8.0

1. Dec 17, 2012
    A major letdown after the previous "Tournament" games because of removed multiplayer modes and a "storyline"-based single player campaign. Feels like a consolified, dumbed down tech demo for the Unreal 3 engine. Not worth playing when UT2k3 & 2k4 are both superior, cheaper, and still have players.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    This game installed an AMD K8 driver in my PC, the driver downclocked my CPU's multiplier from 9x to 5x, so my PC's CPU ended up with a real CPU clock of only 950Mhz (it's an AMD Sempron). I needed to use System Restore to remove the damn drivers to fix the CPU problem! I ain't going to install this game in the AMD PC ever again. But I could get this game to work all fine in my other PC with an Intel CPU. No leaning left/right, can crouch but no prone. Nothing much new from UT2004 may be? Except the graphics and models looked more nicer. The bots are running very very fast and I hates it when they're doing it real close up like a fast forward video at play! So without a fast rig you ain't going to enjoy this game. I don't like the old familiar weapons, so much alike to the Halo game's projectiles, well most of them are based from UT2004! No remote bombs or mines like the ones from the other game F.E.A.R. or flashbangs and smoke grenades from Rainbow Six Vegas 2. When they name the difficulty levels, they better name them as difficulty level 1 to 9, please do not utter words such as ExperienceD. Expand
  3. Jun 12, 2011
    Lack of mini zoom view at all the times. Need at least a 17 inch monitor or even bigger, as the bots are too small to shoot at from a far fart away distance, but they has no problems shooting at me from that distance without using a sniper scope? Hate to drive those vehicles, so bored of them, look and feel so toy like, yes it's rated R16+ too perfect for that! Hot fast action shooter, I love it! But there's nothing more to it, I might go back playing UT2004 instead of getting used to the newer gun models & much more faster running speeds (much harder to kill bots). Buy this game if you want more new maps to play on. Some maps now has the brighter (bloom) and darker shaded spots here and there all in a small area, or almost everywhere with those super bump mappings and post filterings of sun-glowing foggings (I feel sea sick already), I could barely taget the super fast running bots with all those effects on. Some game settings does not stick after quiting the game to Windows' desktop, needed to set and change them on every start of the game (is this a free demo game?). It also nags me to login online on on every start of the game, can't they just give the option of loading the game into the offline game menu each time? This game told me that my AMD Sempron 3100+ does not met the minimum CPU requirement, why can't they just shut up and ask me if it's been overclocked from 1.8Ghz to 2.16Ghz? And it's performance is at least as good as a 2.8Ghz Pentium IV on all the games released from year 2005 to 2009 even if the CPU isn't overclocked. How many games installs a CPU driver for you without asking you first? Or not asking you if you're happy with your CPU clock or not after getting the new driver installed? Expand
  4. Sep 7, 2011
    In comparison with it's predecessor, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament III is extremely disappointing. Yes, it's visually stunning, but removing most of the greatest game-play features from 2004 was like putting a bolt in a calf's brain. Where is Assault, Bombing Run, and Double Domination? Those were staples of the last iteration. Playing this game makes me sad.
  5. May 20, 2012
    I love-loved Unreal-Unreal 2-Unreal Tournament-Unreal Tournament 2004 and I hated this "Unreal Tournament III" I must say that I am a fan of unreal engine, engine is so beautiful and can work on low spec pcs and compatibility with windows xp and windows 7 is godlike, what I did not like in "Unreal Tournament III" is I could not see anything and I am not talking about engine I am talking about design, colors, blurs, like all put in a blender I could not bear my self and torture my eyes with this game I played it for 1 hour and deleted it Fun - 0/10
    Gameplay - 0/10
    Music - 7/10
    Replayability - 0/10
    Graphics for its time - 10/10
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    Good game for FPS players. Bad game for Unreal Tournament fans. This isn't a "real" UT, it is definetly a Gears of War FPS. Same concept, world design with Geow.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    A train wreck of a game and basically dead on release.

Based on the incredibly good UT99 and 2004 games, I, like others, bought this on "day one". Within a couple hours of playing realized I'd been had in the worst way: a console controller had been jammed firmly up my crack.

It exemplified the "lazy console port" trend which was popular at the time (and is thankfully finally
    starting to recede). Capped framerates, dumb-downed menus, wildly inconsistent performance, missing multiplayer modes, and one of the worst multiplayer connect menus ever. I remember a week into this game's launch there were one or two players per server basically server admins playing bots hoping someone would join.

In the face of the avalanche of performance issues, EPIC's response was basically to blame PC gaming. What an incredibly stupid move.

Eventually these issues were addressed and by the Titan patch it was finally worth playing. Still, without a critical mass of players there was no online community. No players no game.

The colossal failure of Unreal Tournament 3 should be required reading for game developers and distributors.

1. The game's A-ticket attractions are the massive, ornate battlegrounds where opponents compete in objective-based clashes. Gorgeous alien landscapes play host to massive turf battles between factions vying for power nodes. These mêlées come stocked with a mind-boggling variety of weapons and vehicles, greatly reducing the rinse, lather, repeat burnout that comes in online shooters with less to do and smaller places to do it.
  2. Drop into servers, start killing people, it's so natural to habitual gamers these days that it's hard to quantify how familiar and welcome these experiences are. With the sheer range of death-mongering that UT3 provides, it's hard not to get into the spirit of things. So yeah, Unreal Tournament pretty much remains The Daddy: consistent, meaty, and just weird enough to survive.
  3. The game excels at everything from simple deathmatching to complex objective-driven campaigns. [Dec 2007, p.154]