Torchlight II PC

8.6

1. Sep 25, 2012
    This is what D3 should have been. I highly suggest you buy the four pack on steam and play co-op with your friends. I had so much fun exploring the game and having FUN I lost track of time and here I am burning a sick day from work. :)
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    Nothing to say but this: This game is what Diablo III should have shown into public instead of RMAH centric slot machine loot system. It brought back the actual 'Fun' factor with fast pace combat, not so easy difficulty, load of loots, interesting skill system and combat mechanics. Graphics wise, it cannot be matched to multi-hundred-million budget games but keeping up par with cartoon-ishNothing to say but this: This game is what Diablo III should have shown into public instead of RMAH centric slot machine loot system. It brought back the actual 'Fun' factor with fast pace combat, not so easy difficulty, load of loots, interesting skill system and combat mechanics. Graphics wise, it cannot be matched to multi-hundred-million budget games but keeping up par with cartoon-ish art. In short, Runic Games was able to match the hype. Of course, you can get everything with $20!!! One more thing: you can actually customize your character, which is actually 'first' in ARPG genre. Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2012
    Je rejoins les avis positifs sur le jeu (pas comme ce Chocapic de Gamekult qui nous a pondu un torchon pro D3 honteux), après 6h de jeu hier soir en mode élite, une dizaine de fois mort, et le Général Grell de vaincu, (quel combat ^^) (oué 6h pour arriver là c bcp mais j'aime prendre mon temps et tout explorer jusqu'au dernier recoin de la carteJe rejoins les avis positifs sur le jeu (pas comme ce Chocapic de Gamekult qui nous a pondu un torchon pro D3 honteux), après 6h de jeu hier soir en mode élite, une dizaine de fois mort, et le Général Grell de vaincu, (quel combat ^^) (oué 6h pour arriver là c bcp mais j'aime prendre mon temps et tout explorer jusqu'au dernier recoin de la carte ^^), il était 3h du mat quand mon engineer à pris son niveau 14, je n'ai pas vu le temps passé, signe de réussite à mon avis de la part de Runic.

Hâte de retourner sur le jeu, les loots sont cohérents (hein Blizzard), plusieurs items de set récupérés (dont un en péchant ^^), 1 set complet (le Runemaster), 2 uniques pour mon perso et moultes bleus, un phase portal, et un parchemin pour faire apparaitre le vendeur de set (pas encore activé) je suis comblé :)

Les différents boss rencontrés (ainsi que pas mal de pack) offrent vraiment un vrai challenge avec ce mode de difficultés, juste un regret sur le faite que les popos soient spammables à volontés.

En switchant entre gros canon et armes 2H l'engineer est vraiment plaisant à jouer, quel pied !
  4. Sep 21, 2012
    I'm just a simple factory worker guy, I play games as my escape, I'm sure you do too.

This game has done a lot for me. It has restored my faith in the game developer, it has provided entertainment, and it has provided a chance for some 'good times' with friends. If I could put it more simply, I'd say this is a D3 killer, but no one would believe me. I agree, people will view this

I agree, people will view this game harshly simply because they are obsessed with a specific franchise or brand. Please keep that in mind.

If you are looking for something that's fun, this is it. 4 pack this puppy and play with friends. Gift giving season is coming!
  5. Sep 21, 2012
    Now this is how a dungeon crawler ARPG should be HANDS DOWN. It is everything that D3 should of been but is not.

It's a well polished game where the loot is actually viable to use. You are not just selling everything to the vendor but you find stuff that you can use and come up with different combinations for your characters like maybe an embermage that carries a gun and a shield or a traditional weapon like a staff or even two wands. Simple put: the itemization in the game is enormous! There are skill trees available that offer numerous different builds. For example, I started with an embermage and went all +Ice damage. But then I added some fire gear and spells and now I have a completely unique spell build that just makes me want to create another embermage to try out different combinations.

As far as the D3 comparisons go, this is what D3 should of been. It makes me wonder what this team could of done if the Diablo IP was still under their control. It's a shame on Blizzard.

Nevertheless the only thing that I am not a big fan of is the art work and bright colour scheme of the game. At first it wasn't my cup of tea per say but it actually does work well for the style of story they are presenting the customers/gamers.

It's extremely well done. The game only costs 20 bucks. There is no Auction House or Real Money Auction House. It is the standard for an ARPG and what a game should be.

Don't listen to the negative reviews. Honestly, don't. They are just hurt Blizzard employees or fan boys that are putting the game down. The number of positive reviews speaks for itself. Excellent job Runic Games! Excellent Job!!
  6. Sep 22, 2012
    this is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game justthis is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game just makes me puke. sure they changed it now so its more like torchlight II; how original. Expand
  7. Sep 24, 2012
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sss
  8. Sep 21, 2012
    Made by the folks who know how to make ARPGs (D1 & D2) Torchlight 2 is the living successor to these games (unlike one which shares the same name). It keeps to the tradition of action role playing games and absolutely delivers. If you are looking for an ARPG that has a loot and game play system derived on fun rather than a real money auction house, this is the game for you.
  9. Sep 24, 2012
    Amazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the oddAmazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the odd unique weapon from bosses. The 4 classes are all cool and each have 3 talent trees to suit a subclass of your choice, for example engineers have a talent tree with skills suited for two handed warrior, machinist, and even a more defensive tank sort of playstyle. There are also about 6-7 types of pets you can choose from your character compared to just cat or dog from the original Torchlight and the Fate games. The story is pretty shallow but it's servicable for giving you a reason to slaughtering things and making flashy animations burst everywhere on the screen. The graphics are cartoony and WoW like and much more colourful than what might be seen in Diablo III. The particle effects have been upgraded so that explosions and stuff are prettier but it may also be more stressful on older computers like mine compared to the first Torchlight. There is also a co-op mode in the game although I was unable to play it on my pirated copy of the game

Overall, awesome game and for $20 ( which I didn't pay) you can't go wrong. Or if you torrent it like I did, at least buy the game to support the developers later on.
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    The best game on my steam library i would gladly pay 35 pounds for this game but its only 15 POUNDS!!!!
    this feels and plays like a triple a game. i havent played diablo 3 so i cant compare but my freinds have it and say torchlight is MUCH MUCH better
  11. Oct 5, 2012
    Something interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playingSomething interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playing Torchlight II. At least it has meaningful skill trees and stat points, and of course PvP, more than you could say for the "highly polished" Diablo III in the words of Digital Spy... Expand
  12. Sep 20, 2012
    torchlight 2..... is hands down much better than diablo 3. the graphics are cartoonish but the game play is 100 times better then diablo 3. torchlight 2 > diablo 3.

Runic killed it (in a good way), Jay wilson killed it with a knife and continued to stab the dead body overly killing it.
  13. Sep 21, 2012
    Tons of content, fun rewarding loot system, fun character and skill design and a wealth of secrets and explorable content all for $20 great work runic!
  14. Sep 23, 2012
    I haven't had this much from with an ARPG since Diablo 2. The atmosphere and setting are both bang on, the gameplay (targeting enemies, camera, mechanics, etc.) are all very well done. The only fault I can find in this game is that the story isn't memorable. Aside from that, this game is perfection.
  15. Sep 21, 2012
    The game Diablo 3 should have been. Saw some Blizz **** drinking fanbois complaining about "bad interface" and "clunky combat". Don't know what they're on about. Must be too stupid to figure out the game. Granted, they are Blizztards.
  16. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is the true Diablo II successor that is all there is to it, made by the same guys who led Diablo II, the game is fun with a lot of replayability is only $20, I don't regret buying Diablo III but I am more hooked and had more fun with this game
  17. Nov 26, 2012
  18. Jan 30, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about withOne of the best games I have ever played. I sunk 60 hours into the weekend beta and another 200 into the full game. Torchlight II has the "easy to pick up, difficult to master" that is so rare in games these days. Nega-reviewers didn't bother playing with their toons/skills much, and as a result they hated it. Find someone in co-op with Respec pots and have a blast messing about with different builds :D If you like to have fun, you'll like TL2. Expand
  19. Sep 20, 2012
    Beautiful. Polish. Soundtrack can feel very rich and satisfying. If this game was a girl, it'd be the short, cute girl with expressive eyes, who plays the violin professionally and you met through a friend, and you end up dating and married, and spend the rest of your life together. :x
  20. Sep 20, 2012
    This game get's a 10/10, I've been playing the press release.

First of all, graphics sound style charm blablabla we've all heard it before. So let me instead say what stuck out to me. Somehow because of my own idiocy I lost 8-9 hours of progress on an elite DW berzerker I made. I was half way thru act 2. Needless to say this was frustrating, so I had an idea. I'm only allowed to
    This game get's a 10/10, I've been playing the press release.

I'm only allowed to show act 1-2 and everyone saw 1 from the beta, so I decided to spend my second, returning 9 hour trainride rushing 5 characters to the end of act 1.

Thanks to a 3 hour train delay I succeeded. I made a lvl 21 dualzerker which rocks, a lvl 21 tankgineer which rocks, a lvl 21 embermage that demolishes elite, a lvl 21 melee 2h engineer I need to work on, and a lvl 21 bowlander that's starting to rock.

Here is the important reason why the game is a ten/ten. Alone, playing single player in a train, with a malfunctioning mouse, I didn't get bored playing 5 characters through the same act. To the contrary I really enjoyed seeing my builds come to life.

you think the repetition would kill you, but the randomized chunks are magic. Honestly diablo 2 has it easier I realized, because part of the reason it captivates me is because the crap graphics let my imagination fill in the blanks. In TL2 everything looks so good, that it's easy to get tired of seeing the same urns over and over. So Runic ingeniously made randomized chunks and they keep the game super fresh. I'd be just starting to grumble over doing the same quest, when I'd run across a little scene, nook, or area I hadn't seen before and it just seemed so wonderful and alive. Like the world evolves with my character. It's hard to describe the feeling, but it just keeps the game from getting tedious if you appreciate exploration like I do.

The skills are IMO not perfect, but they will never be as we all want different things. I'll do a skill change request thread later. Some buffs I thought could have lasted 3-5 seconds longer and some tier bonuses I thought could have been more generous given the mana cost. However each skill has purpose, and if you build correctly you could make many of the active skills your main. I'm going to eventually make a fire bomb embermage instead of the cliche magma spear build.

The difficulties are great now. Veteran becomes legitimately challenging and elite is freaking hard though I have conquered it with one build.

Mainly I have to give a lot of points because I was doubtful about how far they'd come from the beta and they went over my expectations. Every single change I've noticed from the beta not only do I approve of but appreciate. They made dual wield claw berzerkers viable, they nerfed everything that trivialized elite yet unlike some companies nerfed the skills to "viable" instead of "useless."

They are true to their word that you can become OP for moments, only to find in the next 6-8 levels that your enemies have caught back up, or even become stronger than you again.

There is the sweet pain of letting go of a piece of armor that boosted your damage because you are in sore need of more survival based affixes.

The act changes are also great. I won't talk about act 3, but in act 2 I felt, rightly so, that engineers and berzerkers suffered from all the slowing ice damage. Lo in behold though in act 2's desert againt physical opponents my berzerker began to thrive like no other. The acts DO feel different from eachother, and this is very good.

Monsters are fantastic, I find myself thinking, "oh it's one of those types. I better avoid x and do y." Like when I see basilisks I keep my distance and hit and run to avoid being snared by their gaze. When I see hordes of small minions I dive in with AOE to make sure I kill them before their fast damage kills me. Some of my classes handle projectile enemies better, some handle mages better, and some handle melee better. Each play through feels different.

The item game is super sweet. I love the new affixes. Life and mana regen are helpful. The new "cast on hits" are cool. But specifically a lot of uniques were changed since beta. Now every class specific unique has 1-2 affixes that specifically help one or 2 builds for that class. Whenever I find a class unique I get excited and can easily imagine how to best utilize it.

The boss fights were good but I am still a little dissapointed in act 1's. Act 1 feels too fast for me. You meet the wise guy for all of 2 seconds and then he becomes [spoiler] . I was hoping to get more attached to him first.

Every act felt different, the difficulty got progressively harder, the loot and randomization were utterly superb.

All and all, I'm going to waste my life playing this game. I'm adoomgod on steam, feel free to add me, I'll help you min-max your character if you want. I enjoy all modes of difficulty.
  21. Sep 20, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period.After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period. Graphics are beautiful and the amount of things to do are just shocking for such a modest price-point. Not to mention all the great features from pets to multi-player to extra difficulties to lv 100!! I can pay my deepest respect by stating one key fact, "I will be playing this game for a great portion of my foreseeable future." Expand
  22. Sep 20, 2012
    Finally the Torch has come back!!!!Much better than imagination, every thing that diablo failed to deliver is here in torchlight.Great Game play ,Superior Graphics, Awesome music, Improved Skills, Massive Loot,Greater builds, Multiplier support, Moding and a long lasting game play what else did a PC gamer wants now.In my opinion Torchlight 2 Deserve an 11/10 for there extra ordinaryFinally the Torch has come back!!!!Much better than imagination, every thing that diablo failed to deliver is here in torchlight.Great Game play ,Superior Graphics, Awesome music, Improved Skills, Massive Loot,Greater builds, Multiplier support, Moding and a long lasting game play what else did a PC gamer wants now.In my opinion Torchlight 2 Deserve an 11/10 for there extra ordinary great work.the new King of Rpg has Arrive All hail Torchlight 2. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2012
    Amazing, simply amazing. The TRUE continuation of Diablo 2. The work of Runic Games has been amazing, improving in every way and as a result getting one of the best A-RPG of history.
  24. Sep 20, 2012
    Keep this short and simple. Game is quite fluid and for a game worth 20$ you would really feel that this game is worth more than the price. You would feel all the love the developers put into making this game. If you're out looking for a good time then this game is for you
  25. Sep 20, 2012
    Simply a great game, the randomization of chunks and areas, along with the various character builds make for great re-playability, and of course once the mod community gets in full force with the Dev tools we will truly have an expansive and unique in game experience
  26. Sep 20, 2012
    The most addictive game I've played in a long time! There is not doubt that the creators of Runic Games were once Blizzard North. This game is not a Diablo clone, it's going to be a legend by itself! And the music it's amazing!
  27. Sep 20, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL

With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quite amazing. Each class has its own set spells and unlike Torchlight 1, the classes don't share any skills. What does this mean for you? A plethora of customization options! You could opt to play an Engineer as a unstoppable tank, or a support with many bots and gadgets at your disposal, or a hammer wielding hero that destroys anything in its path. The choices and builds you can make are endless. On the top of my head, I can already think of FIVE, yes FIVE, different builds for the Engineer that are not only viable but fun as well and I'm sure there's other people who've thought of builds I haven't consider yet. What can you expect from each class? You can expect no less than five different ways to play. The world is very open and beautiful. It rotates from grass levels, to snow, to desert and all around beautiful combined with great musical pieces. Another aspect of the game that is fantastic is the fact that the boss fights are VERY FUN and ENGAGING. Co-op is simply fantastic. You can play with 5 of your friends or random people and crawl through the toughest dungeons, with each person using their class in a different way, this is bound to be fun for everyone. The loot is fantastic, there's so much of it its great and you get a feel of SATISFACTION each time you get a piece. There's also mods mods mods. Really there's so much great about this game.
  28. Sep 20, 2012
    Did you ever catch yourself in those nostalgic daydreaming about the days gone by, in which the games were judged by how fun and complex they were? Well, I am pleased to announce that Torchlight 2 is one of those games. Many call it "spiritual successor to Diablo series", "the thing that should have been Diablo 3" etc. ... I call it - a classic hack & slash action RPG, tailored to theDid you ever catch yourself in those nostalgic daydreaming about the days gone by, in which the games were judged by how fun and complex they were? Well, I am pleased to announce that Torchlight 2 is one of those games. Many call it "spiritual successor to Diablo series", "the thing that should have been Diablo 3" etc. ... I call it - a classic hack & slash action RPG, tailored to the needs of the gamers (not the needs of corporate publisher fatcats), with extremely appealing art style, graphics, and most magnificent orchestral soundtrack composed by none other than Matt Uelemen, the genius behind the Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks. The gameplay in this game is smooth, the audio and visuals simply flow even on older machines, and you can play the game in multiplayer, either online via matchmaker lobby or offline in LAN! Oh LAN, how we all dearly missed you :) ... anyway, you owe yourself to buy this game, because at the extraordinarily low price of 20$ I cannot imagine anyone being able not to afford it. P.S: The game must have some bad traits, but I cannot seem to find them from all the fun I'm currently having :D Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2012
    The perfect ARPG. This game delivers everything you'd want in an ARPG: extreme customization of skills and character, loot, loot and more loot. GETTING LOOT IS ACTUALLY SATISFYING AND REWARDING. The game is to put it simply - perfection.
  30. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is amazing 10/10. Been waiting a long time for it and it was well worth the wait. Best rpg since diablo 2, and since diablo3 was so awful this has really showed me that there is yet hope in the gaming industry. Great game, even greater price, can't go wrong. Music sounds like D2, Combat plays somewhat like d2, great skill system, classic items and drops....take it from a die hardThis game is amazing 10/10. Been waiting a long time for it and it was well worth the wait. Best rpg since diablo 2, and since diablo3 was so awful this has really showed me that there is yet hope in the gaming industry. Great game, even greater price, can't go wrong. Music sounds like D2, Combat plays somewhat like d2, great skill system, classic items and drops....take it from a die hard d2 fan. This game will not disappoint. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]