5.5

1. Nov 18, 2011
    Well, this game has beautiful graphics. There are desturible environment and 3D objects. However, the single player is really bad, i mean there are not a lot of actions and every mission is the same. There are no allies you can rely on. All you do is shoot and run and shoot and run.
  2. TylerH
    Jul 14, 2009
    I purchased this game assuming it had LAN tied in with the multiplayer... nope, just internet, a rather ridiculous decision, something that had better be put in with a patch of some sort. For a plot, it loosely follows the movie with a couple random never before seen transforms thrown in for no apparent reason. It gets repetitive quick. Controls are terrible, you have to hold a button I purchased this game assuming it had LAN tied in with the multiplayer... nope, just internet, a rather ridiculous decision, something that had better be put in with a patch of some sort. For a plot, it loosely follows the movie with a couple random never before seen transforms thrown in for no apparent reason. It gets repetitive quick. Controls are terrible, you have to hold a button down to go into vehicle mode and keep it held the entire time... that is a pain in the ass. The game lacks a definite customization choice in the control outcomes that make the game itself ludacris to play. Lots of technical issues, graphics are only sub-par and should be far better, not very much is destructible in the environment. I want a transformers game with at least Crysis like graphics and where you get to truly destroy things, not just fences and lightpoles. The weapon array is weak, you only get your primary and secondary weapons, a special attack, and mele. This game lacks way too much to be a good game, instead its either completely average or below. Too many issues hold it back, when you think your having fun, you snap back into reality and realize your not. At least I got this for $30, and not $60 like the ps3 version i was considering getting, instead got pc for lan... which it doesn't have. LAME. Expand
  3. May 19, 2012
    worst game i have bought so far. sure, the graphics were great, the multiplayer was okay, but it was. so. repetitive. the A.I was terrible, and there was no proper cut scenes throughout the terrible single player campaign: it was just a bunch of robots standing around and talking. the upgrade mechanic used in the single player campaign would of been better off been used in the multiplayer,worst game i have bought so far. sure, the graphics were great, the multiplayer was okay, but it was. so. repetitive. the A.I was terrible, and there was no proper cut scenes throughout the terrible single player campaign: it was just a bunch of robots standing around and talking. the upgrade mechanic used in the single player campaign would of been better off been used in the multiplayer, but no. the lack of a proper free roam (and not to mention, the lack of destructible environments found present in the first game) is just insulting; the first one was just so much better. in this game's "free roam", you can choose to do free roam in Tokyo, Egypt, etc, but they are small, and are deserted. you can do longer run around, blowing up buildings, throwing cars at other cars, attack the army that are sent to destroy you (if you destroy stuff), and the random robot fight. there is little-to-no presence of life in the free roam section. the multiplayer is kind of fun, but it is lacking in things that actually make it worth while to play. and plus there are lots of little kids. the only thing that was fantastic about the game was the fact that you could unlock shows from the original TV series. the first game was so much better. however, it seems that activision doesn't give a damn about quality, and, as usual, only gives a damn about the quantity. Expand
  4. Jan 22, 2012
    A repetetive and broken third person shooter in which you run around as a giant robot killing other giant robots. Or just the one giant robot whos a bit harder. Or escort some people while fending off some more giant robots. Or fly/drive around smashing into glowing objective markers. That basically sums up the whole campaign, which revolves around the aforementioned missions. The goodA repetetive and broken third person shooter in which you run around as a giant robot killing other giant robots. Or just the one giant robot whos a bit harder. Or escort some people while fending off some more giant robots. Or fly/drive around smashing into glowing objective markers. That basically sums up the whole campaign, which revolves around the aforementioned missions. The good bits from the first game, like the freeroam and destruction, are gone, replaced with boring level design coupled with almost no destruction. Shooting is twitchy, due to the fact that you have to hold down the 'pull out gun' control then fire, and melee isn't all that fun. Transforming is great and all and the driving has greatly improved from the last game, there is no longer the nitro and drift and jump mechanics that made it feel like a driving game (a poorly designed one, however). Now, transforming is simply sprinting, which is a good thing as theres not so many details that the design team didn't have enough time to make it.
    Multiplayer is sub-par, with a decent mathcmaker but only 4v4 matches. There is no progression and some characters are too powerful, though all feel the same in terms of handling.
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    Just as the movie is, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a terrible, terrible game. First it was loosely installed within my computer, possibly because of the lack of updates and patches those **** forgot to make. Not only that; the multiplayer servers are empty and disorganized, the campaign is too repetitive and monotonous etc. This is a game you would definitely love to miss.
  6. RobS
    Jul 31, 2009
    I gave this a shot since the last game based on a movie I played was Independence Day, and that game made me want to barf. So, with an open mind I played this and realized...yep, another movie based game. Nothing more than shitty excuse for a game created by the dumbass bigwigs who try to capitalize on the success/hype of a blockbuster hit, and then ultimately fail because the only people I gave this a shot since the last game based on a movie I played was Independence Day, and that game made me want to barf. So, with an open mind I played this and realized...yep, another movie based game. Nothing more than shitty excuse for a game created by the dumbass bigwigs who try to capitalize on the success/hype of a blockbuster hit, and then ultimately fail because the only people that actually buy this kind of shit must be masochists. It's not even worth pirating it's so horrible. Expand

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen comes up short in a number of categories, due in large part to its repetition, odd control layout, poor AI and almost total lack of presentation. Running around and just shooting stuff has its merits, though it does get old after a bit.
  2. If you are looking to play a game to get the experience of multiplayer while not actually being online, this may be the game you’ve been looking for.
  3. Action. That's very much what we're going to find in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, a good action game that offer an interesting multiplayer mode. The graphic engine's just fine, same thing with the sound and it's strange voice acting. It's an interesting game if you're looking to have some fun, but that's very much all what we're going to find in this latest film adaptation.