Unreal Tournament 2004 PC

8.9

1. RuinerR.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online play is second to none. Incredible graphics, awesome music, coolest vehicles, and so much more, UT2004 is the definitive Online experience. Expand
  2. JonL.
    Mar 30, 2004
    Great game, moves fast without a glitch.
  3. BobW.
    Apr 24, 2004
    Only got a nine because my computer cant handle it, plays so very slow. Otherwise an extremely awesome game.
  4. AnonymousMC
    Jul 6, 2004
    this game is awesome as hell!!!!!!there are so many game modes and mods and weapons and vehicles. Jack G(ay) sucks....this game is way better than quake... its got vehicles and more game modes. and Mathheu B is a dumbass for giving it a 1. who the hell names their kid Mattheu. they should spell the damn name right.
  5. DoomHouse
    Aug 4, 2004
    Way sweet futuristic pownage game go and blow someone's head off with a laser.
  6. MattN.
    Mar 6, 2006
    An abosolutely fantastic game in every way - graphics, sound, gameplay all brilliant. If I had to pick a fault I would have to say I didn't love the assault challenges so much but that's really more of a preference than anything. For non-stop, frantic FPS fun this can't be beat (and this is just a review of the singleplayer part of the game!!).
  7. JasonI.
    May 16, 2006
    Best Multiplayer First Person Shooter ever made...more skins, mods, frags, and action than in anyother. UT2007 is #1 on my want list for this year!
  8. ScottD.
    Jun 15, 2006
    I don't play many computer games, and now I won't need many more (at least any FPS) cos this game is a blast. It's actually many games in one, the Onslaught mode alone deserves a 10 rating! Haven't even tried multiplayer as the AI is 98% superb.
  9. AnthonyT.
    Feb 11, 2007
    This game is ownage. It does deserve a 11. The Single Player is already good then I after I beat the Game I started to play Muti and I'm like get outta here. Unreal Tournament 2007 is on my shopping list.
  10. PoS.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Graphicallynot much of an upgrade but onslaught mode amazing. Weapons better balanced but to my mind the best bit, it runs fine on my athlon 2.4 radeon 9000 machine. I am looking forward to doom and halflife2 but i suspect it will cost me megabucks to upgrade to play them nicely. UT2004 doesnt need that and that is a BIG plus.
  11. JoeS.
    Mar 21, 2004
    Amazing, absolutly stunning. It's not much of a graphical upgrade from UT2k3 but gameplay is 200 times better. And its not full of the bugs that BF: Vietnam is.
  12. Batman
    Mar 23, 2004
    GREAT GAME!! Come on damn critics more 100's and less 90's. GOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME!
  13. Micw
    Mar 27, 2004
    Brilliant!
  14. WillyE.
    Mar 29, 2004
    I give it a TEN, a TEN, a Fu$#!@# TEN! Graphics awesome and gameplay sweet!
  15. AlphaOmega
    Apr 12, 2004
    There are so many good things to say about this game, but the in-game announcer (" Wicked Sick! ") and some more formidable players (" Faster - Stronger - Better ") sum it up nicely. Play it, play it now.
  16. EvilE.
    Apr 19, 2004
    C ya on Onslaught!! - if you bought UT2003 then sorry you gotta buy this too this game is the best online FPS to date. So much variety you don't need another game!!!
  17. BoS.
    Apr 2, 2004
    This game is so cool that even the guy who gave it a zero loves it!
  18. JhonnyM.
    Apr 20, 2004
    BEST SHOOTER EVER!!!!
  19. RichK.
    Apr 30, 2004
    It's amazing. That's it.
  20. BrandonT.
    Apr 30, 2004
    I have never played a better 1st person shooter game in my life, this game never gets boring no matter how much u play it.. so i give it a ten out of ten.
  21. HomerSimpson
    Apr 5, 2004
    Unbeleivable, well worth $40 even if it takes forever to install :)
  22. TailDevil
    Apr 7, 2004
    The best game there is. I've played almost every game there is but nothing comes close to unreal 2004.
  23. TedO.
    Apr 9, 2004
    Absolutely awesome. Assault is so great to play, onslaught is a lot of fun too.
  24. AndyL.
    May 4, 2004
    Absolutely amazing, while the graphics were not a huge improvement over 2003(and that wouldve been hard) the gameplay, both sigle and multi-player wise was hugely improved. A decent single player career mode with improved AI and a brilliant multiplayer game that easily ranks above cs as best online action shooter. This game will have you hooked the moment you comp finishes loading....
  25. ChrisM.
    Aug 1, 2004
    This is just one hell of a FPS. It's a fast paced, frantic frag fest that shouldn't be missed.
  26. MartijnvandeVen
    Sep 5, 2004
    This game is great. A lot of different game types. And the online mode is just fantastic. You can play this game for like 3 years.
  27. GarrettM.
    Jan 30, 2005
    The graphics, weapons and sound are what got me to play this game all night. I think instead of a 10 it deserves a 100! It definitely made other shooters look bad.
  28. R.J.
    Apr 9, 2005
    Between the fun single-player, the amazing new gameplay modes, and the nearly infinite number of mods, this is probably the best FPS ever created.
  29. KlausW.
    Jul 22, 2006
    This game is the game wich started the whole arena FPS thing. Sure call it a Doom clone but it's still cooler thand doom and the wide varaity of guns game types and maps and the price this games a woper. There are sooo many addons on the internet and additional downloadable maps fun for the whole family (the family of FPS veterens that is...).
  30. DanielR.
    Apr 2, 2007
    Absolutely fantastic. The awesome vehicles in this game put Halo's tonka toys to SHAME. The first time you hover across an Onslaught map and suck an opposing infantry head into your Manta's fans, you'll be hooked.

It's a brilliant collage of smooth, polished gameplay, solid netcode, unadulterated diversity, and a frenetic pacing few games can rival.
  2. It may just be the best arcade style online shooter ever made, and it’ll likely only be unseated by next year’s incarnation.
  3. I wouldn’t hesitate to say that it’s the best pure online FPS ever made.