Torchlight PC

8.0

1. Jul 11, 2011
    This game has all the basic elements of an RPG, but lacks the variety of one. Environment leaves you feeling trapped in a box going back from the caves and then back to hometown. I feel this game is more linear and condensed than an actual world to explore.
  2. [anonymous]
    Jan 1, 2010
    Virtually the same game as Fate, but that is to be expected I guess. I was hoping for more, and was disappointed.
  3. Jun 24, 2011
    Fantastic indie Diablo clone. The graphics are vibrant and reminiscent of Warcraft (not a bad thing). There are only 3 classes but they've done a good job of making each unique. Lots of opportunity for customizing your character's abilities. Loads of cool armor and weapons. Good variety of weapons. For just a few dollars you get hours of fun. Highly recommended for PC gamers.
  4. May 17, 2012
    Pretty fun game. I got it because I pre-ordered the sequel, and I'm enjoying it very much. The vanilla game does have a few things that annoy me, such as not being able to rebind keys and an awkward UI. Very moddable, though, which is a plus. All around a fun game, but the sequel is looking to be much, much, much better.
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    A great hack and slash RPG. IT's simple, easy to play, and has a good amount of fun. It does lack class customization and of course any Multiplayer, but if you loved games like Diablo than you'll definitely want to play this. It's at least good for one run, original, and worth your money.
  6. Feb 17, 2012
    I have always been a fan of action/loot/rpgs, and this satisfied all my urges. A beautiful interface, smooth gameplay, rewarding loot, and a great modding community make this a must have. The visuals are rounded, attractive, and run on very old pc's, however the music is probably the best aesthetic thing about the entire game - it is truly exceptional. And while the package and content isI have always been a fan of action/loot/rpgs, and this satisfied all my urges. A beautiful interface, smooth gameplay, rewarding loot, and a great modding community make this a must have. The visuals are rounded, attractive, and run on very old pc's, however the music is probably the best aesthetic thing about the entire game - it is truly exceptional. And while the package and content is fantastic, the game has some faults as well. It's very repetitive, focusing purely on a single descending dungeon (with a few side portals). In a game like this, you do need more variety to make it interesting for longer. And the omission of multiplayer and the ability to share your game experience limits the longterm value. Regardless, this game understands what makes a action rpg tick. Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    I liked so much about Torchlight--the graphics were were really cool, gameplay was fast-paced and the spells and abilities were fun. Overall I did like it, but for me it was brought down by the flimsy story and non-characters. None of the NPCs have anything interesting to say and no bosses (except the last one) have back stories or motivations, they just show up with their cool characterI liked so much about Torchlight--the graphics were were really cool, gameplay was fast-paced and the spells and abilities were fun. Overall I did like it, but for me it was brought down by the flimsy story and non-characters. None of the NPCs have anything interesting to say and no bosses (except the last one) have back stories or motivations, they just show up with their cool character designs and then you kill them and think, "Wish I knew what that guy's deal was." Even your character doesn't have any personality.

I'm someone who likes to read the same books over and over, and for me the replay value comes from the story. There wasn't any in Torchlight, so I beat it once and had fun... but I haven't played it since.
  8. Oct 28, 2011
    Game started out OK but the cartoon graphics are disappointing. The game lacks richness and variety. While it might be cheap ($20), I'd gladly pay $60 for a better experience. Time is a more precious commodity to me than an extra $30-50. But this game wouldn't sell well at the higher price point. For the price, it's good value, but if graphics are an important part of the experience, IGame started out OK but the cartoon graphics are disappointing. The game lacks richness and variety. While it might be cheap ($20), I'd gladly pay $60 for a better experience. Time is a more precious commodity to me than an extra $30-50. But this game wouldn't sell well at the higher price point. For the price, it's good value, but if graphics are an important part of the experience, I wouldn't bother buying this. This was my first dungeon crawler. It was very easy to pick up and play, but I got tired of it before finishing the whole thing. But since it only cost $20, I didn't feel ripped off. Expand
  9. Nov 6, 2011
    Good game, albeit repetitious -borrowing unashamedly for Diablo -yet it does not pretend to be anything more than it is.
    A small company that does a good job which has been a success against the odds (Diablo).
    It had better get its new version out before Diablo 3- as at lest abridge for addicts of the game - or its next more ambitious effort will lose sales ,at lest in the short term.
  10. Jan 25, 2012
    Torchlight is a fairly standard hack and slash dungeon crawler. It's not a bad game by any means, but it doesn't do anything to make it stand out either. For the price, it's worth checking out if you're a fan of Diablo style games.
  11. May 16, 2012
    Torchlight is an interesting take of the Action RPG genre, adding a fresh style and some fresh scenery. The constant decent down Torchlight makes for an interesting adventure. The gameplay is traditional to the genre and offers not much in the way of innovation, however the game is still good regardless. The pet feature is often irritating to use at points where your pet simply becomesTorchlight is an interesting take of the Action RPG genre, adding a fresh style and some fresh scenery. The constant decent down Torchlight makes for an interesting adventure. The gameplay is traditional to the genre and offers not much in the way of innovation, however the game is still good regardless. The pet feature is often irritating to use at points where your pet simply becomes useless, however with a quick pimpin' the pet seems to carry his load quite literary too as the Pet Inventory selling is a fantastic way to get rid of unwanted loot, an evil disease you seem to get whenever playing any RPG.

My only gripe with this game is the fact that skill trees need some variety. When playing the Vanquisher I was promised "Traps" however all I got was a skill tree full of "Throw Bomb", not very good at all. I hope to see better skill in T2 or I won't be interested. Overall pretty good experience and looks like some new "Light" for the genre.
  12. Apr 3, 2012
    Good to play while waiting for Diablo III. Torchlight is simply yet another Diablo clone and... the Diablo clone par excellance at the same time. The most Diablo-ish thing in it is Matt Uelman's music, simply adorable and magnificent! Cartoon graphics would make this game eternal, just like in the case of World of Warcraft, if it not were for the re-playability... I got bored after about 3Good to play while waiting for Diablo III. Torchlight is simply yet another Diablo clone and... the Diablo clone par excellance at the same time. The most Diablo-ish thing in it is Matt Uelman's music, simply adorable and magnificent! Cartoon graphics would make this game eternal, just like in the case of World of Warcraft, if it not were for the re-playability... I got bored after about 3 hours. Maybe because I found it challenging only at Very Hard difficulty setting... or maybe the quests were so repetitive... Anyways, TL is a good game, but not an epic one. Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Decent game,on average.At first it is stunning.It has the feel and touch of a perfect fantasy game.After the user goes in the dungeon and descend further,he will discover that the game lacks variety.The quests are identical in all good sense.And how long does it take Syl to cure the player of corruption?And then she gets kidnapped.Then bam!at around level 30,the player fights the final boss and goes into an infinite randomly generated dungeon.Seems like the developers ran out of ideas almost halfway through the game.Now for the good.Nice music!Also the death penalty is balanced.Difficulty level is a bit low,but to compensate there are other penalties,like enchantment(unless you get a mod). Expand
  14. Jul 31, 2013
    At first it's not bad. You are surprised by some intelligent innovations (compared to Diablo 2) and nice (performance friendly) graphics and amazing gameplay. After few hours, sadly, you realize this game is pure grind. The main story is cheap and develops extremely slowly where meanwhile you are grinding. Grind side quests, grind campaign progress, moar grind even map architectures areAt first it's not bad. You are surprised by some intelligent innovations (compared to Diablo 2) and nice (performance friendly) graphics and amazing gameplay. After few hours, sadly, you realize this game is pure grind. The main story is cheap and develops extremely slowly where meanwhile you are grinding. Grind side quests, grind campaign progress, moar grind even map architectures are repeating with just different textures attached. It's a nice game to relax at, smashing em' creeps, but don't expect it to be an astonishing storytelling adventure. Expand
  15. Feb 28, 2012
    Torchlight is a rare game we get, its a Diablo clone, that is clear, but its a great example on how a dungeon crawler is made. I really think this game has potential in it, or had, unfortunately it was not used to its maximum power. The environments are repetitive, really repetitive, every 5 dungeons or so you get a change but that doesn't kill the repetition, and all the lost dungeons andTorchlight is a rare game we get, its a Diablo clone, that is clear, but its a great example on how a dungeon crawler is made. I really think this game has potential in it, or had, unfortunately it was not used to its maximum power. The environments are repetitive, really repetitive, every 5 dungeons or so you get a change but that doesn't kill the repetition, and all the lost dungeons and extra ones are the same thing, that is the major disappointment of this game. After I see the enemies getting extremely repetitive too which get a little tedious and then of course there is repetitive loot which is found in massive amounts. All these issues make this game a little bit tedious but there is a saving grace, the art style is just outstanding, the sound is good and the learning curve here is just about right. I will tell you to buy this game if you are a diablo fan since this is a great experience for dungeon crawler fans but its not the reboot of the genre nor is it innovative to death, it gets a 6/10 but i will still recommend a buy. Expand
  16. Jul 17, 2011
    In the beginning you choose one of three common RPG archetypes, the warrior, rogue/ranger or mage. You are then placed in the small town of Torchlight, and thrust into action which foreshadows the main story line of the game. Now, I don't have a lot of experince in this genre really, but to me the story seemed very weak, which I will come back to later. In the first few missions you areIn the beginning you choose one of three common RPG archetypes, the warrior, rogue/ranger or mage. You are then placed in the small town of Torchlight, and thrust into action which foreshadows the main story line of the game. Now, I don't have a lot of experince in this genre really, but to me the story seemed very weak, which I will come back to later. In the first few missions you are only required to do simple things (kill this thing here, go talk to that person there) which I found boring at first, but after a while of clicking away the story progressed and so did the quests, and I started to really get into the combat and it became very entertaining. As I beleive to be common in the genre, as you level up you get a certain amount of points to increase your stats as well as gain new abilities. Playing as the 'alchemist' (the mage type character), I found the new spells and pets kept me playing, and for a while I really liked the game.
    The problems came after the 17th floor (each quest brings you deeper and deeper into the main 'dungeon', and I beleive there are 35 floors to the main dungeon) or thereabouts where the game slowed down to a crawl (in a dungeon crawl game, who would have thought?). I think there are several problems that are faced by each genre, and even in general, that need to be addressed by developers. In dungeon crawls, you are bascially asking the player to do the same thing over and over again to get through a dungeon, usually in a pretty formulaic way (you go through here, kill those, go to another level/area). To keep the player interested, I think its pretty important to balance interesting and varied combat against the background of an intriguing and engaging story so the player doesn't realise that all they are doing is clicking buttons and killing data.

While Torchlight delivers varied combat, seen in its variation in level design (to an extent) and enemy models, introduction of new spells at a nice and natural pace and drawing the player into combat through an interesting armour/weapon discovery system which gives a good incentive, the story is greatly lacking. While not overly generic, the development of the story is slow and not overly compelling, making me often question why I was even bothering to play, other than to watch my character perform some devastating spells and attacks. To me, they failed in the balancing act I mentioned previously. By the 20th floor the game turned into nothing but 'walk here, AoE that, find the stairs to the next floor', which lead me to the analogy of self harm with kitchen utensils.

The game also has some cool features worth mentioning, like having a dog or cat (you decide at the beginning of the game) to help you in combat, as well as being able to tell them to go back to town from a dungeon with items to sell, a handy way to make money as well as clear inventory space without losing momentum in dungeon crawling. The use of town portal scrolls is also handy, which allows you to teleport to town to hand in quests etc and then you can return to the place you teleported from. While being helpful features, they are not nearly enough to save the game from it's weak story line and player motivation.

I do not contend that this is a horrible game, the combat (a key feature of this kind of game) is very fun, and the game does well to draw you in. Fans of the genre will probably enjoy this game a great deal, as I've read in numerous other reviews, overlooking the game's plot faults. It has a lot of replay value for fans, being able to try the game again on different difficulties or as a different class, as well as the option of fighting through a dungeon with infinite levels and side missions at the end of the main quest (but if I wanted to do this, I would go back to World of Wastecraft).

To conclude, while the combat of Torchlight is fun and engaging, the story is not much of either. For people who aren't great fans of the genre, you will probably get a few hours of great fun and then a few hours of soul crushing monotony, while fans will probably spend the 10-60 hours of possible gameplay in complete bliss.

Breakdown

Presentation - 7/10 -The user interface is reasonably compact and functional, with the use of a number of easy to use buttons to hotkey spells. Some keys are a little awkwardly placed, which cramped my hands a few times.

Graphics - 8/10 - Cartoony graphics, but quite detailed and very charming

Sound - 8/10 - Very fitting musical score, capturing the ambiance and feel of each level of the dungeon

Gameplay - 7/10 - Combat is very fun, but gets old some time into the game, slowing to a grind

Plot - 3.5/10 - weak story, slowly implemented and not compelling/does not draw you in

Lasting impact on player - variable - if you're a fan, you will love the options, but if you aren't like me you might avoid finishing it once

Overall about a 6/10 (Okay)
    See other reviews at http://criticalgamingstudies.blogspot.com
  17. Apr 7, 2012
    +Small learning curve; +Cute graphics; +Lots of items; -Soo repetitive, -Lots of clicking, -Quests are boring, -Character development not the best. Play this game if you're looking for something quick to get into and if you have a long attention span.
  18. Mar 15, 2012
    A LOT like Diablo, even going so far as to use some of the same musical scores and SFX. Quite addictive for a while but feels very samey. I did enjoy playing it but don't know if I'd ever go back to it or even purchase a sequel.
  19. May 2, 2012
    Torchlight is a decent game. It follows in the model of Diablo hack and slash games with more cartoonish graphics. The game is well polished but the gameplay tends to get very repetative in a short amount of time. If you enjoyed Diablo you will likely enjoy Torchlight but you just won't love it.
  20. Jul 20, 2013
    Shallow gameplay. Poor class selection. Overly cartoony. No private servers means hacked characters galore. No multiplayer code. Very unambitious title from some of the developers of Diablo 2. Fun for about 20 hours or so. There are simply far better alternatives out there.
  21. Sep 26, 2011
    This is plain and simple a Diablo clone. It plays like Diablo, copies the main plot of Diablo (troubled town sitting on top of hell, or a long cavern thought to be hell), hell it was even made by some of the same people that made Diablo. If you want originality in a game...well, go back in time to the 80's, but this ain't it. What it does offer is fun gameplay at a reasonable price.This is plain and simple a Diablo clone. It plays like Diablo, copies the main plot of Diablo (troubled town sitting on top of hell, or a long cavern thought to be hell), hell it was even made by some of the same people that made Diablo. If you want originality in a game...well, go back in time to the 80's, but this ain't it. What it does offer is fun gameplay at a reasonable price. This title now sells for $15, a reduction from a whopping $20, making it a screaming deal when it was full priced still. The graphics are pretty, not overly taxing on your system (the company says it can be played on a tablet, pretty cool) and it runs smoothly. Levels are randomly built so you won't have the same map over and over. Tons of loot drops, also randomly generated, keeping you always looking for an upgrade. Again, just like Diablo. A couple of things are missing from the game like the ability to keymap (seriously developers, let me set my own buttons, IN EVERY GAME) and you can't respec (I guess everyone is supposed to automatically know what every spell and ability does) both things which hurt the game. Another rude awakening thing you will learn is the enchantment system is also random and there is a chance that the item you are enchanting will be rendered useless (all stats removed) which is very annoying if you really like whatever it is you are using. But overall, considering how many Diablo clones there are in the world, how fun this one actually is to play and its price it comes out as quite a good game. Expand
  22. Oct 12, 2011
    Torchlight is a fun game with a lot of polish. The graphics are cartoonish but charming and look very good for how low the system specs are. I have two large complaints however. The first being no multiplayer whatsoever. It's a shame for a dungeon crawler like this to not have multiplayer support as this would have made the game much much more fun. The second issue I had was the lack ofTorchlight is a fun game with a lot of polish. The graphics are cartoonish but charming and look very good for how low the system specs are. I have two large complaints however. The first being no multiplayer whatsoever. It's a shame for a dungeon crawler like this to not have multiplayer support as this would have made the game much much more fun. The second issue I had was the lack of depth/re-playability. The game features only 3 classes and there aren't that many skills to chose from. Nonetheless if you are a fan of dungeon crawlers then you will definitely enjoy this game. Expand
  23. Jun 16, 2013
    Torchlight is an inoffensive dungeon crawler. Inoffensive because it doesn't do much wrong but it also doesn't really inspire in any way. Of all the spells, magic weapons and enchanted armor you'll find, what this games needs most is a Potion of Give a Damn.

At first I enjoyed the gameplay, particularly with the opening town exploration and "buddy" mission to kick off the story, but that all ends within an hour of play. After about ten hours I suddenly had an epiphany that it was undeniably repetitive and it didn't really matter what I did. It very quickly became a run-of-the-mill level grind with almost no story development. 99% of the time you'll be left-clicking bad guys or adjusting your inventory. The levels also started to get visually so repetitive it was easy to get turned around and accidentally back-track.

The sudden realization that all the armor, stat and magic advances my character had made really were pointless was enough to move on for greener pastures.
  24. NotGood
    Jan 17, 2010
    Diablo was fun back in the day.... and this may have been too. This game doesn't tread any new ground. Its all been done before and better. I quit playing after 2 hours because it lacked any depth and gives you no reason to stay. The art style is refreshing and the ability to send your pet to town to sell items in his inventory was a good idea. But in the end there are many better Diablo was fun back in the day.... and this may have been too. This game doesn't tread any new ground. Its all been done before and better. I quit playing after 2 hours because it lacked any depth and gives you no reason to stay. The art style is refreshing and the ability to send your pet to town to sell items in his inventory was a good idea. But in the end there are many better ways to spend my time. Trying to cash in on the success of Diablo is too old by now... Expand
  25. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is severely mediocre. Have you played Diablo II? It is a better game than this is. The gameplay is repetitive even by the standards of the genre, and it all feels rather pointless. The quests are lame and the gear grinding is undisguised.
  26. May 11, 2012
    I don't understand how this game can exist at all. It is a carbon copy of the WT game FATE. From the graphics to the gameplay to the interface. EXACTLY the same. While it is a great game, I can't fathom how they avoided copyright infringement! All the same, I recommend this game (as well as FATE) to anyone who loves Diablo cloned dungeon crawlers.
  27. LeahR
    Jan 1, 2010
    Slick yet ultimately superficial Diablo clone. While I'm aware of the irony in this statement, Torchlight is not as "deep" as other hack-'n-slash titles like Titan Quest, which offer far more complex maps, quests, classes, and skill trees. With Torchlight's 3 classes and imbalanced skill trees (a mix of overpowered and useless skills), as well as a virtually non-existent Slick yet ultimately superficial Diablo clone. While I'm aware of the irony in this statement, Torchlight is not as "deep" as other hack-'n-slash titles like Titan Quest, which offer far more complex maps, quests, classes, and skill trees. With Torchlight's 3 classes and imbalanced skill trees (a mix of overpowered and useless skills), as well as a virtually non-existent quest system and repetitive maps, the replay value is low compared to TQ and other Diablo clones. Also, no online multiplayer or LAN co-op gameplay is a huge disappointment. Still, not bad for fast-paced, mindless, single-player fun with its obviously Blizzard-inspired, Warcraft-esque graphics and setting. Expand
  28. JesusChrist
    Dec 20, 2009
    I agree that it's well polished, but again, it's just a clone of fate/diablo. If this game had multiplayer (real multiplayer, not mmo), my rating would be much higher.
  29. Babo
    Dec 25, 2009
    Think the lack of multiplayer is a big disappointment. Although the game has nice look and feel, after a couple of hours of playing it gets kind of boring. Waiting for D3
  30. Dec 11, 2012
    Extremely mediocre. I don't understand the hype behind this... how did it receive so many awards? It's basically Diablo 1's gameplay (including character customization/growth) with WC3/WoW graphics. Very derivative and only worth playing if you can get it on sale. Oh yeah, and no multiplayer. If you're looking for a Diablo clone please try Titan Quest or Sacred instead.
  31. Aug 2, 2013
    The style, graphics, sound, music and even aspects of the gameplay of Torchlight are all outstanding. But I can't give it more than an average 6 because the game is so repetitive. Unless you suffer from ocd and must collect every item set and max enchant your gear, you will eventually lose interest in this game, most likely around 5-10 hours in. Which is still pretty fair value for a gameThe style, graphics, sound, music and even aspects of the gameplay of Torchlight are all outstanding. But I can't give it more than an average 6 because the game is so repetitive. Unless you suffer from ocd and must collect every item set and max enchant your gear, you will eventually lose interest in this game, most likely around 5-10 hours in. Which is still pretty fair value for a game price at $10 (and often on sale for less).

It's unfortunate too that the dungeons aren't more dynamic and interesting because the classes and talent systems are really well done. Your class has three skill trees so you can make them do very different things. Want a warrior that casts powerful spells? No problem! You just won't be as strong as a mage. Your rogue can go swashbuckling sword master or a long distance hunter like hero, it's all up to you. The gear is also cool and well itemized. But ultimately I felt like I was leveling up for no reason. None of the dungeons were challenging so I could simply auto attack my way through everything.

Ultimately I wanted to fall in love with torchlight, but after the excitement of a new crush wears off, it's time to move on.
  32. Nov 22, 2014
    Diablo 2 wannabe, except without all the Diablo 2 special flavour. The gameplay itself is nicely fluid, you feel right at home with controls, you kill hordes of enemies, loot plenty of stuff, level up skills for your character, but soon you realize that this is all you do and that it's getting more and more repetitive, more and more boring, there is no variation, whatsoever. Even questsDiablo 2 wannabe, except without all the Diablo 2 special flavour. The gameplay itself is nicely fluid, you feel right at home with controls, you kill hordes of enemies, loot plenty of stuff, level up skills for your character, but soon you realize that this is all you do and that it's getting more and more repetitive, more and more boring, there is no variation, whatsoever. Even quests that should spice it up a bit are a joke, basically a robot that wants you to kill a monster every 2 levels, rinse and repeat, a mage who wants you to bring him an ember ever few levels, rinse and repeat and that's it. You even stop caring about the story or other characters, because there is nothing to care for, you just go deeper and deeper, killing more and more hordes of enemies, selling junk. Torchlight basically took the core mechanic of Diablo, but stripped it of all the things that made it interesting. The story is barely there and what is there is just for the sake of being there, nothing really interesting. I'm also not a big fan of the 3D cartoonish artstyle, doesn't look appealing to me at all. Enemies are not very varied, but honestly you don't even care what you kill you just kill hordes and hordes of something and by the end I was really glad it's over. I liked some of the improvements such as your companion pet which you can send to town to sell junk and by far the best element of this entire game is the music by Matt Uelmen which screams Diablo 2. That was the only thing that preserved it's quality. Other than that I don't think this is worth playing and it definitely didn't convince me to continue with end game content or play the sequel, I think I had enough of mindless killing of hordes of repetitive enemies in generic 3D cartoonish environments. No, in 2014 I prefer something more substantial, more interesting, this is not good enough honestly. 5/10 Expand
  33. MarkM
    Dec 30, 2009
    The graphics are cartoon-like a 3D Final Fantasy game; but for the fact that it's detailed and colorful. You might label it "popcorn RPG" ( Dungeon Crawler ), played in short bursts. Rather, gaining new armour, trinkets, and weapons can be addictive. You might end up playing over an hour. Especially with shared storage. There is a character retirement feature, where you bestow new The graphics are cartoon-like a 3D Final Fantasy game; but for the fact that it's detailed and colorful. You might label it "popcorn RPG" ( Dungeon Crawler ), played in short bursts. Rather, gaining new armour, trinkets, and weapons can be addictive. You might end up playing over an hour. Especially with shared storage. There is a character retirement feature, where you bestow new benefits and perks. It sounds interesting, but not sure what it means yet. The levels layouts change ( for each character )But, understand the random sections of the level are reused through the game, except for areas that have different textures. So, though the layout might be new, it will still seem familiar. Being the Dungeon Crawler that it is, the action can get wild. Sometimes too wild. I often lost my character in a mess of magic, explosions, and other animations. But at the same time the game offers skills and spells to take on hordes. Lastly, you get a pet that can fight along side, and be morphed into different creatures for new abilities, for a short time. Best of all they can sell your junk back to town as you continue running a dungeon. The music is calming and doesn't drown out other aspects of the game. But there are maybe 2 or 3 tracks I've heard. With all that explained it's not a breakthrough in RPG, But it's FUN. Don't let anyone have you think otherwise. So, for $5.00 sale who could go wrong? I would still buy it for $15.00. At it's original $20.00 it might seem steap, but a lot was put inot this game, and thats a good price. A score of 7 seems fitting for what I just described. Expand
  34. Nov 24, 2012
    Torchlight is a nice combination of a dungeon crawler mixed with the Diablo franchise. Unfortunately, just like the Diablo franchise, the game gets old very quickly. You'll see everything there is to see within an hour of two of playing the game.
  35. Aug 16, 2012
    It was pretty fun. some of the AI lacked I. I played it for about 25 hours and had a good time. One lack was a coop. However, I did enjoy the mindless hack and slash as well as the beautifully drawn worlds.
  36. Sep 24, 2012
    Torchlight was again that i played 3 times each with each character on a different difficulty level. First of all although it is clear that this is a diablo clone, it can hold its own against most dungeon crawlers. The skill trees and the plethora of the items was amazing! On the other hand i found a lot of disadvantages of the game. First of all the quests get really repetitive and i meanTorchlight was again that i played 3 times each with each character on a different difficulty level. First of all although it is clear that this is a diablo clone, it can hold its own against most dungeon crawlers. The skill trees and the plethora of the items was amazing! On the other hand i found a lot of disadvantages of the game. First of all the quests get really repetitive and i mean a lot. Furthermore, there is no real main quest with any twists or turns. The graphics were a bit cartoony for my taste too, although the music wasn't so bad. The gameplay was very simple point n click and it featured little dialogue. I also felt that the environments and enemies were quite repetitive and that the absence of epic one of a kind loot was there. Finally i found it very easy to play even on hard with the warrior character. They also could have made some more characters... Generally though, this is one of those games that you don't play for the intriguing quest but to waste time Expand
  37. Nov 30, 2012
    A good mindless dungeon crawling action RPG that should have gotten more attentions from players at its release.The story was easily forgettable; I enjoyed its leveling up and skills trees. I finished and enjoy the game with Alchemist the spellcaster, and Destroyer the warrior. Buy this game if you are looking some mindless clickfest entertainment, which is what I was looking for when IA good mindless dungeon crawling action RPG that should have gotten more attentions from players at its release.The story was easily forgettable; I enjoyed its leveling up and skills trees. I finished and enjoy the game with Alchemist the spellcaster, and Destroyer the warrior. Buy this game if you are looking some mindless clickfest entertainment, which is what I was looking for when I purchased this game. Expand
  38. Feb 28, 2013
    Without an Multiplayer nevertheless a good game.
  39. Dec 29, 2015
    An RPG game definitely enjoyable even in single player. If you love strengthening your characters with various equipments and skills, Torchlight is the right game for you
  40. Feb 26, 2016
    Todo buen amante de Diablo tiene que jugar a Torchlight. Escenarios maravillosos, cientos de items y armas diferentes. Escenarios bastante bonitos y muy buen cuidados. La historia fantástica también.

With phenomenal music and great art direction, combined with an addictive combat system, it's hard to step away from the keyboard and mouse after the first floor.
  2. Runic hasn't dumbed down the experience, they've removed the fluff and distilled it down to the truly fun parts. Add in a few innovations and what you've got is Torchlight; a game that raises the expectations for dungeon-crawling action RPGs by being not just fine-tuned but affordable as well.
  3. The core of the game is its combat and character progression, and both of those are outstanding. Torchlight might not be breaking any new ground, but the soul of Diablo hasn't been so ably captured in years. You won't find much that approaches Torchlight's worth at its $20 price point.