6.5

1. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to loseCertainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's farI didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's far from perfect, but a magnificent improvement." and they gave a 7/10 as opposed to its predecessors' measly 4/10. That was enough for me to pick this game up and give it a try. As any transition to a new developers' rendition of an RPG, the controls and interface took me a while to fully grasp and understand, but once I got the hang of it I could see what they were trying to accomplish, and it works for the most part. Combat seems rather high-curved and non-noob-friendly. Difficulty escalates quickly if you don't know what you're doing, but that is what makes RPG's shine; finding a way to make it easier, while simultaneously being fun. Visuals are some of the best of the genre, looks like Fable 2's beautiful array of colors matched with Oblivion's type of terrain. Makes for a lovely visual experience. As RPG's go, this effort is a 10/10. Only thing keeping my score down at 8 is the infamous force-quits that arise from multiple factors. Doesn't happen too often, but these days even crashing on a rare basis is too much. Plenty of other games that don't crash no matter how hard I push them. The other thing keeping it down is the lack of fine tuning. As far as attention to detail, they do a wonderful job, everything seems to be handled intricately, but there ARE some minor things that get missed, such as an enemy not loading an animation, or simply not having an animation, so they just kind of float around doing damage to you. Think of a newly released MMO, or expansion to one. Sure, there may be a few things that don't look quite right, but it's all working properly, so you just chuckle at the fact it looks funny even tho it is still attacking you just the same. Minor things like that. The main thing that attracted me to the game was the magic system. Skyrim's dumbed down magic was disappointing, so the extreme customization of magic in Two Worlds 2 was a lovely refresher, especially since it has a large amount of real-time physics involved, not just animation and effect. Two worlds 2 summed up in 6 words; "the RPG that Fable never was", as it takes a lot of design and aesthetics from the Fable series, but expands on it more than Lionhead could ever hope to. All in all, a solid game-play experience. If you're bored with Skyrim, Fable, your MMO, or any other RPG out there, give Two Worlds 2 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get the hang of it. Just make sure to save pretty much after every quest turned in and every group of enemies killed, as you never know when a force-close will force you to do it all over again. Expand
  3. Feb 15, 2012
    Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better,Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better, but its already a huge step forward from the previous one. Expand
  4. Oct 28, 2011
    This review covers the single player game, patch version 1.3

This review covers the single player game, patch version 1.3

Due to the absolute incarnation of atrocity that the first installment in this series ended up being, I refused to purchase this game outright. After playing through the introduction, however, I was more than pleasantly surprised. I had no qualms about purchasing the full release. It should be noted that the 1.3 patch fixes MANY of the issues noted in the negative reviews on this board.

The Good: You have good character customization options, with 3 main skill sets (melee, ranged, and magic) as well as 3 supporting skills, Assassin (sneak, lockpick, etc), Crafting, and General skills (resistances, etc).

The character model options are a mixed bag, as you are locked into playing a male character with a specific voice, and not much to work with body wise. However, the facial options are on par with the state of the art and with the games amazing graphics you can really create a very impressive face.

The game doesn't hand-hold the player anywhere near as much as most modern titles, hearkening back to better days. For example, fast travel is not magical instantaneous transport to any point on the map. You utilize a network of teleports, which adds greatly to the immersion. This is balanced by the fact that not only are there many destinations, you can also acquire personal teleports to place where you desire. You can initiate teleport from anywhere in the outside world.

Combat is intense, and difficult against enemies your level and higher (and sometimes even lower level). However, by employing actual player skill, you can hold your own in many situations where you would fail in simple number crunching games. In melee, blocking is critical if you wish to survive.

Character interactions with quest NPCs is great. While some might consider this a "con", the game departs from a pure RPG in that your character will respond to dialogue with his own personality in many cases, and will also make decisions based on his personality. While there are plenty of opportunities to make choices, many of the games interactions are scripted. I, personally, found this refreshing - I actually got mad at the way the character handled a situation with an investment - but other players may not like it.

The graphics and physics are, as yet, unmatched by any cRPG to date. With the wave action taken into account, it is arguably better than any video game water yet made. The big release of the defacto-ruling series of first/third person RPGs comes out next month (November 2011), we'll see how it stacks up. I won't get into too much more detail on this, as I do not put much stock in form over function, but you won't be displeased by the eye candy.

The sound is great, and the music is even better. I wouldn't put it up for any industry awards, but they are very well done.

The crafting systems (for upgrading items, brewing potions, and creating magic spells) are some of, if not the, best to date. The interface is smooth, and the possible combinations are amazingly varied.

Lockpicking is very nice, though a little too easy. The highest level locks can be a challenge. The nice part is, you can tailor this to your personal skill level by deciding how many points you'd like to put in the lockpick skill.

The Not So Good:

The game suffers from the same "consolification" syndrome that the majority modern titles inherit. The interfaces and controls are hampered accordingly, with issues like multiple actions being assigned to the same keys. This is simply inexcusable in a PC game, which offers far greater control abilities and far more precise view control than a console controller (as far as FPS/TPS goes that is). The spacebar (default) is the greatest offender as it is tied to jumping, the "use" action (including mounting your horse), as well as affecting combination and special attacks in combat. Right mouse button is almost as bad, as you use it both to sprint AND to sneak. If you right click while standing still, you sneak (which automatically draws your dagger if equipped, which citizens and guards take offense to). If you right click while moving you will sprint (which can cause you to bolt off a cliff or ledge).

Arrows move far slower than their medieval contemporaries.

Camera is (rarely) annoying when close to objects, or when the game switches to a cinematic view of a melee swing, which can cause you to immediately face away from your opponent.

Horse controls are improved over TW1, but still subpar. The removal of horseback combat was a bad move.

All in all, this is a superb game in need of just a little more polish and improved controls. While I feel that naming the game after the steaming pile that preceded it was a bad marketing move, if TW3 is a much of a leap forward as TW2 is, it will be a scroll-dethroning game for certain.

For FPS/TPS action RPG fans, I give this a 9.5. I highly recommend at least trying the demo!
  5. Mar 10, 2014
    For anybody who have played predecessor this is by far more balanced, stable, nicer, enjoyable.
    More or less typical free world third person RPG if you like such games you should try it.

The most outstanding thing would be magic system.You are using set of cards you can buy or find to create spell. For example you can use card for fire and missile an you have fireball than you can add card for bouncing and the missile fill hit more targets. Use summoning cards with different card and would summon different types of creatures.

The story is quiet nice with complementary twist, starting few years after end of first game it once again revolves around your sister being prisoner of Gandahar, nothing too deep, but standart for this types of RPG. There is plenty of side quest for guilds or common folks.

I would like to mention horse riding as it is done bit differently as we are used to and you have to goad the horse to have good speed constantly this feel more realistic then just push forward button.You can also sail (you new to use wind properly) which was also nice diversification.

There is new upgrade system when you can deconstruct old items to upgrade new one you can also use pigments to recolor your cloths and add jewels to add magic properties. You need to have skill for this. There is also crafting skill for alchemy.

There is enough of different environments and you will visits savannas, dessert, jungle, swaps, magically corrupted lands and one big desert and one big oriental city. Each type of environment have its own typical inhabitants.

Fight is pretty classic system of hit and cover melee combat, ranged attacks and mage casting with stuff used for covering and hitting. You can also use various skills to enhance you fighting capabilities or use traps to help yourself. Enemies have small icons that represents their resistances so you can pick up most suitable weapon/spell to kill them.

I got from the game what I was expecting and saw few original features, graphic was nice and game was long, but not to long so something above 8.5 should be appropriate for it.
  6. Apr 9, 2014
    I am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the characterI am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the character models/animations have been overhauled and last but certainly not least this game has been given a huge graphical upgrade! The first time I booted it up I was taken aside by how pretty it looked! If you own a Mac or a PC and you're into RPG's you should defitniely give this one a try now! Its truly an amazing game with one of the best fantasy worlds I have ever seen and you're not going to find a better version of it on the market! Expand
  7. Feb 19, 2014
    I am new to RPG games, I rather play FPS games like Battlefield or CoD. I bought it on steam a few days ago. In my opinion it is a very fun game with amazing graphics even in 2014 but there are some very annoying bugs that have to be patched. And I think this patch will never come out. Anyway.
  8. Mar 29, 2011
    Two Worlds II is an improvement from the original Two Worlds video game released a few years ago. However, you will experience some game play flaws - which in all sincerity are annoying. (i.e. while you run with your horse, you can get stuck on a random tree) Besides these small flaws, the game is an enjoyable RPG and it will surely entertain you for a lot of hours.
  9. May 21, 2011
    I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre.I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre. The game is big. Its an open world action RPG with a few innovations to breath new life into the genre. The land scapes for the most part are very interesting and due to the impressive graphics and lighting i often found myself on a good vantage point just having a look at what my graphics card was capable of offering. The views were sometimes stunning. The Combat was a mixed bag. As a fighter there isnt much to do but keep pressing a button and wait for either you or your opponent to die. Tghe magic however was a little more strategic. Its a card based system where you find different cards, with different abilities and combine them to make the bad guy blasting spell of your dreams. The problem is, that even with powerful magic you often found yourself in the run, cast, run, heal scenario which could get tedious. The game falls quite heavily with the storyline. I had absolutely no idea what was going on and the story did little to encourage me to care. Perhaps it got lost in translation or perhaps they need to hire new writers but this was easily the worst part of the game. There were also a lot of missed oportunities, where i found myself briefly caring about a character, waiting for them to return from their current errands only to never see them again. However the game did manage to occupy your mind in other aspects. There is just so much to do, from busking to horse racing. There are plenty of fun distractions, enjoyable sidequests and fun past times in the game to keep an RPG fan happy for hours. Another innovation i feel was the multiplayer. A great idea which could have been great in execution had they added more to it and made it single player. You get to go on quests with other players and with the loot gained, build your own village. A lot of fun but just to simple to be engaging for any length of time. As an RPG fan i whole heartedly reccomend other RPG fans give the game a try. Its not for everyone, but some people will find a gem hidden in the flaws. Expand
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showingTwo Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showing the gamers that the "Two Worlds" franchise have a potential of creating a good RPG . there is a multiplayer feature, but i think you dont buy this game and play because of it, as it is nothing special, really. the spell and potion creation feature is special, though, as you can create potions and spells with little to no limitations. the environment is good and varying, though sometimes it seems like the game is confused on the design, as the enemy types feels out of place and weird. the character creation is not bad, but you can only create male character, as there is no option to play as the opposite gender, probably because of the direction the story takes since the first game. an okay buy for people looking for a good RPG with many quests and a lush, beautiful word, i give it an honest 8 out of 10 because really, i enjoyed the many addictive hours the game presented me. Expand
  11. Feb 10, 2011
    i'd give it a thumbs up for improving over the first yet it isn't a perfect game. it is still a fun and addicting game that will pleased most RPG gamers
  12. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce ofI've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2011
    The best RPG since oblivion, this game is an underrated fine piece of RPG gaming.

A bold statement? Yes. A false statement? No. First off, ==Gameplay== The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the

A bold statement? Yes.
    A false statement? No.

First off,

==Gameplay==

The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the creatures TW2 has to offer and having a hell of alot of fun while doing so.

Melee combat itself is great with nice fluid block and counter mechanics that look amazing, melee combat is refreshingly dynamic in the sense that it isn't the same attack animation over and over until the bad guy is dead. Take dual wielding for example, your character fights with such grace and graphical brilliance you'll sometimes check twice your not watching a well choreographed cinematic.

Magic combat is, I found at least, hard to begin with because early in the game you don't really put out enough damage to stop whatever fiend your attacking from getting close and bashing your face in. It can be off putting but stick to it because mage gets VERY VERY good. And once you get a nice set of robes a nice staff and some of your very own made spells, yes you can make your own spells, you'll soon be commanding undead minions or hurling bouncing fire bolts at enemies in no time.

Ranged combat is very nice in TW2 and looks great, although in some places such as caves and small rooms you can often find yourself overwhelmed and having to retreat to a safe distance or fire as many arrows into the bad guys face while hoping you don't die. This is to be expected however, because let's face it a rangers combat prowess lies in distance and boy in distance landscapes (Of which TW2 has alot of) you will find yourself happily using enemies as a pin cushion before they even think of getting close.

Now, stealth combat. Stealth combat in TW2 is somewhat strange because it's not a full class in it's own right because it lacks any combat skills which is a shame because while you can fight with a dagger it's just a simple 3 hit combo. Stealth is more of a utility rather than combat class because you can pick pocket, pick locks, one hit kill people in the back, sneak around and place traps.

Crafting is great and you can upgrade all your weapons and armour, so that trusty sword you got at level 15 may very well be at your side at level 20 while you slice and dice your enemies. You can add special gems to weapons and armour to give them effects such as fire, ice , lightning etc. Most of the time it's better to dismantle any unwanted loot rather than sell it so you can use the materials to upgrade your own equipment.

Making potions is your typical throw ingredients in a pot and click create. And hoping you get something decent after. You can save recipes if you find a suitably good recipe to save time and effort when you want to make x amount of them.

==Graphics==

Just wow. Easily the best looking RPG to date there is no doubting that, the world looks amazing the armours all look amazing, weapons look amazing. Pretty much everything looks amazing and the game is pretty well optimized too. One thing that really stood out for me is just how good open landscapes look, they look incredible sometimes the lighting can seem overdone and sometimes blinding but other than that you will be opened mouthed, wide eyed and in amazement of what's being displayed on your screen.

==Sound==

The music is very nice and 9 times out of 10 suits the town or zone your in just perfectly. The voice acting is great, unlike the first game which was sadly not very good. Your character sounds suitably bad ass and not in the cheesy try-hard to be bad ass sense, he sounds great. And other NPCs sound great with a very few voices inducing face-palm moments.

The combat sounds great with clangs and bangs having a nice sounding ring to them rather than a sound engineer whacking a can of beans with a spoon. Magic sounds great and casting them cues your character to chant magical words which sounds great. Ranged combat hasn't been left in the dark in the sound department, whizzing arrows sound nice and when they hit something they sound great.

==Story==

Well it can seem quite confusing at first but once you get to grips with it, it does seem good. Although the story is easily the weakest point about TW2 and is why im only giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing this fine game however, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.
  14. May 20, 2011
    good RPG if you can get it cheap thats a great deal.. tons of things to do and craft.. graphics lack abit lets face it its not a witcher 2 but gameplay wise you are free to do what ever you want gear wise and else.. really interesting solutions.. 8/10
  15. Jul 1, 2011
    Great game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to changeGreat game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to change tactics from quick powerful spell caster to heavy dual sword fighter, quite a large game to explore which i've wasted about 40+ hrs just exploring and constricting spells, game looks awesome in Directx 10 mode graphics, engine is one of the best I've seen yet for an rgp.

-smc
  16. Mar 1, 2011
    One of the better RPG's I have played this year. The story tends to be a little weak and suffer from translation in places but the game itself will quickly have you forgetting there even IS a story. Good ol' fashioned hack and slashery!

Also the magic system is absurdly addictive. Making new spells can easily eat up a gaming session as you try just one more tweak....hrmm and what if I tried that....
    The multiplayer is strong and the co-op is perfect for that weekly "few buddies over" evening gaming session.
  17. Feb 14, 2011
    Two Worlds II is the most underrated game I have played this year. The magic system surpassed any RPG this year, the graphics were better than decent and the world was well designed. The online was especially good. The game failed at controls, physics and the character customization.
  18. Jul 8, 2011
    The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30 hours, I have still not done them all. The voice acting is good, the quests are good, the individual stories are good, the game has its own sense of humour and not every NPC you speak too will play fair with you. Just like real life. It has some of the best looking cities, dungeons and caves I have seen too. If you can put up with the console style controls, I recommend this game. Expand
  19. May 21, 2011
    Dobra gra autorstwa Reality Pump.Soczysty system walki i wspaniaÅ
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    The good things..., no i mean the GREAT things in this game will make easily you forgive the minor flaws you'd pay to experience greatest sensations that gaming can give this is worth your time!
  21. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  22. Mar 12, 2011
    Unexpected good game, could not play a 1st one. There are still a lot of places to grow, but a huge amount of good things already there. Several great side quests, amazing fighting, graphics in general, big world, most of time great story, craft is blowminded. Just try it.
  23. May 4, 2012
    This game exceeded most of my expectations. I first picked up the game off of Origin because the Velvet Edition was only 19.99. From the mixed reviews online, I was very skeptical. When I started to play, my whole view changed. The Graphics are simply beautiful. I spent my first half hour in the game just running around seeing everything that the game had in store. My only complaints ofThis game exceeded most of my expectations. I first picked up the game off of Origin because the Velvet Edition was only 19.99. From the mixed reviews online, I was very skeptical. When I started to play, my whole view changed. The Graphics are simply beautiful. I spent my first half hour in the game just running around seeing everything that the game had in store. My only complaints of the game are that the story is not amazing (but still decent) and that some of the voice acting can suffer from time to time. Otherwise the combat is very well done and the graphics blew my mind. The multiplayer feature is also very well done and it is very fun to roam the lands with up to 8 friends and do quests. I would definitely recommend this game to people who love RPG's and love beautiful graphics. Expand
  24. Apr 23, 2011
    This game gets a 10 just to cancel out DrHappy's 0. Nowhere in his asinine rant, or anywhere in the long-winded destrucoid article he links to, is there anything that even remotely resembles an actual fact.

A bunch of conjecture from....wait for it....anonymous sources. Why don't these folks man up and say what they think, and then stand behind it? Smells fishy to me. Incidentally, this

Incidentally, this game is very enjoyable and is much improved from its predecessor. Reviews in the 7/10 to 8/10 range are right on the money here.
  25. Jul 5, 2011
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    You can do it all in this game, horses to ride, every weapon you can think of and a great system for quest tracking and mapping. it may have a bug here and there but i have not found them. the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle dated but you won't notice as the hours fly by with everything else. I love being able to upgrade my current gear my dismantling other items.
    If you want to see what Gothic COULD have been and enjoy the hell out of a game get this one. thumbs way up guys great job.
  26. Aug 3, 2011
    Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!
  27. Jan 4, 2015
    Pros:
    -Awesome story, except the ending of the main story. Otherwise, the quest is meaningful and realistic, your character can speak and his response is meaningful throughout the story and side quest. This make the game become more interactive (in other game like Skyrim or Neverwinter night, you can only response with dialogue, no voice, no speak back and forward between you and NPC)
    Pros:
    -Charming music
    -Graphics is beautiful for a game from 2011. Vast desert, corrupted lands, dark dungeons, fresh forest. The world is smaller compare to skyrim but more quality and less repetitive.
    -Day and night circles. NPC go to work at day and return home to sleep at night.
    -NPC response to your action, they run and scream when you hit them, then guards will try to beat you and they are while powerful. If you pull out your weapon when guards are nearby, they will surround you and ask you to sheath your weapon. When you break into people's home. If the owner see you they will ask you to leave and if you don't leave, they will call the guard.
    -Combat system is realistic and fun:
    Melee is included block, counter attack, combo, passive and active skill, dodge, step back and strike, while blocking you can strike at choose direction by pressing move button + left click. Due wielding, two handed, one handed with shield or touch or nothing, all these options have skill to support them, for example you can strike enemy with the torch and deal %100 of your physical damage as fire. Different weapon have different skill to support them: axe strip enemy shield, mace stun them, etc. Some skills can be use with any weapon.
    Range is very powerful, you can snipe, you can shoot power fire arrow/bolt deal area damage, shoot arrow/bolt that create a decoy, when decoy expires or dies, deal % of your physical damage as spectral damage. Poison and frost arrow/bolt that slow enemy. Frost option deal a small area damage while poison is single target but deal damage over time. With the pirate dlc, you get access to the crossbow, which provide a different using mechanism and fighting strategies.
    This game has the best magic system, you can create a lot of spells by combine magic cards together. You can make stone rains from the sky and then create a tornado that make these stones flying around you and hit enemy. These are hundreds, even thousands combinations. Air, life, lightning, fire, power, force, water, ice, psyche, corpse, poison, decay, trap, summoning, area, etc.
    -Crafting and alchemy system
    -Teleport system: besides the fixed teleport gate, you can create your own teleport gate as many as you want and spread them across the world.
    -Nice lockpicking system
    -Fun mini games
    -mod-able
    Cons:
    -Lack variety landscape: no winter, fall landscape.
    -Lack variety of races, the variety of monster is okay but I still want more.
    -Only one dragon.
    Conclusion:
    Two worlds 2 is a must play game. I played Skyrim and Oblivion, the worlds is vast with a lot of side quests, but everything is repetitive and dust story. When it comes to quality, I choose Two Worlds II and its DLC pirate, meaningful quest chat-chit and dialogue, different quests outcome, rewards and different ending in DLC. This the first open world game which I truly want to replay.
  28. Jul 29, 2014
    Fond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. TheFond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. The crafting system then becomes tenable and quite enjoyable. The story has a great sense of humor and the story actually does end up becoming very tragic and enjoyable in the end of the game. Expand
  29. Sep 30, 2014
    I agree with many of the positive reviews about this game. I do not however agree that this one is better than Two Worlds 1. There are some elements that are better, sure. That is what we expect from a sequel. A more refined and better game than it's predecessor. Two worlds though, as I am now finding out is actually better in some ways than 2 is. I played 2 before playing part 1. TheI agree with many of the positive reviews about this game. I do not however agree that this one is better than Two Worlds 1. There are some elements that are better, sure. That is what we expect from a sequel. A more refined and better game than it's predecessor. Two worlds though, as I am now finding out is actually better in some ways than 2 is. I played 2 before playing part 1. The voice acting in 1 is better, although both are mediocre at best. The animations are less repetitive and more fluid in 1 than 2 and the engine and combat system in 1 feels less clunky and smoother than in 2. About all 2 has going for it that is better than part 1 is graphics and slightly better combat really. I actually like the story a little better in 1 as well. That is not to say that 2 does not have other advantages that set it apart. The Archery system in 2 is just short of Skyrim actually, which I think has the best bow mechanics I've seen in any game, ever.. It's got pretty good bow mechanics. I like the multi arrow, multi target thing they got, it's fun. The graphics are just gorgeous. The combat is just as fun as 1 and the music is too. There are a lot of things to love about both games. For a somewhat unpolished non big budget game, these people put the effort/resources/money, into the right parts of the game. The fun factor and gameplay parts and that, they do well. Expand
  30. Jul 26, 2015
    All things considered, Two Worlds II is a huge improvement upon Two Worlds, but despite featuring significant upgrades, they fall short on several aspects, minor and big.

The bad AI/crowd behaviour is poor. For example when you're in a city and stop to observe the crowd that is walking around you on the street, you will immediately disconnect from the atmosphere when you realize that

The bad
    AI/crowd behaviour is poor. For example when you're in a city and stop to observe the crowd that is walking around you on the street, you will immediately disconnect from the atmosphere when you realize that everybody around you is programmed to walk a rigid, short path. At the end of their route they do this sudden 180 degree turn and will often do that as you're walking behind them, so what happens is that they simply turn around and walk straight into your face, increasing your notoriety if you bumped into them while going too fast... You can witness similar behaviour with hostiles aswell.

The stealth system doesn't work very well. You are provided with a wide variety of daggers to use in stealth kills, but in reality you won't even want to attempt a stealth kill. Most of the time you don't need to pick out individual opponents, since you will become strong early on and even on the hardest difficulty foes will, at one point, be unchallenging, even bosses. AI is also a problem, as sneaking up on foes is usually possible only when the developers have specifically set up a situation like that, which doesn't seem to be that often. And the traps... Not only do you have to play through half the game before you can begin to use traps, once you get the bloody skillbook to do so, you will quickly discover that setting traps is REEAALLY tedious and terribly ineffective. All bombs and traps have an incredibly tiny trigger radius, it's the same problem Two Worlds had. You can only use them properly in narrow areas/corridors, but even then you only want to use them to witness a "cool" bang or flash, accompanied by a generic explosion that sounds like a sample from an arcade game... Traps are useless and they will more often get you killed as you're trying to set them up. If TWII featured an invisibility system to get access to the best places for a trap, perhaps that would help. Otherwise the only way you can set up good traps (that still, as any trap, do insignificant damage) is via the Oculus, an item you use to visually survey the area and remotely set the trap that is built into an oculus. But even those are a hassle to work with, as they move slow and don't do enough damage.

TWII also has some shortcomings with lore. To this day I don't know who those dog-men called Varn are. I met them in the first game, and in this game they are camped all over the first island, but not a single npc or book or any other source of information in the game seems to give a damn about their presence 'nor give any hints as to who those creatures, where they came from and why they are there, being hostile towards any man that comes near them...

Dungeons, don't do them. They are very uneventful. I went through a number of dungeons in hopes of eventually witnessing something interesting, but it's the same thing everywhere: You go in, kill a bunch of monsters, get some petty loot at the end and then you have to walk all the way back to exit. Should I have felt like I accomplished something? For me it was a grind and i quit going to dungeons outside quests after a certain point. Maybe next time they should have each dungeon feature an artifact that you can collect and sell to a museum for some quick money and then be able to see everything you've collected. Add some fruits to the labour please.

other faults: three-way dialogues don't work, execution animations are all off, too many difficult locks - eventually you won't even care about picking them, since money is not an issue. The fact that money is not an issue is also a contributor to other mood-killers: side-quests often feel boring and pointless, since the rewards you already have in abundance and the quests themselves aren't particularly eventful. Also the main story picks up way too late. On the second island there is very little main story development. Most of it is pushed into the third and fourth, latter is only partly explorable, mind you. Big disappointment for me once i realized that.

The good
    A lot of criticism went into the bad, so I'll have to be compact about the good.

Very well written dialogues and significantly better voice acting. Some of the more important quests(particularly on the large island) are very fascinating and engaging.

Melee combat is a lot of fun. I mostly used spears/halberds that feature some of the best animations I've seen in any combat system and are very effective vs single foes and groups. The magic system is also very versatile as you can literally create your own spells, but the animations and waiting times on spellcasting put me off.

Alchemy system is thorough, although you rarely feel the need to make and consume potions
  31. Dec 3, 2014
    Started this game not long ago, I'm surprised that his game has so low score. So far I've played for around 20 hours and gave it 9/10, the interface isn't perfect but you can get used to it. The graphics are very good, the game play is great. Lock picking is the best I've seen in games so far. I had more pleasure playing this game than Skyrim. The game isn't hard, I would say it is easyStarted this game not long ago, I'm surprised that his game has so low score. So far I've played for around 20 hours and gave it 9/10, the interface isn't perfect but you can get used to it. The graphics are very good, the game play is great. Lock picking is the best I've seen in games so far. I had more pleasure playing this game than Skyrim. The game isn't hard, I would say it is easy but I don't think this is something bad about it, you rarely get frustrated and playing this game for me is very relaxing. Expand
  32. Mar 9, 2012
    I just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where isI just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where is was overloaded with them and i just didnt want to do any quests. The enemy variety is also extremely good and the npc's looks vary but there rises another problem, the voice acting and facial animations are extremely dull which breaks your immersion. When it comes to story I was confused, I never played the original Two Worlds so I had to do research to know what was going on which i didn't like. Now the graphics are decent but not that great, and the animations may vary from quite good to a little bit dull and dated. The magic system, that saves this game, learning abilities and creating crazy spells and combining abilities is so fun magic may become a great weapon, or just something to distract you. Overall this game has a downside for nearly every good thing but its still playable and some may enjoy it, just keep in your mind that this is not a game for everyone, but you are welcome to try it if this is your type of game. Collapse

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.