Trapped Dead PC

4.7

1. Aug 24, 2012
    I was very excited about this game, but once i tried it, i felt that something was missing. It could have more strategy and less clicking. Unfortunately it doesnt, and that ruins it for me.
  2. Jun 14, 2011
    Well what should I say. This game could have been a very good title if the developers would have taken the time to acctually finish it. Since most games by big publishers enter the market bugy, untested and unfinished i always hope for some new "undergroundtitle"(like Farcry f.e.) by young developer Teams just like Headup Games. . ANYWAYS this Game might as well could be a title publishedWell what should I say. This game could have been a very good title if the developers would have taken the time to acctually finish it. Since most games by big publishers enter the market bugy, untested and unfinished i always hope for some new "undergroundtitle"(like Farcry f.e.) by young developer Teams just like Headup Games. . ANYWAYS this Game might as well could be a title published by EA . The game is so broken i dare to say it is unplayable. I mean it has a lot of annoying minor bugs and issues like: The Itemmenu disappears from time to time. When closing the door being warped to the other side of it, broken waypoints(if you send a charakter to a further away location he often just walks against some obstacle or takes the craziest detours) Items getting lost when droped, charakters just wont follow orders(sometimes you have to give 2-3 attack orders until they acctually start doing anything). yet i could live with all those bugs if it wasnt for the major issues that just make the game No-fun-at-all: incredible bad coding( i tried it on my Laptop with a 2.1 Ghz Dualcore processor, 4 Gig Ram and an ATI HD4250 and it was unplayable) The Multiplayer is just broken i tried it over LAN(didnt work at all), Hamachi(did work but the ping and the lags where so bad it was simply unplayable although we BOTH had 32.000 cable, Internet(we could see each other but joining failed after several tries), they Game keeps on crashing in Single and in Multiplayer which is just what kills the fun.Period. If you play almost an hour on a real tough map and just when you are about to get to the saferoom the game crashes and all your progress is lost. And that happens A LOT sometimes at random points and at certain points on some maps(they are simply unplayable the game will crash everytime as soon as some locations are reached). Well i would have loved this title if it wasnt for all that ,avoidable, issues. The idea itself the charakters and the gameplay are fun. Its refreshingly different to all those push button,shoot,you saved the world games and quite challenging. I give it 3 Stars for the great idea. I hope they will get the game fixed anytime soon because this game really could have been a innovative masterpiece Expand
  3. Jul 22, 2011
    The nicest review on here was from ImpulseGamer who siad: Trapped Dead is well worth it for the retro zombie fans out there; but I can't help but feel that's a real niche market you're going for there. And I mean Niche! Maybe that's why no-one decided to actually give the game any attention that it desperately needed.
    Anyway, I usually should listen to reviewers but I don't anymore
    Anyway, I usually should listen to reviewers but I don't anymore considering that they gave Homefront a 7, and that was the biggest load a w*nk since - well read my homefront review, but hey I can't help but feel they're right - or rather, that if the game recieved time then it would have been pretty good. Dead good in fact (pauses for laughs), but the thing refuses to play feeling like it knows it will disappoint you when you play it and tries to hide it's shame, the AI were clearly exposed to a leaking gas main as they're as stupid as....well, If I had a pound for every time someone called me stupid, I'd have £2.50. That stupid. But no the main issue that niggles at me is the fact it ISN'T ANY FUN! So - if they'd tweaked it, then it could have been good - but as it stands this isn't worth the RAM it consumes - that isn't meant to be a joke, the game eats RAM like a hungry hungry hippo - I have a powerful gaming laptop built from the proud people of PC Specialists...which can max Crysis out easily, and yet this game stutters....Explain that to me, Headup??
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    There's a lot to be liked about this game. The atmosphere is right for a zombie apocalypse setting and the controls actually work well, once you remap them to something that works for you. Where the game loses appeal for me is in the micromanagement of each of the characters. Your characters (1-4, depending on the stage of the game) just stand there like Happy Meals on legs, as Spike wouldThere's a lot to be liked about this game. The atmosphere is right for a zombie apocalypse setting and the controls actually work well, once you remap them to something that works for you. Where the game loses appeal for me is in the micromanagement of each of the characters. Your characters (1-4, depending on the stage of the game) just stand there like Happy Meals on legs, as Spike would put it, unless you actively manage all of their actions. You can (and should) pause the time to plot out their individual actions and not try to handle them all at once, but this gets tedious. Adding some character AI to let you manage as many or as few of them as you want would have gone a long way toward making this a pretty awesome game. Even just basic behaviors like "follow this other character", "if you see a zombie, run away from it" or "if you have a weapon, use it" would have made a world of difference. Most tactical games have some degree of autonomy for the units, even when micromanagement is the goal. But if you don't mind having to micromanage the 4 characters... ALL THE TIME, the game is quite fun and during its good moments, kind of feels like an isometric version of Left 4 Dead, which is not at all a bad thing. Hear that, Steam? An isometric version of Left 4 Dead would be awesome! Just saying. :-) Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    Trapped Dead has a nice idea but degenerates to a simplistic RTS. [Sept 2011]
  2. PC Gamer
    Sep 13, 2011
    Earns points for originality, but with better pacing and a heftier casting budget, it could have been a much better zombie game contender. [Nov 2011, p.79]
  3. Aug 17, 2011
    Returning to the horror genre's roots might be a good idea, but Trapped Dead doesn't offer convincing evidence of the idea's merits. It fumbles at every step except -- with the possible exception of mimicking comic books in its menus and cutscenes.