Twin Sector PC

5.8

1. May 29, 2012
    This game had potential however poor level design, a lack of direction, insane fall damage, and check points that are few and far between in certain areas make it a chore to play. Im a completionist so i finished the game however it took around 6-8 hours altogether with probably 10% of that being loading time, and about 50% being spent speed running through sections of puzzles I hadThis game had potential however poor level design, a lack of direction, insane fall damage, and check points that are few and far between in certain areas make it a chore to play. Im a completionist so i finished the game however it took around 6-8 hours altogether with probably 10% of that being loading time, and about 50% being spent speed running through sections of puzzles I had already completed after being sent back to a distant check point upon death. This game could have easily been a great puzzle game however the developers need to put a little more thought in there level layout(a lot of just giant U turn hallways with cage dividers serving no purpose other then to waste time), damage settings(falling 5+ feet is a instant death if you dont catch yourself), and the check point layout(the lack of many check points in parts of the game made it very unforgiving and time consuming). Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2011
    I honestly couldn't stand half an hour playing this game. Although the idea of telekinetic gloves does seem very innovative and exciting, the design of the maps make it almost impossible to use the mechanic in an enjoyable way. Glitches such as dialog that doesn't play (I've gone though the first level about 3 times and heard a different number of conversations each time) really breakI honestly couldn't stand half an hour playing this game. Although the idea of telekinetic gloves does seem very innovative and exciting, the design of the maps make it almost impossible to use the mechanic in an enjoyable way. Glitches such as dialog that doesn't play (I've gone though the first level about 3 times and heard a different number of conversations each time) really break the immersion. I don't care if it resembles Portal, has a very bland story, or having unmemorable characters that don't offer any help with the current challenge, but I swear if I pick up a barrel to throw at a switch and it falls without altering my movements at all, something is definitely wrong with the game play. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    Lol. This game feels like an old half life 1 mod. The environments are bland, the characters are bland. The colour pallete is terrible. The voice acting is a miss. I really don't like this terrible game. Puzzles are boring and bad as well.
  4. Apr 11, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. And not even joking. I mean, it is not that hard to satisfy me as a gamer, but this game failed completely. It begins with the sound (I have the German version and the robot sounds just HORRIBLE!) I just cannot listen to without having my ears bleed. The the graphic. Ok, it's not THAT awful, but still. They just recycle the same texture, and its not even good looking.Worst. Game. Ever. And not even joking. I mean, it is not that hard to satisfy me as a gamer, but this game failed completely. It begins with the sound (I have the German version and the robot sounds just HORRIBLE!) I just cannot listen to without having my ears bleed. The the graphic. Ok, it's not THAT awful, but still. They just recycle the same texture, and its not even good looking. And this is even more frustrating, because games with less developers have much more appealing graphics. The puzzles are frustrating, because they aren´t nearly as understandable than the ones in portal/ Portal2 were. maybe its hard to compare every puzzle game with Portal, but so it is. puzzle games have to face this enemy. And for me personally, the puzzles in Twin Sector just were confusing, witch is enforced by the strange physics. Huge boxes fly to the air and bounce of the ground as tennis-balls. The game also misses a soul. Portal had this fantastic humour, but Twin Sector has no atmosphere at all. Expand
  5. Oct 13, 2012
    The first thing you will notice is just how poor the graphics are but that could be forgiven for a great game right?Wrong this game has so much wasted potential the idea of it is cool but the game itself is so poorly executed with anything form bad voice acting to ridiculous fall damage.Not even the story redeems this game it is so flat and boring you will forget there even was a story.InThe first thing you will notice is just how poor the graphics are but that could be forgiven for a great game right?Wrong this game has so much wasted potential the idea of it is cool but the game itself is so poorly executed with anything form bad voice acting to ridiculous fall damage.Not even the story redeems this game it is so flat and boring you will forget there even was a story.In short twin sector could have been so much more in the hands of a more capable developer or even a modder.

Rating 2/10 (Horrible)

1. Twin Sector is a game or you love or hate, there is no middle way. But if we are part of the first category, the satisfaction of having solved a puzzle and the obsessive desire to move forward are sufficient incentives to shut one eye on the various flaws that are hidden in the game.
  2. It's a motivating variation of Portal, but not as good. It's a case of "great idea, bad realization". The use of the glove works great, but unfair trial-and-error puzzles and the tracer battles are annoying. The last third of the game doesn't offer anything new.
  3. The first impressions of this game are really good, but after a few minutes it already starts to get boring. The surveillance system O.S.C.A.R. is not really helpful. Messages like “Ashley, there is a problem” or “Ashley, the elevator doesn’t work” are simply useless. This game is nothing for a player who likes action games.