8.3

1. Jun 16, 2012
    High fidelity graphics, mediochre folk music. Diverse gameplay, puzzle game.

Unfortunately the game is fairly easy and predictable. More time baking the puzzles less time on graphics would have made this game quite a bit sweeter.

this is after all a descendant of Lost Vikings from the SNES, while there is more diversity of play it doesn't make it more interesting or imaginative.
    Nonetheless this is a decent time waster, and in a AAA industry its hard not to gravitate toward it.

I think ultimately less WoW and more Lost Vikings would have been advisable.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Very pretty atmosphere, but too pretty and too colourful for my taste. I also had a hard time controlling the characters and getting used to them, so I gave up. The puzzles weren't that hard, and not feeling in control of the characters made me give up after 5 minutes. I may give it a shot later, but it was nothing extraordinary at all, and the pretty, yet too colourful and bright, graphics don't weigh up for my annoyance at all. Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2013
    Boring. 3 character just make this game complex. not depth. I had a hard time controlling the characters and getting used to them, so I gave up. The puzzles weren't that hard, and not feeling in control of the characters made me give up I may give it a shot later.
  4. Mar 31, 2012
    Nothing new. If you've played Trine, you've played Trine 2. Glossy and shiny, but with the same unruly controls and similar puzzles. And you still don't see enough of your surroundings.
  5. Jul 13, 2012
    AMAZING Graphics and 3D texture for a side-scroller. The characters dont have a huge amount of depth in skills, but you control 3 very different heroes with very different skills. This game plays more like an interactive story. 2 thumbs up!

1. Oct 8, 2012
    Our heroes from the Trine universe are back at it again, whether they want to be or not.
    The short duration of the adventure is balanced by the constant number of puzzles and the fact that they had to be designed for solo and co-op play. But the first time you fire up Trine 2, the best way to do it is with patience and taking time to contemplate the scenery.
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    Solid puzzling, decent combat and gorgeous art - all for cheap! [March 2012, p.60]