Mixed or average reviews- based on 90 Ratings
Feb 6, 2014With the current bugs, total disregard to the community, addons that were bought but disappeared, addons that never got updated, but insteadWith the current bugs, total disregard to the community, addons that were bought but disappeared, addons that never got updated, but instead they released a new version or separated older bundles to increase the price.
In short, until they sort out the mile long bug list, I will not recommend this game.
-- MY RATING: 4/10
There are so many issues that I find it a daunting task just to list them; Maybe in the near future when I have the patience, but here are some of the big problems.
-This lacks the basic simulation characteristics.
- addons now are half-made and lack even basic features. With glaring exception of third party made addons, anything made by RSc(Dovetail now) is a waste of money.
- Not even the LCD's from modern trains can display more information beyond the extremely basic.
- They still refuse to use the Workshop at its full potential(before it was scenarios only, now they allow routes, but nothing beyond that... ).
- It has no joystick support,
- No TrackIr support and they see no need to add TrackIr support either(they believe it is expensive and no one uses it, but a fan hex-modded it in the game).
- The sounds are ATROCIOUS!
- Track sound, train sound, everything related to sound is bad.
- The AI is terrible
- You have to work hard in the editor just to get your scenario to function, this is due to bad AI and pathing issues.
- Bugs, Bugs, Bugs and never ending Bugs galore that are never, ever, ever, never, ever fixed. When a miracle happens and hell freezes over, the bug fix they release is sometimes worse than the bug itself.
- The content now doesn't even include scenarios, or if it does, it has them on bare-bones(Their excuse? Get them from Worshop)
- Exceptionally BAD support.
- Physics are bad, wheel sleep or even train weight feels weird.
- Is it freezing outside? Raining? Baking hot? No difference on the train whatsoever! Overheating engine? Never happens!
To make matters worse, they actively delete negative threads of the steam forum, they censor anything related to bugs or problems with the game, and they are even attacking negative reviews of steam by flagging it as "Off-Topic".
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME
I gave it a 4/10 because it used to be ok a couple of years ago and I'm honoring that, otherwise it is a 2/10… Full Review »
Sep 30, 2013Current cost of this game with DLCs is 2100 euro. Two-thousand one-hundred euro. This for simulated train-piloting. Crash and burnCurrent cost of this game with DLCs is 2100 euro. Two-thousand one-hundred euro. This for simulated train-piloting. Crash and burn RailSimulator.com!
...… Full Review »
Sep 28, 2013Exactly the same game. The only noticable thing they've added is XP, but even it does not work properly. Also some officail scenarios areExactly the same game. The only noticable thing they've added is XP, but even it does not work properly. Also some officail scenarios are crashing after 2013->2014 update, and all achievments you've earned were removed. I'm really pissed off by the nonsense they've done.… Full Review »