Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Aug 21, 2016As this title is now available through Steam, republished by Retroism, some explaining on my 8/10 could be of some use for some of you.
IAs this title is now available through Steam, republished by Retroism, some explaining on my 8/10 could be of some use for some of you.
I have bought and played this game back in 1997 and, next to some Duke Nukem 3D and Civilization II, this little gem was one of my most frequently played games.
Uprising is a classic in a niche genre: mixed RTS with FPS in a futuristic setting with alien planets.
This game guarantees plenty of fun gaming hours, here's why:
- Sounds and graphics are outdated (1997, reaching the 20 years mark!), but they still have proper appeal as they were well designed, back in the days.
- No steep learning curve, you quickly get the hang of how to play.
- Challenging enough to make you put in some real effort.
- Upgrade system: upgrade your own vehicle (wraith) with better weapons and upgrade your base buildings. Earn the required credits by completing missions.
- Fight the enemy in your own wraith, swap view to a citadel (defense tower) in one of your bases and fight off an enemy attack, send in your (upgraded) soldiers, tanks and air units in a proper assault and take over another base.
- manage your credits income by building the right structures per base, manage defense of each base by building citadels and defense towers
- work your way through a vast number of planets and take them back, conquer.
Beware of one thing though: several gamers have reported crashes and requested refunds. Make sure you're up to date on what to expect from running this title on your machine.… Expand