8.0

1. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: Torchlight doesn't have multiplayer. That is a major shortcoming in this sort of game. That said, it's a damn good dungeon crawler. Coming from the developers behind the first two Diablos (and featuring music by the same composer, a man that will make you believe guitars can sound haunting and foreboding) it should come as no surprise that it does everything those games did and2/13/2012: Torchlight doesn't have multiplayer. That is a major shortcoming in this sort of game. That said, it's a damn good dungeon crawler. Coming from the developers behind the first two Diablos (and featuring music by the same composer, a man that will make you believe guitars can sound haunting and foreboding) it should come as no surprise that it does everything those games did and more, with various time-saving, anti-frustration features that serve to streamline the game experience and keep you in the fight. I played Torchlight for a lot longer then it took to simply beat the final boss, which should be testament to it's sheer addictiveness. However, an addictive game is not necessarily a fun one, and Torchlight will eventually wear out it's welcome in your library. It's worth its low price for what you get, but at this point you may be better off waiting for the multiplayer sequel or the eventual MMO. Expand
  3. May 12, 2015
  4. Mar 27, 2015
    I've started playing this wonderful adventure as a hobby on my laptop, but ended as AAA, later I've noticed that it came from the Diablo 2 developers; it is obvious that Blizzard couldn't buy talent in Diablo 3 because these guys were the real brain behind Diablo 1 and 2. This game feels as a "light Diablo clone" but it came from the original developers so it is not a clone, is just what they do.
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    A really fun solo dungeon crawler. I got fairly addicted as I kept going further and further into dungeon. Graphics are adorable, and they complement the gameplay,story and overall design of the world really well. I played this in 2014, and it holds up very well.
  6. Oct 14, 2014
    This game is absolutely fine as a dungeon crawler - it works really well, is balanced well and the combat is fun. It's far superior to Diablo III in almost all regards. The story may never reach epic heights nor will the gameplay stun you with its intricacies but it does what it does well.
  7. Jun 21, 2014
    TORCHLIGHT on my scale gets a 7.5/10 this game is very nice the map systeam the low graphics allow lesser player to experience a game like diablo. for this review will have some comparisons with diablo but no game should be just like diablo.
    The storage system in this game amazes me the fact it doesnt have expansion but, it teaches you how to manage to give to another character.
    The
    The stash and shared stash is something that also raised this game to my liking.
    So say you beat the game hurah! and u want to play on hard mode and not lose all your weapons there u go the shared stash will allow you to redo the game but keep ur kick butt weapons.
    Hud- well the hud i do not completely understand everytime i try to put an abillity inside it doesnt all i hv is a health potion an a pre-set abillity i dont even want! that plays a factor in the losing .5%.
    the fighting in this game is a little off perfect there is a bug that will make your character stand still and not move and you wont be able to drink a health potion either truly something the ruins the immersfulness of the game.
    lastly the pet, the pet u get is something that seperates the game from other you start off with this pet and hes with you all the time when ur in a sticking sitiuation your dog/cat/etc.. will come and save your butt. if you equip your pet right with the right spells it will help A-LOT.
    this game is something i play on the side but i will complete it i very much reccomend buying this game and once i get torchlight 2 i will review that thanks id you read this all.
  8. Jun 10, 2014
    this game i long and creative.how theres little portals that put u in a secret mine or something and the game is clear not all pixeled it prefect love the game u have to try it!
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[7.7]
  10. Aug 12, 2013
    A very fresh game, and finally something besides Diablo II (which is still the best RPG Slasher-Looter-Level_Upper) which is worthy the gamers' attention. Tons of stuff, loot, weapons, skill trees. And considering the price no brainer!
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    This RPG game is great! it has awesome music, fun classes, addictive gameplay, lots of cool items, plenty of multiplayer options (such as LAN, Offline mode, etc) an all that for only 20 bucks... a must have!
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    Torchlight is simple, fresh and fun RPG. Many of its elements resemble earlier Diable games. Storytelling is a bit lacking and the game can become repetitive towards the end. If you're looking simple and fun game to play for weekend or two, this is worth buying.
  13. Jun 5, 2013
    I love Titan Quest and I've been desperate to find a newer game like it that isn't Diablo 3. This game is fantastic in vanilla play. Add mods and the game can become whatever you want. I could put hundreds of hours into this game.
  14. Apr 8, 2013
    A very neat and wonderful game. If it just had a little bit more depth/variety, I'd give it a 10. But this focuses on what's most important; just playing a game and enjoying yourself.
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    For the price of admission, the game is definitely a decent product. It can get pretty repetitive unlike its competitors, but its competitors are considerably more expensive. The cartoon-ish type graphics are great as it makes this a game for all gamers, young/old, experienced/casual, etc. Although it is very similar to other action RPGs, it has its own identity. It seems somewhat shortFor the price of admission, the game is definitely a decent product. It can get pretty repetitive unlike its competitors, but its competitors are considerably more expensive. The cartoon-ish type graphics are great as it makes this a game for all gamers, young/old, experienced/casual, etc. Although it is very similar to other action RPGs, it has its own identity. It seems somewhat short and more shallow than others like Diablo 3.

It won't keep you nearly as busy as others, but if you like Action RPGs or dungeon crawlers, this is a must buy.
  16. Mar 17, 2013
    A great pick up and play game for casual gamers or if you want get mods to go more hardcore. Fun and entertaining for a few hours but with no real storyline, can get boring after awhile. Gameplay is hack and slash, using mouse and hotkeys for spells. You get a nice pet for a companion and there are three characters to choose from and three class trees for each.
  17. Feb 2, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of action RPGs, and this game is definitely the best one I've yet played. It has everything an RPG should have: three different classes, three different pets, tons of weapons,armor, and enemy types, and a magical overworld to top it all off. If you're a fan of Diablo or any other dungeon crawlers like it, pick this up for $15 on Steam. You're guaranteed a good time.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    A Diablo clone, but much less linear. Unfortunately, there are so many sidepaths that I felt I had to take in this game that I eventually leveled my character higher than the normal campaign's monsters, such that I trivialized the content for myself. The game is just like Diablo 1 but with Diablo 3 graphics.
  19. Nov 3, 2012
    Usually i like to play melee and Torchlight has satisfied my desire to smash everything with a sword and shield. Nice graphics and companion, that fight at your side and can be send to the city for selling your loot, is a brilliant idea.
  20. Oct 11, 2012
    A game I really enjoyed, It has a lot of problems when it was release, but with the Mod community you can add it at less 10 hours more. I really think that this was a beta test for Torchlight 2( of course Runic are just 30 and they are a small company with no money when they did TL1) any way it was super fun
  21. Oct 8, 2012
    Highly addictive, straightforward game (just like Diablo).
    Cannot write a long review...
    Have to go kill some more monsters...
    Just a dozen more...
    I promise...
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    Very good game, well designed skill-trees. You get what you pay :) If you want a game to spend hours with fun. Play this game and support Runic Games.
  23. Sep 28, 2012
    First of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content andFirst of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content and upgrades from the-already-great TL1 experience; More awesome skills, many quests and dungeons! All-in-all, You will find yourself spending a lot of hours on this one, trust me! Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2012
    This is the first dungeon crawler I have ever played. Definitely am in love with it. I think this game has made me into a dungeon crawler fanatic, in fact! It adheres to my OCD play style where I always have to check something and make sure I did it right. And it rewards me for it.
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    Torchlight is a watered down Diablo 2. If you have played Diablo 2 you will have no problem playing Torchlight. Since it is from the original Diablo 2 creators many of the names, abilities and skills are even called the same. I really liked the look of it, and it played great. It was good enough that I played through the game three times, once with each character class.
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    I love this game, It beated Diablo3 in any way. This is one of the reasons why we should support smaller developers and start ignoring the giant ones who just make games because of profit not because they love making good games.
  27. Sep 16, 2012
    10/10 for being from the original makers of d1 and d2
    and 10/10 for not being **** 3.

What more really needs to be said than, **** that loser diablo 3
  28. Sep 4, 2012
    Torchlight was actually a surprise to me. I'd only ever heard about it a couple times, and the reviews were mixed. But one day, it was on sale on Steam, and I took a chance with it. My first complaint was evident immediately, specifically not being able to customize my character's appearance. See, when I play any RPG, I like to actually create a character, rather than choose a preset andTorchlight was actually a surprise to me. I'd only ever heard about it a couple times, and the reviews were mixed. But one day, it was on sale on Steam, and I took a chance with it. My first complaint was evident immediately, specifically not being able to customize my character's appearance. See, when I play any RPG, I like to actually create a character, rather than choose a preset and just train him. But once I started playing, I started really getting into it, specifically as the Alchemist, as the spells were an absolute blast to use. I didn't really play as the other two classes though, but I had no real desire to. Yes, the gameplay does boil down to left click on enemies, right click to use an assigned spell/ability, and the number keys to use other assigned spells/ abilities or potions. Simple? Yes. Fun? Yes. Easy? Not as much as you'd think. I've died plenty of times because I was hit by a horde of enemies all at once. The story is pretty straightforward, evil guy causing problems, you must kill said evil guy to restore peace. Over-used? A bit. But the dungeon designs are creative, expansive, and a tad bit confusing, which adds to the fun. The loot drops are fun, too, and the mini-boss enemies are a nice touch. All in all, an entertaining game. I just wish it had online multiplayer. Expand
  29. Aug 26, 2012
    A Diablo-like from some of the original creators of Diablo and Diablo II. This game from a team of action-RPG veterans and it shows. The combat is fast-paced and visceral and the randomisation plus modability means there is always something to do.
  30. Aug 6, 2012
    This is a great aRPG for the price, which now is FREE w/ the $19.99 pre-order of Torchlight II on Steam. TL is highly moddable in every aspect and this adds to the re-playability and longevity of the game. The combat is smooth, the drops are frequent and the pets add a nice dimension to the game-play. Even though the game is lacking a couple of key features like co-op and pvp play it isThis is a great aRPG for the price, which now is FREE w/ the $19.99 pre-order of Torchlight II on Steam. TL is highly moddable in every aspect and this adds to the re-playability and longevity of the game. The combat is smooth, the drops are frequent and the pets add a nice dimension to the game-play. Even though the game is lacking a couple of key features like co-op and pvp play it is still worth playing...and w/ TL2 these features will be included. You can't go wrong w/ Torchlight. Expand

With phenomenal music and great art direction, combined with an addictive combat system, it's hard to step away from the keyboard and mouse after the first floor.
  2. Runic hasn't dumbed down the experience, they've removed the fluff and distilled it down to the truly fun parts. Add in a few innovations and what you've got is Torchlight; a game that raises the expectations for dungeon-crawling action RPGs by being not just fine-tuned but affordable as well.
  3. The core of the game is its combat and character progression, and both of those are outstanding. Torchlight might not be breaking any new ground, but the soul of Diablo hasn't been so ably captured in years. You won't find much that approaches Torchlight's worth at its $20 price point.