7.0

1. Jan 22, 2012
    Well presented but the way creeps come from new paths all the time turns this into a game of memorising the levels rather than tower building strategy. Requires too much repetition for my liking.
  2. ave
    Feb 7, 2015
    For me Unstoppable Gorg falls into the Tower Defense genre, and promised something new and fresh with the system of "orbital" towers.

The game offers you to approach each mission with the difficulty level of your choice (I rarely went beyond the first two levels, among four) ; and once you've finished them, you are awarded medals depending on your efficiency in different fields - like Anomaly Warzone Earth does - plus Science Bonus to spend into your towers to level them up before battle.

Different enemies and towers are introduced all along the storyline, so each mission feels like novel.

In spite of these nice elements, the game puzzled me to the point of giving up. I expected some level of careful planning for both the tower type and placement but the later missions mostly felt like unforgiving. Any wrong choice could sentence the planet you're trying to protect to a general abduction - even if you can reposition you towers at frantic speed.

Even if I was initially enticed by the idea of orbital towers, the game felt like too hard to beat even in easy mode. Eventually this drained the potential fun out of it so I never finished it. Sadly, I cannot recommend it.

1. May 21, 2012
    In the end, Unstoppable Gorg is a fun tower defense title.
  2. Mar 23, 2012
    The game's later levels get brutally devious, and the trial and error can become tiresome. [Apr 2012, p.113]
  3. Mar 13, 2012