TRON: Evolution PC

6.0

1. Jan 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, first off: this is a console port. In order to play this game properly you should really invest in an Xbox360 Controller. I haven't even bothered trying the keyboard/mouse system. I could tell that would probably be tough, just based on the button combos you have to pull off. Second: Be sure to download your latest video drivers. My computer had serious issues (the game wouldn't even recognize i was capable of anything above 640X480!) before I had the latest drivers. Once that was done, i actually found the experience to be quite pleasant. The single player basically fills in the tale of how CLU takes over, and how Flynn and Quorra hook up. If you enjoyed the movie, you will probably find some enjoyment in the storyline. THEN comes the multiplayer: At first I found the light cycle experience to be incredibly unenjoyable. However, once I started to figure out the controls (and the fact that the shoulder buttons allow for 90 degree turns, ala OLD SCHOOL TRON), my opinion completely changed. Now i find myself putting in at least a good half hour to hour of light cycle games each day. It's pretty fun. The disc combat maps are a mixed bag. If you get a good group of people that don't spam the OP special disc abilities you can have alot of fun, but otherwise they can be a bit frustrating, especially when your'e a level 18 going up against a truckload of level 50's. All that being said, i'm surprised how much enjoyment i'm getting out of the game. Really wish more people were playing online, but alas... The unjustified poor reviews are killing this game. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2016
    An ok if not unimpressive action game based on Tron license. I really loved the Tron Legacy film and wanted more of that experience so i tried this one out.

Gameplay is pretty basic. fighting with your disc doesnt feel as satisfying as i would've hoped, but its not broken or anything, it does it job and thats it. Theres Prince of Persia inspired platforming and wall running which at times may get you killed, but its not game's fault, you just need focus more. Light tank and bike sections were pretty meh, they had no weighty controils and it felt like youre playing with toy models. Plot was unimpressive and it didnt do so well bridging the gap between events before and towards the film, it just felt too relaxed. Voice acting was hit and miss, tho the guy who was trying to impersonate Jeff Bridges was doing a solid job, so did Olivia Wilde with Quorra's voice. Artstyle and graphics was done decently well that you felt somewhat close to being in that world showed in the movie.

Simply if youre a die hard Tron fan or liked Legacy and want more of Tron you should give this a shot, but dont expect an amazing or even very good game.

1. PC Games (Russia)
    Mar 21, 2011
    The visual design is delightful and the soundtrack is highly recommended for separate listening. Unfortunately, it's not much of a game. [Feb 2011, p.94]
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Propaganda Games failed to create anything that even remotely resembles the brilliant TRON 2.0.
  3. PC Format
    Feb 22, 2011
    A film tie-in that's above average for tie-in games, but that only means it deserves to be quietly de-razzed. [Mar 2011, p.108]