8.2

1. Dec 30, 2011
    Fantastic visuals. Someone cared deeply about the art. The voice acting is great, the game play is very fun. Don't hesitate to get this or it's sequel.
  2. Sep 14, 2012
    The graphics are really great with very beautiful colors and effects. Story is mediocre but that doesnt affect the game overall. The puzzles are very clever and can be solved with every character you got, either thief, wizard and knigth. A bit small on gameplay length, featuring 15 levels and a secret one after you finish the game.

The intro before every level is very good and the

The intro before every level is very good and the narrator puts you in the story pretty well.

The music is just epic, one of my favourite scores in gaming.
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    The game is extremely pretty to look at. It's a good length game consider the price tag and there welcome complexity to the character designs. However, the game play is very lacking. The puzzles are extremely easy and repetitive. The jumping controls are unresponsive and lack precision. You see largely only 1 enemy type throughout the whole game which gets dull extremely quickly. TheThe game is extremely pretty to look at. It's a good length game consider the price tag and there welcome complexity to the character designs. However, the game play is very lacking. The puzzles are extremely easy and repetitive. The jumping controls are unresponsive and lack precision. You see largely only 1 enemy type throughout the whole game which gets dull extremely quickly. The coop play is awkward as the game is obviously not design only for single player. The music lacks variance. Expand
  4. Aug 24, 2010
    Basic platforming plus good physics engine = good fun but not particularly revolutionary or mind-blowing. I find this game enjoyable, and I know a game doesn't have to be full of new stuff for it to be fun, but really it doesn't capture my imagination. The story is pretty much traditional claptrap with very heavily stereotyped and simple characters, and the biggest challenge in laterBasic platforming plus good physics engine = good fun but not particularly revolutionary or mind-blowing. I find this game enjoyable, and I know a game doesn't have to be full of new stuff for it to be fun, but really it doesn't capture my imagination. The story is pretty much traditional claptrap with very heavily stereotyped and simple characters, and the biggest challenge in later levels is trying to platform while enemies repeatedly respawn in the same place, not very creative IMO. The physics does make for some slightly different puzzles from the usual, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before. Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2011
    Its a fun game, I like to play co-op with my friends, but it can get boring pretty fast. The graphics and physics are really neat for a sidescroller, and everything seems to run pretty smoothly.
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    I picked it up on a Steam sale, along with its sequel, looking for a good platform game. Graphically is just great for a platform game, cool sound, and cool characters, each one with his own specialties. Sadly, the games has many flaws that make's it really boring after just a couple of levels. First is the physic engine, which makes really hard to jump to small areas. The puzzle were justI picked it up on a Steam sale, along with its sequel, looking for a good platform game. Graphically is just great for a platform game, cool sound, and cool characters, each one with his own specialties. Sadly, the games has many flaws that make's it really boring after just a couple of levels. First is the physic engine, which makes really hard to jump to small areas. The puzzle were just to easy to deserve that name. And the levels feels repetitive almost immediately. There is no sens of progression. The story is average, but you will hardly see any connection with the gameplay. And the worst part, what will make you want to quite the game after less than 30 minutes of playing THE COMBATS!! First of all, the enemies are EXTREMELY REPETITIVE. Basically bats and different kind of skeletons (knights, archers, flame throwers, etc) and I can't describe how boring is to fight them... Avoiding them by jumping without being cut is really hard, and you will be in many situations were as soon as you kill a skeleton, a new one spawn. And fighting them is also terrible, the archer can't throw arrows in the air, and has no defense. Basically stay away and throw as many arrows as you can. The wizard only can crash skeletons by levitating stuffs, has no defense skill, and has no way to kill bats!!!. And finally the knight, the combative one, you basically stay cover with you shield, wait for the skeleton to hit you, and then just click many times until he is dead. Compare this with the old DOS prince of persia combat system, and this is just patetic.... So in the end, a boring, yet graphically beautiful platform game to soon be forget. Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2011
    I don't understand the hype for this game. The controls are botchy, the graphics are average, the gameplay is boring. I've spent 16 hours on this game getting all the achievements...trying to like it. But i don't see what it is that makes people like it. There are so many better games out there that this just gets lost at the bottom. Save your money and don't pick this up unless it is forI don't understand the hype for this game. The controls are botchy, the graphics are average, the gameplay is boring. I've spent 16 hours on this game getting all the achievements...trying to like it. But i don't see what it is that makes people like it. There are so many better games out there that this just gets lost at the bottom. Save your money and don't pick this up unless it is for REALLY cheap. Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2010
    Awesome game, it is so beautiful. I finished it but kept coming back and playing it again and again. It is exactly as another reviewer put it, I fell in love with Trine. I can´t wait for Trine 2!
  9. Aug 17, 2010
    What is Trine? Trine is a platform game. Trine is also in a sense a puzzle game. You should consider it a more problem-solving/logic Mario Brothers. You get 3 unique characters to control and you use their powers to progress through stages collecting powerups and defeating monsters while circumventing pitfalls and traps with your abilities. The great part about this is that there is aWhat is Trine? Trine is a platform game. Trine is also in a sense a puzzle game. You should consider it a more problem-solving/logic Mario Brothers. You get 3 unique characters to control and you use their powers to progress through stages collecting powerups and defeating monsters while circumventing pitfalls and traps with your abilities. The great part about this is that there is a physics engine giving the game gravity that effects just about everything.

This isn't simply box pushing and jumping from platform to platform, this is a box stacking, pendulum swinging, puzzle of motion that I've put many ours happily into. There is also a very strong artistic effort into the backgrounds and all the other details that just drip with emotion and beauty.
  10. Jul 19, 2011
    Kind of a cool concept 2D scrolling adventure, but the lack of an online coop mode means I likely won't play this game more than I would have liked to. Local coop only = fail.
  11. Jan 2, 2011
    Fairytale. The word that very well embodies the game as a whole. As you progress through the game, it feels like each level is a page in a bedtime story. Trine's highest points are it's amazingly well made narrative and the stunning visuals. Voice acting is top notch and the characters have very defined personalities, even the narrator feels like he's a part of it all.

The gameplay is

The gameplay is solid and the physics engine is fun to mess around with. Many of the levels are semi-linear, allowing for multiple ways to cross gaps and beat down enemies. However, Trine does have it's low points. The length of the game is rather short, I would say 5 - 7 hours for anyone with any sort of gaming knowledge. I don't really expect much more form an indie game but it certainly isn't your Red Dead Redemption. Another is that it lacks any satisfying boss battles or climax points.

Really though, at the end of the day, it's a nice platformer that I would recommend to anybody with a couple bucks to spare.
  12. Jan 14, 2011
    Trine is really a beautiful game and honestly the best platformer I've played in years. The atmosphere and art style make it incredible easy for you to dive into this mystic, yet colorful and lovely fantasy world (that, by the way, looks astonishing thanks to the modern engine) and the storytelling makes you feel like you're in a Grimm fairytale. The typical platforming elements combinedTrine is really a beautiful game and honestly the best platformer I've played in years. The atmosphere and art style make it incredible easy for you to dive into this mystic, yet colorful and lovely fantasy world (that, by the way, looks astonishing thanks to the modern engine) and the storytelling makes you feel like you're in a Grimm fairytale. The typical platforming elements combined with the physics puzzles and hack'n'slash moments make for an amazing experience. What might be a downpoint to some is actually one of the best arguments FOR the game: it's as entertaining as you make it. Uncreative players will soon find themselves using the same techniques for every obstacle and puzzle over and over again. If you let your fantasy do the work you can make it an incredibly entertaining experience though. The only downpoint is that the end feels rather aprupt (which is, according to the developers, due to deadlines). Overall it's simply fantastic and, at least to me, one of the best games of 2009 at all. Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2011
    Amazing platform/action/adventure game. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is both complex enough to be engaging but simple enough to master.
  14. Mar 15, 2011
    Graphics/Performance(10/10): The game has a three dimensional backdrop but it plays in 2 dimensions. Not bleeding edge graphics, but not too shabby either. Game runs like a dream.

Singleplayer(8/10): Good length, however most levels begin to feel very â
  15. Jul 9, 2011
    Trine is a very cool game from graphics to music, and with the classic fairy tale story it's a can't miss. Very gorgeous too look at and to sum up in one word the graphics are wonderful! Everything is put together so well and very pretty i might add. Music is great wonderful fantasy themed and is perfect for the atmosphere of the game. A downside is a not very long campaign, or very muchTrine is a very cool game from graphics to music, and with the classic fairy tale story it's a can't miss. Very gorgeous too look at and to sum up in one word the graphics are wonderful! Everything is put together so well and very pretty i might add. Music is great wonderful fantasy themed and is perfect for the atmosphere of the game. A downside is a not very long campaign, or very much variation. The puzzles are simple but yet there are at least 3 ways to solve each one depending on who is left alive in your party. If you can get this game for $10 or less, do it. Its a fun game that will give you around 5 hours of once-through game play :) Expand
  16. Sep 19, 2011
    A full 10/10! Not many games are worthy of full marks....this one is. Side scrollers seem to have all but dissapered, well not anymore. I have always been a fan of these types of games so maybe my score is a little bias but i love it. 3 different characters with different skills, all well balanced. Good mixture of combat and puzzle solving. A masterpiece!
  17. Jun 14, 2011
    Trine is a short and sweet physics platformer with great visuals and music. Controls are intuitive and it never gets overly difficult. It's definitely worth its $20 price tag.
  18. Sep 30, 2011
    great game, gorgeous graphics especially for a 2d platformer and some interesting puzzles. Its reasonably short though so don't go into this expecting more than a few decent hours worth of gameplay, the lack of an end boss or real end challenge was a bit of a disappointment but it is a great ride whilst it lasts.
  19. Jul 5, 2011
    Get this game!!!!

Get this game!!!!

I normally don't like or play "side scroll 3rd person games." But Steam had Trine on sale for only $1.99. I had to stop playing and come write this review I was so impressed! In fact, I've never played a game that was designed like this. An amazing narrator tells a story while you play, music really sets the mood and the challenges and obstacles are fun. It's a perfect recipe I had never imaged before. Everything is amazing about this game. The voice over, the music, the story and the graphics pull this game together. It's a breath of fresh air and a great change from all the other cookie cutter games out there.
    I feel bad now only paying $1.99 for it, and feel I should send the creators another $18 dollars. It's worth it!

Get it and play it! You will love it! I don't give great rating to ANYONE unless I feel they deserve it. Love this game!
  20. Jul 6, 2011
    This is the kind of game that is often overlooked in the sea of games but it's a real gem. My game library consists of every other type of game but this one and let me tell you..... I can't put it down now. It's very pleasing to the eyes and fun for the brain. I've got fast paced racing and ultra violent shooters .... but this game has gotten a good chunk of time since I got it lastThis is the kind of game that is often overlooked in the sea of games but it's a real gem. My game library consists of every other type of game but this one and let me tell you..... I can't put it down now. It's very pleasing to the eyes and fun for the brain. I've got fast paced racing and ultra violent shooters .... but this game has gotten a good chunk of time since I got it last month. It's like a sweet little escape into a pretty world with fun physics puzzles and a little old fashioned combat. Expand
  21. Jul 9, 2011
    The game looks fantastic, and plays pretty well. However, a few things hold it back. It's based entirely on physics. Balancing on things, tipping planks around and such, but sometimes these physics fail. One of the characters, the wizard, can levitate things, but sometimes whenever you try to levitate and object, and make it float, say, down, or left or right, it simply floats upward.The game looks fantastic, and plays pretty well. However, a few things hold it back. It's based entirely on physics. Balancing on things, tipping planks around and such, but sometimes these physics fail. One of the characters, the wizard, can levitate things, but sometimes whenever you try to levitate and object, and make it float, say, down, or left or right, it simply floats upward. Also, once an enemy starts their attack animation, even if you hit them first, or kill them before they swing their weapon, you still get hurt. This makes it incredibly hard to play without getting damaged.

But it's still a great game, and definitely worth the 2$ I payed for it on steam. Had I payed the full 20 it normally costs, I would still be happy with my purchase.
  22. Jul 18, 2011
    Great graphics. Puzzles that will make you think twice before trying them out. Straightforward game play for beginners and advanced players. For those who are looking to overcome challenges and solve puzzles with a drop of combat and adventure, this is a game that is worth your time.
  23. Jul 26, 2011
    An excellent platformer, looks beautiful, and a lot of fun. Local co-op available (if you have a spare XBOX 360 controller) Buy it now, it's definitely worth it.
  24. Aug 21, 2011
    Really innovative, beautiful, and hearty game to play! I was hooked on it until the end - which in my opinion came a little too fast (not that the game is short, but it is not long either: was done in 7-9 hours). The gameplay is really addictive; the thought-through puzzles, physx engine, and pretty colors make this an awesome sidescroller :)
  25. Oct 8, 2011
    It's part puzzle and part adventure game with a light touch of RPG thrown into the mix. For an independent game it's amazingly well produced and has a flow that few games can match. Reminds me of the first time I played the first Prince of Persia. Fascinating puzzles with an addictive mechanics.
  26. Feb 9, 2012
    Why you have to buy this game?

1) great graphics
    2) smooth gameplay
    3) here and there a puzzle

Why not?

1) After five hours of playing you're bored already
    2)repetitive
    3)Only local co-op
  27. May 31, 2012
    Wake me up when there is some kind of challenge. The monsters are all identical from start to end, the "puzzles" are extremely easy. The gameplay, three heroes to control and freedom to pass the level like you choose, along with the nice levels design and artistic direction makes it worth playing despite these flaws.
  28. CBZ
    Jul 15, 2013
    One of those little gems that you will love. I got it on Steam summer sale for really cheap together with Trine 2 and so far (more than halfway through) its a fantastic game with amazing visuals and good game mechanics,
  29. Jul 17, 2012
    Trine is a game that takes pride in it's work. From the story, to the graphics, to the level design every part of Trine shows care, polish, and pride. That is up to the end. There are no spoilers here, just know that the ending is very anti-climatic. The ending is what lead me to give Trine a 9 and not a 10. The path to the end, however, is very enjoyable and will keep you enthralled andTrine is a game that takes pride in it's work. From the story, to the graphics, to the level design every part of Trine shows care, polish, and pride. That is up to the end. There are no spoilers here, just know that the ending is very anti-climatic. The ending is what lead me to give Trine a 9 and not a 10. The path to the end, however, is very enjoyable and will keep you enthralled and frustrated at the same time. It took me 2 days or 12 hours to complete Trine and the whole time I just couldn't seem to force myself away from the PC. If you like puzzle platforming, then you will certainly love this game. Actually, if you just like games that require a bit of free thinking and puzzle solving then you will enjoy it. It can get frustrating at times, but remember: If at first you don't succeed, Trine, Trine again. Expand
  30. Jan 5, 2012
    Trine is a nice cool breeze in the gaming world were we're run over by violent games in general. Trine is a very nice looking game with a lot of fun features. It's a cheap game that continuously goes on sale on example Steam (where I bought it for 0,99â

1. Trine is simply an unpretentious and effortlessly lovely adventure, if never quite special enough to nudge into the echelons of 9/10 and above. Immediately likeable, hugely enjoyable and brimming with charming detail every step of the way, your enjoyment may depend on how many friends you can share the journey with, but few would regret time spent in the company of this trio.
  2. Trine isn't as new and exciting as current 2D platforming king Braid was on its release, but its combination of tight controls, exiting action and physics-based puzzles makes it easy to recommend to platforming fans. It's a shame the multiplayer isn't more interesting, but when played alone it shouldn't be hard to get many hours of fun out of Frozenbyte's impressive looking title.
  3. A charming and excellently executed platform game. [Issue#22, p.57]