8.2

1. Oct 29, 2014
    A nice expansion featuring gorgeous new locations.

First let me say I liked Trine 2 so much I wouldn't have changed anything in there. With this expansion Trine 2 gets more enemies, more wonderful locations and more mechanics but all this is not supported enough by the plot IMHO.
    In Trine 2 levels were small and there was some sort of "progression" from level to level, in Goblin Menace
    it's the exact opposite: long levels totally unrelated each other (like going from the desert to an icy mountain) and even if the story "explains" why it's like that, you feel like the plot was designed after the levels and not the opposite (as it should be).

So, to recap, this expansion brings some good new mechanics and for Trine fans I can only recommend it; just don't expect "Trine 2 reloaded" because the expansion diverges a lot from the original game.
  2. Jan 18, 2014
    It adds a new story after finishing Trine 2. There are new wonderful places but gameplay is similar. If you like Trine 2, I think you would like Goblin Menace too.
  3. Jan 29, 2013
    Goblin Menace has the same strength (beautiful graphics, fun gameplay) and weaknesses (unprecise game mechanics, dull music, bad voice overs) as the original game.

That said, GB is a pretty descent add-on, that did not disappoint me. They really added a lot new level themes, like the desert, an aegyptian temple, the belly of a sandworm - colorful and beautiful again. The levels are
    a bit more challenging - so be prepared.

To anyone who liked Trine 2, I would strongly recommend this add-on.
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    I finished Trine and Trine 2 so I think I can safely make a comment on Goblin Menace without suspicion of being impotent at this type of games. I had a bit more trouble in T2 than in 1, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle, and it was still very fun and satisfying. Goblin Menace takes it to a whole different level though, which makes me feel that it was designed for hardcore players. If this were true and the difficulty was intentional, I would just say "not for me" and move on, but I feel the design is bad. The environments are often very confusing (ex. "that looks like a platform?, yeah, let's jump there..." - [falls to death]), experience orbs and flasks become increasingly brutal to get (toward the end there were some parts where the only possible way I could see was to commit suicide while getting them, then just respawn at checkpoint), and some platforming puzzles are so extremely "just so"-esque that, although you know exactly what you need to do, you just fail over and over and over and over and over (etc.). In T2 I actually tried getting all the secrets and some of the more unusual achievs, but in GM I abandoned that thought and only wanted to finish the damn thing. I got to the final boss, but I was just exhausted and when I realized it's just another obvious but very frustrating encounter, I just quit and uninstalled. Expand

1. Dec 8, 2012
    Goblins, orcs, wizards, knights, princesses, queens, sexy thieves, dragons and enchanted castles. Need we say more? Yes, it's a must have.
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    A great expansion pack worthy of the original game. Surprisingly, the game offers many new properly-dosed ideas, but at the same time it forces to implement new narrative techniques with the useless effort to hold the established boss concept. The actual gameplay (apart the boss thingy) is the pure author's pleasure.
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    This is an honest DLC – 4-5 hours of joy for 10 bucks guaranteed!