8.3

1. Aug 11, 2012
    Unmechanical is a fairly enjoyable little physics puzzler.
    Unmechanical is a fairly enjoyable little physics puzzler.
    It plays very intuitively, with the controls being simplistic yet fully functional. Thanks to the physics engine, your little robot flies with a real sense of weight and, at times, clunkiness that makes you feel just a little bad about bumping him against the environment. Carrying things with his tractor beam drags it down just enough to make you feel like you're actually lifting something heavy, which takes a bit of effort and control.

Graphics-wise the game is just stunning. Gorgeous to look at and get lost in, with lots of beautiful detail and atmosphere.

The puzzles are very much enjoyable and brain-teasing, yet I think they should have put more puzzles into the game. The current amount of puzzles just doesn't cut it after you're done with the game, which can be easily achieved in less than 3 hours, and as it is, physics puzzles aren't offering that much replay-value (if you're not into speed-running games like these, anyway).

Considering the limited amount of unique content, I am not sure if the asking price is really appropriate, despite it being a very solid experience from start to finish. Nonetheless, they've achieved what they wanted with the game, it is a solid product I'd very much like to see more of in the future.
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    I like the art style, but some puzzles in this game is weird and not really funny, I think these puzzle are too normal every time I solve the puzzles I never got impressed. but it is still not a bad game. I give (6/10),
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    Set in a hauntingly beautiful steampunk universe with some neat puzzles and physics, I was totally immersed by this game. There is no text, and no voices. Only incredible visuals, simple sound effects and some atmospheric background music. Aside from movement controls you have only one action and there is no death. Simply put, this was a very pleasant and entertaining experience and ISet in a hauntingly beautiful steampunk universe with some neat puzzles and physics, I was totally immersed by this game. There is no text, and no voices. Only incredible visuals, simple sound effects and some atmospheric background music. Aside from movement controls you have only one action and there is no death. Simply put, this was a very pleasant and entertaining experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. On the down side the game is a bit short, although they squeeze out a lot from the simple mechanics and is well worth the price tag. Also many of the puzzles are perhaps a bit too easy and is purely about moving stuff around, which can be a chore unless you enjoy playing with the physics engine. Expand
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    A graphically gorgeous and charming game with some challenging puzzles that are hard enough to get you thinking, but not so difficult that they ever become frustrating. I would have given 10 had the game length not been so short and the ending so abrupt. Other a beautifully polished puzzler!
  5. Jan 9, 2013
    I enjoyed this game quite a bit, but it felt unresolved when it finished. I just played through and I think I experienced 2 of the endings (I replayed a different ending just after finishing the first) and both of them left me a little bit empty. The gameplay was very cool up to this point though. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere and atmospheric music that was very well done. TheI enjoyed this game quite a bit, but it felt unresolved when it finished. I just played through and I think I experienced 2 of the endings (I replayed a different ending just after finishing the first) and both of them left me a little bit empty. The gameplay was very cool up to this point though. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere and atmospheric music that was very well done. The game is a puzzler that succeeded in what it did. I only had to seek a walkthrough once when I got stuck at the part with what to do with the big bucket of fire - and in hindsight if I'd have just stuck to it I might've figured it out anyway. Only once other I think I kindof lucked into a solution on one of the logical puzzles because I sortof think I knew how it was working, but not totally sure. Anyhow, I really liked the physics based nature of most of the puzzles - and the engaging way the game introduced you to the world without much explanation, but it still all seemed to make sense after a while - except for the ending. I just wanted a little closure so I understood what it all was about - the big picture of what I was doing - and I almost downgraded the score to a 6 for that - but this game deserves a 7 anyway. This is a solid game good for a couple days of play. Give it a play - one of the better puzzle type games I've played. Many puzzlers are arbitrary and annoying to me, but this one was not. Very well done in that sense. Expand
  6. Sep 16, 2013
    The gameplay is solid, the puzzles are fun, but not very hard. The only bad thing about this game is that it is extremely short. I finished it in about 2 hours.
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    A puzzle game that keeps it light. Casual and short (about 2 hours of gameplay). Frustration level stays pretty low although I could have used a little more guidance (closing off areas you're done with, indicating what has changed because of your last action). The physics are well executed and the masses 'feel' correct. Graphics are well done, but could have used more color.
  8. Aug 30, 2012
    This game is all about the puzzles, and they are very fun to solve not too easy not too hard. The graphics are awesome, the sounds are good, the gameplay is solid. Buy this game if you like to use your brain.
  9. Aug 9, 2012
    iI am thoroughly enjoying this one right now do as i did and jump into this very personal, unique, and awesome adventure that's crafted with lots of creativity.. Have fun!
  10. Aug 9, 2012
    I live in Sweden and went to Gamex a while back where they had a demo of this game. I remember liking it but I didn't have much time to play, and it was really loud around me and people were watching, so it kind of was difficult to think... I played the game all day and loved it! Playing it was different from other puzzle games I liked, because I was surprised at many puzzles and wasn'tI live in Sweden and went to Gamex a while back where they had a demo of this game. I remember liking it but I didn't have much time to play, and it was really loud around me and people were watching, so it kind of was difficult to think... I played the game all day and loved it! Playing it was different from other puzzle games I liked, because I was surprised at many puzzles and wasn't sure what the next problem would be... The world is also strange and you don't know what's in the next room. Both these things made it hard to put away... Expand
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    A good puzzler. The environment was nice I think thanks to UDK. There are some really good moments in the game and it was good that it is short . It just can't keep you hooked for longer time.
  12. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is beautiful indie games i ever seen in 2D/2.5D. Its not too easy or hard. It have many varied tasks and its not the same over and over again.
  13. Dec 28, 2012
    Very nice little game with cool physics and logic puzzles. Well crafted, addictive and always fun to play. A little short though; we want more! Hopefully, DLCs or Unmechanical 2 will be made.
  14. Feb 23, 2013
    This is a great game and with plenty of personality and storyline if one has the patience to look for it. The little hero is being taken advantage of by a lazy, mean janitor. The great mystery is: how important is the heart to the planet? Will our hero dedicate himself to the heart or escape the place that kidnapped him?
    The complaint is that it is short. That is a plus to me in this game
    The complaint is that it is short. That is a plus to me in this game because I love playing it over and over, and doing the different ending depending on my mood!
  15. May 24, 2013
    If you like puzzle games that are not frustratingly hard and if you are fed up with ugly 8-bit graphics many indie games offer nowadays (it's art and so retro after all) then Unmechanical may be exactly what you're looking for.

You control a little flying robot that has a tractor beam on its bottom. And that's all you need to solve the puzzles. You can't die and if you are stuck there is a help function that will give you a hint, so becoming frustrated is more or less impossible. The puzzle mechanics are nothing completely new, but there is a good variety and they're all fun to solve and most importantly possible to solve even without any hints.

On top of that the graphics are stunningly beautiful with a unique Steampunk art style.

My only real criticism is the game's short length and the abrupt ending. After exactly 3 hours I was done with it, which is simply too short in my opinion. But if you can buy the game while it's on sale I can only recommend it as I enjoyed every minute playing it.

1. Oct 27, 2012
    This physics based puzzle game is gorgeous to look at, with the Unreal Engine providing some spooky visuals that blur the line between the mechanical and organic matter. Unfortunately the experience is over too quickly for you to really enjoy the experience.
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    This is a charming puzzler with a unique setting and varied tasks. But is also rather short and a little too easy.
  3. Oct 22, 2012
    A title with some good aspects, especially like the scenario, the gameplay and the graphic appearance; a poor length and a low level of difficulty, though, don't allow Unmechanical to reach a higher rating.