8.5

1. MarkB.
    Jun 9, 2004
    You can downlaod thsi ENTIRE game for free off gamespot now. Great old game.
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    innovate game play (skiing, jet-packs) combined with large maps, solid vehicles, semi customisable bases and deployable equipment. huge player counts (forget 8v8 or 16v16- it is usually 32v32 or even 64v64). very, very customisable characters (choose each and every weapon, grenade, pack) that can be changed between quickly (without even having to suicide like other games of genre). easy toinnovate game play (skiing, jet-packs) combined with large maps, solid vehicles, semi customisable bases and deployable equipment. huge player counts (forget 8v8 or 16v16- it is usually 32v32 or even 64v64). very, very customisable characters (choose each and every weapon, grenade, pack) that can be changed between quickly (without even having to suicide like other games of genre). easy to use, very useful pre-set voice commands, huge scope for teamwork. it had it all, and is still (in my opinion) the best online game ever made -comparing it to everything to date. Collapse
  3. MaxM.
    May 2, 2001
    Tribes 2 is unplayable for most players. I would say 80 percent to 90 percent of all players aren't able to handle this game. Even I (a hardcore gamer) am happy to get one or two frags per game. Very well done and maybe the best game ever. But only for the best.
  4. l33t
    Aug 8, 2001
    This game is cool. I had "Tribes 1" before, and I think this one is better.
  5. MatthewL.
    Jul 3, 2002
    It really is one hell of a game! The online play is some of the best around and the voice chat adds more depth and strategy to the team play. The only let down was the offline mode. But for anyone with a internet connection (of any type) it's a must buy!
  6. Timanator
    Feb 17, 2002
    This is a truly awesome game. The only downfall is the high system requirements which prevent some computers from running this game.
  7. ChrisM.
    Jul 16, 2004
    I own it, i love it, i play it everyday.
  8. DarkKnight
    Oct 26, 2006
    And still one of the best Multiplayer online shooters around, and the AI isnt too shabby either.
  9. May 16, 2012
    Epic game, great player control, tough learning curve, but it's epic once you get the hang of it. Still being played today. The community has set up their own master server, that's how awesome it is!
  10. Aug 19, 2011

1. If you've never played Tribes before, well, heed my advice - "There ain't no butter like butter that's washed down with a healthy helping of squirrel."
    Amazingly fun. We're playing the hell out of it around work and home.
  3. It’s got some very good features (voice communication, integrated community options, good team action), making it a game I can recommend if you’re willing to suffer through the growing pains.