Transformers: War for Cybertron PC

7.9

1. Sep 28, 2011
    Transformers: Battle for Cybertron is the Star Wars Battlefront 2 for Transformers. I.E. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best they've got. First off if you're looking at this like I was for a multiplayer alternative to Modern Warfare, you might as well give up now. When I logged on at 11am Alaska time- there were 16 people online- total. There are no servers, you browse via XBOXTransformers: Battle for Cybertron is the Star Wars Battlefront 2 for Transformers. I.E. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best they've got. First off if you're looking at this like I was for a multiplayer alternative to Modern Warfare, you might as well give up now. When I logged on at 11am Alaska time- there were 16 people online- total. There are no servers, you browse via XBOX choose a mission and let us place you in a game style. Single player looks good, but the graphics are outdated and you'll be annoyed to know in the campaign I didn't see a way to keep Optimus Primes melee weapon out. Because it does so much more damage, instead he swings it once and spends half a second putting it away- while you're getting shot. For games overall it's not good, for Transformers games- apparently- it's the best. Expand
  2. Aug 19, 2010
    PC gamers will grimace at the console-style control concepts and ui elements, although by the time they have played it long enough to become frustrated they will have seen all the game has to offer anyway. suggested rating pg13-
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    BAD: I am very disappointed. This is the first Transformers game I have ever played. I tried single player decepticon campaign to see what is going on, but for me it is boring: grey colors everywhere, the transformation is not spectacular, gameplay is just go kill, go kill, open the next door, kill etc. nothing special. You cannot see opponents vitality. GOOD: Unreal engine, fast.
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    You can not rebind your keys for the PC version. I don't believe it is hard to program in the ability to change keys. I wont even bother trying to play it because of that simple reason alone.
  5. May 1, 2016
    Bad game is bad. We bought a bunch of copies for the coop campaign but deleted it after about an hour. Very bad gameplay, very poor controls, highly repetitive levels, and almost no imagination in approach. I never thought giant robots smashing each other with guns and blunt objects could be this boring. Buying this one was a big mistake.

1. PC Gamer UK
    War for Cybertron is a respectable action game with a generous coating of awesome robots who turn into cars. [Sept 2010, p.92]
  2. PC Zone UK
    A decent Transformers game, at last. [Oct 2010, p.78]
  3. Transformers: War for Cybertron was set to be a great game. However, with the massive amounts of dropped matches and game crashes I experienced in multiplayer, it makes it a difficult game to really rely on and return to regularly.