Torchlight II PC

8.6

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1904 Ratings

1. Feb 25, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement since the first one (though the first was pretty cool too!), Runic Games fixed the things that were annoying in the original. For example, they have diversified the scenery and your hero travels to different locations instead of digging the same mine in the first game. Also there are a lot of fun things to do besides the main quests: you can search forThis game is a huge improvement since the first one (though the first was pretty cool too!), Runic Games fixed the things that were annoying in the original. For example, they have diversified the scenery and your hero travels to different locations instead of digging the same mine in the first game. Also there are a lot of fun things to do besides the main quests: you can search for secrets, kill unique champion monsters or scan the maps for side quests. But of course the main step forward is adding multiplayer COOP. Awesome! Comparing to D3: YES, T2 is better! It's just more fun to play, more addictive. The only thing in which D3 is better is storyline/cinematics, it's just more epic and dramatic. Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    This is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited toThis is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited to only the three most current traits selected. Once you go down a path, you are kind of stuck with it. There are workarounds for this issue, but I havent tried any of those yet. This really limits players options for testing new strategies and trait combos along with new gear. I dont understand the logic of this design choice at all. Other than that its a great game at a great price. Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2013
    Bueno, primera review que hago, le doy 8 puntos a este juego no solo porque me encantan gran parte de los juegos Hack n' Slash, los gráficos son muy buenos, el estilo de juego es muy simple, el loot esta bien organizado. Lo malo es que varias veces no se entiende al momento de pelar contra muchísimos enemigos a la vez, esta bien agregar una alta cantidad de monstruos a la vez, pero resultaBueno, primera review que hago, le doy 8 puntos a este juego no solo porque me encantan gran parte de los juegos Hack n' Slash, los gráficos son muy buenos, el estilo de juego es muy simple, el loot esta bien organizado. Lo malo es que varias veces no se entiende al momento de pelar contra muchísimos enemigos a la vez, esta bien agregar una alta cantidad de monstruos a la vez, pero resulta odioso que no entiendas nada cunado peleas. La historia no es muy buena que digamos, y el muy poco voice acting que hay en el juego es muy horrible, pero dentro de todo es muy divertido, el multiplayer para mi esta bastante bueno y esta bien que el loot sea separado, asi no se realizan ninguna pelea entre los miembros del grupo. Es muy barato y se los recomiendo, si a ustedes les gusto Torchlight 1, les va a encantar Torchlight 2. Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    For the Diablo fans disappointed by the changes made to the most recent game in the series, Torchlight II will make them feel right at home. Runic Games has basically taken the gameplay and story from Diablo II and set it in the world of Torchlight. However, this is also the game’s Achilles Heel as it might feel a bit too similar to some.
  5. Jun 25, 2013
    This genre of game has always failed to excite me, until Torchlight 2. The gameplay, whilst simple, is always addictive and random loot generation makes every enemy worth killing. The multiplayer is even more fun, especially with each player getting their own loot (Borderlands 2, take note). and the online mode is easy to operate. The pet system is also really clever, saving you trips backThis genre of game has always failed to excite me, until Torchlight 2. The gameplay, whilst simple, is always addictive and random loot generation makes every enemy worth killing. The multiplayer is even more fun, especially with each player getting their own loot (Borderlands 2, take note). and the online mode is easy to operate. The pet system is also really clever, saving you trips back to sell your stuff. Though the story isn't very interesting and inventory management is a chore, this game does have some very cool class customization and skill tree upgrades. Whether you already enjoy Diablo-like mechanics or not, Torchlight 2 is worth your time. Expand
  6. Jul 1, 2013
    I wasn't very fond of the first Torchlight game, mainly because I kinda never grew up with Diablo games (I was too young when Diablo came and I couldn't understand how RPG worked), but as a game itself it was pretty fun...for about 10 hours. Infact the first game lacked a bit of variation and I just couldn't help myself to continue. TL2 however improves everything from the first, and II wasn't very fond of the first Torchlight game, mainly because I kinda never grew up with Diablo games (I was too young when Diablo came and I couldn't understand how RPG worked), but as a game itself it was pretty fun...for about 10 hours. Infact the first game lacked a bit of variation and I just couldn't help myself to continue. TL2 however improves everything from the first, and I will sum it up in 2 BIG points.

1)When I bought this game, I was impressed by how it was open and how big it became: we have 4 classes now and each have their own skill set and they do feel unique, even though we lost some "unique" feature from the previous game (the destroyer was big, the alchemist was slim, and the ranger was a pretty gorgeous woman). That aside, the game is BIG although it still lacked variation and while I do play it more than the previous game, I still get bored pretty quickly (and the story is kinda non existant). We also get the online play but I really hardly tried it and there's not many people online, and if they are they're usually higher level than me, which meant I was a a pain for them. Still a good thing however.
    Definitely a good rpg to play anyway I didn't dislike it at all...until...

2)...the day the mods came. NOW the fun really began! While we kinda lost the possibility to play online (we still can, but it requires that you have the exact addons that the host has), the game is so much amplified and varied now: modders always give us new classes (I just restarted with one), new features (dungeons, customizations, pets), new icons and HUDs, and many other things that actually makes you wanna try out for good. The only downside is that you can only put 10 mods at the time (probably for the online feature), but right now the mods makes this game much more varied and enjoyable to try out.

In other words, it was a good game before but now it's even better and I can't wait to see more mods to come; add the fact that is still a huge game (even bigger now!), and the price is pretty cheap too, you can easily spend a ton of hours only experimenting stuff and mods (even though it still suffers from being repetitive and some skills tend to be pretty useless). This is a very solid game and a great sequel to the original Torchlight: if you like Diablo style game (it's the closest genre I can recall), give it a try and enjoy the exploration.
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is the sequel of Torchlight and is much better, because it has a coop mode, is better designed and is more fun! It looks good, it has the Steam workshop and an editor. You will have a long time fun with it!
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    This game is very well made and better than the original in all respects, but it’s only fun up to a point. The story is basically non-existent (like most games in this genre) so once the loot collecting & pointing and clicking get tedious, you’ll struggle for a reason to continue. The graphics at least stay fresh and give every area its own identity, but even though you feel like you’reThis game is very well made and better than the original in all respects, but it’s only fun up to a point. The story is basically non-existent (like most games in this genre) so once the loot collecting & pointing and clicking get tedious, you’ll struggle for a reason to continue. The graphics at least stay fresh and give every area its own identity, but even though you feel like you’re exploring different places, you’re always doing the exact same thing in those places, which is clicking to kill monsters. A whole lot of monsters. Over & over again.

One huge plus is the devs opening the game up to the Steam Workshop. That has allowed people to make some incredible mods that add depth and fun to the game not included with the original version. That combined with the low price move this one up from a 7 to an 8 for me.

I might force myself to sit through a couple more hours of clicking so I can click all the way through to the end, just to say I did, but I’ll certainly never go back and start a new game over. If these types of games are your cup of tea, though, you’ll like it a lot and should pick it up.
  9. Oct 20, 2013
    It has tons of loot. It has great classes with great skill trees, making this game have many different ways to play in, resulting in a high replay value.

It has 4 different difficulty levels. And if you finish the game, you get access to the mapworks, where you can buy new maps and finish them. You can also access the New Game+, where you start the entire game all over again, but with keeping all your acquired stats and items. That's a really cool feature.

The environments are varied between deserts, forests, underground mines. The dungeons are impressive, with exciting boss fights as well. Visually, the game's good enough, although the graphics were not very detailed.

Perhaps the only thing that kept this game from being amazing was the plot. It didn't really engage me in any ways. Same thing for the characters.
  10. Jan 25, 2014
    After doing Torchlight 2, it feels like an ok game with all the content, but I don't feel like completing the storyline again and to me, that's not a good thing. Sure it has replaying value but not enough for my taste. Though I sure as hell enjoyed the side quests, level design and gameplay. My experience is, however, shaded by the fact that I played with normal difficulty, which isAfter doing Torchlight 2, it feels like an ok game with all the content, but I don't feel like completing the storyline again and to me, that's not a good thing. Sure it has replaying value but not enough for my taste. Though I sure as hell enjoyed the side quests, level design and gameplay. My experience is, however, shaded by the fact that I played with normal difficulty, which is disappointingly easy. I recommend blasting this game with Veteran or Elite difficulty. Recommending to those, who enjoy to loot, loot and loot. Expand
  11. Mar 29, 2014
    Kill, loot, sell, kill, loot, sell, give points for level and attributes. Repeat 100x

A pretty hard game when you want to deal with it ion elite hardcore. In total 4 classes that are pretty good balanced. Awsome new graphic (since Diablo 2). Perfect just to sit down, connect to a friends server and click till your fingers will burn. Starting at the moment my third character (engi,

Starting at the moment my third character (engi, bersi done) and I still don't get the point what happens in the story, but I seriously don't care. When you like games like Diablo just try it and you will gonna love it.

8+/10
  12. Apr 25, 2014
    Nice game. I like the fast paced gameplay. Super interesting characters and spells. Nice soundtrack and overall game atmosphere............. thoroughly impressed
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very good rpg with bright epic colors and satisfying spells, beautiful cartoon style graphics that never age and some of the Best character classes i have played. Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the open community.

Worth $50
  14. Jan 1, 2015
    The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that.The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that. Not here.

Of course, this isn't the sort of RPG that draws you in with an amazing story, it's dungeon crawling, click and kill and that's fine. TLII never pretends to be anything else. It's driven by its mechanics and they're flawless. Excellent game.
  15. Mar 21, 2015
    In short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with orIn short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with or stuff like that. Expand
  16. Jun 1, 2015
    I played it alone and it was fine didn't know what to do after a certain point so I didn't play much after that. Then I decided to go on the online part and everyone ended up being **** So I haven't played it in a while because I don't know what to do after you breast the main part of the game and got tired of childish ****
  17. Oct 6, 2015
    Really dove into Torchlight 2 while waiting for a content patch in Diablo 3 and Im not disappointed. A fun adventure dungeon crawler-esq game with a different art style. The Classes are limited to only four choices but there is much room to expand in those classes to make a character different from another. ( Also plenty of Mods that add classes etc etc ). Story wasn't grasping andReally dove into Torchlight 2 while waiting for a content patch in Diablo 3 and Im not disappointed. A fun adventure dungeon crawler-esq game with a different art style. The Classes are limited to only four choices but there is much room to expand in those classes to make a character different from another. ( Also plenty of Mods that add classes etc etc ). Story wasn't grasping and intriguing as I enjoy but I was able to overlook that and have a enjoyable time playing the game. They also have additional content for when you complete the main story to have the player keep playing. Pets were a nice touch. The surprising amount of joy I received when a panda was a option for a pet....
    Nothing really to comment about the Visual or Audio aspect, other then to note that the music in the Act 3 camp is the same music from a zone in Diablo 3. Coincidence? Who Knows.
  18. Mar 22, 2016
    Desperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. TheDesperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. The extras and secrets are rewarding and fun to go after and the boss fights are sometimes challenging. The map layouts and higher difficulty play can get a bit repetitive, but it never really gets in the way of the enjoyment factor. There are also mods available that make the adventure more interesting and co-op play is fun as well. Expand
  19. Oct 27, 2016
    I play this game very likely, its great diablo experience as we know it from D2 with smart advantages of Torchlight, you can make your build with full impressions of Diablo 2 tradition
  20. Dec 4, 2016
    ¡AMAZING GAME! I have spent many hours gaming this game and is a amazing adventure! Characters, world, look and feel, BSO, bosses... me score is a 9! :D
  21. Sep 20, 2012
    The game itself is very fun, but I feel it's been adopted by a community of people that had no real intentions on a rounded out online experience. The game allows you to transition freely between single character and multiplayer, which is a complete disaster for a legitimate economy, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed the Diablo series so much. If you took this game and addedThe game itself is very fun, but I feel it's been adopted by a community of people that had no real intentions on a rounded out online experience. The game allows you to transition freely between single character and multiplayer, which is a complete disaster for a legitimate economy, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed the Diablo series so much. If you took this game and added closed/unhackable/unmoddable servers then it would be the game for me. It's just not and I have to be honest in saying I'm disappointed. I still like the closed realm design and removing that removed what I really wanted in this game. Has nothing to do with NOT BEING LIKE DIABLO, it's what I expect from ARPG games period. A legitimate online server system. It's not much to ask in 2012. Expand
  22. Sep 22, 2012
    The game is great, but it's not excellent. Definitely a refreshing experience, after the trainwreck that was Diablo 3. The combat is fun, the itemization is interesting, the classes are neat. Overall it's a good game, incredible music too. There are just a wide range of small complaints I have, which by themselves are only minor-annoyances, but when put together it can be a real damper onThe game is great, but it's not excellent. Definitely a refreshing experience, after the trainwreck that was Diablo 3. The combat is fun, the itemization is interesting, the classes are neat. Overall it's a good game, incredible music too. There are just a wide range of small complaints I have, which by themselves are only minor-annoyances, but when put together it can be a real damper on your experience. The biggest issue is that the hitboxes for monsters and items are way too big; when you try to move, you often end up attacking instead and it can cause a lot of accidental deaths. Attacking up/down cliffs is also awkward, and you never know what's gonna block your shots. The game engine feels poorly designed. Other than that, the game is loads of fun. No DRM, great game for LAN parties and online alike. Expand
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    Diablo 3 and TL2 are very different games and I find myself playing both of them. TL2 is single player that will not have a community driven economy (officially said on forums by devs). I find this to be the single biggest reason I don't see myself playing TL2 nearly as long as Diablo. On the other hand I find myself more involved and engrossed in my character, instead of having genericDiablo 3 and TL2 are very different games and I find myself playing both of them. TL2 is single player that will not have a community driven economy (officially said on forums by devs). I find this to be the single biggest reason I don't see myself playing TL2 nearly as long as Diablo. On the other hand I find myself more involved and engrossed in my character, instead of having generic similar builds I can build my character how I want and also have the choice of a few hair/facial options not a prebuilt character. D3 isn't > TL2, TL2 isn't > D3...they are different and both fun in their own way. TL2 is definitely worth the 20 bucks it costs Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2012
    I really can't find much wrong with this game but it just doesn't draw me in. I like the art style but just feel like all I'm doing is mindlessly clicking.
  25. Oct 22, 2012
    I am really not sure why it is getting so many great reviews, the game play is nothing special the loot is all ok but not great. Sure this is an above average game but it is no 9 or 10.

If you never played the first Torchlight then try this one, if you have played the first one I think you might be in for a let down. On the plus side it is cheap :)
  26. Oct 26, 2012
    This game is very similar to Diablo 2, but more fast paced - different style of graphics and takes place in a different world. Multiplayer is expanded but there are a lot of connectivity issues in games, especially for parties 4 and more. Skill and stat point mapping is the exact similar to D2 but it's a lot easier to get unique items and thus makes it more fun to play. Shared stashThis game is very similar to Diablo 2, but more fast paced - different style of graphics and takes place in a different world. Multiplayer is expanded but there are a lot of connectivity issues in games, especially for parties 4 and more. Skill and stat point mapping is the exact similar to D2 but it's a lot easier to get unique items and thus makes it more fun to play. Shared stash between your characters ensures that every item you find is useful and encourages you to play all 4 classes. The game's 'veteran' difficulty should really be the 'normal', and the 'elite' would be very hard. Anything under veteran is much too easy. Scaling of difficulty is a bit extreme. There are some issues with the balance of skills and classes as well. Not every build is feasible to use in elite. The story is non existent, as should be expected (it's really not that type of game.) It's a game where you mindlessly kill things and get loot and to try out different builds using stat/skill allocations. For 20 bucks the game is fair and not too expensive to play. You'll probably get bored of it after finishing the game story for 4 classes, regardless of difficulty - unless you are looking to beat the game on elite for all 4 classes. Just an FYI, outlander and embermage are extremely overpowered when compared to engineer and berserker based on the current patch. Buy it if you want to kill some time with a relatively fun (but short lived game). Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    This is a fun distraction and graphics are decent. It is essentially Diablo without all the nonesense that plagued D3 but lacks any real story and there are few to no rewarding cut scenes. Despite being a click fest and item management game it is addictive and fun. The soundtrack is almost identical to D2 and so it definitely brings out a pang of nostalgia. Its easy to lose time in theThis is a fun distraction and graphics are decent. It is essentially Diablo without all the nonesense that plagued D3 but lacks any real story and there are few to no rewarding cut scenes. Despite being a click fest and item management game it is addictive and fun. The soundtrack is almost identical to D2 and so it definitely brings out a pang of nostalgia. Its easy to lose time in the game though and as a diversion from more serious games that require attention and skill it is a perfect relaxation game. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2012
    A customizable Diablo with cartoony graphics, not so great story line (if theres any), voice overs are really bad but the game is fun and definitely worth the price.
  29. Nov 23, 2012
    I liked the first one though after finishing the game once on hard I didn't really felt like playing anymore. Here I don't wanna play anymore after 10 hours... Maybe should've chosen another character... everything seems to be fine but nothing pulls me to this, it is not even a little bit addictive. I only played the first act of Diablo 3 and had much more fun with just that. So, overallyI liked the first one though after finishing the game once on hard I didn't really felt like playing anymore. Here I don't wanna play anymore after 10 hours... Maybe should've chosen another character... everything seems to be fine but nothing pulls me to this, it is not even a little bit addictive. I only played the first act of Diablo 3 and had much more fun with just that. So, overally a disapointment. Expand
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    I am trying the Torchlight II demo to do a comparison with Diablo 3, I will likely buy the full version of T2 when I get paid later this week.

Summary: Diablo 3 has better aesthetics, sound and gameplay, however, Blizzard has ruined what should be a 9.5-10/10 rated game by the very poor loot system, extremely poor loot drop-rate and always online DRM for single player (all as a result of their money-grab real-money-auction house from which they take a 15% cut from) so that it is a 5-6/10 (poor-mediocre) rating instead.
    Alternatively, Torchlight 2 feels really dated, but it has none of the BS that has completely ruined Diablo 3 and that makes T2 a better game, I'll give it a 7/10 (decent but not excellent). I recommend you try the T2 demo before you buy it, it will give you a good idea if this is the game for you or not.

Details:

Pros: + $20US (fair price)
    + has a free demo you can try to see if you like the game before buying it
    + single player is played offline
    + customization of the look of your character is possible
    + loot is interesting and fun, rare items are good, upgrades drop often
    + mods allowed
    + no BS from the company running the game (with prior experience developing both Diablo 1 and 2, they know how to treat an ARPG and its player base)
    + non-linear questing, pick up quests and do then in order of your choosing
    + cut-scenes are good, cool stylized anime
    + being able to send your pet to sell your junk/buy potions is much better than needing to break the adventuring to port back to town everytime your bag is full
    + you can custom zoom from far to close on your toon with the mouse scroll wheel, nice way to see your toon's gear close up
    + start your char at whichever difficulty you want casual, normal to hard (5 difficulties if I remember right, might be 4)

Cons:

- your character looks kind of lame (very cartoonish but in a bad way, kinda like WoW Vanilla but even lamer/older looking)
    - looting, killing and combat sound effects sound lame (compared to D3)
    - annoyingly, boxes behind loot name text often hide you and the baddies you are trying to fight
    - voice acting is minimal and lame, most info given through text
    - story telling is minimal and meh
    - audio for cut-scenes stutters/hiccups every 2 seconds (at least on my PC, (don't have problem with D3, SKyrim, etc.))
    - this game feels really dated like a game from the late 90s
    - classes (4 choices) are kind of dull, 1 mage-like one, 1 berserker, I can't even remember what the other two were they were so uninteresting...

Neutral/Undecided:

. assign your own stats when you level (more control than D3 but more to think about and adds possiblility to break your character)
    . skills are permanent (you can only undo the last 3 choices for a price in town, not all. Adds risk and worry for the causal player, but true to older ARPG roots)
  31. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great little action game, I like its graphics style, the sound score, the atmosphere and such. However, the graphical fidelity isn't amazing, the gameplay is more of the same (which isn't bad, but not amazing either, imo), the story I didn't pay attention to in the slightest, something with someone, kill it etc. I usually pay attention to the story in games, but here I justThis is a great little action game, I like its graphics style, the sound score, the atmosphere and such. However, the graphical fidelity isn't amazing, the gameplay is more of the same (which isn't bad, but not amazing either, imo), the story I didn't pay attention to in the slightest, something with someone, kill it etc. I usually pay attention to the story in games, but here I just couldn't be bothered. I didn't really see or experience any bugs, so it, to me, is quite a polished game, which adds to the fun, by being less frustrating than the competition.

All in all its a very acceptable game, but I can't bring myself to play it more than I have, however, for the money it cost, and the amount of hours I got out of it, it is a damn good deal. If you like action games, get it. 7/10
  32. Jun 5, 2013
    This is a tough one as I'm comparing it to the first game as well. Torchlight II without mods is much more open than the original, but the scrolls that would take you to random dungeons have been removed. This is one of the main things I liked about the original game, and they have been added back with mods, but they shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

The modding in this

The modding in this game is fantastic, even better than the original game.

Do not get this review wrong, I will play this game to death and then some. The game does have some issues though. It utterly lacks end game playing without mods and that is something I enjoy immensely in a game.
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    A lot of progress and improvements have been made since the first Torchlight. This game is very large with detailed maps and dungeons. The level design is not repetitive at all from start to finish. I love how the internet coop works as well.

The only bad thing is, after you have finished the game, you feel kind of full of it and anything beyond that is just a grind fest. Nothing new (except extra dungeons), no pvp, just creep carnage and better items. Same suffering as with the Diablo 3.

Conclusion: If you are looking for 15-20 hours of fun aRPG gameplay, go for it.
  34. Aug 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a very nice game, not expensive at all, and very fun to play. Unfortunately, it is not polished, and small things amount to such an extent that it becomes really hard to enjoy the game.
    For example, there is a solid delay between your attack and movement actions; so when you are in the middle of a fight, hitting that mouse button to kick some monster buts, and suddenly your health drops to the point where you want to run you start clicking away, but your hero will continue to swing his hammer for a couple of times, until he reacts. By that time, of course, he will be dead. You have two alternative weapons configurations: so you may equip a shield and a sword as one, and a bow as the other configuration. If you equip two two-handed weapons in both configuration slots, one weapon defaults to right hand, the other to left. Now when you open up your Archaic Stats (where you can see all of your Hero's details, such as damage), not only need you to switch both configurations, you also need to switch the hands, in essence destroying all sense in comparison. Basically, you cannot compare both configurations' damage easily. Which brings us yet to another silly design blooper: when you point to an item, the statistic insert jumps out at you, and if it's let's say a weapon, two more stat inserts will jump our (for weapons in both your hands), effective covering ALL of your screen. Now, i could NOT (no matter how i tried) compare my ring's protection properties with the Actual Hero's Stats of Elemental protection. Unacceptable. Then, there are the graphics i like the overall design and atmosphere, but the textures are just washed out dyes. I did not feel personal with the Hero no matter how the equipped armor changed her looks. The weapons are actually terribly designed a cannon is a cylinder, and a sword is a stick. And Rare or Uniques do not differ from normal or enchanted sets. Major turn off. I was also playing on difficult setting, and could not amount any money whatsoever (the most i have possessed was around 30k), simply because as in the beginning of the game, or at level 40 you will set good items, really good sets or rares for around 100-200 gold pieces. What?! The skill tree is weird you cannot re-stat your points (actually, you can buy back only 3 latest points spent), and earlier skills do not contribute to later ones. So, does that mean that we should wait until Level 40 when the last skill opens up in a specific skill set tree to use it?! Come on... Things like that are all over the game; thankfully, Torchlight II is modable, and many people are making it better and better every day, with mods and improvements. Overall OK.
  35. Jun 8, 2014
    a good single player.
    but heavily bugged on the coop side.
    and it was abandoned too soon after launch.

with a few patches it might reach a 9. but, at the moment, it's a just a cheap, sufficiently good single player arpg.

what a pity
  36. Jun 1, 2014
    I haven't played an ARPG in awhile and wanted to ease back into the genre. I wasn't disappointed at all. This is a fun fast paced game with a cartoon art style. You will get your moneys worth with at least 30 hours of content to explore if all side quests are played out. The only gripe I have is that when played on normal you get over powered quickly. So at the end of the game I justI haven't played an ARPG in awhile and wanted to ease back into the genre. I wasn't disappointed at all. This is a fun fast paced game with a cartoon art style. You will get your moneys worth with at least 30 hours of content to explore if all side quests are played out. The only gripe I have is that when played on normal you get over powered quickly. So at the end of the game I just breezed through the last boss. Play on hard. Expand
  37. May 24, 2015
    Compared to boring Torchlight 1, the second game is a blast.

Compared to boring Torchlight 1, the second game is a blast.

It's a really fleshed out hack'n'slash game that offers everything one could want from a such game. I think it's the first h'n's game since Diablo 2 I really enjoyed and finished more than once. Even the art direction of this series, which I dislike very much, wasn't enought to pull me off from playing it hour after hour, trying new characters and builds.
  38. Nov 23, 2015
    The second installment of the Torchlight series, Torchlight II, is definitely an enjoying Japanese-style fantasy strategy role-playing game that any RPG gamer will love.
  39. Sep 22, 2012
    The game builds on nothing. If you loved Diablo 2 (Diablo 2 not Diablo 3), then you'll love this game. Its not innovative, it offers nothing new to the ARPG genre. The skill system is very small and robust. Its more spam skills to win, rather then having interesting Attack/Defensive/passive combos that make your character amazing. It really turned out to be boring. Do not recommend unlessThe game builds on nothing. If you loved Diablo 2 (Diablo 2 not Diablo 3), then you'll love this game. Its not innovative, it offers nothing new to the ARPG genre. The skill system is very small and robust. Its more spam skills to win, rather then having interesting Attack/Defensive/passive combos that make your character amazing. It really turned out to be boring. Do not recommend unless you are not satisfied with Diablo 3, its no better. Expand
  40. Sep 25, 2012
    Too many references to other games, it really ruins the atmosphere for me personally. The game play is pretty good, but the game play for this genre has been perfected for well over a decade at this point. It's an alright game for the price, but don't expect any replayability.
  41. Sep 26, 2012
    Would i have not know PATH OF EXILE, torchlight 2 would have been fun. But i play the damn POE beta and so torchlight give me a taste of more of the same, starless. It is an ok game, it doesn t have the flaws D3 have (not difficult) but it ain t innovative, it ain t creative, it brings nothing interesting. Its a well executed bland game. But unfortunately uninteresting to me now,Would i have not know PATH OF EXILE, torchlight 2 would have been fun. But i play the damn POE beta and so torchlight give me a taste of more of the same, starless. It is an ok game, it doesn t have the flaws D3 have (not difficult) but it ain t innovative, it ain t creative, it brings nothing interesting. Its a well executed bland game. But unfortunately uninteresting to me now, character development is...boring dull narrow. If i had to resume ...TL2 is starless it not flawed but its doesn t shine, i will play it from time to time until i know the end story but just that. Expand
  42. Oct 3, 2012
    I wish i could rate this game higher, but the game has some problems i just cant get around. But first, the good: The music is wounderfull, it has a very Diablo 2 feel and i absolutely love it. The price is awesome and i hope the tactic works in their favour. The amount of freedom in how you build and play your character is splendid, im not locked in the same way as you were in Diablo 3.I wish i could rate this game higher, but the game has some problems i just cant get around. But first, the good: The music is wounderfull, it has a very Diablo 2 feel and i absolutely love it. The price is awesome and i hope the tactic works in their favour. The amount of freedom in how you build and play your character is splendid, im not locked in the same way as you were in Diablo 3. And its a pretty lenghty game with multiplayer for added enjoyment and longlivity. And now for the bad: My biggest problem with this game, and what stops me from enjoying myself is the iOS game feeling i get from it. The controlls feels clunky and unresponsive, as i hit enemies my attacks have no "impact" no "ompf!" it just feels like im flailing around in nothingness and yet stuff is dying. There is problems with the accurateness of the mousepointer also, more then often i find myself accidently picking up stuff i do not want or struggeling with clicking on something that i want to use thanks to the pointer not acctually beeing where it tells me it is. I do not know if this is a problem with just my system, ive tried mixing around with mouse settings in setpoint and disabled my other monitors if the game had some problems with my eyefinity setup but still, the problem persists. The graphics, althou very nice, mixed with the clunkyness of the menues adds to the feeling that i am playing a game ported from an iPad to a PC, which is not the case. All in all this is a good game that would have been a great game if it was not for the iOS-game feeling i get from it. Expand
  43. Oct 4, 2012
    This game has everything needed to make it amazing, but for some reason it doesn't quite flow. It's like there are a dozen or so niggling errors that just become more glaring over time. The on-screen font for damage information doesn't quite fit the rest of the art style. The classes seem interesting but then seem easily to get stuck in certain attack styles which are much mroe powerfulThis game has everything needed to make it amazing, but for some reason it doesn't quite flow. It's like there are a dozen or so niggling errors that just become more glaring over time. The on-screen font for damage information doesn't quite fit the rest of the art style. The classes seem interesting but then seem easily to get stuck in certain attack styles which are much mroe powerful than others. The maps are great, but just a little too big. The levelling is fast and frequent, but then you start to think it's too much, you don't get to explore abilities properly before you're already moving on. In torchlight 1 I was at level 20 about halfway through the game. In this I got to level 25 after completing just two big maps and their side quests. Somehow the humour that characterised the first game has been lost too. In T2 you have a complicated and grand-sounding save-the-world quest, which in the context of an ARPG just seems excessive to me. Compare that to T1 which was able to laugh at itself with quests described for example as, and I quote, "Bla bla bla LEVEL 21 la la la GRUNTHANK THE DESTROYER". That shows a confident game that knows its strengths: you don't care about the quest, you want to kill the monsters. T2 is fun and worth buying, especially given its reasonable price, but Runic have not managed to recreate the absolute perfection that was T1. BTW I have never played any of the diablo games, I'm comparing T2 only to the amazing fun I had with T1. Expand
  44. Nov 20, 2012
    This is generally a good game, and if you liked the first version you'll definitely enjoy this one too. It does some things to improve on the first version, especially the diverse variety of locations (whereas in the first torchlight you just kept going deeper and deeper down in the same mine forever). The gameplay is basically the same as the first version, some minor improvements, butThis is generally a good game, and if you liked the first version you'll definitely enjoy this one too. It does some things to improve on the first version, especially the diverse variety of locations (whereas in the first torchlight you just kept going deeper and deeper down in the same mine forever). The gameplay is basically the same as the first version, some minor improvements, but essentially the same kinda feel to it. My two main criticisms with it are 1) the repetitive nature of the gameplay, there is little to no variety in the actual gameplay (kill monsters, collect loot, upgrade gear, sell inventory, repeat cycle thousands of times) and 2) the relative shallow nature of the actual storyline and character development, which makes for something that just isn't immersive enough for my taste.
    Overall, it's a relatively enjoyable romp for short spurts of time here and there (after an hour or so I tend to get bored with it, turn it off, then several days later turn it on for another hour or so), but nothing that I can really sink my teeth into with much succulence. If you loved the first one, you'll love this one even more. If you had mixed feelings about the first one, you'll probably have mixed feelings about this one too. If you have never played the first one, go buy this one and see if you like it- best case scenario you'll love it, worse case scenario you'll still think it worthy of it's low price tag.
  45. Nov 20, 2012
    This game have really bad graphics which is partly repaired with pretty good gameplay and some new things added in genre. The game is good but nothing to remember or play long time. But compared to D3 it's much better in gameplay even when graphics sucks badly.
  46. Nov 29, 2012
    i liked the first act aka the first part of the game a lot! but it gets repetitive! i rly liked that you don't have to go back to town with a portal to sell your stuff you can just send your pet and it can also buy stuff from the town for you but it would be nice to be able to just quickly press 1 button to give send all the normal items that are worse than your equipped items in every wayi liked the first act aka the first part of the game a lot! but it gets repetitive! i rly liked that you don't have to go back to town with a portal to sell your stuff you can just send your pet and it can also buy stuff from the town for you but it would be nice to be able to just quickly press 1 button to give send all the normal items that are worse than your equipped items in every way but that's just a minor complaint. i do find it strange that the pet can buy things for you that you can't buy form the town tough... i loved the combat first but not after long you constantly have to use potions witch const money to keep you alive. it's like the game is built around you constantly using hp potions in battle since they heal you over 8 sec and have a 0 sec cool down. that reminds me, most all of the abilities have no cool down time! that makes no sense! that means that there is no reason to learn new abilities rather than upgrading the once that you already know, except for the few ones that have like 2 sec stun or something like that but when i have those do little to no damage i don't see any big reason to use those in stead of my most powerful ability.
    some of the bosses have to much health compared the there damage. when i have killed all they're minions all i have to do is spam my attacks on him and use potions until he dies for like 40 sec! that's no fun! and my main character is an engineer and but i feel more like a tank! with a class called engineer he should have to rely at least 50% on his robots but there are only like 4 robots he can summon! a healer (that's actually pretty useful), a mini-fighter that's pretty useless and you can only use once per 3 min so i usually forget about him and than there is also mine robots and a big robot witch i haven't bought yet. but there are like 50+ skills you can buy and of those 50+ only 4 are actual robots! all the other are just magic, positive or fighting! why isn't this class called tank or warrior? that reminds me there are only 4 classes! there should be at least 6 or 8. there is just a mage, a gunner a fighter and a warrior (called engineer). i do rly enjoy this game but when there is no reason to buy new skills rather than upgrading the once you have it will get repetitive. they should put at least a 2-10 sec cool down on 98% of the skills and make them cost a bit more mana, add more classes and make the pet go to town faster and it would make a great torchlight 3. but this game has to many flaws so i can't give it more than a 6.
  47. Dec 9, 2012
    I felt that TL2 had potential but the lack of detail, story, interesting dialogues, things you can interact and mana restrictions just make it an average game. Enemies are not very interesting, there no is lore/backstory to them and it feels like a hack n slash with a really cut down core. What I did enjoy was the open style of the game and how I didn't feel very restricted. Playing withI felt that TL2 had potential but the lack of detail, story, interesting dialogues, things you can interact and mana restrictions just make it an average game. Enemies are not very interesting, there no is lore/backstory to them and it feels like a hack n slash with a really cut down core. What I did enjoy was the open style of the game and how I didn't feel very restricted. Playing with others was always fun, you're character would always be useful and you would always access some kind of support/team skills. The sounds and visuals are great and the stat mechanics are good. The big problem is that this game just doesn't provide large content outside of repetition, the whole hack n slash aspect isn't even particularly good and the game doesn't really leave you with memories. There are uniques for specific classes and if you're playing alone, all you'll do is recycle them because equipment which is valuable doesn't sell for anything and enchantments can result in a potentially great equip being mediocre unless you have tons of money. A lack of lore and dialogues seriously hampers this game and I felt they could of provided more. Each skill has a use and no skill is bad but using several skills decimates your mana and kind of ruins the fun, but wait, there are also abilites which are non-class specific which rape your mana even harder. And the hitboxes are just so frustrating at times, nearly everything which isn't small has hitboxes which are too big and it is almost impossible to target a specific target in a group of enemies. Overall, it's a decent game but falls well short of being a good RPG/hack n slash combo because of the huge flaws. Fact is, I'd rather be playing Path of Exile because it's way more fun and provides the same type of content. Expand
  48. Dec 13, 2012
    Way better than the original. Multiplayer has some issues and will require mods to fix... The devs probably think not receiving loot/exp/fame because you were dead when your friend killed a boss is a good idea. The loot system is also annoying, with everyone having their own drops client side which expands on the previous issue; you pretty much have to stick together as an aoe spamfestWay better than the original. Multiplayer has some issues and will require mods to fix... The devs probably think not receiving loot/exp/fame because you were dead when your friend killed a boss is a good idea. The loot system is also annoying, with everyone having their own drops client side which expands on the previous issue; you pretty much have to stick together as an aoe spamfest swarm in MP to play effectively. Barring the MP issues this is a fantastic and stable game. $20 for a 20 hour campaign between multiple continents and cities is well worth it, even without any friends to play with. Expand
  49. Feb 23, 2013
    Felt a lot like Diablo III, except the UI and character building feels very clumsy. Some great concepts and ideas, but I felt they weren't very polished.
  50. Apr 22, 2013
    It might be me, since I've not seen a game I'd call great in this genre for quite some time. T2 in my opinion fails in the same way the first one did. It's way too easy for the most part and it gets unbearably dull after five or so hours. I didn't finish it, I just decided to get off the treadmill after falling asleep a few times. Also, I've found performance lacking (even in singleIt might be me, since I've not seen a game I'd call great in this genre for quite some time. T2 in my opinion fails in the same way the first one did. It's way too easy for the most part and it gets unbearably dull after five or so hours. I didn't finish it, I just decided to get off the treadmill after falling asleep a few times. Also, I've found performance lacking (even in single player), which is hard to pardon given the visuals. Expand
  51. Apr 28, 2013
    Irrespective of my opinion of torchlight 2. First of all let me congratulate the developers for having offline and LAN play, i wish AAA publishers would still treat us with respect.

Now, why this game wasn't for me is because of the story. What story? You are right, there isn't any! And being a guy that likes story along with the gameplay aspect of the game, i was not very immersed in it.
    This game does so much right! But without a decent story and a narrative to drive it forward, i couldn't get into it (i played it single player though). And that pains me.

However if you are a person who plays with his/her friends in a co-op setting. You'll have definitely more fun that i did. Or if u don't care about this story.
    Like i said before this game does so much right an awesome class system, leveling up system (although it happened far less then i required it to happen :P), pets and there roles, unique art style and the combat system.
    All let down by the game's storyline.
    This is my honest opinion about the game. But if you are someone who doesn't care about a story and just wants to focus on the combat and leveling up his/her character then ignore this review and buy the game...seriously
  52. Jun 24, 2013
    This game got hyped only because of failure of Diablo 3. This game is worse than Diablo 2 and Titan Quest. What is funny this game got even worse graphics than Titan Quest and TQ was released at 2006!!! Trust me if D3 did not failed nobody would rate this game 10 or even 9.
  53. Jun 24, 2013
    I don't understand the overwhelmingly high scores for this game, because Torchlight II feels to me like the pinnacle of mediocrity. Really I can only bring myself to play it after having played Diablo 3 to death; over 300 hours for D3 and only 20 for T2.

My main problem with T2 is that it copies ideas from every other RPG and has almost no originality--or at least no good, original ideas. I swear several of the music tracks sound like they were ripped right out of Diablo 2. I've been playing an embermage and the skills, while pretty original, are hit or miss in the fun department; but it does have some limited respecing, which is appreciated. The loot is kind of difficult to figure out the mechanics of as you're never quite sure what effect some of the modifiers will have, albeit it's not as bad as Dungeon Siege III in this aspect. Same thing for spell properties and damage. You're given a DPS rating for the weapons in your hand but no average spell damage. And the most mystifying thing of all is the character attributes. As a mage, your damage is increased by both Focus, Strength, and Dexterity--it boggles the mind! Aside from that, the story--as others have pointed out--is complete trash, I just skip right over it.

As far as good things, there isn't much to point out. But it does have support for mods, which is nice, but it's nowhere near Skyrim mod levels. I'm wracking my head trying to think of more good things about this game, but it's just so... average.
  54. Dec 7, 2013
    if you like dungeon crawlers and grinder rpg games, this one is definitely for you.
    you are being thrown into open world killing thousands of thousands of enemies leveling up finding new better gear, the usual stuff of arpgs.

i like the idia of the pet that helps you in combat and it can also return to town and sell junk you dont need for money, its a great way to eliminate backtracking

a thing i didnt like is how unbalanced the classes are. some classes have way to overpowered spells when some others have really underpowered spells.
    also im suffering framerate drop every ten seconds that i cant explain overall its impress me as an unoptimized game, witch its an exclusive to pc. 6/10
  55. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    The new king of ARPGs. But there is one major flaw with ARPGs and that is gameplay - it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive fast - kill this, kill that!
  56. Oct 5, 2017
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  57. Sep 22, 2012
    TL2 is a good game. No doubt about it - but it's not really as good as all the people portrait it..I bought it after enjoying the first one, and after all the user-generated hype. I'm kinda disappointed with the game. As I said - it's good, but it feels like it's lacking substance. I sat down to play it after everybody telling me how it's gonna "CRUSH DIABLO 3 OMGOMGOMG" aaand it didn't.TL2 is a good game. No doubt about it - but it's not really as good as all the people portrait it..I bought it after enjoying the first one, and after all the user-generated hype. I'm kinda disappointed with the game. As I said - it's good, but it feels like it's lacking substance. I sat down to play it after everybody telling me how it's gonna "CRUSH DIABLO 3 OMGOMGOMG" aaand it didn't. D3 really has a epic feeling to it, you can feel the work and money put in making of it, while TL2 still has this cheap, indie feel (not saying thats a bad thing - I love me some indie games). The plot is forgettable, the characters lack any relevance whatsoever - it's just a background for killing hundreds and hundreds of monsters. This is all just fine, but not in a game that was supposed to be the new big thing in ARPGs. It's a fun, casual indie game but it gets nowhere near D3. Expand
  58. Sep 23, 2012
    Giving this a middle-of-the-road review because there's a lot to like about the game, but in an ARPG, there is nothing more important than the feel of the action, and I found TL2 a great disappointment in this area.

The art direction is delightful, really charming, with stylized 3D models that reminded me of Warcraft 3. I know some people deride this as "cartoonish" but I like all art styles if they're executed well, and TL2 is executed very well indeed.

The game mechanics don't hesitate to throw choices at you quite quickly: stat points, skill points, lots of different stats on gear, socketing right from the start, different ways to meet prereqs for gear, set and unique items dropping early on, etc. It's a game that is not ashamed of the fact that it treats its audience like ARPG veterans, and I respect it for that fact.

But the action.. the clicky-clicky on enemies and making them explode. I just didn't enjoy it. It's hard to explain why. I felt a step removed from the action, like I was telling my character what to do the way I'd tell an RTS unit what to do, rather than physically controlling them. And there was no visceral feeling to the combat, no impact, no physicality - an area where the bar has been raised enormously by Diablo 3.

Anyway, a mixed review, a lot to like, but an inescapable problem that I can't deal with. There's a demo available so I'd recommend anyone who has ever enjoyed an ARPG check it out. If you enjoy the demo, you should definitely buy the game, because if you don't like it for the same reasons I didn't, you'll know it pretty quickly.
  59. Sep 27, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, I certainly sympathize much more with the likable indie TL2 than with the obnoxious and unrewarding D3 but truth be told - I spent 100 hours with D3. With TL2, I couldn't get through the first five. I just couldn't find any reason, any motivation to play on. The story and characters are just nonexistent. Sure, a good ARPG doesn't have to be a Witcher-type masterpieceDon't get me wrong, I certainly sympathize much more with the likable indie TL2 than with the obnoxious and unrewarding D3 but truth be told - I spent 100 hours with D3. With TL2, I couldn't get through the first five. I just couldn't find any reason, any motivation to play on. The story and characters are just nonexistent. Sure, a good ARPG doesn't have to be a Witcher-type masterpiece of a videogame novel. But TL2 takes the ordinariness and simplicity of the story and characters to the absolute extreme. Diablo 2 had a simple story and characters but they were interesting and fun. In Diablo 3 the story and characters are dumb and trite but well crafted...like a Disney movie. With TL2 I felt like playing some kind of Atari game from the 80s or something. Moreover I just for the life of me couldn't stand the infantile WoW-ish art style. I just couldn't stop feeling like I'm playing my 6 years old niece's game. Sure, most games nowadays are childish to some degree but TL2's art style is just too much. I read some guys from Runic saying they chose it to stand out, to be different - well I'm sure you can be different without looking completely silly. But I really loved the way this game just oozed with enthusiasm and gusto, the core gameplay mechanics was fantastic and puts stupid D3 in shame. Unlike with D3 you won't be spending weeks on empty, frustrating farming, collecting nothing but dull and boring garbage. In TL2 the loot is plentiful (maybe a bit too much), interesting and fun. The character development system is not something to be excited witless about but it gets the job done quite nicely. And most importantly - all the monsters die spectacularly and violently, bursting and exploding with satisfying meaty effects. Despite all that I can't give this game better than five stars. Unlike with most other modern games it's a great triumph of substance over style. But the end result is the same - overall averageness. Expand
  60. Dec 29, 2012
    Over-hyped over-rated over-scored in metacritic. This game is nothing more than a generic, boring 'action rpg' with TERRIBLE childish graphics and a really STUPID story. It looks and plays like a BAD kiddy-version of Diabolo 2. Indeed the visual art style would have been considered pretty terrible on a Nintendo 64 Mario Cart game back in 1999. I can only conclude that the many 10/10 scoresOver-hyped over-rated over-scored in metacritic. This game is nothing more than a generic, boring 'action rpg' with TERRIBLE childish graphics and a really STUPID story. It looks and plays like a BAD kiddy-version of Diabolo 2. Indeed the visual art style would have been considered pretty terrible on a Nintendo 64 Mario Cart game back in 1999. I can only conclude that the many 10/10 scores in here were written by Diabolo fans, venting against Diabolo 3. Yet they wrote their reviews without buying of playing this game. For all the many things Diabolo 3 got wrong it is a clearly superior, clearly superior game, to this POS which looks like it was designed for kindergarteners. One can also conclude, that sadly, a large proportion of the metacritic user population live in a fantasy realm and feel it is legitimate to hold and exercise strong opinions about games they haven't actually played. Gentlemen, you are WIERD. Expand
  61. Oct 6, 2012
    I bought this game for the multilayer, couldn't get passed the "strict nat" issue after following the recommendations on their website. So didn't really get to play the game. For anyone wanting to buy this and play it with friends, keep in mind that you may be in for an uphill battle.

I really wanted to love this game after the disappointment of a "certain other game" where the multiplayer was so easy to use you often had people in your game whether you wanted them there or not.

Gave it a 5 because you can't argue with the release price.
  62. Oct 10, 2012
    Most of the enjoyment that comes from a ARPG is related to the community, TL2 does not have it, it's players are just Diablo 3 haters who are not interested in playing TL2, if you enter the foruns around the internet you will see no one talking about the game, discussing build, stats distributions or trading items, i played this game for 32 hours and see no point to keep playing it anymore.
  63. Jan 11, 2013
    I love the first Torchlight and played it though numerous times. Despite alot of things being better in TL2, something it missing. The game is just plain old boring. The skills are mindless with zero depth. You'll be using the same 2-3 abilities from lvl 1 right to the end of the game. Gear seams to matter little apart from better stats. I was able to finish this game once... barelyI love the first Torchlight and played it though numerous times. Despite alot of things being better in TL2, something it missing. The game is just plain old boring. The skills are mindless with zero depth. You'll be using the same 2-3 abilities from lvl 1 right to the end of the game. Gear seams to matter little apart from better stats. I was able to finish this game once... barely (not from difficulty but from tedium) and haven't touched it since. Its really too bad, had this simply been TL1 + multiplayer it would've rocked. As it stands, its just bland... Expand
  64. Mar 21, 2013
    A disappointing sequel to one of the best ARPGs I've played... I just got bored within a few hours of playing it. With Torchlight 1, I finished the game 4 times because it was so captivating and all the skills were so fun and unique. Torchlight 2 just doesn't feel as deep it's a bigger game, but not necessarily as captivating to one's imagination. The graphics are too distant, the storyA disappointing sequel to one of the best ARPGs I've played... I just got bored within a few hours of playing it. With Torchlight 1, I finished the game 4 times because it was so captivating and all the skills were so fun and unique. Torchlight 2 just doesn't feel as deep it's a bigger game, but not necessarily as captivating to one's imagination. The graphics are too distant, the story line's a bit monotonous and slow. The multiplayer is a big letdown when you do get a good game it's really not that different from single player... but I can see it work nicely if you've got some friends on it and playing together as a team. Expand
  65. May 11, 2013
    I thought the game was solid until I lost my progress on the very first character I made but looked passed it and made another. It also seems like rarely anyone even plays this game as there are so few games in the list.

Also if you want to experiment with mods from the workshop, make sure anyone you play with has the EXACT same mods as you or you won't be able to play together...yea it's THAT dumb.
  66. Jul 22, 2013
    I think it should be noted that this is a *CASUAL* game. No depth to the mechanics, and nothing particularly challenging. Ever. It's all a point-and-leftclick game. Between all the fireworks of the spells it's incredibly difficult to tell where the enemies are in all the chaos, but you realize that it doesn't even matter anyway, because you're just clicking away randomly anyway.

I have

I have no doubts that this could be HIGHLY entertaining for a lot of people, but don't expect to be entertained if you're coming from a MOBA or FPS background expecting fun hack-and-slash action.
  67. Mar 27, 2014
    Nice game but pretty average (Played as Outlander). I honestly liked the first game better. Some maps are ridiculously large but other than random monsters don't offer anything else. There is only one sidequest in every camp and thats it, there is nothing else Your pet makes town scrolls useless so I don't see why are they in the game (I used them once during my 16hr gameplay). The lootNice game but pretty average (Played as Outlander). I honestly liked the first game better. Some maps are ridiculously large but other than random monsters don't offer anything else. There is only one sidequest in every camp and thats it, there is nothing else Your pet makes town scrolls useless so I don't see why are they in the game (I used them once during my 16hr gameplay). The loot system is broken I couldn't complete a single set and most of the stuff I got wasn't that good. I also ran out of mana all the time because the only way to eliminate monsters is with spells (the selection wasn't that good either) since weapons are pretty much useless and it takes forever to kill anything. Why some people say this is better than Diablo is beyond me since this game is way behind it. If you are looking for a game that can be compared to Diablo than that is definitely Titan Quest, a far superior game to Torchlight. Expand
  68. Apr 15, 2014
    I tried this game after hearing so many people praise it over Diablo, and while it is better than I thought, it's still mediocre at best. The cartoonish graphics, I thought, were a great change from the dark and dreary feeling of most dungeon crawlers. The gameplay, however, is nothing more than a long monotonous grind of doing clicking on enemies and using endless amounts of potions.I tried this game after hearing so many people praise it over Diablo, and while it is better than I thought, it's still mediocre at best. The cartoonish graphics, I thought, were a great change from the dark and dreary feeling of most dungeon crawlers. The gameplay, however, is nothing more than a long monotonous grind of doing clicking on enemies and using endless amounts of potions. It's a fun, quick fix, but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. I would say wait for it to go on sale on Steam, like I did, was worth the discounted price, not sure about the full 20 though... Expand
  69. Nov 2, 2014
    Correct gameplay and visual effects. A max level higher than the usual 20~60 is a plus, as is optimized code, so that the game runs smoothly on normal PCs even when there is a lot of action.

Graphics are sadly close to anime or game console, thus far from detailed graphics like, for instance, in Titan Quest or Neverwinter Nights. Pre-made classes is a very bad idea, especially if there

Pre-made classes is a very bad idea, especially if there are only 4 to choose from. This is ruining multi-player experience, where each player wants to be unique. Serious ARPGs offer several base classes and allow multi-classing, for a much deeper experience and added re-playability.
    Finally, buying a sword at the smithy and finding yourself fighting shooting helicopters and industrial machinery is not only boring, it is totally out of context and illogical.

Because of such severe flaws, the game is not as addictive as a great ARPG should be, except maybe for kids or newcomers to the ARPG genre.
  70. May 12, 2016
    It's a Hack n' Slash (so you spend half your time mass-killing things) posing as an RPG (so you spend the other half reading piles of numbers inside your inventory). It does what it says on the cover, and it does it well, like its predecessor. It makes you click mindlessly everywhere and constantly, while keeping you under the illusion that you are smarter than your neighbour because youIt's a Hack n' Slash (so you spend half your time mass-killing things) posing as an RPG (so you spend the other half reading piles of numbers inside your inventory). It does what it says on the cover, and it does it well, like its predecessor. It makes you click mindlessly everywhere and constantly, while keeping you under the illusion that you are smarter than your neighbour because you put 1 point in some attribute instead of another.

I had fun for a few hours watching my alpaca headbutting beasties into corpses and corpses into dust while its pet, a female engineer, displayed her terrible aiming skills with a gigantic wrench.

Torchlight 2 has a few qualities, yet has kept all the flaws of the genre:
    - Boring loot, with tons of junk, each item with several lines of fraction numbers to compare.
    - Tons of useless consumables
    - Tons of useless features, often 1 disguised as several (like enchantment rites and gem inserts)
    - Tons of useless restrictions
    - Useless merchants, offering nothing you'll want to buy, instead of a good old scrap-monger.
    - Unrewarding rewards (mildly interesting when you are offered a quest, obsolete when obtained)
    - No saving, justified (by other classic design errors like randomising everything) but still Wrong 101.

Funny that the only frustration from earlier games that the Torchlight series address belonged to RPGs (I'm talking about backtracking to sell loot from limited inventories.) The only Hn'S that address the Hn'S issues (and that I know of) are the DeathSpank games. I can finish a DeathSpank game, but with Torchlight, I always have enough after a few hours in.
  71. Nov 22, 2012
    As with many games with exceptional ratings on metacritic I had very high hopes. Unfortunately TL2 did not deliver or appeal to my taste. TL2 felt very mindless, running around hacking and slashing, or shoot and casting in my class There wasn't very much intellectual stimulation or perhaps a challenge running through on veteran. Perhaps an incentive could be persuaded to play higherAs with many games with exceptional ratings on metacritic I had very high hopes. Unfortunately TL2 did not deliver or appeal to my taste. TL2 felt very mindless, running around hacking and slashing, or shoot and casting in my class There wasn't very much intellectual stimulation or perhaps a challenge running through on veteran. Perhaps an incentive could be persuaded to play higher difficulties such as better loot or faster exp. Apart from the enjoyment of continually gaining new gear which in itself is an factional incremental reward it was a game for me that I could no longer feel I would like to continue to play after 2 hours. Expand
  72. Jan 14, 2013
    I was hugely disappointed in T2. The very first spell I tried was so overpowered I could just walk through the game mashing one button and everything died. You feel more like a exterminator spraying **** than anything else: just clearing out areas full of bugs. Rinse and repeat. It's the ultimate grind-a-thon. I quickly bumped the game up to highest difficulty, but it made noI was hugely disappointed in T2. The very first spell I tried was so overpowered I could just walk through the game mashing one button and everything died. You feel more like a exterminator spraying **** than anything else: just clearing out areas full of bugs. Rinse and repeat. It's the ultimate grind-a-thon. I quickly bumped the game up to highest difficulty, but it made no difference. They throw so much healing potion at you, and your mana regenerates so quick that everything feels cheap, like you've got a cheat enabled. This is a game you'd give to your 8 year old nephew or something. Definitely not the Diablo III alternative so many people keep claiming. The first Torchlight had a lot of charm and challenge. This thing is just an unbalanced mess. Expand
  73. Apr 2, 2013
    The first thing that comes to mind when I start this game, is the non immersive cartoony graphics. The one thing positive about this is you can argue I don't have a low spec system, so I can't test this theory) that the game 'should' be playable on low end systems.

The game's graphics detract so much sometimes from gameplay, that it makes it difficult to see grades in the landscape making the game annoying to traverse.

I did enjoy the pet system, not because I can use my poor pet because Im too lazy to go back to town with my brave pet, but because I'd rather play through the game with my pet dog, than with a follower from other similar games in the genre.

The player RUNS through the game far too early, making it seems as if my player is constantly on caffeine, which is something that RPG fans prob. won't like a great deal, but 'younger' generation players probably will.

The stat screen is interesting enough, but I personally found the 'Skill' screen very ugly and diminished by immersion a lot, whereas with Diablo 3 it's the exact opposite.

The overall feeling of this game is very childish and non immersive, as much as I wanted to like it overall, I just can't. The outside levels are bad enough in that regard, but going into a dungeon feels like mayberry RFD instead of a gritty dungeon experience which again Diablo 3 offers in spades though admittedly neither succeed in that area given there are no torches for area effect ).

THe fact that you can't change your skills once they are in place alienates players who might make mistake placing them, just as was done in Diablo 2, and I found that very distasteful then as well, so Im very appreciative of Blizzards foresight in making skills changeable with no obvious penalty short of a small 1 minute or so visual showing the new skill reenergizing.

I would like to say the game was fun, that it drew me IN, but it's not when you consider that it is hard to get 'into the game' given the lacking immersion, for reasons stated above, and the poorly designed skills screen wasn't helping me at all. The sound and visual effects are just fine and do help to alleviate the issues above,but it's not really enough to overcome them for me.

IT's quite clear, that they chose their 'visual' look very cartoony, in a lowered style compared to Diablo 3, etc.) to appeal to a younger audience which is fine, but I feel it left out the hardcore audience that wants realism. Diablo 2 is a 10 year old game now, but it's look and feel is not diminished, and Diablo 3 which veered off course thankfully....) skill and stat wize has managed to maintain a immersion factor of 10 and is the one true Diablo 2 sequel in this authors opinion.

Just as with WoW, I would prefer to have a decent 'pet system' for Diablo 3, which may come in a expansion, so I will give TL2 one extra positive mark for entertaining those of us who love our pets and want them by our gaming side, vs ordinary boring followers.

I did not try Networking, but I hear its frought with issues both in stability and profanity in game 'titles'.

One last note; while diablo 3 does the same basic thing, I take one mark away from TL2 for not attaching offensive spells animations to our actual choice of weapon wiz here), thereby removing another source of needed immersion for this visually inferior game adult crowd at least, and I suspect many 'kids' out there too given our technological age ).

All in all, the game succeeds in showing us a fantasy based world full of button mashing necessity yet fails to deliver on style. At the asking price of $20 or $10 right now on Steam) and given there is a GUTS editor to making MOD's for TL2, it's hard to debate the net worth compared to other titles going for $60 in todays market.

The replayability suffers from the games lacking emmersion, but at least there is a GUTS editor for those that have managed to outlast that shallowness, and dynamic challenges placed throughout the game world do help to alleviate some of that, but given the possible lack of maturity given this games look and feel, I can't imagine that the experience would be worth it.

I also found that with a lot of spells going on at the sametime I can imagine that MP would be far far worse), that a otherwise visual delight is otherwise turned into visually confusing mayhem making anything interesting turn into a indistinguishable mess a lot of the time. Diablo 3 did a fine job of fine tuning that,short of 4 players and monsters hordes, where even that scenario is doable. I also thought that while overall acceptable, that a better job could have been done with visual spell effects .

I think it's a shame that the less mature among this forum's inhabitants were so harsh on Diablo 3 given ridiculous scores of '0', so I will avoid that silliness entirely and mark this game on its actual 'merits' ,not some super childish antics.

Graphics: 3
    Immersion: 0
    Mechanics: 8
    Replayability: 7
    Sound: 5
  74. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is horrible compared to the first. The graphics are are fuzzier, not as sharp, the world isn't nearly as appealing as the first game.. Loot drops are favor what ever classes you AREN'T playing. Got a Outlander to up level 20 and no pistol drops anywhere, and yet they start you out with pistols. Stupid level design nowhere near as cool as the first game and the controls are stillThis game is horrible compared to the first. The graphics are are fuzzier, not as sharp, the world isn't nearly as appealing as the first game.. Loot drops are favor what ever classes you AREN'T playing. Got a Outlander to up level 20 and no pistol drops anywhere, and yet they start you out with pistols. Stupid level design nowhere near as cool as the first game and the controls are still an unintuitive mess. The only reason anyone gives this game a 10 is because it doesn't suck as bad as Diablo 3, but it still sucks. Expand
  75. Jun 9, 2013
    gameplay is boring and graphic are too cartoonish for my taste. an improvement over the first installment, but not sufficient enough to make it to a positive rating.
  76. Jan 13, 2014
    For this game, once compared to Diablo 3, it seems very good. Once compared to Path of Exile, it seems very bad. Let me explain. Torchlight 2 succeed where Diablo 3 fail but Path of exile succeed where both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 fail. The most negative point is the cartoon style and it is not free unlike Path of Exile. When I give a score to a game, I have to ask myself "did the moneyFor this game, once compared to Diablo 3, it seems very good. Once compared to Path of Exile, it seems very bad. Let me explain. Torchlight 2 succeed where Diablo 3 fail but Path of exile succeed where both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 fail. The most negative point is the cartoon style and it is not free unlike Path of Exile. When I give a score to a game, I have to ask myself "did the money I paid worth that game. The answer is no. This game should be free. Expand
  77. Apr 7, 2015
    Firstly the cartoony graphics are ok at first, but are beginning to grate on me. Second there are many bugs and unintended game mechanics caused by bugs. Third, the game has no soul, there is basically zero memorable characters in the game. Fourth, even the supposedly low level monsters like a walking mushroom can shave off half of my life in one hit. And that's with a shield equipped.Firstly the cartoony graphics are ok at first, but are beginning to grate on me. Second there are many bugs and unintended game mechanics caused by bugs. Third, the game has no soul, there is basically zero memorable characters in the game. Fourth, even the supposedly low level monsters like a walking mushroom can shave off half of my life in one hit. And that's with a shield equipped. Just really frustrating and no fun at all. Expand
  78. Sep 26, 2012
    I can't relate to where this genre is evolving, be it Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2... Summary of my experience with this game in 3-player-coop (~12 hours) on veteran difficulty: Most of the time, mindlessly clicking the left mouse button works just as well if not better than spamming the screen with overlapping, unrecognizable fireworks. Don't know if my eyes get old or what, but with only 3I can't relate to where this genre is evolving, be it Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2... Summary of my experience with this game in 3-player-coop (~12 hours) on veteran difficulty: Most of the time, mindlessly clicking the left mouse button works just as well if not better than spamming the screen with overlapping, unrecognizable fireworks. Don't know if my eyes get old or what, but with only 3 characters simultaneously using their skills, I wasn't able to comprehend what was going on on the screen anymore: Total chaos and seemingly random flashing with colors that looked way too similar to me. Hats off to those who can make out where the monsters are they try to click (if theyre not HUGE) or what sparks of the fireworks are damaging them or you or are just for show. After ~3 hours we settled to 1 of us using skills, while the other 2 just used left clicks. And even then it was straining to the eyes if you wanted to follow what was going on. Thus we were rushing through the levels, on the edge between shallow instant gratification and wondering about why we waste our time with this. Torchlight 2, just like Diablo 3, feels like its trying to feed "target groups" instead of being something that the devs really tried to be personal and fun. Expand
  79. Oct 7, 2012
    I think this looks exactly the same as torchlight I. The surroundings are constant, and I feel like what you're playing is the same dungeon over and over. And co-op isn't that funny with this game at all. The only thing keeping this game at some level of interest is the graphics. The spells can sometimes look kinda cool, but besides that, I find nothing good with this game. So yeah, like II think this looks exactly the same as torchlight I. The surroundings are constant, and I feel like what you're playing is the same dungeon over and over. And co-op isn't that funny with this game at all. The only thing keeping this game at some level of interest is the graphics. The spells can sometimes look kinda cool, but besides that, I find nothing good with this game. So yeah, like I said, this game contains no variety at all and the environment is non-changing. So if you want a game with just one dungeon, then feel free to buy this game. I want variety, that's why this game gets a 3/10. Expand
  80. Nov 23, 2012
    This game is really nothing more than a cheap Diablo 2 clone. It really has no originality and the story is virtually non existent. Perhaps what I was most disappointed in was the skills. They all seem so boring and bland. I played the character with the duel guns and found it irritating having to click exactly on my target to fire. Many times my character would go running towards theThis game is really nothing more than a cheap Diablo 2 clone. It really has no originality and the story is virtually non existent. Perhaps what I was most disappointed in was the skills. They all seem so boring and bland. I played the character with the duel guns and found it irritating having to click exactly on my target to fire. Many times my character would go running towards the target. In a nutshell this game is a cartoonish downgraded version of D2 with lamer skills and treasure. This is 1 of only 2 games I've ever bought that I was extremely disappointed in. How this game received almost a 9 is beyond me. Expand
  81. May 19, 2013
    An uninspired Diablo 2 clone, dumbed down for the kiddies. It's much too easy. In three hours on Hard I might have drunk three health potions. There's no sense of world, no persistent characters, and no storyline to speak of. There's not even a world map to give you any sense of this world you're expected to save. It fails as a game, and it fails as a story.
  82. Aug 11, 2013
    I don't know why people giving Torchlight 2 so high scores. I really felt cheated when the feedback was so good, and then the reality was very different.

- THE BAD: Graphics are bad with no detail, combat is lazy with no impact, monsters have little variety, landscape neither has about any variety at all, boring quests (It's an APRG, surprise), story is boring, there are few classes

- THE BAD:

Graphics are bad with no detail, combat is lazy with no impact, monsters have little variety, landscape neither has about any variety at all, boring quests (It's an APRG, surprise), story is boring, there are few classes and the customization is also scraping the bottom,

- THE GOOD:

You can apply mods and multiplayer is keeping the game alive, but ony by a bit.

I didn't finish the game after 18 hours of gameplay I gave up due to the game was too boring.
  83. Jan 13, 2014
    game is really nice,but multiplayer really sucks,first i had to log in and log out several times so i and my friends can be on same server and play,we played 1 hour no problems then the lag problems started,sometimes me sometimes him,enemy just stand and dodnt attack or boss respawns 10 times,health is gone in 1 sec and no one attacks,i searched google and forums for solutions,its amazinggame is really nice,but multiplayer really sucks,first i had to log in and log out several times so i and my friends can be on same server and play,we played 1 hour no problems then the lag problems started,sometimes me sometimes him,enemy just stand and dodnt attack or boss respawns 10 times,health is gone in 1 sec and no one attacks,i searched google and forums for solutions,its amazing how many people have same problem and no solution Expand
  84. Sep 28, 2012
    This isn't a game for those who don't usually play arpg. The gameplay is more or less left-click driven, not particularly tactical, and mostly driven by your decision to level-up in one tree or another, or what items you decide to equip.

It gets points for not being too expensive, but in my mind doesn't innovate any new game concepts.
  85. Jan 6, 2013
    I had not played Torchlight 1 but heard very good things about it, so I gave this game a try.

My initial thoughts were that while the graphics were a bit to bright and cartoony for my taste the combat seemed okay. As I played on I grew more and more bored with the game, not having a comparison between my current piece of armour/weapon with the one I'm examining quickly frustrated me,

As I played on I grew more and more bored with the game, not having a comparison between my current piece of armour/weapon with the one I'm examining quickly frustrated me, as well as not being able to teleport home without using a scroll. There are a lot more small details that all add up for a less than enjoyable experience.
  86. Feb 1, 2013
    As was the case with the first Torchlight, this is simply a ripoff of diablo 2 with a minor change or two. The graphics are unimpressive and I got bored within 30 minutes. Certainly not worth 20 bucks.
  87. May 30, 2013
    Childish graphics poor gameplay too few classes Game crashing on co-op after every loading screen. Poor story as hell Tbh even Diablo 3 is better than this game and that game sucks too.
  88. Oct 18, 2012
    it looks like a game for 9 yrs olds wich makes the immersion impossible. this becomes multiplied in the moment when you realize that the story and characters are so uninterresting, that you dont even care about what you are doing there. the game fails to suck you into a living gameenviroment and so you dont care for the characters, you dont care for the story, you dont care for theit looks like a game for 9 yrs olds wich makes the immersion impossible. this becomes multiplied in the moment when you realize that the story and characters are so uninterresting, that you dont even care about what you are doing there. the game fails to suck you into a living gameenviroment and so you dont care for the characters, you dont care for the story, you dont care for the gameworld and after a very short time you stop caring about the game. Expand
  89. Nov 2, 2012
    The game deserves a 7/10. Giving it a 0 to counter all the people who just hate D3 (before writing a word about TL2 they rant about Diablo.)
    THE GOOD: The pet system is a lot better than the follower system in D3/D2, it is awesome to send them back to town and continue fighting and they can cast spells which is useful. The music in the game is fantastic and will be very familiar to anyone who has played Diablo 2 (Matt Uleman). The artwork is simple but well done and so are the animations. There is a lot to customize (stat points, skill points, jewels, spells, gear, enchanting, etc.)
    THE BAD:The story is beyond horrible (mostly just confusing nonsense). Skills are very hit and miss (some great, some pointless), the skill trees don't seem to be organized well and the player levels so often that the points feel less important. On that note the standard game only allows you to reset your last 3 skills which was a bad design decision (there are mods but players shouldn't have to "fix" the game). The loot is okay although the "unique" items aren't that impressive. The boss fights aren't really memorable and a lot of them were fairly easy. The game also crashed several times and had some issues when playing online.

OVERALL: Played through the game once and probably won't play it again. It has some serious design flaws and a terrible story. Nowhere near the level of DIablo 2, don't let these reviews fool you.
  90. Nov 17, 2012
    As much as I dislike giving this game a review score of Zero, it must be done. Torchlight 2 has been out for three months now, and yet the developers have yet to address bugs that erase your progress in the game, whether that be how far you've progressed in the main campaign (I cannot progress past the beginning of Act 2, the game always resets when I exit), or losing character progress (aAs much as I dislike giving this game a review score of Zero, it must be done. Torchlight 2 has been out for three months now, and yet the developers have yet to address bugs that erase your progress in the game, whether that be how far you've progressed in the main campaign (I cannot progress past the beginning of Act 2, the game always resets when I exit), or losing character progress (a level 30 character being reset to level 10). The developers, Runic Games, blame the users when this happens. Apparently, after a game session, it's the user's responsibility to make back-ups of their save files, and to carefully examine their character status to make sure that the game actually did save your progress when you last exited the game, and if not, then you have to load your back-up save files. And guess what? In my case, even after doing all of this, it doesn't work--I am always placed back at the beginning of Act 2. Simply put, the game is unplayable, and Runic apparently has no plans to address this issue with a patch. For this reason, I would advise spending your money elsewhere. Expand
  91. Feb 26, 2014
    Started the game. Played for 30 mins. Gained 7 levels. Still didn't knew what the hell was going on.
    I've played so many bad rpgs recently that I've lost count. But this game is just stupid. Anyone compares it with diablo is a fool. Definitely not worth the money.
  92. May 28, 2014
    A lot of people held this game up as a more satisfying version of Diablo 3, but personally I don't agree. Maybe I didn't play it long enough, but like some other reviewers, I found the lack of any kind of engagement extremely off-putting and didn't play for more than an hour before I got bored and went and did something else. My initial intention was to try to pick it back up later onA lot of people held this game up as a more satisfying version of Diablo 3, but personally I don't agree. Maybe I didn't play it long enough, but like some other reviewers, I found the lack of any kind of engagement extremely off-putting and didn't play for more than an hour before I got bored and went and did something else. My initial intention was to try to pick it back up later on and give it another chance, but that was a year ago and I still don't have any desire to try this again. Maybe that day will come in the distant future and I'll have a reason to revise my review, but for now, it's a 0/10. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]