Total War: Shogun 2 - Rise of the Samurai PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2011
8.4

1. Feb 23, 2015
    I'm a big fan of the original Shogun 2. However, I'm quite disappointed with Raise of the Samurai. First of all, the AI is broken and is stupid in combat. When the AI try to siege my town, only about 40% of their units attack, and the rest just sat there waiting for me to come out to attack them. Also, I feel like the AI cheats in the campaign map. I got three provinces at theI'm a big fan of the original Shogun 2. However, I'm quite disappointed with Raise of the Samurai. First of all, the AI is broken and is stupid in combat. When the AI try to siege my town, only about 40% of their units attack, and the rest just sat there waiting for me to come out to attack them. Also, I feel like the AI cheats in the campaign map. I got three provinces at the beginning of the game and can hardly afford an army with mid level units. How the hell did the AI that also has three provinces have two army with high level units and a sizable navy?

The game is buggy. Units often don't respond to command. If I tell my cavalry to go from point A to point B, half of the time, they will just stop in halfway and not reaching the destination.

I have played this game for about 10 hours so far. It's not a satisfying experience and I'm giving up on it.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2011
    Same game has different name. Only die-hard fans should buy this DLC, because it doesn't add much to the experience. Samurai units are too powerful making other new units nearly useless. [Nov 2011]
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    A generous, history-respecting rethink that adds weeks of fun to one of 2011's finest strategy titles. [Holiday 2011, p.70]
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    Rise of the Samurai is a great excuse to return to Medieval Japan.