6.4

1. Feb 16, 2011
    the graphics are real nice though they went a bit overboard with too much glow on everything outside a dungeon and the motion blur when moving gets old fast. the magic system is quite the chore. and if you don't mind crashing quite often id say go for it. for me this was a waist of money. I cant get more then 5 minuets and it crashes every time.
  2. Feb 15, 2011
    Two Worlds II, does succeed in a few area's but this sequel misses par. The graphics are quite majestic, the score is orchestrated masterfully. Generally though, the games mechanics fall short. The animations are rancid, mostly due to the GRACE physics engine. Melee fighting quickly becomes stale and redundant. The magic system is different, within regards to it's user input. Half of the skills are passives, specific weapons correlate with combat skills. The interface is clunky, and slow with reactions to the player. The English voice acting is solid, though the main character has a Jay Anthony Franke-ish sound to him. It's quite disappointing to see video game designers struggling to produce solid action-rpg's with the same likeness of Gothic. Risen has really been the only except in recent years. I would like to see Reality Pump give it another go, but it's time to close the Two Worlds series. Expand
  3. Jan 10, 2013
    No. 1 Scam since i play Games (15 Years) An empty World with nothing to do. 300 Quests? Forget it. Many Reviews are just big lies. This Game is waste of money. Only the Voice Actors are good. You even cant explore the main island, its for "MP" only. But the MP are Little Instances with countles bugs to encounter. I wondered why so less Video´s and Infos were present before release. Its simple, there is nothing to do but walk through an empty world and boring copy&paste Dungeons, do uninspired Quests. Exploration?..Not in this Game. Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    The game wants to be great and falls short. The story is so ambivalent that even after 20+ hours of playing, running through the motions of quest completion, you still don't feel motivated to complete it. As many people state, combat is a very uninspiring affair. Seek other alternatives.
  5. Apr 27, 2011
    This game was a nightmare. Fancy cinematic for another fail game. Confusing interaction with quest locations, character steering is prehistoric. Graphics are overkill, massive lag. Voice overs are a complete joke, character talks to himself like a crazy person. Not worth the money, absolute rip!
  6. May 15, 2011
    This game falls short on all the requirements needed to make it a fun game for a casual or new RPG gamer. Even for someone who has played many RPGs, I still found it very hard to get interested in.

The Graphics are great, but everything else is sub par. The user interface is terrible, movement and actions clumsy, inventory and equipment load outs are poorly designed and archaic. The game
    looks like a top end game from 2011 but feels like the beta version of an RPG from 1995.

To add to these shortcomings the quest and map features are hard to follow and clumsy to use.

Hand or ranged combat is boring and repetitive, and the magic system is confusing, repetitive and boring.
  7. Jul 4, 2011
    A beautiful environment and exciting tutorial can not make up for a lackluster gaming experience. I played this game for 18 hours total and got sidetracked by numerous irrelevant side-quests. I eventually ended up forgetting what the story was about and I stopped caring due to uninspiring and repetitive combat. All the characters seem out of place, as if though they weren't told the setting of the conversation but had to record something any way. The game was also marred by bugs barring access to a few locations. I believe some of these have been fixed in later patches but I could not bother starting a new game just to access content that should have been available from the get-go. One of the few things I was impressed by, was the ability to ride a horse freely. Unfortunately, it requires you to mash the space bar to keep it up to speed. mash it a little too much and you'll fall off your horse pretty much preventing you from enjoying the surroundings as your eyes are fixed on the speed meter. The interface works the way it looks; old ald clunky. Only hardcore European fantasy-RPG fans need apply. Collapse
  8. Oct 7, 2013
    Steam crafting rewards me with a voucher that basically gave the game away; 73 minutes in and I'm bored to death of this adolescent, flaccid fantasy drivel. Almost everything about the game is bland, generic and stale. The most uncompelling rubbish I've seen since Rage of Mages. Visually a huge improvement over the first game, however ropey animations, anatomically incorrect player character (hilariously short arms) terrible voice acting and wonky dialogue make Two Worlds unintentionally hysterical, or just plain awful. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, I have been looking for a good RPG to play alongside wow and ive tried several. This is without a doubt the worst. I spend £25 on this for nothing. The combat is appalling and flawed the quests are just pathetic and pointless. Im playing it on normal difficulty and it may as well be insane mode. Getting 2 shot by a bird is just idiotic. Multiplayer is just rubbish and no-one is ever on. There are just so many flaws with this rubbish game I dont have enough room to complain about them all. Buy witcher 2 and you will have so much more fun. Avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  10. Sep 24, 2011
    This is one of the worst games I've played in quite some time. Certainly by far the worst game I've ever bought off steam. I still have no clue how Metacritic gave it a score of 76. The reviewers have obviously never played it and just bs'd a review from reading the back of the game box or copied whatever hype they read about it.

To quote another user review, "Certainly there are flaws
    with the game.." is a huge understatement. The level of things wrong and poorly designed with this is staggering. The UI (Slow, unresponsive, sticky, clunky and just looks ugly), character models (Poorly proportioned, GTA3 style hands that never animate), clipping (Everything clips through your character, half the time it looks like your feet is sinking into the ground), animation (Running is laughable, a majority of the time your attacks don't even touch the enemy), combat mechanics (The magic system is one of the worst I've seen in a very long time), the list goes on and on. Now I understand Reality Pump isn't exactly a triple A game company, but they could have at least taken a page from other similar, and much more successful games when creating this one. And for those who say at least its a good fantasy RPG; Not once have I ever desired a fantasy RPG where I'm chased by a rhinoceros, baboon, hyena and ostrich across a flat, dull looking savanna. If you're looking for that "unique fantasy" game that is as unoriginal as it is uncreative then you've come to the right place.

And I'm not just trying to give a random hate rant, this game is really that bad. Skip it and move on to Witcher 2 or go back to Oblivion and wait for Skyrim. Feel free to come back to it once its in the bargain bin for $10.
  11. Mar 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is definitely not good. It has the easiest combat system of all times, it is impossible to die as a warrior even without using health potions. The combat didn't present me a single challenge, you can simply run up to things and click them to death without worrying about your HP. To complaints about the length of the game, some representative answered, that no beta tester had managed to beat the game in less than 20 hours. It took me 19. And I didn't hurry, I'm a very exhaustive gamer finishing 95% of the quests I found and killing everything I saw. I´ll admit nearing the end I hurried a little because I expected the whole thing played until now to be a tutorial, the intro. I thought there would be a huge open world on the main island, instead all there was was a tiny, disappointing, generic swamphole. The generic story with NPCs whose characters aren't even sketchily worked out or made interesting is hardly an improvement to the first part of the series. Combined with the abrupt, uncreative ending this game has I wouldn't even consider it an RPG, this is an assassins creed type action game with badly presented RPG elements. Expand
  12. Jul 15, 2012
    The game is excellent... the multiplayer is actually quite fun, until the crashes, disconnections, etc., hit and you lose levels, items, and patience. Oh, and the "administrators" on the servers aren't helpful at all when it comes to technical difficulties, but wield their administrator powers without restraint or thought. Could've been a great multiplayer experience if various technical flaws were flushed out. However, due to the aforementioned issues, I wouldn't advise someone to purchase the game even at a discount unless you're purchasing it for the singleplayer experience alone. Expand
  13. Jul 8, 2013
    Absolutely garbage. One of the worse games I have ever played. Honestly. The combat is just god awful and pretty close to unplayable. Tried this game out with a friend because it was co op. I have heard good things about the magic or mage class and so that is what i picked. What I got was a useless, confusing, jumble of mashed together in what was THE worst wizard class I have ever played in a game EVER. Luckily i only got it for $12 but even for that price i feel like i got completely over. Do not get this game unless you have a ton of patients. Expand
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    You are forced to be a male character. As a hardcore female gamer, this is not appreciated. Role Playing Games, by definition, allow one to explore broad character options...not be forced into a cookie cutter avatar (that is gender biased). Two Worlds bills itself as a pure RPG? Enough said.
  15. Aug 24, 2013
    After 6 or so hours….i’ve gotta throw in the towel on this one. I appreciate the attempt at a worthwhile game but this thing is lacking so much usability and polish that it’s baffling to me.

Magic this seems to have some genuinely good features and mechanics
    Graphics pretty good. I REALLY like the foliage effects. They’re superior to Skyrim.
    Camera angle I really like the wobbly
    camera affect when you move and pan around.
    Crafting this looked really promising and I was starting to tinker with it.
    Lockpicking annoying
    Horse riding absolutely obnoxious (rapid clicking RMB to keep speed up???? Seriously? And if you overdo it the horse kicks you off)
    Looting sloooow, imprecise
    Jumping sluggish and retarded to pair it with the loot action button
    Enemies impossible to judge if they’re going to royally cornhole you until it’s nearly too late. You can't tell what their level is, their weakness/resistance, nothing. There are too many clustered too densely in too many areas.
    NPCs voice acting is disjointed but ok.
    Questing/Map/Teleporting this…..this is the killer. It’s absolutely painful to no end just simply following a quest, tagging my map, figuring out a destination, following it on my minimap, losing my DAMN HORSE and stealing another one, just zooming in and out on the goddamn map is a lesson in madness, I could go on forever on this one. Why didn’t they integrate the map/quest/teleporting into a single comprehensible tool instead of three disassociated menus? This is so impossibly maddening to simply navigate the game as a whole that it was the absolute deal breaker.

Uninstalled.
    The End.
  16. Oct 26, 2013
    Do not buy this game. I bought it on Steam and it wouldn't even let me get past the (Two hours worth of) demo anyway because I had to enter ALL my personal details, including where I live and my phone number, and registration failed to connect anyway. Some time later I got it working, they still wanted my personal details but I fudged it. It is AGAINST THE LAW to demand personal details in that manner anyway. After I managed to get past the tutorial I was still not impressed.

Gameplay: The game "Borrows" from Fable in that it lets you be a master of the Sword, the Bow, the Magic-Staff or go in as a sneaky rogue. I went as the rogue for all the backstabs, but quickly found that the game lacks a real stealth feature. You can sneak up on enemies, but the second they turn around they instantly spot you regardless of whether you're stealthing or not. This can be a legitimate feature when done right but TW2 doesn't do it right. You also die in 2 hits from EVERYTHING if you go this rout.

Everything Else?: The graphics are fugly. The music is so un-memorable that I've already forgotten what it was like. The token girl (Who is also an orc, you know those brutish green creatures covered in muscle? Those!) seems to be little more than an excuse to add to the game and she's not even that hot because of the graphics. And the voice-work? My god the voice work! That one goddess woman or something (I wasn't really paying much attention to the excuse plot), who also appears to be little more than an excuse for speaks 90 decibels higher than everyone else despite talking normally, her voice doesn't even have any special effects added to it that would justify the up in volume, it's just super loud. The main character sounds like he's been smoking for the last three centuries. The aforementioned orc girl's voice actress seems to be bored with the whole project, like she's only there to get paid. The ONLY redeemable voice that I got up to was that of the Orc Wizard (Don't think too hard on that) who was a mere ok.

The ONLY enjoyment I got out of this game was the part where the game glitched out and the Big Bad's cape flew over his head and begun covering his face while he was walking around giving his Big Bad Speech.

TopWare went around blackmailing all the reviewers who gave this game a score of less than 6 out of 10. But you know what? I think lower than that is WAY to good for this heap of trash. I give this game a flat ZERO.
  17. Jul 4, 2011

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.