Unreal Tournament III PC

8.0

1. Apr 13, 2017
    On retrouve le moteur de Gears of War ainsi que l'ambiance fort plaisante, et c'est encore très beau même de nos jours ! l'adaptation VF est particulièrement soignée, mention spéciale aux annonces et aux vannes automatiques, hilarantes.

La campagne malgré l'IA des bots convaincante est rapidement chiante, car elle oblige à passer par des modes de jeu pénibles et sans intérêt, comme cette connerie de course au drapeau... Si le multi est bien nerveux, les armes sont molles du genou et sans relief, elles constituent depuis longtemps le gros point faible des Unreal Tournament en général. Bref, c'est plutôt sympa à jouer de temps en temps mais nettement inférieur à ce bon vieux Quake 3.
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    You get a complete package- there's no doubt about that. Whether you want a large battlefield or small arenas, this game can offer you that. There's lots of weapons, a few vehicles and fast-paced arena gameplay, with a platoon of game settings you can tweak, including the speed. There's many difficulties for the bots, and settings you can adjust for them. But really, once you get past allYou get a complete package- there's no doubt about that. Whether you want a large battlefield or small arenas, this game can offer you that. There's lots of weapons, a few vehicles and fast-paced arena gameplay, with a platoon of game settings you can tweak, including the speed. There's many difficulties for the bots, and settings you can adjust for them. But really, once you get past all of this there's nothing that exciting about it. The campaign doesn't feel like one because of the arena-based gameplay. The gameplay is the most simple you can possibly get. No reloading, no recoil. Just move and shoot. The maps on it aren't greatly varied either. There's better shooters out there than this. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A major letdown after the previous "Tournament" games because of removed multiplayer modes and a "storyline"-based single player campaign. Feels like a consolified, dumbed down tech demo for the Unreal 3 engine. Not worth playing when UT2k3 & 2k4 are both superior, cheaper, and still have players.
  4. Aug 19, 2011
    I'm disappointed the co-op mode is glitched. It doesn't work out of the box and I've only had mixed success trying the countless available "fixes". I'm able to overlook it because multiplayer is fun and thankfully always works--it's got that classic old school shooter appeal without the lame leveling you see in newer games today that give players an unfair advantage because they haveI'm disappointed the co-op mode is glitched. It doesn't work out of the box and I've only had mixed success trying the countless available "fixes". I'm able to overlook it because multiplayer is fun and thankfully always works--it's got that classic old school shooter appeal without the lame leveling you see in newer games today that give players an unfair advantage because they have played more hours and are given better perks than you. It still has a decent community of players making it easy finding a game. Expand
  5. Mar 16, 2014
    Well this game is way worse than UT 2004 in many ways, but it is still good fun with excellent weapons, vehicles and funny mods. I am not a big fan of single payer campaign, they shoud add same single player like in UT 2004 with more detailed team management. Still a very good game with great gun play and awesome maps.
  6. Apr 1, 2017
    8.6 - Although not so much fast-paced like its predecessors were, still a really good game and had really good graphics for the time. The vehicle and weapon alterations were pretty good as well, and maps were well-designed.
  7. Oct 3, 2010
    The new additions since ut 2004 are good like necris vehicles but now the gameplay is much more boring and i feel that ut 2004 was better.The graphics and weapons are better but the gameplay fun just died.
  8. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (1/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

9. Jun 28, 2013
    A train wreck of a game and basically dead on release.

Based on the incredibly good UT99 and 2004 games, I, like others, bought this on "day one". Within a couple hours of playing realized I'd been had in the worst way: a console controller had been jammed firmly up my crack. It exemplified the "lazy console port" trend which was popular at the time (and is thankfully finally
    A train wreck of a game and basically dead on release.

It exemplified the "lazy console port" trend which was popular at the time (and is thankfully finally starting to recede). Capped framerates, dumb-downed menus, wildly inconsistent performance, missing multiplayer modes, and one of the worst multiplayer connect menus ever. I remember a week into this game's launch there were one or two players per server basically server admins playing bots hoping someone would join.

In the face of the avalanche of performance issues, EPIC's response was basically to blame PC gaming. What an incredibly stupid move.

Eventually these issues were addressed and by the Titan patch it was finally worth playing. Still, without a critical mass of players there was no online community. No players no game.

The colossal failure of Unreal Tournament 3 should be required reading for game developers and distributors.
  10. Jun 20, 2014
    Unreal Tournament III. Before I begin my review of this game, I'd just like to say that I will be critiquing this game based on its presentation rather than its story. This is because the story missions are basically the same as the multiplayer missions, and the story is also terrible, so if you're getting this game for the story, don't bother. Because Unreal Tournament 4 is inUnreal Tournament III. Before I begin my review of this game, I'd just like to say that I will be critiquing this game based on its presentation rather than its story. This is because the story missions are basically the same as the multiplayer missions, and the story is also terrible, so if you're getting this game for the story, don't bother. Because Unreal Tournament 4 is in development, and I've played every game in the series, I decided to review the latest one for you based on multiplayer only, because as I said, the story missions are literally the exact same levels you could already find in multiplayer. The story is just there to add immersion, and don't worry, you can still play this game with bots. So anyway, is the multiplayer of this game the thrilling and fun experience you would expect from this series, or should you keep playing UT2004 instead? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun! After all, it is a multiplayer shooter with several game modes. It has all three of the game modes that you have come to expect from shooters. It has deathmatch (just keep killing everyone, and in the end, the person with the highest score wins), team deathmatch (the same thing, but with teams fighting for points instead of a free-for-all), and capture the flag (capture the enemy flag while defending your own). While these modes have appeared in several other shooters before, including the previous games in the series, that doesn't stop them from still being insanely fun to play. Plus, it has no kill streak rewards like Call of Duty, it is just classic versions of all of these modes, and I'm happy with that. This game also has original modes. There is warfare, in which two teams must compete for control points. Once a team has enough points, they can attack the enemy prime node. The team that manages to destroy the other team's node first wins. There is also betrayal, which is basically deathmatch but with a twist: you have rifles that can kill anything in just one hit. You also have to temporarily work with a partner that you can betray at any time in order to get bonus points. The player with the most points in the end wins. Finally, there is greed, which is basically a mode where you have to get kills, and collect the skulls the kills drop for capture at the enemy base for points. Just the first three modes alone would probably have been enough to make this game fun, but with these other modes, the game becomes even better. The game is also very fast-paced, making it even more fun to play. It plays a lot like any other old shooter game from the 90s like Doom or Quake, but considering that there aren't many of those shooters out there these days, that's actually a very good thing. Overall, the gameplay of this game is about is fun as a video game can get. As for the graphics, while they aren't the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game, I will still say that they are fantastic. This game manages to use the Unreal Engine to its full potential in the graphics department. The game's environments all look very beautiful, and the character models also look stunning. As a matter of fact, I once thought that I would never play an Unreal Engine game that looked better than this, but then I played Mass Effect 2, which also managed to astound me in every possible way it could with how amazing the game was. There are also games on the CryEngine that look better, but I will admit, Unreal's graphics are pushed to the limit with this game. Overall, the graphics are also quite good in this game. As for the presentation, it is also great, but not quite as good as the gameplay and graphics. There are a few problems with the settings, such as making it impossible to get rid of certain bot types once you add them, but otherwise it is still great. The menus work properly, and the game even allows you to create your own character, that you cannot see until after a match ends, or your friends see it. Still though, it is nice that they have this feature. Overall, this presentation is great, but not as amazing as it could be. Overall, all I can say is this: don't buy this game if you are looking for a good story! Buy it for everything but the story! The story of this game is crap, but everything else is amazing! I can easily recommend this game to anyone who wants to play a good multiplayer shooter, wants a throwback to the 90s with a modern twist, or just wants to play an insanely fun game. Just not for people who love stories in games.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  11. Apr 22, 2012
    Unreal is Unreal, nothing else to say, get in and frag them all, giants maps, a lot of devastating weapons and vehicles, many power ups and user made maps keep this game alive and kicking with a nice community of players.
  12. Dec 22, 2011
    unsure how to rate this one, the graphics are a definite plus, and the game just shines with quality and polish, i found not only the visuals, but the sound and altogether feel of the game to be very nice, and imo an IMPROVEMENT over older ut titles, i mean let's face it, games change with time, ut franchise is no different!

however in agreement with many others, the campaign is awful!

however in agreement with many others, the campaign is awful! also i would like to call this ut the most difficult ut game so far, but i'm unsure, it seems to be very unbalanced difficulty levels really... skilled is like impossible and then inhuman is actually easier (or so i found it to be!).

not to mention the game ups it's difficulty GREATLY in campaign mode for some reason.... skilled in campaign is like godlike in instant action o.0

but on the whole i think this game is excellent, and i am not just some modern graphics whore that never played ut games before, i grew up with them myself, and i actually like the direction they took in this game... apart from the bizarre fluctuating difficulty curve and the silly campaign story
  13. Dec 22, 2011
    Really not all to good at all. I had heard great things about the Unreal series and thought that this game would be a fun online shooter. I was sadly disappointed. The tiny player base is testimony to how poor this game is. Good luck ever finding a match.
  14. Jun 24, 2011
    Online shooter thingy with ludicrously over-the-top gothic visuals. Blatantly doing double duty as a graphics engine demo, UT3 is still a LAN party staple for me. The deathmatch experience isn't as good as the old Quake 3; it shines in co-operative play in Warfare or Capture-the-Flag mode against a large band of bots, shouting orders across the room to co-ordinate!
  15. Jun 12, 2011
    Lack of mini zoom view at all the times. Need at least a 17 inch monitor or even bigger, as the bots are too small to shoot at from a far fart away distance, but they has no problems shooting at me from that distance without using a sniper scope? Hate to drive those vehicles, so bored of them, look and feel so toy like, yes it's rated R16+ too perfect for that! Hot fast action shooter, ILack of mini zoom view at all the times. Need at least a 17 inch monitor or even bigger, as the bots are too small to shoot at from a far fart away distance, but they has no problems shooting at me from that distance without using a sniper scope? Hate to drive those vehicles, so bored of them, look and feel so toy like, yes it's rated R16+ too perfect for that! Hot fast action shooter, I love it! But there's nothing more to it, I might go back playing UT2004 instead of getting used to the newer gun models & much more faster running speeds (much harder to kill bots). Buy this game if you want more new maps to play on. Some maps now has the brighter (bloom) and darker shaded spots here and there all in a small area, or almost everywhere with those super bump mappings and post filterings of sun-glowing foggings (I feel sea sick already), I could barely taget the super fast running bots with all those effects on. Some game settings does not stick after quiting the game to Windows' desktop, needed to set and change them on every start of the game (is this a free demo game?). It also nags me to login online on on every start of the game, can't they just give the option of loading the game into the offline game menu each time? This game told me that my AMD Sempron 3100+ does not met the minimum CPU requirement, why can't they just shut up and ask me if it's been overclocked from 1.8Ghz to 2.16Ghz? And it's performance is at least as good as a 2.8Ghz Pentium IV on all the games released from year 2005 to 2009 even if the CPU isn't overclocked. How many games installs a CPU driver for you without asking you first? Or not asking you if you're happy with your CPU clock or not after getting the new driver installed? Expand
  16. Dec 11, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but it failed to bring what unreal tournament 2004 did to us. I didn't enjoy the game modes and the guns are exactly the same, as well as exact same mechanics. It is still a good and fun game, but get Unreal Tournament 2004 instead
  17. May 20, 2012
    I love-loved Unreal-Unreal 2-Unreal Tournament-Unreal Tournament 2004 and I hated this "Unreal Tournament III" I must say that I am a fan of unreal engine, engine is so beautiful and can work on low spec pcs and compatibility with windows xp and windows 7 is godlike, what I did not like in "Unreal Tournament III" is I could not see anything and I am not talking about engine I am talkingI love-loved Unreal-Unreal 2-Unreal Tournament-Unreal Tournament 2004 and I hated this "Unreal Tournament III" I must say that I am a fan of unreal engine, engine is so beautiful and can work on low spec pcs and compatibility with windows xp and windows 7 is godlike, what I did not like in "Unreal Tournament III" is I could not see anything and I am not talking about engine I am talking about design, colors, blurs, like all put in a blender I could not bear my self and torture my eyes with this game I played it for 1 hour and deleted it Fun - 0/10
    Gameplay - 0/10
    Music - 7/10
    Replayability - 0/10
    Graphics for its time - 10/10
  18. Feb 25, 2013
    For me, this is my 10/10 for gaming, I originally bought this for Xbox360 and played it religiously for months, the Vehicles are so unique and so interesting to play with as well as all the characters and the weapons, the campaign is a little ropey and repetitive but in honesty this game was designed primarily for its multiplayer, and nothing else, and i love it, i would recommend thisFor me, this is my 10/10 for gaming, I originally bought this for Xbox360 and played it religiously for months, the Vehicles are so unique and so interesting to play with as well as all the characters and the weapons, the campaign is a little ropey and repetitive but in honesty this game was designed primarily for its multiplayer, and nothing else, and i love it, i would recommend this shooter to anyone and cannot honestly give this game a bad word Expand
  19. Mar 5, 2014
    Unreal Tournament III is the best part of series. A plot was never strong part of the game, but it isn't the most important thing. Thanks to the induction new graphic engine named Unreal Engine 3, the game looks unbelievably. Sounds and sounds effects are similar to prequel, but they have become legendary. Now, they are borrowing in other games. Weapons have larger damages, so thanks toUnreal Tournament III is the best part of series. A plot was never strong part of the game, but it isn't the most important thing. Thanks to the induction new graphic engine named Unreal Engine 3, the game looks unbelievably. Sounds and sounds effects are similar to prequel, but they have become legendary. Now, they are borrowing in other games. Weapons have larger damages, so thanks to this, in both singleplayer and multiplayer are furiously fast gameplay. Artificial Intelligence is excellent. I extremely recommend this epic game!! Expand
  20. Dec 20, 2012
    Good game for FPS players. Bad game for Unreal Tournament fans. This isn't a "real" UT, it is definetly a Gears of War FPS. Same concept, world design with Geow.
  21. Jun 11, 2011
    This game installed an AMD K8 driver in my PC, the driver downclocked my CPU's multiplier from 9x to 5x, so my PC's CPU ended up with a real CPU clock of only 950Mhz (it's an AMD Sempron). I needed to use System Restore to remove the damn drivers to fix the CPU problem! I ain't going to install this game in the AMD PC ever again. But I could get this game to work all fine in my other PCThis game installed an AMD K8 driver in my PC, the driver downclocked my CPU's multiplier from 9x to 5x, so my PC's CPU ended up with a real CPU clock of only 950Mhz (it's an AMD Sempron). I needed to use System Restore to remove the damn drivers to fix the CPU problem! I ain't going to install this game in the AMD PC ever again. But I could get this game to work all fine in my other PC with an Intel CPU. No leaning left/right, can crouch but no prone. Nothing much new from UT2004 may be? Except the graphics and models looked more nicer. The bots are running very very fast and I hates it when they're doing it real close up like a fast forward video at play! So without a fast rig you ain't going to enjoy this game. I don't like the old familiar weapons, so much alike to the Halo game's projectiles, well most of them are based from UT2004! No remote bombs or mines like the ones from the other game F.E.A.R. or flashbangs and smoke grenades from Rainbow Six Vegas 2. When they name the difficulty levels, they better name them as difficulty level 1 to 9, please do not utter words such as ExperienceD. Expand
  22. Jul 1, 2011
    This is far better than Quake 3 Arena! You don't want to compare the graphics and models of this game's to UT2004, 'cos UT2004 looked really outdated now. After a week's play (I rarely tried UT games) I already have beaten the difficulty MASTERFUL most of the time in the deathmatch game mode (my 1st place of 60 frags to a bot's 2nd place of 51 frags). I would be INHUMAN in less than 2This is far better than Quake 3 Arena! You don't want to compare the graphics and models of this game's to UT2004, 'cos UT2004 looked really outdated now. After a week's play (I rarely tried UT games) I already have beaten the difficulty MASTERFUL most of the time in the deathmatch game mode (my 1st place of 60 frags to a bot's 2nd place of 51 frags). I would be INHUMAN in less than 2 weeks experience. Note that by most of the time the bots would choose to shoot at you first even though you're more farther away for targeting, as you're priority target number one, so imagine with all those bots' guns firing at you all at once ... that's great fun for me (only if you don't scream in rage because you feel like the bots has cheated and are gang banging you). Oh BTW only get this game if it comes with UT2004 for free! Expand
  23. Sep 7, 2011
    In comparison with it's predecessor, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament III is extremely disappointing. Yes, it's visually stunning, but removing most of the greatest game-play features from 2004 was like putting a bolt in a calf's brain. Where is Assault, Bombing Run, and Double Domination? Those were staples of the last iteration. Playing this game makes me sad.
  24. Oct 13, 2010
    This was really a bummer. Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 had really good single player and multiplayer content. Epic games dropped the pooch this time around. The single player campaign was awful. They tried to put a storyline to a tournament style game and take away the tournament and just make it a war with respawners. Whoever thought of that should have been axed.This was really a bummer. Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 had really good single player and multiplayer content. Epic games dropped the pooch this time around. The single player campaign was awful. They tried to put a storyline to a tournament style game and take away the tournament and just make it a war with respawners. Whoever thought of that should have been axed. The guns felt difficult to kill with. Their earlier games made it so easy to kill someone, this game took a ton of bullets and the guns just didn't have the same feel. The game speed didn't feel right, you move really fast and you shoot really slow. The system requirements were too extreme for the time it was released, and the game engine did not scale like their UE2 or the original engine did.

The game did have some good parts. I really liked the hoverboards and graphics, once I got everything working right. Having co-op for the campaign is also a plus, although I never played it through with other peeps. The Unreal Tournament series has the coolest vehicles to use. What I was hoping for was more of the Assault mode, which somehow got scratched. This game is just not Unreal Tournament worthy.
  25. Aug 30, 2011
    Fun as hell. Extremely fast paced and becomes increasingly difficult. Have yet to try out the campaign, but simple bot matches give a consistent pulse of unpredictability and momentum.
  26. Apr 18, 2013
    Unreal Tournament 3 brings back the UT99 playstyle and puts the '03 and '04 one back in its place. The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is fast and the cutscenes are well made. I think it lacks a bit on the competitive side of multiplayer when compared to UT 2004, but otherwise UT3 is a great addition to the series.
  27. Jul 20, 2013
    What a great game !
    Actually and good grafk !
    Awesome Multiplayer.
    this Game is an must have on every LAN Party

The only bad point are the patches. Its a littlebit confusing.

BUT !

You Can activate UnrealTournamen 3 via Steam And you get the Black Edition No patching needed
  28. Jun 21, 2013
    A disappointment in comparison to UT2K4, this game offers fantastic visuals and the classic UT gameplay, but with a lacking number of maps. Currently, I'd say this is one of the best multiplayer shooter of the generation on PC, and the last good, stupidly fun, arena FPS. Amen.
    Be wary though, Gamespy Arcade isn't too nice here and the recent Steam integration causes occasional problems between Steam and Gamespy Arcade.
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    I played UT99/2004 to death, then took a few years break from the series. I've started playing UT3 only recently, some 4 years after the game was released and I'd be lying if I say I don't have a blast with it. This is just the UT I've wanted, UT2004 gameplay/vehicle in UT99 speed (UT2004 is slightly faster paced than UT99); with all upgraded graphic glory and such. Granted that it looksI played UT99/2004 to death, then took a few years break from the series. I've started playing UT3 only recently, some 4 years after the game was released and I'd be lying if I say I don't have a blast with it. This is just the UT I've wanted, UT2004 gameplay/vehicle in UT99 speed (UT2004 is slightly faster paced than UT99); with all upgraded graphic glory and such. Granted that it looks quite dated in 2011, but still a huge improvement compared to UT2004. It runs fantastically on modern hardware (I'm using HD5770 + Phenom II x4 3.4ghz - a mid-range machine at best today), maxed out at 60fps all the time, with all settings cranked to highest. Shame that it doesn't support AA thou.

Gone is the vibrant, colorful graphics of UT99/2004. UT3 is dark and gory, it looks a bit too similar to Gears of War, but frankly I don't have problem with that. It'd be a lot more boring if it looks too UT2004. My only complain with the game is its bot AI. For some reasons, the AI is noticeably worse than UT99/2004. They get stuck frequently; they are silly, sometimes downright clueless in vehicular combat. Vehicular bot AI in UT2004 isn't stellar, but UT3's is worse.
  30. Nov 8, 2012
    Its the best game I've ever played in my lifetime. 1000s of hours gameplay, and it never get boring. Its incredible much better than UT2004, UT2003 and UT99. Very nice graphic, hundrets of hidden tricks and specials, idiotic dodge-jump removed, warfare game mode introduced with orb. Seriously: Its the best game you can get for your bucks.
  31. Nov 8, 2012
    The best multiplayer shooter I've ever played. Its the culminatation of the Unreal series. I could write a lot of words here, but let me just say one thing: You will love it! And dont forget: There is a free Addon "black edition" with the Titan-pack and new maps and 2 new game modes, all for free. This makes the game really special.
  32. MartinHuggett
    Sep 3, 2009
    UT3 is a great no strings attached FPS, if you want something with an actual Campaign with a story then this ain't for you. The multiplayer is what this game's all about. ~Even after 2 years the online scene is still live and kicking with UT3. The gameplay is smooth with KB/M or controller and the graphics are great looking for a game this old especially if you have an nVidiaUT3 is a great no strings attached FPS, if you want something with an actual Campaign with a story then this ain't for you. The multiplayer is what this game's all about. ~Even after 2 years the online scene is still live and kicking with UT3. The gameplay is smooth with KB/M or controller and the graphics are great looking for a game this old especially if you have an nVidia card with PhysX enabled. There is a PhysX mod available from nVidia that adds more PhysX features and two maps and is free. This game is great fun but every once in a while but it is great value for money from Steam Expand
  33. Mobius
    Jan 17, 2008
    Good points. nice graphics though it looks like gears of war nice effects gamplay similar to UT2004 and your hover board Bad Points Servers are mostly empty infact looking at my server list of 150 servers only 3 have any players on them. Ping on 98% of the servers are over 300 leaving only a few with a ping below 50 mainly the empty ones. Maps are smaller Vehicles all have very weak Good points. nice graphics though it looks like gears of war nice effects gamplay similar to UT2004 and your hover board Bad Points Servers are mostly empty infact looking at my server list of 150 servers only 3 have any players on them. Ping on 98% of the servers are over 300 leaving only a few with a ping below 50 mainly the empty ones. Maps are smaller Vehicles all have very weak armour Vehicle controls are just to twitchy Onslaught mode gone only to be replaced with the weaker warfare. Though this game plays pretty much like UT2004 it just feels like its lost its soul. I still prefere to play UT2004 as its more fun with its bigger maps. Expand
  34. TimE.
    Jan 17, 2008
    It is a really funny game, ok, the Singleplayer is crap, but who cares?! Usually you play it online, the bots are ok, but play it versus humans is real fun. I don't understand why it's selling soo bad!
  35. JonJ.
    Feb 4, 2008
    UT3 is an ambitious old-school multiplayer first person shooter and I commend Epic for it. They've succeeded on many fronts. It has fantastic graphics and environments and very nicely thought out levels. The vehicles are surprisingly innovative and very functional while also not totally overpowering those on foot. Each vehicle seems to have one or more special and innovative UT3 is an ambitious old-school multiplayer first person shooter and I commend Epic for it. They've succeeded on many fronts. It has fantastic graphics and environments and very nicely thought out levels. The vehicles are surprisingly innovative and very functional while also not totally overpowering those on foot. Each vehicle seems to have one or more special and innovative functions. Vehicle CTF is great fun. Warfare is quite nice. The environmental sounds a very nice, but the weapon and player movement sounds are just OK. The voice taunts I find awful and childish and I turn them off with the volume slider. The game plays reasonably smoothly on a good server, with minimal to no jerky movement of other players as they move around the map. One condition I put on that is something that is intentionally put into the game that I don't like - the bunny hopping frenzy. I've never seen a FPS game with such extreme bunny hopping. It makes hitting your opponent very difficult and makes the game feel very frantic at times. This isn't the kind of multiplayer FPS that is very relaxing because of the frantic and constant bunny hopping. Yes also the user interface (fixed in patch soon, so we hear) is very clunky and unfriendly. Also what makes UT3 great are the modding tools available and the fantastic tutorials included in the collectors edition. Has there ever been a closed-source FPS game that supports modding more than UT3? To my knowledge, no. I think UT3 got a bad rap from PC gamer fans and thats unfortunate because there's a really great game in there. Its not perfect either, of course. Oh, the team CTF mode is a nice addition however I don't like the translocator. You shoot at your opponent and they disappear. It's a cheezing or outright cheating feature that is put in there for everyone to use. A good translocator user is almost impossible to hit from my limited UT3 CTF gameplay. Give me a Quake1 grapple over that awful translocator please! Overall I find UT3 quite arcadish in feel, but it does not make me laugh hard like Quake1 did (my favorite old-school fps). I skipped UT2004 because the vehicles moved and felt very fake compared to BF1942 but UT3's vehicles feel much better. There are so many good FPS games out now that I find it hard to say UT3 blows away the competition. It doesn't. It is however a very good game and surprisingly innovative and different (old school improved and reinvented). Expand
  36. Mr.Cool
    Feb 8, 2008
    Now this is one heck of a game! Epic just really has a way of making good shooters. Now this game is certainly better than the previous entries in Unreal Tournament and has the most fast paced action. It is nothing like Gears of War (Also made by Epic) but has the exact same level of entertainment. Online matches are certainly the best part of UT3. The bots are cool and single player Now this is one heck of a game! Epic just really has a way of making good shooters. Now this game is certainly better than the previous entries in Unreal Tournament and has the most fast paced action. It is nothing like Gears of War (Also made by Epic) but has the exact same level of entertainment. Online matches are certainly the best part of UT3. The bots are cool and single player campaign is okay but the online is what really makes the game. If you have internet and are capable of playing online, you should definately get this game. Expand
  37. CliftonG.
    Oct 2, 2009
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," goes the common saying, and nothing is broken with Unreal Tournament 3. Naysayers, move aside - UT3 is an absolutely gorgeous representation of its earlier kin. Somehow, the graphics, details, and tweaks make this game seem somehow fresh even after all these years. Do not misunderstand me, however - this is pretty much UT2004 wrapped in a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," goes the common saying, and nothing is broken with Unreal Tournament 3. Naysayers, move aside - UT3 is an absolutely gorgeous representation of its earlier kin. Somehow, the graphics, details, and tweaks make this game seem somehow fresh even after all these years. Do not misunderstand me, however - this is pretty much UT2004 wrapped in a shiny, new package. But, lack of truly fresh content aside, is there really any problem with a new UT2004? Sure, maybe there is a cheesy, half-hearted storyline and a crew of completely forgettable characters, but the formula still works after all these years - and that's what makes UT3 a worthy purchase. Buy it. Play it. Enjoy it. Expand
  38. Jahote
    Jan 6, 2009
    Well im not a Unreal Tournament fan or somthing but i have played Crysis,Bioshock,Cod4-5,Left4Dead,CSS,CS1.6,HL,HL2,GearsOfWar2,TF2,Trackmania,Wow,GW,GuitarHero,Mario Galaxies,Halo3,Dod, and many,MANY! other games and this game just kick thems asses! This game got almost same incredible graphic as Crysis, Much better zombie mod then Left4Dead, much better maps then any of these games so iWell im not a Unreal Tournament fan or somthing but i have played Crysis,Bioshock,Cod4-5,Left4Dead,CSS,CS1.6,HL,HL2,GearsOfWar2,TF2,Trackmania,Wow,GW,GuitarHero,Mario Galaxies,Halo3,Dod, and many,MANY! other games and this game just kick thems asses! This game got almost same incredible graphic as Crysis, Much better zombie mod then Left4Dead, much better maps then any of these games so i give it a 10 becuse this is the best game 2007-2008 and maybe 2009. Expand
  39. KidClean
    Mar 7, 2009
    Frankly, I as others here have expressed, purchased this game out of loyalty to the brand- and was terribly burned by the result. Part of the brilliance and charm of UT2k4, and UT (and I am sure the rest of the series, though I haven't played them) is the UNREAL appearance. The vibrant appearance was forsaken for a dark, hazy look that just doesn't feel like a UT game. The maps Frankly, I as others here have expressed, purchased this game out of loyalty to the brand- and was terribly burned by the result. Part of the brilliance and charm of UT2k4, and UT (and I am sure the rest of the series, though I haven't played them) is the UNREAL appearance. The vibrant appearance was forsaken for a dark, hazy look that just doesn't feel like a UT game. The maps are indeed beautiful, but that's hardly a consolation when the effort to render them dampens performance. Play feels sluggish, the appearance of everything has been drastically altered, and perhaps most egrigious of all- single player has been forced into a wretched and inescapable storyline [which completely defeats the point of the "Tournament" part of the title. To be consistent with the past, the game should simply be "Unreal 3"- for Unreal and Unreal 2 were both story based like this]. Expand
  40. BrodyGuest
    Jan 1, 2010
    Game LOOKS amazing and plays well as any other unreal tournament game, but living in australia there is no-one to play online with :(
  41. [anonymous]
    Jan 5, 2010
    no one plays this online? barely anybody lets say that. ooh Ahh the graphics aren't near what the screen shots are posted in ads for it. I even run maxed out graphics and don't see it. failure
  42. JasonP.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This is the worst version of UT to date, this game may well sound the death nell for the UT series. Many, Many people are not happy with it. Sure it will sell well, they'll make there money, but will it get the play time? Any game can sell well, look at the Sims, but sales figures don't make a good game, like UT2004, this will flop on the servers after a short time. R.I.P UT
  43. StormdragonB.
    Dec 30, 2007
    This game is very much a worthy successor to the UT game series though obviously not perfect. Gameplay wise I can't find that much at fault. It's still very well paced and hectically fun. Warfare provides a great mix of Assault and Onslaught. The Orb enters an entirely new dimension to it as well making it a very good hybrid game type that just feels fresh. The maps themselves This game is very much a worthy successor to the UT game series though obviously not perfect. Gameplay wise I can't find that much at fault. It's still very well paced and hectically fun. Warfare provides a great mix of Assault and Onslaught. The Orb enters an entirely new dimension to it as well making it a very good hybrid game type that just feels fresh. The maps themselves all look very good to great but might suffer slightly from to much post processing effects like bloom/blur. But to me never so badly that it made the gameplay suffer. The bots are smarter this time around though still surprisingly stupid when it comes to using vehicles. They still feel to be stuck on UT2004 level. On that they do still need some work. I think that the only thing that really can be considered an issue is the menu GUI. It's very console like and pretty bare-bone even after the first patch is applied. I hope that Epic fixes this up a bit more in any coming patches. At least the first patch showed that they are trying to comply with any complaints. So all in all it's a great game that has a few weaknesses that do need ironing out but non are game killers by any means. This game is getting unfortunately quite some bad rep from people who feel that vehicle based game types are for "n00bs" especially now that warfare is the main selling point and VCTF (Vehicle Capture The Flag) is a true supported game type. I would say ignore them if you can as otherwise you are denying yourself from enjoying this game. The UT series evolves and you just need to adapt. Expand
  44. PaulB.
    Jan 21, 2008
    With the updated graphics and the addition of the new vehicles this game aims to please fans of the Unreal game linage. Having played this for a month now, I can say that I am a fan, but I find, I enjoy the onslaught game style of UT2004 more than UT3's Warfare.
  45. Monty
    Feb 14, 2008
    I know Gears Of War uses the same engine as UT3 but does it need to look identicle to it. Good points. plays like other UT games : Pretty looking game. Bad Points at any given time when going into the server list only 3 servers have a ping below 100 and they are 98% of the time full the other 300 servers either have pings of above 300 or are just empty. UT3 was made for the Consols first I know Gears Of War uses the same engine as UT3 but does it need to look identicle to it. Good points. plays like other UT games : Pretty looking game. Bad Points at any given time when going into the server list only 3 servers have a ping below 100 and they are 98% of the time full the other 300 servers either have pings of above 300 or are just empty. UT3 was made for the Consols first and just ported over to the PC. this means that the menus are just awful. Its a real shame as this could have been a great online game but they allowed Gamespy to host the servers. Expand
  46. JaredW
    Mar 27, 2008
    What a $50 disappointment. I've been an Unreal fan since the beginning, and think 2004 is the best FPS ever, and run about 300 custom maps. The physics are breathtakingly fun. Sure I've played the quake and doom franchises, and Half Life, etc... but nothing has the repeat gameplay that UT2k4 has. UT3 is dark, splashy console graphics, ugly dense characters, laggy gameplay, and What a $50 disappointment. I've been an Unreal fan since the beginning, and think 2004 is the best FPS ever, and run about 300 custom maps. The physics are breathtakingly fun. Sure I've played the quake and doom franchises, and Half Life, etc... but nothing has the repeat gameplay that UT2k4 has. UT3 is dark, splashy console graphics, ugly dense characters, laggy gameplay, and unattractive textures, sorry to say. When they say extensive testing, by whom?? Who is playing this and saying it belongs in the UT franchise? Expand
  47. ShaunD
    Apr 11, 2008
    The worst by far of the Unreal Tournament series. Epic promised to bring innovation in this game. Specifically talking about an elaborate in game stats system like UT99 had and a new warfare mod that would mix assault and onslaught aspects together. CTF continued to be a disaster with the limited trans and missing fundamentals that made UT99 CTF so great. The interface, in game browser, The worst by far of the Unreal Tournament series. Epic promised to bring innovation in this game. Specifically talking about an elaborate in game stats system like UT99 had and a new warfare mod that would mix assault and onslaught aspects together. CTF continued to be a disaster with the limited trans and missing fundamentals that made UT99 CTF so great. The interface, in game browser, and hundreds of bugs made the play experience of this game a negative memory. The game only sold 33,000 in it's first month... and there's a reason for that. The critics who gave this game an 83 are being generous. Expand
  48. LeroyJ
    Apr 5, 2008
    UT3 is garbage straight-out-of-the-box. It's a rushed release that only seemed good because of the hype. It lacks a lot of content and does not offer anything new or revolutionary. The servers lag and are scarcely populated. It is loaded with bugs and issues. The new approach to making the setting a dark and gritty place is only because of the trend, and does not feel very "Unreal" UT3 is garbage straight-out-of-the-box. It's a rushed release that only seemed good because of the hype. It lacks a lot of content and does not offer anything new or revolutionary. The servers lag and are scarcely populated. It is loaded with bugs and issues. The new approach to making the setting a dark and gritty place is only because of the trend, and does not feel very "Unreal" as it was before. I regret purchasing my copy of UT3 and wish that Epic would compensate for their failure and create a finished and polished UT sequel and reimburse those who bought a copy of UT3. In conclusion, compared to its predecessors, UT3 is a steaming pile of crap. Expand
  49. BrandonF
    Apr 8, 2008
    UT3 is very disappointing -- it's pretty much the biggest disappointment ever! Good graphics are pretty much its only merit. For everything Epic fixed in regards to UT2004 (ie no shield gun, no adrenaline, more close-quarter maps, etc.), they screwed up or left out 10 other things. The player counts are TERRIBLE! There's about 300 people playing at peak times on the weekend and UT3 is very disappointing -- it's pretty much the biggest disappointment ever! Good graphics are pretty much its only merit. For everything Epic fixed in regards to UT2004 (ie no shield gun, no adrenaline, more close-quarter maps, etc.), they screwed up or left out 10 other things. The player counts are TERRIBLE! There's about 300 people playing at peak times on the weekend and only about 100-200 otherwise (in the US). The majority of the available players will be spread across 2-4 servers with player limits too high for proper gameplay, so you can pretty much forget about normal TDM/CTF games. GameSpy integration is the most pointless and stupid thing Epic has done. Oh, and for single-player people, the campaign is an absolute joke with terrible voice acting! VCTF and ONS were made worse with their changes. Warfare is nothing but Orbfare and both gametypes are less fun compared to UT2004's versions. All focus in the new ONS is on the orbs and it really screws things up. The lack of Assault really annoyed me. The weapons and mouse input system feel off somehow, the sniper and shock especially. As usual Epic's netcode fails completely in comparison with other companies' and it really makes the game a spamtacular "Where's the ammo?!?" festival. After being very into past UTs, I uninstalled UT3 and I can't imagine reinstalling it for any reason. I have never uninstalled a UT game before this one; they have always provided me with fun and enjoyment. UT3 did not. I wish I could get my money back. Don't waste your time with this one! UT and UT2004 both still have more players! Expand
  50. JonO
    May 17, 2008
    One aspect not covered by previous comments is that the other versions of Unreal Tournament play well with mid and even low-end hardware. I was totally duped, and despite that my system well-exceeded the minimum specifications, the game was simply unplayable online. Looking out into any open area yielded frame rates in the single digits. Oddly enough, it didn't matter what resolution One aspect not covered by previous comments is that the other versions of Unreal Tournament play well with mid and even low-end hardware. I was totally duped, and despite that my system well-exceeded the minimum specifications, the game was simply unplayable online. Looking out into any open area yielded frame rates in the single digits. Oddly enough, it didn't matter what resolution or other settings I modified. I spent a couple evenings tweaking settings and looking for answers on the forums, until I realized many, many others were complaining of the exact same thing on Epic's own forums. Bottom line, don't bother with this game without a dual core processor and mid to high end graphics card. Yes, as others have stated, the servers are empty and that's a very big problem. UT lives and dies with the online experience. I think by cutting out the low end and move-up gamers, they killed half their player base from day 1. You simply can't make an online game that doesn't include the mid-low end as potential players. And the only chance they had to get away with a move like that would have been to deliver something so groundbreaking that people couldn't help but upgrade (like oh, Call of Duty 4). Yet as has also been beaten to death, UT 3 feels like a face-lift for the most part. Bottom line, the combination of stiff hardware requirements, a really bad interface (which I didn't even address since it's been covered so extensively) and a whole lot of nothing when it comes to online participation and you quickly get to the point of "why bother". Expand
  51. MattM.
    Aug 2, 2008
    This game dissapointed me a bit. When it came out, I was expecting it to be a bit better than UT 2004. But all the moving around with orbs and nodes got me a bit confused. I found these bots were pretty stupid too. If you snip from high up, they will shoot you with a flak cannon til they run out of ammo. Very sad Epic Games...
  52. UnknownVoter
    Jan 6, 2009
    Well all i have to say about this game is, Power! This game is absolutly my favourite game now after a week of playing it, and i belive it will stay on the top for me. (I know what a bad or a good game is, i have played all top games for 2007/2008)
  53. DeemerA
    Mar 15, 2009
    It's pretty nice in almost every ways, but there is some flaws, that i encountered.. First of all, the mouse sensitivity system is too harsh, at sens 1 it's very low and the sens 2 it's way too high, and my razer panel that i tried to combine it's sens to match perfectly to the sens i prefer to use is imbossible. And the AI is far too difficult, i can't ever be It's pretty nice in almost every ways, but there is some flaws, that i encountered.. First of all, the mouse sensitivity system is too harsh, at sens 1 it's very low and the sens 2 it's way too high, and my razer panel that i tried to combine it's sens to match perfectly to the sens i prefer to use is imbossible. And the AI is far too difficult, i can't ever be that fast, cause my maximum responding speed from seeing the enemy to shoot it is 0,0015secs, but that is way too slow, and my reflex speed is maximum at 350m/s, and i like to play Godlike difficulty all the time, but they can shoot me throu the fog, from places i can't see them, but mostly pretty good game. Expand
  54. MikeD
    Mar 7, 2009
    Unreal Tournament 3 Black (Steam's re-release March 2009) brings about integration into Steam and coincides with Epic's release of the Titan Pack and latest patch. I've been a player of this franchise since Unreal came out. This is really the culmination of everything before UT3 and demonstration of this is in the smoothness, well balanced, FUN gameplay. If you like to play Unreal Tournament 3 Black (Steam's re-release March 2009) brings about integration into Steam and coincides with Epic's release of the Titan Pack and latest patch. I've been a player of this franchise since Unreal came out. This is really the culmination of everything before UT3 and demonstration of this is in the smoothness, well balanced, FUN gameplay. If you like to play online FPS shooters, either UT3 or CoD4 is where you want to be. Personally I like the arcade action and rediculous visuals, vehicles, NEW Titan super modes, as well as good solid gameplay modes that make this title stand out as an excellent game that I would recommend highly. Expand
  55. TerencevandeHaar
    Mar 7, 2009
    Very nice game, worth double its money!

The most fast, bloody, scifi, colorful yet realistic first person shooter on the planet! Graphics and audio both never seen bfor in any other game. Im so impressed by the performance of this 3D engine. The maps... the game types. And now with patch v2.0 ad the titan pack... its HUGE! I love the new game types GREED and BETRAYL... its a whole new game!
  56. MichaelMadsen
    Mar 8, 2009
    I played Unreal at my first PC like 200 years ago! .. Then there was UT and i became a huge fan playing it on K56modem it was simply great.. I always liked the weapons better in UT then quake.. Now that i found out u almost let the weapons stay oldschool im in heaven! 1900*1200 resolution and this UT Black just rocks me out of my seat. This is the best happend since UT (1) was released.I played Unreal at my first PC like 200 years ago! .. Then there was UT and i became a huge fan playing it on K56modem it was simply great.. I always liked the weapons better in UT then quake.. Now that i found out u almost let the weapons stay oldschool im in heaven! 1900*1200 resolution and this UT Black just rocks me out of my seat. This is the best happend since UT (1) was released.
    Thank u UT.. the Old fart!
  57. SamerA
    May 30, 2009
    Amazing game, heats me up ;), with the warfare mode, teams can show how consistent they are, and how members can support each other. I love this type!
  58. DominikG
    Sep 19, 2009
    This game is awesome, fantastic to play, but only what I have for critic is when are about 40 players for example in Warfare and they shoot in our point about 15 players and all my team it's hard to find out which is who, so if you can handle this problem about put the name on head for team which you play... The rest is awesome !!!
  59. MarkusM.
    Sep 6, 2009
    Well what Medieval Mischief said is total crap, or guys who gave the game 1 star... You obviously didnt play it or your PC cant handle it... First of all its a PC TO CONSOL Port not the other direction. The NPC´s are good and much more intelligent than in games like CSS. Of course the game is supposed to look that bland. And if you didnt like that, download custom maps... This game Well what Medieval Mischief said is total crap, or guys who gave the game 1 star... You obviously didnt play it or your PC cant handle it... First of all its a PC TO CONSOL Port not the other direction. The NPC´s are good and much more intelligent than in games like CSS. Of course the game is supposed to look that bland. And if you didnt like that, download custom maps... This game mainly focuses on online Multiplayer for longtime fun... Of course a 5 year old game runs stable on a 5 year old pc... Which you cant say of Unreal tournament 3.. Oh and the best FPS of all time is Half Life 2... Now to my opinion: This is by far one of the best shooters I ever played (well i care more about graphics than gameplay), only Crysis and Call of Juarez can top that... The vehicles are really fun to drive and the map design is really good. There are a lot of custom maps out there and mutators and mods... Even only play can sometimes be really frustrating its still an awesome game. Expand
  60. JacKA
    Jan 5, 2010
    Awesome engine, speed, and gameplay from an awesome developer. This game is awesome.
  61. TommyH.
    Nov 24, 2007
    When it comes down to a good shooter, UT3 is the best. it responds well and feels well. this game is very deathmatch oreinted and if you like deathmatch, this game is probably number 1. Simply this isn't really a tactical shooter, its a fighting match with guns. many games have been slowing down but this game really brings the speed back up. If you really like shooters, you will like When it comes down to a good shooter, UT3 is the best. it responds well and feels well. this game is very deathmatch oreinted and if you like deathmatch, this game is probably number 1. Simply this isn't really a tactical shooter, its a fighting match with guns. many games have been slowing down but this game really brings the speed back up. If you really like shooters, you will like this game. If you play casual and kinda all over, you might not see it. If you play WoW you may think this game sucks. Expand
  62. Grizzly
    Nov 20, 2007
    So far the game seems very promising, with a lot of new ideas inplace. A hoverboard in vCTF is one of these additions, adding new complications and tactics to a already vast game. Having played within the UT2004 competative scene i can definately see the potential for competition within this game when its complete. With the unreals usual habit of semi open-source available, there will no So far the game seems very promising, with a lot of new ideas inplace. A hoverboard in vCTF is one of these additions, adding new complications and tactics to a already vast game. Having played within the UT2004 competative scene i can definately see the potential for competition within this game when its complete. With the unreals usual habit of semi open-source available, there will no doubt be countless Mods made for this game, creating an even larger community than it will no doubt already have from the basic version will have to offer, and if UT99 online gaming is anything to go by then we can expect this game continuously played online for many years to come. Expand
  63. SteveM.
    Nov 26, 2007
    The new Warfare game mode and vehicles are welcome additions to the series. However, the overall look of this game is a bit confusing. Trying to show off their new Unreal 3 engine, the developers got lost with too many textures and effects. For an FPS, a cleaner look would have been better. Lets see what the Mod community can provide.
  64. GamerGuy
    Nov 27, 2007
    UT has been one of those titles that gets overhyped simply because of its name when in truth the game itself is never that great. UT3 redefines nothing and is basically an expansion pack for the old games with a few tweeks and a graphics upgrade. Unreal is to the FPS industry what Madden is to the Sports Industry and UT3 confirms it.
  65. BarryS.
    Nov 27, 2007
    The new features totally ruin the game and the character designs look like they have been ript of from gears of war crap game to be honest.
  66. Notforyourbroin
    Nov 28, 2007
    Pros:
    -Graphics
    -Weapons are balanced perfectly -Warefare mode is AWESOME -Character Customization -Vehicles are great -*Single Player: Improvement over previous Unreal tournaments -Unreal Editor Cons: -*Singleplayer: Some of the story is a but cheesy; does not create a realistic setting(<--Idea of respawners) -Server browser needs help -Login system(specifically the inability
    Pros:
    -Graphics
    -Weapons are balanced perfectly
    -Warefare mode is AWESOME
    -Character Customization
    -Vehicles are great
    -*Single Player: Improvement over previous Unreal tournaments
    -Unreal Editor

Cons:
    -Server browser needs help
    -Login system(specifically the inability to change name without another account)

Personal Preference
    -Warefare match are a bit small
    -Hellbender secondary turrret needs to be more powerful.

Conclusion: A great game that every person who seeks a fast pace, intense, and different FPS should get.
  67. ShammyS.
    Dec 3, 2007
    This game is by no means a flop. I like the gameplay athough I can spot quite a few flaws and bugs in the AI. If I were part of the team of designers, I would have designed a realism mod that changes all of it. Also a few shortcut key have been removed, also the translocator has been taken out of instant action, that is a downfall, but the game itself is pretty fun...the maps are vivid, This game is by no means a flop. I like the gameplay athough I can spot quite a few flaws and bugs in the AI. If I were part of the team of designers, I would have designed a realism mod that changes all of it. Also a few shortcut key have been removed, also the translocator has been taken out of instant action, that is a downfall, but the game itself is pretty fun...the maps are vivid, although I think it can do with a lil more diversity, most of them feel very similar, just with different skin. More arena maps and larger themed maps are in order! There should be maps large enough to support at least 16+ players. Expand
  68. KK
    Dec 4, 2007
    Great fast-paced game that still carries the spirit of Quake 3 arena in a time of sophisticated tactical shooters. Fun no brainer death-match for everyone. Would be perfect if they brought over everything from UT2004 and added the new stuff in ... Maybe single player didn't need a story motivation thingy that makes everything awkward if u think about the story. Great game , Great fast-paced game that still carries the spirit of Quake 3 arena in a time of sophisticated tactical shooters. Fun no brainer death-match for everyone. Would be perfect if they brought over everything from UT2004 and added the new stuff in ... Maybe single player didn't need a story motivation thingy that makes everything awkward if u think about the story. Great game , recommended for people looking to mod and people who like to play mods.. and people that like shooting stuff. Expand
  69. KrogothC.
    Dec 5, 2007
    UT3 is a solid MP FPS game. Sure, it isn't innovative when was the last time innoivation occurred in the FPS genre? The gameplay combines the best of UT99 and UT2K4. I can see why UT2K4 players are annoyed that dodging running and adrenaline are gone in UT3. It is supposed to be a throwback to UT99. Warfare mode improves the already popular Onslaught mode. The Nercis vehicles are UT3 is a solid MP FPS game. Sure, it isn't innovative when was the last time innoivation occurred in the FPS genre? The gameplay combines the best of UT99 and UT2K4. I can see why UT2K4 players are annoyed that dodging running and adrenaline are gone in UT3. It is supposed to be a throwback to UT99. Warfare mode improves the already popular Onslaught mode. The Nercis vehicles are very interesting and provided different strategies then previous UT2K4 vehicle roster. It has the potential to be an excellent successor to Assault mode. The rest of the modes are more of a the same. The graphics and art direction are top-notch, but obviously borrowed from Gears of War. The audio is nothing really that special, at least the taunts and bot feedback is better then previous games. You can personalize your own model's features. My problems with UT3 is the lack of polish. The current UI screams "consolitis" and is rather spartan. It is a pain to setup a proper dedicated server. It seems that Epic was pressured by Midway to get UT3 release early in order to meet hoilday sales. UT3 could of used at least three to six months worth of polishing to make it a real winner. Expand
  70. KellyP.
    Dec 8, 2007
    UT99 fans rejoice! Having said that, ALOT, has happened in FPS since 1999. I like everything thats here, just wish there was some more. I like that I need health packs in UT3. I don't care for the "Get shot, hide a minute, now you're better." approach of Gears, and CoD2-4 I miss the "enemy spotted" system that 2142 does so well, and teamwork points. Team Fortress 2 lacks these UT99 fans rejoice! Having said that, ALOT, has happened in FPS since 1999. I like everything thats here, just wish there was some more. I like that I need health packs in UT3. I don't care for the "Get shot, hide a minute, now you're better." approach of Gears, and CoD2-4 I miss the "enemy spotted" system that 2142 does so well, and teamwork points. Team Fortress 2 lacks these as well though. All in all UT3 is a rich Multiplayer Fragger in the Ut99, some would say Quake 3, vein that does a good job of delivering a good update graphically to that system. Its fun+/- dodge jump and adrenaline.... which i always favored UT99 in the first place so I'm fine with that. In fact I prefer it. Expand
  71. ArkadyS.
    Dec 9, 2007
    Super balanced game. The best online game on this moment.
  72. Dee
    Jan 22, 2008
    The whole game can be summed up with one line: "It's a new UT2004 with better graphics." Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and absolutely laughable auto-taunts from hell... makes me ashamed when someone walks by - I have to turn down the volume.
  73. JustinS.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I like that they attempted to go back to the original Unreal Tournament, but this is just another "save the world" shooter game, and it's a bad one at that.
  74. HowardC.
    Feb 24, 2008
    This game fell far, far below expectations for UT 2004 fans. I was waiting breathlessly for this game for more than two years, but when it came out, we -- in the UT 2004 gamer community -- we're totally shocked at how EA had essentially gutted one of the best PC games in history, had seemed to arrogantly ignore all of the best game play aspects of UT2004 in order to appear cool at This game fell far, far below expectations for UT 2004 fans. I was waiting breathlessly for this game for more than two years, but when it came out, we -- in the UT 2004 gamer community -- we're totally shocked at how EA had essentially gutted one of the best PC games in history, had seemed to arrogantly ignore all of the best game play aspects of UT2004 in order to appear cool at launch... trading amazing gameplay, great team collaboration and true excitement for a clotted, massively over-designed and under-thought clone of Gears of War. UT3 has many great things in it Expand
  75. AnonymousMC
    Feb 28, 2008
    Epic, you sold out. You make crap with Gears of War for console brainless twits and then you bring your 'experience' from that to UT3. You need to ask yourself again, who are the people that got you where you are today. There is a good game here, cant help to be with the UT formula still somewhat intact, but your rubbish menu;s, yes even after your 250mb patches, and GoW inspiredEpic, you sold out. You make crap with Gears of War for console brainless twits and then you bring your 'experience' from that to UT3. You need to ask yourself again, who are the people that got you where you are today. There is a good game here, cant help to be with the UT formula still somewhat intact, but your rubbish menu;s, yes even after your 250mb patches, and GoW inspired character models (cant stand them) show that you have sold out to the console crowd. For some reason you thought big sales in consoles meant you made a good game so you could do the same on PC. Unfortunately for those more particular in their choice of game this is not enough. Expand
  76. TrevorT
    Oct 12, 2009
    Why would you not rate this game a 10? The only downside is that you need a real gaming computer which I have. Don't complain about lock ups and freezing because its probably your computer. So far no lock ups or freezes.
  77. PaulK
    Feb 19, 2009
    This game is console tards.. should never have come to the PC, pretty much everything but the GFX is MORE sh.t than UT2004.. I'm giving it a 0 just for the simple fact there are nubtards who think this pile crap is worth a 10!. .pff nubs "Epic, you sold out. You make crap with Gears of War for console brainless twits and then you bring your 'experience' from that to UT3. This game is console tards.. should never have come to the PC, pretty much everything but the GFX is MORE sh.t than UT2004.. I'm giving it a 0 just for the simple fact there are nubtards who think this pile crap is worth a 10!. .pff nubs "Epic, you sold out. You make crap with Gears of War for console brainless twits and then you bring your 'experience' from that to UT3. You need to ask yourself again, who are the people that got you where you are today. There is a good game here, cant help to be with the UT formula still somewhat intact, but your rubbish menu;s, yes even after your 250mb patches, and GoW inspired character models (cant stand them) show that you have sold out to the console crowd. For some reason you thought big sales in consoles meant you made a good game so you could do the same on PC. Unfortunately for those more particular in their choice of game this is not enough." Expand
  78. AndresV
    Mar 11, 2009
    I think this game is a lot of fun. I don't understand people who would give it a bad rating. I think they just like to whine. Wussies. I never really played the previous Unreal Tournaments, except a little of UT2. The single player story is corny, but who cares it is all about fast paced blasting anyways. That's what you get with this game. If you don't like good graphics I think this game is a lot of fun. I don't understand people who would give it a bad rating. I think they just like to whine. Wussies. I never really played the previous Unreal Tournaments, except a little of UT2. The single player story is corny, but who cares it is all about fast paced blasting anyways. That's what you get with this game. If you don't like good graphics and fast paced blasting then play the previous unreal tournaments. That way you can get fast paced blasting with outdated graphics! Expand
  79. stranded
    Mar 11, 2009
    Basically Unreal Tournament 3 Black is what UT3 should have been in the first place. New game modes, maps and major UI improvement make this game really good. The updated Unreal Engine version also does it's job pretty well, smoother FPS and better eye candy effects. All I can say go and buy this, and if you already did look for it, install it and enjoy it, it's worth it. Oh and Basically Unreal Tournament 3 Black is what UT3 should have been in the first place. New game modes, maps and major UI improvement make this game really good. The updated Unreal Engine version also does it's job pretty well, smoother FPS and better eye candy effects. All I can say go and buy this, and if you already did look for it, install it and enjoy it, it's worth it. Oh and by the way if you're a Steam user you can register your copy with Steam for free and you can unlock 57 cool achievements (without Steam as well!). Expand
  80. ChrisK
    Mar 18, 2009
    UT3, at first, didn't feel like a good successor to 2k4. After playing it for some time, then going back to 2k4 without having played that for a while, I realized just how much they massively improved the gameplay. Especially in the Onslaught -> Warfare change, which is arguably the best game mode in my opinion anyways. The Hoverboard makes it much more bearable to be dismounted, and UT3, at first, didn't feel like a good successor to 2k4. After playing it for some time, then going back to 2k4 without having played that for a while, I realized just how much they massively improved the gameplay. Especially in the Onslaught -> Warfare change, which is arguably the best game mode in my opinion anyways. The Hoverboard makes it much more bearable to be dismounted, and makes it more viable. Vehicles have much better responsiveness, the Manta and Raptor handle more like fast attack craft than they did in 2k4. The nodebuster orb makes it possible to take a heavily defended node, but more importantly, much more easily defend a vital node that might be linked to two or more enemy nodes while your offense takes those down. Nodes are also much more robust (takes significantly less damage to kill them in 2k4), making one guy with a rocket launcher less able to turn the tide of the /entire fight/. There are a few issues where the graphical upgrades detract from gameplay however. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but when I have Bloom enabled on a map like Torlan, I cannot see anything in the sky, which makes it impossible to find that f***ing Raptor that's sniping you. Which is a shame, because the Bloom looks so nice otherwise. It's a bad comprimise, additional beauty at the cost of gameplay solidarity. All in all, it's very fast paced, and rarely any time goes by between you and finding some dudes to blast into small meaty chunks -- and the gameplay has been greatly refined from previous titles. Expand
  81. chrisb
    Jul 21, 2009
    Do not trust the meta score for this one (currently 83). no way, this game is horrendous. its time to be honest epic, this game is one of the worst possibly ever created and will likely go down in history for that.
  82. MaltheS
    Jul 25, 2009
    This game is awesome! only 2 mistakes is done (not big) 1. capture the flag matches never end, becuase you can return you flag just by touching it :S But since warfer and deathmatch is the coolest game modes it doesent matter much. 2. in campaign you helpers keep talking all the time. They never have breaks and they are saying un relevant or even untruth things. But else this game is so awesome!
  83. MichaelP
    Sep 12, 2009
    It's not Unreal Tournament 2004 style mindblowing, but it's nothing to be sneezed at. Love the high paced action in an updated format. Worth the money.
  84. LuukT
    Sep 28, 2009
    Its an awesome game. Full of action, speed, great weapons and AWESOME graphics. The game is for me way better then UT 2004. Though some may not agree that the game has made progress since the last one I think it did. There are loads of different maps and modes to enjoy togheter with mindblowing vehicles. Even playing against bots (NPC's) is extremely fun. the game is full of HQ Its an awesome game. Full of action, speed, great weapons and AWESOME graphics. The game is for me way better then UT 2004. Though some may not agree that the game has made progress since the last one I think it did. There are loads of different maps and modes to enjoy togheter with mindblowing vehicles. Even playing against bots (NPC's) is extremely fun. the game is full of HQ action packed with gore, blood, and voilence. What else can you wish for? And the best thing of the game? 1 word: H-O-V-E-R-B-O-A-R-D. Expand
  85. DylanH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    A game that redefines multiplayer FPS. With a new engine, new features and a arsenal of new maps, this game is a must buy.
  86. MartinL.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Overall it's worthy successor to the UT series but lacks the polish of previous games, also doesn
  87. ElReitoSavage
    Nov 21, 2007
    The gameplay is smooth if you have the horsepower to run it. However too much of the game is exactly like the last UT. Overall, it's fun and worth the price, but don't buy it if you already own the last version. It's almost exactly the same.
  88. BrendanB.
    Nov 22, 2007
    While the user interface and the bot-play may not be up to the same standard as previous incarnations, only a fool would deny the core gameplay is UT at its best. With a little something for everyone - from fast and furious DM play, to the more vehicular-based Warfare - it's a must-have shooter for any fan of the series, and any FPS fan looking for a little more action for his buck.
  89. MatthewW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I think the game is fantastic! and to the guy who said UT2004 floped, you my friend are a moron... UT2004 was one of the best frag fests of all time, a perfect blend that I still play to this day, and I never have trouble finding servers, there's tons of them in fact. UT is one of the greatest game series of all time, show some respect.
  90. MikoS.
    Nov 23, 2007
    The recipe for Unreal Tournament 3: Take the previous installment in the series. Take out all the good game modes. Add more bad game modes. Add a painfully stupid and unnecessary plot. Make the difficulty balancing awkward and the multiplayer clunkier. Result: The first game I've ever met that has no reason whatsoever to exist. I would love to find every person who worked on this and The recipe for Unreal Tournament 3: Take the previous installment in the series. Take out all the good game modes. Add more bad game modes. Add a painfully stupid and unnecessary plot. Make the difficulty balancing awkward and the multiplayer clunkier. Result: The first game I've ever met that has no reason whatsoever to exist. I would love to find every person who worked on this and kick them in the crotch. I had genuine love for Unreal Tournament, and they've smashed it with a hammer and thrown every piece into a fire. Expand
  91. JeffA.
    Nov 24, 2007
    I haven't played much of the campaign since it won't save itself offline (no internet), but the instant action is the best UT yet. Great graphics, classic high paced UT action, and there's a hilariously cool new mutator, which slows time briefly when you make a kill, giving you a great view of it, and time to make another plan! Terrible plot and cheesiness in main game has I haven't played much of the campaign since it won't save itself offline (no internet), but the instant action is the best UT yet. Great graphics, classic high paced UT action, and there's a hilariously cool new mutator, which slows time briefly when you make a kill, giving you a great view of it, and time to make another plan! Terrible plot and cheesiness in main game has to be laughed off. Expand
  92. ArtimecionX.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Still more of the same old UT, but where the graphics have added, the contect seems to have been subtracted. There are shockingly few maps compared to 2k4, and not that many models/skins either. The menus quite frankly are awful and it seems more like a port from a console version rather than a PC game - an example of this is that there are very limited graphics options and even those are Still more of the same old UT, but where the graphics have added, the contect seems to have been subtracted. There are shockingly few maps compared to 2k4, and not that many models/skins either. The menus quite frankly are awful and it seems more like a port from a console version rather than a PC game - an example of this is that there are very limited graphics options and even those are obscurely placed in the menus. They also seem to have forgotten to finish the sound off, with very limited taunts and commands. But, annoyances aside, this is still a good solid game and I'm positive it will grow exponentially in popularity once the user-generated content starts appearing. Expand
  93. SeanZ.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Wow, this is a beautiful game, along with the Unreal 2004 style instead of the liandri conflict with melee blades, this goes back to the better FPS only style. The big vehicles and maps are back with a bang including the classic toran map (my fav).
  94. CharlesM.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Very little innovation since 2k3. and to be honest isnt as visually impressive as i was expecting in dx9.
  95. SimonB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    I've owned every title in the unrel series from the orginal unreal up to unreal tournament 2004, having purchased this i can honestly say i wish it hadn't been made. OK so lets run through the game and see why i've come to this conclusion. Good Points: - VERY GOOD graphics (think BIOSHOCK sytle) - Nice new weapon design, and kept the favourites (sniper rifle, flack cannon, I've owned every title in the unrel series from the orginal unreal up to unreal tournament 2004, having purchased this i can honestly say i wish it hadn't been made. OK so lets run through the game and see why i've come to this conclusion. Good Points: - VERY GOOD graphics (think BIOSHOCK sytle) - Nice new weapon design, and kept the favourites (sniper rifle, flack cannon, etc.) - Cool new vehicles Bad Points: - Rubbish single player campaign, some god awfull story about the killing of your family and a race called the Necris (FTW). - Lost weapons (lightning gun, grenade launcher, spider-mine gun, etc.) - Lost game modes (Assault, bombing run, domination, etc.) - Nothing to do with the "tournament", your team is actually a rebel army, theres no money, prizes or fans involved. - Theres about 8 charecters in total in the game - Your team is non-negotiable - There is vertualy no customisable elements within the game, aside from your user name - The charecter graphics and world graphics look like theyve been copy'd and paste'd from gears or war (how fu*king cheap) - Online play and stats system is terable - Outslaught has been turned in to a pile of sh*te now known as "warfare" I don't petend to know it all, however these things lead me to give it this score. UT2004 any day. Expand
  96. MichaelT.
    Dec 9, 2007
    Nice graphics, very fluent, like we are used to in UT, however this being said: negative parts are: lack of characters to choose from, very few populated servers, and the mysterious lack of instagib servers.
  97. MikeM.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Its a decent engine with lots of holes. The game is horribley the same old stuff we;ve had for years, nothing dramatically different. After seeing how Epic Games has treated their fans and other businesses using the Unreal Engine, I've decided to give Epic a 3 on this game. They could have done a heck of a lot better.
  98. MyronZ
    Jan 19, 2008
    Ridiculous graphics. For those that think it's copying gears of war, guess what? Gears of war uses the UNREAL 3 GRAPHICS ENGINE. I have the demo version and from what i've seen, its pretty awesome. I love the hoverboard, i used to hate running around on big maps for like half a minute just to get to a flag or a power node on UT2004, problem solved! Annoying weapons such as Ridiculous graphics. For those that think it's copying gears of war, guess what? Gears of war uses the UNREAL 3 GRAPHICS ENGINE. I have the demo version and from what i've seen, its pretty awesome. I love the hoverboard, i used to hate running around on big maps for like half a minute just to get to a flag or a power node on UT2004, problem solved! Annoying weapons such as spidermines and grenade launcher have been taken out, thank god. This game is definitely worth a look into (if you have a high end computer). It's a lot like the first UT, but with weapons and better visuals. No major complaints on my part! Expand
  99. RaymondF.
    Jan 24, 2008
    Very fun game. Had performance problems at first, but now runs super smooth at 1680x1050 with the higest settings with the latest nvidia 8800 GTS drivers. Warfare is my favorite online mode of all the multiplayer games I have played. Only problem is there is not too many low ping servers when playing online. I never saw more then 6 under 100 ping servers for any of the modes when looking Very fun game. Had performance problems at first, but now runs super smooth at 1680x1050 with the higest settings with the latest nvidia 8800 GTS drivers. Warfare is my favorite online mode of all the multiplayer games I have played. Only problem is there is not too many low ping servers when playing online. I never saw more then 6 under 100 ping servers for any of the modes when looking in the server browser. Single player is a waste of time, but multiplayer is great. Expand
  100. DanielR.
    Jan 26, 2008
    I have been following the Unreal series since the beginning. I bought a 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 card with 16MB of RAM in order to play Unreal and UT back in 2000. After buying each of those games twice (discs got scratched, etc), Unreal 2, UT2k3 and UT2k4, I must say that this is, by far, the worst Unreal I have ever played. Allow me to base my opinion on facts that I must sadly reveal to I have been following the Unreal series since the beginning. I bought a 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 card with 16MB of RAM in order to play Unreal and UT back in 2000. After buying each of those games twice (discs got scratched, etc), Unreal 2, UT2k3 and UT2k4, I must say that this is, by far, the worst Unreal I have ever played. Allow me to base my opinion on facts that I must sadly reveal to potential buyers. 1.) UT3's bot intelligence is worse than _any_ other UT game previous to this one. They managed to completely blow ten years of experience. Not only is there a huge disparity between bot performance in warfare mode and deathmatch, but most of the time, the opposing team is just way stronger by default for seemingly no reason at all. I like to be immersed in a battle where I am an important part of the team, but I shouldn't have to quadruple the highest scoring player on my team other than myself just to win the match. These bots are so stupid that I've seen groups of them driving and getting stuck in walls. I've watched, sadly, as I nuke the crap out of them in their idiocy (on "Adept" difficulty). Even better, I love when idiots on my team grab the sphere, an all-important power to gaining territory on warfare maps, and then proceed to get stuck, voiding any chances we might have had at winning. Of course, friendly fire is off in the campaign, so I can't even take care of the situation myself. Fantastic. 2.) The maps are interesting and varied. I like that. But I absolutely HATE the look of the new characters. You can be a fat dwarf chick, a fat dwarf dude, a fat dwarf lizard, or a fat dwarf robot. I found this to be annoying, because I don't particularly want to be a fat dwarf ANYTHING. X( This form of style inconsistency with other UT games is frustrating to me. The reason many people have been saying this looks a lot like Gears of War is because it almost looks like textures, content, and even character facial appearances have been re-used in this game. They are using the same engine, of course; but the main characters also look strikingly similar. 3.) as a person has already mentioned, hardly anyone is even playing. I think there are more people playing UT classic, as I hopped on that last night and was surprised to see so many people. 4.) I can't stand the amount of lens blur that is added when turning detail settings any bit above the first setting. I love the HDR and stuff, but I can't see what is happening a long ways away and I feel like I'm playing it on a PS3 when it is on. 5.) Speaking of which...this game feels like a frickin' port. The menus are clumsy and stupid and less usable than the original UT's or even UT2k4. I am VERY mad at this. It seems like they made this game for consoles FIRST and it is unacceptable to me. It wouldn't take long to redesign a menu. Overall, I am still angry with my purchase. I should have looked at reviews. This is the last time I'm getting burned by placing loyalty in a sequel. Expand

1. The game's A-ticket attractions are the massive, ornate battlegrounds where opponents compete in objective-based clashes. Gorgeous alien landscapes play host to massive turf battles between factions vying for power nodes. These mêlées come stocked with a mind-boggling variety of weapons and vehicles, greatly reducing the rinse, lather, repeat burnout that comes in online shooters with less to do and smaller places to do it.
  2. Drop into servers, start killing people, it's so natural to habitual gamers these days that it's hard to quantify how familiar and welcome these experiences are. With the sheer range of death-mongering that UT3 provides, it's hard not to get into the spirit of things. So yeah, Unreal Tournament pretty much remains The Daddy: consistent, meaty, and just weird enough to survive.
  3. The game excels at everything from simple deathmatching to complex objective-driven campaigns. [Dec 2007, p.154]