7.7

1. Aug 21, 2012
    The Best transformers game now after War for cybertron being the best before! Great Multiplayer and customization options. Escalation mode is improved and provided with other tactical options! Campaign takes 10 hours on normal so the single player itself is worth it. This game is a must for G1 Transformers fans and will keep you playing for months!
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    High Moon has done it again.
    Big fan of the G1-Michael Bay mixed style for the transformers, and the atmosphere right off the bat is quite chilling. Within the first 10 minutes you can feel the desperation for survival from the Autobots' perspective.
    There's always something to do; if you can get what you want to work. With that said, I am perfectly fine with the few glitches in the
    interface, or lack of VOIP, text, etc. in Multiplayer matches. To me, that was to be expected.
    We all have to remember that at one time, the PC community was not going to receive this game, and for that I am extremely grateful to be able to play it with a mouse and keyboard. Story is good, Multiplayer is better, and all my favorite transformers are in this installment. 9/10.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    This game has the potential to be great. I have not completed the game, so I cannot comment on story besides the fact that the first few missions are awesome. I had a tear in my eye, so High Moon did well there. The multiplayer is fantastic, not quite as in depth as the first one, but just feels tighter altogether. BUT The multiplayer never works. I am plagued with negative countdown timers (the matches never start) and a barebones community. WHEN I get into a match, it is some of the best multiplayer action I have experienced in a long time.

Other features that are missing from this obvious console port are communications. There are no chat lobbies, dedicated servers, VOIP (voice chat), or any other means of communications at all. This game REQUIRES being able to speak to each other. Private matches are there, which is nice, but there is no real way to play ranked 5v5's or 4v4's with your friends (premade). In order to play with your friends you have to play against them. I don't like that. I like being able to play a game where I can rely on teammates and have strategy.

One of the biggest things that bugs me is the general clunkiness of the menus. Everytime I have to duck a lobby, because it isn't launching, I have to communicate with Teletraan I or whatever. I'm sorry. This needs to be done at the end of a match. Even then, it should prevent you from doing anything. It should run in the background.

TL;DR This game has some serious matchmaking issues. The story seems cool so far. I am requesting a refund from Steam because half of the game doesn't work. Hence 4/10.
  4. Sep 14, 2012
    Super game with lots of action and some unique scenes. One difference from War for Cybertron that I noticed with this game was that Fall of Cybertron seemed to be much more stable on my computer. Another difference seemed to be that in Fall of Cybertron you didn't have as much ability to change players as you did in the previous version. Overall, this game is worth the money, but I suggest waiting for the price to drop before buying it. It's not quite worth the initial issue price. Expand
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    great game

single player, although fairly short, is interesting, adds alot of variety, has a strong plot, uses references to the transformers legendary G1 series and 80's movie, using catch phases and movesn that any Transformers fan of any note should know.
    On the PC the graphic options are limited, but the setting is fantastic. characters are interesting, and you feel you play a roll
    in a movie.
    The controls are ace, the multiplayer in depth and varied, adding to that the fact you can build your own tranformer to dominate online.
    Extra Multiplayer DLC is availible, and more is too come in the future, a drag in a sense, but really the modern day game thing now.
    Single Player doesnt include the choice of co-op this time, but you dont miss it at all.
    I WANT THE NEXT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I suggest you all TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT
  6. Sep 3, 2012
    Even better then the last transformer game (War for Cybertron) - which was a solid game. It has a better visual polish (the lighting effects are more realistic), while gameplay remains much the same. Tons of references to the G1 mythos. Voice acting has improved over the last. The only downside is they still don't allow the mouse/keyboard controls to be remapped. I suggest using Autohotkey (it's free) to do it manually. Expand
  7. Aug 28, 2012
    Old classics in a new wrapper. Bought at once, without hesitation. The game is easy, but at the same time is difficult, not much swearing translated by google translate
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    A solid third person shooter with Transformers wallpaper; underneath that, the game is clearly made by fans who understand why kids in 1985 went crazy for these things. For an old fan, the many references to the 1986 movie and the inclusion of Shockwave, the Insecticons, the Dinobots and Metroplex is worth owning the game for.
  9. Nov 29, 2012
    This is the first game I have been truly excited for since Batman: Akham City, and it has not dissapointed one bit. I am a huge fan of the source material for both titles, and High Moon Studios has shown that they are just as knowledgeable and devoted as Rocksteady. The game delivers on al fronts: the single player has been vastly improved from War for Cybertron, making each level a totally unique experience. The multiplayer has been improved as well, with the possibility of creating your own transformer. The game has not let me down on any point, and is by far the best and most original shooter I have played in months. Now I am left thinking the Michael Bay movies could have profitted from some of High Moon's expertise. Expand
  10. Jun 3, 2013
    This game is fantastic. It improves upon almost everything its predecessor did and is just an all around fantastic game... for the most part. Let me start on a more negative note this time. This game can lack focus And by that I mean that in almost every stage you're playing as a new character with a huge difference of gameplay style than the last. For instance; here I was shooting the crap out of decepticons as optimus prime in a gears of war-esque couple of stages. And the next I was playing metal gear fall of cybertron as cliffjumper. Thankfully this game provides a good difficulty ramp for each set of stages to allow you to get accustomed to playing as that specific character. Unfortunately once you get the hang of said character, you're immediately switched to a different one. My second and final issue with this game is that levels drag on for at least a half our each but that is remedied by a healthy amount of checkpoints about 5-10 minutes in between each other. Now for the god stuff and there is a lot of that. The graphics in this game are awesome. The game sports a larger variety of locations than the cramped and sometimes creepy corridors of the first game, and these locations look great on a good pc. I highly suggest cranking up the graphics all the way if your computer can handle it. And in each different style of play it brings to the table, it executes fantastically. The voice acting might be a mixed bag for some people as it is campy as heck. For me that's alright and in fact I enjoyed it because it felt like the original transformers cartoon. The soundtrack is composed of amazing sounding orchestral scores that create an atmosphere appropriate to that in the game. And story wise, it's pretty interesting. The premise is pretty much the autobots trying to leave cybertron after the events of the first game. To conclude this review I'm going to say that it is an overall great game. While the game can drag on in its stages and lacks some focus, it makes up for that with pretty much everything else that it does right. Given that, I give this game an 8 out of 10. Expand
  11. Sep 21, 2012
    Unbelievable, but new game about transformers is better than previous games from High Moon Studios. Different gameplay for different persons of franchise and very interesting story. Fall of Cybertron - very good third-person shooter.
  12. Apr 25, 2013
    I liked it a lot. It was an interesting take on the origin story behind the Transformers' arrival on earth. What is good is also plentiful. So I'll just go and say what i DIDN'T like. First off, the optimization. Graphically it's stunning, but i've had more demanding games stutter less. Second, it's the annoying bugs. Many a player will find themselves reloading a checkpoint several times just to get the game script going again. It's a minor issue, but it's there and it put a damper on an otherwise very enjoyable experience. Third, the lack of choice when choosing your transformer. War for cybertron had this spot on, why this was changed here i cannot fathom. Predetermined autobots/decepticons can be fun, but only for one playthrough. Lastly, the gameplay. They should've laid off of the arena battles. The change of pacing between mission was a treat, but in the end it all came down to shooting enemies until something other happened and the script moved on. All in all, it's a good game. However for me, it was only good the first time around. The story was great, the characters were great, the scenery was great, but after finishing the game the only thing i thought to myself wasn't "I want to do this again", it was "Thank god this is over". Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    An amazng bombastic KABOOMFEST . Fits the transformers vibe perfectly. Sound is amazing and just as youd expect. Graphics are gorgeous (for a game also on consoles). I just love it! If you hate the old 80's transformers do not apply. If you love the Michael Bay Transformers... who am I kidding, thers nobody like that.
  14. May 8, 2014
    It is still as linear and scripted as the older game but has improved in due part to better level design gameplay and customization. Whereas the first game became old too fast, this new game is overall diverse enough to motivate another replay or too.
  15. Oct 9, 2012
    this game is the most fun ive had all year, and its not even close. it does NOT have the depth of an rpg, its just a great, fast paced shooter on an EPIC scale. A scale bigger than god of war 3. graphics are great, audio is great, and the controls with m/k are tight. if youre not a fan of transformers, download the demo, this game might change you. if you are a fan, GO GET THIS RIGHT NOW. you will get goosebumps every 10 seconds of the story. Expand
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    Best game to play when you are in mood to be calm and cool and don't want to get any anxiety. They are only robots haha. Just a good training for reaction, I'd say something like car races. Also great environment, very bright and stylish. I like this game. A little flaw - it's difficult to find how to change controls (as the middle button of my mouse doesnt work in the game).
  17. Jan 5, 2013
    Story: 7 --- You're on Cybertron and it's dying so you decide to leave but Megatron won't let you. Simple but fun. --- Graphics: 8 --- It's a console port but it's still pretty damned pretty. There's a lot of detail packed into those textures and the character designs are fantastic. --- Sound: 7 --- It's top notch quality sound but the character comments get old and the background noise can often drown out the conversations between characters. However, there is more variation than the first and they do better with all of the characters except for Soundwave. So a point up for that. --- Game Design: 9 --- It's a shooter but you can turn into cars, helicopters and jets and stuff. The levels are well-made but too linear. More importantly, there is variation in the game as you get to play through many different Autobots and Decepticons. Nothing is more satisfying than turning into a giant dinosaur and smashing hundreds of Insecticons. I love Grimlock, even if he doesn't know he's a dinobot. --- Fun Factor: 10 --- The fun factor is Optim(us)al. Take the most fun action-packed tight-quarter levels from Halo and give me the ability to turn into vehicles and I will give you a 10 9 times out of 10. It's awesome! --- Overall: 9 --- I loved the first but the second is even better. You can tell that the developers are really into Transformers and games. This isn't one of those games made to do everything and be the best FPS of all time. And for that I give it bonus points. It's the best most varied linear-level FPS I've ever played (better than Gears of War). Expand
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    I guess this is a fun game to play on a console, but for the PC player this game seems like a pretty much boring experience, compared to a more complex games. Also the Transformers universe is fun only for the anime/movie fans, but not for a general public. Other than that is a pretty good third person shooter. If you like such you can check this game out.
  19. Mar 12, 2014
    great game, a great game for a break from all the other games, excellent music and design,  probably the best game of the Transformers, a pleasure delivered 10/10
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (0/2)

Wildcard (0)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron oozes quality, in every aspect, easily surpassing its predecessor (which was a mediocre game in any case) and is definitely counted among the best third person shooters of the year. [October 2012]
    Breathtaking action is better to watch than to play – great visuals and thick atmosphere on one hand dull story, corridors and short lifespan on the other – we've expected a bit more. [Nov 2012]
  3. Sep 23, 2012
    By its impressive setting, missions great variability and a perfect screenplay, dignity has been restored to the Transformers' game series. This is a great mound scrap iron performance that is going to make every Transformers fan happy.