8.6

1. Sep 23, 2012
    Well, this is pretty much what I wanted Diablo 3 to be.
    Fun fast paced gameplay. Awesome loot system. Offline and online play. Interesting and versatile classes.
    Everything you could want from an ARPG can be found in TL2 and then some.

So, if Runic can deliver us this amazing game for 20$ why can't Blizzard make something remotely interesting for 60$?
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Excellent game, I played and adored torchlight but this. This is ~500% better than it's predecessor. Buying this game is a must (or torrent it but then buy). 10/10 without any doubt!
  3. Sep 20, 2012
    Wow, that's all I can say. This game just feels so right! From the art style to combat mechanics this game is 10/10. When it comes down to the $20 price point you can't go wrong with Torchlight 2!
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    Outstanding ARPG Dungeon Crawler. 20 Bucks is such a low price for the games worth. I would pay a full 60 for this. Having a blast. Def check this game out.
  5. Sep 30, 2012
    My Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, there is no other way to describe it. I don't understand how Blizzard took some 10 years to release a $60 game that failed so badly, while Runic took less than 3 years to release a $20 game that is universally loved. I feel sorry for all the people that were pulled into Diablo 3 by all the nostalgia only to find a real money pay to win auction house, and a constantly online DRM system designed to punish people that actually bought the game. Runic really likes their fans, and everything about Torchlight II shows that they really listen to them. Thank you Runic for showing the world how game companies are supposed to operate. Blizzard may have made more money by selling fake nostalgia, but Runic gained a lot more fans by selling a real product. Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2012
    It's just easy to say: That should have been in Diablo 3. All we loved in Diablo 2 is here in this game. Sure, graphics are more or less the same like in Torchlight 1, but who cares? Everybody, and i mean: Really everybody should be able to run this masterpiece. You don't need an hyper-pc to play, no. Runic made it playable for us all.

Just a quick summary: Runic aka ex Blizzard North:
    You did all right! Sorry, can't write more - have to do some quests & hunting for better loot. Expand
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    Remember the jump Assassin’s Creed made from 1 to 2? That’s what Torchlight 2 feels like. Runic Games knocked Torchlight 2 out of the park. It has phenomenal gameplay, and characters are more customizable than ever with 4 classes to choose from, each of which has a male and female variation. There are almost a dozen unique pets to choose from, and now play a much more important role than they did in Torchlight 1. The controls are easily customizable to your convenience and technical issues are incredibly scarce. The graphics engine is not demanding on the CPU or GPU, but still looks great. The introduction of the new game plus feature brings fantastic replay value to Torchlight 2. Add that to the mapworks feature, and you’ll have countless hours to spend after completing the game. In addition, the new co-op feature adds a fantastic multiplayer experience to the game. Players can’t by hoard or steal any loot with Torchlight 2’s great anti-cheating features. This is a fantastic investment of both your time and money. If you found Torchlight 1 fun at all, then Torchlight 2 will blow your mind. Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2012
    Lets get the obvious first, Torchlight II is the greatest action RPG of all time and maybe the best game ever made. Do not mind the Diablo fanboy reviews seen here on Metacritic, they cannot stand that 20$ game developed by few guys at Runic could deliver a masterpiece like Torchlight II. So, what exactly is so good in Torchlight 2, well the answer would be everything. The gameplay is perfect, the balance is perfect, the pace is perfect. The game simply is perfect. Expand
  9. Sep 22, 2012
    20 dollars for a game that will provide hundreds of hours of fun. Sounds like a good deal to me. They took everything that was great in D2 and Torchlight and added to it. If only D3 would have done this. Great job Runic! ignore other reviews saying "this game is too easy." I've been playing on ELITE with a berserker and it is very hard.
  10. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is why we love Runic.. (release day the servers were swamped and people flip out over nothing) It truly does Torchlight justice.. they took everything that was awesome and added the things all the fans asked for (coop/multi being one) making it what has to be the best game i purchased this year hands down. Runic shasres the love and not the greed for 20 bucks you simply cannot beat it.
    TY Runic.. and to any fans of Torchlight or even Fate.. if you have'nt purchased it yet your missing an award winning rpg that has nailed it.
  11. Sep 21, 2012
    A fabulous game made by (as said by Jay Wilson of Diablo3 / blizzard) a loser who made Diablo 1 and 2. Thanks you Runic games it's how a hack n slash must be. Not like that Big failure named Diablo 3. Hey Jay Wilson just phone Runic game for learning how to make a good hack n slash thanks.
  12. Sep 20, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is an excellent game, well worth your money and time. I really cannot say enough good things about this game. The user interface is very clean, easy to read, and aesthetically pleasing to me. The graphics aren't cutting edge, but are very tastefully done, with a lot of charm and character. Performance is great and the game runs very smooth on my modest desktop. There is a TON of loot, but not just any loot: GOOD loot; meaning that there is a good mixture of hefty decisions on what to use. The different weapon types all have their own feel to them. Everything feels "just right". Everything feels different and the "crunch" is there when killing monsters. The combat is perfect. I have never been more satisfied with combat. This game captures that perfect feeling you get when destroying things. It's awesome. The skill trees are much better done here than in the first Torchlight game, in my opinion. I haven't seen one skill shared between any of the 4 classes. There are plenty of skills to choose from when levelling up, and there are plenty of builds you can have in each class. It gives the player the freedom to have unconventional builds, and gives them plenty of tough choices without being overwhelming. Runic absolutely nailed it. Variety is handed out to the player like candy. There are a lot of different monster types, tons of new areas, both the overworld and dungeons, and a lot of armor and weapon models. The story is a little on the weak side, but the pacing is spot on. It picks up where the first Torchlight left off, and while weak, is more than adequate to give purpose on why you're making baddies go splat. You are not locked into the easier difficulty settings when starting a new character. If you want to start off on the hardest difficulty, you can. There is offline singleplayer, you can host or join internet games as well as lan games. I can honestly say that there is nothing about this game that irks me. It's the ARPG I feel most people have been waiting to get their hands on for what seems like an eternity. All of this at a price point that is unbelievable to me. I could go on and on. This game is an incredible value. Pick this up, you will not regret it one bit. Expand
  13. Sep 21, 2012
    Torchlight 2 sharpens the hack-and-slash genre to a fine point that sticks right in the greedy eyeball of Blizzard execs. A truly fun and addictive game. Good graphics, great soundtrack, original atmosphere -- once you get the game you'll only wish you had more time to play it. This game is on par in almost every respect with Diablo 3 and is 1/3 the cost. Vote with your wallets, folks.
  14. Sep 24, 2012
    This is an amazing game. It is astounding how talented the Runic Games team is. Even without Blizzards money they managed to create such a great game. I can not fault it in any way. I am not saying it is the perfect game, it's just so quite and solid as far as gameplay goes that you forget to look for flaws. I will be giving this game a 10 out of 10. It deserves it.
  15. Sep 20, 2012
    There isn't much to say here. Torchlight 2 is a true successor to the ARPG genre and warrants every piece of good criticism out there. The graphics are not in my taste but I'd rather spend hours upon hours playing this than some stripped down game that moves the ARPG backwards. Great job Runic Games I look forward to playing this title in the coming future.
  16. Sep 20, 2012
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    The real spiritual successor of the Diablo saga. If you can see through the cartoon graphics you can see a deep game with an amazing gameplay that includes everything that Diablo III should had. Maybe the main campaign can look a little short but in two weeks we'll have the TorchED, the Mod Tool that will work with the Steam Workshop, that will bring a long life
    to the game. Hail to the new ARPG King! Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    What a game. For $20 you cant go wrong. You will probably be playing this for months if not year. 4 different class you can experiment with. You get a choice of where to put your stat points. You get to play with up to 6 people.
  18. Sep 21, 2012
    This game really defines what I'd been waiting for in a ARPG since the days of (sorry, I have to say it) Diablo II. Great, detailed and rich world, awesome soundtrack and exquisite gameplay. Watching mobs explode as you attack is as satisfying as it can get. Even if the loot mechanics are a little overwhelming, this game is still, as of yet, the last bastion of PC Gaming's ARPGs.
  19. Oct 6, 2012
    This game is simply amazing. It is simple yet there is so much content to be had/explored. For the price point of $20 it doesn't get any better than this! These guys are ex-Diablo developers and it shows. If you played and didn't love TL1 dw, this game is head and shoulders above anything TL was! It is, imo, also way better and more fun than Diablo 3. It has a longer campaign, more variety of mobs, more loot, more bosses and at times harder challenges. It is surely less polygons than D3 and has less engaging story than D3 (imo D3 already has a very weak story line) but the art style really grows on you and start loving it. It is very varied and never boring. The prospect of new features added by both Runic and the community through modding is such an exciting one! I can't express how glad I am that I actually made that $20 purchase. Absolutely worth it, especially if you like Diablo style ARPG. It is the epitome of it! Expand
  20. Sep 22, 2012
    Really a fantastic game. It's funny, it's deep contrary to what some people say just to bash it, it's full or surprises, it's big, it's cheap in price but not in features.
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm personally not a big fan of cartoony graphics style, but with the great gameplay it is easily overlooked and highly recommended. Not to mention the value is much greater than $20! Well worth playing, all 4 classes are really fun thus far (I'm in the teens in level on all 4). Then I'm looking forward to the replayability in the future through the mods!
  22. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is awesome. Runic Games got it right,,,,the game is just plain fun to play. Unlike Diablo 3 this game is a joy to play and it's just so much fun. After playing Diablo 3 I was so let down. I didn't think Torchlight 2 was going to be this good, but it is.
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    The game torchlight 2 should of been. Fantastic on launch, great stable multiplayer. Extremely fun and entertaining. Enough variety to keep you going for hours. Launch price was a instabuy.
  24. Sep 20, 2012
    Wow Runic games have done it again with a wonderful masterpiece. I was stunned by how well everything was made and performed. Instant 10/10. The only people who give it a 0, 1, or 2 are people who obviously haven't played the game!
  25. Oct 4, 2012
    Okay, so I had a weird start with this game, and I'm just here to amend my original review, which was a measly six. Now, my original issue was that the controls felt sluggish, and I still stand by that claim, but after about 10 hours or so, you get used to them... or perhaps you roll a class that feels good to you. Well, now I've done that, I've found the sword and board Engineer, and I'm have a ridiculous amount of fun here. The game is awesome. Just fun, fun fun fun. I've given up D3 in favor of this game, sad to say. The guys at Runic really understand what makes a game like this tick. It's the loot, mostly. :P And building a character is actually REALLY fun. Stat points! YEAH! Expand
  26. Sep 21, 2012
    Easily my game of the year. I have waited 2 years for this, stalking the website for it to finally come out, and 10 hours in, it had not dissapointed me once. Theres TONS of content here for 20 dollars, all completely polished. On top of that, anything you don't like in the game, you can just change with mods. It's pretty close to the peak of the genre. If you are a fan of hack and slash dungeon crawlers, this is the best one since Diablo 2. Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is what Diablo 3 should have been. Loot system is 10 times better, it actually has randomized maps, and just plays a ton better than D3 ever could.
  28. Sep 21, 2012
    With all the new things added, this is a very worthy sequel to Torchlight and the true spiritual successor of Diablo. Nothing beats charging the Charge Bar, killing a Boss with it and swimming in its loot afterwards.
  29. Sep 25, 2012
    This game deserves every 10/10 ratings given! It fast paced, challenging, tonnes of loots, tonnes of side quests and many more things to be done in the game. It just keeps getting more and more interesting. And the best part is, its mod-able and has so many great potentials. The developers marketing the game at $20 had definitely under priced it.
  30. Sep 24, 2012
    Every single red review mentions D3 at least once and was obviously made by a D3 fanboy. Don't listen to them. One of them was even going to give the game a 7 but instead gave it a ZERO because of all the tens T2 was getting. WHA??? What kind of insane logic is that? T2 takes everything from T1 and makes it better. EVERYTHING! But why take my word for it? IT ONLY COSTS $20! Go buy it and find out for yourself. Anytime you find a $20 game that you would gladly pay $60 for, it's a good day. Expand
  31. Sep 20, 2012
    The flow is there and it is great, once you start playing you just keep on going and all the little tedious actions like selling junk etc. are reduced to a bare minimum.
  32. Sep 25, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Everything D3 wasn't, and more. I'm getting ready to start my New Game+ and I'm more excited than I was at the beginning of my first play-through.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said before! GET THIS GAME!
  33. Sep 21, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of hack and slash RPGs, but i played Titan Quest and Diablo III. Torchlight II is so good, addictive game. It will become classic game.
  34. Nov 7, 2012
    Fantastische game. Dit is zoals Diablo 3 had moeten zijn , sterker nog, dit is diablo 3 voor mij. Geen flauwekul voor online hoeven spelen of een auctionhouse element die de maandelijkse kosten van de servers hiervoor moet bekostigen. In dit spel zijn de sterke spelelementen van Diablo II in tact gelaten en de wat zwakkere elementen van deel 2 verbeterd. Klasse spel!!
  35. Oct 12, 2012
    What diablo 3 should have been. Local lan support, no stupid blizzard drm, reasonably prized, no cash auction house. 10 out of 10 and a huge jump in quality and polish from the prev one
  36. Sep 21, 2012
    This is the quality dungeon crawler I was expecting from a certain other company..... T2 doesn't deviate too far from the sucessful recipe of the first. The scope of the missions and environments are broader and has a bit more polish. Well worth 20 bucks. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bypassed the whole Blizzard mess and stuck with Runic exclusively. It's a win.
  37. Sep 20, 2012
    Diablo 3 wasn't Diablo 3. Torchlight 2 is Diablo 3, made by the original Diablo team. Diablo 3 was an experiment by a company who owned the IP and were cashing in on its name. Torchlight 2 is real game, and a damn good one. Even the original Diablo composer is back with his moody sombre soundtrack. One can only dream of what Runic would have accomplished if they owned their baby. As it is, we get Torchlight 2, and lemme tell ya. . . It rocks. Expand
  38. Sep 20, 2012
    I've played Torchlight II for 30 seconds, and it's the best game ever. I played Diablo III for 750 hours, and it's the worst game ever.

If we really want to make a stand and tell ActiBli$$ard and Jay Fatboy Wilson, "!@#$ that loser," we must be vigilant. Buy as many copies of Torchlight II as you can afford, and rate the game as high as you can on as many websites as humanly possible.
    Speak nothing good about Diablow III, and speak nothing bad about Torchlight II.

Together, we can take a humongous collective dump on ActiBli$$ard's chest by making sure Torchlight II outsells that crappy crapfest Diablow III by leaps and bounds.

ARE YOU WITH ME, PATRIOTS?
  39. Sep 21, 2012
    I've had more fun playing this game the last two hours than I have the 300+ hours I've put into Diablo III. This game just does about everything right that Diablo III did wrong/ruined. It was quite the joyful experience being able to allocate my skill points as I pleased when I leveled up. For the first time in a long time, I had a smile on my face when playing an action RPG as opposed to Diablo III which really feels more like work and a timesink and I only smiled during the cinematics. Best of all, at 20 bucks this game is an absolute steal! AND Runic has promised not to charge for content updates :) Expand
  40. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is hands down better than Auction House 3. Now you can play on any difficulty you like in a world that constantly changes in every playthrough. It's only 20 bucks and with content like this it's probably worth more. No more having to endlessly grind through the same 2-3 levels just to buy garbage items from an AH to slightly improve your stats. In other words this game is fun fun fun!
  41. Sep 23, 2012
    Simply awesome! For those of us who have played the original Torchlight, this game is everything we wanted in a sequel. More towns, expansive maps, tons of loot, fluid and gorgeous graphics .. what more do you want. I don't own Diablo III and I have no plays on purchasing it either. THIS is the game I've been waiting for and I'm glad Runic waited until the bugs were worked out before releasing this gem of a game. Well, I'm done with my review and am now getting ready for more Torchlight fun :) Expand
  42. Sep 21, 2012
    Phenomenal. Gamers have been waiting for a game exactly like this for faaaar too long. Where Diablo 3 poured water on all of our inner Action-RPG flame, Torchlight II sparked a fire that will spread like a forest fire and burn like the sun in the hearts of passionate Ex-Diablo gamers for many suns, and many moons. All hail Torchlight II and the heaven-sent guys (and gals) at Runic who created it. Fanboy-ism aside, truely this team knows how to create a magic even Blizzard is blind to these days. Diablo II may have finally, AT LAST ~ met it's maker... Expand
  43. Sep 21, 2012
    This is how sequels should be made, bigger, better, more fun to play, pay attention actizzard... The game is improved in EVER aspect that needed improving and beyond. The biggest and best things I have managed to spot so far: - no always on drm (see actizzard? it CAN be done) - LAN play! - multiplayer available - no rubberbanding, lag etc.! - no stuttering, performance issues etc. (learn from this actizzard)
    - nice looking graphics, improved from previous, a player gets a clear picture of the battlefield, i know what im attacking, no mess or confusion even in the midst of battle, unlike d3 where at certain point you would lose yourself,
    - pets! means no need to teleport back to the city to sell junk/get pots etc., unlike d3
    - 4 distinct, fun to play characters,
    - talents and stat point that YOU CAN distribute as you please, unlike in d3 where they take you for an idiot, thus you end up with a ton of cool, personal builds and approaches
    - true RANDOM maps, unlike in d3 where its just a PR BS
    - tons of loot that is actually usefull and an improvement, unlike d3 where they force you to buy from rmah
    - great music, very good sounds
    - excellent gameplay, fun to kill mobs, get loot, develop your character, quite fast leveling up make you enjoy they playthrouh
    - you can set the difficulty level from the beginning unlike d3 where i had to go through extremely easy normal, nightmare, hell to get to somewhere with challange only to go against OP mobs with ridiculous skills
    - cool mobs to fight, nice boss fights, oh and the game is actually challanging unlike d3...
    - no pony level for emo children
    - loot customization, gems, enchants, unidentified gear vendor etc.
    - short load times
    - everything work smooth, no glitches, well polished product
    - runic games delivers what was promised!
    - replay value!
    - low cost (20$ or even less) !!!
    - free soundtrack !
    - devs that listen to people
    - complex yet easily accessible game
    - noob friendly
    - hardcore mode that you can play offline, no more lag fails!!!
    - true Diablo 2 successor in the spiritual sense
    - 6 players online support
    - 3 skill trees for each character that 12 reason to go through the game at least !
    - Mod support ! which will make the game more lasting, - so much more i have missed...

To sum up, its an amazing game, absolute 10/10, the negative comments are from stupid people who fail at installing a game, setting up a normal working PC, or simply suffer from hardware compatibility issues which runic games cannot be responsible for.

INSTANT BUY for any arpg, h&s game fan :)
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    I'll try and get through this review without mentioning that other game... Torchlight 2 is almost perfect and the best game in the genre. 10/10. Buy it now.
  45. Sep 22, 2012
    Not only this game has more depth and content than Diablo 3 in every way possible, but it also has mod tools and you can play offline singleplayer...For only 20 euros. One of the best games this year
  46. Sep 22, 2012
    ive enojyed this game more in the first 30 minutes than i did Diablo 3 up to the skeleton King in the guest pass.

Pros :>Offline mode (no need to worry about if your net goes down, your safe) :>Character personalisation that has consequences , so the game is replayable multiple times, not just once and youve seen it all like Diablo 3. :> Lagg free :> character
    classes and loot are perfectly balanced :> PVP straight away,, no need to wait for a year :> Pets are so much fun and fishing is a great little side thing to do, now theres more pets :> 30+ hours just in 1 play through....that is awesome. Seriously there isnt many cons.

Diablo 3 is cartoony anyway. So for those that want more Diablo 2 gameplay , offline mode and consequences for your actions, get this. If you like everything on a plate for you and boring replayability and loot whoring only, get Diablo 3. But this game trumps Diablo 3 in so many ways just in gameplay standards and its innovative in good ways not accessible, user friendly ways.. People **** that its cartoony, Diablo 3 is ALSO cartoony. One of the reasons i was PISSED off with Diablo 3 is because it was cartoony. Hopefully Runic games decides to make the next adult ARPG and this time make it realistic graphics like Diablo 2 and make an Adult ARPG that wows us. So far i dont see any faults in this game.
  47. Sep 22, 2012
    + its runic, + theres a demo (and its a decent one), + interesting classes, + great loot, + pets, + replayability, + no drm, + $20!! (THANK you for NOT jumping on the stupid $60 bandwagon), + its on steam, + moddable!, + no internet required... - ummmm.... I had to stop playing to go to work. This game focuses on FUN, not soaking players. Blizzard could learn a lot from this game and Guild Wars 2, which are going to eat Blizzard's lunch. Expand
  48. Sep 20, 2012
    Something the industry doesn't pull off often is a cheap game with way a ridiculous amount of bang for it's buck. For most of the pitfalls of Diablo 3, this fixes it.
  49. LMW
    Sep 20, 2012
    Amazingly-solid gameplay, great soundtrack, warm graphics, diverse classes, LOTS of areas to explore and monsters to slay! And all that for just $20!
  50. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing, first of all I think it is much better then Diablo 3 for many reason, the main reason is because for the content it gives, the price is just a joke, only 20 dollars, (and less with the winter sales) comparing to the 60 dollars you need to pay for Diablo.

The game it self offers a lot of fun and gameplay time due to its length and enjoyful campaign which you can
    play with friends. each character has unique skills and accessories that makes them a lot different and valuable in combat against lots of bosses and tough enemies, normal difficulty itself is not that simple, imagine the harder ones...
    Graphics are quite good for the game and they suit it perfectly, no need of super DX11 with shadows and realistic lightinigs... this games provides everything you need without crashing your system.

The connection and login is simple, fast, no problems of any sort, I heard that blizzard had some issues in the past, and still has sometimes, this game is lag free and you can play without any sort of disconnection danger :D

In conclusion,
    If you liked diablo 3 or not, you should try this game definitely since it's cheap and excellent.

Good hunting :D
  51. Jan 27, 2013
    Diablo 3 done right. Very customization skill tree and equipment that actually make the game enjoyable. It is undoubtedly worth the low price it is going for.
  52. Sep 20, 2012
    I had a lot of fun playing this the whole night today, when it released at 7pm my time. The embermage is cool, the combat meaty and the loot just awesome. You also find a complete set pretty quick at the beginning, there is a starter set that you are supposed to have. I think thats kinda neat, more set parts do drop later, but at a much rarer rate. I do recommend that you play on Veteran or Elite though if you are a Hack and Slash Player. If you only want to enjoy a game without any difficulty, normal is your way to go. Expand
  53. Sep 23, 2012
    After finishing this game with embermage I can safely say this is definitely tthe best game in the genre at the moment. It may have taken a decade, but something has finally dethroned Diablo II (and who better than a team heavy on former Blizzard North employees). There is literally nothing bad to be said about this game. The music and artstyle are top-notch, gameplay is solid and the multiplayer has LAN. Expand
  54. Nov 2, 2012
    This game is amazing, is what all fans of diablo (yes i'm quoting diablo here cuz diablo3 was such a let down) been expecting. Is amazingly fun, and it actually has loot!! really polished and i really dig all about the game. There is so much to do and so much options to build your character that you'll never be bored.
    And for 20 bucks is a steal, and i'm sure there will be some steam sale
    around the corner soon. So no excuse to not buying it, if you are into rpg and you liked diablo 1 and 2 you definitely should get torchlight 2. Expand
  55. Sep 21, 2012
    Fast paced, builds, gear, hell my first item drop was an upgrade. Fast leveling, amazing run speed and skills. About a billion times more fun and entertaining than any other arpg. Start on veteran! Far more challenging
  56. Oct 2, 2012
    I have spent only a few hours in the game but I'm very familiar with Diablo 1 and 2 so I can compare. I had this game preordered (and got Torchlight 1 for free) after I played demo of Torchlight 1 on Steam.
    I read some articles about development of this game (the first one) and you can clearly see that this game has been created with passion and by gamers for gamers - and money came sort
    of accidentally with it.
    Diablo III is the true opposite - capture most of the market get the money and run far far away. If you know what "pump and dump" means you get the idea...
    I can recommend this game to anyone who liked pre-Diablo III games.
  57. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is wonderful and perfect in every single way, I am truly amazed by how much the things improved after the first part, the multiplayer is the real thing to add. I'd like to "resolve" a few rather stupid comments I saw in reviews, which are: The game is not easy, don't be a weakling and play the game at Veteran or even harder, then come tell people that it's too easy. Also, no, Diablo 3 is absolutely pure crap compared to this title, and the negative reviews it received was from hardcore Diablo/Diablo 2 fans, while the brainless hipsters keep upvoting an obvious failure of a game. You can't even play D3 offline, for christ sakes, don't come talking it's better than Torchlight.
    Uninstall Diablo 3, and buy and play a game that wasn't built and developed purely for ripping people off for more and more money.
  58. Aug 15, 2013
    I don't usually give out 10s, even amazing games with tons of playtime and play value get a 9. But Torchlight II is unbelievably fun. I've played through the entire game and started a New Game Plus and it's still fun! I played the original FATE game (and it's predecessors) a long time ago, and I loved them so much I was ecstatic to hear about a modern remake, and they did not disappoint in any area! In fact, even though I hold FATE as a classic and precious to me because of personal memories, Torchlight II may even be better. Expand
  59. Sep 21, 2012
    A true loveletter to gamers and fans everywhere. There are no words to describe what an amazing achievement runic has here. Immensely satisfying to play, insanely addictive due to a superb loot system, actual randomised worlds and baby buttocks smooth gameplay. This 20 bucks work of art is polished to a mirrorshine and is without a doubt the new norm for ARPGs all around. Truly doesn't fail to bring back the glorious feeling of yorn ! And you can even experience that in proper single-player or in a LAN, the way it should be. Blizzard, take note. Expand
  60. Sep 21, 2012
    At least it is better in every way from the original and even better than that of D3. Each class has various different paths it can go because the skills allow for various types of builds. ie. Dual Wield or 2 Handed weapons or fist weapons etc. even some skills are for specific magic elements to increase the damage of ice, lightning etc and to increase their effectiveness. The greatest part is how random each game is and how each play through will be different from the last. Making this the most valuable game in a long time. What's more is once the Torchlight 2 editor drops then there will be a ton more content to be had especially if it is anywhere close to the original. Graphics are very stylized but amazing and fun to watch. The animation is really good as well. This is by far one of the most addictive action RPGs in a long time, since D2 or even the first Torchlight. Expand
  61. Jul 16, 2013
    Got this in the steam sale for £3.74 I believe: Early days yet but it feels every bit as good as the first and better in most. The early enemies so far are a little easy but as I said, early days. Best way to describe this game is as an isometric steampunk Borderlands with random generated dungeons, pets (can't beat a cat with a rucksack on) and fishing, also like Borderlands you have classes, level-ups, random generated loot weapons and can benefit from a co-op with a buddie or 5 (still fun solo). It also follows that game's tradition of favouring a different art style (some may be put off by this) but if you can get over that it works for it. If it lasts 20hrs+ (apparently it's 30hrs when played properly) then it's well work the full asking price in my opinion, much fun to be had here. Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2012
    Torchlight 2, like its predecessor, is a Diablo 3 clone. There's no significant innovation from TL1 or D3 that makes this game stand out. You're probably wondering why TL2 has been getting glowing reviews. Well, it's quite simple, it's addicting. The game mechanic itself is addicting. It's as simple as that.

What TL2 does so well is it was able to address what the fans want. Runic took
    the customer-centric approach in designing this game and it paid off. LAN support, multiplayer support, a $20 price tag and a level editor collaboratively makes this game shine.

I gave this game a 10 not because of the graphics (pretty but not great) but because its addicting and I know I will be playing this game for months. than If you buy this game, I'm pretty sure most of you will also.
  63. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is just amazing. All I was hoping for D3 to be. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the very colorful and cartoonish graphics style. But at the end it's a wonderful world with much at least as much sense to details as D3. So only a matter of taste and not of quality.

So at least for me at the moment pretty much the most perfect arpg on the market. And if some
    shortcomings should rise in the the future, I'm sure the modding community will handle it :)

If you like PLAYING arpgs then consider to buy it. More than enough value for 20 bucks ....
  64. Sep 21, 2012
    This game makes efforts at improving a genre which was in a bit of a lull. Playing the beta really excited me because of the nostalgic feel of ARPGs and obvious features that made classic ARPGs a hit. Torchlight 2 did not stop at the beta like some of these reviews suggest. I doubt they have played the new release or the beta for that matter. This game is fun, engaging, and challenging. Equipment is almost a limitless toolbox of tweaks for your character, and skill building provides its own enjoyment with skill tiers and multiple skill trees. Choose your skills, choose your equipment, and basically equip anything you'd like provided you have the stats. How amazing is that? The multiplayer in beta was awesome, and once it is available on the official release I know the game will be a favorite with my friends and local LAN. Very few games give the features and availability to play on slower systems. Torchlight remains stylishly impressive as far as visuals are concerned while maintaining support for older and underpowered PCs. $20? Massive compatibility for smooth game-play? LAN? These options and the options I have listed with respect to character progression are all reasons I give this game perfect marks. Expand
  65. Sep 22, 2012
    I recommend this game for everyone, who like hack and slash. There are not so many similar games, and only few are made with such love and quality. Pure action, tons of loot, good randomizer, amazing soundtrack, four different classes with several different builds, co-op, new game +... for 20$! If you are still reading this, instead of buying TL2, then you have no conscience or you just don't like ARPG. Expand
  66. Sep 24, 2012
    The Good: Loot System - endlessly rewarding with no auction house to spoil the fun. You want godly gear in Torchlight II? you play the game, simple as that. - Enemy Diversity - so many unique types of enemies and its not just champions that have crazy abilities, some regular enemies have very nasty racial abilities - Price - $20 for a game that easily rivals if not defeats Diablo III as an aRPG. also the soundtrack is free, just google it. - MUSIC - composed by Matt Uelman, who did the music for Diablo 1 & 2, giving this game's music a much more Diablo feel then Diablo III itself. - Technical - The requirements for this game are very low and the game runs extremely smoothly all the time, I have yet to have a single crash or even a single frame lag. - Offline Mode - Self explanatory, no dealing with lag, no logging in if you don't want to, and you can go online at any point and even host LAN parties, i haven't much seen this option let alone used it since the days of Diablo 2. - MODS - again, self explanatory, any dev that endorses modding gets points in my book. The Bad: - Interface - the interface isn't terrible, its just not really that great either, just average. - Story - This is the only real down point in this game, the story is just not interesting on any level, that cliche ridden abomination full of long winded speeches and annoying cut scenes called a story in Diablo III is actually more interesting than the story in Torchlight II. However, torchlight's story is deigned in a way that you can totally and completely ignore it if you so choose and be just fine, which is exactly what I am doing. I'm in act 3 in torchlight II, lvl 50, around 18 hours play time, and I couldn't tell you the first thing about the story. TL;DR? buy it, its only $20, I haven't regretted a single second or a single penny I've spent on this game. Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2012
    Completely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( I haven't played Diablo 3 yet and I don't think I will either). Expand
  68. Sep 25, 2012
    It was kind of disappointing that I had to wait for a year to finally play this game, but it was totally worth pre-purchasing. I totally enjoyed it when it came out. Even though I couldn't play online at first, single player totally satisfied me. It is so much better than the first Torchlight game because Runic Games totally listened to critics about making this game coop and other features that others have requested. This game really feels complete. I totally love fast-paced games, and this game is totally fast-paced. The action fighting is where all the speed. Even like the cartoon-styled art. I know some people don't like it, but if the graphic style were to change completely versus the 1st game, then I don't think it would be worth calling it the 2nd Torchlight. I'm glad that Runic Games kept lots of originality in the art style. Buying this game for $20 is totally worth it. I held off from buying the "rival" game, Diablo 3, because it was too expensive for me... I did not hesitate to buy TL2 because of the great price it displayed. Thank you, Runic Games, for giving people many hours of endless fun. I'm almost at 1 whole day of playing this game and it's only been out for 5 days so far. So overall, I give this game a 10/10, because it feels so complete compared to the first game. Loot on! ;D Expand
  69. Sep 24, 2012
    This is exactly what Diablo III should have been. It's a hundred times better and anyone who says otherwise has obviously never played the game - twenty dollars, full modding support, offline play, a legitimate class system, and you actually get to choose your skills. That alone should be enough to buy this game.
  70. Sep 21, 2012
    The best game in 2012, it's amazing that this game is only 20$ and give me more happiness than Diablo 3. Sorry, I can't even compare with Diablo 3, its unfair, this game is more great in 1 hour than Diablo 3 in 60 hours. OMG, i cant wait to play this game today.
    The characters is great, the power and magic is great, the itens area great(sword, shotgun, pistol, etc)

I LOVE THIS GAME
  71. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is everything I want in a loot driven game. The only strike against it is it didn't launch on may 20th for when i got disgusted with Diablo 3.

I actually look forward to killing mobs in this game. Loot drops that actually can be used by my character. I don't spend more time grinding out gold to browse an auction house. I get to actually play a game, instead of an economy
    system.

And they managed to make a game this fantastic run smoothly on my laptop, which is pretty much garbage in 2012.
  72. Sep 20, 2012
    Great game, the classes are unique, the music is very good, sounding like the original Diablo music. The combat has some cool things about it too, for instance there are hand cannons and shot guns that actually do ranged AoE damage, and if you're dual wielding you have a chance to strike with both weapons at once. It's a must buy for any fan of Diablo, and it's a bargain at only $20. It has multiplayer, lan or internet, more modding capabilities, a lot of pets to choose from. Expand
  73. Sep 20, 2012
    Finally, a true successor to Diablo 2! Torchlight II is amazing, and the customizeability, depth, music, and addictiveness of the game all stay true to Diablo 2. If you were ever bored, dissapointed, or frustrated with Diablo 3, then this game is for you.

Diablo 3 ended up being a hollow shell of what the series could have been because it was ruined by a new developer team. Torchlight
    II is created by many of the same head developers that worked on Diablo 1 and 2. Expand
  74. Sep 20, 2012
    ARPG perfection. This game is amazing. Play it! It's $20! Everything about this game is fantastic: graphics, music, gameplay, and story is pretty tight so far. This might be my favorite game of all-time.
  75. Sep 20, 2012
    This game was definitely well worth the wait. And its only $20! So much content packed into this extremely polished ARPG. Choose from four unique classes each with 3 distinct skill trees. Enjoy fast paced action and rewarding loot collection. And most importantly, play online, over lan or offline single player! Fantastic game.
  76. Nov 11, 2012
    Fantastic....improved over Torchlight as Diablo 2 improved over Diablo...an energetic ride that has serious game of the year cred. Let's hope the third game doesn't fail as miserably as Diablo 3.
  77. Sep 21, 2012
    Just awesome. I do not know how to express my satisfaction. It was first time in a LONG time that when i play a game my eyebrows go SO HIGH! I was surprised in a good way and every part so far is just fantastic.
  78. Sep 21, 2012
    Awesome awesome game from Runic. Everything that D3 could have been but never was. I would have given it 9.5 out of 10, because no game is perfect. But I can't give halves on Metacritic and TL2 doesn't deserve only 9/10 so I had to give it 10/10.

There were some launch issues, but those were resolved within 24 hours by the dedicated team from Runic Games! Even with the launch issues I
    was still able to play single-player and LAN perfectly.

The guys from Runic Games deserve all the support they can get. They are just the nicest people you will ever find developing games! They listen to what their customers say, and actually play the game and change it until it is fun!

The result is a 10/10 TL2, and the best thing is you can get it for only $20.
  79. Oct 5, 2012
    10/10 Amazing game. Feels like diablo 2. Everything is perfect
    DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL Worth much more than 20$. I cant believe I wasted 60$ on diablo 3!!!!
  80. Sep 20, 2012
    It does everything perfectly.
    It feels like Diablo I / Diablo II
    Blood, blood everywhere!
    Buy it - you won't regret!
    Multiplayer+Lan support. No **** online DRM and Real money auction house. You can switch seamlessly between single and multiplayer mode to play with friends, share loots.
  81. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing game ! Runic well done ! you guys show a ARPG game should be look like, no more DRM or RMAH crap, just simply play and fun.
    I think I will buy 2 more TL2 for my wife and daughter :D
  82. Sep 21, 2012
    Loot that you can actually use. Offline mode. Writing that isn't so bad its painful and you wonder how the writer kept his job. Fun bosses. Replay value. A great price. Doesn't butcher the universe made by previous entries. It just washes the bad taste of that other game right out of your mouth.
  83. Sep 24, 2012
    $20 game that plays like a $60 game. It is a great game even if you already have D3. Personally I like the Diablo 2 style skill trees with only minor respecing allowed. But i can see how some will dislike it. But if that is your only issue with the game I would overlook it and try it. Also I am greatly looking forward to the mods which there should be plenty with such a large player base.
  84. Jan 20, 2014
    If you like games of this genre then IT IS A MUST to at least try it out, very addicting and fun to play.
    I've been playing it for quite a while and i just keep returning to it to try out other classes cause the abilities and spells are pretty cool, the ember mage seems most fun cause of the variety of offensive spells.

The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient
    to get it working if you're using steam but overall the game deserves 10/10 since i'm more of a solo player. Expand
  85. Sep 25, 2012
    Much better than Diablo 3 this game is awesome i love every single monster kia in battle...LOVE LOVE LOVE this game you wont waste your money...DIABLO 3 ARE DEAD...RIP BLIZZARD AND ACTIVISION
  86. Sep 26, 2012
    Honnestly my best experience of gaming was with Diablo 2. I play like 2 years and i had awesome feelings. I waited a long time Diablo 3 and i played more than 350 Hours. It s a cool game but you know there is lot of troubles that everyone already knows. This game Torchlight is the next game i waited after Diablo 2 a strong substitute with good quality of gameplay. I play in Hc Elite and it s pretty tough. Not impossible but good challenge with my friend. I like trees skills , loots system and everything they did. Musics remember be Diablo 2 and the price of the game is really cool. I was confident about Runic skills and now i m sure they re really good . I wait double fine for a confirmation XD Expand
  87. Sep 20, 2012
    The best action RPG since Diablo 2! Made by the original developers of Diablo. This game is fantastic. Great loot tables, skill trees, attribute points, customization, fantastic music, and best of all.....OFFLINE MODE. Runic knows how to make good games and how to listen to its fan base. Torchlight 2 is obviously made by gamers who love gaming. Buy it, play it, love it.
  88. Oct 22, 2012
    Finally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complain definitely is the cartoonish graphic , but know this, this is call ''Torchlight style''! Are u going to tell me that all the game have cartoonish graphic is sucks ? Reasonable? Expand
  89. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received some tweaks, character stats available through the character screen are more clear and much more exposed. Each class has MANY more unique skills at its disposal, and most skills scale well with gear stats or bonuses so you don't have the many "dud" skills of the first game. :) Torchlight 2 is a cleaner, visibly more refined, bigger and badder Torchlight and is what the original game deserved to be. Runic hit the nail square on the head with this one. Expand
  90. Sep 20, 2012
    Wow Awsome game, went in skeptical and have thus far been blown away i immediatly got the feeling that i have so long wanted from Diablo 3 ........guys this is the real deal, will be playing for years to come great job runic.

Buy this game people it wont disapoint.
  91. Sep 25, 2012
    Thank you Runic Games, I knew you will make a flawless game :) For all the haters that rated this game a 0 on the release day, shame on you! Come here and give bad ratings after you actually play the game.
  92. Sep 24, 2012
    I honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see in another RPG.Do not listen to the people boycotting this game and saying it's bad and it doesn't offer a challenge because they are obviously great big liars who couldn't have seen anything relevant in the game since it's release.They are making up half of the bad observations on it just because they are butt-hurt over people saying it's better then diablo 3 which in my opinion is not far fetched at all.The music and scenery in the game is beautiful as expected and the boss fights are amazing too.I urge the diablo 3 and blizzard fan(atic)s to please leave this game alone and mind your own business.We don't go on diablo 3's score and unfairly rate it without having even played it,buy the game and actually play it please and then come here and rate it honestly if you want to appear credible because honestly so far I haven't seen to many honest bad reviews. Expand
  93. Sep 23, 2012
    Incredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and it clearly shows in their work here. Expand
  94. Sep 20, 2012
    Buy this game now. I am constantly being blown away by this game at ever turn. To this review off I simply must talk about the character classes and items. I have played with each class and they are each unique and fun in their own way. The skill tier system and the skills themselves are fun. One embermage passive allows you to randomly call down meteors, spawn vortexes, acid rain, firestorms, and confusion ALL WITH ONE SKILL. The item system is great and allows you to truly customize your characters. Unique items do unique things I recently found a ring that summons a floating skull that zaps enemies around me. The pet system is fantastic and keep you in the action by going back to town to sell your gear. Pets can also learn spells so mine currently summons skeletons and heals me while shooting fireballs. There are several pets to chose from and each can be transformed using fish into new monsters with new abilities.

The overworld is MASSIVE, filled with tons of surprises at each turn. Random dungeons are huge and have their own bosses (boss fights are hectic and a ton of fun). The art style is unique and the dynamic day/night and weather system really add to the atmosphere. It is also important to note that the game is fully moddable so expect tons of community created content.

To put it simply Runic games has created the best ARPG on the market and it doesn't even come close. You owe it to yourself to spend the $20 and enjoy the hours and hours of fun this game will provide for you and your friends (the game supports up to 6 players in one game online) the game also has an offline mode so you can play without internet.

Once again: BUY THIS GAME NOW
  95. Sep 21, 2012
    Uninstall D3, this is the game you want to play. Incredible features, intuitive, awesome loot drops that are usable at the level you ARE instead of 20 levels below (which makes you feel powerful). The music score is awesome and atmospheric. This game is about the player, and having fun, and is not burdened by a childishly simple, boring, and depressing storyline that kills everything likable (like D3; I got to level 39 and just couldn't play anymore because the story is so bad I just couldn't bear to go through it all again). Blizzard makes you use their AH and designed the game around the AH instead of the player. The only point that Blizzard surpassed T2 is in the graphics (I also prefer the darker tone). I amazed that the developers got this so right, when Blizzard fumbled SO bad, in 1/6 the development time (2 years vs 12). Blizzard should hire these guys back to make the XP for D3. Expand
  96. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely stunning! Beautiful graphics, amazing monsters, F****** awesome loot...did you hear me? AWESOME LOOT!

Looking back I now wish I would have bought the package of more than one game! Definitely worth every penny!
  97. Sep 20, 2012
    Props for Runic Games for giving us this awesome game. A true ARPG (Action Role Playing Game) and not an Auction RPG. You won't regret buying this game because for $20 it's a steal. You will get more content than what you paid for and not to mention this game's replay value. Nowadays where $60 is the norm for pc games, this one truly delivers especially for gamers who are in tight budget and just want to purchase a "bang for the buck" game. This is it guys! This is Torchlight 2! Enjoy! Expand
  98. Sep 21, 2012
    One of the games you can't really comment on ... Why? Everything about Torchlight II is great, so no need to name things. With modding and coop added, it will be fun for years to come. And I mean real fun, not the mindless utterly boring paradoxical linear grind like in D3.
  99. Sep 25, 2012
    Visuals: TL2 doesn't focus much on visual appeal. This is a sword, this is a gun, these are monsters. It has an almost cartoony look to it but the gear still looks badass enough so that it doesn't get annoying. As far as the skills are concerned i think they both are tied. They have different styles but TL2 is more pleasing to the eye. It isn't bright to the point that it is annoying but enough so you can clearly tell what everything is and the action doesn't blur your vision to the point that everything kind of melts together. (as it feels like it does sometimes in D3). As far as physics are concerned Diablo 3 definately wins. Crumbling stone, Monster gibs are very satisfying, and the environments almost falling apart in some areas really adds immersion to the gameplay. The models in TL2 look like they had a little more love put into them. The swords aren't flat and dont look paper thin, And the wide variety of ranged weapons for mostly one class really impressed me.
    Monsters: The monsters in diablo felt generic, uninteresting, and just plain bland most of the time. Mostly borrowing from the previous games and adding a few from other games it really didn't bring any surprises. Even the bosses felt kind of boring with the butcher being the generic bad guy from about 10-20 different video games including previous diablo games. The champions in TL2 have been greatly improved from the first one but after playing d3 for so long they felt like pushovers. While some people may have been disappointed with how simplistic the champion design is i was actually thankful i didnt have to spend 30mins-1hour fighting one champion because my gear wasn't godly at the time. I was also thankful there were no invuln minions, reflect damage, mortars, desc, or the ice bombs. Because it meant i didnt have to hop around the map trying to sneak a shot in time from time while trying not to get killed in 1-2 hits. Overall TL2's champions were slightly not challenging enough (i played on veteran) and D3 was too unforgiving. Gear: Here is where TL2 truly shines. Gear is plentiful, and gear of all rarities are useful with uniques being rare enough and with good enough affixes that it would immediately replace the rare gear you had before without making you feel like you NEEDED it. It took me 3 uniques until i got one that i could actually use so i stuck the others in my shared stash for alts and didn't find myself disappointed that i didn't get more. The rare and uncommon drops had good enough affixes, and all useful for my class so i didn't mind not getting godly gear. In diablo 3 had i gotten gear with strength or intelligence (focus in tl2) i would have been pissed and vendored that !@#$, but in TL2 some strength or focus is actually useful for my mostly Dexterity class. They balanced the skills so that every class can benefit from bonuses in each of the 4 stats. And if you dont like certain affixes on your gear you can pay some gold and get them removed via enchanter, and also add in more enchantments depending on how good the enchanter is. This allows for great customization in gear and makes almost every rare or higher drop worth keeping. In diablo 3 getting gear feels like cycling through garbage for hours or even days to find 1 hidden diamond.
    I've seen people complain about TL2 interface but honestly i found it to be much simpler and easier to understand than D3. It has no hidden modifiers, any additional information you want to know can be found in your arcane statistics (J). Plus you can load your pet up with any loot you dont want and he will go to town and sell it for you so you can spend more time actually playing the game.
    Basically if you love to grind and spend hours upon hours praying to find something godly, or even worth putting on the AH; then play D3. If you like to play ARPGs and kill monsters, get lots of loot, and have a ton of fun; then play TL2
  100. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing game. This is how Diablo 3 should have been. Torchlight II trash Diablo 3 down to the stone age. This is what happen when gamers and talented devs make an ARPG instead of Wall-street(Activision-Blizzard)

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]