6.4

1. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to loseCertainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's farI didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's far from perfect, but a magnificent improvement." and they gave a 7/10 as opposed to its predecessors' measly 4/10. That was enough for me to pick this game up and give it a try. As any transition to a new developers' rendition of an RPG, the controls and interface took me a while to fully grasp and understand, but once I got the hang of it I could see what they were trying to accomplish, and it works for the most part. Combat seems rather high-curved and non-noob-friendly. Difficulty escalates quickly if you don't know what you're doing, but that is what makes RPG's shine; finding a way to make it easier, while simultaneously being fun. Visuals are some of the best of the genre, looks like Fable 2's beautiful array of colors matched with Oblivion's type of terrain. Makes for a lovely visual experience. As RPG's go, this effort is a 10/10. Only thing keeping my score down at 8 is the infamous force-quits that arise from multiple factors. Doesn't happen too often, but these days even crashing on a rare basis is too much. Plenty of other games that don't crash no matter how hard I push them. The other thing keeping it down is the lack of fine tuning. As far as attention to detail, they do a wonderful job, everything seems to be handled intricately, but there ARE some minor things that get missed, such as an enemy not loading an animation, or simply not having an animation, so they just kind of float around doing damage to you. Think of a newly released MMO, or expansion to one. Sure, there may be a few things that don't look quite right, but it's all working properly, so you just chuckle at the fact it looks funny even tho it is still attacking you just the same. Minor things like that. The main thing that attracted me to the game was the magic system. Skyrim's dumbed down magic was disappointing, so the extreme customization of magic in Two Worlds 2 was a lovely refresher, especially since it has a large amount of real-time physics involved, not just animation and effect. Two worlds 2 summed up in 6 words; "the RPG that Fable never was", as it takes a lot of design and aesthetics from the Fable series, but expands on it more than Lionhead could ever hope to. All in all, a solid game-play experience. If you're bored with Skyrim, Fable, your MMO, or any other RPG out there, give Two Worlds 2 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get the hang of it. Just make sure to save pretty much after every quest turned in and every group of enemies killed, as you never know when a force-close will force you to do it all over again. Expand
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce ofI've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2012
    Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better,Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better, but its already a huge step forward from the previous one. Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one. At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one.
    At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to level up or avoid some enemies!
    Well the reason why i gave this game 7 and not 10 is because of the map (its not to small and not to big but they make it look to big and when u want to teleport back to the start u need to wait half minute to move the arrow to the teleport... and the other bad think is... i am a warrior guy and this game doesnt seems to like warriors much... i am 12 lvl and the shops doesnt give any heavy armor only some cloak for heavy armor...i even join the fighters guild and the only armor they had was leather... i used a bonus code to get a heavy armor.
    the mages are very powerful in this game! if u like mages this game is for u if u like warriors like me this game is hard but good :)
  6. Oct 28, 2011
    This review covers the single player game, patch version 1.3

This review covers the single player game, patch version 1.3

Due to the absolute incarnation of atrocity that the first installment in this series ended up being, I refused to purchase this game outright. After playing through the introduction, however, I was more than pleasantly surprised. I had no qualms about purchasing the full release. It should be noted that the 1.3 patch fixes MANY of the issues noted in the negative reviews on this board.

The Good: You have good character customization options, with 3 main skill sets (melee, ranged, and magic) as well as 3 supporting skills, Assassin (sneak, lockpick, etc), Crafting, and General skills (resistances, etc).

The character model options are a mixed bag, as you are locked into playing a male character with a specific voice, and not much to work with body wise. However, the facial options are on par with the state of the art and with the games amazing graphics you can really create a very impressive face.

The game doesn't hand-hold the player anywhere near as much as most modern titles, hearkening back to better days. For example, fast travel is not magical instantaneous transport to any point on the map. You utilize a network of teleports, which adds greatly to the immersion. This is balanced by the fact that not only are there many destinations, you can also acquire personal teleports to place where you desire. You can initiate teleport from anywhere in the outside world.

Combat is intense, and difficult against enemies your level and higher (and sometimes even lower level). However, by employing actual player skill, you can hold your own in many situations where you would fail in simple number crunching games. In melee, blocking is critical if you wish to survive.

Character interactions with quest NPCs is great. While some might consider this a "con", the game departs from a pure RPG in that your character will respond to dialogue with his own personality in many cases, and will also make decisions based on his personality. While there are plenty of opportunities to make choices, many of the games interactions are scripted. I, personally, found this refreshing - I actually got mad at the way the character handled a situation with an investment - but other players may not like it.

The graphics and physics are, as yet, unmatched by any cRPG to date. With the wave action taken into account, it is arguably better than any video game water yet made. The big release of the defacto-ruling series of first/third person RPGs comes out next month (November 2011), we'll see how it stacks up. I won't get into too much more detail on this, as I do not put much stock in form over function, but you won't be displeased by the eye candy.

The sound is great, and the music is even better. I wouldn't put it up for any industry awards, but they are very well done.

The crafting systems (for upgrading items, brewing potions, and creating magic spells) are some of, if not the, best to date. The interface is smooth, and the possible combinations are amazingly varied.

Lockpicking is very nice, though a little too easy. The highest level locks can be a challenge. The nice part is, you can tailor this to your personal skill level by deciding how many points you'd like to put in the lockpick skill.

The Not So Good:

The game suffers from the same "consolification" syndrome that the majority modern titles inherit. The interfaces and controls are hampered accordingly, with issues like multiple actions being assigned to the same keys. This is simply inexcusable in a PC game, which offers far greater control abilities and far more precise view control than a console controller (as far as FPS/TPS goes that is). The spacebar (default) is the greatest offender as it is tied to jumping, the "use" action (including mounting your horse), as well as affecting combination and special attacks in combat. Right mouse button is almost as bad, as you use it both to sprint AND to sneak. If you right click while standing still, you sneak (which automatically draws your dagger if equipped, which citizens and guards take offense to). If you right click while moving you will sprint (which can cause you to bolt off a cliff or ledge).

Arrows move far slower than their medieval contemporaries.

Camera is (rarely) annoying when close to objects, or when the game switches to a cinematic view of a melee swing, which can cause you to immediately face away from your opponent.

Horse controls are improved over TW1, but still subpar. The removal of horseback combat was a bad move.

All in all, this is a superb game in need of just a little more polish and improved controls. While I feel that naming the game after the steaming pile that preceded it was a bad marketing move, if TW3 is a much of a leap forward as TW2 is, it will be a scroll-dethroning game for certain.

For FPS/TPS action RPG fans, I give this a 9.5. I highly recommend at least trying the demo!
  7. Mar 10, 2014
    For anybody who have played predecessor this is by far more balanced, stable, nicer, enjoyable.
    More or less typical free world third person RPG if you like such games you should try it.

The most outstanding thing would be magic system.You are using set of cards you can buy or find to create spell. For example you can use card for fire and missile an you have fireball than you can add card for bouncing and the missile fill hit more targets. Use summoning cards with different card and would summon different types of creatures.

The story is quiet nice with complementary twist, starting few years after end of first game it once again revolves around your sister being prisoner of Gandahar, nothing too deep, but standart for this types of RPG. There is plenty of side quest for guilds or common folks.

I would like to mention horse riding as it is done bit differently as we are used to and you have to goad the horse to have good speed constantly this feel more realistic then just push forward button.You can also sail (you new to use wind properly) which was also nice diversification.

There is new upgrade system when you can deconstruct old items to upgrade new one you can also use pigments to recolor your cloths and add jewels to add magic properties. You need to have skill for this. There is also crafting skill for alchemy.

There is enough of different environments and you will visits savannas, dessert, jungle, swaps, magically corrupted lands and one big desert and one big oriental city. Each type of environment have its own typical inhabitants.

Fight is pretty classic system of hit and cover melee combat, ranged attacks and mage casting with stuff used for covering and hitting. You can also use various skills to enhance you fighting capabilities or use traps to help yourself. Enemies have small icons that represents their resistances so you can pick up most suitable weapon/spell to kill them.

I got from the game what I was expecting and saw few original features, graphic was nice and game was long, but not to long so something above 8.5 should be appropriate for it.
  8. Apr 9, 2014
    I am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the characterI am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the character models/animations have been overhauled and last but certainly not least this game has been given a huge graphical upgrade! The first time I booted it up I was taken aside by how pretty it looked! If you own a Mac or a PC and you're into RPG's you should defitniely give this one a try now! Its truly an amazing game with one of the best fantasy worlds I have ever seen and you're not going to find a better version of it on the market! Expand
  9. Feb 19, 2014
    I am new to RPG games, I rather play FPS games like Battlefield or CoD. I bought it on steam a few days ago. In my opinion it is a very fun game with amazing graphics even in 2014 but there are some very annoying bugs that have to be patched. And I think this patch will never come out. Anyway.
  10. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  11. Mar 29, 2011
    Two Worlds II is an improvement from the original Two Worlds video game released a few years ago. However, you will experience some game play flaws - which in all sincerity are annoying. (i.e. while you run with your horse, you can get stuck on a random tree) Besides these small flaws, the game is an enjoyable RPG and it will surely entertain you for a lot of hours.
  12. May 21, 2011
    I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre.I only played two worlds recently and i have to say i didnt enjoy it much. For many reasons i was unable to give it a fair chance though due to the many bugsand flaws. Deciding to give the series another chance i bought Two Qorlds 2 and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It has its faults but you can tell that the game had the right kind of passion put into it from every feautre. The game is big. Its an open world action RPG with a few innovations to breath new life into the genre. The land scapes for the most part are very interesting and due to the impressive graphics and lighting i often found myself on a good vantage point just having a look at what my graphics card was capable of offering. The views were sometimes stunning. The Combat was a mixed bag. As a fighter there isnt much to do but keep pressing a button and wait for either you or your opponent to die. Tghe magic however was a little more strategic. Its a card based system where you find different cards, with different abilities and combine them to make the bad guy blasting spell of your dreams. The problem is, that even with powerful magic you often found yourself in the run, cast, run, heal scenario which could get tedious. The game falls quite heavily with the storyline. I had absolutely no idea what was going on and the story did little to encourage me to care. Perhaps it got lost in translation or perhaps they need to hire new writers but this was easily the worst part of the game. There were also a lot of missed oportunities, where i found myself briefly caring about a character, waiting for them to return from their current errands only to never see them again. However the game did manage to occupy your mind in other aspects. There is just so much to do, from busking to horse racing. There are plenty of fun distractions, enjoyable sidequests and fun past times in the game to keep an RPG fan happy for hours. Another innovation i feel was the multiplayer. A great idea which could have been great in execution had they added more to it and made it single player. You get to go on quests with other players and with the loot gained, build your own village. A lot of fun but just to simple to be engaging for any length of time. As an RPG fan i whole heartedly reccomend other RPG fans give the game a try. Its not for everyone, but some people will find a gem hidden in the flaws. Expand
  13. Mar 22, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showingTwo Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showing the gamers that the "Two Worlds" franchise have a potential of creating a good RPG . there is a multiplayer feature, but i think you dont buy this game and play because of it, as it is nothing special, really. the spell and potion creation feature is special, though, as you can create potions and spells with little to no limitations. the environment is good and varying, though sometimes it seems like the game is confused on the design, as the enemy types feels out of place and weird. the character creation is not bad, but you can only create male character, as there is no option to play as the opposite gender, probably because of the direction the story takes since the first game. an okay buy for people looking for a good RPG with many quests and a lush, beautiful word, i give it an honest 8 out of 10 because really, i enjoyed the many addictive hours the game presented me. Expand
  14. May 20, 2011
    good RPG if you can get it cheap thats a great deal.. tons of things to do and craft.. graphics lack abit lets face it its not a witcher 2 but gameplay wise you are free to do what ever you want gear wise and else.. really interesting solutions.. 8/10
  15. Feb 10, 2011
    i'd give it a thumbs up for improving over the first yet it isn't a perfect game. it is still a fun and addicting game that will pleased most RPG gamers
  16. May 3, 2011
    Two Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forgeTwo Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forge weapons, when eventually you can create ones that can cut enemies in half in basically one swing. This may have been fixed by a patch, but combat gets repetitive soon after making it off of the first island in the game as everything from Ostriches to Wolfmen go out of their way to confront your character. Still a dramatic improvement upon the first game in the series, and not by any means a bad game, just not my cup of tea. Expand
  17. Apr 3, 2011
    The best RPG since oblivion, this game is an underrated fine piece of RPG gaming.

A bold statement? Yes. A false statement? No. First off, ==Gameplay== The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the

A bold statement? Yes.
    A false statement? No.

First off,

==Gameplay==

The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the creatures TW2 has to offer and having a hell of alot of fun while doing so.

Melee combat itself is great with nice fluid block and counter mechanics that look amazing, melee combat is refreshingly dynamic in the sense that it isn't the same attack animation over and over until the bad guy is dead. Take dual wielding for example, your character fights with such grace and graphical brilliance you'll sometimes check twice your not watching a well choreographed cinematic.

Magic combat is, I found at least, hard to begin with because early in the game you don't really put out enough damage to stop whatever fiend your attacking from getting close and bashing your face in. It can be off putting but stick to it because mage gets VERY VERY good. And once you get a nice set of robes a nice staff and some of your very own made spells, yes you can make your own spells, you'll soon be commanding undead minions or hurling bouncing fire bolts at enemies in no time.

Ranged combat is very nice in TW2 and looks great, although in some places such as caves and small rooms you can often find yourself overwhelmed and having to retreat to a safe distance or fire as many arrows into the bad guys face while hoping you don't die. This is to be expected however, because let's face it a rangers combat prowess lies in distance and boy in distance landscapes (Of which TW2 has alot of) you will find yourself happily using enemies as a pin cushion before they even think of getting close.

Now, stealth combat. Stealth combat in TW2 is somewhat strange because it's not a full class in it's own right because it lacks any combat skills which is a shame because while you can fight with a dagger it's just a simple 3 hit combo. Stealth is more of a utility rather than combat class because you can pick pocket, pick locks, one hit kill people in the back, sneak around and place traps.

Crafting is great and you can upgrade all your weapons and armour, so that trusty sword you got at level 15 may very well be at your side at level 20 while you slice and dice your enemies. You can add special gems to weapons and armour to give them effects such as fire, ice , lightning etc. Most of the time it's better to dismantle any unwanted loot rather than sell it so you can use the materials to upgrade your own equipment.

Making potions is your typical throw ingredients in a pot and click create. And hoping you get something decent after. You can save recipes if you find a suitably good recipe to save time and effort when you want to make x amount of them.

==Graphics==

Just wow. Easily the best looking RPG to date there is no doubting that, the world looks amazing the armours all look amazing, weapons look amazing. Pretty much everything looks amazing and the game is pretty well optimized too. One thing that really stood out for me is just how good open landscapes look, they look incredible sometimes the lighting can seem overdone and sometimes blinding but other than that you will be opened mouthed, wide eyed and in amazement of what's being displayed on your screen.

==Sound==

The music is very nice and 9 times out of 10 suits the town or zone your in just perfectly. The voice acting is great, unlike the first game which was sadly not very good. Your character sounds suitably bad ass and not in the cheesy try-hard to be bad ass sense, he sounds great. And other NPCs sound great with a very few voices inducing face-palm moments.

The combat sounds great with clangs and bangs having a nice sounding ring to them rather than a sound engineer whacking a can of beans with a spoon. Magic sounds great and casting them cues your character to chant magical words which sounds great. Ranged combat hasn't been left in the dark in the sound department, whizzing arrows sound nice and when they hit something they sound great.

==Story==

Well it can seem quite confusing at first but once you get to grips with it, it does seem good. Although the story is easily the weakest point about TW2 and is why im only giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing this fine game however, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.
  18. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  19. May 21, 2011
    The game is overall enjoyable, despite some gameplay flaws, minor glitches and a terrible ending. If you take your time to do all the quests in the first chapter, I'll actually get to appreciate the effort. Visuals are good - nothing outstanding. The only thing that really stands out are the fighting mechanics as a mage.
  20. Mar 10, 2011
    It's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as aIt's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as a mage is much harder as in the open you'll kill anything before they even touch you but as usual there are some tight spots where you're surrounded by the enemy or fighting in a small room. There's not much if any scaling so if you run into the wrong enemies you'd better run or die a quick death. I didn't play ranger (there's no actual classes but between strength/accuracy/magic attributes there could just as well be) but I imagine it would be much like the mage, easy on open spaces and bad in close quarters. Also as a mage you have to consider resistances, as a melee fight I just as one weapon with half slashing/bludgeoning damage with crystals for elemental damage, nothing was resistant against everything so I didn't really need any tactics. Expand
  21. Jul 1, 2011
    Great game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to changeGreat game if your looking for the following an open-ended sandbox experience which doesn't tie together to well story wise but if you like to venture off your own direction there are lots of hilarious moments to find, with a decent combat experience which gets better as you construct more weapons, strange items and seriously CRAZY arse spells, multi class on-the-fly system to change tactics from quick powerful spell caster to heavy dual sword fighter, quite a large game to explore which i've wasted about 40+ hrs just exploring and constricting spells, game looks awesome in Directx 10 mode graphics, engine is one of the best I've seen yet for an rgp.

-smc
  22. Feb 13, 2012
    One genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not lettingOne genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not letting you explore the major map. That alone made me hate this game. ---- And after about 6 months of hating this game I made peace with it. And started playing it for real. And... Yes, it's a lot better than two worlds 1. A LOT better. In fact, I reccomend this game to people who like quality open world rpg's in general. Combat is improved, guilds are interesting now, the world is less copy/paste - the new systems make a lot more sense. It's a damn solid game. However one of the major things keeping it from greatness, is the very thing that the original flawed game did have. A big world. Make two worlds 3 have the quality of two worlds 2, and the size of two worlds 1. And you have a all time great game. 7/10. Impressive. Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is a mix of brilliance and poorly thought out quest lines,as if two teams were working on the project ,one of geniuses and another of idiots.
    The storyline which is criticised is no worse than most RPG and some of the spelling and translation is amusing- but that is not the main problem with the game- which is.. lack of focus.
    Would be improved by showing enemy levels and better
    Would be improved by showing enemy levels and better quests ...in short its a brilliantly created world of nothing.
    It has the potential to be a top rated game but its not there yet .They could take a few tips from Dragon age Origins and they would have a winner.
    Worth buying, not memorable
  24. Mar 9, 2012
    I just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where isI just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where is was overloaded with them and i just didnt want to do any quests. The enemy variety is also extremely good and the npc's looks vary but there rises another problem, the voice acting and facial animations are extremely dull which breaks your immersion. When it comes to story I was confused, I never played the original Two Worlds so I had to do research to know what was going on which i didn't like. Now the graphics are decent but not that great, and the animations may vary from quite good to a little bit dull and dated. The magic system, that saves this game, learning abilities and creating crazy spells and combining abilities is so fun magic may become a great weapon, or just something to distract you. Overall this game has a downside for nearly every good thing but its still playable and some may enjoy it, just keep in your mind that this is not a game for everyone, but you are welcome to try it if this is your type of game. Expand
  25. Mar 1, 2011
    One of the better RPG's I have played this year. The story tends to be a little weak and suffer from translation in places but the game itself will quickly have you forgetting there even IS a story. Good ol' fashioned hack and slashery!

Also the magic system is absurdly addictive. Making new spells can easily eat up a gaming session as you try just one more tweak....hrmm and what if I tried that....
    The multiplayer is strong and the co-op is perfect for that weekly "few buddies over" evening gaming session.
  26. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  27. Feb 14, 2011
    Two Worlds II is the most underrated game I have played this year. The magic system surpassed any RPG this year, the graphics were better than decent and the world was well designed. The online was especially good. The game failed at controls, physics and the character customization.
  28. Jul 8, 2011
    The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30 hours, I have still not done them all. The voice acting is good, the quests are good, the individual stories are good, the game has its own sense of humour and not every NPC you speak too will play fair with you. Just like real life. It has some of the best looking cities, dungeons and caves I have seen too. If you can put up with the console style controls, I recommend this game. Expand
  29. May 21, 2011
    Dobra gra autorstwa Reality Pump.Soczysty system walki i wspaniaÅ
  30. Feb 23, 2011
    I have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting evenI have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting even with few bugs. The low side is a lack of content on multiplayer mode, the village can be a very usefull tool but the game would gain a lot more if they would open the full map and add some more quests and more challenging areas for high level players instead of having players grinding non stop the same maps. There isn't much choices available on multiplay, it's a RPG game, different mentality, people want challenge, quests, they don't mind grinding but for a purpose not just showing a high level char but nothing fun to do with it. Repetition of the same maps over and over...people get bored. But still, even with those few low sides, this game worth trying, You will still have some fun for hours before you will get good enough to start to get bored, and by the time you'll be to that point, who knows? maybe some new content will then have been release? A wish shared by many players so far, me included. Expand
  31. Jul 1, 2011

-smc

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.