I like the environments, although I would have liked to have seen one more Act, maybe in an expansion. The thing I like the most is the level of customization for your character. You can choose between various looks at the character creation screen, you can build them to use really whatever weapons you'd like, or shields. The game lets you play how you'd like to play. The play style seems to be fairly different for each character's spec, which is cool. The co-op is really fun and I believe supports up to 6 people in a game. The action is super smooth, I haven't had issues with the game stuttering or anything. For an indie game I'm really impressed at the level of polish, I haven't encountered any bugs that I can remember. Overall great game. Expand
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    While it lacks Diablo 3's looks with it's cartoon dayglow colours and simpler art style, it certainly makes up for it in every other way, the game is faster paced, feels more sturdy and sticks largely to the original diablo methods for skill trees and prgression. Loot side of things is right up there with Borderlands series.... theres simply tonnes of stuff, and thankfully without a god aweful action house you have to actualy earn everything.

A perfect companion game to Diablo 3, different enough to feel different doing the same thing.
  74. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    A lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't the first time. New maps, new enemies, new weapons and armor. Every time you play this game something is always different and new. Killing enemies is very satisfying, hitting something with a giant two handed hammer and watching them blow up into bits of blood and flesh, is kind of awesome. The gameplay is much more fast paced it feels quick like you are a badass just mowing through enemies; It feels more like and action rpg then D3 did. And just being able to customize your characters stats and abilities is a big plus not just giving you a set of "use this, or this but that's it" like D3 had.

One big con for me is that you can't respec more than you 3 recent abilities. I can enjoy games like this more when I can get the most out of my character without having to start a new one, If I get bored of one spec I and try a different one, or try all 3 and see which one I like the most. That is fixed with a mod, but it would have been nice to have free range with that in game. Speaking of mods this game has a huge mod scene much like the first one which in my opinion keep the game alive longer, and I can expect that with the second. I can't wait to see what people come up with! Torchlight was a great game, but to me it always felt unfinished like it was missing the finale bit of polish or the finale bit of testing. Torchlight 2 fills that void I had felt with the first one it feels like a finished game, feels like a lot of work with into it, that they were making a game for the fans rather than money. They deserve all the good that has come there way with this game, and I can't wait to see this company's next installment!
  75. Dec 10, 2012
    Ce jeux est grandement au dessu de mes attente. A assayer et si il y a quelque chose qui vous déplais ...autre que vous n'aimez pas ce type de jeux... aller voir sur le forum pour les mod. Probablement que quelqu'un dautre n'aime pas la meme chose et a fait un mod pour arranger ce leger défaut :-) juste parfait
  76. Dec 10, 2012
    If I could only say a sentence about it I'd say It wound disappoint you like Diablo III did.
    The loot you get won't be nerf'd all the time. Your gameplay won't be over controlled. And the very most important thing: you can actually have fun playing it.
    What else should you expect from a game?
  77. Dec 8, 2012
    Perfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who are complaining about the graphics are those who playing WOW and LOL ...I'm laughing at them so bad.. TL2 is an amazing game..only thing that misses is the ladder system! Expand
  78. Dec 2, 2012
    I waited until the steam autumn sale because this game came out right around the time of alot of heavy hitters like borderlands 2. That being said even at $19.99 this game is well worth the money and has far exceeded my expectations. I am pretty sure the creators of Torchlight are the minds behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. This game is pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been. In reality this game makes Diablo 3 feel like a souless cash grab. The love can be felt through the gameplay and the styling/design of the world. There are a few minor bugs and visual glitches which is why I could rate this a 9 but its really the really the only bad thing I can say so it stays a 10. Many of the complaints I see in these reviews would be resolved with viewing the controls screen and learning about things like holding **** while attacking. The music is fantastic, the graphics are very good, the story is decent and the gameplay is fantastic. I started out playing on Veteran and have not been dissapointed. Even when running through areas you already have its very common to see something you didn't the first time (if you reroll the world). The Pet inventory and spells are genius. Further, one of the best things in my mind is that loot does not bind to you when you put it on! You can use it and pass it along to friends. This game is an immediate buy if you liked Diablo 1 and/or 2. You should probably buy this if you and your fiends like games of this genre. Expand
  79. Nov 26, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period.
  80. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a very enjoyable aRPG game that I would recommend to any fan of the genre. It's got a very nice chunk of content, and takes roughly 15-25 hours to play through the game once. Even more on Elite difficulty which for me is the best experience.

This game is just oozing with personality and passion. If you at all liked the first Torchlight then this is an absolute must-buy. It does
    literally everything better than its predecessor.

Some great things I can say about this game:
    -A very satisfying level-system, giving you the freedom to allocate stat points and upgrade skills however you like. The skill tier bonuses makes upgrading much more enjoyable and interesting
    -Frantic action with tons of loot. Your screen will literally be showered with loot in many instances.
    -Challenging. One of the biggest problems I had with Diablo III was the fact that each character you created had to slug through normal and nightmare difficulty. In TL2 you can start on the hardest difficulty, ensuring a rewarding challenge throughout.
    -Very replayable. Each class plays drastically different, and each playthrough of the game feels fresh. With tons of different enemies, tons of different environments, tons of loot to find and plenty of easter-eggs to stumble across. This game can and will bring many hours of enjoyable video-game goodness.

81. Nov 22, 2012
    After spending $59.99 for Diablo III, I was reluctant to get this game. I am very glad I bought it. This game is plain FUN. Lots of loot, varied critters, interesting looking levels, and plenty of nail-biting moments. The graphics are cutesy/simple and very pleasing to the eye. Bosses are fun and creative! Downsides? Very minor ones. The mechanics are simple - kill monsters, grab loot, sell it, and gain experience. Over and over. The storyline is rather thin, and frankly, is not necessary to play the game. I would recommend this highly! Expand
  82. Nov 18, 2012
    For a game that took less than 2GB of my hard drive space, I was skeptical at first. I was sure it would be poor, because it would not have much content. I couldn't be more wrong. I started the game, it had different classes for choice, It took me less than a couple of minutes to adapt to the gameplay, and once I learned the basics I was addicted to the game. Smooth, easy to learn, but enough stuff to make it hard to master, plenty of loot, huge variety of items and monsters, great graphics, good enough campaign, and the awesome co-op play are the main points to make me love this game. It's actually very close to Borderlands in a lot of ways (I even found the claptrap as an easter egg), but in it's own way and genre. So, if you are looking for a game to spend some good time, either if you are a gamer or not, just play this game. You sure won't regret it. Expand
  83. Nov 18, 2012
    If you're curious about the negative rating on here - given before anybody but the lucky press (who have all had nothing but positive things to say) - it's called 'Blizzard Buyer's Remorse'. Silly rabbit, you can own both games. One doesn't have to be bad for you to feed good. Anyway, if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confid
  84. Nov 18, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a really great game. An action Rpg, very similar to Diablo 2 in the gameplay, but with some little diferents, and a tons of fun. The game is veary cheap. You have 4 acts, and diferents dificulty level(the most dificult is no easy), and also you can do a new game+, ng++,ng+++,ng++++ etc.
    It's not like Diablo III, that make you farm like crazy, to get some gear or pay $$.

If you like the arpgs this is an excellent game.
  85. Nov 11, 2012
    Fantastic....improved over Torchlight as Diablo 2 improved over Diablo...an energetic ride that has serious game of the year cred. Let's hope the third game doesn't fail as miserably as Diablo 3.
  86. Nov 9, 2012
    Torchlight II is the best MMORPG game i ever played in my whole life. It definitely beats Diablo III because it has a lot of good sides like it is easier to level up and its way cheaper than Diablo III.
  87. Nov 7, 2012
    Fantastische game. Dit is zoals Diablo 3 had moeten zijn , sterker nog, dit is diablo 3 voor mij. Geen flauwekul voor online hoeven spelen of een auctionhouse element die de maandelijkse kosten van de servers hiervoor moet bekostigen. In dit spel zijn de sterke spelelementen van Diablo II in tact gelaten en de wat zwakkere elementen van deel 2 verbeterd. Klasse spel!!
  88. Nov 5, 2012
    Overall Torchlight 2 expands over the first one and improves in pretty much in every way, despite some network issues it may have from time to time, players will surely enjoy the multiplayer experiences and if not they can dabble on the single player experience which like the multiplayer can be experienced through different difficulties. You have a pretty decent customization options for your characters and can easily build up any class in any possible way. The graphical details have improved from the game, the sound effects and music are kept the similar to the first game. Pretty much TL2 consists of all the good aspects of TL1 plus more. Expand
  89. Nov 2, 2012
    This game is amazing, is what all fans of diablo (yes i'm quoting diablo here cuz diablo3 was such a let down) been expecting. Is amazingly fun, and it actually has loot!! really polished and i really dig all about the game. There is so much to do and so much options to build your character that you'll never be bored.
    And for 20 bucks is a steal, and i'm sure there will be some steam sale
    around the corner soon. So no excuse to not buying it, if you are into rpg and you liked diablo 1 and 2 you definitely should get torchlight 2. Expand
  90. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is the true Diablo II successor that is all there is to it, made by the same guys who led Diablo II, the game is fun with a lot of replayability is only $20, I don't regret buying Diablo III but I am more hooked and had more fun with this game
  91. Oct 30, 2012
    Amazing game that deserves the 10/10. Right from the start you are enthralled with tons of loot, upgrading your character, and a decent enough storey to keep you on track. The main enjoyment comes from collecting all the tantalizing loot. Trying to find that next big item. And for the first time in a while ,a game that includes set pieces that you can actually collect! Feels great to get a full set of armour designed for your class and play style. I get that at times the game was easy, but not mind numbing enough to turn me away what so ever. Beat the game in around 25hrs with my two handed wielding engineer. Love this game. Expand
  92. Oct 22, 2012
    Finally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complain definitely is the cartoonish graphic , but know this, this is call ''Torchlight style''! Are u going to tell me that all the game have cartoonish graphic is sucks ? Reasonable? Expand
  93. Oct 16, 2012
    Great game!!! Played it start to finish twice with my wife and we both luv it. Not super complex, not super hard to play, lots of different builds seem to work well. Good hack and slash dungeon crawler at an unbelievable price. I could see hard core gamers finding it a little trivial but we luv it as a fast paced run, hack and slash. The graphics are so good we find ourselves stopping often just to appreciate the artwork in different areas. Best game $ I've spent in a long time. Expand
  94. Oct 14, 2012
    This game just FEELS right. I've never been a fan of the "click on things until they die" genre, but Torchlight II is seriously satisfying to play. Especially with friends in multiplayer. A word to the wise: Play on Veteran, or even Elite, never Normal mode. It's more fun with a bit of a challenge.

Don't go into this game expecting a story, though. It's all "go into that cave, bring
    back my MacGuffin!" They've done the bare minimum to get you into the real meat of the game, which is some great dungeon crawling leading to epic boss battles.

If you've got 3 gamer friends, try to go in for a 4-pack on steam for the discounted price and play together online or on LAN.
  95. Oct 13, 2012
    Damn, get this, for $19 its the best duckets you will ever spend... D3 for $60 ...hehe RIP!! If you are a big fan of titan quest and any Diablo title, torchlight 2 will blow you away....period!
  96. Oct 13, 2012
    Torchlight II, the $20 game that outshines your $60/per game collection by a long shot. Runic games once again proves they are a major player when it comes to creating an amazing game that the gamers WANT. Every tiny detail in Torchlight II is masterfully created and fine tuned. The scenery is gorgeous, the graphics are stylish and flush, and the gameplay speaks to you in a way that get's your mojo flowing.. if you know what I mean. This game is not for people with slow reaction times or people with weak arms. You'll be gloriously hyper-clicking your heart away as you evade and damage your enemies with lightning fast maneuverability abilities. Each class to choose from comes packed with amazing spells and such, and there's no limit to what you can create. Each character class is fully attributable in customization and each class has 3 unique talent trees to fill out over the course of level 1-100. Beating the game means nothing, Mapworks provides you with a map vendor who sells you dungeon scrolls to keep slaying baddies and stocking up that loot. Game getting to easy? No problem, hop into 6 player online co-op and start getting your face rolled on Elite Difficulty (Hardcore YOLO mode optional) or start the New Game+ mode where you re-roll the game map to randomize it a little and start the single player story over again, this time the monsters are stronger and you get to keep your stats and gear to bring them down again for even more powerful items. It's a joyous experience this entire game, the almost near perfect score I give this game suffers from only 1 thing, and that is the lackluster storytelling. While many Torchlight 1 fans will follow through the storytelling without too much confusion, there's much left open to anyone who's never traversed the lands of Torchlight. This game is huge.. and by huge I mean REALLY REALLY BIG. Every nook and cranny should be explored, there's hundreds of secret rooms, easter eggs, and unique items just waiting to be found. Keep a keen eye on everything, you won't be disappointed when you realize you can in fact put that lotion in the bucket and receive a Buffalo Bill parody mask. Seriously, why are you still reading this mini review? Go buy the game already! Okay, so more information.. this game is filled to the brim with loot, and that's not a bad thing. Items are already identified if they are worse than the gear you already have equipped. This is so you know that when you pick something special up and have to identify it you know it's got some worth. You get a pet, you can choose between hawks, dogs, cats, panthers, ferrets, whatever. Your pet is your go to guy, he/she can hold your excess loot, haul it back to town for you and sell it, and even bring you some potions/scrolls if you want to make a shopping list for him. Hell, the only time you ever really need to go back to town is when your inventory is filled with super rares and gems. I'm a little bit of a Torchlight fanboy, I'll admit that.. but I have every reason to be after the disaster D3 was. The original creators of Diablo 1 and 2 are the same people who made Torchlight. We all love D2 right? Exactly, now go let Runic take your money. If this game disappoints you, you have no soul... this is the spiritual successor of the Diablo franchise. Support game companies like Runic, they are the future of keeping games made for gamers. Expand
  97. Oct 12, 2012
    For 20 dollars there is not a ARPG that comes close to beating TL2. This game is fun as hell polished and after 50 hours im not even lose to bored yet. This game is my game of the year and deserves 10/10.
  98. Oct 12, 2012
    What diablo 3 should have been. Local lan support, no stupid blizzard drm, reasonably prized, no cash auction house. 10 out of 10 and a huge jump in quality and polish from the prev one
  99. Oct 11, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is an action roleplaying game sequel to Torchlight, which does an exceptional job on expanding on the original game. On its own merit, price point, style, and overall quality, it is a highly enjoyable, ARPG with a vast amount of replay value and reeks of quality (even or especially at $20). For the past week I've been running through the game at different levels, hardcore mode, multiple characters etc, and what I've found is that the game plays great, has not crashed once, and delivers on improving what Runic started with Torchlight. I do enjoy the visual style and ambiance of the game (Wow comparisons aside, as Wow didn't invent a cartoony/streamlined style), although it may not be for everyone, it does come across well and consistent throughout the game, although most of the time the finer details of my character are lost anyway as I tend to zoom out to the farthest extent when playing. Runic has done a very good job with this game, listened to what the community wanted, and provided (more or less) exactly what they promised. TL 2 is not a revolutionary game, but then again, not every game has to be. It is fun, fast-paced, highly enjoyable, does not have any real money transactions (I do not like them) and brings the most important concept to the forefront: Its freakin fun. And I haven't even had a chance to play co-op yet. All in all this game has the potential to be one of the games you look back on as a classic, as Runic has created a game with little or no caveats for the player, just pure fun. The only real criticism I have is of the voice acting, which runs the gamut from fair to bland, and the story itself. It's not that its bad in any form, but it doesn't really catch you in the way games like Mass Effect do. Thankfully, the game is pretty straightforward with the telling of the story and doesn't seem to dwell unnecessarily on needless dialogue, leaving you more time to focus on the fighting/looting/leveling cycle, while still getting the overall gist of the story. To its credit, it does have some twists to it, which does add some interest, although it won't blow you out of the water. I anticipate that once the mod community gets their creative hands on this game, depending on how extensive the mod tools are, you will be able to change the game in ways that only people who play Oblivion/Morrowind/etc on the PC will know. One final note: the music...is...amazing. That's all that needs to be said other then the fact that I highly recommend this game Expand
  100. Oct 11, 2012
    Awesome successor of Torchlight. If you like Action RPG with colorful cartoon-like graphics, fast paced action and tons of loot to sort through this game is a must have. I in particular enjoy the freedom regarding skills. You don't have to go through a hole tree to get to the good stuff - this enables really interesting builds, and rewards replays. Beside size of the world, multiplayer support is the biggest changes compared to the first part of the series. Hopefully Runic will add Steam Workshop support sometime.

For the current price at about 20 USD it's quite a steal and will entertain you for a long time.

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]