6.8

1. Nov 24, 2011
    This game has amazing game-play and graphics, but there seems to be various animation bugs and normal bugs. I have the game for the Xbox, and i'v played for more then 10 hours, and the game seems to have its ups and downs, but if you played it for at least 1 hour, you might find yourself addictive to it.
  2. Jun 18, 2013
    People are mostly hating on this game, but I really like this game's feel. There is something unique about this, that made me stick with it for many hours. Maybe it's the art style, the character designs or the world itself. Dunno but I really felt immersed into the game. Two Worlds has THE BEST magic system ever created. I loved collecting spell-cards, then finding other cards to mod myPeople are mostly hating on this game, but I really like this game's feel. There is something unique about this, that made me stick with it for many hours. Maybe it's the art style, the character designs or the world itself. Dunno but I really felt immersed into the game. Two Worlds has THE BEST magic system ever created. I loved collecting spell-cards, then finding other cards to mod my spell they way I wanted. The alchemy was also the best I've seen in an RPG game so far. Combat is a bit imbalanced and clunky in a similiar way Gothic 1&2 combat is. The world is impressive in size and there are many distinctive landscapes forests including cold mountain tops, desert and rainforest. It had bugs, balance problems and lack polishment but I felt so entranced by the game that I ignored those problems and kept playing. Also some new patches came out so maybe it's better now. One of the best RPGs in my book. I don't get it why people hate it. Just try it despite all the hate from people, maybe you will love it as I did. I'm giving it 8/10. Actually writing this review makes me want to replay it right now. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2014
    I tend to agree with some of the comments here. It is so terribly good. As is Two Worlds 2! Both games are certainly not the Blockbuster big budget games that Oblivion or Skyrim are, but you know what? It's pretty darn good for what it tries to do! The voice acting is mediocre at best, but the dialogue is good. So it balances out. The animations, like Two Worlds 2 are repetitive and kindaI tend to agree with some of the comments here. It is so terribly good. As is Two Worlds 2! Both games are certainly not the Blockbuster big budget games that Oblivion or Skyrim are, but you know what? It's pretty darn good for what it tries to do! The voice acting is mediocre at best, but the dialogue is good. So it balances out. The animations, like Two Worlds 2 are repetitive and kinda cheezy. However, like many, I find myself drawn to it's great combat, good story, interaction and gameplay. It is indeed fun. The archery is not Skyrim caliber, but it's far better than Oblivion's horrible bow mechanics. Think Fable 2 or Zelda type bow mechanics which are decent. If I were to compare it to anything, it would be a little Skyrim and a little Oblivion and although low budget in some respects, it makes up for it in many others. The graphics are VERY good for a game of it's time and the engine feels fluid and not clunky. Not as clunky as Oblivion anyway, but not quite as refined or polished as Skyrim. Nevertheless, it gets a well deserved 7 - 8, just because they try hard and what little shortcomings it has are EASILY overlooked because it's just fun to play! It's worth a look and you just might be surprised. I would even recommend it over Two Worlds 2. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2011
    This is an absolutely terrible game. However, it is also quite a lot of fun. I really don't know how else to put it. The storyline is so bad it's good. The voice acting is pure cheesiness. You'll get sick of the word "verily" after about ten minutes of play. They try to make it old English, but they messed it up. Combat is fun, character development is fun, crafting is fun,This is an absolutely terrible game. However, it is also quite a lot of fun. I really don't know how else to put it. The storyline is so bad it's good. The voice acting is pure cheesiness. You'll get sick of the word "verily" after about ten minutes of play. They try to make it old English, but they messed it up. Combat is fun, character development is fun, crafting is fun, exploring is fun, and spells are fun. You really get that "I'm getting stronger" feeling the best RPGs give you as you develop. If you can get it for cheap, pick it up. I'd spend $10-20 on it. It'll amuse you for a week or two. Expand
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    This game isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, considering it's in the 6's range on metacritic. I've definitely seen worse games get a better score...

at any rate Two Worlds is a decent game, during gameplay the graphics are just fine, it's actually the cutscenes that are the worst part of it Especially when they are talking. It's like one of those old japanese movies badly dubbed over where the people are talking with their mouths closed lol.

That's pretty much the worst part and I don't feel it merits the bad reviews. You basically have three options as a character harassing your enemies at range with your choice of magic or bow (which are treated pretty much the same just need different stats) and kiting your enemies, Making your standard melee tank warrior, or being a sneaky thief/assassin.

I haven't beat the game, so maybe this will change but the plot is interesting but didn't make me care about the characters most of them have ties to the first two worlds game which I never played and therefore didn't care about a lot of it.
  6. Sep 17, 2010
    INTRODUCTION
    INTRODUCTION
    A world of chaos infested by the taint. Uncertain truths await at every turn. Your sister kidnapped by unknown assailants. You embark on an epic quest to find and save your sister from an ancient curse. Orcs seek to raise their god and somehow your family is connected. Why? How? With only your trusted weapon at your side, you seek to find the answers. Whether it be eternal glory or an oblivion of darkness awaiting youâ
  7. Jul 1, 2012
    Two Worlds a game I almost gave up on, so awful on the 360. Tried it on the PC patched upto 1.7 a real Gem of a RPG. Better than Gothic 3 but not as epic as Elder Scrolls, Two Worlds 2 is now on my list of games to get.
  8. Oct 3, 2010
    Oblivion killer?No way.Cheap and unsuccessful Oblivion copy?Of course.
  9. Mar 12, 2012
    Two worlds is a clunky game, with an unexciting world and poor game balance. This is somewhat offset by the size of the landmass and the amount of content in the game. Recommended to tolerant players who don't mind a lot of jank. What they get in exchange is a lot of almost mindless wander-time. Most of which they will be extremely overpowered.
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    A fairly average RPG that looks pretty solid and has a lot of potential but never really quite gets there. Similar style to others like Oblivion of the time but the poor movement and average story as well as voice acting make this a more of a miss than a hit.
  11. Jun 30, 2014
    I got TW and TW II in a GoG package sale super cheap. I've played through the game, but didn't bother with completing every side quest. It really wasn't worth the effort to bother and I really only played it because I wanted to go into TW II having played the first game and it came with it.

This is a horrible game. The interface is clunky, the voice acting is Resident Evil level awful, and the graphics are dated and inconsistent. The rendered cut-scenes look worse than the actual game does, and that's saying something.

That said, it's not the worst way you could spend your time, but just about any other open world RPG would be better. The lack of quality leads to some amusing moments, but it's not really enough to make up for how bad this game is. It's also not particularly difficult and once the main campaign is over, the game ends.

You're much better off with something like Elder Scrolls or Divinity, but if you've burned yourself out on those games and are looking for something to scratch the open world RPG itch and don't mind a heavy amount of cheese, this is awful if you get it cheap. You might enjoy it in an 'it's so bad it's good' kind of way, but don't expect more than that out of it, and be prepared to deal with the awkward interface and frustratingly flighty enemies and poor ranged combat.

Melee works fine, bows are useless, and spells are largely only good for stopping fleeing or kiting enemies so you can run up and smack them with a melee weapon. Weapons can be swapped and there are multiple hot bars, but even those are a little awkward to use. Not to the point that they don't work.

The sequel is far better, but the events of this game happen just previous to TW II. You don't need to play this to enjoy the far superior sequel, but you'll probably get a little more out of TW II if you have.

If you can get it super cheap, blow through it with some cheat commands before playing TW II. Powering through the main quest doesn't take that long. Otherwise I really can't recommend it. It's not unplayable or devoid of fun, but lacks any sort of polish and is riddled with minor bugs. I've yet to run into anything game breaking and most are graphical in nature.

Get it cheap, and even then only if you've tired of better games of the same type and/or are looking to play Two Worlds II with more insight on the lore of the game's setting. Even then it's best to just cheat God-mode yourself and blow through the campaign without worrying much about the various side quests.

Pretty much skip it unless you're a hardcore fan of this type of game and are willing to put up with it's many, many flaws.
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    Poor Graphics, poor audio, pure failure. This game hits the nail on the head of 'Glitch' and corrodes depressively by trying too hard to concept so differently in comparison of other Role-Playing Games. The Complete misconception consists of unrealism by enabling the ability to forge an item with another item of it's self, in a combination of greater power. Overall, The game exceeds anPoor Graphics, poor audio, pure failure. This game hits the nail on the head of 'Glitch' and corrodes depressively by trying too hard to concept so differently in comparison of other Role-Playing Games. The Complete misconception consists of unrealism by enabling the ability to forge an item with another item of it's self, in a combination of greater power. Overall, The game exceeds an outstanding 10/10 for bug exploration. Expand

1. Overall, we were mostly frustrated while playing this game. Chalk it up to a poorly optimized engine, a dull and generic fantasy world, all drawn from an exceedingly overused gameplay concept.
  2. Two Worlds is worth a play, but only if you've exhausted the competition. And invested in ear plugs for when the characters start talking. [Aug 2007, p.88]
    Whilst not groundbreaking, Two Worlds offers some decent fantasy gaming. It's just a shame for the game that there's others out there that do the 'open world' RPG thing better.