Tower Wars PC

6.6

1. Aug 2, 2014
    Not great, but not terrible. I got it on sale on steam for 1.99 and I enjoyed it at least two dollars worth. Other than that I haven't really touched it after the first couple hours.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Tower Wars is a tower defense multiplayer game, which was not rally fun for me. You build a lot of towers and can upgrade them. Then you send your troops, which you can also upgrade, and then you wait and look, how there are walking to the base of your enemy to destroy it. Then there is your enemy, which does principle the same. It's monotone and boring for me. There are many tower defenseTower Wars is a tower defense multiplayer game, which was not rally fun for me. You build a lot of towers and can upgrade them. Then you send your troops, which you can also upgrade, and then you wait and look, how there are walking to the base of your enemy to destroy it. Then there is your enemy, which does principle the same. It's monotone and boring for me. There are many tower defense games, which are much better! Expand
  3. Aug 19, 2012
    Just left me wanting more, too few maps, fun for a brief amount of time then gets old fast. Hopefully it will be developed more and then may be worth the 10$ they are asking...
  4. Aug 18, 2012
    Not a typical TD game in that the game play is mostly focused on player versus player instead of player vs AI. You create a wave of attackers while trying to fend off enemy waves using your own towers. There is a limited single player mode where you play against an AI that sends endless waves of progressively harder enemies. This mode is more of a time-attack as you can never "win".Not a typical TD game in that the game play is mostly focused on player versus player instead of player vs AI. You create a wave of attackers while trying to fend off enemy waves using your own towers. There is a limited single player mode where you play against an AI that sends endless waves of progressively harder enemies. This mode is more of a time-attack as you can never "win".

Games take a long time to play out, even when you are losing badly. When you start to lose, the enemy waves get a little closer each time. It is a painfully slow way to go. My first game had me losing pretty badly because I had no idea what I was doing. Even so, it would have taken another 10 minutes for the other player to finish me off.

Rather than wait for my inevitable defeat, I left the game (there is no surrender option). For that, I got a rage quit achievement ... so thanks for that.

If there was a single player or co-op campaign mode, I would have given a higher score. TD versus players kind of feels like a really simplified RTS. If you've always wanted to play TD with a friends, this is for you. If you like classic TD, skip it.
  5. Aug 25, 2012
    Very disappointing as the core of the game is not available in single player. It s an interesting concept and realization but way to poor in single player to be worthy a acquisition.
  6. Jun 28, 2013
    The game had a lot of potential. That's why I bought it. Well, okay it was cheap that's also why I bought it. And I played it loads. It was kinda addictive. Though not in a good way. See, you get addicted cos you get determined to stop being a doormat, and having high level guys walk all over you. So you practice and practice and practice, and lo and behold, you start winning more gamesThe game had a lot of potential. That's why I bought it. Well, okay it was cheap that's also why I bought it. And I played it loads. It was kinda addictive. Though not in a good way. See, you get addicted cos you get determined to stop being a doormat, and having high level guys walk all over you. So you practice and practice and practice, and lo and behold, you start winning more games than you lose. Great. Problem is, there are so few strategies and the game just become this frantic race to level up to certain troops. Its actually pretty stressful. And not fun. Which surely ranks fairly high in any list of criterion for what makes a 'game'. But there are some guys who really really love it. Perhaps it might get better. It certainly needs more than the 4 maps currently employed in the main 1 v 1, ranked game. Expand
  7. Dec 9, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with this one. Figuring out how the different mechanics in the game was neat, and the game mechanics themselves are very interesting. There are some interesting choices to be had here. And, there's a lot going on in every match.

Still, there are a lot of small issues that add up to the game not realizing its full potential. The game really throws you in the deep

The game really throws you in the deep end when you start out. I lost for four hours straight against the easiest AI while I learned to play, and I've played a whole lot of tower defense games before. So it's not very friendly to new players.

As you get more experienced in the game, however, it's not your skill that starts to hold you back, it's the interface. Moving units around in the queue is awkward, and the queue itself is very unresponsive. To load up a Trojan horse, I typically have to click on the horse icon 4 or 5 times to get it to respond. This is inexcusable in a competitive game.

I absolutely love the tower wars mechanics, and it's a lot of fun to play. But ultimately, there are too many flaws for this to be a good game.
  8. Aug 16, 2012
    Do not be fooled. COOP usually means Players vs AI. This is not the case. It's all PvP. No coop in a Tower Defense game. This pretty much summarizes my thoughts. The lack of coop (multiple players against the AI) is unacceptable for a TD game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_gameplay

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Interesting variation of the tower defense genre suffers from chaotic gameplay and an absence of single-player mode. [Oct 2012]
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    Tower Wars looks colorful and steampunk-y, but doesn't offer much. Three maps, one raceā€¦ And this is in a multiplayer-oriented game?
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    Tower Wars feels as if it were designed specifically for hardcore strategists. With a tutorial that skips important concepts and the tendency for matches to become one sided, the result is an uncomfortable and frustrating experience for beginners.