8.2

1. Aug 11, 2012
    Unmechanical is a fairly enjoyable little physics puzzler.
    It plays very intuitively, with the controls being simplistic yet fully functional. Thanks to the physics engine, your little robot flies with a real sense of weight and, at times, clunkiness that makes you feel just a little bad about bumping him against the environment. Carrying things with his tractor beam drags it down just
    enough to make you feel like you're actually lifting something heavy, which takes a bit of effort and control.

Graphics-wise the game is just stunning. Gorgeous to look at and get lost in, with lots of beautiful detail and atmosphere.

The puzzles are very much enjoyable and brain-teasing, yet I think they should have put more puzzles into the game. The current amount of puzzles just doesn't cut it after you're done with the game, which can be easily achieved in less than 3 hours, and as it is, physics puzzles aren't offering that much replay-value (if you're not into speed-running games like these, anyway).

Considering the limited amount of unique content, I am not sure if the asking price is really appropriate, despite it being a very solid experience from start to finish. Nonetheless, they've achieved what they wanted with the game, it is a solid product I'd very much like to see more of in the future.
  2. Aug 13, 2012
    Set in a hauntingly beautiful steampunk universe with some neat puzzles and physics, I was totally immersed by this game. There is no text, and no voices. Only incredible visuals, simple sound effects and some atmospheric background music. Aside from movement controls you have only one action and there is no death. Simply put, this was a very pleasant and entertaining experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. On the down side the game is a bit short, although they squeeze out a lot from the simple mechanics and is well worth the price tag. Also many of the puzzles are perhaps a bit too easy and is purely about moving stuff around, which can be a chore unless you enjoy playing with the physics engine. Expand
  3. Aug 9, 2012
    I live in Sweden and went to Gamex a while back where they had a demo of this game. I remember liking it but I didn't have much time to play, and it was really loud around me and people were watching, so it kind of was difficult to think... I played the game all day and loved it! Playing it was different from other puzzle games I liked, because I was surprised at many puzzles and wasn't sure what the next problem would be... The world is also strange and you don't know what's in the next room. Both these things made it hard to put away... Expand
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is beautiful indie games i ever seen in 2D/2.5D. Its not too easy or hard. It have many varied tasks and its not the same over and over again.
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    This is a great game and with plenty of personality and storyline if one has the patience to look for it. The little hero is being taken advantage of by a lazy, mean janitor. The great mystery is: how important is the heart to the planet? Will our hero dedicate himself to the heart or escape the place that kidnapped him?
    The complaint is that it is short. That is a plus to me in this game
    because I love playing it over and over, and doing the different ending depending on my mood! Collapse
  6. Feb 23, 2013
    The complaint is that it is short. That is a plus to me in this game

1. Oct 27, 2012
    This physics based puzzle game is gorgeous to look at, with the Unreal Engine providing some spooky visuals that blur the line between the mechanical and organic matter. Unfortunately the experience is over too quickly for you to really enjoy the experience.
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    This is a charming puzzler with a unique setting and varied tasks. But is also rather short and a little too easy.
  3. Oct 22, 2012
    A title with some good aspects, especially like the scenario, the gameplay and the graphic appearance; a poor length and a low level of difficulty, though, don't allow Unmechanical to reach a higher rating.