8.6

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best in the genre. Fun, fast paced and awesome, near overwhelming amounts of loot. The skills are all very good and allow for reasonably diverse character builds and the combat is very responsive & satisfying.

The game truly shines when modded. Throw Synergies and the T2 Essentials mod in and you'll get an extra 70 hours worth of content, half a dozen new classes and countless new pets to choose from.

Could not recommend it enough.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    This is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited toThis is the user-friendly version of what D3 could have been. This game has support for single player, online, and even LAN. There is also a new mod that adds a Necromancer class, news maps, and tons of other features. Game play is fun and fast paced. The graphics are simple, but not bad looking. My only serious complaint is that the options to respec your character traits are limited to only the three most current traits selected. Once you go down a path, you are kind of stuck with it. There are workarounds for this issue, but I havent tried any of those yet. This really limits players options for testing new strategies and trait combos along with new gear. I dont understand the logic of this design choice at all. Other than that its a great game at a great price. Expand
  3. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    A lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't theA lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't the first time. New maps, new enemies, new weapons and armor. Every time you play this game something is always different and new. Killing enemies is very satisfying, hitting something with a giant two handed hammer and watching them blow up into bits of blood and flesh, is kind of awesome. The gameplay is much more fast paced it feels quick like you are a badass just mowing through enemies; It feels more like and action rpg then D3 did. And just being able to customize your characters stats and abilities is a big plus not just giving you a set of "use this, or this but that's it" like D3 had.

One big con for me is that you can't respec more than you 3 recent abilities. I can enjoy games like this more when I can get the most out of my character without having to start a new one, If I get bored of one spec I and try a different one, or try all 3 and see which one I like the most. That is fixed with a mod, but it would have been nice to have free range with that in game. Speaking of mods this game has a huge mod scene much like the first one which in my opinion keep the game alive longer, and I can expect that with the second. I can't wait to see what people come up with! Torchlight was a great game, but to me it always felt unfinished like it was missing the finale bit of polish or the finale bit of testing. Torchlight 2 fills that void I had felt with the first one it feels like a finished game, feels like a lot of work with into it, that they were making a game for the fans rather than money. They deserve all the good that has come there way with this game, and I can't wait to see this company's next installment!
  4. Dec 30, 2012
    Torchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The wayTorchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The way Runic has designed the dungeons in the sequel is more along the lines of unique dungeons being placed throughout the world, and the player explores them to find loot and gain experience. The weapons have also changed a bit. Rifles have been replaced with crossbows, and the game has introduced shotguns and claws to the mix. You may also customize the appearance of your character, unlike in the previous one where you had a set appearance. Overall, it's a good improvement over an already good game. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2012
    If I could only say a sentence about it I'd say It wound disappoint you like Diablo III did.
    The loot you get won't be nerf'd all the time. Your gameplay won't be over controlled. And the very most important thing: you can actually have fun playing it.
    What else should you expect from a game?
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game playThis game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game play style and that is really fun. And the multiplayer mode of the game is also good and balanced. And the story line of the game is really good. Its a must have game for you if are a die hard hack and slash RPG fan. Expand
  7. Oct 28, 2013
    Lots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPGLots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPG games like Diablo. Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    Perfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who arePerfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who are complaining about the graphics are those who playing WOW and LOL ...I'm laughing at them so bad.. TL2 is an amazing game..only thing that misses is the ladder system! Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2013
    The ARPG that might save a genre! With D3's utter failure we(gamers) were left wondering if a truly fun and exciting genre was coming to an end? Had the ARPG run it's course? Nope, take the guys whop made D2 and fire them and have them come back and make another remarkable sequel.

The game gets a 9 from me. Would be and maybe a 10 in future if they can get the networking issues fixed. Also, the legendary loot needs work. It's almost as bad as the other ARPG that came out earlier....
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    Make no mistake: this game is better than it's direct opponent (aka Diablo III) in 2 of the 3 main points: gameplay and loot. However, it falls behind on the imersion thing: lore, history and characters. It's a great game, but after finishing it I had no desire to play it again. D3, on the other hand, I played til finish on Inferno, and that's saying a LOT about replayability. Sure, peopleMake no mistake: this game is better than it's direct opponent (aka Diablo III) in 2 of the 3 main points: gameplay and loot. However, it falls behind on the imersion thing: lore, history and characters. It's a great game, but after finishing it I had no desire to play it again. D3, on the other hand, I played til finish on Inferno, and that's saying a LOT about replayability. Sure, people likes to bash D3 because it's made by a rich and big company and defend the indie Torchlight, but in the end the games are almost equivalent on a final veredict. In short: Torchlight 2 is a better game, hands down. However, had Blizzard held back and launched D3 with all the features it haves now and without the anoying conection problems, I don't know if I could judge the games in the same way. Expand
  11. Dec 30, 2012
    The best hack n slash rpg game! Better than Diablo III! If you like h'n's rpg's you MUST play this game! Beautifull graphics, nice skills, epic battles and more... This is Torchlinght II!
  12. Jan 5, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options,Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options, showing how a game that's open can be successful; a true successor to the first Torchlight. Expand
  13. Jan 7, 2013
    I have Diablo 3 and i had fun with that game, but it is later boring...Torchlight 2 is the Diablo killer for me..because pvp, play offline single, no buy for win, play for win ...
  14. Mar 20, 2013
    A thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easierA thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easier difficulties, but if you want to survive the highest difficulty, only the best builds will do. Weapon and armor drops have random stats just like in Borderlands. And you can customize them even further by slotting in gems and/or having them enchanted. Add in shops, a gambling vendor, fishing (heh) and a load of end-game content... Well, you get the picture by now. The best thing for me was how well balanced and polished this all feels. And at the price they're selling it, I advise everyone to try it. Expand
  15. Jul 25, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is the sequel of Torchlight and is much better, because it has a coop mode, is better designed and is more fun! It looks good, it has the Steam workshop and an editor. You will have a long time fun with it!
  16. Feb 9, 2013
    In the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for aIn the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for a "Action-RPG" that would once again make them feel the same way as they felt playing through Diablo 2. A handful of things this game simplified that Diablo 2 3 failed to execute: Inventory No more saving up Gems Embers to transmute into higher ones.
    Item Transfers You now have a personal stash and a shared stash that allows easy transfer-ability between characters.
    Full Inventory Your "Mercenary Pet" is now able to run to town and empty your inventory for you, as well as go shopping for you while you remain on the battlefield!
    Specialization Ever wanted to try an ability out to see how it pairs the way you're building your character? You can remove 3 of your last talent points spent and replace them, if you dislike the direction the new ability was taking your character's play style.
    Secondary Spells Or rather spells that you can find while playing through the game, allows more customization to one's own character, as well as mercenary pet! No more going to specific Acts on specific difficulties for that one mercenary ability you want!

Anyhow, if you can get past the initial graphic difference, since this game is definitely nowhere near as "beautiful" as Diablo 3, this game beats out any other Action-RPG, coming from a hardcore Action-RPG player who player Diablo 1, and then Diablo 2 religiously. Take my advice and get into this game, you will not regret it, I promise you!
  17. Apr 6, 2013
    A true pioneering game in the action role playing game series, it manages to deliver what player wants in such a short time frame for only $20 (sometimes lower), no bullhonky DRM, no traffic jam, and possibly the first action PRG to fully support modding. I would totally recommend this to people who want to try diablo 3.
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is a long awaited sequel to the original Torchlight. The graphics are amazing, the combat mechanics are well paced and the levels are randomly generated every time. Although the gameplay does not introduce anything new, it doesn't fail to bring back a sense of nostalgia for action RPG fans.

If you enjoyed playing Diablo in your youth, then consider getting it. It is more than it's value for $15 on Steam
  19. Apr 7, 2013
    To begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpgTo begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpg could be this much fun. From killing monster with my duel pistol to looting.....there are so many things to give u satisfaction which I think it lacks in most of the games today. It is especially satisfying when I kill multiple enemies with crits because they literally explode in to red mist. Maxing out dexterity on outlanders are truly fun. Anyway this game may not have the best look but it has its own beauty to it with its cartoony graphics amd I gotta admit...I need to give diablo 2 a try. This game truely opened my eyes to arpg game. Plz fps player, if you never tried arpg games tl2 is a good starter imo Expand
  20. Jul 15, 2013
    Like a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that madeLike a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that made Torchlight and Diablo great, and added everything it was missing to achieve near-perfection.

Big plus One: Freedom & Pricing
    TL2 is a game without DRM. It is also a game that costs far less than Diablo 3. To top it off, you get the editor along with it, opening up the way for mod communities to go wild on it. Where Diablo 3 offers a single, linear storyline with replayability only through ramping up the difficulty, TL2 offers a neverending Mapworks along with it, which keeps spawning random maps to play with various penalties or bonuses.

Big Plus Two: Customization and Character building
    Where Diablo 3 served players with an ever-increasing amount of options that could be 'respecced' as often as you wanted, TL2 offers skill trees that restrict and allow the use of specific, tailored builds and more variety in playstyles. TL2 offers a small selection of class-specific gear to find, while everything else, from weapons to armor and jewelry, is usable by every single class, again adding variety within a single class where D3 offers none.

Big Plus Three: Actually gaming, instead of worrying about money or lag.
    Where Diablo 3 offered a launch that was far from smooth, TL2 has no compulsory always-online, and no Real Money Auction House that completely destroyed in-game economy and fueled hordes of account hackers and monetary issues. Better yet, TL2 has no lag and plays more responsively, quicker and with far less issues and zero downtime. It sounds ridiculously obvious, and it is exactly that.

Regardless of the existence of Diablo, Torchlight 2 simply is one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the market. Even recent patches to both games have not managed to change this perspective.

The only advantage granted to Diablo 3 over TL2, is that it has a larger online community, but I seriously question whether D3 also has the larger amount of satisfied players.
  21. Oct 10, 2013
    This game is very well made and better than the original in all respects, but it’s only fun up to a point. The story is basically non-existent (like most games in this genre) so once the loot collecting & pointing and clicking get tedious, you’ll struggle for a reason to continue. The graphics at least stay fresh and give every area its own identity, but even though you feel like you’reThis game is very well made and better than the original in all respects, but it’s only fun up to a point. The story is basically non-existent (like most games in this genre) so once the loot collecting & pointing and clicking get tedious, you’ll struggle for a reason to continue. The graphics at least stay fresh and give every area its own identity, but even though you feel like you’re exploring different places, you’re always doing the exact same thing in those places, which is clicking to kill monsters. A whole lot of monsters. Over & over again.

One huge plus is the devs opening the game up to the Steam Workshop. That has allowed people to make some incredible mods that add depth and fun to the game not included with the original version. That combined with the low price move this one up from a 7 to an 8 for me.

I might force myself to sit through a couple more hours of clicking so I can click all the way through to the end, just to say I did, but I’ll certainly never go back and start a new game over. If these types of games are your cup of tea, though, you’ll like it a lot and should pick it up.
  22. Oct 25, 2013
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The convenience of sending your pet to the store to help clear your inventory has to be one of the best attributes of the game. The scenery is very pleasant and the effects are nice as well.

Yes this game is very similar to the game-play of Diablo, but it isn't depressing. All of the Diablo games are so gloomy throughout the entire storyline. Even though the games are similar they are still very different. You will always have similar games that fall under the same Genre. Torchlight & Torchlight 2 are very refreshing games because they allow you to progress through the game without spending half your time organizing or making attribute additions to you characters.

Torchlight II is very much like the first one, but a lot of games tend to be that way. The first game was more along the lines of a Beta version for the second. I'm glad they didn't change much and they have added a lot of new maps that aren't Gloomy and Depressing like most Dungeon Crawlers. Love the game and I am thankful to the Developers for creating Torchlight II.
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    Kill, loot, sell, kill, loot, sell, give points for level and attributes. Repeat 100x

A pretty hard game when you want to deal with it ion elite hardcore. In total 4 classes that are pretty good balanced. Awsome new graphic (since Diablo 2). Perfect just to sit down, connect to a friends server and click till your fingers will burn. Starting at the moment my third character (engi,

Starting at the moment my third character (engi, bersi done) and I still don't get the point what happens in the story, but I seriously don't care. When you like games like Diablo just try it and you will gonna love it.

8+/10
  24. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. TheNot being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid onlineEver since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  26. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is hands down better than Auction House 3. Now you can play on any difficulty you like in a world that constantly changes in every playthrough. It's only 20 bucks and with content like this it's probably worth more. No more having to endlessly grind through the same 2-3 levels just to buy garbage items from an AH to slightly improve your stats. In other words this game is fun fun fun!
  28. Sep 21, 2012
    This is how sequels should be made, bigger, better, more fun to play, pay attention actizzard...
    The game is improved in EVER aspect that needed improving and beyond.
    The biggest and best things I have managed to spot so far: - no always on drm (see actizzard? it CAN be done) - LAN play! - multiplayer available - no rubberbanding, lag etc.! - no stuttering, performance issues etc.
    The game is improved in EVER aspect that needed improving and beyond.
    The biggest and best things I have managed to spot so far:
    - no always on drm (see actizzard? it CAN be done)
    - LAN play!
    - multiplayer available
    - no rubberbanding, lag etc.!
    - no stuttering, performance issues etc. (learn from this actizzard)
    - nice looking graphics, improved from previous, a player gets a clear picture of the battlefield, i know what im attacking, no mess or confusion even in the midst of battle, unlike d3 where at certain point you would lose yourself,
    - pets! means no need to teleport back to the city to sell junk/get pots etc., unlike d3
    - 4 distinct, fun to play characters,
    - talents and stat point that YOU CAN distribute as you please, unlike in d3 where they take you for an idiot, thus you end up with a ton of cool, personal builds and approaches
    - true RANDOM maps, unlike in d3 where its just a PR BS
    - tons of loot that is actually usefull and an improvement, unlike d3 where they force you to buy from rmah
    - great music, very good sounds
    - excellent gameplay, fun to kill mobs, get loot, develop your character, quite fast leveling up make you enjoy they playthrouh
    - you can set the difficulty level from the beginning unlike d3 where i had to go through extremely easy normal, nightmare, hell to get to somewhere with challange only to go against OP mobs with ridiculous skills
    - cool mobs to fight, nice boss fights, oh and the game is actually challanging unlike d3...
    - no pony level for emo children
    - loot customization, gems, enchants, unidentified gear vendor etc.
    - short load times
    - everything work smooth, no glitches, well polished product
    - runic games delivers what was promised!
    - replay value!
    - low cost (20$ or even less) !!!
    - free soundtrack !
    - devs that listen to people
    - complex yet easily accessible game
    - noob friendly
    - hardcore mode that you can play offline, no more lag fails!!!
    - true Diablo 2 successor in the spiritual sense
    - 6 players online support
    - 3 skill trees for each character that 12 reason to go through the game at least !
    - Mod support ! which will make the game more lasting, - so much more i have missed...

To sum up, its an amazing game, absolute 10/10, the negative comments are from stupid people who fail at installing a game, setting up a normal working PC, or simply suffer from hardware compatibility issues which runic games cannot be responsible for.

INSTANT BUY for any arpg, h&s game fan :)
  29. Sep 25, 2012
    This game deserves every 10/10 ratings given! It fast paced, challenging, tonnes of loots, tonnes of side quests and many more things to be done in the game. It just keeps getting more and more interesting. And the best part is, its mod-able and has so many great potentials. The developers marketing the game at $20 had definitely under priced it.
  30. Sep 24, 2012
    Every single red review mentions D3 at least once and was obviously made by a D3 fanboy. Don't listen to them. One of them was even going to give the game a 7 but instead gave it a ZERO because of all the tens T2 was getting. WHA??? What kind of insane logic is that? T2 takes everything from T1 and makes it better. EVERYTHING! But why take my word for it? IT ONLY COSTS $20! Go buyEvery single red review mentions D3 at least once and was obviously made by a D3 fanboy. Don't listen to them. One of them was even going to give the game a 7 but instead gave it a ZERO because of all the tens T2 was getting. WHA??? What kind of insane logic is that? T2 takes everything from T1 and makes it better. EVERYTHING! But why take my word for it? IT ONLY COSTS $20! Go buy it and find out for yourself. Anytime you find a $20 game that you would gladly pay $60 for, it's a good day. Expand
  31. Sep 25, 2012
    Torchlight II is the pc game of the year 2012. It slaps Diablo III in the face by doing things differently, yet it mimics some parts of the Diablo series. Which makes Torchlight II even more ridiculous yet wonderful. Its attitude is a bitter pill for Blizzard and its developers. And a blessing for the disappointed Diablo fans.
  32. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is why we love Runic.. (release day the servers were swamped and people flip out over nothing) It truly does Torchlight justice.. they took everything that was awesome and added the things all the fans asked for (coop/multi being one) making it what has to be the best game i purchased this year hands down. Runic shasres the love and not the greed for 20 bucks you simply cannotThis game is why we love Runic.. (release day the servers were swamped and people flip out over nothing) It truly does Torchlight justice.. they took everything that was awesome and added the things all the fans asked for (coop/multi being one) making it what has to be the best game i purchased this year hands down. Runic shasres the love and not the greed for 20 bucks you simply cannot beat it.
    TY Runic.. and to any fans of Torchlight or even Fate.. if you have'nt purchased it yet your missing an award winning rpg that has nailed it.
  33. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is what Diablo 3 should have been. Loot system is 10 times better, it actually has randomized maps, and just plays a ton better than D3 ever could.
  34. Sep 22, 2012
    This game embarrasses Diablo 3 on every level. For starters it's actually fun. Offline single player, actually fun loot drops, more interesting skill system, less annoying mechanics, etc. Yet it's only $20.
  35. Sep 21, 2012
    This is the quality dungeon crawler I was expecting from a certain other company..... T2 doesn't deviate too far from the sucessful recipe of the first. The scope of the missions and environments are broader and has a bit more polish. Well worth 20 bucks. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bypassed the whole Blizzard mess and stuck with Runic exclusively. It's a win.
  36. Sep 23, 2012
    After finishing this game with embermage I can safely say this is definitely tthe best game in the genre at the moment. It may have taken a decade, but something has finally dethroned Diablo II (and who better than a team heavy on former Blizzard North employees). There is literally nothing bad to be said about this game. The music and artstyle are top-notch, gameplay is solid and theAfter finishing this game with embermage I can safely say this is definitely tthe best game in the genre at the moment. It may have taken a decade, but something has finally dethroned Diablo II (and who better than a team heavy on former Blizzard North employees). There is literally nothing bad to be said about this game. The music and artstyle are top-notch, gameplay is solid and the multiplayer has LAN. Expand
  37. Sep 23, 2012
    Incredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and itIncredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and it clearly shows in their work here. Expand
  38. Sep 22, 2012
    Been waiting for the follow up on Diablo 2 and I finally have it! The game is exactly what you expect for a hack & slash game (what Diablo 3 should have been => Fun!) Didn't get a 10 only because the mutli-player interface/game play needs some work. You will definitely get your $20 out of this game. Can't wait to see future projects from this company.
  39. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight II is a aRPG brought to us by Runic Games, and for most of the negative reviews on here should know were former Blizzard North employees. Which means they were the creators of Diablo/Diablo II. This is not a "Diablo clone". Torchlight II is anything but, and in my opinion Blizzard should really stop and take notes on Torchlight II about everything that should have been in theTorchlight II is a aRPG brought to us by Runic Games, and for most of the negative reviews on here should know were former Blizzard North employees. Which means they were the creators of Diablo/Diablo II. This is not a "Diablo clone". Torchlight II is anything but, and in my opinion Blizzard should really stop and take notes on Torchlight II about everything that should have been in the atrocity, payoff on the name that was, and never should have been called Diablo III. Now that that's out of the way. Onto Torchlight II.

I'll start with the good. The soundtrack, by Matt Uelmen is nothing short of a masterpiece. Its rich, moody, and full of life. Runic Games have released it for a free download and I have been listening to it non-stop since. There isn't anything else to say but how well its written. There is nothing bad about the soundtrack whatsoever. I swear if I close my eyes and listen to it, I'm playing a *real* Diablo game.

The attributes, and skill points really add into the depth of how you want to play your character, not like other games that add points automatically. I like the challenge of sitting there second guessing about how or what I should build my character like. Its makes each character you create unique and special.

The loot is also great. If I could show you hours I spent in my inventory looking at loot to what I should be wearing it would rival my actual playing time. The amount of items you can get, from anything, monsters, quests, shops all make you stop and look at it. Borderlands 2 gets the record for most guns. Torchlight II should get the record for most loot.

Now, this isn't necessarily the *bad* its just things I think could have been better.

The graphics, as great of an art style they are just dont do it for me personally. I can stand to play it for hours, I just feel like to many games are learning in this direction. That WoW style cartoon graphics turns me off, but in its own way it works for Torchlight II.

The skills are plentiful, but quickly become boring quickly. I get mobbed and I find I'm still battling enemies mano a mano instead of tearing through them will fun AoE skills. I've been mainly using my same skills that I chose from the beginning and haven't really found those skills that get me excited to get to. Like a barb in Diablo II waiting to get to level 30 for whirlwind. Although there are lots for each class they don't seem all that interesting in their own right.

And finally, in my opinion the worst aspect of the game. The voice acting. I swear if I could keep a straight face while talking to the guardian of war it was a miracle. Most of the voice acting wasn't that great and sounded either way to produced, or not produced enough(sounds crazy, but its the best way to explain it). It sounded like they recorded them in someones bedroom. Diablo III does have one thing over Torchlight II and that's the voice acting.

All in all, every game like this will get compared to the Diablo series because they were the best. Don't get me wrong I *am* a blizzard fan, but Torchlight II really feels more at home and closer to the game I played back in 2000 than Diablo III ever did. I mean, the meta score speaks for itself. If anyone wants to feel a breath of nostalgia from their wasted childhood farming for loot like I did in Diablo II, than Torchlight II is the game for you.
  40. Sep 21, 2012
    It's just easy to say: That should have been in Diablo 3. All we loved in Diablo 2 is here in this game. Sure, graphics are more or less the same like in Torchlight 1, but who cares? Everybody, and i mean: Really everybody should be able to run this masterpiece. You don't need an hyper-pc to play, no. Runic made it playable for us all.

Just a quick summary: Runic aka ex Blizzard North:

Just a quick summary: Runic aka ex Blizzard North: You did all right! Sorry, can't write more - have to do some quests & hunting for better loot.
  41. Sep 22, 2012
    Really a fantastic game. It's funny, it's deep contrary to what some people say just to bash it, it's full or surprises, it's big, it's cheap in price but not in features.
  42. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm personally not a big fan of cartoony graphics style, but with the great gameplay it is easily overlooked and highly recommended. Not to mention the value is much greater than $20! Well worth playing, all 4 classes are really fun thus far (I'm in the teens in level on all 4). Then I'm looking forward to the replayability in the future through the mods!
  43. Sep 26, 2012
    The game torchlight 2 should of been. Fantastic on launch, great stable multiplayer. Extremely fun and entertaining. Enough variety to keep you going for hours. Launch price was a instabuy.
  44. Sep 21, 2012
    With all the new things added, this is a very worthy sequel to Torchlight and the true spiritual successor of Diablo. Nothing beats charging the Charge Bar, killing a Boss with it and swimming in its loot afterwards.
  45. Sep 22, 2012
    Not only this game has more depth and content than Diablo 3 in every way possible, but it also has mod tools and you can play offline singleplayer...For only 20 euros. One of the best games this year
  46. Sep 22, 2012
    + its runic, + theres a demo (and its a decent one), + interesting classes, + great loot, + pets, + replayability, + no drm, + $20!! (THANK you for NOT jumping on the stupid $60 bandwagon), + its on steam, + moddable!, + no internet required... - ummmm.... I had to stop playing to go to work. This game focuses on FUN, not soaking players. Blizzard could learn a lot from this game and+ its runic, + theres a demo (and its a decent one), + interesting classes, + great loot, + pets, + replayability, + no drm, + $20!! (THANK you for NOT jumping on the stupid $60 bandwagon), + its on steam, + moddable!, + no internet required... - ummmm.... I had to stop playing to go to work. This game focuses on FUN, not soaking players. Blizzard could learn a lot from this game and Guild Wars 2, which are going to eat Blizzard's lunch. Expand
  47. Sep 22, 2012
    I recommend this game for everyone, who like hack and slash. There are not so many similar games, and only few are made with such love and quality. Pure action, tons of loot, good randomizer, amazing soundtrack, four different classes with several different builds, co-op, new game +... for 20$! If you are still reading this, instead of buying TL2, then you have no conscience or you justI recommend this game for everyone, who like hack and slash. There are not so many similar games, and only few are made with such love and quality. Pure action, tons of loot, good randomizer, amazing soundtrack, four different classes with several different builds, co-op, new game +... for 20$! If you are still reading this, instead of buying TL2, then you have no conscience or you just don't like ARPG. Expand
  48. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received someTorchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received some tweaks, character stats available through the character screen are more clear and much more exposed. Each class has MANY more unique skills at its disposal, and most skills scale well with gear stats or bonuses so you don't have the many "dud" skills of the first game. :) Torchlight 2 is a cleaner, visibly more refined, bigger and badder Torchlight and is what the original game deserved to be. Runic hit the nail square on the head with this one. Expand
  49. Sep 21, 2012
    My experience with games of this type runs deep in my blood. I enjoyed diablo and diablo 2 thoroughly during my childhood and then again during high school years. I went as far as to buy diablo 3 on release day. Well I consider this time pretty much wasted. I finished diablo 3 on normal difficulty and there was no real incentive for me to sink in more hours, since I felt that slaughteringMy experience with games of this type runs deep in my blood. I enjoyed diablo and diablo 2 thoroughly during my childhood and then again during high school years. I went as far as to buy diablo 3 on release day. Well I consider this time pretty much wasted. I finished diablo 3 on normal difficulty and there was no real incentive for me to sink in more hours, since I felt that slaughtering all those beasts wasn't worth it. Diablo 3 is a dumb down game for the masses and people who never experienced these kind of games. Torchlight 2 on other hand is one of those game that you feel the climate I would say similar to diablo 1 despite its cartoony graphics. Since I fired the game I played until I got to lv20 and had 4hr of sleep left before work:D. I would say it was worth it. While diablo 3 disappointed me in all areas torchlight 2 rose and nailed my expectations and then some. Seriously I would buy it for twice as much. Since $20 is nothing compared to paying $60 for diablo 3 which I wont touch ever again. Expand
  50. Sep 21, 2012
    Runic Games are the blue collar developers of this generation, they care about the consumer and want to make the best games possible, profits are the least of their concerns and it shows. Torchlight II is incredibly good value for money as you will easily enjoy it regardless of who you are. It offers many versatile experiences and endless potential to waste hours and hours into. If yourRunic Games are the blue collar developers of this generation, they care about the consumer and want to make the best games possible, profits are the least of their concerns and it shows. Torchlight II is incredibly good value for money as you will easily enjoy it regardless of who you are. It offers many versatile experiences and endless potential to waste hours and hours into. If your going to buy one game this year, make sure it is this. Everyone seems to be comparing it to Diablo 3, which is stupid as this game had less than 40 people working on it compared to over 1,000 at Blizzard. It had a budget of less than $10,000,000 compared to Diablo's $100,000,000, it was under development for 24 months compared to Diablo; which was under development for 72 months. Torchlight offers much, much more content with infinite possibilities for a 3rd of the price. It would rate higher if it supported better graphical options. Expand
  51. Sep 21, 2012
    The ARPG is alive and well with Runic games. They understand what fans of the genre want. They aren't hell bent on draining their customer's pockets dry. During the TL2 development process I was kept aware of all the bells and whistles that were going to be in the game. I kept a level head because I knew that based on that other game that came out in May, that promises aren't alwaysThe ARPG is alive and well with Runic games. They understand what fans of the genre want. They aren't hell bent on draining their customer's pockets dry. During the TL2 development process I was kept aware of all the bells and whistles that were going to be in the game. I kept a level head because I knew that based on that other game that came out in May, that promises aren't always kept. Needless to say I was quite pleased with the final product. It's everything I was hoping for in an ARPG.

PROS: Customizable characters that don't feel like clones of other players
    A huge open world to explore
    A great music score
    Skill tress that actually offer usefull skills
    Character level cap at 100
    Local or online multiplayer
    $20 price tag

CONS:

I've experienced some choppy game play here and there but it could very well be my PC
    Normal mode tends to be too easy but if you've played TL1 then you know what to expect
    Only 4 classes
  52. Sep 21, 2012
    Everybody knows Super Mario Bros. is a copy of Pitfall. Call of Duty series are obvious a rip off from Wolfenstein 3D, and surely Torchlight is just a cartoonish diablo, isn't it? /sarcasm

The game is really great to what it proposes to do. It's not as immersive, dark and deep as Diablo 3. Runic staff according to the credits are just around 50 people, but they achieved a new level designing this game, that is comparable to the 12min. credits staff from D3.

The game is good, but not perfect. High replayability, I finished once and I'm planning to do more 4 or 5 times because the game offers multiple biuldings and the player itself controls when and where the points os Ex should be distributed. No need to be online 100% of the time. Runs on netbooks and cheap computers. It's way better than its predecessor, multiple sidequests, wide areas to explore and great Boss fights.

Don't expect a complicated game with a deep story. That's the big flaw I found, the story is way to simple. If you just focus on loot and hack´n slash you will really enjoy the game. The cartoonish graphics may frustrate some people who thinks a good game is made of realism. But, to me it fits perfect to the series and they make the game run even on calculators because they are really light.

The variety of mods it may have will probably increase the replay. And... Multiplayer online certainly is nice. The only problem is that the players must have a balanced level. 4 levels hight or lower may cause trouble because the changes on enemies stats by level is considerable.

Its good and is not a rip off. The atmosphere, pet system, fishing, classes and weapons types are way different from other similar action RPGs. It's not a Katamary Damacy when it comes to originality, but is really different . Flaws are the shallow history and the small box to store shared goods between characters (it should have twice the size IMO).
  53. Sep 21, 2012
    Really wish I didn't waste my money on Diablo III; Blizzard is dead and this game shows exactly what an ARPG should be like. No AH/RMAH gives this game an actual reward for playing. To Blizzard: Screw you.
  54. Sep 22, 2012
    please don't look at this as some diablo clone it has similarities but thats because some members of the development team worked at blizzard north they worked on diablo 1 and 2 but other then that this game is amazing especially for the sweet deal of 20 dollars!!!!yes!only 20 dollars i reccomend you buy this and they're releasing a mod tool and the creator of torchlight even encouragedplease don't look at this as some diablo clone it has similarities but thats because some members of the development team worked at blizzard north they worked on diablo 1 and 2 but other then that this game is amazing especially for the sweet deal of 20 dollars!!!!yes!only 20 dollars i reccomend you buy this and they're releasing a mod tool and the creator of torchlight even encouraged people to remake diablo 2 using the mod tool this will pro long the games life immensely and also the graphics are great and gameplay is smooth the loot system is rewarding i doubt this game will dissapoint you if you're an ARPG fan so please go out and buy this!oh and also it has 6 player online co-op single player and LAN and also no real money auction house LOL Expand
  55. Sep 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's really amazing! 10/10! This is what everyone was waiting on Diablo 3. And even more! Torchlight 2 more beautiful, more interesting, more thoughtful. And also in contrast to Diablo 3 does not require a top-end PC. This is - the best that happened to the genre aRPG Expand
  56. Sep 23, 2012
    In my opinion this is what diablo 3 should have been. Everything about this game is great, from the cheap price, to the flashy skills, to the variety of gameplay and enemies. The only downside is it can be a bit fiddly for some people to play online, but that's my only gripe.
  57. Sep 29, 2012
    This game is what Diablo 3 should have been. There is nothing else that needs to be said but Metacritic has a 150 minimum character requirement. The difficulty is more consistent than Diablo 3 and the game is not afraid to challenge you. The skill trees (yes, there are skill trees) are well thought out and reward focusing your point distributions. The loot is copious, the enemy varietyThis game is what Diablo 3 should have been. There is nothing else that needs to be said but Metacritic has a 150 minimum character requirement. The difficulty is more consistent than Diablo 3 and the game is not afraid to challenge you. The skill trees (yes, there are skill trees) are well thought out and reward focusing your point distributions. The loot is copious, the enemy variety refreshing, and the gameplay is like crack cocaine. Get over the cartoony look, get over the generic story and buy this game and play it. Expand
  58. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is absolutely brilliant, I enjoy it very much, however it crashed earlier when I quit an online game and it made my monitor go black and I had to reset my PC. When I got back on all my data was gone. I wanted to start over anyway but if this happens on my new character I will be very upset.
  59. Sep 23, 2012
    Simply awesome! For those of us who have played the original Torchlight, this game is everything we wanted in a sequel. More towns, expansive maps, tons of loot, fluid and gorgeous graphics .. what more do you want. I don't own Diablo III and I have no plays on purchasing it either. THIS is the game I've been waiting for and I'm glad Runic waited until the bugs were worked out beforeSimply awesome! For those of us who have played the original Torchlight, this game is everything we wanted in a sequel. More towns, expansive maps, tons of loot, fluid and gorgeous graphics .. what more do you want. I don't own Diablo III and I have no plays on purchasing it either. THIS is the game I've been waiting for and I'm glad Runic waited until the bugs were worked out before releasing this gem of a game. Well, I'm done with my review and am now getting ready for more Torchlight fun :) Expand
  60. Sep 22, 2012
    ive enojyed this game more in the first 30 minutes than i did Diablo 3 up to the skeleton King in the guest pass.

Pros :>Offline mode (no need to worry about if your net goes down, your safe) :>Character personalisation that has consequences , so the game is replayable multiple times, not just once and youve seen it all like Diablo 3. :> Lagg free :> character classes and loot are perfectly balanced :> PVP straight away,, no need to wait for a year :> Pets are so much fun and fishing is a great little side thing to do, now theres more pets :> 30+ hours just in 1 play through....that is awesome. Seriously there isnt many cons.

Diablo 3 is cartoony anyway. So for those that want more Diablo 2 gameplay , offline mode and consequences for your actions, get this. If you like everything on a plate for you and boring replayability and loot whoring only, get Diablo 3. But this game trumps Diablo 3 in so many ways just in gameplay standards and its innovative in good ways not accessible, user friendly ways.. People **** that its cartoony, Diablo 3 is ALSO cartoony. One of the reasons i was PISSED off with Diablo 3 is because it was cartoony. Hopefully Runic games decides to make the next adult ARPG and this time make it realistic graphics like Diablo 2 and make an Adult ARPG that wows us. So far i dont see any faults in this game.
  61. Sep 24, 2012
    I really wanted to like Diablo III, but it just didn't hook me. I like Torchlight II better.

That said, I feel like the series -- a Diablo clone from the beginning -- is making some of the very same mistakes Diablo franchise made. I loved the original Diablo as a kid, and even in retrospect I really admire its elegant simplicity: A single town, and a single, massive,

I loved the original Diablo as a kid, and even in retrospect I really admire its elegant simplicity: A single town, and a single, massive, randomly-generated dungeon. When Diablo II came out, I enjoyed it but felt like it kind of lost its way -- By adding multiple towns and outdoor areas, it kind of felt like it was trying too hard to be a "real" RPG.

So when Torchlight came out over a decade later, I was in nostalgic heaven. It recaptured the spirit of the original Diablo better than any game since the original Diablo. One town, one massive, randomly generated dungeon. Yeah, this is what a dungeon crawler is supposed to be.

Now, Torchlight II is out -- and it follows in the disappointing footsteps of Diablo II. Well, I say "disappointing," but I don't honestly have any better ideas. If they made another single-town game, it would essentially be the exact same game, and that would leave me underwhelmed too.

So, yeah. It's a good game. And in many ways it's closer to what I hoped Diablo III would be than Diablo III. It definitely warrants a score in the green range. But it's not without its shortcomings.
  62. Sep 21, 2012
    Loot that you can actually use. Offline mode. Writing that isn't so bad its painful and you wonder how the writer kept his job. Fun bosses. Replay value. A great price. Doesn't butcher the universe made by previous entries. It just washes the bad taste of that other game right out of your mouth.
  63. Sep 22, 2012
    this is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game justthis is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game just makes me puke. sure they changed it now so its more like torchlight II; how original. Expand
  64. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 shows where the talent from Blizzard North really ended up. Graphics are clean and fluid. Gameplay is challenging and satisfying from the first hour and the loot hunt will keep you coming back. Torchlight 2 understands that the loot is the main focus of this genre and oh, have they delivered. Don't be a fool, buy this game now if you consider yourself a fan of ARPGs.
  65. Sep 22, 2012
    I've played every Blizzard title, and I'm very impressed with this small group of indie developers and some Ex-Blizz North employees. From the music to the levels, bosses and character customization a true gem and worth EVERY penny.
  66. Sep 22, 2012
    As someone who played D3 and loves the franchise...lets take a moment and not compare the two, which is what a majority of the people are doing. Lets look at T2 as it's own entity, which is exactly what it is.

Frankly, the game is fun. Serious? Not really. Competitive? Not really. But if you're looking for another 20 dollar game that you can play with your friends for hours on end, then good luck.

I mean, for its price, it's moronic to give the game anything less then a 7, it doesn't dissapoint. The amount of sheet content is flabbergasting for a 20 dollar game, not to mention its future modding capabilities which gives you limitless additions to the game. It's a breath of fresh air in today's gaming world.

As said earlier, the game is flat out fun. The elites are challenging and rewarding to kill and a large focus of the game is to enter dungeons and kill the main boss in there, thus rewarding you with a large supply of loot at the end. In the end, that's what a dungeon crawler is all about, crawling through dungeons and getting awesome rewards.

Challenging? Oh my yes. This really isn't the best solo game, if you have no friends then go join a game with REAL people and make some. I play with 2 of my friends, soon to be a full party of 4, playing on veteran. We are only at about lvl 20 at the moment but there are many times we have to be strategic so that we don't completely wipe during a dungeon. Last night we spent a good hour theory crafting our builds so that we weren't so squishy. Yes, it is cartoonie, but that's the style, if you don't like it then don't get the game.

Did I say that there was a lot of content? I have played the first act about 3 times now and although the concept of ares is the same (same dungeons same quests) the areas I find them in and the paths to traverse through them are vastly different. I could go on and on about how much I enjoy the game but to be honest, you need to try it for yourself. The game is only 20 friggilin dollars and I bet you will get at LEAST 100+ hours on it, more then likely way more. Also 20 bucks that all of your (very picky friends) will all play with you is hard to find. In fact I purchased the 4 pack of T2 for 60 bucks and my friends just paid me the difference. A game all your friends can play on different computers for the price of one Xbox game, it's insanity.

Try it, you have very little to lose. You get a game that you can play multiplayer, online, offline and modded. If you love RPGs and dungeon crawlers you have to give it a shot.
  67. Sep 22, 2012
    Before I give you my honest opinion about TL 2 I would like to say that so far I have played almost all ARPG from the days of Diablo 1, including mods. That being said I think I will have fair comparing references at least how I experience them.

Also I would like to point out that atm my highest char is Outlander lvl. 38 and just finished act 2, so my review will lack fair judgment about end game, but considering the fact that in the near future there will be released powerful modding tool end game will become "endless". If I can compare original D2 and LoD with mods that were made for that game, I would say that mods easily and clearly was far better than original some with 100x more crafting recipes new skills , new bosses, new maps new sets new runes and new unique items.

So I do not have any doubt that some mods would expand TL2 far beyond where it is now.

But let me explain to you why I gave score 10. (Although to be fair right score would be 9.7 but there were no option for be more precise )
    Game balance so far- almost perfect. Playing on Normal and although start of game felt rather easy, later on you still can die if you are not investing in better armor or defensive skills.
    For those that feel like Normal is to easy, there are two stronger difficulties that one could choose from the very beginning.

Actions you perform on keyboard and reactions-results on screen feels just right.
    Light effects and dead animations are impressive and if you are playing alone or in team of two it may be just right amount of those. To be fair I can imagine that with 5-6 ppl all casting-using skills spells all light show may become a little to much.

Crafting system so far feels simple and rewarding.
    Maps are neither to big or to small and never boring. And randomization works quite well.
    Graphic is quite simple and "cartoon-ish" and to be fair graphically D3 feels much more rich.
    However, most of the peoples agree that game-play is most important and TL 2 have very solid one.

Customization of skill builds are great and will add to replayability.
    Music - master pieces
    Price - very cheep for what you get

However TL 2 is not the best game for peoples that want total respeccing ( although as soon Modding tool is out day after it will be some respeccing potion I guess ).
    Neither this game is for people that would like to play with game economy , like AH and real money.
    Also players that like to be the only one who got the biggest sword in the game and to show it proudly off around may find that TL 2 is not best for them.

But for all others that enjoy hack and slash and at the same time like to have have a lot of shiny loot, who like crafting and building different class builds I would definitely recommend TL2.
    Although game is not revolutionary it is rather "old school" at it's best.

Considering that Tl 2 was made in 2,5 year and only from team made of30 ppl it is nothing short of impressive.

For truly ARPG fans, don't miss TL 2 is IMHO one of best ARPG ever
  68. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is the new Diablo 3. Like many, I was disappointed by Diablo III but Torchlight 2 has officially got me back into hack 'n slash games. This game is what I dreamed Diablo III was going to be like. This game has no reason to get a negative score... The loot system is amazing.

Looking for a cheap hack 'n slash game? Purchase this game.. You will not be disappointed.
  69. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm a long time Diablo player, from chapter 1, to chapter 3, and I've played the first Torchlight as well. Believe me when i say that this is really the spiritual heir of Diablo 1 and 2. The only reason i don't give this jewel a 10/10 is the graphical compartment, that honestly could ba a little better and a little more "dark". Well spent 20 bucks!
  70. Sep 22, 2012
    Amazing game!! 10 out of 10!!! The PvP is so fun to play around with and its just a really really well done game, you can tell Runic really put there hearts and soul into making this and we get to sit back and enjoy it............"throws diablo 3 in the trash"
  71. Sep 22, 2012
    Just great. That's all I wanted from a hack'n slay. Multiplayer mode is just awesome. And it's open for modding - I guess we can expect a lot of fun in the future... :)
  72. Sep 22, 2012
    Furiously clicking on things has never been better. YES VIDEO GAMES PLAYING IS GLORIOUS FREEDOM. TORCHFIRE 2 IS GAME OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR FROM TIME IMMEMORIAL TO THE END OF ALL DAYS
  73. Sep 22, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quiteA true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quite amazing. Each class has its own set spells and unlike Torchlight 1, the classes don't share any skills. What does this mean for you? A plethora of customization options! You could opt to play an Engineer as a unstoppable tank, or a support with many bots and gadgets at your disposal, or a hammer wielding hero that destroys anything in its path. The choices and builds you can make are endless. On the top of my head, I can already think of FIVE, yes FIVE, different builds for the Engineer that are not only viable but fun as well and I'm sure there's other people who've thought of builds I haven't consider yet. What can you expect from each class? You can expect no less than five different ways to play. The world is very open and beautiful. It rotates from grass levels, to snow, to desert and all around beautiful combined with great musical pieces. Another aspect of the game that is fantastic is the fact that the boss fights are VERY FUN and ENGAGING. Co-op is simply fantastic. You can play with 5 of your friends or random people and crawl through the toughest dungeons, with each person using their class in a different way, this is bound to be fun for everyone. The loot is fantastic, there's so much of it its great and you get a feel of SATISFACTION each time you get a piece. There's also mods mods mods. Really there's so much great about this game Expand
  74. Sep 23, 2012
    Torchlight 2 embodies everything Diablo 3 should have been. The games graphics may seem a bit odd but it actually suits the game very well with plenty of blood drenching the scenery during battles too. You are able to fully control your characters build, including its stat point distribution, and each character has multiple weapon types to compliment different builds - you're not stuckTorchlight 2 embodies everything Diablo 3 should have been. The games graphics may seem a bit odd but it actually suits the game very well with plenty of blood drenching the scenery during battles too. You are able to fully control your characters build, including its stat point distribution, and each character has multiple weapon types to compliment different builds - you're not stuck with just one weapon type (like a two handed axe for an engineer or a two handed Staff for an Ember Mage) for each character there are different options which will certainly allow you to strengthen your chosen build. Looting is a major part of Torchlight 2, which in this kind of game should always be the case, and with plenty of specials, mini bosses, Large open landscapes crawling with monsters and side quests as well as the main plot line and bosses - the game is full of challenges to keep the player busy.

And of course you are able to play offline, over LAN or over the Internet so you are not forced to play a non-MMO with MMO security. This game, in my opinion, captures everything that games of this genre are about - adds a little extra magic - and then presents it to you brilliantly.
  75. Sep 23, 2012
    Excellent game from excellent developers. Already put 35hours into the game and i'm really excited. The fluidity of the gameplay is perfect, there's a lot but not too much loot, you can gamble, enchant your equipment, you can specc your char and have real chararcter progression. There's plenty to do all the time besides killing: a bit of fishing, planning your build/stats/talents, exploreExcellent game from excellent developers. Already put 35hours into the game and i'm really excited. The fluidity of the gameplay is perfect, there's a lot but not too much loot, you can gamble, enchant your equipment, you can specc your char and have real chararcter progression. There's plenty to do all the time besides killing: a bit of fishing, planning your build/stats/talents, explore the map and be rewarded for it (find phasebeasts which open portals to unique challenge areas; find new quests which give fame) and so forth.

I can really recommend the game to everyone, which loved D2. Once again you got this sense of replayability. The combat is a little bit hectic sometimes, but you'll get used to it pretty fast.

Have fun with this nice hack n' slay!
  76. Sep 24, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo. The art is a bit cartoony, but otherwise it seems to be on par with Diablo II in terms of depth and fun-factor and surpasses all Action RPGs with it's smooth, slick and rewarding combat. On top of its initial appeal, it looks like there's a ton of room for meaningful build customization. I would much rather have spent $60 on this game than the one IA true spiritual successor to Diablo. The art is a bit cartoony, but otherwise it seems to be on par with Diablo II in terms of depth and fun-factor and surpasses all Action RPGs with it's smooth, slick and rewarding combat. On top of its initial appeal, it looks like there's a ton of room for meaningful build customization. I would much rather have spent $60 on this game than the one I bought a few months ago. This is the real deal. I would dock it a point for minor issues, but it's $20 and it was just launched. I have no complaints. Expand
  77. Sep 25, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a great game for it's price.Everything has changed from the first chapter,graphics,maps,boss mechanics all improved.Runic Games did really a great job
  78. Sep 25, 2012
    I Loved Diablo 1, I loved Diablo 2. After seeing the slow decline in Blizzard since Warcraft 3, I did not pursue interest in Diablo 3 after many things I saw implemented into the game system that really killed it for me. I played Torchlight 1 and was not impressed, then along came Torchlight 2, and I am: as many would put it, IMPRESSED!!
    Take What made Diablo 2 fun and update it by
    Take What made Diablo 2 fun and update it by removing the tedium (selling junk, using potions and inventory management)

While for some the graphics may seem childlike, I could agree, at first. But honestly when I am running a steady 60+ FPS with never any slowdown or graphical glitches, it can look like mine craft for all I care and is something that is easily looked past within the first hour of play.

The story is intriguing and the voice acting acceptable for today's standards. It won't blow you away, but it will rarely (if ever) make you cringe.

Loot seems right on top for how often a blue drops you may enjoy using to a unique, or even a green.
    You'll find yourself harken back to the days of Diablo 2 trying to finish that awesome set for the bonuses, or grinding away to find embers (socketables).

Character customization is here, and gladly accepted. Diablo 3 and all games seem to treat us gamers like complete idiots and dumb down intricate systems of customization, not here. You tailor your stats and then create your build, no two builds are the same due to the amount of options per class.

Bottom line, for 20 dollars, this is the BEST investment you could make if you enjoy the A-RPG genre, another major factor why I couldn't justify shelling out $60 to Blizzard for Diablo 3.

And of course, why is this game a spiritual successor to Diablo 2? Well Matt Uelman of course. During your play you can almost hear bits of the music give you a taste of Diablo 2 and 1.

The ace in the whole for the entire series was lost when Blizzard North got decimated and they lost Matt Uelman, look no further, he's here, he's alive...in Torchlight 2.
  79. Oct 3, 2012
    Outstanding ARPG Dungeon Crawler. 20 Bucks is such a low price for the games worth. I would pay a full 60 for this. Having a blast. Def check this game out.
  80. Sep 30, 2012
    My Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, thereMy Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, there is no other way to describe it. I don't understand how Blizzard took some 10 years to release a $60 game that failed so badly, while Runic took less than 3 years to release a $20 game that is universally loved. I feel sorry for all the people that were pulled into Diablo 3 by all the nostalgia only to find a real money pay to win auction house, and a constantly online DRM system designed to punish people that actually bought the game. Runic really likes their fans, and everything about Torchlight II shows that they really listen to them. Thank you Runic for showing the world how game companies are supposed to operate. Blizzard may have made more money by selling fake nostalgia, but Runic gained a lot more fans by selling a real product. Expand
  81. Sep 24, 2012
    I honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see inI honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see in another RPG.Do not listen to the people boycotting this game and saying it's bad and it doesn't offer a challenge because they are obviously great big liars who couldn't have seen anything relevant in the game since it's release.They are making up half of the bad observations on it just because they are butt-hurt over people saying it's better then diablo 3 which in my opinion is not far fetched at all.The music and scenery in the game is beautiful as expected and the boss fights are amazing too.I urge the diablo 3 and blizzard fan(atic)s to please leave this game alone and mind your own business.We don't go on diablo 3's score and unfairly rate it without having even played it,buy the game and actually play it please and then come here and rate it honestly if you want to appear credible because honestly so far I haven't seen to many honest bad reviews. Expand
  82. Sep 25, 2012
    This is what D3 should have been. I highly suggest you buy the four pack on steam and play co-op with your friends. I had so much fun exploring the game and having FUN I lost track of time and here I am burning a sick day from work. :)
  83. Sep 22, 2012
    Top game. I give it a 10 because all those Blizzard fans, who think Blizzard still even cares to continue the Dialbo 1-2 ideology with Diablo 3, gave this game negative critics. This game has a lot of effort behind it, developers are genuine and they have considered a lot of stuff for us fans, not for their pocket like the guys at Blizzard. A game is only as good as its developers valueTop game. I give it a 10 because all those Blizzard fans, who think Blizzard still even cares to continue the Dialbo 1-2 ideology with Diablo 3, gave this game negative critics. This game has a lot of effort behind it, developers are genuine and they have considered a lot of stuff for us fans, not for their pocket like the guys at Blizzard. A game is only as good as its developers value their player base and TL series is certainly in this good categorie, opposite of money hungry Blizzard. If I had the money I would even buy 10-15 copies of this game and send them to my friends! I am an avid ARPG fan who has been playing RPGs for 10 years. Expand
  84. Sep 22, 2012
    I was really worried about this game because it was getting so much hype, just like diablo 3 and you saw what happened to diablo...As well as the graphics being an alternative cartoony style which can be an indicator that the game creators are just lazy. But i was pretty dam wrong. Hell i think im just going to do what everyone else has done and compare it to diablo 3. The combat is great,I was really worried about this game because it was getting so much hype, just like diablo 3 and you saw what happened to diablo...As well as the graphics being an alternative cartoony style which can be an indicator that the game creators are just lazy. But i was pretty dam wrong. Hell i think im just going to do what everyone else has done and compare it to diablo 3. The combat is great, monsters are very satisfying to kill, like in diablo 3 except in torchlight you now actually have a hope of getting good loot! Unlike diablo 3 where even after you killed a major boss at the end of the chapter, which would usually be a massive demon, the highest you could hope for was a slightly rare item which likely wont be as good as your common item....Torchlight also uses the classic skill tree, where you simply spend point to increase abilities, stats giving you're character some uniqueness, again unlike diablo where every barbarian is identical. So do get it if you like dungeon crawlers, would give it 10 but I have only played one class and not even for that long. And as others have said don't worry about the negative reviews there simply diablo fan boys, just read their reviews its pretty clear. Expand
  85. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a wonderful game. The environments are beautiful, music is phenomenal, game play is fantastic, and the loot is nothing short of amazing. You can definitely see the level of polish Runic put on this product before shipping. My wife and I have played approximately 10 hours of LAN play together (thank you or the LAN option!) and we are have a great time together. I wouldTorchlight 2 is a wonderful game. The environments are beautiful, music is phenomenal, game play is fantastic, and the loot is nothing short of amazing. You can definitely see the level of polish Runic put on this product before shipping. My wife and I have played approximately 10 hours of LAN play together (thank you or the LAN option!) and we are have a great time together. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a ARPG/dungeon crawler fan. You don't want to miss this one. Expand
  86. Sep 22, 2012
    While not perfect, it's not far from it, excellent side quests, great game-play and in depth character customisation. And when the inevitable Diablo 3 comparison comes up Torchlight 2 wins over in many, many ways. Not hard to see why it sells so well, Item system bares note in that it can be a little confusing at first and the story is a little odd so far, but still one of the best gamesWhile not perfect, it's not far from it, excellent side quests, great game-play and in depth character customisation. And when the inevitable Diablo 3 comparison comes up Torchlight 2 wins over in many, many ways. Not hard to see why it sells so well, Item system bares note in that it can be a little confusing at first and the story is a little odd so far, but still one of the best games so far this year. Expand
  87. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight II has been a long awaited, fulfilling and not stop action packed game. I could say it gets better with age because as you level you find yourself becoming more and more amazed at the variances in loot, monsters and skills that become available to you. Runic games deserves a standing ovation for this incredible work of art that I cannot stop playing.
  88. Sep 22, 2012
    Awesome game. Love the gameplay and the loot system. Is a must have if you love ARPG type games. High paced and no boring grind fest like Diablo 3.... In Torchlight 2 you actually play for fun, not to grind 10m gold to attempt to bid on 1 slightly better item...
  89. Sep 22, 2012
    I thought the break-away from the 'realistic' graphic style was going to detract from my experience. But the level of details they went into in this game, combined with the successful models for loot and dungeon randomization, results in a worthy sequel and a good, solid ARPG that makes the loot grind worth it. Get it. Got it? Good.
  90. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm quite proud to say that this is the only ARPG that does and will have me continually coming back. During classes I would be anticipating getting out just so I could play in between them and after the day had ended. Now that the weekend is here, I have found myself playing nearly all day.

Apart from its highly addictive quality for someone who has never really been addicted to ARPGs, Runic simply did EVERYTHING else right! Attack animations are beautiful along with the environment (the randomization in this game is GREAT) and creature design. The pacing at which everything is done is fantastic as you move at a blazing pace through the world in a way that does not make the game feel rushed, only action packed. Spells firing in a splendor of just-the-right-amount-of-color-ridden awesomeness makes you really feel like you're accomplishing some feats of strength!

And how about that LOOT! Itemization in this game is entirely stupendous. At level 3 I was already having to debate a decision between two items. So many of the items feel very useful and viable in some way. The rate at which yellow rare items (uniques) drop is just right so far. Just long enough between intervals to where you're hoping for one yet not long enough to where you want to give up. Then there's the rush about whether or not when you identify that it will be useful for your class. I've found that if a unique is not what my current char needs, then it usually is useful for one of my others. Items have very interesting affixes as well.

Difficulty has been ramped up since the first game. Unfortunately the only way to accurately judge if you've chosen the right difficulty is to get to the very last of A1/ beginning of A2 as that is a much more accurate representation of what you will be facing for your difficulty choice. I thought veteran was going to be just barely too easy. . . and then Act II came and put up quite the challenge (possibly even a bit too much for me!)

The polish time spent on this game that pushed the date back was well worth it. So far, in terms of a patch wish list, the only thing I can think that I would want is just a few ui additions (which can also be easily modded, another great feature for the game's longevity). There's nothing wrong with the UI that is there, but a few cool additions would be neat. Not an improvement to other features, but additions of new ones.

Overall, runic really outdid themselves. There is a reason why this game is getting such grand scores from metacritic and professional reviewers. . . and it's because it rocks...real hard. While the game is worth a 60$ price tag you can essentially steal it for the price of 20$!! Wow! For a wonderful little 'box' of fun, just go and buy it! You will not regret it. :)

[And remember, you can like both Diablo III and Torchlight 2! ;) Even though I do prefer TL2 significantly more, these games can live in peace with each other!]
  91. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is pure gold. Awesome, dynamic and exciting combat, tons of options with skills and items, enormous locations. By the way, locations are way ahead of those in Torchlight 1, more beautiful and detailed not just a bunch of square rooms. Also there is some unique stuff going on in some locations, so Runic made a huge improvement on the game world. So, Torchlight 2 is superb, andThis game is pure gold. Awesome, dynamic and exciting combat, tons of options with skills and items, enormous locations. By the way, locations are way ahead of those in Torchlight 1, more beautiful and detailed not just a bunch of square rooms. Also there is some unique stuff going on in some locations, so Runic made a huge improvement on the game world. So, Torchlight 2 is superb, and even if you happen to dislike something about it then you can wait for some cool mods to appear. Expand
  92. Sep 24, 2012
    Better then Diablo 3 for the third of the price. Those who like the gameplay of diablo 1 and 2 gonna prefer Torchlight series because it look more like it. One little problem: Normal mode is a little too easy. So if you have play other hack and slash, play at veteran level of difficulty.
  93. Sep 26, 2012
    OK, I must confess I was only going for a 9.5 for TL2, but can only go whole numbers, so 10 / 10 it is. At first it's a bit cartoony to me, but get use to it pretty quick. The game play / boss / drops / offline / character designs.... are all great. Have been trying all the characters and didn't mind to run through the same quests again for all of them. One thing I would like to have isOK, I must confess I was only going for a 9.5 for TL2, but can only go whole numbers, so 10 / 10 it is. At first it's a bit cartoony to me, but get use to it pretty quick. The game play / boss / drops / offline / character designs.... are all great. Have been trying all the characters and didn't mind to run through the same quests again for all of them. One thing I would like to have is the ability to re-do an act so I can get the different pieces of the quest rewards! Not that's a big issues, just a personal thing for wanting to collect all the pieces (if I can). There's a slight bug / issue I have with the game, sometimes the mobs are off screen and literally becomes invisible but they can still attack you from that range. Not a big issue, but would be great if that's fixed. Actually there's another thing, would be great to respec more than 3 skill points (I don't mind using the console for the respec-potion though). Ah, and music / sound effect is great!
    I like the different magics / skill / gameplay / random dungeons at the end. Look forward for more patch / expansion / contents later, although even without them, I'll probably be playing for at least the next 6 months or so. =P

Awesome game for $20! It's almost a steal (buyer's advantage) . Must try for anyone that likes the ARPG genre.
  94. Sep 21, 2012
    This game brings back the key components of classic ARPGs and gives them a good polish. The combat is fast-paced, heavy, and seamless. Character customization and the loot mechanics are also very well done. Coupled with the ability to support mods, this game is gearing up to be one of the most versatile games of this generation.
  95. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Torchlight 2 is a really good game, that has inherited many aspects from Diablo 2. Maybe even more than the famous diablo 3. The gameplay is fast, with much exploration enriched by sequences of fights that keep always the fun at high scores. The 4 classes are fairly customizable in gender and looks, and their skill trees are really classic in structure but really fun to try.
    The maps and the dungeons are really well done, with forests, deserts, and other environments large enough to permit a fun exploration. They are randomized in structure enough to resemble always new to explore any time you start a new game or reroll the map in an internet play through, but you won't meet random generation inside the dungeons (no forests generated underneath a crypt, no castles underneath a cave and so on) like it happened in Torchlight 1. Everything has its place and a logic behind.
    The music and overall sounds are very pleasant to hear, with a more modern style if compared to the ones of diablo 3.
    It seems to me that the first Torchlight episode could have been a kind of try, in order to study a new graphic style, but with a very classical game play. And Torchlight 2 is the "real" Torchlight game, with all the good ideas and experiences linked together in an almost perfect new "old-style" action rpg.
    Even the co-op multiplayer is really fun to play, with friends or newcomers. There is no problem with the loot sharing, in fact the loot is instanced and when you kill a mob or open a stash everyone has his own loot, invisible to the other players. The final verdict is: this game is one of the best experiences you can have in gaming at a really fair price: 20$. Go get it!
  96. Sep 28, 2012
    Amazing game. It is the game Diablo 3 suposed to be. When you start playing you totaly forget about time. You feel like you have been playing for 30 minutes and it's 3 hours. Worth every penny.
  97. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is awesome. Runic Games got it right,,,,the game is just plain fun to play. Unlike Diablo 3 this game is a joy to play and it's just so much fun. After playing Diablo 3 I was so let down. I didn't think Torchlight 2 was going to be this good, but it is.
  98. Sep 21, 2012
    Tons of content, fun rewarding loot system, fun character and skill design and a wealth of secrets and explorable content all for $20 great work runic!
  99. Sep 21, 2012
    Phenomenal. Gamers have been waiting for a game exactly like this for faaaar too long. Where Diablo 3 poured water on all of our inner Action-RPG flame, Torchlight II sparked a fire that will spread like a forest fire and burn like the sun in the hearts of passionate Ex-Diablo gamers for many suns, and many moons. All hail Torchlight II and the heaven-sent guys (and gals) at Runic whoPhenomenal. Gamers have been waiting for a game exactly like this for faaaar too long. Where Diablo 3 poured water on all of our inner Action-RPG flame, Torchlight II sparked a fire that will spread like a forest fire and burn like the sun in the hearts of passionate Ex-Diablo gamers for many suns, and many moons. All hail Torchlight II and the heaven-sent guys (and gals) at Runic who created it. Fanboy-ism aside, truely this team knows how to create a magic even Blizzard is blind to these days. Diablo II may have finally, AT LAST ~ met it's maker... Expand
  100. Sep 25, 2012
    Completely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( ICompletely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( I haven't played Diablo 3 yet and I don't think I will either). Expand
  101. Oct 4, 2012
    Okay, so I had a weird start with this game, and I'm just here to amend my original review, which was a measly six. Now, my original issue was that the controls felt sluggish, and I still stand by that claim, but after about 10 hours or so, you get used to them... or perhaps you roll a class that feels good to you. Well, now I've done that, I've found the sword and board Engineer, and I'mOkay, so I had a weird start with this game, and I'm just here to amend my original review, which was a measly six. Now, my original issue was that the controls felt sluggish, and I still stand by that claim, but after about 10 hours or so, you get used to them... or perhaps you roll a class that feels good to you. Well, now I've done that, I've found the sword and board Engineer, and I'm have a ridiculous amount of fun here. The game is awesome. Just fun, fun fun fun. I've given up D3 in favor of this game, sad to say. The guys at Runic really understand what makes a game like this tick. It's the loot, mostly. :P And building a character is actually REALLY fun. Stat points! YEAH! Collapse

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]