Unreal Tournament 2004 PC

• Release Date: Mar 16, 2004
8.9

1. IanS.
    Jun 22, 2009
    This game is probably one of the best fps games I HAVE EVER PLAYED it has amazing graphics for a game made in 2004,it meets most players' need for fast past run-n-gun action,it has TONS of maps and game modes, and is really customizable! two thumbs up and a 10/10 for epic games who's name speaks for how good their games are.......EPIC!
  2. MattN.
    Mar 6, 2006
    An abosolutely fantastic game in every way - graphics, sound, gameplay all brilliant. If I had to pick a fault I would have to say I didn't love the assault challenges so much but that's really more of a preference than anything. For non-stop, frantic FPS fun this can't be beat (and this is just a review of the singleplayer part of the game!!).
  3. JohnH.
    Apr 23, 2004
    A HUGE Improvement from UTK3. Multiplayer is immense, the addition of tanks, planes, space-fighters and other vehicles(especially in Assault mode) is simply awesome. It's UTK3 with kick-ass-new graphics, new weapons and C&C Renegade thrown in too.
  4. Sep 12, 2010
    What makes this fun is how easily you can mod it. It is a showcase game for the Unreal engine, and as such, you can create your own skins and import them, change settings around to make things interesting (instagib, the one shot KO modified laser rifle mode.) Mind you the game has no plot at all and is repetitive, but its fun, and does what it is supposed to do.
  5. Jul 25, 2011
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    awesome game, its old, but it surprisingly aged quite well. just the sheer mayhem of the fights is really fun, and it really does what its meant to do quite well, give you a satisfying multiplayer experience. given that it doesnt actually take itself all too seriously, it really allows them to give a truly fun and somewhat silly experience for anyone looking to have some mindless fun withawesome game, its old, but it surprisingly aged quite well. just the sheer mayhem of the fights is really fun, and it really does what its meant to do quite well, give you a satisfying multiplayer experience. given that it doesnt actually take itself all too seriously, it really allows them to give a truly fun and somewhat silly experience for anyone looking to have some mindless fun with an FPS game. Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    This game is the best video game I have ever played by far. It is definitely the perfect multiplayer shooter in just about every way. In case you are wondering why I think this game is so awesome, let's start with the gameplay. This game is not the usual class-based FPS like Team Fortress 2 or Battlefield. It is actually similar to earlier games such as John Romero's Doom or Quake inThis game is the best video game I have ever played by far. It is definitely the perfect multiplayer shooter in just about every way. In case you are wondering why I think this game is so awesome, let's start with the gameplay. This game is not the usual class-based FPS like Team Fortress 2 or Battlefield. It is actually similar to earlier games such as John Romero's Doom or Quake in which there are no classes, and everyone can have the same weapons. This is a very good system, as it means that no units can overpower another, and no one has any real advantage or disadvantage. This is a very good system, and I only wish more shooters followed that trend nowadays. The rest of the gameplay is separated into different modes. There is Deathmatch, which pits everyone against each other in a free-for-all, where people have to score the most points in order to win. There is also Team Deathmatch, which is similar to normal Deathmatch, but now pits two teams against each other, rather than a free-for-all. There is also Capture the Flag, which has the straight-forward goal of capturing the enemy team's flag while defending your own. Then there is assault, which is a unique mode that pits two teams against each other with one on offense, and the other on defense. The offense needs to complete its objectives before time runs out, while defense needs to prevent them from doing so. The teams then switch, and the new offensive team has to beat the opposing team's time. There is also onslaught which takes people out of the large corridors of normal Unreal Tournament games, and takes them into full-scale battles in which you need to destroy the enemy team's power core to win. Then there is mutant mode, where once a player scores a kill, he becomes a mutant, and thus the target of the other players. The mutant is an overpowered unit, and is hard to kill. There is also invasion, which involves three players fighting for survival against wave after wave of enemies. Finally, there is last man standing, which is like Deathmatch, but each player now has limited lives, and once they lose those lives, they're out. These are all very creative modes, and they ensure that you will not get tired of the game very easily. This game also has great graphics. Admittedly they were much better back when this game was released in 2004, (they are dated by today's standards), however, I still say they're great nonetheless. As for the story, it's very simplistic. You make a character, and have him complete in every event in the Unreal Tournament. Even though the story is simplistic however, it is still very good. After all, this game doesn't need a massive storyline to be awesome. The story of this game is definitely good enough to get the job done, and that's all that really matters. Overall, I'd say that this game is excellent. There is really nothing wrong with this game in the slightest. It has amazing gameplay with silky smooth controls, great graphics, and a great story. If you do not have this game, for goodness sake, you need to buy it now! It is cheap on Steam, or you can get this game, along with the Unreal Deal Pack (includes this plus all of the Unreal games in one package) for the price of a newly released game. Heck, buy the whole package if you really want to. All of the games on there are excellent. Expand
  8. Sep 5, 2012
    If you fancy a fast paced multi-player FPS, this this your game. Not much to say, this game was a blast online and some of the battles are down-right intense! I switched between this and Counter-Strike 1.6 back in the day, both were equally fun and rewarding in their own sense. Like I said, this game is not for everybody, but if you can handle the action you'll have yourself a good time.
  9. JackC
    Sep 14, 2009
    This Game is probably over 6 (in words: SIX!!!!) Years old and it is still played (also sometimes by me) Respect to Epic Games Inc.! This IS one of the best FPS on that world!
  10. LindenC
    Nov 12, 2009
    This game is probably the best Unreal Tournament I have ever played. I remember playing this almost 24/7. This game is a great game and no doubt about it. 10/10
  11. Jul 30, 2012
    Together with Quake, this series is one of the best FPS series of all time.. mastering this game online is a real Challenge. Much different to today's game's like BF3 or MW3.
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    This is still the best multiplayer FPS in mine opinion. The movement is fast and gun play is just best from all UT games. Another awesome thing about this game is the large number of maps and very solid number of mods.
  13. RuinerR.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online play is second to none. Incredible graphics, awesome music, coolest vehicles, and so much more, UT2004 is the definitive Online experience. Expand
  14. JonL.
    Mar 30, 2004
    Great game, moves fast without a glitch.
  15. BobW.
    Apr 24, 2004
    Only got a nine because my computer cant handle it, plays so very slow. Otherwise an extremely awesome game.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Jul 6, 2004
    this game is awesome as hell!!!!!!there are so many game modes and mods and weapons and vehicles. Jack G(ay) sucks....this game is way better than quake... its got vehicles and more game modes. and Mathheu B is a dumbass for giving it a 1. who the hell names their kid Mattheu. they should spell the damn name right.
  17. DoomHouse
    Aug 4, 2004
    Way sweet futuristic pownage game go and blow someone's head off with a laser.
  18. JasonI.
    May 16, 2006
    Best Multiplayer First Person Shooter ever made...more skins, mods, frags, and action than in anyother. UT2007 is #1 on my want list for this year!
  19. ScottD.
    Jun 15, 2006
    I don't play many computer games, and now I won't need many more (at least any FPS) cos this game is a blast. It's actually many games in one, the Onslaught mode alone deserves a 10 rating! Haven't even tried multiplayer as the AI is 98% superb.
  20. AnthonyT.
    Feb 11, 2007
    This game is ownage. It does deserve a 11. The Single Player is already good then I after I beat the Game I started to play Muti and I'm like get outta here. Unreal Tournament 2007 is on my shopping list.
  21. PoS.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Graphicallynot much of an upgrade but onslaught mode amazing. Weapons better balanced but to my mind the best bit, it runs fine on my athlon 2.4 radeon 9000 machine. I am looking forward to doom and halflife2 but i suspect it will cost me megabucks to upgrade to play them nicely. UT2004 doesnt need that and that is a BIG plus.
  22. JoeS.
    Mar 21, 2004
    Amazing, absolutly stunning. It's not much of a graphical upgrade from UT2k3 but gameplay is 200 times better. And its not full of the bugs that BF: Vietnam is.
  23. Batman
    Mar 23, 2004
    GREAT GAME!! Come on damn critics more 100's and less 90's. GOD THIS GAME IS AWESOME!
  24. Micw
    Mar 27, 2004
    Brilliant!
  25. WillyE.
    Mar 29, 2004
    I give it a TEN, a TEN, a Fu$#!@# TEN! Graphics awesome and gameplay sweet!
  26. AlphaOmega
    Apr 12, 2004
    There are so many good things to say about this game, but the in-game announcer (" Wicked Sick! ") and some more formidable players (" Faster - Stronger - Better ") sum it up nicely. Play it, play it now.
  27. EvilE.
    Apr 19, 2004
    C ya on Onslaught!! - if you bought UT2003 then sorry you gotta buy this too this game is the best online FPS to date. So much variety you don't need another game!!!
  28. BoS.
    Apr 2, 2004
    This game is so cool that even the guy who gave it a zero loves it!
  29. JhonnyM.
    Apr 20, 2004
    BEST SHOOTER EVER!!!!
  30. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best unreal they have made to date, UT3 is so graphical intense that it needs a $300 graphics card and maybe a $200 CPU and a very high priced board. Now UT2004 can be played on all typed of machines high and low all WBGS members play this game well and enjoy the fast paced action.At times people can be so skilled you think they are hacking, that's where Wrex comes in thanks toThis is the best unreal they have made to date, UT3 is so graphical intense that it needs a $300 graphics card and maybe a $200 CPU and a very high priced board. Now UT2004 can be played on all typed of machines high and low all WBGS members play this game well and enjoy the fast paced action.At times people can be so skilled you think they are hacking, that's where Wrex comes in thanks to Wrex they really made it so we can eliminate hackers since there really is no anti cheat system.Playing this with friends is awesome also thanks to Mr.Pants and Extreme OverKill mod this is one of the best games. Remember play in servers you know and trust not random server you don't, Also just because they are populated and have a big name don't mean anything take precaution. Collapse

It's a brilliant collage of smooth, polished gameplay, solid netcode, unadulterated diversity, and a frenetic pacing few games can rival.
  2. It may just be the best arcade style online shooter ever made, and it’ll likely only be unseated by next year’s incarnation.
  3. I wouldn’t hesitate to say that it’s the best pure online FPS ever made.