6.4

1. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to loseCertainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2011
    i'd give it a thumbs up for improving over the first yet it isn't a perfect game. it is still a fun and addicting game that will pleased most RPG gamers
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    After the events around the first game , the second installment looked like a huge improvement, at least on the surface.The first game known for it's horrible VA became the definition of how not to introduce a new world to a player.The second game improves it's mechanics, mostly by adding accessibility where unnecessary complications flawed the first game.
    The magic system is a wast
    The magic system is a wast improvement giving the player the option to create his own spells and by merging the skills it lets the player decide what to do with his character.
    The story seems to expand , but only on the surface, the entire game is actually a huge amount of unrelated quests and story's that fail to connect or drag in the player. The overall feel was :"Why am I here and what am I doing."
    The MP component actually comes in as welcome addition, because the single player campaign actually feels like a MP introduction.
    Animations and character creation are flawed but tolerable.The AI is bad, very bad, and the environments are very pleasing.
    On PC the game suffers strong eye-straining bloom , that is not easily manageable, and controls that are very console like, typical with multiple tasks assigned to one key.
    Still when reflecting that there is character progression to a extent only limited by the player's will and idea, it's a actually fun exploration oriented RPG.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    The game wants to be great and falls short. The story is so ambivalent that even after 20+ hours of playing, running through the motions of quest completion, you still don't feel motivated to complete it. As many people state, combat is a very uninspiring affair. Seek other alternatives.
  5. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  6. Mar 10, 2011
    It's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as aIt's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as a mage is much harder as in the open you'll kill anything before they even touch you but as usual there are some tight spots where you're surrounded by the enemy or fighting in a small room. There's not much if any scaling so if you run into the wrong enemies you'd better run or die a quick death. I didn't play ranger (there's no actual classes but between strength/accuracy/magic attributes there could just as well be) but I imagine it would be much like the mage, easy on open spaces and bad in close quarters. Also as a mage you have to consider resistances, as a melee fight I just as one weapon with half slashing/bludgeoning damage with crystals for elemental damage, nothing was resistant against everything so I didn't really need any tactics. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  8. Mar 1, 2011
    One of the better RPG's I have played this year. The story tends to be a little weak and suffer from translation in places but the game itself will quickly have you forgetting there even IS a story. Good ol' fashioned hack and slashery!

Also the magic system is absurdly addictive. Making new spells can easily eat up a gaming session as you try just one more tweak....hrmm and what if I tried that....
    The multiplayer is strong and the co-op is perfect for that weekly "few buddies over" evening gaming session.
  9. Apr 3, 2011
    The best RPG since oblivion, this game is an underrated fine piece of RPG gaming.

A bold statement? Yes. A false statement? No. First off, ==Gameplay== The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the

A bold statement? Yes.
    A false statement? No.

First off,

==Gameplay==

The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the creatures TW2 has to offer and having a hell of alot of fun while doing so.

Melee combat itself is great with nice fluid block and counter mechanics that look amazing, melee combat is refreshingly dynamic in the sense that it isn't the same attack animation over and over until the bad guy is dead. Take dual wielding for example, your character fights with such grace and graphical brilliance you'll sometimes check twice your not watching a well choreographed cinematic.

Magic combat is, I found at least, hard to begin with because early in the game you don't really put out enough damage to stop whatever fiend your attacking from getting close and bashing your face in. It can be off putting but stick to it because mage gets VERY VERY good. And once you get a nice set of robes a nice staff and some of your very own made spells, yes you can make your own spells, you'll soon be commanding undead minions or hurling bouncing fire bolts at enemies in no time.

Ranged combat is very nice in TW2 and looks great, although in some places such as caves and small rooms you can often find yourself overwhelmed and having to retreat to a safe distance or fire as many arrows into the bad guys face while hoping you don't die. This is to be expected however, because let's face it a rangers combat prowess lies in distance and boy in distance landscapes (Of which TW2 has alot of) you will find yourself happily using enemies as a pin cushion before they even think of getting close.

Now, stealth combat. Stealth combat in TW2 is somewhat strange because it's not a full class in it's own right because it lacks any combat skills which is a shame because while you can fight with a dagger it's just a simple 3 hit combo. Stealth is more of a utility rather than combat class because you can pick pocket, pick locks, one hit kill people in the back, sneak around and place traps.

Crafting is great and you can upgrade all your weapons and armour, so that trusty sword you got at level 15 may very well be at your side at level 20 while you slice and dice your enemies. You can add special gems to weapons and armour to give them effects such as fire, ice , lightning etc. Most of the time it's better to dismantle any unwanted loot rather than sell it so you can use the materials to upgrade your own equipment.

Making potions is your typical throw ingredients in a pot and click create. And hoping you get something decent after. You can save recipes if you find a suitably good recipe to save time and effort when you want to make x amount of them.

==Graphics==

Just wow. Easily the best looking RPG to date there is no doubting that, the world looks amazing the armours all look amazing, weapons look amazing. Pretty much everything looks amazing and the game is pretty well optimized too. One thing that really stood out for me is just how good open landscapes look, they look incredible sometimes the lighting can seem overdone and sometimes blinding but other than that you will be opened mouthed, wide eyed and in amazement of what's being displayed on your screen.

==Sound==

The music is very nice and 9 times out of 10 suits the town or zone your in just perfectly. The voice acting is great, unlike the first game which was sadly not very good. Your character sounds suitably bad ass and not in the cheesy try-hard to be bad ass sense, he sounds great. And other NPCs sound great with a very few voices inducing face-palm moments.

The combat sounds great with clangs and bangs having a nice sounding ring to them rather than a sound engineer whacking a can of beans with a spoon. Magic sounds great and casting them cues your character to chant magical words which sounds great. Ranged combat hasn't been left in the dark in the sound department, whizzing arrows sound nice and when they hit something they sound great.

==Story==

Well it can seem quite confusing at first but once you get to grips with it, it does seem good. Although the story is easily the weakest point about TW2 and is why im only giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing this fine game however, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.
  10. Mar 12, 2011
    Unexpected good game, could not play a 1st one. There are still a lot of places to grow, but a huge amount of good things already there. Several great side quests, amazing fighting, graphics in general, big world, most of time great story, craft is blowminded. Just try it.
  11. Mar 29, 2011
    Two Worlds II is an improvement from the original Two Worlds video game released a few years ago. However, you will experience some game play flaws - which in all sincerity are annoying. (i.e. while you run with your horse, you can get stuck on a random tree) Besides these small flaws, the game is an enjoyable RPG and it will surely entertain you for a lot of hours.
  12. May 15, 2011
    This game falls short on all the requirements needed to make it a fun game for a casual or new RPG gamer. Even for someone who has played many RPGs, I still found it very hard to get interested in.

The Graphics are great, but everything else is sub par. The user interface is terrible, movement and actions clumsy, inventory and equipment load outs are poorly designed and archaic. The game looks like a top end game from 2011 but feels like the beta version of an RPG from 1995.

To add to these shortcomings the quest and map features are hard to follow and clumsy to use.

Hand or ranged combat is boring and repetitive, and the magic system is confusing, repetitive and boring.
  13. May 21, 2011
    I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre.I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre. The game is big. Its an open world action RPG with a few innovations to breath new life into the genre. The land scapes for the most part are very interesting and due to the impressive graphics and lighting i often found myself on a good vantage point just having a look at what my graphics card was capable of offering. The views were sometimes stunning. The Combat was a mixed bag. As a fighter there isnt much to do but keep pressing a button and wait for either you or your opponent to die. Tghe magic however was a little more strategic. Its a card based system where you find different cards, with different abilities and combine them to make the bad guy blasting spell of your dreams. The problem is, that even with powerful magic you often found yourself in the run, cast, run, heal scenario which could get tedious. The game falls quite heavily with the storyline. I had absolutely no idea what was going on and the story did little to encourage me to care. Perhaps it got lost in translation or perhaps they need to hire new writers but this was easily the worst part of the game. There were also a lot of missed oportunities, where i found myself briefly caring about a character, waiting for them to return from their current errands only to never see them again. However the game did manage to occupy your mind in other aspects. There is just so much to do, from busking to horse racing. There are plenty of fun distractions, enjoyable sidequests and fun past times in the game to keep an RPG fan happy for hours. Another innovation i feel was the multiplayer. A great idea which could have been great in execution had they added more to it and made it single player. You get to go on quests with other players and with the loot gained, build your own village. A lot of fun but just to simple to be engaging for any length of time. As an RPG fan i whole heartedly reccomend other RPG fans give the game a try. Its not for everyone, but some people will find a gem hidden in the flaws. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2011
    I have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting evenI have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting even with few bugs. The low side is a lack of content on multiplayer mode, the village can be a very usefull tool but the game would gain a lot more if they would open the full map and add some more quests and more challenging areas for high level players instead of having players grinding non stop the same maps. There isn't much choices available on multiplay, it's a RPG game, different mentality, people want challenge, quests, they don't mind grinding but for a purpose not just showing a high level char but nothing fun to do with it. Repetition of the same maps over and over...people get bored. But still, even with those few low sides, this game worth trying, You will still have some fun for hours before you will get good enough to start to get bored, and by the time you'll be to that point, who knows? maybe some new content will then have been release? A wish shared by many players so far, me included. Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showingTwo Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showing the gamers that the "Two Worlds" franchise have a potential of creating a good RPG . there is a multiplayer feature, but i think you dont buy this game and play because of it, as it is nothing special, really. the spell and potion creation feature is special, though, as you can create potions and spells with little to no limitations. the environment is good and varying, though sometimes it seems like the game is confused on the design, as the enemy types feels out of place and weird. the character creation is not bad, but you can only create male character, as there is no option to play as the opposite gender, probably because of the direction the story takes since the first game. an okay buy for people looking for a good RPG with many quests and a lush, beautiful word, i give it an honest 8 out of 10 because really, i enjoyed the many addictive hours the game presented me. Expand
  16. May 20, 2011
    good RPG if you can get it cheap thats a great deal.. tons of things to do and craft.. graphics lack abit lets face it its not a witcher 2 but gameplay wise you are free to do what ever you want gear wise and else.. really interesting solutions.. 8/10
  17. Jul 1, 2011
    Great game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to changeGreat game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to change tactics from quick powerful spell caster to heavy dual sword fighter, quite a large game to explore which i've wasted about 40+ hrs just exploring and constricting spells, game looks awesome in Directx 10 mode graphics, engine is one of the best I've seen yet for an rgp.

-smc
  18. Feb 13, 2011
    First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws,First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws, the dungeons seem pretty generic, the hud and inventory screen are a bit strange with the huge icons and some of the voice acting is not convincing. The combat is a bit strange in the beginning, but you will get used to it. This game left me with mixed feelings, on one side amazing graphics and some interesting twists and innovations (the magic system is pretty neat) and on the other side some things like the slightly off voice acting, the strange and sudden ending and the hud icons. Benefit of the doubt i guess, its still an enjoyable game. Oh and the most important thing: its stable. Collapse
  19. Feb 14, 2011
    Two Worlds II is the most underrated game I have played this year. The magic system surpassed any RPG this year, the graphics were better than decent and the world was well designed. The online was especially good. The game failed at controls, physics and the character customization.
  20. Feb 15, 2011
    Two Worlds II, does succeed in a few area's but this sequel misses par. The graphics are quite majestic, the score is orchestrated masterfully. Generally though, the games mechanics fall short. The animations are rancid, mostly due to the GRACE physics engine. Melee fighting quickly becomes stale and redundant. The magic system is different, within regards to it's user input. Half of theTwo Worlds II, does succeed in a few area's but this sequel misses par. The graphics are quite majestic, the score is orchestrated masterfully. Generally though, the games mechanics fall short. The animations are rancid, mostly due to the GRACE physics engine. Melee fighting quickly becomes stale and redundant. The magic system is different, within regards to it's user input. Half of the skills are passives, specific weapons correlate with combat skills. The interface is clunky, and slow with reactions to the player. The English voice acting is solid, though the main character has a Jay Anthony Franke-ish sound to him. It's quite disappointing to see video game designers struggling to produce solid action-rpg's with the same likeness of Gothic. Risen has really been the only except in recent years. I would like to see Reality Pump give it another go, but it's time to close the Two Worlds series. Expand
  21. Jul 8, 2011
    The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30 hours, I have still not done them all. The voice acting is good, the quests are good, the individual stories are good, the game has its own sense of humour and not every NPC you speak too will play fair with you. Just like real life. It has some of the best looking cities, dungeons and caves I have seen too. If you can put up with the console style controls, I recommend this game. Expand
  22. Apr 23, 2011
    This game gets a 10 just to cancel out DrHappy's 0. Nowhere in his asinine rant, or anywhere in the long-winded destrucoid article he links to, is there anything that even remotely resembles an actual fact.

A bunch of conjecture from....wait for it....anonymous sources. Why don't these folks man up and say what they think, and then stand behind it? Smells fishy to me. Incidentally, this

Incidentally, this game is very enjoyable and is much improved from its predecessor. Reviews in the 7/10 to 8/10 range are right on the money here.
  23. May 3, 2011
    Two Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forgeTwo Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forge weapons, when eventually you can create ones that can cut enemies in half in basically one swing. This may have been fixed by a patch, but combat gets repetitive soon after making it off of the first island in the game as everything from Ostriches to Wolfmen go out of their way to confront your character. Still a dramatic improvement upon the first game in the series, and not by any means a bad game, just not my cup of tea. Expand
  24. Apr 27, 2011
    This game was a nightmare. Fancy cinematic for another fail game. Confusing interaction with quest locations, character steering is prehistoric. Graphics are overkill, massive lag. Voice overs are a complete joke, character talks to himself like a crazy person. Not worth the money, absolute rip!
  25. May 21, 2011
    Dobra gra autorstwa Reality Pump.Soczysty system walki i wspaniaÅ
  26. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's farI didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's far from perfect, but a magnificent improvement." and they gave a 7/10 as opposed to its predecessors' measly 4/10. That was enough for me to pick this game up and give it a try. As any transition to a new developers' rendition of an RPG, the controls and interface took me a while to fully grasp and understand, but once I got the hang of it I could see what they were trying to accomplish, and it works for the most part. Combat seems rather high-curved and non-noob-friendly. Difficulty escalates quickly if you don't know what you're doing, but that is what makes RPG's shine; finding a way to make it easier, while simultaneously being fun. Visuals are some of the best of the genre, looks like Fable 2's beautiful array of colors matched with Oblivion's type of terrain. Makes for a lovely visual experience. As RPG's go, this effort is a 10/10. Only thing keeping my score down at 8 is the infamous force-quits that arise from multiple factors. Doesn't happen too often, but these days even crashing on a rare basis is too much. Plenty of other games that don't crash no matter how hard I push them. The other thing keeping it down is the lack of fine tuning. As far as attention to detail, they do a wonderful job, everything seems to be handled intricately, but there ARE some minor things that get missed, such as an enemy not loading an animation, or simply not having an animation, so they just kind of float around doing damage to you. Think of a newly released MMO, or expansion to one. Sure, there may be a few things that don't look quite right, but it's all working properly, so you just chuckle at the fact it looks funny even tho it is still attacking you just the same. Minor things like that. The main thing that attracted me to the game was the magic system. Skyrim's dumbed down magic was disappointing, so the extreme customization of magic in Two Worlds 2 was a lovely refresher, especially since it has a large amount of real-time physics involved, not just animation and effect. Two worlds 2 summed up in 6 words; "the RPG that Fable never was", as it takes a lot of design and aesthetics from the Fable series, but expands on it more than Lionhead could ever hope to. All in all, a solid game-play experience. If you're bored with Skyrim, Fable, your MMO, or any other RPG out there, give Two Worlds 2 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get the hang of it. Just make sure to save pretty much after every quest turned in and every group of enemies killed, as you never know when a force-close will force you to do it all over again. Expand
  27. Sep 24, 2011
    This is one of the worst games I've played in quite some time. Certainly by far the worst game I've ever bought off steam. I still have no clue how Metacritic gave it a score of 76. The reviewers have obviously never played it and just bs'd a review from reading the back of the game box or copied whatever hype they read about it.

To quote another user review, "Certainly there are flaws

To quote another user review, "Certainly there are flaws with the game.." is a huge understatement. The level of things wrong and poorly designed with this is staggering. The UI (Slow, unresponsive, sticky, clunky and just looks ugly), character models (Poorly proportioned, GTA3 style hands that never animate), clipping (Everything clips through your character, half the time it looks like your feet is sinking into the ground), animation (Running is laughable, a majority of the time your attacks don't even touch the enemy), combat mechanics (The magic system is one of the worst I've seen in a very long time), the list goes on and on. Now I understand Reality Pump isn't exactly a triple A game company, but they could have at least taken a page from other similar, and much more successful games when creating this one. And for those who say at least its a good fantasy RPG; Not once have I ever desired a fantasy RPG where I'm chased by a rhinoceros, baboon, hyena and ostrich across a flat, dull looking savanna. If you're looking for that "unique fantasy" game that is as unoriginal as it is uncreative then you've come to the right place.

And I'm not just trying to give a random hate rant, this game is really that bad. Skip it and move on to Witcher 2 or go back to Oblivion and wait for Skyrim. Feel free to come back to it once its in the bargain bin for $10.
  28. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  29. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce ofI've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand
  30. May 21, 2011
    The game is overall enjoyable, despite some gameplay flaws, minor glitches and a terrible ending. If you take your time to do all the quests in the first chapter, I'll actually get to appreciate the effort. Visuals are good - nothing outstanding. The only thing that really stands out are the fighting mechanics as a mage.
  31. Feb 13, 2011

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.