Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines PC

8.9

1. AnonymousMC
    Aug 3, 2008
    Pre-patches and mods, I would agree with the 8.0 rating. This game was simply rushed.

However, now that the gaming community has fixed most bugs and reintroduced most cut features, VTM:B's strengths begin to shine free of the tarnish of poor production quality. The action isn't bad, but the true appeal here is simply the best combination of voice acting, characters,

The action isn't bad, but the true appeal here is simply the best combination of voice acting, characters, setting, and writing ever witnessed in the RPG genre.
  2. BenH.
    Jan 3, 2005
    WTF... this puts halflife 2 to shame. Wow halflifes a shootem up mono aS! this is a shootem up rpg with a thick storyline.. some of the missiosn are jsut plane creepy!. The haunted house one i had goose bumps and my hair was standing up all down my back (no i dont have a hairy back but you know what i mean) Well done whoever made this game. Halflife 2 gets the thumbs up for makin the WTF... this puts halflife 2 to shame. Wow halflifes a shootem up mono aS! this is a shootem up rpg with a thick storyline.. some of the missiosn are jsut plane creepy!. The haunted house one i had goose bumps and my hair was standing up all down my back (no i dont have a hairy back but you know what i mean) Well done whoever made this game. Halflife 2 gets the thumbs up for makin the engine but in terms of a gameplay this game smokes it completely what a rad game. Only disturbing thing is too much play gives you vampire dreams and you do feel a bit weird when you wake up and you fell like you've been suckin on someones neck half the night :o. Anyway back to more about this game. Its storyline is awesome, has real attitude and some great humoour. You can choose from different clans and some of the more powerful ones have their drawbacks for example the royal bloodline of vampires can't suck bum blood or Priostitue blood.. its jsut no healthy for the and they start to throw up. Id say whatever type of vampire you think you are theres one for you there. Best game i played in a long time. Expand
  3. Pizza
    Apr 10, 2005
    I believe the direct opposite from Jeff S. I think the Santa Monica part is slightly boring, but once you get to Hollywood it starts getting, well amazing. As I am writing this, Troika has recently shut down. So there probably wont be any more patches, which is incredibly dissapointing. But it isn't their fault, it's Acitivisions. The music, especailly the creepy music and the I believe the direct opposite from Jeff S. I think the Santa Monica part is slightly boring, but once you get to Hollywood it starts getting, well amazing. As I am writing this, Troika has recently shut down. So there probably wont be any more patches, which is incredibly dissapointing. But it isn't their fault, it's Acitivisions. The music, especailly the creepy music and the Chinatown/Asian music, is excellent. The game really takes you to it's disturbed, depressing, but amazing nightworld. In my opinion, if it had been staffed better and given more time to be released, it could have been one of the best RPG's ever. As it stands, it is still easily the best one of 2004, and in my personal top 5. Expand
  4. TomG.
    Jan 16, 2007
    Though it has bugs, and requires a bit higher system than Half-Life 2, I never though I would enjoy a romp around Los Angeles as a vampire. Guns, combat, girls, just to name a few put the spark in this title. The Source technology makes it shine. I wonder what will be next... Unreal 3.0 maybe.
  5. RezzzM.
    Mar 24, 2007
    I played this game and liked it so much I made a model changer script for it. (The game supports binding scripted aliases to keys like quake). There are a few games in life that you find yourself always wanting to replay. For me, Deus Ex, KOTR and Half Life are on that list. This game was added to that list about a year ago. It has 3 or 4 different endings based on how you play through I played this game and liked it so much I made a model changer script for it. (The game supports binding scripted aliases to keys like quake). There are a few games in life that you find yourself always wanting to replay. For me, Deus Ex, KOTR and Half Life are on that list. This game was added to that list about a year ago. It has 3 or 4 different endings based on how you play through the game. The ending is based on your alliances... which are formed throughout the entire game. So it has excellent replayability. (And no you cant cheat by watching the bink files. The endings are played out using the game engine). Expand
  6. Stu
    Jun 8, 2007
    The most awesome story ever, heaps of options, completely immersive, and just wait til the haunted house - most atmospheric level ever.
  7. DanT.
    May 2, 2008
    This game is awesome! I recommend it to anyone who likes Vampire, RPGs, and the Source engine.
  8. BrianT
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have played this game several times through without ever having a problem. People who rated the game low because of "HL2 looks so good, this game should have looked better based off the same engine"; I have two reasons to give. First, this game was released the SAME DAY as HL2. Do you honestly think that they are going to even compete with the developer of the engine? Second, this game I have played this game several times through without ever having a problem. People who rated the game low because of "HL2 looks so good, this game should have looked better based off the same engine"; I have two reasons to give. First, this game was released the SAME DAY as HL2. Do you honestly think that they are going to even compete with the developer of the engine? Second, this game was designed to run on mid-range systems (obviously mid-range at the time). Anyone having problems with high end systems (One user posted he had a P4 3GHz and a 6800GT, etc) there is something wrong with your rig. When I first played this game, It was on an Athlon 64 3000+ 512Mb RAM and a GeForce 6600. Everything on High on at 1280x1024 without ANY problems. The game looks amazing, even compared to HL2. The story is great. Replayability is the best I've seen. Now that I have it on STEAM, I'm sure I'll play even more. Expand
  9. RobKingpin
    Sep 5, 2009
    Best storyline game of all time...make another one dammit!
  10. Marshall
    Nov 15, 2004
    Wow...I've been playing this for a few hours and this is definitely the must-have RPG of the year. Based on the HL2 Source engine, it's environs are rich and detailed. Characters are lively and move flawlessly, and the story is awesome. Get HL2, and get this game. Both are shaping up to be great games.
  11. JerushaK.
    Nov 17, 2004
    WHOA! I had no idea this game was coming out, all the HL2 hype nearly buried it. This is the most involving and beautiful game I've ever played, and it's hard to pull myself away from it long enough even to write this!
  12. BobS.
    Nov 27, 2004
    This game is not a techno-fighter nor was it designed to be. If it runs smooth on your system it's incredible and well worth your time. Engrossing and deep with many sidequests and character development.
  13. Miko
    May 26, 2006
    Yes, Bloodlines is buggy, almost terminally so. Still, it's easily the best game I have ever played on any system, so this is going to have to be a 10. You'd just better have more than 512MB of RAM if you want it to run.
  14. YokoR.
    Dec 29, 2007
    This game has to be the best Vampire game i have played.
  15. Cr@zyHorse
    Apr 23, 2007
    To make it clear; anybody who doesn't give this game 10/10 points has no idea of its true potential, not only the different endings make it repayable, but also the vast amount of characters and possible ways of developing your Kindred. I'd personally say 20/10 points and with the fan patches it's just perfect; just need to find out how to use every inch of the console in To make it clear; anybody who doesn't give this game 10/10 points has no idea of its true potential, not only the different endings make it repayable, but also the vast amount of characters and possible ways of developing your Kindred. I'd personally say 20/10 points and with the fan patches it's just perfect; just need to find out how to use every inch of the console in the right way! Expand
  16. NikB.
    Jun 14, 2007
    A wonderful well thought out game with plenty of atmosphere, wonderful characters, exploration, and adventure. The RPG elements make it very replayable. The downside is that it is known to not run on all systems, and the developers went under before they could finish patching it. The intro video looks like it was half finished when the game went on shelves. If you are lucky enough to have A wonderful well thought out game with plenty of atmosphere, wonderful characters, exploration, and adventure. The RPG elements make it very replayable. The downside is that it is known to not run on all systems, and the developers went under before they could finish patching it. The intro video looks like it was half finished when the game went on shelves. If you are lucky enough to have this run on your computer you are going to have one good time. Expand
  17. TomC.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Action 8/10 Story 10/10 Voice Acting 10/10 Freedom and Interactivity 10/10
  18. PoulanD.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Barely playable at release, but with the fan patches this is now one of the greatest RPGs ever made. RIP Troika.
  19. PedroT.
    Mar 21, 2008
    First of all, if you are the kind of person that likes to bypass all the talking in the games you play and you have the "lets kill some" attitude, stay 1000kms away from this game. Like a good wine, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is a game to be appreciated to its full extent, with time and without rushes. Anyway, this has to be the best storyline ever made for a game. I won't First of all, if you are the kind of person that likes to bypass all the talking in the games you play and you have the "lets kill some" attitude, stay 1000kms away from this game. Like a good wine, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is a game to be appreciated to its full extent, with time and without rushes. Anyway, this has to be the best storyline ever made for a game. I won't even mention the main plot, which is, by the way, AMAZING. Every small side quest has a very well written and interesting story behind it too. The plague quest or even the serial killer one have better arguments then most top selling games nowadays. Also, the Source Engine allows some "moments" that you won't forget so soon. The Haunted Mansion is just plain frightening. And I'm not exactly 14 years old. I was actually jumping away from the screen in my chair. The combat system is kind of basic, but the different powers make it always interesting. It's a must to replay this game to actually understand how different clans offer different approaches to the same situations. All in all, Bloodlines is just mandatory for everyone who enjoys a good story. If you like vampires, you will fall in love with this game. Never vampires were so deep, emotional or real. Definitely a game that will suck you in (pun intended :P). Expand
  20. StefanS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Best game ever made period.
  21. Brent
    Nov 16, 2004
    This game rocks. Great gameplay, fluid storyline, and sweet graphics. Game even runs well, on my lower end system...the best RPG I have ever played. I give it the "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing" quote YOU"RE WINNER!
  22. MikeG.
    Nov 16, 2004
    A masterpiece from the makers of Fallout. Truly awesome.
  23. AlbertD
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game is awesome. Every RPG lover's wet dream! I don't remember last time i've played a game with such an in-depth and unique story. Great dialog, wonderful atmoshpere, cool Vampire powers. This game rocks!
  24. J.J.
    Nov 26, 2004
    Thanks cap g that worked great. Props to troika this game was so well designed.
  25. AM
    Nov 27, 2007
    This game is brilliant, a legend nowadays equal to Fallout, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment. If you are a fan of non-linear RPG with beatiful story and rich dialogues, and you enjoyed the games I listed, then you will love Vampire the Bloodlines.
  26. BenT.
    Nov 3, 2007
    This game is INCREDIBLE. It is so very very fun to play. The issues that detract from the fun are all technical, not game play. Once you've got the thing running it's a blast with great replayability.
  27. TesseraT.
    Dec 29, 2007
    Once properly patched to eliminate bugs, Bloodlines stands out as perhaps the finest and most engrossing mature RPG's ever created for the PC. If you are even a tiny bit intrigued by this title, then I encourage you to go ahead and purchase Bloodlines. I promise that you will not be disappointed by this uniquely fascinating RPG classic.
  28. JasonL.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I just played this for the first time, three years after the original release, and I'm really impressed by the story, atmosphere, and especially the dialogue. Excellent game. Certainly not perfect -- I thought it could have focused more on story and less on sewer crawls -- but it's still a wonderful game. The bugs are largely gone with the last official patch.
  29. SaharV
    Dec 7, 2009
    Great in every way. Full immersion character development and a modern story line that's nearly believable. A great game even non-vampire fans can enjoy!
  30. S
    Nov 16, 2004
    This game is amazing. Best RPG I have ever played. The graphics are amazing, the story is amazing, the gameplay is amazing. You play as a vampire, and you really feel a part of the world. The vampire skills are very cool. This game is one of the first games where I actually feel like a part of a living breathing world. I would even say this game is better than Half Life 2 which is the This game is amazing. Best RPG I have ever played. The graphics are amazing, the story is amazing, the gameplay is amazing. You play as a vampire, and you really feel a part of the world. The vampire skills are very cool. This game is one of the first games where I actually feel like a part of a living breathing world. I would even say this game is better than Half Life 2 which is the engine Vampire uses. Expand
  31. BobH.
    Nov 16, 2004
    Best game I've ever played. hands down. I wish more game companies cared as much as Troika does. Bravo, guys...
  32. JondarO.
    Nov 16, 2004
    To my own surprise, I'm hooked on this over HL2. Wonderful integration of RPG systems and action combat, gritty mature storyline, and a completely immersive world. I didn't know about this game until a week ago- but I hope this the first of a series! Valve we need more games like Bloodlines!
  33. TomV.
    Nov 27, 2004
    The artistry is there. It really is, and the art is what's missing from bad games, not the technology. I know everyone mentions it, but the hotel mission is as beautifully conceived and executed as anything in Half-Life 2. You'd be cheating yourself not to buy this.
  34. JohnJR.
    Dec 31, 2004
    The Best rpg/fps hybrid i have ever played. Bearing in mind im playing a fully patched version as this game has a lot of problems with bugs unpatched. But if you have played games like Bioforge, The Nomad Soul, System Shock 2, Deus Ex and want something that re-captures the magic and the atmosphere of those classics then this is the game for you. In a pc game atmosphere and story IS The Best rpg/fps hybrid i have ever played. Bearing in mind im playing a fully patched version as this game has a lot of problems with bugs unpatched. But if you have played games like Bioforge, The Nomad Soul, System Shock 2, Deus Ex and want something that re-captures the magic and the atmosphere of those classics then this is the game for you. In a pc game atmosphere and story IS everything. The story and dialogue and characters in this game are unbelievable. Best dialogue in a pc game for a long time. Finally a successful marriage between the instant gratificatino and appeal of an FPS and the deep gameplay of an RPG. You will need a relatively up to date pc to run it in all its glory though. But trust me this is like the offspring of a mating between Fallout and Halflife 2 Please Troika let there be a sequel (or add-ons even). Expand
  35. AntonioD
    Dec 24, 2009
    Great game if played with the bug fixes. Sadly the dev team isn't around to make a sequel.
  36. Jul 28, 2011
    This is a totally unique first-person RPG experience. Troika did an amazingly job crafting a believable vampire world full of interesting characters you can meet and get to know. This is truly a game you experience rather than just play. Even though I played it years ago, so many scenes are so fresh in my mindâ
  37. Jan 1, 2011
    The stronger points of the game are that it has a fantastically dark atmosphere, believable and often intense characters (something which alot of games lack), and a solid storyline that does the game justice. Also, you choose at the beginning which bloodline (faction) you are part of, which will directly affect your relationships with the characters in-game, offering variation andThe stronger points of the game are that it has a fantastically dark atmosphere, believable and often intense characters (something which alot of games lack), and a solid storyline that does the game justice. Also, you choose at the beginning which bloodline (faction) you are part of, which will directly affect your relationships with the characters in-game, offering variation and replayablility, if you don't mind already knowing the storyline the second time through. Finally, the level design is very well done, giving varied and interesting locations that will keep your interest, no rampant cookie-cutter design here.

On the down side, it is a dated game, having been released in 2004, so you will probably only get the most out of it if you don't mind the avatars looking a bit blocky compared to what you might be used to. I'm sure it was 'fairly' close to cutting edge graphics in 2004, but if you can look past it, the game will suck you in and you won't notice.

It was mentioned that the game doesn't feel finished by one reviewer, and while I disagree, I can see why that might come up. The game is completely set at night, so far as I can remember, so you won't get the bustling city feel that daytime would bring, and also it doesn't have a huge amount of side quests that seem to pack into games these days (to cover up lack of original content), but there is plenty to keep you occupied.. you won't get bored.

Also, apparently the game was quite buggy at release. I'd used the official patch when I played it, and didn't come across any problems. I certainly didn't come close to checking on forums, as one or two others had, but everyone plays a game differently, and it's becoming standard practice to check forums rather than think a problem through, or work around it. Regardless, apparently the unofficial patch made by fans is the best, from what I gather.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the game and thought it to be underrated, definately a pleasant surprise. At no point did I get bored, even though there are many areas, nor did I question whether I'd see it through to the end, unlike quite a few games which get churned out. The storyline was interesting, and I found myself carefully watching the behaviour of all the characters, not quite sure who to trust, as it should be in a vampire underworld. The hotel level was especially spooky, I might add ;) good job on that. I only wish that there was a sequel.
  38. Apr 8, 2011
    Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines,This game is HUGE,and ROCKS my socks off BIGTIME,If playing ISO-files or the original cd `s : I`ll recommend for smooth playing on XP/Vista/win7-players the unofficial v.7.3 patch (64-bit ready as well,) ,also recommend the Respatcher installed for widescreen-mode playing..But If purchased the game through Steampowered.com ,my experience is that the officialVampire Masquerade Bloodlines,This game is HUGE,and ROCKS my socks off BIGTIME,If playing ISO-files or the original cd `s : I`ll recommend for smooth playing on XP/Vista/win7-players the unofficial v.7.3 patch (64-bit ready as well,) ,also recommend the Respatcher installed for widescreen-mode playing..But If purchased the game through Steampowered.com ,my experience is that the official patch v.1.2 or the unofficial v.7.3 patch wont run the game,I haven`t found a useful patch/fix or working tips to run it so far. (got the Engine DLL error,Less than 15MB RAM available) ..

Back to the game: A huge RPG-game with long playtime,It blends from First to third-person-view..Great graphics (still today) I`ll think a bit like a "blood-drinking Grand Theft Auto3" ,Do a main-quest,or take many side-quests all over the city for different characters from different vampire-clans.

Excellent storyline,really awesome soundtracks,cool characters,black humour,plenty of different type of weapons,really creepy,fantastic and also among the most fascinating levels I`ve ever seen & played in a PC-game,Play as silent stealth,or play as a sword-swinging "give-a-damn-Rambo",you choose..Hack computers,lockpick doors,crawl inside buildings using vent or sewer-systems,manipulate or seduce people for blood and info,buy & sell items you come across,Build up your character`s strength,stamina & personality,This is fun fun fun..

This game got everything for everybody..One of my 5 best all-timers still today! This game really should have deserved a international blockbuster-title if Activision had time to repair all the bugs on the original-game,before the release back in 2004..But today there`s patches (fixes) out there,And people really should give this game a second try.! :)
  39. Nov 1, 2011
    The absolutely best RPG I've ever played to date. Many modern games have done a few things well, but VtMB is still he full-package greatness. Let me boil it down in 3 points.

1) Absolutely UNIQUE play style between many bloodlines (races) way beyond simple +1 to melee or +2 to spell damage. The extent of which is still unmatched in any game to date. Ex: One bloodline have you hiding in sewers, making old lady faint from the sight of you. Another bloodline have you manipulating people's mind with psychotic hilarity. It's a step-up addition to the traditional persuader, gunner, slasher, sneaker, hacker approaches that this game also has. Except this step-up doesn't just play different, it FEELS different.

2) The more outrageous the character, the more difficult it is for the writer to maintain the suspension of disbelief. This game has some of the wildest characters in video game and I never blinked. The game is so filled with great nuggets of excellent writing/design that if you keep exploring, you constantly keep getting amused for many playthrough.

3) FULLY voiced game with some of the most convincing voice-over in video game. Combine this with the most effective facial and body animation to add body language. The characters feel so alive and believable. Compare this to the character animation and voice work of Half Life 2 (original) and Knights of the Old Republic, and you can see what a technical marvel this game was. Play the dialogue scenes of this game, then switch to "modern" titles like Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2. The game was not just ahead of its time, it's still ahead in our time. Today's games like LA Noir experiments and sell it off like a gimmick, VtMB had VO and animation working just fine in a real game long ago.
  40. Aug 8, 2011
    This is an often overlooked game which is easily one of the best RPGs ever made. The game combines the typical RPG settings with some survival style action. The result are an amazing, complex story which you get to experience through a very dark atmosphere, often reminiscent of the older Resident Evil games ( although this time you are the monster ). There is a good variation in how peopleThis is an often overlooked game which is easily one of the best RPGs ever made. The game combines the typical RPG settings with some survival style action. The result are an amazing, complex story which you get to experience through a very dark atmosphere, often reminiscent of the older Resident Evil games ( although this time you are the monster ). There is a good variation in how people respond to you based on your clan and the extra options available based on your talent selections. There are some clear bugs and occasional lackluster enemy AI, but these issues don't really hinder your enjoyment of the game. Expand
  41. Jul 30, 2011
    In a time where "role playing game" seems to mean either Star Wars-esque space RPG or Tolkien-esque knights, wizards, and elves, this game stands alone as a genuinely unique RPG experience. The game is a little opaque at first, since even veteran RPG enthusiasts will find themselves scratching their heads at at skills and classes they've never met before, not to mention becoming accustomedIn a time where "role playing game" seems to mean either Star Wars-esque space RPG or Tolkien-esque knights, wizards, and elves, this game stands alone as a genuinely unique RPG experience. The game is a little opaque at first, since even veteran RPG enthusiasts will find themselves scratching their heads at at skills and classes they've never met before, not to mention becoming accustomed to the bloodpool/feeding system (which is essentially a more complex mana system) and a non-traditional but pleasantly simplified experience system. Nonetheless, RPG enthusiasts who investigate this diamond in the rough are sure to be surprised at how deep and rewarding a game VMB turns out to be. It's full of unique characters as interesting and fully developed as any you'd find in an RPG from Bethesda or Bioware---if not more so! The game also goes above and beyond the RPG call of duty by rising above mere fetch quests and combat, sending you on a variety of interesting missions. Don't be surprised to find yourself playing action one minute, mystery the next, and horror the next. (Not just horror in the sense of "look, there are vampires in this game", but the game has some truly scary situations, ranging from merely creepy to nail-biting.) Finally, even when you're killing time in between quests, the game will charm you with its originality and atmosphere. When you find yourself sitting at your desk in your safehouse, checking your email on your computer while laughing at the hysterical "frickin' chicken" commercial on the radio for the hundredth time, you realize that this dark world is simply a place you like to be. VERDICT: If you're thirsty for a rewarding RPG campaign but are getting tired of swimming in an ocean of Star Wars and Tolkien, you should definitely pick this up. It's worth every penny of it's $20 price tag, but if you see it on sale, you'd be a fool to pass it up. Expand
  42. May 3, 2013
    True to it's reputation, one of the best true RPG games ever. From an RPG perspective, an absolutely perfect experience. Perhaps the nicest thing was that this is an RPG that is actually something other than sword&sorcery or cyberpunk. Based firmly in the well-established pen and paper game, which guarantees rich background and tried and tested game mechanics. Darkness, corruption,True to it's reputation, one of the best true RPG games ever. From an RPG perspective, an absolutely perfect experience. Perhaps the nicest thing was that this is an RPG that is actually something other than sword&sorcery or cyberpunk. Based firmly in the well-established pen and paper game, which guarantees rich background and tried and tested game mechanics. Darkness, corruption, huge depth and variety. Side quests galore. I actually snuck hours of game time in my office I was so sucked into this game!

Get the community patch

Cons; a dated graphics engine.
  43. Dec 26, 2011
    For roleplaying translated to video gaming, Vampire Bloodlines appeals like no other game out there.

I start with its one flaw. When it first came out reviewers more or less panned it because of its bugs which made it unplayable for many. I personally never experienced any bugs that destroyed my gameplay experience, but no doubt, it had a few glitches that forced me to save frequently to be on the safe side and be a little patient with it, like a wild animal - wondrous but unpredictable. That said, there are many free user-created patches which solve this problem, easy to install and find. I found them almost ten years ago, well-before I started using mods.

But why bother with Bloodlines if there are other newer games with professional support? Well, there is still no game out there that captures horror cyberpunk in video gaming so well. It matches Deus Ex for crafty grit and conspiracy. It horrifies while pulling you in. Several stories play with zombie survival, even subtly introducing a George Romero-style character. Other stories feel more like the movie Session 9. Most stories, though, put you in the shoes of a capable investigator who's in way over his head - think Blade Runner, with less cyborg and more vampire. You rifle through drawers, question strange personalities, occasionally run for your life, sneak down hallways, fight notorious killers, meet a variety of damsels in distress which put Witcher to shame, and maneuver between gritty Chinatown Tong. There's simply enough style to cover 5 games and yet they cohesively run together to present you with "the World of Darkness."

Aside from the stories and mood, the music supports the general atmosphere (with all its turns) with songs from artists like Collide, Massive Attack, Chiasm, and Rob Zombie, as well as some more ambient tracks. Bloodlines immerses, if nothing else. But what about the gameplay ask modern players?

It's well-conceived but nothing spectacular. It will feel much like Deus Ex yet again, but with the graphics those fans wished for. True, by today's standards of fps, Bloodlines doesn't amaze. There are relatively few gun choices, relatively simple combat effects, and you don't get a ton of fancy moves or smooth-as-butter controls. What it gives up in combat play it makes up for in choices and character build: just like its runner up in rpgs, Deus Ex. Comparisons here are unavoidable since the controls can seem a little clunky compared to modern games, but the variety of choices balances this. Few games offer such variety in character building though, except for maybe Fallout 3. And few games emphasize those skills as well through multiple routes to solve almost any confrontation. One might sneak past guards, persuade them to allow you to pass, seduce them with a wink, intimidate with the help of some vampire glamour, find a back entrance and pick the lock, go in guns blazing, or even charge in with a katana like Musashi himself. There really, really, is no game out there that rewards attention to character creation like this. Between the quest options, the clan choices in character creation, the character build choices, and your influence on factions, possibilities are endless. It is literally the only rpg or fps Iâ
  44. Mar 25, 2012
    A Legendary game let down by its publisher (ACTIVISION) and a variety of other issues. Unpolished (especially gameplay) but yet somehow it still deserves a 10/10. In reality it deserves a 9 but crap like Mass effect and Halo gets 10/10 these days so it would be shameful to give it any less. A heavily flawed masterpiece.
  45. Apr 6, 2012
    It seems that every time I watch the ending of this game I can't help but to roll up another character and march right back into the World of Darkness. This game is not without a collection of flaws (hit-and-miss combat, skills that fluctuate wildly in usefulness), but none of those things matter in the face of its strengths; no game can be perfect in everything, and this game (whenIt seems that every time I watch the ending of this game I can't help but to roll up another character and march right back into the World of Darkness. This game is not without a collection of flaws (hit-and-miss combat, skills that fluctuate wildly in usefulness), but none of those things matter in the face of its strengths; no game can be perfect in everything, and this game (when patched, and thus no longer very buggy) succeeds marvelously in everything it aims to do; tone, story, conversation, and other such things that are the hallmarks of the World of Darkness. What more can you ask for in a game? Expand
  46. Apr 30, 2015
    This is by far the best RPG ever made. It puts you in the world, gives you char building, and gives you the decisions that change the world around you. I have hoped for a sequel to this game for over ten years and have decided maybe its better to end on the epic note they did. Great job to the art and dev teams.
  47. Jul 29, 2013
    My favorite single player RPG of all time... very possibly my favorite single player game of all time. It's got it's glitches... Troika was shut down before they could be fixed but thankfully an awesome modding community not only stepped in to fix the game but also to improve it. Get this, get the unofficial mod, get some more content, and let your inner vamp run wild.
  48. Aug 4, 2012
    Truly one of the greatest games ever made and brilliant for its time. this game creates an amazing atmosphere and is very entertaining and ven though it does take a while to get moving through the game its also like watching a movie and the games freedom of choosing what missions to complete first really make it easy for the novice player. this game is recommended mainly toward teens butTruly one of the greatest games ever made and brilliant for its time. this game creates an amazing atmosphere and is very entertaining and ven though it does take a while to get moving through the game its also like watching a movie and the games freedom of choosing what missions to complete first really make it easy for the novice player. this game is recommended mainly toward teens but is a game anyone will love.... hope to one day see this re-released back in stores... for more information you would like to know about this game from an experienced person who has completed this game... contact me on tom_staszak@hotmail.com Expand
  49. Feb 12, 2013
    story- the overall story involves you becoming a new vampire and joining their society. what type of vampire is up to you to decide. and then the story involves you trying to keep the vampire society secret and at the same time protect humanity from destruction.

gameplay- the controls are solid. its preferred to play in first person since the 3rd person is a bit hard to control when aiming with guns and other things. there are lots of side quests and doing them will let you know more about the happenings in the vampire world. it has some nice dialogue choices and depending on what type of character you choose to play, it reacts to you and vice versa.

video- the graphics are great, using the source engine. i believe the first game to do so. and you know how the source engine has become popular with lots of new games after. audio- music sets the mood and the effects are great. the voice overs are also well done. overall- the game is one of the diamonds in the rough type games. not many know about it or its really underrated. and not many games revolve around vampires like this so its special in its own.
  50. Sep 13, 2013
    There are so many fantastic things about this game that I don't know where to start.. ..for the first half of the game. The game then deteriorates to a semi-boring shooter. I've read a rumor somewhere that the development team was fired and replaced. I don't know if that's true, but it would certainly explain why the game halfway through suddenly goes from being the best rpg ever made to aThere are so many fantastic things about this game that I don't know where to start.. ..for the first half of the game. The game then deteriorates to a semi-boring shooter. I've read a rumor somewhere that the development team was fired and replaced. I don't know if that's true, but it would certainly explain why the game halfway through suddenly goes from being the best rpg ever made to a half-arsed shooter with rpg elements.
    Still, the first half of the game is so good it deserves 10/10 even in light of the second half.
    The modding community have also made rather good mods, that changes game-mechanics and makes available sabbat bloodlines.
  51. Jul 11, 2014
    I'm just putting my two cents in. I can't really top what has been said, this game is the perfect mix of everything we love. Add in the community content. It's slowed in recent years, due to the anticipation of WoDO. When that got cancelled, I hope to see the community pour themselves back into modding this, with some crazy guy who will mod it and host it as an MMO, somewhat like whatI'm just putting my two cents in. I can't really top what has been said, this game is the perfect mix of everything we love. Add in the community content. It's slowed in recent years, due to the anticipation of WoDO. When that got cancelled, I hope to see the community pour themselves back into modding this, with some crazy guy who will mod it and host it as an MMO, somewhat like what SWG did with SWGEmu.

One can dream.
  52. Jul 13, 2015
    Atmosphere. It´s the key word about this game.You feel the thrills of a sinister world while trying to cope with powerful and dangerous characters. It´s my favourite game of all time. The most inspired and inspiring game ever. Just fiending for a new take on this universe since years ago.
  53. Nov 22, 2016
    I've been playing games since 1990 and this one is still on top of my list. One of the best games ever made. EVER. Go try it, even if it's 2016, or 2987 for that matter. Yes, you in that spaceship orbiting Centauri: play this game and witness the power of the ancients.
  54. Aug 8, 2013
    Amazing game, great story, absolutely love it! The release version was buggy but with both the official and unofficial patches it's the best vampire game out there. For just 20$ you get a lot of fun, side quests, good graphics and can replay it with another clan Malkavians are sure different from the others. 10/10
  55. Jun 14, 2014
    This is THE GREATEST RPG of All Time..Bar None.... The level at which this game literally "sucks" you in and holds you is amazing. There are (3) major Mods 1. Camarilla Edition 2. Clan Quest Mod
    3. Final Nights which provide additional enhancements to this Gem. The Clan Quest Mod adds additional Clan specific Quests (Amazing integrated).
    With this game, obtain the Official Patch 1.2

With this game, obtain the Official Patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch 9.0 both found here and easy to install www dot patches-scrolls dot de/patch/4647

Enjoy!!!
  56. Oct 31, 2013
    This is a wonderful game with several acts and different characters that change up the game allowing for interesting replays that are different. The dark atmosphere of this game is great. I replayed this recently and I have to say that this game holds up very well despite being nearly a decade old. Try it with the unofficial patch and enjoy!
  57. Aug 5, 2014
    As much as I truly loved the first Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I must admit, that this is probably even better and definitely more replayable. The sheer variety between different clans, their playstyles, using different skills and various approach to your quests is fantastic. Speaking of quests, man, this is the good stuff, that's how you do quality writing for a game, engaging,As much as I truly loved the first Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I must admit, that this is probably even better and definitely more replayable. The sheer variety between different clans, their playstyles, using different skills and various approach to your quests is fantastic. Speaking of quests, man, this is the good stuff, that's how you do quality writing for a game, engaging, captivating, the story, dialogues and the overall atmosphere and feeling you get from this game is incredible. If I boldly say the best vampire game ever created, I don't think I am too far from the truth. Kids, forget the Twilight, True Blood and crap like that, this is the good vampire stuff right here. 10/10 Expand
  58. Jan 14, 2014
    Out of all the games I have played this takes the cake for having the best world and atmosphere. Everywhere you go and everything you do in this game fits very well in its perfectly crafted world
  59. Nov 23, 2014
    Pretty much Deus Ex with vampires. Real vampires, not some **** shinning on sun **** Every character you encounter is either a psycho or manipulator, trying to drag you into some **** or at best just wants to ask you for a favor. Additionally there's a strong atmosphere of the end of the world being about to happen.

The game gives you loads of options when it comes to dialogues. You

The game gives you loads of options when it comes to dialogues. You have 3 skills exclusively related to dialogues (seduction, intimidation and persuasion) and additionally in some conversations you can use some vampire magic (aka disciplines). A lot in the game depends from your stats - some people will react to you differently if you belong to certain clan (one of them seems to have the whole dialogue script replaced with his own), some of your choices might affect stuff that will happen later in the game etc. Huge replayability.

There's also not a single classic RPG quest: bring me 10 of X. Every quest has some sort of story behind it

Sometimes you will have to fight. It's not Planescape: Torment. Near the end of the game you will be forced to fight almost constantly. You are warned about that by one of the major characters, but a lot of people don't listen and end with no fighting skills. It's not a good idea. Battles can be seen from first or third perspective, depending on your current weapon. They aren't bad, but you don't get any experience for them, so you don't feel any satisfaction from taking part in them.

Graphics look slightly worse than in Half-Life 2. It's the same engine, but in Bloodlines it actually look as if it was about to crash at any second. To be honest, crashes are rather rare, but minor glitches are almost constant.

Sound is awesome. Both soundtrack and character voices are incredible.

Despite flaws regarding glitches, it's one of my favourite games and I've played a lot of them. The atmosphere, sound effects, replayability, nice dialogues, multiple ways of dealing with things on your way all make playing this game very nice experience.

If you haven't played it yet, it's high time to do it. I have finished it 3 times, I'm in the middle of 4th and I already know that I will play the game for the 5th time as well, because I'm currious how would people react to nosferatu character.
  60. Mar 16, 2016
    fdsafd'skafklsaf'lkdlsa'kfkl'fdsak;'lfads';lkafds';lk'fdaks;l'k;lafds;lkfdsa'lk;afds';lk'afds;lk';lkfdaa;lkfds'lka;fds'lk;fads;lk;lkdafs'lk;fds;lkdsf;lkdfs;lkk;'lfdas
  61. Apr 28, 2015
    this is one of the best games ive ever played. A true masterpiece RPG :)
    this is one of the best games ive ever played. A true masterpiece RPG :)
    Dark, mature, cruel modern day vampire world among us (nothing childish like Twilight). Great replay value, I ve finished the game 6 times, and every playtrough was unique (every time I discovered something Ive overlooked last time). This game deserves a reboot from the original studio which created it. I really dont know why this amazing game wasnt a financiall sucess and the studio closed its doors. And of course this game desrves a movie adaptation too :) A masterpiece, truly. After 10 years, this game is still TOP among RPGs. Bravo!
  62. Jul 24, 2014
    Roleplaying games set in the present times are rare. I found that game in used games cart in my local store.

I didn't even bother to read back of the cd. Went home, downloaded some patches I found and started the game, well, that was simply amazing, I was playing like mad for few hours straight. Everything was great, the dark athmosphere, plot, quests, huge amount of stuff you can interact with I felt again like I was a kid playing Neuroshima with my friends.

This one is my top #3 games of all time.
  63. Mar 21, 2016
    My all time favourite. It had a ton of bugs yes, but the atmosphere, story, voice acting made up for it 100%. Sadly, they don't make games like this these days.
  64. Nov 22, 2014
    Wonderfully dark, cheerfully witty and surprisingly heart-warming is what I expect when talking about a World of Darkness game. Vampire: The Masquerade lives up to it.

It's a perfect vampire RPG and while I am disappointed another did not follow, perhaps it wouldn't have lived up to it. Now, at a much later time after the games' release, there are almost no bugs and there is a patch that is still going strong. It's one of those perfectly made games that remains in everyone's memory. I cannot even talk about it without someone saying "well...now I have to re-install it".

I might just do that right now...
  65. May 15, 2016
    It’s all about atmosphere—from the goth clubs where you meet contacts, to the back alleys where you scavenge for rat blood, to the haunted Ocean House Hotel (one of the best quests in the game). Bloodlines’ ambitious use of White Wolf’s Vampire universe means it looks and feels different from the other RPG sword and sorcery games.

Unfortunately, that signature Troika ambition also means

Unfortunately, that signature Troika ambition also means lots of bugs and some mechanics that just don’t mesh well. The endgame includes some particularly sloggy dungeons, but no other game truly drops you into a Vampire world. Where else can you play as a character who is actually insane? This is truly a cult classic of an RPG, and the fan base has been patching and improving the game ever since release. and for that they have our thanks.
  66. Dec 27, 2015
    Literally the best game ever made. The writing is amazing, so is the soundtrack and so were the graphics at the time (kind of). The "dark"/"criminal"/"sexy" atmosphere in this game is just unparalleled. I replayed this game 9x.
  67. Jul 15, 2015
    This game! This game is ace and each time I play it i'm in awe. The mood and atmosphere makes you want to find a vampire coven in real life...the original soundtrack is amazing too.

All and all just an amazing game.
  68. Aug 25, 2015
    I'll start with stating that the game is unplayable without using fan made patches.
    I don't understand how they can sell it in this state without being sued...
    This is not influencing my review of the game. This is one of the best RPGs ever made (when patched)! The weakest point of the game is graphics and combat. But the atmosphere in the game is top notch and the story is great.
    I don't understand how they can sell it in this state without being sued...
    This is not influencing my review of the game.

This is one of the best RPGs ever made (when patched)!
    The weakest point of the game is graphics and combat.
    But the atmosphere in the game is top notch and the story is great.
    Also you can solve quests in several ways and that makes it more fun when replaying it.

Thank you Troika for this game!
  69. Jan 20, 2016
    A gem from WW, leader of WoD, a role-playing game from the roots of that genre... with the unofficial patch, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, might be the best game of all time.
  70. Dec 30, 2016
    The best way to play is a Malkavian. A very interesting game loaded with symbolism and narrative twists.

Open it. It has much more to offer you than anything you could ever dream of having, don't you think?
  71. MattB.
    Jun 30, 2008
    This game ranks in my top 10 of best games both for storyline and graphic comparison ran amazingly on my 6 year old pentium 4 1.8ghz with 640mb ram and integrated graphics now thats ability to play on a wide array if i've ever seen one i had one glitch in the game however the unoffical patch at filefront took care of that i recemend both the unoffical and offical patches for this This game ranks in my top 10 of best games both for storyline and graphic comparison ran amazingly on my 6 year old pentium 4 1.8ghz with 640mb ram and integrated graphics now thats ability to play on a wide array if i've ever seen one i had one glitch in the game however the unoffical patch at filefront took care of that i recemend both the unoffical and offical patches for this game before you play as it helps in the long run. But all in all the storyline was great and everything was where it should have been. Expand
  72. K
    Jan 6, 2005
    A very atmospheric RPG which, sadly, has an unfinished feel to it.
  73. K-Van
    Mar 10, 2005
    Yes, this game has bugs. That's what patches are for. I waited to play VTMB until one was available. Glad I did! I haven't had this much fun playing a RPG since KOTOR. Bottom line: If you like games like Morrowind, KOTOR, and Deus Ex, and you have a PC that can handle the load, then run out and buy this game immediately.
  74. Ardestat
    Aug 24, 2006
    I've played Vampire: tM RPG at home for years and this game was my first trial at the PC version of the game. I absolutely LOVED it! The storyline, the subplots and the atmosphere were incredible. The characters and dialogues were interesting. Some disciplines powers were not that awesome though. I would greatly recommend playing Malkavian or Tremere to get the most out of the game. I've played Vampire: tM RPG at home for years and this game was my first trial at the PC version of the game. I absolutely LOVED it! The storyline, the subplots and the atmosphere were incredible. The characters and dialogues were interesting. Some disciplines powers were not that awesome though. I would greatly recommend playing Malkavian or Tremere to get the most out of the game. It doesn't have much replay value since the story is the same for alll clans. Nervertheless, the game is very addictive, thrilling and intricately built (I would never have guessed that getting into a haunted house - even as a vampire - would be so scary). Many hours of fun to get out of it! Expand
  75. SHODAN
    Nov 10, 2007
    The narrative and dialogs are all very well written. Character customization actually alters game play and conversations. It's good to feel that your choices are meaningful for once. Troika did and excellent job setting up the atmosphere for this game as well, through art direction and music. There is great attention to detail that creates a sustained dystopian world that is easy to The narrative and dialogs are all very well written. Character customization actually alters game play and conversations. It's good to feel that your choices are meaningful for once. Troika did and excellent job setting up the atmosphere for this game as well, through art direction and music. There is great attention to detail that creates a sustained dystopian world that is easy to believe in and become attached to. The characters that inhabit it, also, are both memorable and believable. Expand
  76. CarlC.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Wonderfully complex adult game. Great for re playability. The different skills allow for many different play through methods.
  77. Anonymous
    Jul 5, 2007
    The game is very buggy and the combat isn't particularly well-done, but the RPG elements and the realism of characters more than make up for this. You're a vampire, you're pissed, and you're going to have to drink blood whether you like it or not; be it from a normal human being, other vampires, or donated blood transfusion packs. Again, buggy, bad combat, excellent The game is very buggy and the combat isn't particularly well-done, but the RPG elements and the realism of characters more than make up for this. You're a vampire, you're pissed, and you're going to have to drink blood whether you like it or not; be it from a normal human being, other vampires, or donated blood transfusion packs. Again, buggy, bad combat, excellent storyline and engine. Expand
  78. Micha?W.
    Feb 14, 2009
    One of the most interesting games I've ever played. Certainly we need more gems like that. The story is the strongest point here, as it should be. Sadly, making interesting games doesn't pay so developers sink (R.I.P. Troika). If you look at the history of innovative video games you can see more examples of that - Looking Glass Studios, Interplay . . .
  79. Jhickman
    Nov 18, 2004
    In response to James A: I am running this on a laptop, with 2.8 P4, 1 Gig of ram and an ATI 9600 and have the resolution set to 1600x1200 and haven't had it run slow at all - no choppiness, nothing.... The game is very well done overall. Melee feels "arcade" like, which is a bit of a disappointment. The Disciplines (spells) are all well thought out and have some interesting graphics. In response to James A: I am running this on a laptop, with 2.8 P4, 1 Gig of ram and an ATI 9600 and have the resolution set to 1600x1200 and haven't had it run slow at all - no choppiness, nothing.... The game is very well done overall. Melee feels "arcade" like, which is a bit of a disappointment. The Disciplines (spells) are all well thought out and have some interesting graphics. I am using firearms and have a moderate skill and finding it works fine - aiming might be linked to performance of your computer? Although guns rarely do even 1/2 the damage melee attacks do. The story is wonderful - not since Deus Ex have I seen this much attention to detail and intelligence in dialogue! Graphics are overall well-done with only Half-Life 2 outpacing it. The emphasis is definitely on the RPG side of this game, NOT the shooter side - so don't buy this if you want an intense action game. DO buy it if you want an immersive RPG with overall stunning visuals, excellent plot, and deep character development. The combat is average to below average - but, for me, it hasn't detracted much from the overall game. Expand
  80. Helle
    Mar 14, 2006
    I usually don't play computer, but I'm totally in love with this game. It so funny and exiting...is there anything else on the marked like this? I can't find a single bad thing about this game, maybe because I'm new to this.
  81. J.B.
    Aug 11, 2006
    I bought this game when I realized my computer couldn't play Morrowind IV: Oblivion and I was on the market for a fresh new RPG. This game delivered, and then some. If you liked Knights of the Old Republic, you'll like this game (perhaps better than KOTOR II). It's an excellent mix of action and story with a perfectly crafted atmosphere and really good ending.
  82. DaveH.
    Dec 4, 2007
    An excellent story and a variety of classes and character types make this an enjoyable and fun game to play.
  83. E.F.
    Oct 25, 2007
    A great game. But the potential of the valve's source engine is quite wasted here. Anyway, Bloodlines remains a great gaming experience. A reference for action rpg.
  84. Evis
    Jun 23, 2007
    Great game, fantastic adaptation of the world of darkness. I'ts only let down by a few nasty bugs.
  85. JonathanJ.
    Sep 28, 2007
    The game have an amazing atmosphere, awesome voiceacting and being a Malkavian is one of the most fun PC RPG game roles I have ever played. It does have its share of bugs though, you often get stuck in doors that refuse to open and close or the game simply freeze and so on. A great game in many ways but as some reviewers have pointed out, it lacks a true finishing touch to really make it The game have an amazing atmosphere, awesome voiceacting and being a Malkavian is one of the most fun PC RPG game roles I have ever played. It does have its share of bugs though, you often get stuck in doors that refuse to open and close or the game simply freeze and so on. A great game in many ways but as some reviewers have pointed out, it lacks a true finishing touch to really make it an epic game. Expand
    Feb 13, 2008
    The most fun I've ever had gaming. probably my favorite game. Was a bit glitchy when released.
  87. ChristianG.
    May 22, 2008
    This is simply one of the best PC-RPGs I have ever played.
  88. MichaelR.
    Jun 26, 2008
    One of the few games out there that has real re-play value. With the unofficial patch this game can finally be enjoyed rather than endured.
  89. ChrisC
    Dec 24, 2009
    Bloodlines suffered initially from nasty bugs, but after patching this game plays fantastic and is one of the most true-to-form and well presented games I've ever seen. Those seeking a weaving, twisting plot and interesting characters need look no further!
  90. JohnS.
    Nov 24, 2004
    I?ll agree with previous comments made about bloodlines gameplay, and add that more than any other cRPG (even KotOR) the character choices you make really do influence how you interact with NPCs. If you let your humanity slip, you?ll approach the world as an immoral monster. High seduction? You?ll find good looks can get you farther. While some have described the combat as ?clunky? I I?ll agree with previous comments made about bloodlines gameplay, and add that more than any other cRPG (even KotOR) the character choices you make really do influence how you interact with NPCs. If you let your humanity slip, you?ll approach the world as an immoral monster. High seduction? You?ll find good looks can get you farther. While some have described the combat as ?clunky? I haven?t found it so at all. It does depend heavily on your stats, so if you don?t put points into combat related attributes and talents, expect to have your butt handed to you on a regular basis. My only complaint is the lack of clothing/character model options. If you could change your look a bit more, it would be a totally immersive game. I?ve had no major graphics glitches, and I?m running an athlon xp 2600, 1 gb of ram, radeon 9600 128mb graphics. Hardcore VtM fans will note some significant departures from the pen and paper system, but I?ve found most of these compromises helped the flow of the game, and contributed to the overall experience. Each clan is represented well, though the character quiz heuristic is horribly broken. But if you know what clan you want to play, that doesn?t really matter. In any case, this is one of the most intense RPG experiences I?ve ever had. Spooky as hell. Very dark, but infused with Troika?s offbeat humor that gives the game some singularly hysterical moments. This is as close as you?ll ever get to feeling what it?s really like to enter the World of Darkness. Here?s hoping they make expansions and sequels ad infinitum. Expand
  91. EliasO.
    Dec 25, 2007
    A great RPG game! A great story & interesting places... Sure, it was buggy at first, but the patches fixed it, but how can a patch be "too late" ? Is there a rush to enjoy the game?
  92. OmegaN.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Best game i have played in....a loooong time. I would give it a 10, if not for the bugs. There where a few times I had to cheat (noclip in the console) to get unstuck. But the story, characters, everything but the bugs, are freakin amazing. You really feel the grit of the World of Darkness.
  93. JoshR.
    Dec 16, 2007
    I have played this many times since it first came out. It's one I consider quite classic (like Diablo, or FFVII) even though it may have it's flaws (which I personally notice very few but they are worth noting). One of which is the pointlessness to using guns, the whole mechanic about it is about as weak as the guns themselves. Now I understand using a gun on a vampire should be I have played this many times since it first came out. It's one I consider quite classic (like Diablo, or FFVII) even though it may have it's flaws (which I personally notice very few but they are worth noting). One of which is the pointlessness to using guns, the whole mechanic about it is about as weak as the guns themselves. Now I understand using a gun on a vampire should be pointless but you dont always fight vampires in this, sometimes they are just people, or sometimes Ghouls both of which will feel a bullet hit them and it will hurt, but in this world they take bullet hits as good as any vampire. Besides that however there is just to much for me to love in this game, great graphics (thank you Valve for your wonderful source engine) awesome story as well as sub plots and the like all of which are very fascinating and in my opinoin the only way to truly appreciate this game is to play it at least twice to see it from the perspective of a different clan as each has its own unique experiences. For instance, Nosferatu cannot walk above ground for they are obviously not human and that would break the masquerade, theres one clan that is insane and their dialect when speaking makes it obvious as well as some nice little touches to the TV and some other things that will make you wonder if your not insane too. So yeah, this game is worth getting and playing alot if your an action/rpg fan biggest problem honestly to me is the world feels to small but trust me most times you may not notice. Try this one out, it's worth it. Expand
  94. Nov 2, 2011
    Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines isn't a roleplaying game! i would say it is a FPS adventure with dialogues with NPC characters that make the game experience more rewarding. The character development system is well sorted out. The combact system is based on real time even if you're accuracy and both damage with melee or fire weapons are determined by your skills. The musics are reallyVampire the masquerade: Bloodlines isn't a roleplaying game! i would say it is a FPS adventure with dialogues with NPC characters that make the game experience more rewarding. The character development system is well sorted out. The combact system is based on real time even if you're accuracy and both damage with melee or fire weapons are determined by your skills. The musics are really good and well chosen for the game dark atmosphere. A game well done produced by Troika Games (that has also produced Arcanum). The mission in the hotel was really creepy and one of the best level in the game! Sure a game that has to be bought! Expand
  95. Mar 7, 2011
    The most atmospheric game I have ever played. Voice acting puts even games like Mass Effect to their knees (and I'm a huge fan of ME). Soundtrack fits the theme perfectly. If I was a billionaire I would propably fund the studio to remake this game with new engine and plenty of time to refine it and big marketing so that this masterpiece would get the attention it deserves.
    This is the only
    This is the only game that has scared me even with my big brother in my room and sunlight coming inside the room. Those creepers without torso coming jumping at my face really haunt me in my dreams still! I think this is a classic that unfortunately won't be matched in a long time when it comes to atmosphere and story quality. If you like good stories this is your game. If you hate bugs, download unofficial patches. If you want to get immersed in the best world yet made in the industry, buy this game.
  96. Mar 28, 2011
    This was probably the only hybrid between RPG and a first person action game done right. Versatile character system enables different character builds and styles of gameplay. Skills and powers are well utilized in non-combat gameplay. Writing, story, setting and atmosphere are superb. Bugs, which were a major flaw of the game when it was released, are fixed by Wesp's unofficial patch,This was probably the only hybrid between RPG and a first person action game done right. Versatile character system enables different character builds and styles of gameplay. Skills and powers are well utilized in non-combat gameplay. Writing, story, setting and atmosphere are superb. Bugs, which were a major flaw of the game when it was released, are fixed by Wesp's unofficial patch, confirming the old adage of "Bugs can be fixed, but (good / bad) design stays forever". Too bad that the endgame was combat only, thanks to the rushed development. Expand
  97. Mar 25, 2011
    This is easily one of the best RPG games I have ever played. The voice acting and dialogue is extremely well done, and the choices in the dialogue are smart and interesting. The level up system is easy to understand, and the classes are all interesting and unique. Beating the game will take a good 35 hours easily, and beating it again is very with another class is still fun.
  98. Apr 7, 2012
    I'll begin by saying that prior to trying out the game I've barely known anything about the World of Darkness or the tabletop RPG, yet the game's setting and story immersed me fairly quickly. Once you get past the mediocre 45 minutes of a tutorial, that's when the game truly begins. It starts off more like a crime/noir style story with vampires, but eventually you get to try out all sortsI'll begin by saying that prior to trying out the game I've barely known anything about the World of Darkness or the tabletop RPG, yet the game's setting and story immersed me fairly quickly. Once you get past the mediocre 45 minutes of a tutorial, that's when the game truly begins. It starts off more like a crime/noir style story with vampires, but eventually you get to try out all sorts of missions, ranging from full-on action, to stealth, to horror. The RPG elements are very good, because in the beginning you get to choose to play as one of 7 clans, all possessing different strengths, weaknesses, and special abilities. And as you progress through the game, you can choose to level up any of the available skills, and there are many. The story itself is pretty good too, many of the characters are memorable, and many of the locations are pretty atmospheric (even though some missions are really bland, like the sewers level). I'd say the game gives off some Deus Ex and GTA vibes, except with vampires. Now then, the game has aged quite significantly over the years and you can quickly see that the combat mechanic is nothing special. However, since the game is not all about combat, this is not a big flaw. Overall, if you've tried to explore and do all the sidequests, a single playthrough should last you at least 30 hours, and since you can play as up to 7 clans, the game has a good replayability; and although the story is very linear, the game has lots of sidequests, and of course multiple endings. So I'd say it's one of the better RPGs I have played. Expand
  99. Aug 25, 2013
    An underrated, unpopular gem. Use the latest unofficial patch and get into the game it's worth it. Probably one of my favorite games of all time and it was released in 2004!
  100. Nov 20, 2012
    Fantastic RPG. It's unfortunate more RPGs like this aren't made anymore. Games like Skyrim excel only in their open world aspects. Their RPG aspects are few compared to games like this and Deus Ex. Just don't forget to patch it

1. If you were disappointed with the recent FPS titles and their somewhat lackluster plot and linear storylines, then you will probably find Bloodlines to be a refreshing change, however on the other hand, a few technical and design issues let it down.
    A game that has one of the strongest single-player campaigns to ever appear in an RPG and it possesses a world so lush that you will literally want to sink your teeth into it.
  3. Easy to sum up: Game isn't finished.