4.7

1. AWG
    Aug 14, 2013
    Trapped Dead starts from an interesting concept but a set of terrible, terrible, terrible controls and visuals nip it in the bud. Almost unplayable.
  2. Jul 18, 2011
    Multiple game breaking bugs (Do not alt + tab!), a rigid interface and multiplayer function thrown in as an afterthought make this game a fraction of the game it could have been. The game is slow to respond as there seems to be a delay between the orders you issue and the game registering these orders, some times not registering at all. Your characters take their time equipping newMultiple game breaking bugs (Do not alt + tab!), a rigid interface and multiplayer function thrown in as an afterthought make this game a fraction of the game it could have been. The game is slow to respond as there seems to be a delay between the orders you issue and the game registering these orders, some times not registering at all. Your characters take their time equipping new weapons, seemingly never in a hurry. The only way to have your troops automatically attack is by selecting the enemies you want them to attack with , however, this causes them to rapidly burn through all available ammo as soon as the zombies enter firing range. Your troops will not fight back if they are attacked, often resulting in a chewed up survivor because you weren't looking.The graphics are rather outdated but not in any way bad, the map design is interesting and the zombies sound exactly like 80's (slow-walking!) zombies should, as do the guns which look and feel good. Multiplayer allows you to only replay the missions you have already 'unlocked' in single player. As an avid Left 4 Dead player, I was hoping to complete this game with my friends, never playing single player but alas, that is not (yet) possible... On top of that, you can not see your team mates' inventory, health, stamina or ammo count. To add to the unrealism, dying does not mean dying (In multiplayer); You will simply respawn at a nearby save point. Do not buy for multiplayer as it pales in comparison to modern coop-games. This game can not quite make up its mind about what it wants to be, so it takes a little from everything and combines that. Unfortunately, it takes more bad points than good points and it ends up becoming a frustrating mess at times. Expand
  3. May 26, 2012
    I keep seeing people comparing this game to solid titles such as Fallout and X-Com and it's a little unsettling to say the least. Someone even tried to compare it to Neverwinter Nights 2 - I don't know what game they were playing, but it sure as hell wasn't this pile of slag. Fallout was a fantastic strategy role playing game, that had solid character progression, open ended questing andI keep seeing people comparing this game to solid titles such as Fallout and X-Com and it's a little unsettling to say the least. Someone even tried to compare it to Neverwinter Nights 2 - I don't know what game they were playing, but it sure as hell wasn't this pile of slag. Fallout was a fantastic strategy role playing game, that had solid character progression, open ended questing and game-play and wonderful environments. X-Com UFO Defense was a solid strategy, simulation with a dash of role playing elements tossed in. I really enjoyed how soldiers you recruited could have different characteristics. You've got none of this with Trapped Dead besides the actual view point of the game. There is no kind of character progression to speak of, so there isn't any real reason not to just run around tables and avoid combat altogether unless the game forces you to.

There aren't any "quests"; more like chapters, which is a real shame, because the game could have done it just fine. Even side quests like when your friend asked you to pick up a more beer were completely ignored.

The game environments are bland and lacking, sure it's a zombie ridden apocalypse but that's the end of it. Everything you ever need to find is just laying on the ground with a green aura around it, there's no sense of scavenging whatsoever, why can't I go through drawers, filing cabinets and search bodies?

Where exactly does the strategy come into play besides running away, attacking and using the occasional in game trap? For a game like this, a straight up action shooter would have been more suited then a slow, clunky attempt at some sort of crippled action strategy.

I am glad I got this game for only a few dollars, otherwise I would have been really upset I wasted money on such an awful title. The developers had a really good idea and instead just got really lazy with it.
  4. Jun 14, 2014
    Trapped Dead is a game that initially seems like it has potential, but playing it ultimately feels like work. Something about it reminds me of Fallout Tactics.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    its like one of the worst games i ever played. not sure if the developers even tried to play it after programming, guess they just wanted to make some quick and easy cash. nothing more to say.
  6. Apr 12, 2012
    I bought this game hoping the reviews were just people who liked newer type games and couldn't handle the slow pace of a strategical game. I bought this game for me and a friend since I don't like playing many games in single player, especially if there is an option for multiple players. I had played a bit of the game before my friend and I played and then we connected and tried playingI bought this game hoping the reviews were just people who liked newer type games and couldn't handle the slow pace of a strategical game. I bought this game for me and a friend since I don't like playing many games in single player, especially if there is an option for multiple players. I had played a bit of the game before my friend and I played and then we connected and tried playing coop. This was one of the worst experiences I've had in a multiplayer game. In order to play a level coop you MUST first have played that level in single player. You choose your players then you choose your level, you play the level and it's done. There is no level progression with multiplayer. This game was poor planning, poor execution. The only thing they did good on was making it look good so that it would sell. After that they continually drop the ball for every other gaming aspect. This game had potential to be great and I'm sad to say they missed the mark by a long shot. Expand
  7. Aug 7, 2013
    If you want a playable game, avoid it at all costs.
    This game is Published by one of the worst Publishers around, named Headup Games.
    Headup games has delivered different titles who are all underrated by their costumers.
    This game brings that back again, The controls are horrible, the save system is strange and feels bad.
    Also the voiceacting is nothing special.
  8. Apr 11, 2012
    Dont wast your money on this one people, the game doesn't even start up, that just cant be a good sign. And from what i can read about other reviews its full of bugs. Dont support the lazy and crappy developer. Enough said.
  9. Nov 3, 2011
    The concept is great, and the 3D assets look very appealing.

However there is a general laziness about the actual programming of the game that has made it virtually unplayable. The controls are laggy and sometimes outright unresponsive. The level design is straight forward and not fulfilling. Frankly the game seems to have promise, but falls horribly horribly flat. This game is NOT
    The concept is great, and the 3D assets look very appealing.

This game is NOT worth the money. I highly suggest AGAINST buying it.
  10. Sep 29, 2011
    This game is TERRIBLE! I love zombie games but this one is awful. Yes it has zombies, but Trapped Dead also has poor control, bad story, unlikeable characters, and a save system I hate. Project Zomboid (not available on Steam) is exponentially better than this stinking pile of software.
  11. Mar 27, 2012
    very bad control and navigation system. its very hard to play this game and the control make it not fun to play it. the graphics is okey. for the story i didnt continue playing since i was frostrated
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    The game's visuals and art style are where the positive experiences of the game ends. The controls are slow and sometimes unresponsive, even when they are responsive the in-game actions are just as slow. Many reviews spoke of bugs but I didn't get the chance to encounter many because a bug on the 2nd tutorial level made progress impossible. After re-trying the tutorial level I've alreadyThe game's visuals and art style are where the positive experiences of the game ends. The controls are slow and sometimes unresponsive, even when they are responsive the in-game actions are just as slow. Many reviews spoke of bugs but I didn't get the chance to encounter many because a bug on the 2nd tutorial level made progress impossible. After re-trying the tutorial level I've already reached the point of never wanting to run the game again.

I don't hate this game and appreciate the attempt at changing up the zombie genre with something that is less twitch shooter type of gameplay. Trapped Dead however fails in providing entertaining gameplay. I write this review to hopefully prevent anyone else from being convinced that the game is worth the cost to at least give it a try. As a zombie fan and a fan of tactical gameplay, I urge you to avoid spending time and money on Trapped Dead.

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Trapped Dead has a nice idea but degenerates to a simplistic RTS. [Sept 2011]
  2. Sep 13, 2011
    Earns points for originality, but with better pacing and a heftier casting budget, it could have been a much better zombie game contender. [Nov 2011, p.79]
  3. Aug 17, 2011
    Returning to the horror genre's roots might be a good idea, but Trapped Dead doesn't offer convincing evidence of the idea's merits. It fumbles at every step except -- with the possible exception of mimicking comic books in its menus and cutscenes.