6.5

1. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played this game for an hour or two and I doubt I will play it any further, logic does not seem to be the most common process that went into the development of the game and I find myself going "that does'nt make any sense!" way too often. How can this be a "stealth game" when you are less than 5 feet from your target, he is staring you dead in the face and he doesn't "see" you! I bought this game after reading both the positive and negative reviews however I can find very little positive about it. Expand
  2. Dec 30, 2011
    Purely from the gameplay perspective this game has its merits. Sneaking, assassinating from behind, this part is well done.
    But I only played for 2 hours, then the save system made me (rage) quit this game for good. Sometimes the save points are like 20 mins away. For a sneaking game where any encounter can be deadly (if the enemy accidentally turns around before you expect him to do so),
    it was simply too frustrating playing the same sequences over and over only to arrive at the same difficult point.
    Don't get me wrong: In any shooter game I don't have a problem with save points. Usually you can save yourself from dying by taking cover or hiding. But in this game you can't do that. Once the bad guys detect you, it's over. This kind of game definitely needs quick saves!
    The game is quite cheap nowadays. So for me it was not so much a waste of money but a waste of my time...
  3. Feb 25, 2013
    Makes the unforgiveable design decision of badly chosen checkpoints and no save options. Do you like listening to the same scripted conversation over and over again when you make a mistake? No, neither does anyone else. Avoid this like the plague.
  4. Dec 1, 2011
    First off this game seems to have video driver issues...at least on my system. Running dual Nvidia 8800GTX caused my computer to blue screen on 1920x1080 resolution. Was finally able to stabilize it by running 1280x720. This game is a very poor Splinter Cell clone. You will not find any of the great Splinter Cell features in this game. The weak story and cut scenes are the only things it has going for it and maybe the fact that it is controller enabled. Killing nazis is always fun, but there is no climbing on boxes, you can't hug walls, AI always seems to be setup in the right direction for you to sneak up and kill them removing any challenge, doors squeak, but AI is not alerted and even if you are spotted you can go back through the door and they won't follow. Extremely repetitious. I recommend avoiding this one. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    There is a reason this game is on sale ALOT!

It is one of the worst ports I have ever seen, the graphics are so-so. They gameplay is based around a hot attractive female 'spy' there is no story. Go out and spend your money on games such as Super Meat Boy/Skyrim.. Anything but this please.
  6. Feb 19, 2014
    Good idea for a game but the result is bland and repetitive.
    Deleted the game after 2 hours despite the fact that I LOVE STEALTH GAMES. I can't even remember what the story was all about. You can give it a shot but I think I'd rather play NOLF instead.

1. A depressing and shoddy misfire of a World War II sneak-'em-up. [July 2009, p.84]
  2. The strength of this game is the visceral experience. It all feels very real and can be very tense, much like the enjoyable tension you feel in a good scary movie. This is all very good, but some poor choices in game design sometimes pull you out of the experience which is not so good.
  3. Forget about clever puzzles and “social stealth”. Instead of presenting various solutions to a problem, Velvet Assassin will beat you on the head with a stick and point to an “X” on the map.