Generally favorable reviews- based on 36 Ratings
Feb 7, 2012Westernizing is a whole lot easier now, making it not just fun but viable as well to play an uncivilized nation like Japan, although if you'reWesternizing is a whole lot easier now, making it not just fun but viable as well to play an uncivilized nation like Japan, although if you're looking to dominate the world as President Madagascar you'll still be disappointed. The UI looks good and clean, dismissing mass messages is easy and mobilizing an army is two clicks away.
Tons of stuff to build and research outside of war, so there is plenty to do here if you're a more passive type. Game takes a bit to get into, but once you do like other Paradox titles there is a lot to do in here if you give it a chance.… Full Review »
Feb 12, 2012This expansion adds a lot of content to the game. The original game is good, I have spent countless hours playing it. Also, orctowngrot has noThis expansion adds a lot of content to the game. The original game is good, I have spent countless hours playing it. Also, orctowngrot has no idea what he is talking about. If the games didnt sell well, and people didnt like them, the company would have gone out of business a long time ago. The game is user friendly if you have a brain and an interest in history. Not if you like graphics and try to take in every single piece of data and try to "win". There is no winning, you set whatever goal for you if you want. Do whatever you want. Try to make Zulu a great power. There are things you should look at, and things you shouldnt. You dont need to take in every piece of information. You cant look at every single input and output, you look at the general scope of things. Also he calls Total War games great. Which they are not. They have no historical accuracy at all, battles that are way too easy to win, and pretty much no campaign. The campaign map consists of moving oversize people around, hoping for a battle. No diplomacy barely, no industry, no trade, no economy, no politics. He is not the person who they are designing games for, so I don't know why he still wastes his money on them.… Full Review »
Mar 1, 2015Five reasons this game is absolute s h i t e !
1. I needed community support to even start the game. 2. Game-mechanics are somewhatFive reasons this game is absolute s h i t e !
1. I needed community support to even start the game.
2. Game-mechanics are somewhat booring. Rather limited options for doing anything.
3. Once you become a Great Power you must spend the rest of the game watching the influence interface, trying to jocky your sphere of influence into the AIs. About as fun as watching an intrument-panel on a random factory-machine.
4. Every 5-20 seconds the game throws a splash-screen in your face, demanding you press "confirm" or make a choice that have a miniscule impact on your game. Until you do, it will either lock the game in pause or block your view while the game is still running.
5. You have to go online to learn how to play the game.… Full Review »