8.3

1. Dec 14, 2011
    For me it is a best game of year. Incredible graphics, fun physx and gameplay. Art and sound is stunning. I recommend Collectors edition when artworks and soundtrack are included.
  2. Mar 8, 2012
    A smart, BEAUTIFUL and charming fantasy side-scroller that uses physics to solve puzzles which results im multiple ways to solve said puzzles. No game has pleasantly surprised me more than Trine 2
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    Visuals, gameplay, graphic, controls, puzzles, story... My god one of the best games this year. And only for 12,99. Take that overpriced ctrl+c+v "AAA" game titles.
  4. Dec 14, 2011
    The sequel absolutely improved on the original Trine. The storytelling is still lighthearted and gorgeous, just like the 3 characters. The graphics are amazing, even better than in the good looking first Trine. More variety in the puzzles and even in the landscape make this game one of the best experiences I had this year. And I've still got to play the cooperative mode.
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    Absolutely beautiful game - in fact, one of the most amazingly looking games I've ever seen. A charming atmosphere, great puzzles, music that delivers enough emotion to bring you to tears if only you embrace the wonderful game that Trine 2 has become.
    Take that and the astonishing support (both Pre-Release, including the Beta for preorderer, and post release) by Frozenbyte, you have a game
    worth every cent of its already low price. A clear 10/10 Expand
  6. Dec 9, 2011
    The controls have improved the graphics are jaw dropping they seriously amazing art design and atmosphere of a legened taile are and the gameplay is fantastic because the solution is never to hard
  7. Dec 8, 2011
    wow this game is maded finland and i live in finland and i am very proud of this game.
    For this game is a peculiar graphics and story is pretty good.
    game isn´t short. for me game is long enough
    and there is three playable character its make this game very cool
  8. Dec 7, 2011
    I really can't find a single thing in this game that could possibly detract from its quality. It improves every aspect of the first game by a long shot. I thought it was going to be mostly like the original but there's just a lot more depth to it, and it looks so much better now. The original looks great too, but this...it's incredible how a solid art style can make a game look so beautiful. On top of the visuals, growing plants using a dynamic stream of water never gets old (and there's so much more to the puzzles than that). It's just so involving and intuitive while being simple. The narrative isn't overdone and it's intriguing despite it being almost like a children's book. The banter amongst the heroes keeps you interested in the actual story while you play, just like in the original Trine. A game like this doesn't come around often in my opinion, especially for only 15 USD. That's an amazing price for an amazing game. Lastly, the game runs BEAUTIFULLY smooth. I have everything set to the highest setting at 1080p resolution with some anti-aliasing and I get super smooth frame rates on my outdated computer (GTS 250, Core2Duo E6400, 3gb DDR2 RAM). This game doesn't need a lot of AA to make edges look nice either. It just looks so amazing yet it runs so perfectly. I really have to give my respect to Frozenbyte, they've outdone themselves yet again. Expand
  9. Sep 10, 2013
    I play this game on co-op with a couple of my siblings every night, and the fun we have is only rivaled by Portal 2.

You'll never find a game with more a more beautiful atmosphere than this has.
  10. Apr 9, 2012
    This game is one of the funnest co-op games I've played in a while. The options before playing the game allow the increase or decrease in difficulty. For example, players can be any character even if another player is already playing that character, or change settings so only one player can be a specific character at a time. Also you can go from being able to levitate yourself, to only an ally, to not able to at all, which I saw was a complaint on a lower score, which seems to me they just wanted to complain. The difficulty setting is extremely customizable, from you could be half asleep to win, to you may quit cause of how difficult it got. My only complaint of this game, is the short scenes that you cannot skip, this is my biggest complaint for any game and has ruined a lot of games for me. Cut scenes are great... just not 100 times over right after a spawn spot where I die a thousand times. Expand
  11. Dec 7, 2011
    Gorgeous. Drop-dead gorgeous in 3D. Not just the graphics but the overall art design and aesthetic is sharper, more colorful, organic, and fluid this time around. Amazing job there.

The core gameplay is still intact, of course, which can only be a good thing. Added online co-op, which is clutch, and the ability to save the game mid-level, which is crucial in my book.

Really, the game
    does nothing wrong.

Only niggling issue (for now) is that if you play in Eyefinity/Surround, the Thief's arrow doesn't quite line up correctly with the indicated arrow.
  12. Dec 7, 2011
    Amazing graphics, perfect controls, improved physics puzzles and finally online co-op multiplayer. It is even better then the first Trine which was excellent. I miss inventory from original a little. This little cutie and good developer support is really worth more then release price.
  13. Sep 11, 2012
    To say this game is beautiful is an understatement. In stereoscopic 3D, this is the most beautiful game I have ever seen! For the first three levels I spent most of the time just standing around looking at the props. The narrator and voice acting are charming and the puzzles, while nothing revolutionary, are fun. The controls are well-designed but they neglect to inform you that the magician can rotate an object with left/right (A/D) so I developed other ways to rotate objects with the environment for most of the game. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but single-player is good enough for a 10 in my opinion. People that don't like the game because they can cheat with the magician are foolish: just don't cheat! It's more fun that way. Expand
  14. Dec 20, 2011
    One of the most beautiful artworks and graphics ever seen in a game, a close-to-perfect physics engine, allowing for a lot of creativity in solving the puzzles and the fantastic soundtrack makes Trine 2 one of the best releases in 2011. If that alone doesn't convince you, the coop mode and the price (13 Euros / Steam) should do. Demo now available on Steam!
  15. Dec 8, 2011
    Picked it up on steam for $15 pretty much a steal! Endless fun its definitly worth every dollar, or shoudl i say all 15 of it ;) 10/10 recommended for everyone
  16. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the best platformers I have ever played, a huge improvement in any aspect over the first one, perfectly optimized. Nothing more to say - if you loved Trine 1 you're gonna love Trine 2 eight times more :)
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    The production values of this game are something else. It's an indie game that looks better than any Triple-A title I've ever seen. The maps are varied, the monsters look incredible and it combines puzzles and combat really seamlessly. For a quarter of the price of a full retail game this is an absolute steal.
  18. Dec 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game makes your jaw drop in awe as soon as the playable title screen appears, and won't let you close it until the very end. While many games have level variety, switching from city to jungle to ice plains to deserts, only few of them have in-level variety of the magnitude Trine 2 has: Here, you may start at the outskirts of a forest, and without a level load, progress into dark spider-infested caves; or you begin at a sunlit beach and before the level is over, there's a thunderstorm with massive waves, from which you seek shelter in a ruined castle.

Seldom do I use the word beautiful, but it's impossible to express the visuals of Trine 2 with any other word. Trine 2 basically defines a new category of visuals, all for itself. While some games are stylized, and other games are realistic, Trine 2 is beautiful. Colors are so saturated that anything more would be "too much"; depth of the maps is astonishing -- while you focus on what's happening at the front, the background is alive and oftentimes, others in the room will exclaim something like "Look! Back there! Do you see it! Wow!"

As great as the graphics are also the sounds and music. Normally, the music is slower and gentle, but as soon as enemies appear, it quickly changes into a battle mode music, which lasts until the last enemy is slain. Superb are the voice-overs; the heroes are dubbed with great care, while the voices of goblins and other monsters deliver both threat and humor ("Do you think we'll have to fight them?" asks a goblin...)

The game controls are very intuitive thanks to the combination of mouse aiming and keyboard movement.

But the core of every game is its gameplay, and so, the rest of this review will be about how it plays.

Trine 2 plays great and is entertaining from start to finish. Developers are offering well-paced and balanced mix of 3 elements: Exploration, Combat, and Puzzles. The separation of battles by traveling and puzzles makes sure that you will not be battle-fatigued, and also allows the game to regularly catch you off-guard (my wife at least tends to be ambushed almost every single time, as she forgots to switch to the Knight when moving forward). The exploration aspect is, in a way, similar to Half-Life 2, where quite often, you have several paths opening before you, but if you select "the wrong one", you will quickly come to its end, perhaps finding a treasure, and so there's not much backtracking. Plus, it seems that optional sections are intentionally significantly harder, thus signalling "You don't have to go here if you don't feel like it". It makes the rewards at the end ever more rewarding.

Combat has been improved by orders of magnitude from Trine 1 by 3 things:
    1. The main fighting force of the enemy, green goblins, are now equipped with spears, which can be thrown or used for stabbing and smashing, so they have ways of attacking you from a distance as well as up close. This solved one of the flaws of original Trine, where players often sniped skeletons from afar without fear of retribution.
    2. Ambush system, where enemies are not idly waiting in the map, but rather hide in the background of the level, and jump to the front when the player is well-positioned. This produces enemies all around the player for increased challenge, without being "unfair" (like the teleporting demons in Doom 3 are)
    3. Enemy variations, with significantly more enemy types than the original. While the original only had skeletons, spiders and bats, here you will face goblins, trolls, demons, spiders and some more, which I'm not going to spoil.

Puzzles are vastly improved with the addition of fluids and steam. You will find yourself creating irrigation lines, combining steam pipes to fix broken steam systems, and finding counterbalances. But some enemies require puzzle approach as well, simply because they cannot be killed, and must instead be tricked or avoided.
    Already during the Beta, many public testers were reporting that puzzles may sometimes be "short-circuited" by using wizard to "self-levitate". In the end, developers decided to leave this option in, so remember, if you're completely stuck on a puzzle and it requires you to get over some obstacle or gap, your last resort is always self-levitation (which is not easy to do, so it won't happen by accident). Hardcore gamers may impose self-regulating limit on themselves to force them to be creative.

As I'm writing this, I'm also looking at the community forums on Steampowered.com, and see a prime example of the creative genius of this game: Players are discussing how to solve certain puzzle at Level 3, and there are already 4 totally different solutions to it listed. How many other games do you know where each puzzle has multiple solutions?

To sum it up -- Trine 2 is an amazing game and is accessible to hardcore as well as casual players. I can recommend it to anyone.
  19. Dec 20, 2011
    If there's 2 platform games that deserve a 10/10 it's this and Braid.
    Trine 2 is the most beautiful game I've ever played.
    Absolutely gorgeous graphics.
    The gameplay is challenging and interesting.
    Just go buy it...
  20. Dec 30, 2011
    Network coop. Beautiful visuals. Fantastic game play. This is a great developer that you shouldn't hesitate to support. Totally worth the asking price and then some.
  21. Feb 13, 2012
    Awesome graphics, realistic physics and nice puzzles for those who don't want to burn brain after the hard day to complete one game screen. It's a very great game to play with girl friend, actually this is the first game she agreed to play with me. Rumble Pad 2 and Xbox 360 controller working out of the box without any problems (I had major problems with Rumple Pad 2 in the original Trine game). Game engine is very optimized, even on middle-end card you'll be able to play on high graphic settings. Also it has great Eyefinity support, actually it's some kind of cheating in this game :) http://youtu.be/Rsb_iImG1_4 Expand
  22. Feb 15, 2012
    Simply a great platform-er with so many beautiful places to go to. You can't get enough of looking at it. Storytelling is marvelous and the soundtrack is as beautiful as the game itself, it is a must have if you like a coop game with a great graphics, great story and so much of fun. The price you pay for this game is incredibly low for what you are getting.
  23. Mar 29, 2012
    This is a brilliant game. As everyone else has said the graphics are amazing and the voice acting is top notch. While the story is pretty much standard fantasy material it is so well execute that it sucks you in. I can't recommend this enough. Its a gem of game and worthy of your time.
  24. Apr 19, 2012
    This indie game is easy one of the best in it's field. It is a side scrolling action based puzzle game. The puzzles are not to hard but not to easy, story and over all game is cute with well placed humor with an icing of a damn fine eye candy look. Don't let the fact that it is a side scrolling game turn you away from it, highly recommended. This indie game is truly a work of art that is cute and well made. Expand
  25. Jul 28, 2012
    For the genre, Trine 2 is a true 10/10 game, improving on its predecessor in every way. Combat, movement, and gameplay in general are fluid and intuitive. Puzzles, especially reaching the optional experience orbs, are extremely satisfying. The art style, music, and atmosphere create an immersive fairy-tale-like world.
  26. Jan 3, 2013
    Trine 2 is a game that makes me proud of our fantasy gaming generation. Trine 1 was already a masterpiece and against all odds, Frozenbyte made it even better. I mean how do you even improve on an excellent original!? I was afraid they'd screw it up but they remained true to everything that made the first game magical and they succeeded. I first downloaded this game for "free" because I was worried they sold their soul out to some evil publisher. I couldn't be more wrong. Sorry I doubted you Frozenbyte. I am getting all of my friends to buy this. I bought the collector's edition now and I will pass this on to my grandkids someday! They will be envious of our time! Expand
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    Trine 2 is an amazing platform, where you take control of a group of three heroes in a fantasy world.
    Strength of this title is the graphics but also the opportunity of interacting with the world for progress and also the opportunity to take benefit from each of character,making this title an unique experience.
  28. Oct 10, 2012
    Very fun and enjoyable game. I´d say one of the best, if not the best in the side scrolling/ puzzle genre. Amazing game I got at an amazing price from Steam.
  29. Dec 3, 2012
    Trine 2 is one of the most fun co-op experiences I've had since the days of the Amiga. The varying ability of the three characters to defend themselves or move around the screen leads to lots of funny, entertaining and cool co-op play. It also has a nice little story, a great fairy-tale aesthetic and truly beautiful graphics that seem to be optimised brilliantly - it ran really well even on my fairly crappy PC. It could perhaps use a couple more Lost Vikings-style ways to 'combine your powers' but that's my only real (half-hearted) criticism. Easily worth a score in the low to mid 90s out of 100 using a '50 is average' scale, so I'll give it 10 on here. Expand
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is so breathtaking and beautiful And soundtrack is just....AMAZING All the mechanism like platforming and physic just fit so well that i just can't believe this is a game of 15 bucks This game just like a EXCITING and SWEET DREAM !!!

For everyone of you Buy it and enjoy it
  31. Sep 12, 2013
    I never heard of Trine, a did not play with the first episode, only this.
    One of my colleague offered this game. He said it is beautiful, easy, enjoyable.
    And Yes! He was right! I loved every moment playing with it.
    Beautiful background images, like huge flower and animals (example: snail), various colors on various scenes, easy controlling, what else do you need?
    One sentence for
    describing the game Colorful and pleasant jumping!
  32. Feb 25, 2014
    An incredible game. The original Trine was awesome, but Trine 2 managed to significantly improve what was already a fantastic game. The major improvements over the original in order of significance: (1) online co-op. Need I say more? (2) the ability to save mid-level (cannot stress enough how much I appreciate); (3) combat - while the mechanics are the same, enemies are much more challenging, compelling and aesthetically interesting. I enjoyed combat in the original, but repeatedly killing skeleton soldiers wasn't all that gratifying; (4) puzzles - after only a few levels I noted that the puzzles seemed slightly more challenging than those in the original. Perhaps this is a trade-off for the ability to save mid-level. Whatever the case, I found the overall difficulty to be about perfect. I also loved the new environmental additions, such as water that makes plants grow, etc. Great stuff.; (5) graphics/art design - the original Trine was a gorgeous game and yet the sequel is noticeably more visually stunning. Probably the single prettiest game I've ever played.

I cannot recommend this game enough, particularly at the very low prices at which it can typically be had.
  33. Jun 28, 2013
    The soundtrack, the graphics, the voice-acting, the combat, the characters, the puzzles, the platformers, the story and 3 player co-op with friends. What can i say? A Masterpiece! Thank you, Frozenbyte!
  34. Jun 29, 2013
    Splendid! The soundtrack is great, and the graphics are amazing! Atmosphere that emerges is magical, I can only recommend it! A game to have urgently!
  35. Oct 21, 2013
    Very good Graphics and the physics are done amazingly well.

Trine is a great game and Trine 2 is even better. I can't wait for more games or client updates from these guys. If Trine 3 ever happens I will Pre-Purchase that game Immediately.
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing, simply the best looking PC game that you can find, If your PC can max out this game then you will have a very enjoyable experience. The levels are very intricate and have your mind thinking and is very fun playing with a friend over multiplayer, When i first played this game i was astounded by how much detail and thought was put into each and every puzzle, i beat the original trine and trine 2 will take an average player around 25-30 hours to complete, so this game will last you a while and keep you very occupied :D Expand
  37. Oct 16, 2014
    I simply wouldn't change anything on this game.

Graphic is top-notch, sound effects are nice and music is awesome. Graphic and music together create on the player a relaxing magic world feeling that kills any stress (also because puzzles are not hard if done with all 3 characters).
    I loved the irony of the dialogues between the 3 characters that more than once made me literally roll on
    floor laughing.

Now, the gameplay part. The game is quite easy BUT there are challenges (such as achievements) so that even if the puzzles are easy, they "suggest" what to do to make them harder.

To sum things up, this is one of the best games I ever played (works on linux too) and I enjoyed every hour I spent on this. I strongly suggest you to buy it.
  38. Dec 16, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game. The graphics are rich and beautiful and the voice acting is good. The gameplay is very fun and brought me back to puzzlers I used to play years ago. I hope these guys sell truckloads of this game because they deserve every reward for making something so nice.
  39. Jan 10, 2012
    It's very funny how people reviews it with low scores because they don't like the 2D games pr they say they're dead...LOL

Amazing game, amazing artstyle, amazing coop with friends online or local (greatly apreciated). Very nice game, with mod tools it would me more awsome though
  40. Aug 1, 2012
    I have a lot of mixed feelings about Trine 2, and my score doesn't even reflect half of them. Just as the first one, Trine 2 is absolutely stunning visually and music-wise. There was no problem there at all. The gameplay is very similar as well - you go through a number of levels, fight monsters, and solve puzzles, and you do this with all 3 characters at once, being able to swap between them at any time in order to tackle the next obstacle. The Wizard can conjure and levitate objects, the Thief can shoot arrows and swing via a grappling hook, and the Knight can fight up close and also use his shield to protect against the environmental hazards. I generally liked the levels, especially the Searock Castle, and the story (even though it wasn't the focus of the game). The dialogues between the characters were really funny too and added charm to the game. The only thing that sort of annoyed me was how Trine 2 took a complete favour towards co-op play and left the solo players behind. The reason I say this is because most of the game's puzzles were clearly designed for co-op play. There were solutions for solo players as well, but those were usually very frustrating to execute and at times even required trial and error ways. Usually solving a hard puzzle in games leaves you feeling great afterwards, but I didn't feel that satisfaction with many of the Trine 2 puzzles. Another problem with puzzles was that at times they expected you to have a certain skill already, like the Wizard's plank, and if you didn't, then you simply had to remove points from another skill and use in the one you need. So in essence there is no freedom to choose which skills you want to get. So that was a bit of a rant, and hence if you're looking to only play this game solo, then my score would probably be 8, but with co-op it is as good as 9. Generally I thought the gameplay has improved over the first in some aspects and worsened in other aspects, but overall if you don't count the fact that Trine 2 made co-op over online, the first game to me was superior. There was more satisfaction smashing the skeletons into pieces in Trine 1 than simply hitting the goblins in Trine 2. And Thief's grappling hook is a lot less useful now than in the first game because it seems that many of the surfaces in most levels cannot be grappled, hence making the grappling hook useless. However, Trine 2 did add some awesome abilities, such as Knight's hammer throw and Wizard being able to levitate the enemies now. Trine 2 also has a longer story mode than the first, but I am willing to bet the extra length is from spending more time on puzzle solutions rather than actual content. Generally Trine 2 is a great game. It's just I found it to be a bit too frustrating to the point that I wanted to rip my own hair compared to the first and hence the overall experience was not as pleasant on the first playthrough. I'd still highly recommend both games. They are fantastic and are among best indie games out there. Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2012
    Superb graphics and use of physics. Also a decently long game which takes about 8 hours to finish. playing with 2 other people can get a bit out of control so 2 player is the best imo.
  42. Jan 16, 2012
    ~:: Adventure, Puzzles, 2D, Best Graphics ::~ all these u can find it in Trine 2..but first of all..Coop for me was 2/10 why? cus u can pass all puzzles with Wizard box..so plz dont play it Coop of u wanna enjoy this Wonderful game.. play it Single player..u'll just say WOW..its really the best game ever it will sooo hard to meet these HARDCORE Puzzles.. dont ever think if it worth it or not..just go pick up the game ENJOOOOOOOY Expand
  43. Jun 13, 2013
    It is the best example of a sequel that improves all aspects and makes it the best way. Trine 2 has a unique atmosphere and graphic quality, which simply leaves badly multimillion companies in the industry, quality is sublime, lighting, effects, physical, all in Trine 2 has a high quality. The coop still works much better in this sequel, including new game modes and online mode. The story gains a little more weight but still quite similar to each other. Greatly improves the sound section, where even the soundtrack and dialogue highlights the characters is much more complete. There are many new skills in addition to the previous game, many new types of highly original puzzle. The boss fights come alive (Before they were almost nil) and make a very epic (giant snakes or dragons, with all the detail and quite spectacular). It's a great game in general lines improved everything the previous Trine had under. Expand
  44. Dec 10, 2011
    I grew up with 3D games and I did not like 2D Games, except some Gameboy games. But this game is just awesome. It connects the 2D view with amazing 3D objects and great lights, wich create a great atmosphere. The puzzles remind me of Portal, wich had a great Leveldesign. All in all it is a way to easy when you play with your freinds. But it is still a great Indie game.
  45. Dec 15, 2011
    Sitting down to a Trine 2 I did not have too high demands, I have not played in the first part of this game, I wanted to play a simple game platformer, I received a beautiful and extensive game.

Graphic style captivates the depth of color, clever use of elements of physics give the game an appropriate character.
    The game is just great.
  46. Dec 29, 2011
    Absolutely amazing. A various methods to beat the puzzle, beautiful graphics, three quite different characters, nice soundtrack and climate of old legends make it a must-have. The plot may be a big disadvantage, but it perfectly matches the climate of the game. Cooperation mode is well-done, but isn't necessary to enjoy the engaging adventure in the world of Trine 2.
  47. Jan 20, 2012
    In my opinion this is the best and most colorful platformer of the year (and in general these colorful games are rarely ever see.)
    Compared with the first part is a lot of attention paid to the plot. He became a lot more puzzles become more interesting and slozhnymi.Nu and of course the atmosphere remains the same ..... Insanely beautiful colors, colorful levels, nice puzzles, and much more ...
  48. Apr 2, 2012
    This game was a total surprise. I picked it up cheap at Steam and started playing co-op with a few friends, taking on one of the three roles each. We played several hours straight, the same happened the next day - and we have already planned another session tonight. Seriously people, if you like platforming or co-op this is most certainly the game for you. It is polished, controls well on the keyboard without a controller, breath-taking colorful graphics and really good physics puzzles which makes you and your friends stop and think for a little while every now and again. A really good game. A breath of fresh air. I dropped everything to play this - and I do no regret a second spent with it. Expand
  49. Apr 8, 2012
    Trine 2 achieves to be a really interesting successor to Trine. It features high contrast eye candy-like graphics, which don't distract from the game-play. You finally get to fight more enemies than skeletons everywhere, and the puzzles are way more interesting than in it's predecessor. The multiplayer got improved, too. Hooking up with your friends via Steam or playing local works smooth and easy.
    Trine isn't faultless though. Some switches for example are really hard to see, since they blend in well with the background, or appear in very dark corners. The animations often end abruptly or look clunky. This doesn't change the otherwise fluent game-play for worse though.

All in all, Trine 2 is a game worth looking into, and highly recommended for playing cooperatively.
  50. Jul 14, 2012
    It was wise of Frozenbyte to delay the release of this game to give it that lil extra polish, and that decision's paid off because the visuals in Trine 2 are simply stunning. In essence this game is a standard platformer fused with the occasional puzzle along the way. Playing solo requires you learn the abilities from each of the three characters available to progress. Where this game really shines however is through the use of multiplayer. Highly recommended. Expand
  51. May 4, 2013
    A charming 2.5D sidescroller in a classic high fantasy setting. The protagonists are 3 likeable heroes with classic templates: the light-hearted honorable warrior, the greedy rogue and the wise wizard. The gameplay consists of simple yet fun combat and even better puzzles which can be completed in multiple ways. The graphics are bright, cartoony and just beautiful. It has a good soundtrack which perfectly captures the atmosphere of the fairytale world and good voice acting. It is an overall very enjoyable experience. Expand
  52. Mar 12, 2013
    Easily one of the best puzzle games i've ever played. The graphics are great, the voice acting is awesome and the single-player is superb. Don't know about the console versions but on the PC it's a 9/10
  53. May 31, 2013
    What more can be said about Trine 2? The visuals are stunningly beautiful, vivid, and breathtaking, every animation looks great, the controls are totally spot-on. Coop and great dlc round out the experience. You can play Trine games in many different styles and they are all fun. Blow by everything as fast as possible, swinging along, kill everything with the warrior, or plod along carefully with the wizard, picking up every bubble collectable in and out of sight. Of course, most of the time you are doing a mix of the 3.
    Hard to say why this isn't a 10/10, because Trine does everything right and then some. But, maybe something was missing a very small something, that I can't put my finger on. Trine 2 is well deserving of anyone's time (and money).
  54. Aug 12, 2013
    Recently I bought the full deluxe edition. The game got several updates until now and feels 100% polished. Graphics, sound and game-play are just great. I enjoyed the game very much!
  55. Oct 7, 2013
    I think that this game is pretty short on gameplay yes but it has a lot of replayability value that if you are interested in doing the various achievements and challanges (finding secret poems and pictures on the leveles etc. The physics are well developed the 3 characters have various upgrade branches and each character's role is well established. The voice acting is well done especially on the narator's part the wizard and the warrior sometimes are speaking in a childish tone ,in my opinion i have not encountered any bugs whatsoever and the story is well made. The graphics are gorgeous, creating that fairy tale world. Buy it play it complete it 100% it's worth every coin :P Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2013
    Definitely one of the prettiest games I've played and the gameplay and platforming is great. Puzzles are quite challenging too. Definitely a must-buy!
  57. Oct 19, 2014
    Let me start off by saying, I am NOT a platform gamer by any means (aside from Super Mario Bros.) I think most platformers are boring and uninteresting. Not Trine 2, lemme tell ya! The level of depth and beauty this game possesses will drop your jaw! It is positively the best platform game I have ever played! The ability to switch characters to get past certain parts is awesome for the puzzling. Each characters abilities must be used and, the puzzles are fun! This game is a work of art, truly. I tried it on Steam's free weekend and I uninstalled every other game I tried but Trine 2. Quite addicting and just beautiful! Don't be surprised if you find yourself stopping mid game and going "oooo" and "ahhh' cause it's just gorgeous. Plus, like I said, it's fun! There is some decent comic relief in the game's dialogue too. Just a fun, great platformer and that's coming from a person who hates them. Expand

1. Oct 8, 2012
    Our heroes from the Trine universe are back at it again, whether they want to be or not.
    The short duration of the adventure is balanced by the constant number of puzzles and the fact that they had to be designed for solo and co-op play. But the first time you fire up Trine 2, the best way to do it is with patience and taking time to contemplate the scenery.
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    Solid puzzling, decent combat and gorgeous art - all for cheap! [March 2012, p.60]