• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Aug 29, 2012
7.1

1. Aug 30, 2012
    Not a bad game at all. Enjoyable for sure and it is a great experience. Just don't expect a full blown Total War Experience, otherwise you might be disappointed. If you want something that keeps the pace moving along and keep you busy then enjoy...
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    For the money ($1.50 on Steam sale) this is a fun game with great art and solid voice acting. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the turn-based game that I was expecting, but the core gameplay mechanic (build resources and recruit troops) is strong. I wish they had upgraded some feature when moving from touchpad to PC, specifically the fact that there are no interactive menus and that maps are all very small. Additionally, there are a few "puzzle" missions where you have to build structures, but you only have a limited amount of space and several restrictions. My biggest frustration with the game was that the puzzle missions were tedious and took me longer than any single battle. Nothing about this game really feels epic, but if you like the Waring States Era and are looking for some casual gaming, I highly recommend you try Total War Battles: SHOGUN. Expand
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    I think this game is underrated because is compared to the rest of the Total War games.
    This is not another Total War game, but is really addictive, funny and challenging. You have to think each move carefully since the units move and attack only forward and forward-diagonally.

I'm hooked to the game!
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    This game is not good nor is it bad. If you want a game to keep you busy for like 15mins before you get board then get this game. If your willing to play this a little longer then ok. But the combat is a very slow animation almost like they want you to watch. If you want a tile battle like this then get Civ.

Funny and accessible casual game is inspired by the famous and popular strategy series. Only disadvantages are chaotic controls. [Nov 2012]
  2. Sep 14, 2012
    Total War Battles is not a real RTS, but an extended tower defense game. It has nothing in common with his "big brothers". Recommended only if you are a real fan of the brand.
  3. Sep 14, 2012
    It feels painfully slow on the PC, and the controls are better-suited for a mobile touchscreen than a mouse and keyboard combo. It even manages to lose a feature in the translation, which is stunning given how much more powerful the PC is than, say, the iPad. Throw in the fact that it has little to nothing to do with the series proper, and it becomes impossible to recommend this spinoff, even to the most dedicated Total War fans.