6.5

1. May 30, 2017
    This game has one of the best necromancy I have seen in a long time. It is really worth it only because of that, and it will receive a new expansion soon. Yes, now in 2017.
  2. May 29, 2017
    Two Worlds 2 has nothing to buy and play because of too much Cons in game. The only Pros is finishing the game easily whatever difficult you chose.
    Graphics is terrible with robotic movements, especially the characters head. Materials texture (iron, wood, metal...) is all the same as fabric.
    Sounds and main character's voice are small and just like zombie's voice. Finishing the quests
    Sounds and main character's voice are small and just like zombie's voice.
    Finishing the quests reward which not deserve for what you did.
    Monster is too less for leveling up.
    Unable to drop something such as book, HP/MP potion...

They plan to make Two Worlds 3. I hope they've learned something.
  3. Apr 18, 2016
    Not bad . It is a long game . The cons : motion blur is awful and cant be disabled from the game option menu . Sometimes , might get lost i.e. hard to find the exact person .
  4. Mar 23, 2016
    I cannot play this game. Th game requests very personal information upon starting, and even wants a key for after already purchasing and installing the game. Do not waste your money on this game, it is by definition, unplayable.
  5. Nov 3, 2015
    So i figured i need a red review to contrast all the yellows and greens and decided to go through my games library to see what i really didn't enjoy in the past. And came across this...
    It's not a 0...
    ..They tried at least... But holy hell. I make it a point to finish every single game i buy, unless it's so buggy that it crashes 5 hours in, corrupts all my savegames, forcing me to
    It's not a 0...
    ..They tried at least...
    But holy hell.
    I make it a point to finish every single game i buy, unless it's so buggy that it crashes 5 hours in, corrupts all my savegames, forcing me to restart from the beginning, and then crashes and corrupts saves again (thanks, Hazen). But i could NOT make it through this one. I actually made it through the first Two Worlds, it was tolerable. I suffered through about 12 hours of this one and just couldn't keep going because i was SOoo bored.
    You know how people say Gothic is a poor man's Oblivion? Well, this is a very poor man's Gothic. Combat mechanics are akward, and combat itself is so incredibly boring, (note i played a warrior so i can't speak for magic). Inventory management is ugly. I vaguely remember running around fields and cities and towns and everything was so dull and bland. Animations and character models are awkward too.
    The only points this game gets is for semi pretty looking environments.
    I would not recommend this to anyone unless you're a hardcore fan of the genre and overlook all of the gameplay problems in favor of some sort of a story. Except at that point instead of playing this you may as well just read some paperback fantasy novel, or watch a crappy sci fi original movie, and save yourself some mouse clicking.
  6. Sep 21, 2015
    While Two Worlds 2 is slightly better than the first, it has better graphics and voice acting though speech sync is done poorly, a characters mouth will be moving, but no words are said until 2 to 4 seconds later and seems to have the same sort of story about some guy that has to rescue his sister.

I tried to play it, but it feels so clunky, lacking any polish and usability and I feel so bored and uninspired playing it, dialogue is rather lengthy, poorly written and boring. Even though it was only 8pm when playing it Iam falling asleep from boredom at forcing myself to play.

While those aspects are boring exploring the world is the most fun and I like the crafting but the game can be so frustrating a grom 1 hit kills you with an arrow and my character dies very easily and feels so weak.

Another sub par average nearly bad game. It's slightly better than the first.
  7. Jul 26, 2015
    All things considered, Two Worlds II is a huge improvement upon Two Worlds, but despite featuring significant upgrades, they fall short on several aspects, minor and big.

The bad AI/crowd behaviour is poor. For example when you're in a city and stop to observe the crowd that is walking around you on the street, you will immediately disconnect from the atmosphere when you realize that

The bad
    AI/crowd behaviour is poor. For example when you're in a city and stop to observe the crowd that is walking around you on the street, you will immediately disconnect from the atmosphere when you realize that everybody around you is programmed to walk a rigid, short path. At the end of their route they do this sudden 180 degree turn and will often do that as you're walking behind them, so what happens is that they simply turn around and walk straight into your face, increasing your notoriety if you bumped into them while going too fast... You can witness similar behaviour with hostiles aswell.

The stealth system doesn't work very well. You are provided with a wide variety of daggers to use in stealth kills, but in reality you won't even want to attempt a stealth kill. Most of the time you don't need to pick out individual opponents, since you will become strong early on and even on the hardest difficulty foes will, at one point, be unchallenging, even bosses. AI is also a problem, as sneaking up on foes is usually possible only when the developers have specifically set up a situation like that, which doesn't seem to be that often. And the traps... Not only do you have to play through half the game before you can begin to use traps, once you get the bloody skillbook to do so, you will quickly discover that setting traps is REEAALLY tedious and terribly ineffective. All bombs and traps have an incredibly tiny trigger radius, it's the same problem Two Worlds had. You can only use them properly in narrow areas/corridors, but even then you only want to use them to witness a "cool" bang or flash, accompanied by a generic explosion that sounds like a sample from an arcade game... Traps are useless and they will more often get you killed as you're trying to set them up. If TWII featured an invisibility system to get access to the best places for a trap, perhaps that would help. Otherwise the only way you can set up good traps (that still, as any trap, do insignificant damage) is via the Oculus, an item you use to visually survey the area and remotely set the trap that is built into an oculus. But even those are a hassle to work with, as they move slow and don't do enough damage.

TWII also has some shortcomings with lore. To this day I don't know who those dog-men called Varn are. I met them in the first game, and in this game they are camped all over the first island, but not a single npc or book or any other source of information in the game seems to give a damn about their presence 'nor give any hints as to who those creatures, where they came from and why they are there, being hostile towards any man that comes near them...

Dungeons, don't do them. They are very uneventful. I went through a number of dungeons in hopes of eventually witnessing something interesting, but it's the same thing everywhere: You go in, kill a bunch of monsters, get some petty loot at the end and then you have to walk all the way back to exit. Should I have felt like I accomplished something? For me it was a grind and i quit going to dungeons outside quests after a certain point. Maybe next time they should have each dungeon feature an artifact that you can collect and sell to a museum for some quick money and then be able to see everything you've collected. Add some fruits to the labour please.

other faults: three-way dialogues don't work, execution animations are all off, too many difficult locks - eventually you won't even care about picking them, since money is not an issue. The fact that money is not an issue is also a contributor to other mood-killers: side-quests often feel boring and pointless, since the rewards you already have in abundance and the quests themselves aren't particularly eventful. Also the main story picks up way too late. On the second island there is very little main story development. Most of it is pushed into the third and fourth, latter is only partly explorable, mind you. Big disappointment for me once i realized that.

The good
    A lot of criticism went into the bad, so I'll have to be compact about the good.

Very well written dialogues and significantly better voice acting. Some of the more important quests(particularly on the large island) are very fascinating and engaging.

Melee combat is a lot of fun. I mostly used spears/halberds that feature some of the best animations I've seen in any combat system and are very effective vs single foes and groups. The magic system is also very versatile as you can literally create your own spells, but the animations and waiting times on spellcasting put me off.

Alchemy system is thorough, although you rarely feel the need to make and consume potions
  8. Jan 4, 2015
    Pros:
    -Awesome story, except the ending of the main story. Otherwise, the quest is meaningful and realistic, your character can speak and his response is meaningful throughout the story and side quest. This make the game become more interactive (in other game like Skyrim or Neverwinter night, you can only response with dialogue, no voice, no speak back and forward between you and NPC)
    Pros:
    -Charming music
    -Graphics is beautiful for a game from 2011. Vast desert, corrupted lands, dark dungeons, fresh forest. The world is smaller compare to skyrim but more quality and less repetitive.
    -Day and night circles. NPC go to work at day and return home to sleep at night.
    -NPC response to your action, they run and scream when you hit them, then guards will try to beat you and they are while powerful. If you pull out your weapon when guards are nearby, they will surround you and ask you to sheath your weapon. When you break into people's home. If the owner see you they will ask you to leave and if you don't leave, they will call the guard.
    -Combat system is realistic and fun:
    Melee is included block, counter attack, combo, passive and active skill, dodge, step back and strike, while blocking you can strike at choose direction by pressing move button + left click. Due wielding, two handed, one handed with shield or touch or nothing, all these options have skill to support them, for example you can strike enemy with the torch and deal %100 of your physical damage as fire. Different weapon have different skill to support them: axe strip enemy shield, mace stun them, etc. Some skills can be use with any weapon.
    Range is very powerful, you can snipe, you can shoot power fire arrow/bolt deal area damage, shoot arrow/bolt that create a decoy, when decoy expires or dies, deal % of your physical damage as spectral damage. Poison and frost arrow/bolt that slow enemy. Frost option deal a small area damage while poison is single target but deal damage over time. With the pirate dlc, you get access to the crossbow, which provide a different using mechanism and fighting strategies.
    This game has the best magic system, you can create a lot of spells by combine magic cards together. You can make stone rains from the sky and then create a tornado that make these stones flying around you and hit enemy. These are hundreds, even thousands combinations. Air, life, lightning, fire, power, force, water, ice, psyche, corpse, poison, decay, trap, summoning, area, etc.
    -Crafting and alchemy system
    -Teleport system: besides the fixed teleport gate, you can create your own teleport gate as many as you want and spread them across the world.
    -Nice lockpicking system
    -Fun mini games
    -mod-able
    Cons:
    -Lack variety landscape: no winter, fall landscape.
    -Lack variety of races, the variety of monster is okay but I still want more.
    -Only one dragon.
    Conclusion:
    Two worlds 2 is a must play game. I played Skyrim and Oblivion, the worlds is vast with a lot of side quests, but everything is repetitive and dust story. When it comes to quality, I choose Two Worlds II and its DLC pirate, meaningful quest chat-chit and dialogue, different quests outcome, rewards and different ending in DLC. This the first open world game which I truly want to replay.
  9. Dec 3, 2014
    Started this game not long ago, I'm surprised that his game has so low score. So far I've played for around 20 hours and gave it 9/10, the interface isn't perfect but you can get used to it. The graphics are very good, the game play is great. Lock picking is the best I've seen in games so far. I had more pleasure playing this game than Skyrim. The game isn't hard, I would say it is easyStarted this game not long ago, I'm surprised that his game has so low score. So far I've played for around 20 hours and gave it 9/10, the interface isn't perfect but you can get used to it. The graphics are very good, the game play is great. Lock picking is the best I've seen in games so far. I had more pleasure playing this game than Skyrim. The game isn't hard, I would say it is easy but I don't think this is something bad about it, you rarely get frustrated and playing this game for me is very relaxing. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2014
    J'ai voulu acheter ce jeu car le contenu me plaisait, mais quand on voit qu'il n'y a que 5-6 niveaux dans le multijoueur, c'est désépérant. Quoi de mieux que de faire le dernier niveau en boucle pour gagner des niveaux. J'attendais beaucoup plus du multijoueur, et jouer en solo n'est pas mon genre.
  11. Oct 10, 2014
    how some people can give this game 10/10 is beyond me this is one of the worst game ever. the overworld combat even moving around sucks dont buy this game
  12. Sep 30, 2014
    I agree with many of the positive reviews about this game. I do not however agree that this one is better than Two Worlds 1. There are some elements that are better, sure. That is what we expect from a sequel. A more refined and better game than it's predecessor. Two worlds though, as I am now finding out is actually better in some ways than 2 is. I played 2 before playing part 1. TheI agree with many of the positive reviews about this game. I do not however agree that this one is better than Two Worlds 1. There are some elements that are better, sure. That is what we expect from a sequel. A more refined and better game than it's predecessor. Two worlds though, as I am now finding out is actually better in some ways than 2 is. I played 2 before playing part 1. The voice acting in 1 is better, although both are mediocre at best. The animations are less repetitive and more fluid in 1 than 2 and the engine and combat system in 1 feels less clunky and smoother than in 2. About all 2 has going for it that is better than part 1 is graphics and slightly better combat really. I actually like the story a little better in 1 as well. That is not to say that 2 does not have other advantages that set it apart. The Archery system in 2 is just short of Skyrim actually, which I think has the best bow mechanics I've seen in any game, ever.. It's got pretty good bow mechanics. I like the multi arrow, multi target thing they got, it's fun. The graphics are just gorgeous. The combat is just as fun as 1 and the music is too. There are a lot of things to love about both games. For a somewhat unpolished non big budget game, these people put the effort/resources/money, into the right parts of the game. The fun factor and gameplay parts and that, they do well. Expand
  13. Aug 22, 2014
    The first Two Worlds was a laughably pathetic and overhyped steaming dung pile of a game. Is its sequel any better?

Yes. While Two Worlds 2 is not of the same caliber as other major RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age: Origins, and others, it's still a decent title nonetheless. The developers appeared to have listened to the hatred that spewed forth as a result of the

The developers appeared to have listened to the hatred that spewed forth as a result of the previous Two Worlds sucking so badly, and they responded by improving and overhauling just about everything for this game.

The story, however, is pretty much all generic fantasy trite. However, compared to the prequel, it's more bearable. It's a direct continuation of the first game, so conventional logic states that you should play it before playing Two Worlds 2. But really.... would you want to subject yourself to that kind of an experience?

The graphics are pretty decent, with great water effects, lighting, and decent texture resolution and spell effects. However character models are... strikingly dated.

Gameplay however is vastly improved over Two Worlds, as melee combat is actually bearable to play, even if the combat itself is still pretty shallow and simplistic.

The real gem however is the magic system. It's probably the most in-depth magic system I've ever seen. So in-depth, in fact, that it came across as downright intimidating during the early part of my playthrough. But once you learn the nuances of it, you can have a ton of fun messing around and combining spells for a myriad of magical effects.

I enjoyed the magic system quite a bit more than melee or ranged, so I ended up playing through the game as a pure mage.

In general though, Two Worlds 2 is a vastly, VASTLY improved game over the fecal smear that is its predecessor... of which I'll be writing a review for.... soon.
  14. Jul 29, 2014
    Fond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. TheFond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. The crafting system then becomes tenable and quite enjoyable. The story has a great sense of humor and the story actually does end up becoming very tragic and enjoyable in the end of the game. Expand
  15. Jul 27, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problemI have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problem seen in a fully open world RPG. For one thing, it's a lootfest. You'll be collecting a huge sack of stuff that you'll never need. Inexplicably, that includes a whole lot of buffers for situations you'll never encounter. (I really wish that developers would give some thought to the looting. Make it worthwhile. Give me something really powerful to buy. Give me a situation where I'll need a frost buffer.) Secondly, the story telling is choppy at times. I've finished the game but I wouldn't be able to explain the plot to anyone, just the same way I would be able to explain the plot of a poorly edited B-movie. Not that it's all bad. Sometimes the story can really grab your attention, especially when you're unexpectedly trapped or surprised to find out the identity of the serial killer you were looking for. The people who made this game can tell a good story, but they don't do it consistently. It's almost like the problem was organizational rather than lack of talent. An RPG with C&C is very hard to plan, and this game is a bit rough around the edges as a result. The story could also benefit from real professional writing, and some more complex lore. The lore of 2W2 is very thin and lacks a sense of politics and philosophy. The societies it portrays smack of modern day social norms rather than the humility, grit and fear of the medieval world. It's obvious that the game writers have played The Witcher, because they (loosely) copied some of its stories, but 2W2 lacks the unity of that game and its atmosphere and creative direction. That being said, some of the side quests can be unexpectedly deep and long, which was a pleasant surprise.

The graphics, as I already said, are beautiful. The vistas are nice. The grass. The water. The shadows. Light shining between the branches. Aside from the nasty screen tearing, it looks better than many more recent RPG titles. Unfortunately, it looks like they were cheap on artistry. The design of everything is cliche. Your mage wears a pointy hat that makes him look like Disney's Merlin.

The game features three continents and a number of smaller islands. It looks huge, until you find out that the biggest continent is used mostly for multi-player (which I admittedly haven't tried yet). The assets are reused in a subtle way so they don't get boring. For example, there is a university, and then there are ruins of a university in a dark place called the Swallows. They're almost copies of the same thing, but this is difficult to notice. I wish, though, the devs had made exploration a bit more rewarding. There are too many places where there is just a dead end or some nearly useless loot.

The combat, while fun at times, lacks tactics. I played as a mage, and most of the fights in the game consisted of me casting a summon spell that surrounded the enemies with my summoned decoys that trapped them. Then I zapped these enemies with seeking fire balls. Really, this was a way of exploiting the stupidity of the AI, the fact that the AI cannot push over or walk over another (even much weaker) character and also the fact that the collision detector doesn't detect friendly fire and my fireballs pass right though the summons. In other words, 90% of the fights in the game are ridiculous. The combat system is also prone to the standard run back and forth spamming health potions abuse that is so common in this kind of game. It's made all the easier by the fact that your character can outrun anything. I should also add that the health bars, magic bars and any other bars in the game are about 2-5 times as long as they should be. A typical fight will require 20-50 fireball spells for a single enemy, late in the game.

The magic system is a bit innovative. You can cast fireball summons, for example. Theoretically, you can combine dozens of spell cards into almost any elaborate spell. In practice, however, only some combinations actually work as a spell. If you play as a mage you'll be firing "guided missiles" for the whole game and not much more.

The game adds a few interesting touches here and there. Your character talks to himself in some situations, and even makes fun of enemies. You can ride a horse, and even race it. You can buy a boat and visit one of the smaller islands (which just has enemies and loot in it). The alchemy system allows you to use almost anything that you loot in a potion. (Unfortunately, you'll be making mostly potions you never need. (As a mage, I didn't need the stamina boosters, accuracy boosters or even the magic bar booster potions.)

Over all: a notch better than ok, 6.5/10
  16. Jul 26, 2014
    Bought through steam... keyboard doesn't work, mouse doesn't work. How the f do you make a pc game where the keyboard and mouse don't work? And... got a controller plugged in that only half works. F whatever lazy bastard made this port... might be decent on a 360 or ps3... but if you've got some convictions, you won't buy it because these bastards are robbing people blind
  17. Jul 19, 2014
    Well I was pleasantly surprised. There is a lot going for this game and it really is an improvement on the first game in the series.
    I thought the main character was a hoot. I loved the very dry but funny comments he made throughout the game. I liked the side quests, they were interesting and entertaining and usually quite unpredictable in how they would turn out.
    I enjoyed the
    I enjoyed the storyline, I certainly didn't want to stop playing until I got to the end and I was tempted to do a lot of side missions along the way.
    The horses were a bit of a fail (never around) as was fighting in the small corridors. Terrible camera angles meant I couldn't see my character at all and he was getting stuck in corners and having the stuffing pummelled out of him while I blindly tried pressing keys trying to get him up and away from walls, corners or holes.
    The inventory was a bit of a mess, the idea of armour sets nice but it was too easy to dismantle an item and then when you switch armour sets find yourself left standing in the nuddy with only your bow and a small dagger. (Hehe)(Pun intended)

I will say this. I would be replaying this game over and over if I had the option to play as a female. I wouldn't want to stop until I experienced all the classes and their armours/weapon combinations. I would also have been very interested in buying the dlc and/or any expansions. I think RPG developers should give serious consideration to us female gamers as consumers with spending power. I liked the game but playing as a male... there is no replay interest for me.

Overall I'm glad I played this game though. It was fun!
  18. Apr 9, 2014
    I am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the characterI am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the character models/animations have been overhauled and last but certainly not least this game has been given a huge graphical upgrade! The first time I booted it up I was taken aside by how pretty it looked! If you own a Mac or a PC and you're into RPG's you should defitniely give this one a try now! Its truly an amazing game with one of the best fantasy worlds I have ever seen and you're not going to find a better version of it on the market! Expand
  19. Mar 10, 2014
    For anybody who have played predecessor this is by far more balanced, stable, nicer, enjoyable.
    More or less typical free world third person RPG if you like such games you should try it.

The most outstanding thing would be magic system.You are using set of cards you can buy or find to create spell. For example you can use card for fire and missile an you have fireball than you can add card for bouncing and the missile fill hit more targets. Use summoning cards with different card and would summon different types of creatures.

The story is quiet nice with complementary twist, starting few years after end of first game it once again revolves around your sister being prisoner of Gandahar, nothing too deep, but standart for this types of RPG. There is plenty of side quest for guilds or common folks.

I would like to mention horse riding as it is done bit differently as we are used to and you have to goad the horse to have good speed constantly this feel more realistic then just push forward button.You can also sail (you new to use wind properly) which was also nice diversification.

There is new upgrade system when you can deconstruct old items to upgrade new one you can also use pigments to recolor your cloths and add jewels to add magic properties. You need to have skill for this. There is also crafting skill for alchemy.

There is enough of different environments and you will visits savannas, dessert, jungle, swaps, magically corrupted lands and one big desert and one big oriental city. Each type of environment have its own typical inhabitants.

Fight is pretty classic system of hit and cover melee combat, ranged attacks and mage casting with stuff used for covering and hitting. You can also use various skills to enhance you fighting capabilities or use traps to help yourself. Enemies have small icons that represents their resistances so you can pick up most suitable weapon/spell to kill them.

I got from the game what I was expecting and saw few original features, graphic was nice and game was long, but not to long so something above 8.5 should be appropriate for it.
  20. Feb 19, 2014
    I am new to RPG games, I rather play FPS games like Battlefield or CoD. I bought it on steam a few days ago. In my opinion it is a very fun game with amazing graphics even in 2014 but there are some very annoying bugs that have to be patched. And I think this patch will never come out. Anyway.
  21. Jan 8, 2014
    More fun than the first but the new crafting system is a step back in my opinion. The graphics are better and the story is pretty good. Unfortunately there are some bugs, the quest tracking isn't the best in the world and it is difficult to know where to go to get some quests.
  22. Dec 22, 2013
    The good things..., no i mean the GREAT things in this game will make easily you forgive the minor flaws you'd pay to experience greatest sensations that gaming can give this is worth your time!
  23. Oct 26, 2013
    Do not buy this game. I bought it on Steam and it wouldn't even let me get past the (Two hours worth of) demo anyway because I had to enter ALL my personal details, including where I live and my phone number, and registration failed to connect anyway. Some time later I got it working, they still wanted my personal details but I fudged it. It is AGAINST THE LAW to demand personal details inDo not buy this game. I bought it on Steam and it wouldn't even let me get past the (Two hours worth of) demo anyway because I had to enter ALL my personal details, including where I live and my phone number, and registration failed to connect anyway. Some time later I got it working, they still wanted my personal details but I fudged it. It is AGAINST THE LAW to demand personal details in that manner anyway. After I managed to get past the tutorial I was still not impressed.

Gameplay: The game "Borrows" from Fable in that it lets you be a master of the Sword, the Bow, the Magic-Staff or go in as a sneaky rogue. I went as the rogue for all the backstabs, but quickly found that the game lacks a real stealth feature. You can sneak up on enemies, but the second they turn around they instantly spot you regardless of whether you're stealthing or not. This can be a legitimate feature when done right but TW2 doesn't do it right. You also die in 2 hits from EVERYTHING if you go this rout.

Everything Else?: The graphics are fugly. The music is so un-memorable that I've already forgotten what it was like. The token girl (Who is also an orc, you know those brutish green creatures covered in muscle? Those!) seems to be little more than an excuse to add to the game and she's not even that hot because of the graphics. And the voice-work? My god the voice work! That one goddess woman or something (I wasn't really paying much attention to the excuse plot), who also appears to be little more than an excuse for speaks 90 decibels higher than everyone else despite talking normally, her voice doesn't even have any special effects added to it that would justify the up in volume, it's just super loud. The main character sounds like he's been smoking for the last three centuries. The aforementioned orc girl's voice actress seems to be bored with the whole project, like she's only there to get paid. The ONLY redeemable voice that I got up to was that of the Orc Wizard (Don't think too hard on that) who was a mere ok.

The ONLY enjoyment I got out of this game was the part where the game glitched out and the Big Bad's cape flew over his head and begun covering his face while he was walking around giving his Big Bad Speech.

TopWare went around blackmailing all the reviewers who gave this game a score of less than 6 out of 10. But you know what? I think lower than that is WAY to good for this heap of trash. I give this game a flat ZERO.
  24. Oct 7, 2013
    Steam crafting rewards me with a voucher that basically gave the game away; 73 minutes in and I'm bored to death of this adolescent, flaccid fantasy drivel. Almost everything about the game is bland, generic and stale. The most uncompelling rubbish I've seen since Rage of Mages. Visually a huge improvement over the first game, however ropey animations, anatomically incorrect playerSteam crafting rewards me with a voucher that basically gave the game away; 73 minutes in and I'm bored to death of this adolescent, flaccid fantasy drivel. Almost everything about the game is bland, generic and stale. The most uncompelling rubbish I've seen since Rage of Mages. Visually a huge improvement over the first game, however ropey animations, anatomically incorrect player character (hilariously short arms) terrible voice acting and wonky dialogue make Two Worlds unintentionally hysterical, or just plain awful. Expand
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    After 6 or so hours….i’ve gotta throw in the towel on this one. I appreciate the attempt at a worthwhile game but this thing is lacking so much usability and polish that it’s baffling to me.

Magic this seems to have some genuinely good features and mechanics Graphics pretty good. I REALLY like the foliage effects. They’re superior to Skyrim. Camera angle I really like the wobbly

Magic this seems to have some genuinely good features and mechanics
    Camera angle I really like the wobbly camera affect when you move and pan around.
    Crafting this looked really promising and I was starting to tinker with it.
    Lockpicking annoying
    Horse riding absolutely obnoxious (rapid clicking RMB to keep speed up???? Seriously? And if you overdo it the horse kicks you off)
    Looting sloooow, imprecise
    Jumping sluggish and retarded to pair it with the loot action button
    Enemies impossible to judge if they’re going to royally cornhole you until it’s nearly too late. You can't tell what their level is, their weakness/resistance, nothing. There are too many clustered too densely in too many areas.
    NPCs voice acting is disjointed but ok.
    Questing/Map/Teleporting this…..this is the killer. It’s absolutely painful to no end just simply following a quest, tagging my map, figuring out a destination, following it on my minimap, losing my DAMN HORSE and stealing another one, just zooming in and out on the goddamn map is a lesson in madness, I could go on forever on this one. Why didn’t they integrate the map/quest/teleporting into a single comprehensible tool instead of three disassociated menus? This is so impossibly maddening to simply navigate the game as a whole that it was the absolute deal breaker.

Uninstalled.
    The End.
  26. Aug 16, 2013
    You are forced to be a male character. As a hardcore female gamer, this is not appreciated. Role Playing Games, by definition, allow one to explore broad character options...not be forced into a cookie cutter avatar (that is gender biased). Two Worlds bills itself as a pure RPG? Enough said.
  27. Jul 8, 2013
    Absolutely garbage. One of the worse games I have ever played. Honestly. The combat is just god awful and pretty close to unplayable. Tried this game out with a friend because it was co op. I have heard good things about the magic or mage class and so that is what i picked. What I got was a useless, confusing, jumble of mashed together in what was THE worst wizard class I have everAbsolutely garbage. One of the worse games I have ever played. Honestly. The combat is just god awful and pretty close to unplayable. Tried this game out with a friend because it was co op. I have heard good things about the magic or mage class and so that is what i picked. What I got was a useless, confusing, jumble of mashed together in what was THE worst wizard class I have ever played in a game EVER. Luckily i only got it for $12 but even for that price i feel like i got completely over. Do not get this game unless you have a ton of patients. Expand
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    Deeply flawed, and yet still fun to play. Pick it up in a sale... provided you are an wrpg fan
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells -although the world of antaloor doesn't have a solid lore, its still varied enough and is interesting to inhabit. -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells
    -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone (except for the battle song that is the same damn song over and over again)
    -content, tons of content here. If you are looking for quantity, you got it
    The bad :
    -Dumb AI, the enemies often do not notice your presence or they get stuck behind a rock/wall/invisible barrier.
    -Story and Dialogue. It honestly seems that a person no older than 13 could have written the plot of this game. Same goes for the quality of the dialog
    -Control schemes the same button for sneak and run? WHAAAAAAT? thankfully this does not hamper the gameplay too much. other minor control scheme issues also exist
    The average :
    -Melee Ranged combat IMHO it was fine; not great, but fine. I did have fun with a melee focused character but i can't recommend it to you
    -RPG leveling up stuff Simple enough. Putting points into simple 4 different stats, and choosing your weapons and gear according to those stats.

So if you like western rpgs and have nothing at the moment to play, pick this one up
  29. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  30. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce ofI've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.