8.0

1. Dec 28, 2010
    Okay, first off, i do not think that you should compare this game to UT2004. I have played UT 2004 for a long while, but i feel like Unreal Tournament 3 is different. Yes, They did remove gamemodes and weapons, however, it started to specialize in it's gamemodes. Just look at the wide arrange of warfare maps. They all work and play differently, surprising you every time when you first play it in campaign mode. The game got I hoverboard now; I didn't like it the first time I heard about it, but now I actually play the game, I really liked it. Compared to UT2004, i guess i can say that there isn't walking huge distances without vehicles anymore, which keeps the game very swift and quick. I was amazed how different the maps are from each other even though they are in the same game mode. Every map needs a total new strategy. This makes it a very original and good game. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2012
    Its the best game I've ever played in my lifetime. 1000s of hours gameplay, and it never get boring. Its incredible much better than UT2004, UT2003 and UT99. Very nice graphic, hundrets of hidden tricks and specials, idiotic dodge-jump removed, warfare game mode introduced with orb. Seriously: Its the best game you can get for your bucks.
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    This game deserves more than some points, epic lads they raised the game to the highest level and I thank them for it .... enjoying this game together with friends .... nice game
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    I played UT99/2004 to death, then took a few years break from the series. I've started playing UT3 only recently, some 4 years after the game was released and I'd be lying if I say I don't have a blast with it. This is just the UT I've wanted, UT2004 gameplay/vehicle in UT99 speed (UT2004 is slightly faster paced than UT99); with all upgraded graphic glory and such. Granted that it looks quite dated in 2011, but still a huge improvement compared to UT2004. It runs fantastically on modern hardware (I'm using HD5770 + Phenom II x4 3.4ghz - a mid-range machine at best today), maxed out at 60fps all the time, with all settings cranked to highest. Shame that it doesn't support AA thou.

Gone is the vibrant, colorful graphics of UT99/2004. UT3 is dark and gory, it looks a bit too similar to Gears of War, but frankly I don't have problem with that. It'd be a lot more boring if it looks too UT2004. My only complain with the game is its bot AI. For some reasons, the AI is noticeably worse than UT99/2004. They get stuck frequently; they are silly, sometimes downright clueless in vehicular combat. Vehicular bot AI in UT2004 isn't stellar, but UT3's is worse.
  5. Nov 8, 2012
    The best multiplayer shooter I've ever played. Its the culminatation of the Unreal series. I could write a lot of words here, but let me just say one thing: You will love it! And dont forget: There is a free Addon "black edition" with the Titan-pack and new maps and 2 new game modes, all for free. This makes the game really special.
  6. Feb 25, 2013
    For me, this is my 10/10 for gaming, I originally bought this for Xbox360 and played it religiously for months, the Vehicles are so unique and so interesting to play with as well as all the characters and the weapons, the campaign is a little ropey and repetitive but in honesty this game was designed primarily for its multiplayer, and nothing else, and i love it, i would recommend this shooter to anyone and cannot honestly give this game a bad word Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2011
    Fun as hell. Extremely fast paced and becomes increasingly difficult. Have yet to try out the campaign, but simple bot matches give a consistent pulse of unpredictability and momentum.
  8. Jul 20, 2013
    What a great game !
    Actually and good grafk !
    Awesome Multiplayer.
    this Game is an must have on every LAN Party

The only bad point are the patches. Its a littlebit confusing.

BUT !

You Can activate UnrealTournamen 3 via Steam And you get the Black Edition No patching needed
  9. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

10. Jun 20, 2014
    Unreal Tournament III. Before I begin my review of this game, I'd just like to say that I will be critiquing this game based on its presentation rather than its story. This is because the story missions are basically the same as the multiplayer missions, and the story is also terrible, so if you're getting this game for the story, don't bother. Because Unreal Tournament 4 is in development, and I've played every game in the series, I decided to review the latest one for you based on multiplayer only, because as I said, the story missions are literally the exact same levels you could already find in multiplayer. The story is just there to add immersion, and don't worry, you can still play this game with bots. So anyway, is the multiplayer of this game the thrilling and fun experience you would expect from this series, or should you keep playing UT2004 instead? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun! After all, it is a multiplayer shooter with several game modes. It has all three of the game modes that you have come to expect from shooters. It has deathmatch (just keep killing everyone, and in the end, the person with the highest score wins), team deathmatch (the same thing, but with teams fighting for points instead of a free-for-all), and capture the flag (capture the enemy flag while defending your own). While these modes have appeared in several other shooters before, including the previous games in the series, that doesn't stop them from still being insanely fun to play. Plus, it has no kill streak rewards like Call of Duty, it is just classic versions of all of these modes, and I'm happy with that. This game also has original modes. There is warfare, in which two teams must compete for control points. Once a team has enough points, they can attack the enemy prime node. The team that manages to destroy the other team's node first wins. There is also betrayal, which is basically deathmatch but with a twist: you have rifles that can kill anything in just one hit. You also have to temporarily work with a partner that you can betray at any time in order to get bonus points. The player with the most points in the end wins. Finally, there is greed, which is basically a mode where you have to get kills, and collect the skulls the kills drop for capture at the enemy base for points. Just the first three modes alone would probably have been enough to make this game fun, but with these other modes, the game becomes even better. The game is also very fast-paced, making it even more fun to play. It plays a lot like any other old shooter game from the 90s like Doom or Quake, but considering that there aren't many of those shooters out there these days, that's actually a very good thing. Overall, the gameplay of this game is about is fun as a video game can get. As for the graphics, while they aren't the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game, I will still say that they are fantastic. This game manages to use the Unreal Engine to its full potential in the graphics department. The game's environments all look very beautiful, and the character models also look stunning. As a matter of fact, I once thought that I would never play an Unreal Engine game that looked better than this, but then I played Mass Effect 2, which also managed to astound me in every possible way it could with how amazing the game was. There are also games on the CryEngine that look better, but I will admit, Unreal's graphics are pushed to the limit with this game. Overall, the graphics are also quite good in this game. As for the presentation, it is also great, but not quite as good as the gameplay and graphics. There are a few problems with the settings, such as making it impossible to get rid of certain bot types once you add them, but otherwise it is still great. The menus work properly, and the game even allows you to create your own character, that you cannot see until after a match ends, or your friends see it. Still though, it is nice that they have this feature. Overall, this presentation is great, but not as amazing as it could be. Overall, all I can say is this: don't buy this game if you are looking for a good story! Buy it for everything but the story! The story of this game is crap, but everything else is amazing! I can easily recommend this game to anyone who wants to play a good multiplayer shooter, wants a throwback to the 90s with a modern twist, or just wants to play an insanely fun game. Just not for people who love stories in games.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  11. Mar 5, 2014
    Unreal Tournament III is the best part of series. A plot was never strong part of the game, but it isn't the most important thing. Thanks to the induction new graphic engine named Unreal Engine 3, the game looks unbelievably. Sounds and sounds effects are similar to prequel, but they have become legendary. Now, they are borrowing in other games. Weapons have larger damages, so thanks to this, in both singleplayer and multiplayer are furiously fast gameplay. Artificial Intelligence is excellent. I extremely recommend this epic game!! Expand

1. The game's A-ticket attractions are the massive, ornate battlegrounds where opponents compete in objective-based clashes. Gorgeous alien landscapes play host to massive turf battles between factions vying for power nodes. These mêlées come stocked with a mind-boggling variety of weapons and vehicles, greatly reducing the rinse, lather, repeat burnout that comes in online shooters with less to do and smaller places to do it.
  2. Drop into servers, start killing people, it's so natural to habitual gamers these days that it's hard to quantify how familiar and welcome these experiences are. With the sheer range of death-mongering that UT3 provides, it's hard not to get into the spirit of things. So yeah, Unreal Tournament pretty much remains The Daddy: consistent, meaty, and just weird enough to survive.
  3. The game excels at everything from simple deathmatching to complex objective-driven campaigns. [Dec 2007, p.154]