8.2

Dec 25, 2002
    I actually think its a 9.9 but 10 is close to it. Why i think that? The weapons are awesome The graphics are cool The maps are great The sounds are okay The gameplay is SUPERCOOL The system requirments are O.K The bots are ok too But the menu is only worth a 8 bye.
  2. KarlD.
    Oct 1, 2002
    What are you waiting for? GO BUY THIS GAME! This is the only shooter you'll ever need, single player fun, multiplayer fun, GREAT graphics and superb gameplay all the way! Simply awesome!
  3. IB
    Oct 1, 2002
    Gorgeous, sexy and vapid. More new tech than you can shake a stick at, and so few interesting design elements that it'll start turning up on used software shelves in a few weeks. Can't fault Epic for stunning execution; they set out to make the hottest FPS available, and they did just that. Just.
  4. SilentA.
    Sep 30, 2002
    This is the most fun I've ever had playing a FPS! But damn do you ever need a good system to run it at full details, good thing i have one because this game is too gorgeous to play at low details!!!
  5. MattR.
    Oct 4, 2002
    Great game, yet the other posters are right--it doesn't innovate at all. The graphics are great, the gameplay is balanced, but overall there are fewer modes and the levels are mediocre (with some exceptions, of course)
  6. InterruptingCow
    Jan 7, 2003
    UT2003 is, quite simply, pure, simple, unadulterated fun. Online play is a blast, with generally okay ping (even on a 56K modem I had a ping of around 300) and some of the best freaking level designs ever in a video game along with some creative modes (Bombing Run in the Skyline ROCKS!) Graphics are good, sound is amazing (especially the booms), and gameplay is classic arcadey goodness. I UT2003 is, quite simply, pure, simple, unadulterated fun. Online play is a blast, with generally okay ping (even on a 56K modem I had a ping of around 300) and some of the best freaking level designs ever in a video game along with some creative modes (Bombing Run in the Skyline ROCKS!) Graphics are good, sound is amazing (especially the booms), and gameplay is classic arcadey goodness. I only have problems with the communication options. While you can type messages and even send prerecorded voice acted taunts (a cool feature), after playing Counter-Strike with real-time voice chat, I wish this was standard in UT2003. Maybe there will be a mod or patch in the future. BTW, the game ran fine on my 1.6 ghz Athlon machine with a 56K modem. Expand
  7. Oct 24, 2011
    Lack of some good game modes and in the need of more better maps is something I would want until UT2004 became the answer to this. Overall, a good game with some missing features.
  8. Feb 19, 2012
    One of the greatest games when it was released. Extremely detailed maps, slick graphics, interesting weapons, and a whole lot of fun. Nice pace for a FPS.

1. While UT 2003 doesn’t revolutionize its genre, it contains beautifully presented high-speed action that first-person shooter fans crave.
  2. Game Informer
    If you're a devotee to "Quake," "UT," FPSs, or online games in general, this is certainly a ride you won't want to miss. [Dec 2002, p.147]
  3. Once you get past the initial phase of disappointment UT2003 delivers everything you’d want from a FPS. The action is intense, the presentation flawless and more importantly it just feels great, definitely packing that ‘oh yeah’ factor in spades.