• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 14, 2011
7.7

1. Jul 10, 2013
    A very fun arcade style racing with awesome huge ramps and stuff. Drifting is very important and the graphics are amazing compared to the older trackmania games! 10/10
  2. Sep 17, 2011
    I am obsessed and in love. TrackMania 2 Canyon has arcade style car handling that is precise and responsive. Easy to learn and hard to master. Graphics are simple, clean and impressive. The online ranking system is revealed layer by layer in an involving fashion that is massively rewarding. This is my favourite game to play hot seat with a friend or group of friends in local party play. II am obsessed and in love. TrackMania 2 Canyon has arcade style car handling that is precise and responsive. Easy to learn and hard to master. Graphics are simple, clean and impressive. The online ranking system is revealed layer by layer in an involving fashion that is massively rewarding. This is my favourite game to play hot seat with a friend or group of friends in local party play. I have had an absolute blast playing this game for the last few and I can see myself playing more and more as time goes on and I get into the massive customisation options and start downloading tracks. Now, excuse me while I go improve my time... Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2011
    Are you kidding me? How do you take a game that has over 6 million players online and make it better? This is how you do it.Trackmania 2 Canyon is absolutely a must own, must play game if you want it all in a multiplayer game,PERIOD.
    Admittedly,it has a few unforgiving learning curves when it comes to the editors and how to's when trying them out but, if you played the former it shouldn't be a big hassle.The player and forums are a valuable reference to most questions that need answered.Most folks are friendly and are willing to share info. Gone are the Airbrakes that most were used to in the original and,drifting has taken its place to master and overcome obstacles & mishaps.The overall handling of the new vehicle(s) aren't as tight as the original Stadium car but, with practice you will become proficient enough to hang in there with the best of them. What more could you ask for? New graphics,new editor interface,support,great gameplay.Absolutely a FANTASTIC game.Thanx Nadeo for your dedication and hopefully a new environment ASAP. As far as Godwhacker's complaints...obviously he doesn't get it and probably never will.Too Bad....somethings you just gotta work for to make you appreciate this game and how to make yourself a better player.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    very interesting game to play, great graphics, challenging gameplay in multiplayer mode, plus the feature editor is making a true gamers are reluctant to move from the front of the monitor.
    but the weakness is the lack of bots. if there is a bot maybe this game will dominate the market with a genre of racing games
  5. Jan 3, 2012
    A very fun game indeed...
    I've played TMUF since it arrived and just started Tm2 about 3 weeks ago and am finding it hard to get back to the first because I'm having so much fun with the new one now. I really love the connection between the game & Maniaplanet exchange...Particularly the "install & play" feature.
    It does feel like a cross between Coast & Island environments from TMU, but I
    A very fun game indeed...
    It does feel like a cross between Coast & Island environments from TMU, but I like it just fine
    and I think the MT interface, though much nicer looking...is still not easy to use. I also agree with Godwhacker and hope the "Puzzle & stunt" modes will be brought back to the game
  6. Mar 13, 2012
    Fun, addictive... In a word, excellent. Easy to learn doesn't mean easy to master. You'll spend many hours to find the ideal paths. If you liked other Trackmania, you may also like this. The downside is that it contains only 1 environment and only races (no stunt, platform... ).
  7. Dec 21, 2011
    Thinking driving mechanics, they removed all that was good with TMNF and put in stuff that's more like NFS. This is like a messy splice between two good, but totally different driving series.
  8. May 15, 2012
    Easy arcade style handling, short tracks with huge jumps and speed. Thats what this game is about. Biggest difference in previous Trackmanias are drifting and better graphics. Drifting brings new dimension to driving and I never play previous titles anymore.

Single player is boring and works for tutorial, but online is where the fun starts. Since game has track editor there is thousands of user created tracks and best thing is that user created tracks are mostly awesome. Usually amateurs make bad content, but you cant go very wrong with the tracks and bad maps are removed from servers. Like previous titles this has RPG tracks too, what are very hard and take hours to finish. Very, very clever. Another thing what makes this game so good is adrenaline rush cause you dont know what is after next jump or curve. Awesomeness of this game is impossible to show in videos or text, you need to play to understand what I'm talking about.
  9. Dec 15, 2013
    Beautiful looking game. Has its own map editing tool that is available along with the game itself witch is a real must have. Me and my friends across the globe play together all on one server, pretty much everyday from about noon EST till sometimes 5 or even near till 8 in the evening EST.

Most of also have all the other maniaplanet games and enjoy them very much, we have put well over 500 hours into canyon alone total and as for the others we have roughly around 10 or 20 so far. Great game, really cool. 10/10
  10. Mar 11, 2013
    Superb racing game. The actual gameplay is as you would expect it from a Trackmania Title: fast, crazy, "easy to learn but hard to master", simply addictive. Besides, the building aspect of this game is just fantastic. I can't say how many hours I just spent building my own track in the editor. Again, "easy to learn but hard to master", since it's incredibly easy to create a map, butSuperb racing game. The actual gameplay is as you would expect it from a Trackmania Title: fast, crazy, "easy to learn but hard to master", simply addictive. Besides, the building aspect of this game is just fantastic. I can't say how many hours I just spent building my own track in the editor. Again, "easy to learn but hard to master", since it's incredibly easy to create a map, but harder to find nice, smooth, flowy transitions to make it memorable. The ManiaPlanet platform also allows players to create skins, change textures, own 3D objects and even scripts to make an own gamemode. So, if you want to play a highly mod-able racing game with thousands of tracks, get this game, you won't regret it! Expand

1. Feb 13, 2012
    Trackmania is back! Except it's the same old game once again, only more beautiful and somewhat more refined. Racing online is especially fun and addicting, but why is there only one environment and only one single player mode? The fact that this has about the same amount of content as the free Trackmania Nations is disappointing. [Feb 2012]
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    Canyon may well become the definitive version of this smile-inducing stunt racer, but unless you're already a veteran it may be worth waiting a while before taking this sequel for a drive. [Issue#115, p.100]
    Great in singleplayer, incomparable in multiplayer Trackmania 2 brings competition to a whole new level. If the game editor was better there would be no other flaws. [Nov 2011]