Torchlight II PC

8.6

1. Sep 20, 2012
    I'm really happy with my purchase. The game was only $20 dollars and well worth the price. Torchlight 2 is a standard hack-n-slash game. Knowing that I still enjoy it. I'm a little disappointed that there's only four classes to choose from but aside from that the game is polished and well designed. The best part of this game is that it has multiplayer online, LAN play and single playerI'm really happy with my purchase. The game was only $20 dollars and well worth the price. Torchlight 2 is a standard hack-n-slash game. Knowing that I still enjoy it. I'm a little disappointed that there's only four classes to choose from but aside from that the game is polished and well designed. The best part of this game is that it has multiplayer online, LAN play and single player offline mode. What a novel concept. Torchlight 2 is everything Diablo 3 *should* have been but failed miserably to do. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2012
    Torchlight 2, like its predecessor, is a Diablo 3 clone. There's no significant innovation from TL1 or D3 that makes this game stand out. You're probably wondering why TL2 has been getting glowing reviews. Well, it's quite simple, it's addicting. The game mechanic itself is addicting. It's as simple as that.

What TL2 does so well is it was able to address what the fans want. Runic took

What TL2 does so well is it was able to address what the fans want. Runic took the customer-centric approach in designing this game and it paid off. LAN support, multiplayer support, a $20 price tag and a level editor collaboratively makes this game shine.

I gave this game a 10 not because of the graphics (pretty but not great) but because its addicting and I know I will be playing this game for months. than If you buy this game, I'm pretty sure most of you will also.
  3. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is just amazing. All I was hoping for D3 to be. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the very colorful and cartoonish graphics style. But at the end it's a wonderful world with much at least as much sense to details as D3. So only a matter of taste and not of quality.

So at least for me at the moment pretty much the most perfect arpg on the market. And if some shortcomings should rise in the the future, I'm sure the modding community will handle it :)

If you like PLAYING arpgs then consider to buy it. More than enough value for 20 bucks ....
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    For the Diablo fans disappointed by the changes made to the most recent game in the series, Torchlight II will make them feel right at home. Runic Games has basically taken the gameplay and story from Diablo II and set it in the world of Torchlight. However, this is also the game’s Achilles Heel as it might feel a bit too similar to some.
  5. Nov 22, 2012
    After spending $59.99 for Diablo III, I was reluctant to get this game. I am very glad I bought it. This game is plain FUN. Lots of loot, varied critters, interesting looking levels, and plenty of nail-biting moments. The graphics are cutesy/simple and very pleasing to the eye. Bosses are fun and creative! Downsides? Very minor ones. The mechanics are simple - kill monsters, grab loot,After spending $59.99 for Diablo III, I was reluctant to get this game. I am very glad I bought it. This game is plain FUN. Lots of loot, varied critters, interesting looking levels, and plenty of nail-biting moments. The graphics are cutesy/simple and very pleasing to the eye. Bosses are fun and creative! Downsides? Very minor ones. The mechanics are simple - kill monsters, grab loot, sell it, and gain experience. Over and over. The storyline is rather thin, and frankly, is not necessary to play the game. I would recommend this highly! Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2012
    First of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content andFirst of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content and upgrades from the-already-great TL1 experience; More awesome skills, many quests and dungeons! All-in-all, You will find yourself spending a lot of hours on this one, trust me! Expand
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    This game makes efforts at improving a genre which was in a bit of a lull. Playing the beta really excited me because of the nostalgic feel of ARPGs and obvious features that made classic ARPGs a hit. Torchlight 2 did not stop at the beta like some of these reviews suggest. I doubt they have played the new release or the beta for that matter. This game is fun, engaging, andThis game makes efforts at improving a genre which was in a bit of a lull. Playing the beta really excited me because of the nostalgic feel of ARPGs and obvious features that made classic ARPGs a hit. Torchlight 2 did not stop at the beta like some of these reviews suggest. I doubt they have played the new release or the beta for that matter. This game is fun, engaging, and challenging. Equipment is almost a limitless toolbox of tweaks for your character, and skill building provides its own enjoyment with skill tiers and multiple skill trees. Choose your skills, choose your equipment, and basically equip anything you'd like provided you have the stats. How amazing is that? The multiplayer in beta was awesome, and once it is available on the official release I know the game will be a favorite with my friends and local LAN. Very few games give the features and availability to play on slower systems. Torchlight remains stylishly impressive as far as visuals are concerned while maintaining support for older and underpowered PCs. $20? Massive compatibility for smooth game-play? LAN? These options and the options I have listed with respect to character progression are all reasons I give this game perfect marks. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2012
    Overall I feel that this game is a well-polished version of the first game. The technical aspects are all perfect. No obvious bugs or quirks, incredibly smooth and solid gameplay. All of the 'little things' were tended to.
    I was hoping for a little more graphical improvement. The graphics were definitely smoothed out and the effects are more detailed than before. Personally the art style isn't really my cup of tea. I don't mind 'artistic' renderings but everything seems like a Disney cartoon with a few splotches of blood thrown in the mix. The women are rather scantily dressed but they look like little kids with cleavage. I say keep the art but make it look more like a dungeon crawler theme. I mean the game is based on wandering around and murdering everything in sight.
    I have enjoyed it but after reaching level 40 I don't feel inclined to continue on. The story is incredibly weak and the characters are completely forgettable. I have almost no connection to the hero under my control. In the end though I am giving this game a high rating because technically speaking it was delivered to me perfect. So far there have been 3 updates all of which have fixed problems I never experienced or adjusted some gameplay mechanics. And the best part for Runic is that they only charged me $20. Last year I was raped by Rage and Skyrim having paid full price for pre-orders; games I bought blindly because I had followed the developers since the beginning and had always been thoroughly amazed with their games. Is Torchlight 2 amazing?
  9. Sep 22, 2012
    I recommend this game for everyone, who like hack and slash. There are not so many similar games, and only few are made with such love and quality. Pure action, tons of loot, good randomizer, amazing soundtrack, four different classes with several different builds, co-op, new game +... for 20$! If you are still reading this, instead of buying TL2, then you have no conscience or you justI recommend this game for everyone, who like hack and slash. There are not so many similar games, and only few are made with such love and quality. Pure action, tons of loot, good randomizer, amazing soundtrack, four different classes with several different builds, co-op, new game +... for 20$! If you are still reading this, instead of buying TL2, then you have no conscience or you just don't like ARPG. Expand
  10. Sep 24, 2012
    The Good: Loot System - endlessly rewarding with no auction house to spoil the fun. You want godly gear in Torchlight II? you play the game, simple as that. - Enemy Diversity - so many unique types of enemies and its not just champions that have crazy abilities, some regular enemies have very nasty racial abilities - Price - $20 for a game that easily rivals if not defeats Diablo III asThe Good: Loot System - endlessly rewarding with no auction house to spoil the fun. You want godly gear in Torchlight II? you play the game, simple as that. - Enemy Diversity - so many unique types of enemies and its not just champions that have crazy abilities, some regular enemies have very nasty racial abilities - Price - $20 for a game that easily rivals if not defeats Diablo III as an aRPG. also the soundtrack is free, just google it. - MUSIC - composed by Matt Uelman, who did the music for Diablo 1 & 2, giving this game's music a much more Diablo feel then Diablo III itself. - Technical - The requirements for this game are very low and the game runs extremely smoothly all the time, I have yet to have a single crash or even a single frame lag. - Offline Mode - Self explanatory, no dealing with lag, no logging in if you don't want to, and you can go online at any point and even host LAN parties, i haven't much seen this option let alone used it since the days of Diablo 2. - MODS - again, self explanatory, any dev that endorses modding gets points in my book. The Bad: - Interface - the interface isn't terrible, its just not really that great either, just average. - Story - This is the only real down point in this game, the story is just not interesting on any level, that cliche ridden abomination full of long winded speeches and annoying cut scenes called a story in Diablo III is actually more interesting than the story in Torchlight II. However, torchlight's story is deigned in a way that you can totally and completely ignore it if you so choose and be just fine, which is exactly what I am doing. I'm in act 3 in torchlight II, lvl 50, around 18 hours play time, and I couldn't tell you the first thing about the story. TL;DR? buy it, its only $20, I haven't regretted a single second or a single penny I've spent on this game. Expand
  11. Sep 25, 2012
    Completely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( ICompletely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( I haven't played Diablo 3 yet and I don't think I will either). Expand
  12. Sep 24, 2012
    I really wanted to like Diablo III, but it just didn't hook me. I like Torchlight II better.

That said, I feel like the series -- a Diablo clone from the beginning -- is making some of the very same mistakes Diablo franchise made. I loved the original Diablo as a kid, and even in retrospect I really admire its elegant simplicity: A single town, and a single, massive,

I loved the original Diablo as a kid, and even in retrospect I really admire its elegant simplicity: A single town, and a single, massive, randomly-generated dungeon. When Diablo II came out, I enjoyed it but felt like it kind of lost its way -- By adding multiple towns and outdoor areas, it kind of felt like it was trying too hard to be a "real" RPG.

So when Torchlight came out over a decade later, I was in nostalgic heaven. It recaptured the spirit of the original Diablo better than any game since the original Diablo. One town, one massive, randomly generated dungeon. Yeah, this is what a dungeon crawler is supposed to be.

Now, Torchlight II is out -- and it follows in the disappointing footsteps of Diablo II. Well, I say "disappointing," but I don't honestly have any better ideas. If they made another single-town game, it would essentially be the exact same game, and that would leave me underwhelmed too.

So, yeah. It's a good game. And in many ways it's closer to what I hoped Diablo III would be than Diablo III. It definitely warrants a score in the green range. But it's not without its shortcomings.
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    It was kind of disappointing that I had to wait for a year to finally play this game, but it was totally worth pre-purchasing. I totally enjoyed it when it came out. Even though I couldn't play online at first, single player totally satisfied me. It is so much better than the first Torchlight game because Runic Games totally listened to critics about making this game coop and otherIt was kind of disappointing that I had to wait for a year to finally play this game, but it was totally worth pre-purchasing. I totally enjoyed it when it came out. Even though I couldn't play online at first, single player totally satisfied me. It is so much better than the first Torchlight game because Runic Games totally listened to critics about making this game coop and other features that others have requested. This game really feels complete. I totally love fast-paced games, and this game is totally fast-paced. The action fighting is where all the speed. Even like the cartoon-styled art. I know some people don't like it, but if the graphic style were to change completely versus the 1st game, then I don't think it would be worth calling it the 2nd Torchlight. I'm glad that Runic Games kept lots of originality in the art style. Buying this game for $20 is totally worth it. I held off from buying the "rival" game, Diablo 3, because it was too expensive for me... I did not hesitate to buy TL2 because of the great price it displayed. Thank you, Runic Games, for giving people many hours of endless fun. I'm almost at 1 whole day of playing this game and it's only been out for 5 days so far. So overall, I give this game a 10/10, because it feels so complete compared to the first game. Loot on! ;D Expand
  14. Sep 20, 2012
    What can I say? Runic has outdone themselves. They really reached out to the consumers when making this game. LAN and Online support with up to 6 characters, full mod support and Steam Workshop, all on top of an improved Torchlight experience. All new classes, new pets, open world, replayability, and 3 skill trees per class to amount to 12 unique playthroughs. The combat has been improvedWhat can I say? Runic has outdone themselves. They really reached out to the consumers when making this game. LAN and Online support with up to 6 characters, full mod support and Steam Workshop, all on top of an improved Torchlight experience. All new classes, new pets, open world, replayability, and 3 skill trees per class to amount to 12 unique playthroughs. The combat has been improved with charge mechanics, movement speed makes for non-tedious wondering, and the overall combat has been overhauled to be more fluid. This is all for 20$. Expand
  15. Sep 24, 2012
    This is exactly what Diablo III should have been. It's a hundred times better and anyone who says otherwise has obviously never played the game - twenty dollars, full modding support, offline play, a legitimate class system, and you actually get to choose your skills. That alone should be enough to buy this game.
  16. Oct 24, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best in the genre. Fun, fast paced and awesome, near overwhelming amounts of loot. The skills are all very good and allow for reasonably diverse character builds and the combat is very responsive & satisfying.

The game truly shines when modded. Throw Synergies and the T2 Essentials mod in and you'll get an extra 70 hours worth of content, half a dozen new classes and countless new pets to choose from.

Could not recommend it enough.
  17. Sep 21, 2012
    The best game in 2012, it's amazing that this game is only 20$ and give me more happiness than Diablo 3. Sorry, I can't even compare with Diablo 3, its unfair, this game is more great in 1 hour than Diablo 3 in 60 hours. OMG, i cant wait to play this game today.
    The characters is great, the power and magic is great, the itens area great(sword, shotgun, pistol, etc)

I LOVE THIS GAME
  18. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is everything I want in a loot driven game. The only strike against it is it didn't launch on may 20th for when i got disgusted with Diablo 3.

I actually look forward to killing mobs in this game. Loot drops that actually can be used by my character. I don't spend more time grinding out gold to browse an auction house. I get to actually play a game, instead of an economy system.

And they managed to make a game this fantastic run smoothly on my laptop, which is pretty much garbage in 2012.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    It's a good game. If you're fan of diablo series (NOT DIABLO 3) then buy it. It's definitely worth it. I don't really have anything to complain about this game, except the skills system.
  20. Sep 20, 2012
    Great game, the classes are unique, the music is very good, sounding like the original Diablo music. The combat has some cool things about it too, for instance there are hand cannons and shot guns that actually do ranged AoE damage, and if you're dual wielding you have a chance to strike with both weapons at once. It's a must buy for any fan of Diablo, and it's a bargain at only $20. ItGreat game, the classes are unique, the music is very good, sounding like the original Diablo music. The combat has some cool things about it too, for instance there are hand cannons and shot guns that actually do ranged AoE damage, and if you're dual wielding you have a chance to strike with both weapons at once. It's a must buy for any fan of Diablo, and it's a bargain at only $20. It has multiplayer, lan or internet, more modding capabilities, a lot of pets to choose from. Expand
  21. Sep 20, 2012
    Finally, a true successor to Diablo 2! Torchlight II is amazing, and the customizeability, depth, music, and addictiveness of the game all stay true to Diablo 2. If you were ever bored, dissapointed, or frustrated with Diablo 3, then this game is for you.

Diablo 3 ended up being a hollow shell of what the series could have been because it was ruined by a new developer team. Torchlight II is created by many of the same head developers that worked on Diablo 1 and 2.
  22. Sep 20, 2012
    ARPG perfection. This game is amazing. Play it! It's $20! Everything about this game is fantastic: graphics, music, gameplay, and story is pretty tight so far. This might be my favorite game of all-time.
  23. Sep 20, 2012
    This game was definitely well worth the wait. And its only $20! So much content packed into this extremely polished ARPG. Choose from four unique classes each with 3 distinct skill trees. Enjoy fast paced action and rewarding loot collection. And most importantly, play online, over lan or offline single player! Fantastic game.
  24. Nov 11, 2012
    Fantastic....improved over Torchlight as Diablo 2 improved over Diablo...an energetic ride that has serious game of the year cred. Let's hope the third game doesn't fail as miserably as Diablo 3.
  25. Sep 21, 2012
    Just awesome. I do not know how to express my satisfaction. It was first time in a LONG time that when i play a game my eyebrows go SO HIGH! I was surprised in a good way and every part so far is just fantastic.
  26. Sep 21, 2012
    Awesome awesome game from Runic. Everything that D3 could have been but never was. I would have given it 9.5 out of 10, because no game is perfect. But I can't give halves on Metacritic and TL2 doesn't deserve only 9/10 so I had to give it 10/10.

There were some launch issues, but those were resolved within 24 hours by the dedicated team from Runic Games! Even with the launch issues I was still able to play single-player and LAN perfectly.

The guys from Runic Games deserve all the support they can get. They are just the nicest people you will ever find developing games! They listen to what their customers say, and actually play the game and change it until it is fun!

The result is a 10/10 TL2, and the best thing is you can get it for only $20.
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    10/10 Amazing game. Feels like diablo 2. Everything is perfect
    DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL Worth much more than 20$. I cant believe I wasted 60$ on diablo 3!!!!
  28. Sep 20, 2012
    It does everything perfectly.
    It feels like Diablo I / Diablo II
    Blood, blood everywhere!
    Buy it - you won't regret!
    Multiplayer+Lan support. No **** online DRM and Real money auction house. You can switch seamlessly between single and multiplayer mode to play with friends, share loots.
  29. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing game ! Runic well done ! you guys show a ARPG game should be look like, no more DRM or RMAH crap, just simply play and fun.
    I think I will buy 2 more TL2 for my wife and daughter :D
  30. Sep 21, 2012
    Loot that you can actually use. Offline mode. Writing that isn't so bad its painful and you wonder how the writer kept his job. Fun bosses. Replay value. A great price. Doesn't butcher the universe made by previous entries. It just washes the bad taste of that other game right out of your mouth.
  31. Sep 24, 2012
    $20 game that plays like a $60 game. It is a great game even if you already have D3. Personally I like the Diablo 2 style skill trees with only minor respecing allowed. But i can see how some will dislike it. But if that is your only issue with the game I would overlook it and try it. Also I am greatly looking forward to the mods which there should be plenty with such a large player base.
  32. Jan 20, 2014
    If you like games of this genre then IT IS A MUST to at least try it out, very addicting and fun to play.
    I've been playing it for quite a while and i just keep returning to it to try out other classes cause the abilities and spells are pretty cool, the ember mage seems most fun cause of the variety of offensive spells.
    The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient

The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient to get it working if you're using steam but overall the game deserves 10/10 since i'm more of a solo player.
  33. Sep 25, 2012
    Much better than Diablo 3 this game is awesome i love every single monster kia in battle...LOVE LOVE LOVE this game you wont waste your money...DIABLO 3 ARE DEAD...RIP BLIZZARD AND ACTIVISION
  34. Sep 26, 2012
    Honnestly my best experience of gaming was with Diablo 2. I play like 2 years and i had awesome feelings. I waited a long time Diablo 3 and i played more than 350 Hours. It s a cool game but you know there is lot of troubles that everyone already knows. This game Torchlight is the next game i waited after Diablo 2 a strong substitute with good quality of gameplay. I play in Hc Elite and itHonnestly my best experience of gaming was with Diablo 2. I play like 2 years and i had awesome feelings. I waited a long time Diablo 3 and i played more than 350 Hours. It s a cool game but you know there is lot of troubles that everyone already knows. This game Torchlight is the next game i waited after Diablo 2 a strong substitute with good quality of gameplay. I play in Hc Elite and it s pretty tough. Not impossible but good challenge with my friend. I like trees skills , loots system and everything they did. Musics remember be Diablo 2 and the price of the game is really cool. I was confident about Runic skills and now i m sure they re really good . I wait double fine for a confirmation XD Expand
  35. Sep 20, 2012
    The best action RPG since Diablo 2! Made by the original developers of Diablo. This game is fantastic. Great loot tables, skill trees, attribute points, customization, fantastic music, and best of all.....OFFLINE MODE. Runic knows how to make good games and how to listen to its fan base. Torchlight 2 is obviously made by gamers who love gaming. Buy it, play it, love it.
  36. Sep 22, 2012
    After the huge let down Diablo 3 was, especially when it was obvious your are herded towards using Real Money to finish the game, either that or 100's of borring, tedius hours farming the same area. Not to mention no stats; no skill points; and not even letting your character's name show (only your "bar code" shows, talk about a corporate thing to do). Torchlight II is everything D3After the huge let down Diablo 3 was, especially when it was obvious your are herded towards using Real Money to finish the game, either that or 100's of borring, tedius hours farming the same area. Not to mention no stats; no skill points; and not even letting your character's name show (only your "bar code" shows, talk about a corporate thing to do). Torchlight II is everything D3 should have been. 1/3rd the price and 30 times more fun. :)

You can tell is was made by gamers, for gamers, not by CEOs like D3 was.
  37. Oct 22, 2012
    Finally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complainFinally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complain definitely is the cartoonish graphic , but know this, this is call ''Torchlight style''! Are u going to tell me that all the game have cartoonish graphic is sucks ? Reasonable? Expand
  38. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received someTorchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received some tweaks, character stats available through the character screen are more clear and much more exposed. Each class has MANY more unique skills at its disposal, and most skills scale well with gear stats or bonuses so you don't have the many "dud" skills of the first game. :) Torchlight 2 is a cleaner, visibly more refined, bigger and badder Torchlight and is what the original game deserved to be. Runic hit the nail square on the head with this one. Expand
  39. Jan 20, 2013
    For every 1000 indie products, there comes one that is so great that it makes all the crappy rest worth it. Torchlight is one of those games. It's not only the best ARPG ever made but it is packed with content that will keep you occupied for all eternity. The only place where their budgetless indie studio lacked was in the cinematics and voice acting. Perhaps they opted not to spend tooFor every 1000 indie products, there comes one that is so great that it makes all the crappy rest worth it. Torchlight is one of those games. It's not only the best ARPG ever made but it is packed with content that will keep you occupied for all eternity. The only place where their budgetless indie studio lacked was in the cinematics and voice acting. Perhaps they opted not to spend too much on those, focusing instead on the gameplay. Smart decision. Still, the voice acting and cinematics are bad they actually makes me cringe and stop them fast before I feel bad for the talentless people who made them. This is why Torchlight II is a 9 instead of a 10. Expand
  40. Sep 27, 2012
    Buy this. Seriously. It's fun. It's amazing. It would be too long to write all the innovations and the good points of the game, just try the free demo and see for yourself :)

I would love to give Runic the 90 euros I gave Blizzard for Diablo 3's Collector's Edition.
  41. Sep 21, 2012
    My experience with games of this type runs deep in my blood. I enjoyed diablo and diablo 2 thoroughly during my childhood and then again during high school years. I went as far as to buy diablo 3 on release day. Well I consider this time pretty much wasted. I finished diablo 3 on normal difficulty and there was no real incentive for me to sink in more hours, since I felt that slaughteringMy experience with games of this type runs deep in my blood. I enjoyed diablo and diablo 2 thoroughly during my childhood and then again during high school years. I went as far as to buy diablo 3 on release day. Well I consider this time pretty much wasted. I finished diablo 3 on normal difficulty and there was no real incentive for me to sink in more hours, since I felt that slaughtering all those beasts wasn't worth it. Diablo 3 is a dumb down game for the masses and people who never experienced these kind of games. Torchlight 2 on other hand is one of those game that you feel the climate I would say similar to diablo 1 despite its cartoony graphics. Since I fired the game I played until I got to lv20 and had 4hr of sleep left before work:D. I would say it was worth it. While diablo 3 disappointed me in all areas torchlight 2 rose and nailed my expectations and then some. Seriously I would buy it for twice as much. Since $20 is nothing compared to paying $60 for diablo 3 which I wont touch ever again. Expand
  42. Sep 20, 2012
    Wow Awsome game, went in skeptical and have thus far been blown away i immediatly got the feeling that i have so long wanted from Diablo 3 ........guys this is the real deal, will be playing for years to come great job runic.

Buy this game people it wont disapoint.
  43. May 20, 2013
    Its a really fun top-down, hack-and-slash action RPG. If you're not into that genre really, you might like it anyway, because before I wasn't into that genre, and now it seems I kind of am. There's a good amount of content, and there's end-game content as well. The story is alright. The voice acting is pretty good. Nice audio, nice visuals. There's modding support, that's pretty cool. TheIts a really fun top-down, hack-and-slash action RPG. If you're not into that genre really, you might like it anyway, because before I wasn't into that genre, and now it seems I kind of am. There's a good amount of content, and there's end-game content as well. The story is alright. The voice acting is pretty good. Nice audio, nice visuals. There's modding support, that's pretty cool. The development team, Runic, is pretty good--they've released a few (free) updates, including content updates. There's online (peer-to-peer) and LAN! Its pretty bug free, except: some class abilities have problems (ex. misleading descriptions); there seems to be some issues with playing online or LAN; there seems to be a lot of issues playing modded online or LAN; some minor spacial, gameplay issues in the game (ex. moving not where you intended). I'd pay around $30 for this game, or more. Expand
  44. Sep 25, 2012
    Thank you Runic Games, I knew you will make a flawless game :) For all the haters that rated this game a 0 on the release day, shame on you! Come here and give bad ratings after you actually play the game.
  45. Sep 24, 2012
    I honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see inI honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see in another RPG.Do not listen to the people boycotting this game and saying it's bad and it doesn't offer a challenge because they are obviously great big liars who couldn't have seen anything relevant in the game since it's release.They are making up half of the bad observations on it just because they are butt-hurt over people saying it's better then diablo 3 which in my opinion is not far fetched at all.The music and scenery in the game is beautiful as expected and the boss fights are amazing too.I urge the diablo 3 and blizzard fan(atic)s to please leave this game alone and mind your own business.We don't go on diablo 3's score and unfairly rate it without having even played it,buy the game and actually play it please and then come here and rate it honestly if you want to appear credible because honestly so far I haven't seen to many honest bad reviews. Expand
  46. Sep 23, 2012
    Incredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and itIncredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and it clearly shows in their work here. Expand
  47. Sep 20, 2012
    Buy this game now. I am constantly being blown away by this game at ever turn. To this review off I simply must talk about the character classes and items. I have played with each class and they are each unique and fun in their own way. The skill tier system and the skills themselves are fun. One embermage passive allows you to randomly call down meteors, spawn vortexes, acid rain,Buy this game now. I am constantly being blown away by this game at ever turn. To this review off I simply must talk about the character classes and items. I have played with each class and they are each unique and fun in their own way. The skill tier system and the skills themselves are fun. One embermage passive allows you to randomly call down meteors, spawn vortexes, acid rain, firestorms, and confusion ALL WITH ONE SKILL. The item system is great and allows you to truly customize your characters. Unique items do unique things I recently found a ring that summons a floating skull that zaps enemies around me. The pet system is fantastic and keep you in the action by going back to town to sell your gear. Pets can also learn spells so mine currently summons skeletons and heals me while shooting fireballs. There are several pets to chose from and each can be transformed using fish into new monsters with new abilities.

The overworld is MASSIVE, filled with tons of surprises at each turn. Random dungeons are huge and have their own bosses (boss fights are hectic and a ton of fun). The art style is unique and the dynamic day/night and weather system really add to the atmosphere. It is also important to note that the game is fully moddable so expect tons of community created content.

To put it simply Runic games has created the best ARPG on the market and it doesn't even come close. You owe it to yourself to spend the $20 and enjoy the hours and hours of fun this game will provide for you and your friends (the game supports up to 6 players in one game online) the game also has an offline mode so you can play without internet.

Once again: BUY THIS GAME NOW
  48. Sep 28, 2012
    In terms of value, it might be the best game ever made for a launch price of $20. Tight gameplay and controls, very flexible play options (LAN/internet/offline, character customisations, mod friendly), and the game has very interesting itemization. There's multiple levels of difficulty available for play immediately at the start too, so you can start at Level 1 with a very challenging modeIn terms of value, it might be the best game ever made for a launch price of $20. Tight gameplay and controls, very flexible play options (LAN/internet/offline, character customisations, mod friendly), and the game has very interesting itemization. There's multiple levels of difficulty available for play immediately at the start too, so you can start at Level 1 with a very challenging mode if you're an experienced gamer.

A few minor criticisms. The multiplayer game browser makes it hard to sort games, search rarely works when i try to find my friends' games by name. The plotline exists and is easily ignored if you just want to play, but its a bit generic. I also think the reskill mechanic should allow a full talent rebuild, not just the last 3 skills -- its inconvenient enough to have to pay to remap your talent points. Over all though, Torchlight 2 is *the* ARPG of 2012 and for the years beyond. Path of Exile. It is, in my mind, the true spiritual successor to Diablo 2 that we've waited a decade for.
  49. Sep 21, 2012
    Uninstall D3, this is the game you want to play. Incredible features, intuitive, awesome loot drops that are usable at the level you ARE instead of 20 levels below (which makes you feel powerful). The music score is awesome and atmospheric. This game is about the player, and having fun, and is not burdened by a childishly simple, boring, and depressing storyline that kills everythingUninstall D3, this is the game you want to play. Incredible features, intuitive, awesome loot drops that are usable at the level you ARE instead of 20 levels below (which makes you feel powerful). The music score is awesome and atmospheric. This game is about the player, and having fun, and is not burdened by a childishly simple, boring, and depressing storyline that kills everything likable (like D3; I got to level 39 and just couldn't play anymore because the story is so bad I just couldn't bear to go through it all again). Blizzard makes you use their AH and designed the game around the AH instead of the player. The only point that Blizzard surpassed T2 is in the graphics (I also prefer the darker tone). I amazed that the developers got this so right, when Blizzard fumbled SO bad, in 1/6 the development time (2 years vs 12). Blizzard should hire these guys back to make the XP for D3. Expand
  50. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely stunning! Beautiful graphics, amazing monsters, F****** awesome loot...did you hear me? AWESOME LOOT!

Looking back I now wish I would have bought the package of more than one game! Definitely worth every penny!
  51. Sep 20, 2012
    Once again, I've jumped into a game without playing the games prior to it, but wow, I struck gold on this! My review on D3 would explain how my respect for RPG games had dropped but this game brings me back! Intense fun, challenging, and well designed (all qualities it's daddy had) and now it comes to us in Multiplayer! Might I ask you who are reading this review: why haven't you boughtOnce again, I've jumped into a game without playing the games prior to it, but wow, I struck gold on this! My review on D3 would explain how my respect for RPG games had dropped but this game brings me back! Intense fun, challenging, and well designed (all qualities it's daddy had) and now it comes to us in Multiplayer! Might I ask you who are reading this review: why haven't you bought it yet!? Expand
  52. Sep 20, 2012
    Props for Runic Games for giving us this awesome game. A true ARPG (Action Role Playing Game) and not an Auction RPG. You won't regret buying this game because for $20 it's a steal. You will get more content than what you paid for and not to mention this game's replay value. Nowadays where $60 is the norm for pc games, this one truly delivers especially for gamers who are in tight budgetProps for Runic Games for giving us this awesome game. A true ARPG (Action Role Playing Game) and not an Auction RPG. You won't regret buying this game because for $20 it's a steal. You will get more content than what you paid for and not to mention this game's replay value. Nowadays where $60 is the norm for pc games, this one truly delivers especially for gamers who are in tight budget and just want to purchase a "bang for the buck" game. This is it guys! This is Torchlight 2! Enjoy! Expand
  53. Sep 21, 2012
    One of the games you can't really comment on ... Why? Everything about Torchlight II is great, so no need to name things. With modding and coop added, it will be fun for years to come. And I mean real fun, not the mindless utterly boring paradoxical linear grind like in D3.
  54. Sep 25, 2012
    Visuals: TL2 doesn't focus much on visual appeal. This is a sword, this is a gun, these are monsters. It has an almost cartoony look to it but the gear still looks badass enough so that it doesn't get annoying. As far as the skills are concerned i think they both are tied. They have different styles but TL2 is more pleasing to the eye. It isn't bright to the point that it is annoying butVisuals: TL2 doesn't focus much on visual appeal. This is a sword, this is a gun, these are monsters. It has an almost cartoony look to it but the gear still looks badass enough so that it doesn't get annoying. As far as the skills are concerned i think they both are tied. They have different styles but TL2 is more pleasing to the eye. It isn't bright to the point that it is annoying but enough so you can clearly tell what everything is and the action doesn't blur your vision to the point that everything kind of melts together. (as it feels like it does sometimes in D3). As far as physics are concerned Diablo 3 definately wins. Crumbling stone, Monster gibs are very satisfying, and the environments almost falling apart in some areas really adds immersion to the gameplay. The models in TL2 look like they had a little more love put into them. The swords aren't flat and dont look paper thin, And the wide variety of ranged weapons for mostly one class really impressed me.
    Monsters: The monsters in diablo felt generic, uninteresting, and just plain bland most of the time. Mostly borrowing from the previous games and adding a few from other games it really didn't bring any surprises. Even the bosses felt kind of boring with the butcher being the generic bad guy from about 10-20 different video games including previous diablo games. The champions in TL2 have been greatly improved from the first one but after playing d3 for so long they felt like pushovers. While some people may have been disappointed with how simplistic the champion design is i was actually thankful i didnt have to spend 30mins-1hour fighting one champion because my gear wasn't godly at the time. I was also thankful there were no invuln minions, reflect damage, mortars, desc, or the ice bombs. Because it meant i didnt have to hop around the map trying to sneak a shot in time from time while trying not to get killed in 1-2 hits. Overall TL2's champions were slightly not challenging enough (i played on veteran) and D3 was too unforgiving. Gear: Here is where TL2 truly shines. Gear is plentiful, and gear of all rarities are useful with uniques being rare enough and with good enough affixes that it would immediately replace the rare gear you had before without making you feel like you NEEDED it. It took me 3 uniques until i got one that i could actually use so i stuck the others in my shared stash for alts and didn't find myself disappointed that i didn't get more. The rare and uncommon drops had good enough affixes, and all useful for my class so i didn't mind not getting godly gear. In diablo 3 had i gotten gear with strength or intelligence (focus in tl2) i would have been pissed and vendored that !@#$, but in TL2 some strength or focus is actually useful for my mostly Dexterity class. They balanced the skills so that every class can benefit from bonuses in each of the 4 stats. And if you dont like certain affixes on your gear you can pay some gold and get them removed via enchanter, and also add in more enchantments depending on how good the enchanter is. This allows for great customization in gear and makes almost every rare or higher drop worth keeping. In diablo 3 getting gear feels like cycling through garbage for hours or even days to find 1 hidden diamond.
    I've seen people complain about TL2 interface but honestly i found it to be much simpler and easier to understand than D3. It has no hidden modifiers, any additional information you want to know can be found in your arcane statistics (J). Plus you can load your pet up with any loot you dont want and he will go to town and sell it for you so you can spend more time actually playing the game.
    Basically if you love to grind and spend hours upon hours praying to find something godly, or even worth putting on the AH; then play D3. If you like to play ARPGs and kill monsters, get lots of loot, and have a ton of fun; then play TL2
  55. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing game. This is how Diablo 3 should have been. Torchlight II trash Diablo 3 down to the stone age. This is what happen when gamers and talented devs make an ARPG instead of Wall-street(Activision-Blizzard)

56. Oct 1, 2012
    This game is the true successor to Diablo II, but even though its story/characters/combat (not as smooth or fluent) fall below Diablo III, it is still a great title. This game excels at everything that Diablo III tried to be great at. It has challenging combat, great itemization/randomized areas, single-player (no forced online connection), and most of all no gold-based progression. TheThis game is the true successor to Diablo II, but even though its story/characters/combat (not as smooth or fluent) fall below Diablo III, it is still a great title. This game excels at everything that Diablo III tried to be great at. It has challenging combat, great itemization/randomized areas, single-player (no forced online connection), and most of all no gold-based progression. The combat feels a lot less polished than Diablo III, but it makes up for it by making it more engaging and less frustrating. You can pick any difficulty you want without having to play through the game several times to reach or unlock it. This is a definite game to buy if you love ARPGs. It was designed by the man responsible for the first two Diablos, and made by a small team of thirty that are better than Blizzard. Expand
  57. Sep 20, 2012
    I know it's a little quick to judge but this game is perfect. It fixes the biggest problems I had with D3. One, there's actual character building with skill points and attributes. Second, you can find gear that's an improvement. In D3 i never got excited over an item, ever. But in torchlight I find one after another better armor piece. Don't get the idea that this makes your characterI know it's a little quick to judge but this game is perfect. It fixes the biggest problems I had with D3. One, there's actual character building with skill points and attributes. Second, you can find gear that's an improvement. In D3 i never got excited over an item, ever. But in torchlight I find one after another better armor piece. Don't get the idea that this makes your character overpowered, because it doesn't: the pacing keeps a gear check. The game play is great and the graphics are wonderful. If cartoon isn't your style then your sol. If you don't like something about the game you can mod it. (THIS DOES NOT MEAN HACKS). Runic games plan to release software to help the modding community. This hasn't been done in many large games like torchlight. So I'm excited to see where this goes. All of this is only 20$. Please check this game out it is worth it no doubt. Expand
  58. Sep 22, 2012
    Been waiting for the follow up on Diablo 2 and I finally have it! The game is exactly what you expect for a hack & slash game (what Diablo 3 should have been => Fun!) Didn't get a 10 only because the mutli-player interface/game play needs some work. You will definitely get your $20 out of this game. Can't wait to see future projects from this company.
  59. d3v
    Sep 20, 2012
    10/10, just because this game makes one thing that diablo III didn't make after sometime: fun

Seriously, this is a pretty awesome game, and for 20 bucks it's worth it!
  60. Sep 26, 2014
    For me this Game is a 9/10 why ? Cause it has nearly EVERYTHING.
    A storyline that keeps you playing, Itemization that is easy and appealing and the Game is cheap!

Well made classes even invite you to play through the Game again.

A cheap bargain.
  61. Sep 25, 2012
    This is what D3 should have been. I highly suggest you buy the four pack on steam and play co-op with your friends. I had so much fun exploring the game and having FUN I lost track of time and here I am burning a sick day from work. :)
  62. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very good rpg with bright epic colors and satisfying spells, beautiful cartoon style graphics that never age and some of the Best character classes i have played. Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the open community.

Worth $50
  63. Sep 21, 2012
    @ token40k a 0 really? Get your facts straight. This is not a Diablo wanna be, every member of the team that designed Diablo 1 and 2 left Blizzard and created Runic. Not a single person who created Diablo works for Blizzard, they just own the name. Diablo 3 is the wanna be now, it is a 100% Blizzard game. Torchlight is made by the original team. $60 for Diablo, beat it in 10 hours, just to@ token40k a 0 really? Get your facts straight. This is not a Diablo wanna be, every member of the team that designed Diablo 1 and 2 left Blizzard and created Runic. Not a single person who created Diablo works for Blizzard, they just own the name. Diablo 3 is the wanna be now, it is a 100% Blizzard game. Torchlight is made by the original team. $60 for Diablo, beat it in 10 hours, just to go back through until you beat inferno, what a boring waste. This game is by far superior to Diablo 3, and its $20. Graphics are good, gameplay is smooth, 0 crashes or bugs so far. I like the talent tree system way better than Diablo. They also don't severely cripple how many skills you can use. Characters can be far more unique and not just another "barbarian" like Diablo 3 was. I am having way more fun with this. Too bad it won't get the publicity that Blizzard can afford to shove with their releases. Expand
  64. Feb 25, 2013
    This is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited toThis is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited to only the three most current traits selected. Once you go down a path, you are kind of stuck with it. There are workarounds for this issue, but I havent tried any of those yet. This really limits players options for testing new strategies and trait combos along with new gear. I dont understand the logic of this design choice at all. Other than that its a great game at a great price. Expand
  65. Sep 21, 2012
    Nothing to say but this: This game is what Diablo III should have shown into public instead of RMAH centric slot machine loot system. It brought back the actual 'Fun' factor with fast pace combat, not so easy difficulty, load of loots, interesting skill system and combat mechanics. Graphics wise, it cannot be matched to multi-hundred-million budget games but keeping up par with cartoon-ishNothing to say but this: This game is what Diablo III should have shown into public instead of RMAH centric slot machine loot system. It brought back the actual 'Fun' factor with fast pace combat, not so easy difficulty, load of loots, interesting skill system and combat mechanics. Graphics wise, it cannot be matched to multi-hundred-million budget games but keeping up par with cartoon-ish art. In short, Runic Games was able to match the hype. Of course, you can get everything with $20!!! One more thing: you can actually customize your character, which is actually 'first' in ARPG genre. Expand
  66. Sep 23, 2012
    Un très bon jeu. Bien supérieur à diablo 3 à son lancement. (oui déjà TL2 fonctionne dès la première minute juste après le DL).

De bon graphismes, dynamique, des loots stimulant, une durée de vie très bonne avec les mods et les donjons infinis ...
  67. Sep 21, 2012
    Je rejoins les avis positifs sur le jeu (pas comme ce Chocapic de Gamekult qui nous a pondu un torchon pro D3 honteux), après 6h de jeu hier soir en mode élite, une dizaine de fois mort, et le Général Grell de vaincu, (quel combat ^^) (oué 6h pour arriver là c bcp mais j'aime prendre mon temps et tout explorer jusqu'au dernier recoin de la carteJe rejoins les avis positifs sur le jeu (pas comme ce Chocapic de Gamekult qui nous a pondu un torchon pro D3 honteux), après 6h de jeu hier soir en mode élite, une dizaine de fois mort, et le Général Grell de vaincu, (quel combat ^^) (oué 6h pour arriver là c bcp mais j'aime prendre mon temps et tout explorer jusqu'au dernier recoin de la carte ^^), il était 3h du mat quand mon engineer à pris son niveau 14, je n'ai pas vu le temps passé, signe de réussite à mon avis de la part de Runic.

Hâte de retourner sur le jeu, les loots sont cohérents (hein Blizzard), plusieurs items de set récupérés (dont un en péchant ^^), 1 set complet (le Runemaster), 2 uniques pour mon perso et moultes bleus, un phase portal, et un parchemin pour faire apparaitre le vendeur de set (pas encore activé) je suis comblé :)

Les différents boss rencontrés (ainsi que pas mal de pack) offrent vraiment un vrai challenge avec ce mode de difficultés, juste un regret sur le faite que les popos soient spammables à volontés.

En switchant entre gros canon et armes 2H l'engineer est vraiment plaisant à jouer, quel pied !
  68. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    A lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't theA lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't the first time. New maps, new enemies, new weapons and armor. Every time you play this game something is always different and new. Killing enemies is very satisfying, hitting something with a giant two handed hammer and watching them blow up into bits of blood and flesh, is kind of awesome. The gameplay is much more fast paced it feels quick like you are a badass just mowing through enemies; It feels more like and action rpg then D3 did. And just being able to customize your characters stats and abilities is a big plus not just giving you a set of "use this, or this but that's it" like D3 had.

One big con for me is that you can't respec more than you 3 recent abilities. I can enjoy games like this more when I can get the most out of my character without having to start a new one, If I get bored of one spec I and try a different one, or try all 3 and see which one I like the most. That is fixed with a mod, but it would have been nice to have free range with that in game. Speaking of mods this game has a huge mod scene much like the first one which in my opinion keep the game alive longer, and I can expect that with the second. I can't wait to see what people come up with! Torchlight was a great game, but to me it always felt unfinished like it was missing the finale bit of polish or the finale bit of testing. Torchlight 2 fills that void I had felt with the first one it feels like a finished game, feels like a lot of work with into it, that they were making a game for the fans rather than money. They deserve all the good that has come there way with this game, and I can't wait to see this company's next installment!
  69. Sep 21, 2012
    I'm just a simple factory worker guy, I play games as my escape, I'm sure you do too.

This game has done a lot for me. It has restored my faith in the game developer, it has provided entertainment, and it has provided a chance for some 'good times' with friends. If I could put it more simply, I'd say this is a D3 killer, but no one would believe me. I agree, people will view this

I agree, people will view this game harshly simply because they are obsessed with a specific franchise or brand. Please keep that in mind.

If you are looking for something that's fun, this is it. 4 pack this puppy and play with friends. Gift giving season is coming!
  70. Sep 21, 2012
    Now this is how a dungeon crawler ARPG should be HANDS DOWN. It is everything that D3 should of been but is not.

It's a well polished game where the loot is actually viable to use. You are not just selling everything to the vendor but you find stuff that you can use and come up with different combinations for your characters like maybe an embermage that carries a gun and a shield or a traditional weapon like a staff or even two wands. Simple put: the itemization in the game is enormous! There are skill trees available that offer numerous different builds. For example, I started with an embermage and went all +Ice damage. But then I added some fire gear and spells and now I have a completely unique spell build that just makes me want to create another embermage to try out different combinations.

As far as the D3 comparisons go, this is what D3 should of been. It makes me wonder what this team could of done if the Diablo IP was still under their control. It's a shame on Blizzard.

Nevertheless the only thing that I am not a big fan of is the art work and bright colour scheme of the game. At first it wasn't my cup of tea per say but it actually does work well for the style of story they are presenting the customers/gamers.

It's extremely well done. The game only costs 20 bucks. There is no Auction House or Real Money Auction House. It is the standard for an ARPG and what a game should be.

Don't listen to the negative reviews. Honestly, don't. They are just hurt Blizzard employees or fan boys that are putting the game down. The number of positive reviews speaks for itself. Excellent job Runic Games! Excellent Job!!
  71. Sep 22, 2012
    this is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game justthis is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game just makes me puke. sure they changed it now so its more like torchlight II; how original. Expand
  72. Sep 24, 2012
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sss
  73. Sep 21, 2012
    Made by the folks who know how to make ARPGs (D1 & D2) Torchlight 2 is the living successor to these games (unlike one which shares the same name). It keeps to the tradition of action role playing games and absolutely delivers. If you are looking for an ARPG that has a loot and game play system derived on fun rather than a real money auction house, this is the game for you.
  74. Dec 14, 2012
    There is something therapeutic about mass killing enemies with a Flame Hammer. :) The only things I wished this game had are classic characters like the barbarian or paladin. You have have your Berserker which is a werewolf like class and your engineer which looks like a human engineer from WoW. That is why I give this an 8 instead of a 10. Great game but needs more classes or different ones.
  75. Sep 24, 2012
    Amazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the oddAmazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the odd unique weapon from bosses. The 4 classes are all cool and each have 3 talent trees to suit a subclass of your choice, for example engineers have a talent tree with skills suited for two handed warrior, machinist, and even a more defensive tank sort of playstyle. There are also about 6-7 types of pets you can choose from your character compared to just cat or dog from the original Torchlight and the Fate games. The story is pretty shallow but it's servicable for giving you a reason to slaughtering things and making flashy animations burst everywhere on the screen. The graphics are cartoony and WoW like and much more colourful than what might be seen in Diablo III. The particle effects have been upgraded so that explosions and stuff are prettier but it may also be more stressful on older computers like mine compared to the first Torchlight. There is also a co-op mode in the game although I was unable to play it on my pirated copy of the game

Overall, awesome game and for $20 ( which I didn't pay) you can't go wrong. Or if you torrent it like I did, at least buy the game to support the developers later on.
  76. Sep 20, 2012
    The best game on my steam library i would gladly pay 35 pounds for this game but its only 15 POUNDS!!!!
    this feels and plays like a triple a game. i havent played diablo 3 so i cant compare but my freinds have it and say torchlight is MUCH MUCH better
  77. Oct 5, 2012
    Something interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playingSomething interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playing Torchlight II. At least it has meaningful skill trees and stat points, and of course PvP, more than you could say for the "highly polished" Diablo III in the words of Digital Spy... Expand
  78. Sep 24, 2012
    Ahh yes, its finally here. The game Diablo fanboys have been waiting to come out to either: 1. Praise for being just like 1&2 OR 2. Take a dump all over it because its a clone of Diablo 3. Similar to Diablo 3 yes but also better for a lot of reasons. Torchlight II is for people who like to tweak their experience to their play style whereas Diablo 3 forcefeeds you skills, talents, andAhh yes, its finally here. The game Diablo fanboys have been waiting to come out to either: 1. Praise for being just like 1&2 OR 2. Take a dump all over it because its a clone of Diablo 3. Similar to Diablo 3 yes but also better for a lot of reasons. Torchlight II is for people who like to tweak their experience to their play style whereas Diablo 3 forcefeeds you skills, talents, and modifiers. This game has NO AUCTION HOUSE making every juicy piece of loot earned and not gold-farmed or bought with actual money. But enough about Diablo lets talk about some T2 details. The graphics are really great. The graphical style of T2 goes perfectly with the lighter atmophere the game presents to you with cartoon flare and explosions that can fill the entire birdseye view at points. The soundtrack its just quite simply amazing. Composed by the great Matt Uelmen (Diablo, Diablo 2, WoW: BC, Starcraft) which morphs from sparse picking of a guitar to gawdy thick choir chanting and whatnot. At the time of this review there are bugs that can be annoying but Runic is working on them every day. I can't wait to see the mods that come out later on for this game. Expand
  79. Feb 25, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement since the first one (though the first was pretty cool too!), Runic Games fixed the things that were annoying in the original. For example, they have diversified the scenery and your hero travels to different locations instead of digging the same mine in the first game. Also there are a lot of fun things to do besides the main quests: you can search forThis game is a huge improvement since the first one (though the first was pretty cool too!), Runic Games fixed the things that were annoying in the original. For example, they have diversified the scenery and your hero travels to different locations instead of digging the same mine in the first game. Also there are a lot of fun things to do besides the main quests: you can search for secrets, kill unique champion monsters or scan the maps for side quests. But of course the main step forward is adding multiplayer COOP. Awesome! Comparing to D3: YES, T2 is better! It's just more fun to play, more addictive. The only thing in which D3 is better is storyline/cinematics, it's just more epic and dramatic. Expand
  80. Sep 20, 2012
    torchlight 2..... is hands down much better than diablo 3. the graphics are cartoonish but the game play is 100 times better then diablo 3. torchlight 2 > diablo 3.

Runic killed it (in a good way), Jay wilson killed it with a knife and continued to stab the dead body overly killing it.
  81. Sep 21, 2012
    Tons of content, fun rewarding loot system, fun character and skill design and a wealth of secrets and explorable content all for $20 great work runic!
  82. Sep 23, 2012
    I haven't had this much from with an ARPG since Diablo 2. The atmosphere and setting are both bang on, the gameplay (targeting enemies, camera, mechanics, etc.) are all very well done. The only fault I can find in this game is that the story isn't memorable. Aside from that, this game is perfection.
  83. Sep 21, 2012
    The game Diablo 3 should have been. Saw some Blizz **** drinking fanbois complaining about "bad interface" and "clunky combat". Don't know what they're on about. Must be too stupid to figure out the game. Granted, they are Blizztards.
  84. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is the true Diablo II successor that is all there is to it, made by the same guys who led Diablo II, the game is fun with a lot of replayability is only $20, I don't regret buying Diablo III but I am more hooked and had more fun with this game
  85. Nov 26, 2012
  86. Mar 22, 2016
    Desperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. TheDesperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. The extras and secrets are rewarding and fun to go after and the boss fights are sometimes challenging. The map layouts and higher difficulty play can get a bit repetitive, but it never really gets in the way of the enjoyment factor. There are also mods available that make the adventure more interesting and co-op play is fun as well. Expand
  87. Dec 30, 2012
    Torchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The wayTorchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The way Runic has designed the dungeons in the sequel is more along the lines of unique dungeons being placed throughout the world, and the player explores them to find loot and gain experience. The weapons have also changed a bit. Rifles have been replaced with crossbows, and the game has introduced shotguns and claws to the mix. You may also customize the appearance of your character, unlike in the previous one where you had a set appearance. Overall, it's a good improvement over an already good game. Expand
  88. Jan 30, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about withOne of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about with different builds :D If you like to have fun, you'll like TL2. Expand
  89. Sep 20, 2012
    Beautiful. Polish. Soundtrack can feel very rich and satisfying. If this game was a girl, it'd be the short, cute girl with expressive eyes, who plays the violin professionally and you met through a friend, and you end up dating and married, and spend the rest of your life together. :x
  90. Sep 20, 2012
    This game get's a 10/10, I've been playing the press release.

First of all, graphics sound style charm blablabla we've all heard it before. So let me instead say what stuck out to me. Somehow because of my own idiocy I lost 8-9 hours of progress on an elite DW berzerker I made. I was half way thru act 2. Needless to say this was frustrating, so I had an idea. I'm only allowed to
    This game get's a 10/10, I've been playing the press release.

I'm only allowed to show act 1-2 and everyone saw 1 from the beta, so I decided to spend my second, returning 9 hour trainride rushing 5 characters to the end of act 1.

Thanks to a 3 hour train delay I succeeded. I made a lvl 21 dualzerker which rocks, a lvl 21 tankgineer which rocks, a lvl 21 embermage that demolishes elite, a lvl 21 melee 2h engineer I need to work on, and a lvl 21 bowlander that's starting to rock.

Here is the important reason why the game is a ten/ten. Alone, playing single player in a train, with a malfunctioning mouse, I didn't get bored playing 5 characters through the same act. To the contrary I really enjoyed seeing my builds come to life.

you think the repetition would kill you, but the randomized chunks are magic. Honestly diablo 2 has it easier I realized, because part of the reason it captivates me is because the crap graphics let my imagination fill in the blanks. In TL2 everything looks so good, that it's easy to get tired of seeing the same urns over and over. So Runic ingeniously made randomized chunks and they keep the game super fresh. I'd be just starting to grumble over doing the same quest, when I'd run across a little scene, nook, or area I hadn't seen before and it just seemed so wonderful and alive. Like the world evolves with my character. It's hard to describe the feeling, but it just keeps the game from getting tedious if you appreciate exploration like I do.

The skills are IMO not perfect, but they will never be as we all want different things. I'll do a skill change request thread later. Some buffs I thought could have lasted 3-5 seconds longer and some tier bonuses I thought could have been more generous given the mana cost. However each skill has purpose, and if you build correctly you could make many of the active skills your main. I'm going to eventually make a fire bomb embermage instead of the cliche magma spear build.

The difficulties are great now. Veteran becomes legitimately challenging and elite is freaking hard though I have conquered it with one build.

Mainly I have to give a lot of points because I was doubtful about how far they'd come from the beta and they went over my expectations. Every single change I've noticed from the beta not only do I approve of but appreciate. They made dual wield claw berzerkers viable, they nerfed everything that trivialized elite yet unlike some companies nerfed the skills to "viable" instead of "useless."

They are true to their word that you can become OP for moments, only to find in the next 6-8 levels that your enemies have caught back up, or even become stronger than you again.

There is the sweet pain of letting go of a piece of armor that boosted your damage because you are in sore need of more survival based affixes.

The act changes are also great. I won't talk about act 3, but in act 2 I felt, rightly so, that engineers and berzerkers suffered from all the slowing ice damage. Lo in behold though in act 2's desert againt physical opponents my berzerker began to thrive like no other. The acts DO feel different from eachother, and this is very good.

Monsters are fantastic, I find myself thinking, "oh it's one of those types. I better avoid x and do y." Like when I see basilisks I keep my distance and hit and run to avoid being snared by their gaze. When I see hordes of small minions I dive in with AOE to make sure I kill them before their fast damage kills me. Some of my classes handle projectile enemies better, some handle mages better, and some handle melee better. Each play through feels different.

The item game is super sweet. I love the new affixes. Life and mana regen are helpful. The new "cast on hits" are cool. But specifically a lot of uniques were changed since beta. Now every class specific unique has 1-2 affixes that specifically help one or 2 builds for that class. Whenever I find a class unique I get excited and can easily imagine how to best utilize it.

The boss fights were good but I am still a little dissapointed in act 1's. Act 1 feels too fast for me. You meet the wise guy for all of 2 seconds and then he becomes [spoiler] . I was hoping to get more attached to him first.

Every act felt different, the difficulty got progressively harder, the loot and randomization were utterly superb.

All and all, I'm going to waste my life playing this game. I'm adoomgod on steam, feel free to add me, I'll help you min-max your character if you want. I enjoy all modes of difficulty.
  91. Sep 20, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period.After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period. Graphics are beautiful and the amount of things to do are just shocking for such a modest price-point. Not to mention all the great features from pets to multi-player to extra difficulties to lv 100!! I can pay my deepest respect by stating one key fact, "I will be playing this game for a great portion of my foreseeable future." Expand
  92. Sep 20, 2012
    Finally the Torch has come back!!!!Much better than imagination, every thing that diablo failed to deliver is here in torchlight.Great Game play ,Superior Graphics, Awesome music, Improved Skills, Massive Loot,Greater builds, Multiplier support, Moding and a long lasting game play what else did a PC gamer wants now.In my opinion Torchlight 2 Deserve an 11/10 for there extra ordinaryFinally the Torch has come back!!!!Much better than imagination, every thing that diablo failed to deliver is here in torchlight.Great Game play ,Superior Graphics, Awesome music, Improved Skills, Massive Loot,Greater builds, Multiplier support, Moding and a long lasting game play what else did a PC gamer wants now.In my opinion Torchlight 2 Deserve an 11/10 for there extra ordinary great work.the new King of Rpg has Arrive All hail Torchlight 2. Expand
  93. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing, simply amazing. The TRUE continuation of Diablo 2. The work of Runic Games has been amazing, improving in every way and as a result getting one of the best A-RPG of history.
  94. Sep 20, 2012
    Keep this short and simple. Game is quite fluid and for a game worth 20$ you would really feel that this game is worth more than the price. You would feel all the love the developers put into making this game. If you're out looking for a good time then this game is for you
  95. Sep 20, 2012
    Simply a great game, the randomization of chunks and areas, along with the various character builds make for great re-playability, and of course once the mod community gets in full force with the Dev tools we will truly have an expansive and unique in game experience
  96. Sep 20, 2012
    The most addictive game I've played in a long time! There is not doubt that the creators of Runic Games were once Blizzard North. This game is not a Diablo clone, it's going to be a legend by itself! And the music it's amazing!
  97. Sep 20, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL

With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quite amazing. Each class has its own set spells and unlike Torchlight 1, the classes don't share any skills. What does this mean for you? A plethora of customization options! You could opt to play an Engineer as a unstoppable tank, or a support with many bots and gadgets at your disposal, or a hammer wielding hero that destroys anything in its path. The choices and builds you can make are endless. On the top of my head, I can already think of FIVE, yes FIVE, different builds for the Engineer that are not only viable but fun as well and I'm sure there's other people who've thought of builds I haven't consider yet. What can you expect from each class? You can expect no less than five different ways to play. The world is very open and beautiful. It rotates from grass levels, to snow, to desert and all around beautiful combined with great musical pieces. Another aspect of the game that is fantastic is the fact that the boss fights are VERY FUN and ENGAGING. Co-op is simply fantastic. You can play with 5 of your friends or random people and crawl through the toughest dungeons, with each person using their class in a different way, this is bound to be fun for everyone. The loot is fantastic, there's so much of it its great and you get a feel of SATISFACTION each time you get a piece. There's also mods mods mods. Really there's so much great about this game.
  98. Sep 20, 2012
    Did you ever catch yourself in those nostalgic daydreaming about the days gone by, in which the games were judged by how fun and complex they were? Well, I am pleased to announce that Torchlight 2 is one of those games. Many call it "spiritual successor to Diablo series", "the thing that should have been Diablo 3" etc. ... I call it - a classic hack & slash action RPG, tailored to theDid you ever catch yourself in those nostalgic daydreaming about the days gone by, in which the games were judged by how fun and complex they were? Well, I am pleased to announce that Torchlight 2 is one of those games. Many call it "spiritual successor to Diablo series", "the thing that should have been Diablo 3" etc. ... I call it - a classic hack & slash action RPG, tailored to the needs of the gamers (not the needs of corporate publisher fatcats), with extremely appealing art style, graphics, and most magnificent orchestral soundtrack composed by none other than Matt Uelemen, the genius behind the Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks. The gameplay in this game is smooth, the audio and visuals simply flow even on older machines, and you can play the game in multiplayer, either online via matchmaker lobby or offline in LAN! Oh LAN, how we all dearly missed you :) ... anyway, you owe yourself to buy this game, because at the extraordinarily low price of 20$ I cannot imagine anyone being able not to afford it. P.S: The game must have some bad traits, but I cannot seem to find them from all the fun I'm currently having :D Expand
  99. Sep 20, 2012
    The perfect ARPG. This game delivers everything you'd want in an ARPG: extreme customization of skills and character, loot, loot and more loot. GETTING LOOT IS ACTUALLY SATISFYING AND REWARDING. The game is to put it simply - perfection.
  100. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is amazing 10/10. Been waiting a long time for it and it was well worth the wait. Best rpg since diablo 2, and since diablo3 was so awful this has really showed me that there is yet hope in the gaming industry. Great game, even greater price, can't go wrong. Music sounds like D2, Combat plays somewhat like d2, great skill system, classic items and drops....take it from a die hardThis game is amazing 10/10. Been waiting a long time for it and it was well worth the wait. Best rpg since diablo 2, and since diablo3 was so awful this has really showed me that there is yet hope in the gaming industry. Great game, even greater price, can't go wrong. Music sounds like D2, Combat plays somewhat like d2, great skill system, classic items and drops....take it from a die hard d2 fan. This game will not disappoint. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]